Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RNW66
Stats: 242.2/234.0/145
WOE: Atkins/Induction
Start Date: DEC 7 2006
I agree with honey and just stay focused but the sugar free candy played a part i would say even if it was low carb you still have all the other stuff in it and I think you will be fine as long as you stay focused and just do little tastes for them kind of foods but I know you can do this just dont let a lot of that stuff fool you into thinking its ok so i think your maintaining great dont get discouraged just step it up dance if you have to just step up excercise small simple things! You are going all the way with us I cant wait to get to onederland!
1st Goal 199 Valentine's Day

242 240 235 [COLOR="Red"]234.0[/COLOR] 230 225 220 215 210 205 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
RNW66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
I guess I didn't put that much stock in 1 piece of sugar free candy..serving size was 5 pieces...but you are probably right. I think that it probably really stalled me. Evil, evil stuff. Will not be eating any on Christmas Eve or Christmas like I had planned. I really shouldn't be so hard on myself. I haven't had any real sugar since Oct. 31. Not even one bite of one cookie or one lick of a candy cane.

Logically, I know that if I stay the course, things will start moving again. I just remember how I lost before....it was so quick and steady. I need to remember that I'm older and dealing with thyroid and PCOS issues. I need to be kind to me. LOL

Today I "feel" thinner". Clothes feel really loose. Eating on plan.

January is coming, January is coming. I plan to start exercising regularly Jan. 1. Right now, I'm just doing back exercises and some yoga stretches to get ready.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison
"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process"-Thomas Edison
"It's never too late to be who you might have been"-George Eliot
Dream it, talk it, live it. -Rose Fitzgerald
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
yip.. your doing awesome!!...it will start rolling off soon ... keep it up lady..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, all.
I'm just in here real quick. We found out that as long as the birth mother doesn't change her mind, we will be having a baby in April I'm very excited-with reservations of course.

Busy, busy. Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Honey Vanilla
Stats: Too big for my britches!
Aww I hope your baby does get to come to you in April. I'm keeping my hopes up for you
Honey Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Hi, all.
I'm just in here real quick. We found out that as long as the birth mother doesn't change her mind, we will be having a baby in April I'm very excited-with reservations of course.

Busy, busy. Have a good day everyone.
Ohhh.. Im excited.. hehe...I'll be an aunt.. hehe..

congrats.. I will be praying for you and the little one..
Old 12-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Honey and Monet. I'm letting myself think about the baby little by little. It's such a surreal experience. I wish I knew whether it was a boy or girl. I can't buy anything yet, because I don't know. Maybe I'll buy some white or yellow onesies tonight at Walmart.

Going to the grocery store tonight to buy all the food for baking and cooking for the bazillion events we are hosting at our house the next couple of days. I love decorating and entertaining. We have this great old house that was built in 1920...lots of original woodwork and windows. All the lights reflect off the glass. Of course, I'm buying lots of low carb stuff. Going to stay on plan as best that I can. Really don't want to gain anything back. I'm feeling really motivated to stay "clean". My mil is bringing all of the cookies. I think I may squirrel some away and freeze them to eat later this summer when I'm hawt.

Still eating well. I think I'm not eating enough, though. Yesterday, I had two low carb crackers spread with cream cheese, a handful of walnuts, and a small Wendy's chili. (Beans don't seem to make me gain as long as I only eat them about once a week. ) Love Wendy's chili!!! Also, I'm not drinking enough water. Been having really bad leg cramps at night. Taking a good vitamin, but I read that it can also be caused from not drinking enough water.

The rest of my mail order Christmas stuff came today. So, tonight, cleaning, wrapping, finish scrapbook for step dad, decorating, grocery shopping, onesie shopping , and, and, and, solve the World peace problem, find a cure for all the major life threatening diseases, etc. etc. Actually, I have nothing planned for Friday and Saturday, so I can work on a few of those things on those days.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #68

Your too funny hehehe...

have a great time.. oh I think I already said that over at my place..lol.. so have a boubly good time..

onesies are so0o0o coot.. hehee

Old 12-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Crazy day yesterday.

Took middle kid to the Dr.
Got E-check done--for those who don't know what that is: Some counties in Ohio require you to go to an E-check station and have you car tested for dangerous levels of "emissions" from your car. You have to do it every other year in order to renew your license plates. Not really "hard" to do, just a major time consumer. They don't have a station in our town, so it means a trip to another city, blah, blah, blah.

Made dinner for the kids.
Went to the library.
Went to the health food store.
Went to the hardware store.
Went back to the library because oldest DD called me on the cell phone to ask for a different holiday movie.
Dropped all movies from library off at home.
Went to SuperWalmart and filled up my cart, paid, loaded groceries into the car--in the rain.
Went back into Walmart, filled up my cart AGAIN, paid, loaded groceries into the car--in the rain.
Then, because Walmart was out of all of the fresh veggies that I needed to buy, I went to another grocery store in town, bought a bunch of veggies and checked out.

I got home around 10:30 p.m. My wonderful oldest daughter carried all the groceries in--in the rain--while I put them away. The front seat, front floor board, back seat, back floor board, and trunk were all full. But.....I'M DONE SHOPPING!! Don't have to go out today or tomorrow. I've gotten a lot done so far today. Listening to lots of Christmas music and just having an all around good day.

Oh, if you are looking for a good low carb pizza recipe, head over to Monet's journal (page 50) I made it for the first time for lunch today and it was FANTASTIC! Even my 6 yo DD, who is really pizza picky, liked it. I will be making this often.

P.S.-Looked at the onesies last night, but didn't buy any. I think I'll wait until I know if it's a boy or a girl. I did however, buy some baby lotion.:blush: It smells soooooooo good.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:49 AM   #70

nothing better then a good smellin new bebe.. hehe

wow you sound as busy as I was..lol.. but I am all done now.. except for baking more cookies with the kiddos.. for Santa ya know..

When you get this new baby, I hope you will share pics with us.. even if its a private message.. hehe.. and if you feel comfy about it.. maybe your address.. so I can send you a baby prezzy.. totally up to you and I would understand if you didnt.. after all there are alot of nuts on the internet.. ..
but at least pics

have a great weekend.. have fun with the kiddos.. I'm off today at noon.. so I am thinking we may make the cookies today.. seeing that were going to my moms tomorrow..then tomorrow evening.. we can play games and relax..
sounds like a plan..

later tater
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 12-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Pics....but of course. I need to figure out how to post a picture, first, though. Maybe I'll put it in my avatar. That I know how to do.

Busy baking today....Our traditional Cranberry Pie for Christmas morning breakfast...Mincemeat pie with lattice work crust for my Step Father for Christmas Day....Pecan pie for my brother for Christmas Day....Maybe try Tooter's Mini Pecan pies for me (low carb)....Pumpkin Bread for my three neighbors....Also need to make Spinach Dip for tomorrow's lunch and cut up all the veggies so it's ready for after church when part of DH's family will be here.

Bracelet came out great. I'm very pleased with it and DH said, "How did you resize all those pics by yourself?" I guess after 19 years of marriage, I can still surprise him.

Got lots of wrapping done, more to do.

Half way done with Step Father's scrapbook. It's an 8x8 celebrating the two years he's been part of our family. My kids really love him, which you can tell by the pictures. My son didn't really know my Dad because DS was only 18 mths. old when my Dad died. We adopted our youngest daughter after my Dad was gone, so she never even met him.

Off to wrap more presents.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:21 PM   #72

yay... pics.. .. they will be so coot.. ....

my Alina had foster parents that live in Ohio now.. do you know any Kauffmans? she still keeps in contact with them after all these years .. they are super sweet people..

anyway.. happing baking.. ..
Old 12-24-2006, 05:49 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

I smell baby lotion.... hmmm

When my first baby was born I took him to the doctor. I said "He stinks.. what's wrong with him? I bathe him and he still doesn't smell sweet like a baby."
The doctor said "Babies DO stink... think about what comes out of both ends! Buy some lotion..... that's what makes babies smell sweet.".
Boy did I feel dumb:blush:

Will you get to name the baby? I really do hope things will turn out good for you and it all goes smoothly with the birth and adoption.

What is cranberry pie and how do I make it? I have several bags of fresh berries frozen and would love to make something yummy with them besides the standard cranberry sauce.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #74
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #75

Merry Christmas darlin..
Old 12-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

GOOD MORNING!!!

Thank you all for your kind Merry Christmas wishes. Whew! I made it through the marathon of celebrating! I won't bore you with all the details, but I got to see everyone of my family members in the last couple of days. I ate pretty close to plan. (I'm holding a ton of water from all the ham ) I only cheated once in the last couple of days. My stepfather made his special potato salad (which he had never made before for us) for Christmas dinner. He's easily offended and, yes I know and have heard everything about food isn't the holiday and nobody can't make you eat, blah, blah, blah, but it was important to him and therefore, important to me, so I had a few bites. It was fabulous and I was glad I tried it. I also had a few bites of mincemeat pie, which I made. It is kick butt good and I'm glad I tried it. I also made a vow to myself that as soon as I walked out of their house, I was back on plan and I was. I made it through all of the other events without eating one cookie or piece of candy or sweet potatoes and I'm really proud of myself. I need to drink tons of water in the next few days. Weigh in is coming on 1/1. I'm not expecting much. Maybe a pound or two.

My daughter is having a party Friday night. She's such a neat kid. It'll be a lot of fun. Ten or twelve girls, dressed up in 50's outfits, if they want. Old movie. 50's type appetizers. Red nail polish and lipstick.

New Year's Resolutions:

To get my body in shape...How: start exercising regularly on 1/1

To get my house in order...How: Set aside time every week to work on "cleaning" projects. Declutter like crazy. Wash up baby clothes.

I've been having dreams of the baby like crazy. I try not to think about him/her too much during the day, but apparently my brain goes into overtime at night.

Quote:
my Alina had foster parents that live in Ohio now
Monet, I haven't read all your journal....Who is Alina? What part of Ohio?

Quote:
Buy some lotion..... that's what makes babies smell sweet.
HoneyVanilla, too funny.

Well, off to drink some water.

Last edited by GardenGirl639; 12-28-2006 at 09:15 AM..
Old 12-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #77

hey sweets.. I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas .. thats awesome.. and your so right about the potato salad.. good choice you made....

Alina is my step daughter..I married her daddy when she was 6... I am not sure what part of Ohio..I will tell you their last name.. kauffman... .. maybe you know some of them hehe..

have a great day!!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:30 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Oh I understand the need to get back in the exercise routine. I hate the idea of the first week of workouts and how I'll feel TRYING to get out of bed in the morning!

We should have an exercise challenge to keep us honest! I'm trying some flavor pakets, like cyrstal light Iced tea. I hope that helps me drink more water. I wasn't sure if I should use them or not, but I figured it might help me since I really don't like water that much.

Do you use any of those things?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:48 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

HoneyVanilla, I've had Crystal Lite. It's okay, but I like water better. I've never been a sweet beverage drinker though. I like coffee with cream--no sugar. Ice tea--no sweetener. Regular water. So, I'm really no help. I have heard of other people drinking the packets and being just fine. The best way to find out is to drink it for a few days and see what happens. If you are getting in all you "water" and not gaining, then I say "Go for it"

HTH
Old 12-30-2006, 09:02 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

I'm coming in here to confess. I did what I can only define as a binge last night. Amy had her 50's party last night. We served fudge, chips and dip, chex mix, pineapple/cream cheese stuffed celery, rice crispy treats, and punch. Let me first say that I don't like fugde, chex mix, or chips. Last night should not have even been a temptation. Really, I wouldn't walk across the street for chips, chex mix, and fudge. My mother-in-law also made some for Christmas and it's been in the house all week. I'm not even tempted. I don't like it. So, what do I do last night? Eat TONS of chips, fudge, and chex mix. A piece of celery or two, but primarily fudge. What the heck is wrong with me? Why would I want to sabotage myself like that and ESPECIALLY with food I DON'T EVEN LIKE I feel terrible this morning. I have such a carb hangover. My face feels all puffy. I had such a stomach ache last night and went to bed early.

Soo, I'm back on plan today. Drinking TONS of water. Don't want to do this again--recover from a binge. I want this to be the last time this happens. This is so totally different from Christmas when I had a few controlled bites off plan. I know me. I'm such an all or nothing person. I think the grapefruit and sugar free candy earlier in the month and the few bites at Christmas added up to this. So I'm in here confessing so that I can change this pattern and get on with my life.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, I'm doing better. Have eaten on plan all day. Went for a brisk walk in the cold. Read my Bible. Started reading a motivational book by Robin McGraw. Back on track!
Old 12-30-2006, 05:03 PM   #82

I need that book.. Love Robin..

glad your doing better ..
Old 01-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed today because it is the first and it was less than stellar. 197 lbs. which means a grand total of one pound lost for the month of December. I know, I know, I should be really happy with that. At least I didn't gain and it is one more pound towards my goal, but it seems like all of the sacrifice at all the events I went to should mean more.

I feel like I might be repeating the same pattern that I've been following for the last couple of years...lose, stuggle, give up. I'm not going to give up this time, though. I've got a solid two months under my belt. I can not give in because I ate some stupid, stupid fudge a few days ago. Fudge can not beat me. I'm sure that in a week or two I will look back and see how silly I am being. The weight must come off, right??! (Plus I think I may have a bit of PMS going on.)

Started my new year off with some exercise...Walk Away the Pounds Express 2 miles....got it from the library. My plan is to hop right out of bed every morning M-F and do a WATP video until I've built up some level of fitness. My husband is running a 10K in May.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #84

Hello my friend.. and Happy New year!!... your 1 pound is better then my no pounds..well.. maybe gaining pounds.. I'll find out in the am..I did sneak and peek.. and it doesn't look to pretty .. but its all my fault.. its done.. and over.. tomorrow is THE day..I will loose what ever pounds made their way back.. I will kick them to the curb and not let them ever return.. sound like a plan? hehe.. No more cheats.. till maybe my Birthday.. we shall see.. and If I do decide to cheat.. it will be a good dinner of some sort..NO SWEETS!!!!.. those are what kills me.. and I don't wanna die.. I have too much to live for..

lets do this girly.. ya know we can .. just think of that wittle sweet bebe that will be arriving soon..
Old 01-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

196 lbs. Weight is going back down.

Another migraine. Ugggghhhh!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

195 lbs.

Found the answer to my recent "indiscretion" with the fudge and my migraine yesterday. TOM

Hired a lawyer today to handle all the adoption stuff. Called our agency. They didn't call us back so I know nothing new.

Exercised three days in a row. Yeah, me. LOL
Old 01-04-2007, 04:58 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

TOM and PMS should be illegal. Don't sweat it. This too shall pass and you'll be stronger and back on track. Us girls can only take SO MUCH at one time ya know
Old 01-04-2007, 06:30 AM   #88

on loosin and getting that exercise in lady.. .. keep it up.. sorry ol' Tom came for a visit..

hang in there..
Old 01-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

WHOOSH! 192 this morning. Even got off the scale and back on to confirm.

Thanks for the encouragement, Monet and Honey. Because of the PCOS, I never really know when TOM is going to show up, so I'm never prepared for the PMS. My husband and I had and argument on Monday and let me tell you, I was a total nut case. I could not stop crying and I was very irrational. I was actually relieved when I started, because it explained a lot! And I'm not one who likes to "blame" PMS or TOM for anything.

My jeans are really looking baggy. I'm going to need to do something soon.

Yesterday, got my hair cut and dyed, got all three kids a hair cut, took oldest to the doctor for a strep test-- not strep.

Going grocery shopping this afternoon and have an adoption support group meeting tonight.

Have a great day!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #90

Wo0o0ho0o0o.. you go girl!!!...

just awesome lady!!

Tom showed up over here in the middle of the night last night.. I was also waking up every 2 hours.. drove me crazy.. having to pee real bad.. so now I am so tired.. but I dont wanna go to bed just yet.. or I'll wake up to early.. KWIM?

we need a picture of the new do.. ..

hope your meeting goes well.. and have a great weekend ..