LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/123/115
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
Beth's Real Life Journey to Success

Hi everyone! I thought it was about time I started my own journal. I have been blessed by others on here that have shared their own stories of victories and struggles.

I began Low Carb living after I found a long-lost friend I went to college with online. She had lost 50 pounds and look better than she had ever looked. I asked her what she was doing, and she explained to me how she had cut out sugar substances from her life. She was also drinking green tea. She said she never felt better and had decided that this was the way she would live from here on out. I had reached my top weight of 175 (im only 4'9") and was totally miserable! I started asking her questions and changing my diet. Before I knew it the weight started coming off, and I was feeling better. Later, I found out that her plan was basically the Atkins Diet. I wasn't familiar with that WOE..all I knew was that you mainly ate meat. I was just really flying by the seat of my pants on what to eat. Nevertheless, it was working.

I think I wore her out on questions about eating and the ups and downs I was experiencing with my weight. (I weighed every day!) I needed something more. I finally found so much support here at Low Carb Friends. I was encouraged to buy the Atkins book and soon all the missing pieces started falling into place. To catch you up...here are counts for weight loss up to this point and some transformation pictures. Thanks for visiting! I appreciate all your encouragement and support through my journey to success!

October 06'-November~4 lbs. lost
November-December~8.8 lbs lost
December-January~5.2 lbs lost
January 07'-February~3.8 lbs. lost
February-March~6.8 lbs. lost..................Total: 28.6

This picture was taken back in July 06'

Here has been my journey so far:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...sanimated2.gif

My Journey to Success
Getting back to the skinny me!
"Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!" Samuel 25:6

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far this month for March I have had some upsets. I have continued on the plan like I should. I started out the month weighing 146.4! It was my lowest weight yet. I don't really know what happened after that point...whether I started retaining water or it was the exercise that I started doing but my weight jumped up.

March 2~147.8, March 3~149, March 4~147.4, March 5~148.8, March 6~148.6, and today March 7~148.6

I am hoping for a drop soon. It has been so discouraging to see the scales go up. I also am doing the ketone sticks. They continue to stay in the moderate to large category when I test in the mornings. One thing for sure...this weight loss is a journey and it takes time! I keep telling myself that the weight coming off slowly means that it will stay off. I think I am feeling a little pressure meeting my goal by June.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KrystaLyn
Stats: 173.0/164.0/135 (pre-preg 162/135)
Start Date: Post-pregnancy start: 03/02/2011
Yay! Beth has a journal now! Now we have two places to party!

So what's in June? Is there an event, or is that just what you set your goal for? My goal is July 21st, cause that is when we are going on our annual family vacation/reunion, and my sisters and I all have the goal to be at least 130 by then. I only have 12 lbs to go!

After looking at your pics, (BTW, your new avi is so gorgeous!) I think maybe I should post some "befores" and "currents" over in my journal. Hmmm...

Just hang in there with the fluctuations. Eventually your body will realize that it has to go DOWN....and stay there!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Edwards20
WOE: LC
Hey Beth !!! I am so glad you got a journal. Keep up the good work, you can do this. God is going to help us through it and give us the wisdom to allow all of the knowledge to be 2nd nature. And I will tell you AGAIN ... you look great. You have been transformed.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo Hoo! The scales are finally going in the right direction again. I weighed 147.2. That is a drop of 1.4 pounds! I had the thought that if something didn't happen soon I was going to go buy some new scales!

I've been taking some supplements in addition to the diet. I am eager to see how they change the way I feel. Here is what I am taking:

Multivitamin with EGCG (32 mg)
Omega 3/6/9 essential oils
Biotin~1000mg-right now I am taking two (2000 mg)
Coconut Oil~try to at least take 2 T a day and use it in cooking
SF Fiber Choice Weight Management (for when things get..you know)

OK, so here is my menu from yesterday. This is my first one so don't judge me too hard...there have been better ones!

B~Atkins Shake 1
S~5 black olives & 1 cheese stick 2.4
L~Zaxby's Grilled House Salad w/out crunchy onions (7) & 1 pk of Ranch(2)=9
S~chocolate peanut butter cup (homemade) 2.2
D~Homemade Taco Salad 5
dessert another chocolate piece
Total: 21.8

I forgot that I had already had a chocolate piece earlier or I wouldn't have eaten another one..oops! I have been really craving chocolate recently. These treats are the bomb...soo good! Everyone in the house loved them. This will be an occasional treat and not a WOE.

I also exercised yesterday. I did a 30 min. hard walk. There were lots of hills too. My legs are sore this morning. Feels good. I plan to do an aerobics tape this afternoon. Boy, this journal makes you accountable!!

Thanks everyone for visiting! Krysta, lets party girl while we lose this weight! Candy, it was so nice to see your face on here...need you!

Oh, I forgot...I guess you will be wanted to know what was in those chocolate peanut butter cups...Found it in the recipe room.

Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Description: Taste like the real thing!

Ingredients: 1 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate
1 stick of butter
2/3 cup of Splenda
4 tbsp of low carb peanut butter (or natural pb..check counts)

How To Prepare: Melt all slow over low heat until smooth and blended. Spoon into little muffin cups lined with aluminum or paper cups. Freeze 1 hour. Best kept in freezer.
Number of Servings: 12
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 2.2
Preparation Time: 15 min
Old 03-08-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Woo Hoo Beth! Looks like we both finally broke those stubborn scales! I'm crossing my fingers that March will be a fantastic month for us, weight-loss wise. What do you think??

I'm glad you are posting your menus. It's great to see what we are eating. And How are those PB cups? I might have to try those. I think my sister will DIE, however...she is a huge PB Cup fan. Maybe I will whip up a batch and take one to work tonight! YUM!

Anyway, I will be interested in seeing how you feel about those supplements. I already take a vitamin and Evening Primrose Oil (a 6 EFA), and I've been meaning to get some flax oil, but just havent yet. Do you get something that has all of them (3/6/9) in one? That would be SO much easier. And I have been contemplating the Biotin, but I haven't decided yet.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Omega 3/6/9 has vitamin E, Flaxseed Oil, Barage Seed Oil, Fish Oil, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Omega 6 Fatty Acids, and Omega 9 Fatty Acids. I take the Biotin for my hair but I see that it is also for energy and metabolism. I think it is making a difference. It was falling out so bad!

Krysta, you have to try the PB cups. They are really good! Even my husband and kids said they were fantastic!

Also, you asked me before about why June was a deadline for me. We are going to our company convention at the end of June. I would just like to be really thin for that! It just gives me something to focus on. The single picture of me was taken on our anniversary last year (July 20). It will be neat to have a picture at my weight loss goal to put beside it.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjbugg1982
WOE: Atkins
hello
Old 03-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for stopping by kjbugg!
Old 03-09-2007, 06:40 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I got up this morning and was feeling thin. I just knew that I was going to drop....but NO! I was up .4 this morning (147.6). It's OK though. It is probably from the salt I ate last night. This is the way it goes with me...up and down. You would think I would have gotten used to it by now.

I did take the kids out for some exercise yesterday . We walked around where I live. It is a very hilly community and I was pushing my little girl in the stroller! I was sore last night. I felt proud of myself for doing it though.

My DH left on a trip this morning to go teach a seminar in PA. It is hard on me with four kids when he is gone. Next weekend I get to go with him to NC to hear him speak. He is an awesome speaker and requested quite a bit. I'm hoping the grandparents will come sometime during the weekend to help.

[COLOR="Blue"]Menu:

[COLOR="Red"]Breakfast[/COLOR]~Vanilla Flax seed Muffin (2) & coffee with DS (0) & 2 T of HC (1)= [COLOR="Red"]3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Lunch[/COLOR]~2 hamburger patties (0), 1 slice cheese (1), 1T mayo (.5), & 1 cup broccoli (4)= [COLOR="red"] 5.5[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Snack[/COLOR]~1/2 cup SF chocolate pudding (made with HC)= [COLOR="red"]4[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Dinner[/COLOR]~BBQ pork (0), 2T LC BBQ sauce (3), small salad (1) w/ cucumber slices (.2), 1 mushroom (.5), 2T almond accents (1)= [COLOR="red"]5.7[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]
Dessert[/COLOR]~LC Peanut B. treat= [COLOR="red"]2.2[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Total[/COLOR]: [COLOR="red"]20.4[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I don't know why I am craving chocolate so bad. Most people do that when it is TOM. I don't have that anymore since my hysterectomy, but the doctor did say I could have symptoms since I still have one ovary. Anyway, I hope it passes. I need to do better about controlling it. I went back and forth on whether or not to eat it last night until I finally gave into it!
I made those flax seed muffins for the first time yesterday. They were pretty good. I think I really had my expectations up for them. I don't think it will be something I crave. Maybe next time I will make them more like banana bread. That was the original recipe but I didn't have banana extract or banana syrup.

If anyone sees a problem with my menu or the counts, I will welcome your comments! Have a blessed weekend all who come to visit!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Beth, you're going to NC next week? I'm going to be there on the 25th. Where in NC?

I used to make the flax muffins, but I can't eat them anymore. Flax seeds or meal gives me the most severe reflux....I mean, where I throw up and everything. It's the most miserable experience. But I agree, I don't think they as as good as all the hype. Not BAD...just not SOOO GOOD, either.

Keep it up with the exercise! I personally am feeling BLOATED today. I will go weigh in and find out if I am right!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We are going to be in Charlotte for another awards meeting. I have family in Winston Salem and go there every 6 months or so. Hope you discover you still lost...I will look in your journal soon! Have you ever tried Zantac? I have to take that every week.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Beth -- the "link" worked great. And don't EVER think you are interrupting anything in my journal. It's my home and there are NO rules.

So, is "flax" allowed ? I get so confused on when to add what since I haven't got my book yet. But, I am glad to know you didn't think they were "all that", because I thought I was really missing something great.

Thanks for being my friend !!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I was at my parents this morning when I weighed in. They have the same scales I do but you know how that goes. Anyway, my weight this morning was 146.4. Oh, I hope that is right! I really won't know if it is or not until tomorrow morning. Even then the scales are so crazy with me I might not be able to tell.

We went out to eat last night. I tried to be good. I did have a couple of taste of a hummus dip they brought out. It was so good. There were no real hidden carbs in it. I just had to guess what the carbs were...don't you hate that!

So, here's the menu for Friday:

[COLOR="Red"]Breakfast[/COLOR]~2eggs(1.5) w/ 1 mushroom (.5), green pepper (.5)= [COLOR="red"]2.5[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Lunch[/COLOR]~small salad (1.2) w/ ranch (2) & some pizza toppings (4)=[COLOR="red"]7.2[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Snack[/COLOR]~Akins shake=[COLOR="red"]1[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Dinner[/COLOR]~small salad (1) w/ tomatoe (1.5), cucumber (.2), olives (.2), cheese (1), ranch (2), few bites of hummus (2), steak (0), cooked spinach (1.5), coffee w/ SF creamer (2)=[COLOR="red"]11.4[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Total[/COLOR]: [COLOR="red"]22.1 + any hidden carbs[/COLOR]

I didn't do any exercise yesterday other than just running around cleaning house and stuff. I don't know what we have planned for today. I think I am going shopping.

Candy, I really don't know either about the flax. I know it is straight up fiber. You will probably have to ask someone else. I just made them to see what all the hype was about. It is not something I will probably eat a lot.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:04 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Cool. Hope you have a great Sunday !!!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This week was such a disappointment to me. I ended this morning weighing 147. So, the scales were real close at my moms house. That only puts me losing .4 this week! And so far this month from last month's end (146.4), I have gained .6. Not good.

I am really praying for some good weight loss this week. I do feel like I have lost inches though. My waist feels thinner. I was looking at that thread about how the scales lie. The girl on there had two pictures of her. There was only one pound difference between the two, but you could really tell she had lost in inches. Amazing!

On a lighter note, I went shopping with my mom yesterday. I was comfortably fitting in a size 12 and at times fitting in a size 10 . Clothes vary so much don't they. There were some 10's that fit me up top but more snug at the bottom. On tops, I was fitting in a medium. Some of them were tight around my chest, so I would get the next size up and they were real big then. I even had my bra minimizer on. After breast-feeding four children what should I expect huh?

Well, here is the menu for yesterday. We ate out breakfast and lunch and dinner was leftovers from the night before. I think I had too much salt. Around 8:00 (which was 9:00) I felt so bad...headache and feeling like I needed something. So, I drank a shake. I don't know if that was the right thing to do but it seemed to help. Also, I was very low on water yesterday. You know, now that I am typing this...my headache was probably due to lack of water. Next time instead of grabbing a shake I will drank tons of water and see if that helps. I should have taken some water with me shopping. The only thing I had was a diet green tea.

[COLOR="Red"]Menu[/COLOR]:

[COLOR="Red"]Breakfast[/COLOR]~2 eggs w/ cheese (2.5), 2 bacon, coffee w/ 2 splenda (2)=[COLOR="red"]4.5[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Lunch[/COLOR]~Salad (2) with grilled chicken (0), 1/2 boiled egg (.5), cheese (2), bacon (0), 2 cherry tomatoes (1.5), cucumber (.2), ranch (2), and appetizer of spinach & artichoke dip w/ celery (6?) = [COLOR="red"]14.2[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Dinner[/COLOR]~sm. piece of steak (0), 1/4 cup cooked spinach (1.5)=[COLOR="red"]1.5[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Late night snack[/COLOR]~ Atkins Shake (1)=[COLOR="red"]1[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Total[/COLOR]~[COLOR="red"]21.2 (plus whatever I might have missed from the appetizer)[/COLOR]

I am going to try to eat very light today. We are going to meet DH near the airport for dinner (he is coming home)...maybe at Olive Garden. I am thinking I might just have a couple of shakes and maybe a snack before I go so that I won't mess up too bad. We will see. I am going to get online and look to see what they have that I can eat. I know that I can eat the salad. Also, a while back I looked and they had some lighter entrees that had like 10-15 carbs. I will copy and post the ones I find tomorrow for future reference.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:47 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Beth, sorry about the slow loss this week. But hey, .4 lbs is .4 lbs! And WOO HOO on the smaller sizes! Before you know it, we are BOTH going to be bragging to each other about fitting into those SMALLS! It will be awesome being a "Petite" once we are in those Smalls, don't you agree?? I don't know about you, but a LARGE sized Petite just seems like an oxymoron to me....

It's funny that you mentioned looking online at the restaurant menus....I have taken to doing that myself! It's so much easier being armed with info before you go! I will look forward to seeing what you find! Talk at you later, my Lovely!

Last edited by KrystaLyn; 03-11-2007 at 09:48 AM..
Old 03-12-2007, 08:04 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Scales stayed the same this morning...147. That's fine. I couldn't believe how much those carbs added up last night. Yesterday, I tried to just do shakes until dinner. I don't know how that affects you body when you eat that many carbs in one meal, but it can't be good. I am trying to add all the little things in there to be honest with myself on how many I am actually getting. I absolutely hate added those Splendas but I can't live without them (or don't want to).

We had a wonderful dinner. I asked the waiter a lot of questions. He gave me a hard copy of what I found on the Internet. The salad dressing wasn't on the paper so he brought a bottle for me to look at. I was so happy to find that there were just 2g of carbs per 2 TB. That's just like the ranch I have been using. I ended up buying a bottle before we left. It is really good dressing and will be a nice change from ranch.

I have got to get back to exercising this week. I have been trying to exercise at least 3 days a week. The kids are out of school today (snow emergency day that they haven't had to take). We also have an eye appt. we have to go to for one of my little ones. It will be a busy day.

Here is the menu for yesterday and also the restaurant guide to Olive Garden.

[COLOR="Red"]Breakfast[/COLOR]~Atkins Shake (1)=[COLOR="red"]1[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Lunch[/COLOR]~Atkins Shake (1)=[COLOR="red"]1[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Dinner[/COLOR]~Appetizer: 2 stuffed mushrooms (4), couple of calamari (3)=[COLOR="red"]7[/COLOR]
Salad: Lettuce, Tomato, Olive, (4), Olive Garden Dressing (2)=[COLOR="red"]6[/COLOR]
Mixed Grill: Grilled steak and chicken on skewers (0), cup of sauteed squash and zucchini (5.25)=[COLOR="red"]5.25[/COLOR]
Tea: 2 splendas(2)=[COLOR="red"]2[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]After Dinner[/COLOR]~cup of expresso (.4) & Splenda (1)=[COLOR="red"]1.4[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Total[/COLOR]: [COLOR="red"]23.65 (+ anything I missed not knowing)[/COLOR]

SELECTIONS UNDER 20g CARBOHYDRATES
Information based on full portion as served. CARBS g FIBER g NET CARBS g

APPETIZERS
Stuffed Mushrooms 14 2 12
[B]Mussels di Napoli 19 1 18
LUNCH ENTRÉES AND SOUP
Grilled Chicken Spiedini 14 4 10
DINNER ENTRÉES
Herb-Grilled Salmon 18 6 12
Pork Filettino 17 7 10
Tuscan T-Bone 16 6 10
Mixed Grill 19 7 12
NO SUGAR ADDED DESSERT SELECTION
Information based on full portion as served. CARBS g FIBER g
DESSERT
Torta di Chocolate 63 11 34(sugar alcohols)

Other information: If you're watching carbohydrates...savor one of their grilled entrees with fresh vegetables in place of potatoes. Choose whole wheat linguine with your pasta selection for a good source of fiber, providing 3.75 grams of fiber in their lunch portions and 6 grams in their dinner portions. www.olivegarden.com/garden_fare

OK, so you might be wondering why my carb count was lower on the Mixed Grill. Well, the original plate comes with potatoes. I omitted the potatoes and told them to bring me more of the vegetables. I guessed that they had about 2 cups of veggies on the plate. I only ate half. The meat just had some seasoning on it so I counted it as 0. I got on Fit day and looked up the veggies and that is what I found on the carb count. I figured that it was about right due to what the count was on the entire dish. There were 6 mushrooms on the appetizer. So, that would make them 2 a piece. That is how I figured the mushrooms.
Have a wonderful day...thanks for visiting!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Beth -- sorry you are not losing as fast as you would like. But they tell us slower is healthier, I think ? It is amazing how fast carbs add up. I haven't added shakes because I was afraid they would stall me or slow me down. I have read so many varying opinions here on LCF, but I have to decide what works for me. Most people say no caffiene or splenda but it doesn't seem to be affecting me. I think cream cheese is my "evil" low carb food. I am just trying not have bars and shakes and do it "naturally". But they might change. Just keep experimenting and see what works for you. What works for me might not work for you, etc.
Keep your chin up, you can do this !!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the encouragement Candy!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #21
T-man

Gallery: whitelighter1968
Stats: 350/242/190
Start Date: 12/04/06
Beth... your experience at OG is incredible... It's great to be empowered that's for sure..

You're doing an awesome job.. I know.. for me... when I did the Atkins shakes before they really stalled my weight loss. I'm glad they aren't hindering yours.

Keep up the awesome work.

Timothy
Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Here is the link to the recipe you wanted: No Bake Jello Cheesecake
We used strawberry jello. It tasted nothing like cheesecake. More like that congealed salad stuff you have at holidays. Hannah thought it tasted like ice cream. I think when I reach strawberries on the carb ladder, those will be great added to this mixture. Be forewarned, portion control was an issue here.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning, my dear!

Well, Beth, now you have a whole week to get to 146 or below! And I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at OG. Way to plan! Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with having two shakes in a day, if you are planning a dinner out, like you did. I mean, how often would you do that, you know? Besides, shaking up your "usual" eating schedule every now and then is probably a good thing.

I'm with you on the exercise. I really need to up mine this week, as well. We can keep each other accountable! Talk atcha later, lovely
Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WooHoo! The scales went down again this morning...146!! That is the lowest I have been before...praying it is not temporary!

We had a busy day yesterday ...the kids were home, we had appointments, we went to my parents again, we ate dinner with our business partners. Needless to say, I got no additional exercise. This week is also going to be crazy with getting ready for our trip on Friday. I am going to really try to work it in though.

Krysta, I don't think anything is wrong either with having a shake every now and then. I looked at them verses the bars, and they look better. I was really using the bars weeks ago. I stopped to see if they would help with the lost. I haven't been able to really tell yet. They may have not effected me that much.

I hope everyone that reads last menu understands that it was the first time I had drank the two shakes and eaten only one meal. I don't recommend doing that! It is much better to eat whole foods.

Candy, thanks for the recipe. I don't typically like congealed salad but my taste have changed some so I might give it a try.

Here is the menu for yesterday. I tried something different at dinner. We went out to eat at Quincy's...food bar place. There were 1/2 grapefruits on the bar. I remembered a thread that someone was talking about eating a grapefruit and getting a whoosh. I thought I would eat 1/2 of one (because I was eating protein with it). I only got 1/2 of the 1/2 eaten and couldn't eat anymore. Boy, was I glad I only ate that much. I didn't check the carb count because it wasn't planned. I just thought I would see how my body responded. Maybe it helped...but don't know for sure. I don't know how long it actually takes your body to respond to things. Anyway, here it is:

[COLOR="Magenta"]Breakfast[/COLOR]~2 eggs (1.2) scrambled with 1 oz. cream cheese (1)=[COLOR="magenta"]2.2[/COLOR]

[COLOR="magenta"]Lunch[/COLOR]~1 hamburger pattie(0) w/ 2 slices of cheese (3)=[COLOR="magenta"]3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="magenta"]Snack[/COLOR]~coffee & SF syrup (1) with mom & one bite of Atkins bar(1)=[COLOR="magenta"]2[/COLOR]

[COLOR="magenta"]Dinner[/COLOR]~Salad(1.3) w/ cucumber(.2), 2 cherry tomatoes(1.5), 1 olive(.2), ranch(2), Steak (0), 1/4 grapefruit(4.5) & 2 pieces of melon(2)=[COLOR="magenta"]11.5[/COLOR]

[COLOR="magenta"]Late night snack[/COLOR]~tuna salad (1)=[COLOR="magenta"]1[/COLOR]....don't know why I was so hungry!

[COLOR="magenta"]Total[/COLOR]: [COLOR="magenta"]20 [/COLOR]carbs

Have a great day!! Oh, by the way, my son got a great report at the doctor! He has been having trouble with his right eye being lazy. We have been doing the patch for 3 hours a day with him. Yesterday, the doctor said that his eye has responded and we don't have to do it anymore. He was seeing the smallest of images (while he couldn't even see the top line 2 months ago). What a relief! We have been praying for him and God has answered our prayers!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry, but I had to stop in to say Yay! 146!! I'm so happy for you! You're on your way down. Your menu looks great, too! And thats awesome that you tried the grapefruit! See, there's nothing to be scared of about fruit...I love it. And I'm so glad for your little boy...Prayer works! Love ya, and talk to you later!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #26
T-man

Beth...

I'm very proud of you!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!

Timothy
Old 03-14-2007, 07:28 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I SAW IT TODAY! 145...never mind it had a .8 after it but I saw the number!! I am sure by the weekend I will officially lost 30 POUNDS!!! I am so thrilled this morning!

Got a lot to do today. My exercise has been mainly running around and deep cleaning this house of mine...doesn't that count for something? I know I am really stretching things here in that department. Heck, I even thought of looking up how many calories you burn while having s**! But anyway, I have promised my challenge group that I will officially do some type of exercise today (or they are going to throw me out of the challenge I guess).

Here is the menu for yesterday:

[COLOR="Purple"]Breakfast[/COLOR]~2 eggs(1.2) & 3 bacon(nitrate free!)=[COLOR="purple"]1.2[/COLOR]
[COLOR="purple"]Lunch[/COLOR]~Salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays with ranch (5 estimate)
4 buffalo wings (4...looked up on their website)
Tea with 2 splenda (2)...........Total=[COLOR="purple"]11[/COLOR]

[COLOR="purple"]Dinner[/COLOR]~5 Tuna muffins (5)...if you haven't tried these..you must!!=[COLOR="purple"]5[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]Dessert[/COLOR]~cup of coffee w/ stevia, CO, 2 tsp of cream=0
1 PB chocolate (2)=[COLOR="purple"]2[/COLOR]

[COLOR="purple"]Total[/COLOR]: [COLOR="purple"]19[/COLOR]

Here is the link to the muffins: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/tuna_muffins.html
Old 03-14-2007, 08:01 AM   #28
seb

Gallery: seb
Stats: 205/171/140 5'6" 48
Start Date: Restart on 1-29-07
Hi Beth. Just read your journal. You've done beautifully. It's hard when the scale doesn't move much, but as you've seen from my journal, inches are still melting off! Just looking at your face in your avi and the one you posted show wonderful results. Keep it up, my dear.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #29
T-man

I know one of your challenge groups would never throw you out.. you're too great for that... Keep up the great work and congrats on 30 pounds!!!!!

T-man
Old 03-14-2007, 08:45 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Beth! You're amazing! 30 lbs! You are definitely an inspiration, my dear Now get out there and take a walk!!
Closed Thread