Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/194/145 5'3 3/4"
Thanks, Pauline! My ultimate goal is to be able to run. There is a 10K in Cleveland in May. My husband ran it last year. He said there are lots of walkers I would really like to enter the race and run as much of it that I could. Dh is very encouraging! Running a race is something that everyone who knows me would never imagine me doing!

It's funny. There was a thread that's been floating around in the Main Lobby about what your reward will be when you reach goal. I haven't posted yet. Mine all seem to do with health. I want to run a race. I want to go to one of those rock climbing wall places and climb a rock wall. I want to have a complete physical and not be embarrassed or worried about the numbers.

I have had a very busy day. Thursdays are always busy. We go to the "big city" on Thursdays for my kids' therapy appointments. Usually a library trip and some shopping. Because of the big snow that we had Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I hadn't gone grocery shopping, so I crammed that in today as well. I'm beat.

Off to exercise.....

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison
"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process"-Thomas Edison
"It's never too late to be who you might have been"-George Eliot
Dream it, talk it, live it. -Rose Fitzgerald
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

I have one whole day of beautiful, blissful nothingness!

My husband left for choir practice and work.

I have some jazz playing in the background.

My house is clean except for some chores the children have to do.

The groceries are all purchased.

I have nothing to do!!!!!

So, I'm in the process of uploading some photos to scrapbook.
I might do some yoga or weight lifting this afternoon.
I could do some laundry if I want to.
I have a pile of books waiting to be devoured.

I've worked my butt off this week, so I don't feel guilty in the least!

As a side note, I was looking over last month and this is the time in my cycle where I might have one of those super-out-of-control-binge-eating-feeling days. I've noted it and we'll see if that day last month was just specific to that time or if it is something in my cycle that needs to be planned for.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #363
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Have a great day Elizabeth!!
I had to laugh about the comments with the ML... I always tell my girls in my challenge group, "Never go to the ML by yourselves"!!!
It's like the wolves eating their young over there!
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #364
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
OOOOOH!!! Have a great afternoon!!!!!!

I love all of your goal "reward" thoughts. They are awesome!!!!! I agree with your dh to go ahead and register for the 10k and walk / jog whatever of it you can!!!! Those people are among the most supportive you will ever meet of "everyone doing their own thing at their own pace." I m sure dh will verse you in race ettiquette ... slowest to the back, make sure to let racers be able to get past you if there are any tight areas, etc. It is a really great feeling to be a part of a race!!! Go for it!!!!!
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #365

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
.. your making me look bad.....

no seriously..that's just GREAT.. your doing awesome Elizabeth

and I too, love your goals.. and that SHOULD be your goals.. and after all that.. then you can.. buy cute clothes.. take a vacation on the beach.. or what ever they are sating in the ML..

enjoy your relaxing time.... you deserve it !!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Popping back in and then going to go read or something else equally as delicious in a non-food type of way.

The thing about the goals is that as I was reading through them, I really felt like a lot of them were things that we should already be doing for ourselves. I should already be caring enough for myself that I'm buying make-up and new clothes when I need them. There have been years that I have gone without as punishment to myself for being fat. How is that being kind to me? How is that being an encouragement to myself? I would never in a million years treat my husband or children that way. They need something new, they get it. (I'm not talking about money issues. Sometimes it is tight and that is a different story.) I don't tell my kids, "You can't read yet. No new clothes until you can read. I'm sorry your clothes are faded and too small, you can't read yet." Everyone would think I was crazy and really, really mean. Why do we treat ourselves the same way? Maybe, if I had allowed myself the new clothes, etc, I would have felt better about myself and gotten on the ball faster.

The goals I picked are things that I could not do at 229 pounds. (Or at least without a lot of serious pain for days and days after.) I just had a physical a year and half ago, so I'm not depriving myself of medical care, either.

I made it through today with no binge feelings.

I did some laundry, just because.

Went to Starbucks.

Picked up my photos and might scrapbook some tonight or tomorrow night.

Did some yoga.

All in all, a wonderful day!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 AM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
The thing about the goals is that as I was reading through them, I really felt like a lot of them were things that we should already be doing for ourselves. I should already be caring enough for myself that I'm buying make-up and new clothes when I need them. There have been years that I have gone without as punishment to myself for being fat. How is that being kind to me? How is that being an encouragement to myself? I would never in a million years treat my husband or children that way. They need something new, they get it. (I'm not talking about money issues. Sometimes it is tight and that is a different story.) I don't tell my kids, "You can't read yet. No new clothes until you can read. I'm sorry your clothes are faded and too small, you can't read yet." Everyone would think I was crazy and really, really mean. Why do we treat ourselves the same way? Maybe, if I had allowed myself the new clothes, etc, I would have felt better about myself and gotten on the ball faster.

That is so darn true -- I too have spent too much time depriving myself of things I would not dream of depriving other members of the family. Good food for thought!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

I'm feeling binge-y today. I know the cause....I am incredibly tired today. Remember that trip to Starbuck's last night? A little too late to be drinking coffee I'm afraid. Couldn't fall asleep and then had to get up early for church. Lots of activities this afternoon. Didn't have time for a decent lunch. Lots and lots of snacking today....all legal of course, but I feel like I haven't eaten what I need.

My kids have been busy being kids today which means that there are messes all over the house. I love that they can spread out to play or create art, but today, the chaos is feeling claustrophobic.

My husband had to work again tonight. (So maybe I'm feeling a bit lonely also.)

My back hurts from the yoga I did yesterday.

Positives for today:

I have not binged!!!!!
Bedtime is coming!!!
Tomorrow is a fresh new day!!!
I made it through January and February-my personal worst months of the year.

Things to do tonight:

Clean up a mess or two so that tomorrow starts well.
Read to my kids.
Put on my jammies and robe and read in my bedroom.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Busy day today.

Went for a one hour walk with my kids. It was up to 58 here today

Feeling okay.

No binges.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #370

Good morning sweetie.. for no binging.... your doing great..

live and learn about the coffee.. I was gonna have a cup last night.. but I have enough trouble getting and staying to sleep at night,,..

have a wonderful day hun..
Old 03-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #371

Congrats on holding strong Elizabeth!! Looks like we're on a similiar binge urge schedule, lol!!! The whole feeling had passed me by yesterday too - isn't it crazy the difference a day can make. Myself, I am finding it very comforting to know in my head that if I can get through a hungry day or two, that normality awaits me on the other side.

Pauline
Old 03-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, guys!

Wow! Weird things are happening to me!

I had a really stressful day yesterday and didn't even feel the need to turn to food to "help" the situation. In fact, food never even showed up on my radar except during normal meal times. (Our wonderful old house is having plumbing issues! Things like laundry and dishwashing are not taking place as fast as they need to.)

I am not craving sweets or chocolate at all in the past day or two!!!!!! I have not even been eating my one minute muffin. I am actually craving stir fried green beans! I am even waking up in the morning and making them for breakfast! This is my PMS/TOM week, so it's truly amazing. Here's watch I've changed, quite by accident. On a whim, I picked up this massive can of vitamins at my local health food store. I've never really got into the vitamin/supplement thing because I found it confusing. It's their store brand....kind of like a "Vitamins for Dummies" idea. It's called the Four Pillars of Health formula. One packet has multivitamins, antioxidants, calcium & magnesium, and omega-3s. The same day, I also bought coconut oil. I've been eating a teaspoon a day right off the spoon. I'm not sure which of these things I can give credit to or if I even can. Who knows, maybe it's because I've been on plan for over eight months.

I feel really good. I woke up this morning feeling "thin." Now, if my house's plumbing problems would just go away!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

More weirdness.....

Took all the kids to the "salon" to get their hair cut. It was time for my dye job and cut. I was starving when I got home. Do you know what I wanted? Roasted Broccoli w/ Parmesan!!!!! I suppose this doesn't sound weird, but this is coming from a person who lived on sugar and carbs all day long. If I did eat something nutritious, it was fruit...something sweet. On Atkins, my sweet tooth is controlled, but not gone. The last day and half it's been completely, completely gone. And that this is happening right before my period is just downright amazing!!!!

Whatever it is, I hope it stays.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #374

Hmm.. this is what I need..lol.. my sweet tooth.. pulled..

I bought some coconut oil from Nutrition..I haven't been taking them faithfully.. maybe I should..? I find taking those easier then the spoon fulls....

as far as Vitamins.. I have tried a multivitamins and every time I take them, I break out..I was told that there was something in them i don't need.... so I dunno.. weird thing is.. when I very first started Atkins.. I was taking those multi vit's... and did very good with them,.. no break outs.. and when I say break outs.. I mean all over itchies.... not hives.. but you know what I mean.. but I can't find the Atkins vitamins and more..

maybe I will search these that you have, See if I can buy them on line??..

I am very happy for you Elizabeth.. that is huge... I would LOVE to not want sweets..

lub yaaa
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 AM   #375

Good morning !!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

I've had a couple more busy, stressful days and .....nothing. No extra hunger, no cravings for sweets, no binge feelings. Whatever it is that has changed in my body is incredible. I'm hoping it stays!!! I haven't even had blueberries since Tuesday.

I've been eating stir fried green beans with Steak um for breakfast and a pan of roasted broccoli for lunch. Misc. stuff for dinner. I like consistency in my days. If I find a meal that I like, I eat it over and over again until I'm ready to move on.

We are still having plumbing issues Plumber is coming tomorrow between 10 and noon. Hoping it will get fixed so that I can do dishes and laundry. LOL

Picked up the Binge Eating book by Nash and plan to start that tonight. Also have some books for enjoyment to read as well.

I locked myself out of my house yesterday on our way to a Dr.'s appointment. My husband was down town giving guitar lessons so the kids and I had a brisk impromptu walk in our non-walking shoes to pick up the key. I was late to the Dr.'s. This normally would have sent me into a bingeing spiral. I hate feeling out of control, late, and ill prepared. I really didn't even think about food. Amazing!

We are having a major snow storm here. We are all tucked in. The 7 year olds and I worked on their Reading Rainbow book entries today. They are really cute. We will make a big deal of mailing them next week. http://pbskids.org/readingrainbow/contest/index.html
Old 03-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #377

Oh! My youngest daughter entered the contest too So glad to hear that you are doing so well with the stress!!! I am just now reading the Nash chapter on problem solving stressful situations and it is somewhat eye-opening what she says about bulimics and Bingers wrt how we cope with stress ... seems to me almost the key to it all in my case anyway.

I have to say your vegetable descriptions the last few days have me pounding my fork and knife up and down like in the cartoons!!!

Pauline
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
I have to say your vegetable descriptions the last few days have me pounding my fork and knife up and down like in the cartoons!!!
Today is Roasted Eggplant I've never made it before, but I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

We are in the middle of a major snow storm/blizzard. The sounds of snow blowers are resonating through my neighborhood. Sometimes my neighbors take pity on us and do our sidewalks. I'm waiting for the kids to wake up and then we will all trek outside and shovel. I feel all nervous about shoveling now because two weeks ago, the postman wrote "Walkway needs to be cleared." on a piece of mail. How embarrassing.

Plumber didn't come today because of the weather conditions. They are planning to come tomorrow.

Our county is out of salt. My husband has to work tonight and tomorrow night. I pray he will be safe driving to and from work.

I took a suggestion that Pauline made to me....during PMS, splurge on a little LC food treat if it will help you feeling like you are taking care of yourself. I've always wanted to try Prosciutto. It's one of those things that they use on Food Network all the time. I bought some when I was grocery shopping Thursday night. I added it to my green beans this morning for breakfast. It made me feel well cared for, but I think I will forego Prosciutto in the future. The taste wasn't what I expected. It was a great idea from Pauline, though, and I intent to "treat" myself to some new gourmet item next month.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #380

Hey sweetie..

I sure hope your plumber makes it soon.. and wow out of salt.. they were saying on the news that ours was running low.. this snow and ice needs to STOP !!..

talk to you soon hun.. KUTGW!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #381

Bummer that prosciutto didn't work out, lol!! I had a bowl of mushroom soup today for lunch as a change ... and it wasn't all that either, lol!!!! Oh well!!!!

Sorry to hear about the snowstorm -- I saw some news coverage and it sounds really bad. We also ran out of salt in one of our really bad icing snowstorms this past season ... my advice, keep calling the stores every day and you'll get some when it comes in.

Keep warm!!!!!

P
Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Salt....it's actually the counties that are out of salt, not the stores. I have plenty of salt here at my house. The plows are trying to keep up the the snow, but have nothing to put on the roads. We live on a corner and they haven't even made it to our side street. This should tell you something--we have a 24 hour Super Walmart. They don't even close on Christmas Day!!! They closed today at 7 p.m.

My sister-in-law couldn't make it home from work this morning and had to stay in a hotel. She's a third shift nurse. Since she was already in the city that she works in, she went ahead and went back into work tonight.

I admire my husband and sil for their incredible work ethic, but I wish they didn't have to be on the roads.

The storm is supposed to end around 4 a.m. Sunday morning.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

The storm is over. I didn't bother to measure our snowfall, but I've heard numbers from 18"-21". We did a lot of shoveling yesterday and today.

My husband barely made it into the driveway last night. I heard this vehicle coming thru the neighborhood---vrrrooooom, stuck, vrroooomm, stuck, vrrooooommm, stuck and knew it was him. LOL Several big pick-up trucks got "stuck" on our street and had to back out the way they came. It was not passable.

The plumber finally came today and rooted out the main line. Pretty pricey. Ouch! I have lots of cleaning and laundry to do in the basement. It will feel really good to have it all done!

A little more drama to add to my weekend. My husband's brother needs to borrow one of our cars for the week. I'm happy to lend it, it just complicates what I thought would be an "easy" week. LOL I'll have to take my husband to work all week and then he'll get a ride home with another co-worker.

Today is the one year anniversary of the day we found out that the baby we were going to adopt had died. Sadness.

Incredibly, with all the stresses this week and weekend held, I have not had ANY binge feelings! It's pretty darn amazing. I will have to be very alert this week to make sure that everything doesn't "fall apart" when the stresses are lifted. I have yet to start the Nash book, but I read in Pauline's journal that there are usually very specific events that start the ball rolling towards a binge eating cycle. I want to be aware of this and make sure that I don't run into any difficulties this week.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys

KUTGW, Elizabeth!!!

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #385

Quote:
Today is the one year anniversary of the day we found out that the baby we were going to adopt had died. Sadness.
.. I am very sorry sweetie....

I am glad your plubing is takin care of.. ..
We didn't get all the snow they said we would get.. so thats a good thing..lol. sorry you all did..

have a great Monday..
Old 03-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Just popping in for a minute.

Crazy, crazy days trying to get caught up with laundry and cleaning after the plumbing job and shuttling my husband around as well as all my kids.

Eating on plan.

No binges.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #387

Hey Elizabeth!!!! Sorry you are having such a crazy week!!!!!! Glad to hear your personal journey is going well ... an island of calm in a whirlwind ... that's what I'm hoping for these next two weeks myself!!!! Keep taking care of yourself!!! Pauline
Old 03-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #388

Quote:
Just popping in for a minute.

Crazy, crazy days trying to get caught up with laundry and cleaning after the plumbing job and shuttling my husband around as well as all my kids.

Eating on plan.

No binges.
If you lived in my town , I would come and help ya..
Old 03-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
If you lived in my town , I would come and help ya..
Monet, that is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard! It just melted my heart. You are such a kind soul!! I love the intenet You can meet such wonderful people.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

I am psyched!!! I am psyched!!!! I am psyched!!!!

I am entering the "second phase" of my weight loss. I knew that this day was coming, but I was kind of waiting for it to "click" in my head.

I started the Fitness part of my journey on Tuesday.

Here are my goals:

I will keep the five day a week for a minimum of five minutes goal so that I can not fail. However, in my mind, I want to try to do 30-45 minutes on my exercise bike or long, long walks. My husband and I are going to "do" the Cleveland Marathon. We will only do the 10K part and I have to get ready!

My second goal, and this is the new part, is to life weights M, W, & F alternating upper and lower body.

So far this week:
Monday- 7 minutes on the bike
Tuesday-45 minutes on the bike. I'm not sure what the technical term is for this, but during some of the commercials, I "stand" when I ride. It really raises the heart rate.
Wednesday-Walked for 50 minutes. Upper body work out.

I can't wait to get outside today and walk. It's beautiful and sun shiney and 45 degrees.

I should take measurements, I suppose, but it's TOM and who wants to measure when they are all bloated?

I'm also getting off the scale for awhile. I may or may not weigh on March 25 which would be my 9 month on plan day. I'll see how it goes.

My weight loss has been incredibly slow lately and I hope that this new part of my plan will kick up my fire. LOL

I have another reason why I want to start getting in shape.....I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt!!!! Gardening is right around the corner. My back has really been bothering me and I know that it can't handle the intense work that I want it to be able to do, so I need to get some muscle built!!

Can you tell how excited I am? I feel really free....free from the scale! This is the way I eat. I need to get away from micro managing it for awhile. I think it leads to binge feelings. I know what I can and can not eat right now. By the time summer hits, I may add in some more fruit, but I don't see changing much else until I'm at goal. I am eating tons and tons of veggies every day and I feel fantastic! In fact, the "scale" has tipped. I eat more veggies than protein.

I talked about it a couple of posts up, but I really didn't have any binge or "hunger" feelings during this PMS time. (I have to confess...my "symptoms" were so non-existent and I was a few days late, that I started to wonder if I was pregnant!) Some of the things that I changed were taking a "vitamin/supplements for dummies" pack a day, coconut oil, and lots and lots of veggies....even for breakfast.

I know this is a long post.....I'm just really in a communicating mood right now. LOL

I think that stir fried green beans for breakfast might just be the perfect breakfast for me. I am not a morning person. I want convenience in the morning. Ideally, I would eat a protein bar every morning, but I don't think that is the healthiest for me. I know that eggs are convenient, but can't stand the "gross factor." I put my clean cast iron skillet on the stove top before I go to bed. In the morning, I start the coffee, pour a splash of olive oil in the frying pan and chunk up an onion. Pour frozen green beans on top and wait for them to brown and cook down while the coffee is brewing. If I feel like it, I break up a Steak-um and let that cook. Drink first cup of coffee while everything is getting brown. Fix my kids' breakfasts. I like how the food is cooking while I'm doing something else. I burned my eggs sometimes because I was busy. This meal doesn't require much attention.

I'm off to walk!

Last edited by GardenGirl639; 03-13-2008 at 10:35 AM..