Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Rode my bike.
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #542
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
WTG on getting the formal exercise going Elizabeth!!!! You'll get this all started back up!!!

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #543

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
how are yaaa?? good I am hoping..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 AM   #544

Elizabeth.. where are you?.. .. come in and see us..
Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Hi, everyone!

Thanks for the kind words. I am still exercising. No scale change. Oh well. I feel good and that's what's important.

I haven't been around because, believe it or not, Ike made it all the way to Northeast Ohio and hit late Sunday evening (9/14). My family was without cable, phone, and internet for four days. Some of my friends are still without electricity (9/20) . Most of my exercising has been in the form of yard work. LOL We had tons of branches and lots of yard "damage" to clean up.

Hope you are all faring well.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison
"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process"-Thomas Edison
"It's never too late to be who you might have been"-George Eliot
Dream it, talk it, live it. -Rose Fitzgerald
Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 AM   #546

Sorry to hear about Ike's visit!!!!! I hope he didn't damage your garden too much!!!!! That is just the pits when it happens!! I am glad to see you here!!! Pauline
Old 09-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Hah! I think I was posting in your journal at the same time

Fair amount of damage to the garden but nothing that can't be fixed. I'm sure that by next year no one will even be able to tell. I'm doing much of my late Fall pruning now. I bought daffodil and hyacinth bulbs yesterday. I'm already thinking Spring. LOL

I'm waiting for a tree guy to come. We need to either prune or take down the big Maple in my back yard. It will totally change the feel and plant placement in my garden. I have all these shade lovers that will suddenly be in full sun. My little plants won't be happy. LOL I hate having to take down an 80 year old tree.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #548

ohhhh sorry about the tree!!!!!!!! I know just how you feel!!! Dh has been threatening to take down some trees I need - also about 80 ft high (oaks) ... Maybe you can plant an ornamental tree that won't grow as high?

I have been shopping online myself for daylily plants to put in this fall!!! I decided to put in some red ones ear a stone foundation to the house - about 95 square feet - I have been putting off filling in that bed and no miraculous visionary ideas have surfaced while I've put it off for 10 years, so I've decided to just go ahead and do it - heck, it'll be about $100 in plants and will cover a big area, so what the heck! I am also looking at the giant globe alliums ... do you think purple with the red would be too crazy? lol!!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #549

.. just wanted to check in.. so sorry to hear about your garden damage .. but I have no doubt you'll make it all pretty again,,

as I said over at my place.. my MIL got it in KY... the Ike left overs... .. but it could have been worse.. right..

Tada.. your red and purple would be pretty I think.. it reminds me of the red hat Society,,, heheh...love those ladies.. they are so cute..

you ladies have a great day!!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

I am so sorry....I'm such a loser when it comes to the internet, blogs, and journals. LOL I think that I'm going to be really diligent and then *poof*

Things that are going on:

I celebrated my 21st wedding anniversary. Go us

I'm still eating LC....Still at around 186. It's gotta change, right?????????

Had to take all three trees in our yard down due to storm damage/disease.

We got a new puppy and he's consuming all my time. He is a two-month old mini-dachshund named Oliver. Our Lab died three years ago and I finally weakened. My kids are thrilled!!!

Pauline, if you haven't planted your lilies yet....my neighbor gave me a little tip that I will pass on to you.....plant daffodil bulbs underneath them. The daffodils come up and bloom and then the emerging foliage of the day lilies hide the dying foliage of the daffodils. I plan to try it.

You won't believe it, but I've also been looking at alliums!!! My other neighbor has some and they are beautiful. I admire them every year.

Oh, and not to try to sound like a magpie, but my house is also covered in shake siding!! Someone painted it, though It is now a lovely sage color with cranberry and cream trim.

Hi, Monet! How does you MIL like KY?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

T-Tapp-
Back Stretches
1/2 the Plies
Old 10-17-2008, 04:49 AM   #552

Elizabeth!!! OMG I've been thinking of you!!!! Lowes has all its perennials and shrubs at 75% off and Home Depot is at 50% off ... I have been driving around like a crazy woman to stores trying to get all the plants I've been wanting and I'm off again today to see what i can find I got lilies for $2 apiece and a few of these really nice (big!!! 6 gallon!!!!) shrubs for $10 each, Euonymous Manhattan - grows to 8' Tall and is a good hedge plant apparently (but the deer like them, so I need a couple of red barberry bushes to plant nearby, more lilies (I want some different kinds - looking for an early bloomer in red), and whatever else I can find.

I found a good price on Allium bulbs ... Home Depot has Allium Purple Sensation, $10 for 15 bulbs (24-36" high, Flowers are 4-5" across!). I planted 6 of the lilies yesterday and this morning while waiting for the school bus at 6 am, lol!!! I could still throw some daffodils down there .. hmmm I'll think on that one! The beds I'm doing have a 30" boxwood hedge in front of them, so I'm not sure the daffodils would work .. but great idea!!! I'll check it out!!!! Thanks!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline,

I went right out and bought some Alliums. Funny thing is, I thought you said "Lowe's" so that's where I went. Ours didn't have any lilies I think I'll have to run over to Home Depot tomorrow. I want to plant some white Asiatic Lilies that bloom in August. Have you ever seen this painting John Singer Sargent's Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose ? My friend says that it always reminds her of my garden. You can see why I MUST plant some of those now don't you?

I am wondering if you ever had a stall or a plateau that lasted months on end? I've tried everything I can think of....mixing up my diet, adding fat, adding carbs, limiting carbs, exercise, not exercising, recording everything in ******, etc. Nothing seems to matter. My body seems to really, really like this weight. It's nice that it's "effortless" now. I rarely have to worry about eating something that is not LC. The binge monster has been kept at bay for a very long time. I am happy to have lost so much and to have kept it off this long, but I'm ready for the next step. I've been at this a year and a half and I really thought that I'd be at goal by now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #554

Ohmigosh!! Yes you MUST plant some of those!!! We cannot have asiatic lilies anymore since that beetle invaded New England ... I lost a ton of them ... very sad!!!

Saw the coolest thing at a local nursery yesterday .. Yes, I am dashing around like mad seeing what is on clearance that I can use!!! lol!!! Miniature spruces, boxwood and other landscape plants done up like miniature landscapes in large pots ... I am really excited about this idea and want to see if I can find some cheap specimens I can trim down (may have to purchase the mini spruce though) so I can do some of these in the pots at my front door as the frost will be killing the annuals any day now and I'll be taking the geraniums inside to overwinter them. My plan had been to buy styrofoam balls and do mosaic gazing balls to put in the pots ... but some live material would be nice too ... if I can figure out how to keep them alive all winter ..

Plateaus ..... Elizabeth, I did not go through a long plateau like that and I think, truly, if you take a look at your calories you will see what is happening. Do you know your calorie level? I have gained weight on low carbs when I simply ate too many calories. At 183 and 5'3" (like me!), to maintain your weight, you'd be eating 2500 calories, so to be maintaining your weight, you are either eating in that range or your carbs are too high. And I'll tell you 2500 calories is not a huge number .. I am eating around 2200 on average to maintain at this weight (most days are 2000, but the up days bring the average higher).

If you ****** sometimes, is it an accurate picture of your calorie and carb level, or are there days you go higher? Your average intake could actually be much higher that you might think.

Are you measuring foods, or just eyeballing? You can be off by 100 calories a day or more in this way .. and at my weight, an extra 50 calories a day = maintaining at an extra 10 pounds. It is shocking the difference half an ounce of cheese can make in my weight!!!

In your position, where you are maintaining fabulously and are satisfied with your food, I would not go crazy!!! Having done this a long time, we both know that it is pretty stupid to try and go the deprivation route for long periods of time because even then, you might not lose any faster and you'll just be p'ed off at the whole thing. What I'd recommend .... at 145 goal weight = 2250 calories (not counting any exercising you do according to ******), so that is ONLY 250 calories less than the maintenance calories for your current weight ... I'd try and eat at that level with your current carb level (assuming it is under 50 net carbs?).

That would give you about a 25 pound weight loss by this time next year (not counting any exercise you do), without torturing yourself. You'd be under 160 ... which for me, was a really great weight to get to - like a new world ...

Just some thoughts Girl!!!!! I think maintaining your 45+ pound weightloss is really amazing - especially effortlessly. I have never been able to maintain any weightloss without tons of thought and am just now trying to ease into that state of being. I am really glad you give yourself credit for that huge achievement.

off to dig up some of my rhodo babies and a pieris and re-plant them today ... I loooove free plants, lol!!! May have to "layer" some branches on some of my other bushes in the hopes of more free landscaping plants for next fall, lol!!

P
Old 10-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
Elizabeth, I did not go through a long plateau like that and I think, truly, if you take a look at your calories you will see what is happening. Do you know your calorie level? I have gained weight on low carbs when I simply ate too many calories. At 183 and 5'3" (like me!), to maintain your weight, you'd be eating 2500 calories, so to be maintaining your weight, you are either eating in that range or your carbs are too high. And I'll tell you 2500 calories is not a huge number .. I am eating around 2200 on average to maintain at this weight (most days are 2000, but the up days bring the average higher).
Pauline,

Thanks for the advice. I have to say it was hard to hear. LOL. At first, I thought, "No way. I don't eat a lot of calories. It can't be calories." I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt, though, and went to my ******. The last time I was losing was in late January/early February. I made a chart of weight, calories, carbs, fats, and proteins. I looked only at calories and noticed that I "seemed" to lose on the days I was under 1800 calories. I printed out the menus for those days. I am going to try to stick to less than 1800 calories for the next two weeks and see how it goes. If I don't lose, I will go back to my chart and look at specific carbs, etc. etc.

I'm trying to apply your very scientific example. LOL

I'm on day two and I have to say that I am starving. Hope that goes away.

I noticed that I went from 1/2 onion and two eggs in my omelet to a whole onion and three eggs in my omelet. I also went from 2 cups of coffee to 3-5 complete with half and half. I looked at the cream I was consuming before and I pour that into a measuring cup every morning. When it's gone, it's gone. I either drink darker coffee per cup or drink the two really creamy and the rest black.

Thanks for the compliments on my weight loss. I do "own" it and am proud of my accomplishment, I'm just ready to get the rest of the way, KWIM?
Old 10-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Elizabeth!
It's good to see you here!

Unfortunately, at some point in our weight loss journey, calories matter.
It's good you're evaluating your cals and cutting back.

Personally, I have to cut back on my carbs.
It's always something; isn't it?

I'm happy you're proud of your weight loss.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Job very well done![/COLOR]

KUTGW and Happy Friday!
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #557

Don't go hungry Chica! Go up to 2000 calories .. or even 2200. You'll see slower weightloss but at least you won't feel like you're on a diet!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #558

Old 11-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #559

where is my friend? Hope all is well sweetie..
Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Red"]181!! 181!!! 181!!!![/COLOR]

I lasted for about two weeks on less than 1800 calories. I diligently recorded everything into ******. I am back to eating "normally" (LC) although I am eating less than before the calorie cut. I think that cutting my calories helped reset my appetite.

Given this result, I think when I want to kick up my weight loss again, I'll just go back to around 1800 calories. This really wasn't an arbitrary number. I charted everything out. I think my calories probably need to be a little lower than most people's because of the hypo thyroid and PCOS. Bummer.

I bought size 16 jeans and a large shirt the other day

In other news, our new puppy might be very, very sick. We are doing more blood work tomorrow. I'm that it will be normal. They are looking for "portosystemic shunt."

Things are starting to slow down just in time for the holidays.

The president of our home school support group stepped down. I was the VP and they wanted me to become the president. I don't have time to be president because I am the president of an adoption support group in addition to home schooling my kids, etc.,etc.,etc. Soooooo, many meetings later and I am the secretary. I'm very happy with that.

Finally got all my rose bushes (about 30) pruned and my bulbs planted!! The next day, we got dumped on with snow. I didn't get to spread all the manure I bought on my plants Maybe if some of the snow melts, I'll be able to spread it. That'll be a sight. LOL

I planted two different types of daffodils, iris, hyacinths, and alliums. Can't wait for Spring!!

My oldest daughter got her ACT scores. We were all very pleased. She should be able to get a lot of scholarships now. She has started to visit some colleges although she isn't sure what she wants to do when she graduates.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling thin! I feel my body changing significantly. Hoping more weight will whoosh off. LOL

Enjoying my new clothes.

All of the buttons on my winter coat button.:blush: It makes me so happy. I may even need to buy a new one next winter.

Looking forward to all the turkey on Thanksgiving. We will be traveling around to different family members.

I was posting some over in the Main Lobby. I think I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I have shifted from being on a diet to living a lifestyle. It's really interesting. One of the light bulbs that went off for me many, many months ago was about vegetarians. (I was one for six years.) When you are a vegetarian, you never say, "Oh, it's the holidays. I think I'll just have this little bite of ham. I don't want to deprive myself." When I starting seeing LC as just as important to myself and my health as when I was a vegetarian, I started to make sure that I took food with me every where and that I had a game plan for my eating. It has helped me to be successful. I am not really tempted by many of the holiday dishes anymore much in the same way that I will not be tempted to pick up my SIL's cigarettes tomorrow. I have never smoked and am not tempted by them. I have eaten this way for over 17 months. This is just the way I eat now.

I hope that everyone has a very happy, blessed, and successful Thanksgiving!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Making it through all the holiday festivities.

Went to Virginia and back and successfully remained LC. I didn't pack an ice chest full of food this time. My MIL had half and half for my coffee. I brought protein powder, Lindt 85% chocolate (for an emergency), ground flax. Didn't end up needing the protein powder. I was able to adapt all of the meals so that I could eat them. One night we had spaghetti, garlic bread, broccoli, and salad. I just made myself a huge salad and ate the broccoli with a little meat sauce on the side. As they used to say in Ohio in the 70's/80's "easy peasy."

I don't post this stuff to brag, but to remind myself how far I've come. Binge eating controlled my life and I want to remain vigilant in keeping it at bay. Part of that is being diligent in my eating.

A friend asked me if I'd started my holiday baking yet. I said that I didn't really do a lot any more because what I baked was always dictated by what I wanted to eat and since I wasn't eating it any more, I didn't bake. The kids get lots of goodies from other places. I don't think they are deprived. LOL I also told her that if I was going to be putting time into a holiday tradition, it would be in the decorations. I have many boxes of decorations(too many. LOL) and my kids really enjoy helping with them every year. As I write this, I think about the many Christmases from childhood on that I spent with an upset stomach from gorging on all of the cookies, etc. Not pleasant! I am happy that my children don't have to experience that. I hope that we can continue on this path and that food will never be an issue for them in the same way it was an issue for me.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:16 AM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Making it through all the holiday festivities.

Went to Virginia and back and successfully remained LC. I didn't pack an ice chest full of food this time. My MIL had half and half for my coffee. I brought protein powder, Lindt 85% chocolate (for an emergency), ground flax. Didn't end up needing the protein powder. I was able to adapt all of the meals so that I could eat them. One night we had spaghetti, garlic bread, broccoli, and salad. I just made myself a huge salad and ate the broccoli with a little meat sauce on the side. As they used to say in Ohio in the 70's/80's "easy peasy."

I don't post this stuff to brag, but to remind myself how far I've come. Binge eating controlled my life and I want to remain vigilant in keeping it at bay. Part of that is being diligent in my eating.

A friend asked me if I'd started my holiday baking yet. I said that I didn't really do a lot any more because what I baked was always dictated by what I wanted to eat and since I wasn't eating it any more, I didn't bake. The kids get lots of goodies from other places. I don't think they are deprived. LOL I also told her that if I was going to be putting time into a holiday tradition, it would be in the decorations. I have many boxes of decorations(too many. LOL) and my kids really enjoy helping with them every year. As I write this, I think about the many Christmases from childhood on that I spent with an upset stomach from gorging on all of the cookies, etc. Not pleasant! I am happy that my children don't have to experience that. I hope that we can continue on this path and that food will never be an issue for them in the same way it was an issue for me.
you've done a great job hun.. and setting this example for your kids is wonderful!!.. you SHOULD be proud of yourself and how far you have came.. I, for one, wouldn't ever think you were bragging hun.. that's not you.. and we need to put this stuff down on "paper" so we can look back on it with a big smile on our faces.. well, your face..I haven't been doing any good lately... but come new year.. I'm on it..I will continue to learn from you and the other gals I read daily.. in hopes it will all sink into this thick head of mine.. so please.. continue to post all your accomplishments !! I need them..

have a great day!!..love yaaa
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
you've done a great job hun.. and setting this example for your kids is wonderful!!.. you SHOULD be proud of yourself and how far you have came.. I, for one, wouldn't ever think you were bragging hun.. that's not you.. and we need to put this stuff down on "paper" so we can look back on it with a big smile on our faces.. well, your face..I haven't been doing any good lately... but come new year.. I'm on it..I will continue to learn from you and the other gals I read daily.. in hopes it will all sink into this thick head of mine.. so please.. continue to post all your accomplishments !! I need them..

have a great day!!..love yaaa
Thanks, Monet. I just never know how I come across in my writing. You know how the internet can be sometimes. LOL

I know that you are going to be able to do this, Monet. The important thing is persistence and you definitely have that. That's why I love the quotes in my signature:

"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000-step process."-Thomas Edison

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison

Old 12-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Okay.....drumroll please!

[COLOR="Red"]180[/COLOR] Major happy dance going on!

I know for a fact that I have not been this weight in well over 18 years! When I delivered my first daughter, I weighed 187 when I got out of the hospital. l never got below about 185 (I think) again. I continued to gain and yo-yo from then on. I think I was about 229 for her first Christmas. 50 lbs. in four months.

I really hope I can lose another pound by Christmas. Christmas Day will be my 18 month Atkinsversary. Celebrating with a 50 lb. loss would be great!

and to all!

Last edited by GardenGirl639; 12-20-2008 at 01:05 PM..
Old 12-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #566
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Okay.....drumroll please!

[COLOR="Red"]180[/COLOR] Major happy dance going on!

Way to go Elizabeth!! So *proud* of you for sticking to it, and getting er' done!!
I second what Lisa said.. It's not taken as bragging by no means... I actually think you should be bragging, after all, you deserve it for all the hard work you have done for the past 18 months... In fact, I seriously think you should be shouting it from the roof tops!! But then again, thats just me...
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #567

yipyip.. I sure would be.. shouting it from a roof top .. good for you girly!!.. this is awesome.. you totally RAWK!!

heres to another pound by Christmas..to be in the 170's.. you go girl.. you can and I have no doubt WILL do it..
Old 12-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #568
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09

May your day be filled with family, love and happiness!!
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:27 AM   #569

hiya.. hope your Christmas was a great one .. I am sure it wassss..
Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #570

Happy New Year .. just wanted to bring you to page one in hopes you'll post

hugs to you