Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 05:49 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Good morning.. .. now I am waiting for the weigh in.. hehhe..

thanks for letting me know what that meant.. I am sorry you have this.. .. but at least you do know and can deal with it .. ..

and how awesome you got to adopted a lil one.. I would love to adopt a little girl.. but we cant afford it .... .. so I will just have to wait for a grand baby..lol.. many years down the road I am hoping..lol.. I want my oldest to get through college and get established before he thinks about having babies.. .. now.. if only MY plan works out right..lol.. he does agree with me though.. but he hasn't had a serious relationship yet either.. after all he is only gonna be 16 on Sunday.. .. so yes.. many years down the road.. hehe

OK.. now I will be here waiting to hear the big results.. hurry hurry..
have an awesome day!!
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2006, 08:28 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Drumroll, please!

Well, today is weigh-in day and I couldn't be happier!!

I was hoping for about 15 pounds and I lost 17!! That's over 4 lbs. per week!! Can you tell I'm excited! I'm super happy, too, because tomorrow is my birthday and I'll be celebrating it in wonderland.

I really believe that not weighing is the key for me. I'm not subject to the self sabotage that comes from the daily up and down of the scale.

I'm having a happy day!
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Monet, I also have a sixteen year old (daughter). Then I have our six yo adopted daughter and a six year old son.

As far as adoption costs, we adopted our daughter when she was five from the foster care system. We had to pay for a home study, but the state reimbursed the total amount for that after the adoption, so essentially, it was free.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Doing some thinking and maybe this may be what my future weight loss looks like. I lowered the amounts each month since weightloss tends to slow down.

Jan. 1.....3 lbs/wk...12 lbs. total....186
Feb. 1.....2.5/wk.....10.................176
March 1...2/wk.......8..................168
April 1....1.5/wk......6..................162
May 1.....1/wk.......4..................158

What do you think? Doable?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #35
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
17 pounds??!!! How freaking amazing is that??
I'm so happy for you, you are working so hard at it, and its paying off!!
You = Rock Star!!
WOOT!!

ETA~ OOPS, I forgot to add, that your calculations are TOTALLY doable!!!

Last edited by cdn_gal; 12-01-2006 at 09:49 AM..
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #36

AWESOME girly!!!.. WO0O0OH0O0O0..

and yes.. very doable as Lei said.. .. I am glad to see you went down in the losses as you lost.. a lot of people think they should continue to loose the 4 a week.. but as sad as it is.. the closer you get to goal.. the slower it comes off.. .. so yes.. very doable.. ..

and wow on the adoption.. that's so cool.. maybe I need to check this out .. does she have any contact with her birth parents or none at all? you don't have to tell me all this.. I am just curious.. I have often thought about being a foster mother.. but I would be so sad to loose the kids.... I used to be a day care director a few years ago.. then the lady who owned it had her own little girl.. decided to close it down and watch a few in her home.. so we split the kids up.. well then my "babies" all grew up.. it was so hard on me.. I seen one of the boys I had a few weeks ago.. he was 6 weeks old when we got him at the day care.. I watched him till he was 6... then his parents thought his oldest sister was old enough to stay home with him and their other sister.. so I had him for 6 years.. 12 hours a day.. 5 days a week.. .. when I saw him.. I cried like a baby.. his dad rolled his eyes and laughed at me..lol.. but I cant help it.. I have a few VCR tapes.. I took of the kids when we had the Christmas shows for the parents.. the last one, I decided to have a talent show.. I taught them all lil dances.. when I watch that.. I cryyyy.. .. so you see.. I would get so attached..
if you could tell me more about all it.. that would be great.. no names or anything of course.. but just how you went about it.. how long it took.. and such.. ..

thanks..

oh and again.. YOU ROCK!!..
Old 12-02-2006, 06:07 AM   #37

Just a quick Good morning .. hugs
Old 12-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, All!

I've been away from the computer for a few days. My birthday was Saturday, but my husband surprised me by taking Friday off to celebrate! We went out to lunch at a wonderful Japanese restaurant. It is sooooooo good! I had grilled steak and shrimp. Very on plan. We went out to dinner at Outback and I had steak and broccoli, also very on plan. We spent the afternoon and evening Christmas shopping and talking. We also caught a movie and had coffee at Starbucks. I think he managed to squeeze all of my favorite things into one day. What a guy!

Saturday I spent with my kiddos. Yesterday we went to church, a Christmas concert, and then to look at lights.

I've stayed on plan through all of the celebrating and I feel pretty darn good this morning! I also started TOM in the midst of all this and didn't binge eat or anything. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten all my water or exercise in, but I think that the food needs to be the top priority if anything is going to fall by the wayside.

Still not weighing until Jan. 1 and really glad this weekend because I'm sure I gained a few with TOM.

I'm going to finish up my Christmas shopping online today and then I'll be done with the gift buying except for one gift I need to buy at a specialty toy store. My stepdad collects this little wind up metal toys. I also have one scrapbook to complete, but I have all the materials for that. I'm hoping that I can start that today. I also plan to clean the house, finish decorating, and maybe start wrapping presents. I'm in a really motivated mood today!

How's everyone today?

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison
"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process"-Thomas Edison
"It's never too late to be who you might have been"-George Eliot
Dream it, talk it, live it. -Rose Fitzgerald
Old 12-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #39

Well Happy belated Birthday!! ..

my KOrbeys was Sunday..

you did so well.. I am proud of ya..

sorry TOM had to show up during all this wonderful weekend.

but your in great spirits and that's all that matters !!

I love scrap booking!!

me and my friend do it together.. you can drive on over and crop wiff us.. I mean.. geesh.. your just in the next state over..

I bet your wonderful at it.. me.. not so much..lol.. I don't do it enough to be good at it.. .. she and I used to get together at least once a month.. but then she started this new job and all.. now she isnt working.. so maybe we can start it back up.. .. funny thing is.. when I go shopping.. I am always picking things up for "when" I scrap again.. .. they have such cute stuff..

OK I better get and go check on others.. good to hear from you and I am so glad you had a great Birthday!!.. you deserve it !!..
Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Monet,
I love scrapbooking. I've been doing it for about eight years. I used to be a Creative Memories consultant, but gave that up when my son was born six years ago. Don't get to scrapbook nearly enough now. It's hard with three kids. I also homeschool all three of them, so that leaves very little time for things like hobbies.

Joined round 8 of Strive for Five. I changed my goals.

1. 8 glasses of water per day
2. Take my vitamins.
3. Do back exercises.

Reward:
new earrings....I'll get those darn things yet.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #41

Those kids need an art class don't they... hehhee...

that would be like the best job ever !!!...well.. besides being a mom.. I was lucky enough to stay home with mine.. or I got to take them with me at the day care I worked at.. that was a fun job ..

I'm not smart enough to do the home school thing.. so I to you.. ..

here is something for you to look at.. and show the kiddos if you like..
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...ode=0212320003

oh I also posted the apple/cinnamon recipe for ornaments.. not the ones in the picture..lol.. but the ones I wanna make this weekend.. .. the kids would love it ..
have a great day tomorrow..
Old 12-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #42

Hey lady.. where are ya? your missed !!.. hugs
Old 12-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't been on the computer lately because life has been very hectic. I know, it is for everyone! Staying on plan. Jeans are feeling looser and looser. I want to go buy some new jeans right before Christmas to wear to when my in-laws visit on Christmas Eve.

On Tuesday, we had some disappointing news. There was a little 9 yo girl that we wanted to adopt, but the county said no because she needed to be the youngest child in the house.

On Wednesday, we got a call from our adoption agency that there is a birth family that wants to meet with my dh and I! The baby is due April 21. Sooooooo, I may be "paper pregnant". We will just have to wait and see, but, as you can imagine, we are very excited. (And not spending any more money!)

Thursday, our adoption support group had a Christmas Party. That was fun. And I stayed on plan

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #44

OOOo00o0o0o how exciting...please keep me informed..

I hope its a girl.. .. I want everyone to have girls.. .. Name it Monet' I tell that to every one too.. yes.. Im a dork..lol..

dont forget to take time out for you ok..
Old 12-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Still staying on plan. My journals are soooooo boring. Don't have much to report since I'm trying not to weigh until Jan. 1. Clothes are getting looser and looser. I wore a dress to church today that I haven't worn in a couple of years. I got lots of compliments.:blush:

Went to the grocery store this afternoon and bought a Good Seasonings Italian Dressing packet. Anyone had a Pampered Chef party? You mix the GS with cream cheese, spread it on little pieces of bread, and then put thinly sliced cucumber on it. It's really good. Sooooo, I made the cream cheese, Italian seasonings stuff and spread it on cucumber and ate it for dinner. Oh my gosh, was it good! Also, I made french toast for the rest of the family for supper, so I whipped up some eggs, 1/2 1/2, and cinnamon together and "fried" it up like scrambled eggs, then poured sugar free maple syrup on it. That was quite tasty and I felt like I was having french toast like everyone else. Also had a nice big mug of Starbucks Winter Blend coffee with 1/2 1/2. Hmmm, my tummy is nice and full.

Can't stop thinking about the possiblitly of a new baby. Remember how good they smell? I went to Target the other night and looked at baby clothes. It's fun to dream, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I can't imagine the agony that the birth mother must be going through.

Monet, a girl would be nice, but my six year olds have been praying for a baby brother for over a year, so......we'll just have to see. I'm not sure we'll know until it's born.

Last edited by GardenGirl639; 12-10-2006 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 12-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #46

Your journals are far from boring for me hehe.. I am just so excited with this new baby stuff .. and yess.s. the smell.. so sweet.. the tiny fingers and toes hehe.. I remember my youngest.. he would kinda snort..lol.. it was so cute.. now he is almost 9..<sighhh> don't get me wrong.. he is at an age where every thing is exciting..lol.. he is so smart and loving.. we did a poison frog report tonight.. hehe.. went along with the Frog we made last week.. I wanted to make him an iron on shirt of the cover of his report.. but he said no thanks..lol. dern it anyway.. ..I thought it would be cool..lol.. and the teacher would like it.. but nooooo..lol

I hope the kids get that lil brother they want hehe.. boys are so much fun..but when you have 2 already.. a girl is the dream.. but I am sure I will have to wait for a grand baby girl.. like I said.. many moons from now.

OK I better hush for now.. please keep posting.. I love the excitement in your words.. and I wish you only the very best.. I know you don't want to get your hopes up.. and yes.. I can only imagine how the mother feels ..so I say.. Give it all to God and he will do whats best for you all.. ..

sweet dreams..
Old 12-12-2006, 05:59 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Honey Vanilla
Stats: Too big for my britches!
Just stopping by to cheer you on. Hope you are having a great day!
Honey Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Honey, how are you ? Thanks for stopping by
Old 12-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, I'm not sure what's going on, so I'm going to post for honesty and all that, blah, blah, blah.

Last night I went to Target and bought a bag of SugarFree Dove Dark Chocolate. I heard about it in the Main Lobby. I haven't had any sugarfree candy or low carb baked goods or anything since I started because I know that I eat too much of it, but since it's Christmas time and all that, I bought this bag. I ate 1. OMGosh, they are fabulous. Earlier in the day, I went to Panera Bread and got some French Onion soup. Didn't eat the croutons in it. Didn't eat much all day because I was very busy. Went to a friend's house last night and she had just received her order of Ruby Red Grapefruits and sent me home with some for the family. Got up this morning and ate one for breakfast. Now I know it's not "low carb", but I think you can eat grapefruit on stillman's or one of those types of diets,so I thought "what the heck" and it is citrus fruit after all--really healthy. Well I have had monsterous cravings today and have eaten too much (all on plan food, except for the grapefruit.) I'm trying to figure out if it is a) emotional...I think I'm hungry because I ate some food "I" didn't think I should eat, b)French Onion Soup-which I've had before and not had problems, but not from Panera, c) the sugar free chocolate, d) grapefruit, or e) none of the above, I would have had the munchies today regardless. I'm drinking tons of water and trying to "stay good". Did not eat any more chocolate today and do not plan to until Christmas Eve and Christmas.

I also have started weighing again. I think this has added to my . I don't feel like I'm losing fast enough. I know I need to stay away from the scale. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself. I think I probably bought the candy because I've weighed myself and seen that I've lost, but not much. I know it's weird.

So.....tomorrow-NO WEIGHING!!! No chocolate, no grapefruit. Lots and lots of water.

Looked up grapefruit in ******. 18.45 carbs. 2.71 fiber. Not too terrible.

Panera Bread. Soup without croutons 12 carbs 2 fiber Again, not terrible.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there Girl It's a tough time of year. Those "not terrible" things come along once in awhile. I think of it as "cycling". I understand that our bodies get used to the same-ole-same-ole, so you might find a temporary gain of water weight. I know eating a grapefruit is NOT going to make us gain FAT.

Last edited by Honey Vanilla; 12-13-2006 at 08:59 AM..
Old 12-13-2006, 09:08 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Honey. I'm feeling much more on track today. Went back to eating my "normal" breakfast and feel very satisfied and am not having cravings. It really has helped me to have this journal and as much as I don't like to write down what's not quite right, I think we can learn a lot from our mistakes. I think part of the problem yesterday was that on Monday, I had barely eaten anything. Not too smart. I was just very busy and didn't take time to really eat any good meals. I think my body was trying to make up for the lost nutrition.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

I'm rather chatty today.

New avatar. Taken the the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Wish I could figure out how to do an animation and have the before and after flick back and forth. Oh well, not important. :P
Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Great new picture! You look great
Old 12-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks! Can't wait to see what I look like at New Year's My face always loses weight first. If I could just get this tummy to go down. I've got a back injury that I'm trying to "heal" with back exercises. Can't do too many tummy exercises yet, but hopefully by January. (fingers crossed.) I need to keep the long term picture in mind. (I'm not losing this weight for this, but it helps...) We are going on a big family vacation with my husband's family in the middle of June. I really want to be in good shape by then. If I really start working out in January, that will give me six months of exercise.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Busy, busy, busy. Isn't everyone? I have so many things scheduled in the next couple of days and no time. I can't really give any of the things up. My house is a total wreck and instead of cleaning it, I'm on here.

Still doing well on plan. Right back to eating the way I need to. I just keep thinking, faster, faster. Weight come off faster. I know that people say that we didn't put it on overnight, but I gotta tell you, I packed on some pounds pretty fast. Two and three at a time. Five in a week. Just totally out of control eating.

I'm just going to stay the course. It'll come off eventually, right? RIGHT???
Old 12-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RNW66
Stats: 242.2/234.0/145
WOE: Atkins/Induction
Start Date: DEC 7 2006
I seen you in honeys journal and decided to come support you! That is awsome and you are going all the way this time and I am to I cant wait to get to onederland that is so awsome you have girl!
RNW66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:06 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

I agree..... don't throw away onederland Girl! We are here to pull you back from twotervill, so hang on to your hat. We're on a roll (low carb for sure)! LOL
Old 12-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #58

Hey there pretty lady.. just wanted to stop and say hello.. and yesssss... I am busy as well.. geesh.. glad to be back in here checkin on everyone..
Old 12-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, RNW, Honey, and Monet! (They need a wavey smiley.) I gotta tell you, you guys are keeping me on plan I just cannot bear to come in here and say I cheated:blush:

I have to tell you the truth....I'm struggling. I started weighing everyday and it is not good for me. I'm popping between 194 and 197. It's halfway through the month and, depending on the day, I've only lost 1 to 3 pounds....doing the exact same thing I did last month! I'm even drinking more water this month!!!! Someone told me that in December, don't try to lose, just try to maintain, which I'm doing, but.... 17 pounds last month had me so hopeful. I wanted to be at least 189 by the time I saw my in-laws on Christmas Eve, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen

Okay, enough pitty party for me. I'm going to list my successes for this month:

1) I went to two different restaurants for my birthday and successfully ate plan.

2) I've gone to 8 holiday events so far this month with holiday food and made it through on plan.

3) I've made it to the middle of December on plan (I don't really consider the grapefruit a "cheat").

4) I'm drinking tons of water.

5) I've had some "stress" with different adoption issues this month and still stayed on plan.

6) So far, no migraine this month.

Okay, I'm feeling more positive. I really need to stop weighing and torturing myself. As long as I stay the course, it will come off and if, on Jan. 1, I've only lost 1 lb. in December, well that's one more pound that I lost and didn't gain!!! AND, I'll start 2007 in onderland!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:40 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

It's great to consider the bright side of things and focus on your successes, instead of counting up all the mistakes.

Your willpower seems to be improving and it's going to show up on in a good way the scale..just keep trying... you can do it!