Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. I am not exaggerating. Just so no one worries~no one died and there's nothing wrong with my marriage or children.

I am posting this because it is about the only good thing that I can find about yesterday and I need to focus on something good right now.

"Normally," yesterday would have sent me into an eating frenzy that would not have stopped. I realized as I woke up this morning and the dread filled me again, that I had not even thought about food once yesterday. I think that some real healing has taken place in my head. I think new neuro pathways have been formed and I have different ways of handling stress now.

Yeah for the small victories, right?

Big sigh.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison
"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process"-Thomas Edison
"It's never too late to be who you might have been"-George Eliot
Dream it, talk it, live it. -Rose Fitzgerald

Last edited by GardenGirl639; 06-09-2008 at 09:38 AM..
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hello Elizabeth..

What ever happened honey, I am sorry.... I will be for you sweetie..

let me know if I can help is any way

P.S.. yes.. yeahhh for the small victories..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #483

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
It is more than a small victory!!!! I am sorry you had to had have a bad day to see it in action though ..

big big

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

I am on vacation.

I wrote a big long post about going out of town and the different anxieties I was having. When I popped in here, I see that I must not have posted it

Anyways, I've been gone since Wed, June 11. We spent four days in Columbus at a Knitting Convention for my oldest daughter. She had a wonderful time and learned many new techniques.

I was most worried about eating in the hotel/convention center, but there was a restaurant in the food court called Chicken and Eggs. I had three eggs over hard with a side of bacon EVERY morning for breakfast. Lots of coffee from the different coffee bars around. Lunch and dinner was a cinche after such a hardy breakfast.

We are now at my in-laws. Lots of swimming. My mil has been fantastic! We've had grilled chicken and tonight she's grilling ribeyes!!

I'll be home tomorrow. I wonder what the scale will say? I'm holding water from TOM, different sleep schedule, and "different" food. You know how I am.....I love my routine and the "sameness" of my food! I miss my cast iron skillet.

I have not gone off plan once! No sugar, no flour, no rice, no potatos have crossed these lips. With just a teensy bit more effort, you can do a vacation totally low carb!

I'm in such a different place than I was last year. I was on vacation at this very time last year as well. The day we got home was June 25 and the day I started low carb (again!). I am mulling over a one year anniversary post. What an incredible journey this year has been. It has been harder and easier than I ever thought possible. It makes me sad that I quit so many times before, but apparently, I wasn't ready to learn or do what I needed to learn and do.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #485

Elizabeth!! I am so happy for you!!!! When you can lc on vacation ... well, you know you have arrived!!!!!!!

Happy Atkinsversary Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pauline
Old 06-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Today is a very difficult day.

My dad died six years ago today.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so happy to be home. Back to my routine. Back to my food. Back to my sleeping habits. Ahhhhh, sweet, sweet home.

I am happy to report that I did not gain one single pound on vacation. I didn't lose either. LOL I am so incredibly proud of myself. So many days away from home in different situations and I made this WOE work for me.

I ordered T-Tapp and it should be arriving some time this week. Now that everything has dropped off the calendar, I plan to really work on my body.

I went to a thrift store yesterday and tried on two skirts. One was a Liz Claiborne. Both were size 16. Both fit. So, I guess I really am a 16 now. One more size and I guess I would be average/normal?? What?

I think 183 may be another "set-point" for me. I've been here for awhile. I'm just going to remain consistent because I know my weight will eventually go down again.

Unfortunately my headaches have come back. I am really hoping that it is just lack of sleep/being off my schedule because they really are interfering with my life.

My garden is bursting. It was such a delight to come home to. The foxgloves are still blooming. The annuals are filling in. My Asiatic lilies are starting to bloom. My garden brings me such joy! I may try to get out there today and weed.

We are taking the kids to see Kung Fu Panda this afternoon. DH and I are going out for dinner later tonight.

Whew! I was long winded today. It's nice to be back.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

"That's the way it is with a discipline-any discipline. You do it because it is what you need to do and are supposed to do and because it contributes to and propels you toward what you want to be and do..."-Life Management for Busy Women by Elizabeth George
Old 06-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #489

Elizabeth!! I am so thrilled to hear how well you did on your vacation!!!! Fabulous!!!!! I think you are right to just steam ahead and not worry too much about the setpoint. They are very annoying, but in the end those little fat cells must simply give up their fatjuice!!!!!

I am so sorry about your Dad. I cannot imagine how tough it must be for you. but I am sure he is smiling down on you, your beautiful garden, family and the goals you are striving toward and is proud of what he left the world ... you!

Pauline
Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
I am so sorry about your Dad. I cannot imagine how tough it must be for you. but I am sure he is smiling down on you, your beautiful garden, family and the goals you are striving toward and is proud of what he left the world ... you!
Thank you, Pauline. That has to be one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

I posted this in the Main Lobby:

http://http://www.lowcarbfriends.com...year-pics.html

I actually did it! I made it a whole year! No bread, no pasta, no cake, no pie and I lived to tell about it! LOL I even still have my kidneys!

As you can see from my start date, I have been climbing on and off the low carb wagon for many years, but something finally stuck this time. I wish I could have "found" what I was looking for sooner, but by struggling for so long, I have learned a tremendous amount about myself, my body, and food. As my signature says "I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000-step process."-Thomas Edison. I truly believe this!

I started at 229 lbs. and am now 183. I am a slow loser! Much of it is due to PCOS and hypothyroidism. What I've realized is that time passes whether I choose to eat wisely or not. Next year will come. Do I want to weigh less and be healthier or do I want to go back to my old habits and weigh much, much more?

To celebrate my one year Atkinsversary, I ordered T-Tapp. I will start it on June 25 (my atkinsversary date) and hopefully next year at this time, I will be totally transformed!

Before, 229:

After and still going, 183:

Thank you so much, Low Carb Friends, for all your support!!
I just want to encourage everyone to stay the course. It can get so discouraging, but you really can do it if you just stick with it!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:20 AM   #492

I am so happy for you Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have the greatest attitude toward it too ... it is not how fast the weight flies off you, it is whether you manage to settle in for the long haul and make the change a forever one.

Congratulations Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pauline
Old 06-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Pauline! You've been a huge encouragement to me. I've "followed" your posts for years. I was so sad when you stopped posting for awhile. I would even occasionally search for your name to see if you were posting in other areas of LCF. I was so glad when you can back! Thanks for stopping in and talking to me
Old 06-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

Today is the day that I start T-Tapp! I thought it was a very good reward for sticking to my WOE for a year. I've followed many of the posts about T-Tapp for years and been very interested. What finally "sold" me was the fact that Teresa Tapp has scoliosis and that she describes the exercises as "rehabilitative." I have both scoliosis and kyphosis and wore one of those huge plastic back braces with the bars for many of my teen years. I have back pain just about every day of my life. I think that some of my migraine issues may also be from my back.

I have really wanted to exercise more. Even posted in here that I was going to start and then would be waylaid by back pain. I am hoping that this will be the answer.

Measurements:
Bust 43"
Waist 42"
Abdomen 46 3/4"
Hips 45 1/2"
R Upper Thigh 17 1/4"
R Lower Thigh 24 1/2"
R Calf 16 3/4"
R Upper Arm 13 1/4"
L Upper Thigh 24 1/4"
L Lower Thigh 17 1/4"
L Calf 16 3/4"
L Upper Arm 13 1/2"
Old 06-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Did the instructional DVD. I am shaking. Ohhhh, am I going to feel it tomorrow. Help me.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

I am sore, sore, sore. It's the good kind of sore but it still hurts.

I've learned something new about myself. On Tuesday, I bought some coconut cream. I had many teaspoons of the stuff because it is so delicious. I had to talk to myself and make myself stop eating it because 1) I was not hungry and 2) I felt just a twinge of binge like feelings. Yesterday (Wednesday) I ate a little, but no where near as much as Tuesday. Today, I couldn't care less about it. I'm not even tempted in the least. So I think I've learned that I can be in control. Some things are just self-limiting in themselves. I'm not going off in search of new foods to try and tempt the binge monster. I found this whole situation interesting. I was completely prepared to dump the whole jar down the drain if I had to.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:05 AM   #497

That is really great Elizabeth!!!! You are a stronger woman than I!!! (my motto being "Nothing is self-limiting but self-imposed limitation" ). I love reading about your victories!!!!

Congratulations on the soreness!! You know you actually did something ...
Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 AM   #498

hey pretty lady..

congrats on your one year Sorry I wasn't in here to celebrate the exact day .. been keeping really busy..

My mom told me about something and when I read that your back hurts about every day, I wanted to share it with you..

Now when I read up on it .. it said for arthritis pain.. but it may hep you as well.. couldn't hurt to try .. right ? ..

anywho.. let me look it up again and just post the link..

Certo Home Remedy - Fruit Pectin - Gelatin Powders - Certo & Arthritis
Concoctions with grape juice and pectin-containing gelatin powders, such as Certo, have become popular home remedies for those seeking arthritis pain relief. Available in any supermarket, these products are used for thickening jam. Some claim the Certo type remedies are helpful at reducing painful joints

About.com: http://www.healthcentral.com/peoplespharmacy/408/20270.html

hope this helps.. .. let me know.. love yaa

P.S. Good luck with Tapps.. .. NO Pain NO Gain.. !! keep on smilin
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Monet. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

Okay, the coconut cream? Self limiting? Don't know yet. Maybe I was premature in my analysis. I am being very careful with it, but dang is that stuff good.

Completed the whole Instructional #1 segment of T-Tapp yesterday. Not as sore today. Plan to do it again tonight. I am really enjoying it.

My BF and I are taking our oldest daughters to a B&B tomorrow for a girl's overnight. The three girls have been friends since they were 5,6,&7! They are now 16,17,&18. My BF's oldest daughter graduated in May and will be leaving for college in the fall. While I know that they will be friends for a very long time, I also realize how things change, so we planned this little get away for them. Lots of shopping, eating out, talking, and laughing is on the agenda!

I am a little concerned about my weekend because my friend and her girls barely eat and not very often. I am a grazer and eat constantly all day. I must eat every 2-3 hours or I am crabby and get headaches. I bought a little lunch bag cooler to take with cut up veggies and cheese. I hope I won't appear rude because I have not brought enough for everyone, but really need to take care of myself.

On the subject of taking care of myself.....I have been under tremendous emotional stress since around May 29. Vacation was not much of a reprieve emotionally. Physically, it was very hard on me because I was not sleeping well and, while I managed to stay LC, was totally off my eating schedule. I have been having cluster migraines. Ugh!

I talked to my kids' counselor and she suggested seeing my primary care physician. Not sure I'm ready to do that. I'm hoping to work through this myself. Unfortunately, I have a very stressful meeting on July 2. July 4 is a holiday and thus means social expectations. I'm ready for my summer to begin. LOL
Old 06-28-2008, 04:06 AM   #500

What a good mom you are to organize such a wonderful weekend for your kids!!!! It is surely something they will always remember! You're a cool mom - but I bet they tell you that, so you already know !!!! I can really relate to the food thing when being with people who seem to never be hungry or care about food. When I went to visit my sister, it was like that. She was on a very low calorie diet and I felt greedy always making something to eat every couple of hours .. but you know, it was more important for me to follow my schedule than to worry about appearances .. I bet you'll all be having so much fun, that no one will notice you dipping into your snacks!! and you'll be taking care of you, so you can take care of them!!

I am really sorry about the stressful situation {{{Elizabeth}}} You are doing really well under the circumstances. It's probably hard to think about right now, but this time will pass too. I'll be thinking of you, so know at least that some good thoughts are with you. Life has a funny way of turning out ok, and I know, down the road, you'll be able to look back on the time now from a happier more peaceful perspective .. in my experience, we all do get there eventually again.

big

Pauline
Old 06-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #501

Girls night out.. how fun.. and that is a great thing to do for the girls.. .. I wish you all loads of fun fun fun..

Good luck with that meeting on the 2nd.. my prayers are with you.. just don't forget to breathe my friend..
Old 07-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks.

We had a wonderful time. Very relaxing.

However.....

I spent yesterday binging/overeating to such an extent that I had a stomach ache and had to go to bed early This was a "scarcity" binge....which means, for me, that I barely ate all weekend and then compensated by eating everything I could get my hands on yesterday. Everything that I ate was completely legal. The amounts were over the top.

What I learned about myself:
I need real food. Planning ahead and taking cheese and veggies was a great idea (and helped), but I need good substantial meals! I need to be able to stand up for myself and demand meals. LOL I paid a high price yesterday by being so compliant all weekend I am so glad that I have a whole year under my belt because I know that I can bounce back from this a stronger and more informed person.

I am not worrying too much about amounts of food today. I am concentrating on quality. No low carb snacks.

Something else that was part of the equation: my husband accidentally poured an entire glass of ice tea on our keyboard yesterday before he went to work. I was not able to get on and post...one of my coping mechanisms. It was also really rainy and I couldn't get out in my garden. So I think that I need to find additional things that I can do when I feel like bingeing/overeating.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #503

hey sweetie..

at least it was all low carb.. better then carby foods .. right.. right .. live and learn is all we can do.. so don't beat yourself up about it ok.. you have came so very far and we are all proud of you.. .. slip up will happen.. we are human.. just move on and don't dwell..

also.. we love youuuuuuuuuuuu!!

glad you all had a good time
Old 07-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #504

Hey Elizabeth! Good job on analyzing exactly what went wrong!! i think I would have had the same exact problem in that situation. At least now you know how important it will be the next time ..

My keyboards seem to like cups of coffee ... Walmart has cheap ones for $10

big

Pauline
Old 07-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you guys for posting here! Your encouragement means so much. It feels so good to have people "get" me.

Okay, I feel back in the game. Two days of regular LC eating under my belt. I put the coconut cream up on a high, high shelf. LOL Out of sight, out of mind, hopefully. If not, I'll toss it.

Back is really hurting. Slowing down on the T-Tapp. I think I went all gung ho with it and should have taken it slower.

Made it through the 5 1/2 hour super stressful meeting. I'm still standing. LOL

I feel like my summer has finally begun! Yeah I plan on lots of gardening, walks with my kids, good books read outside in the garden, and rest, rest, rest.

Going to a cookout tomorrow night. This means that my family can have a nice leisurely day. I'm thinking about taking a big, big salad. They are serving hot dogs and hamburgers, so I should have enough to eat.:blush:
Old 07-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #506

What a relief that's over I am sure! WTG on your two good solid lc days!!!! See ... it was an anomaly .. you'll be fine!!!!

big

Pauline
Old 07-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

4th of July

I had two experiences today that I know everyone could relate to.

1) I have PCOS. I have a dear friend who also suffers from PCOS. She was talking about it today and I had such empathy for her. I told her that I understood and that LC had really, really helped my symptoms. I let her know that I have done a lot of research and really believe that LC is a very important component in dealing with PCOS. I suggested that she get the Atkins book from the library and read it. Just read it and see what you think. I could tell that everything I was saying was going in one ear and out the other. I don't even care what she thinks about LC. I'm just very sad that there is some relief and she won't even look into it. She's probably just not ready.

2) Everyone was sitting around the campfire tonight and started talking about weight. My dh said, "We all need to go on Atkins like Elizabeth (me)." One of my friends (different from the one above) said something like, "Yes, she's done great, but we don't all have the same health issues that she has. It wouldn't work that well for us." I couldn't even think of what to say.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:03 AM   #508

People will do and say anything to justify doing what suits them while still complaining about whatever ails them ... all we can do is live our own lives and if they are friends, lol! forgive them their silliness You are doing great! and I bet there are people you have helped here on the boards and maybe in RL too by sticking your neck out on occasion. Don't take it personally. When they are ready, some day they may ask you again
Old 07-05-2008, 07:31 AM   #509

hey sweets.. I agree with your friend here ..

don't let it upset you in any way.. smile and know that your doing what YOU need to do.. and you tried to help your friend.. if she isn't ready.. she isn't ready.. right.. its sad yes.. but maybe some day she will realize what your doing actually helps you and she may give it a go.. ..

Hugssss
Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! I didn't realize I had not posted in so long....

July 5th-Spent the day at my brother's eating beef brisket. Yum!
July 7&8-Prepared for my 8 yr. old's birthday party.
July 9-8 yr. old's birthday party.
July 10-Prepared for my annual garden party.
July 11-Hosted garden party.
July 12-Took 7 year old to a birthday party in the afternoon. Went to a cookout in the evening.

This week I've been busy getting my curriculum order together. It's always a huge task and a huge expense. LOL A task and expense I totally enjoy!

I have had a bunch of emotional garbage going on in different areas of my life. I don't like feeling these feelings. This week really made me realize how much I used to turn to food to cram down these feelings. I don't know if what I've been going through in the last month is really that much bigger an ordeal than past ordeals or if I am finally living in the present and feeling all of these emotions instead of trying to bury them with lots and lots of food. As painful as it all is, I think I must be getting healthier. I have to be, right?

My eating has been fine. I am still between 183-187 on any given day. I even did a really strict induction week and nothing. I will just stay the course.