Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: emijan
Stats: 195/getting there/140
WOE: Intuitive Eating= the way God planned it
emijan journal

Well, I haven't journal since I was in love in 4th grade and it was mostly pathetic entries so I will try to do better,

I refuse to journal about wt loss as I have yo-yoed so many times in the past and have proven to be succesful when taking it one day at a time. I do not do challenges beacuse I am see the 'one tree' kinda girl (God gave me a wonderful DH that sees the whole forest) and get discouraged easily.

I will journal my T-Tapp experience as I want to remember it in detail.

So here goes:

I have been reading about it for about 3 weeks. Printed the 'try before you buy' and asked the library to order the book as until I stick to it I can't jestify a purchse (for me only to remember: Tom passes RE exam last week and is searching for work, I will work with Gracie at the end of the month and due in California with Katie, Drew and Carter begining of Sep since Justin will be out of town.Emily's 10th birthday was last week and Jenny will be 9 in 3 weeks. I started 7/5/06 at 173 and today I am 160).

Today: I watched and dvd that came with the book and did the OIFx2 with her and made a pathetic attempt to do the HD.
I than, using the book got in the position to do Primary Back Stretch did step 1 and 2 with great difficulty,sweating, hurting and calling HER names....
It has been 30 min and I sill hurt in my butt muscles (hello!) and leg muscles.

My journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...n-journal.html
emijan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Ok I decided to add some Q&A I find in case I will have the same in the future.

Is it possible to maintain a butt tuck and still bend forward?It is possible, BUT once you are in the flat back position, you actually scoop your butt up to create a better stretch in your hamstrings.

I'm feeling the tension with KLT in my front/outer shins - is that correct?Yes, you may feel tension in those areas. But, make sure you are pressing your big ball joint of your foot into the floor. That will help make sure your not going too far out on the edge of your foot.

order of excercises is paramount.There are some moves that does not apply to. But doing the moves that are on the video clips are fine. Many people try them and see results. That is the point, actually. So that they will see results and see how wonderful TTapp is.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

OK!

I did it! I have ordered the Total Body Workout set for big $$$. The rational (I am an expert at this) is that I have pondered over the PBS and attempted them a few time, sweated was in too much pain to read the next move while in position and cussed her!

I figured that My butt is still hurting from over an hour ago after doing some misly 5 min, and I have shown uncharacteristic character by sticking with the woe for over a month (a first here!). and rewarding my self with a none food item is a positive thing.

I will continue with the OIP/HF and practice Hd.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

My measurement as of 8/12/06:
Bust: 37
Pecs:34 1/4
Ribs: 33
Waist:32 5/8
Abd: 38 1/2
Hips:45 1/8
U-Thigh-R:25 3/8
U-Thigh-L:26 1/2
L-Thigh-R:18
L-Thigh-L:18 1/2
U-Arm-R:12 7/8
U-Arm-L:12 3/8

Thank God I am more familiar with cm and not aware how badly the situation is!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Last night I had such knee pain! I laid down with Emily who is sick on the air mattress (which I am sure had nothing to do with it) and as I turned to my favorite position on my R side I stretched my R leg and something happened to my knee 'cause it hurt bad with this shrp pain. Didn't last long but this morning in the middle of a stretch I felt it coming and stopped the stretch.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Did OIP x 1
HF x 2
HD as best I could. Much slower then her and only 4 front + 4 side before switching sides.
I am sweaty and my heart is racing....
Old 08-14-2006, 10:03 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

MUSCLE SORENESS

Inspired by a question posed by Kona on a thread, this topic presents the opportunity to present some vital information.

Her question was regarding muscle soreness (lack of it) after her first day of Boot Camp. I want to point out that soreness is not necessarily an indicator of work well done!

To explain, I'd like to add some additional perspective on muscle soreness. Though you will experience some muscle soreness as your technique deepens, here again is where T-Tapp breaks from the pack.

I have gotten to where I am with my T-Tapp progress largely without muscle soreness. And nothing like the kind of soreness I might experience with resistance training, either heavy loaded or high-rep lightload. Here's why:

Muscle soreness is largely caused by accumulation of waste products in the tissues. This is "moved out" primarily through function of the lymph, the action of which is activated by stretching, contraction of key muscle groups (i.e. calves), deep breathing, and hydration (drinking water). With T-Tapp, remember we are following a sequence AND implementing alignment and muscle activation strategies that invite the lymphatic system into movement. So you are essentially stretching and creating deeper lymphatic cleansing during the course of the workout. This would result in reduced muscle soreness later on.

Another element of soreness comes from micro-tears in the muscle that, upon, healing, create muscle density. Again, hydration and good nutrition are highly important for this process to proceed with the least amount of discomfort, drain on energy, or muscle soreness. What I mean to say is, muscle soreness is not always necessary for us to progress with building muscle - I've seen it over and over in myself after 6 years of T-Tapping!

Inflammation of muscle tissue is another source of soreness; the body is collecting fluid near the point in question to cool the muscle and buffer and protect; good nutrition (alfalfa for example) can decrease the inflammation along with good hydration (there's that water again!); thus there are also tools we can use to decrease the body's stress response.

TOM today.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 AM   #8
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: indogia
you are doing realy well(((Hugs))),well done on starting a journal.

thats realy interesting about the muscle soreness,thanks so much for sharing

hugs and smiles

indy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by indogia; 08-14-2006 at 10:44 AM..
indogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Tim and Jean are here for a visit so I did HF from memory .
I did some learning (not really doing) of exercises from the TBYB videos, ouch!
Can't wait to get the dvd.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

TOM, cramps.Couldn't care less about exercise while in pain....
Old 08-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Still TOM but I did OIP/HF
Old 08-21-2006, 08:10 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

I need an ear: I have done well as far as wt loss is concerned the first month (11lb) after a month I felt that I can start cooking lc (the first month it was steak, eggs string cheese and occ salad) so I have added onion (not a lot as I know it is high in carbs) and some eggplant. I tried to calculate the best I can making a huge casserol dish deviding it to serving (and deviding the carbs per serving, since I was using ground beef and lamb and drained fat while cooking I didn't know exactly how many cal are in the dish) and didn't go above 25 carbs. I have lost 2 lb since the 5th (ok I had a TOM visit but still...).
It looks like it is back to basics for me...I think that all the yo-yo lcbing has gotten my poor body very carb sensetive

Oh. I forgot I had lc ice cream and lc tortilla this last week. BTB
Old 08-23-2006, 06:16 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Swam 20 min yesterday. The TTapp dvds didn't arrive as the driver didn't know our address. hey will come today but I am leaving to see Grace. Still 160?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:26 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

yesterday I started experimenting to see if the splenda is stalling me. Tom got me S&L and it is bitter. Oh well, I can do it!
Grace is cute as a bug!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

After some good advice and self conviction I have decided to eliminate SFS from my daily intake. Being owl 'legal' food has caused me to eat it in excess!!! So last night I had so many of those babies and I am totally ok with my decision today. Gracie's B-Day!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Well that didn't last long.

I got home from Gracie's last night and the T_Tapp DVD are here. I will start at Katie's as we are going there Tuesday.
I have eliminated splenda and using s&l dealing with the bitter taste and since then lost 4 lbs. - 156
Old 09-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Finally got a moment of peace to learn the moves. Did PBS I am sure I am far from being in form. Also learned plie's but couldn't do it all.
I booked a flight to Israel today, will be gone 2 month! Thank God grandpa got a DVD.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Up 2lb from CA but TOM just ended so there is hope still. 0 T-Tapp inCA as I chased a 3 year old and held baby Carter. I did instructional #1 today + HF. Ouch.
My arms tingles like crazy while PBS.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

9/16/06
I finally did the instruction #1 today. There were some exercises I couldn't do all the reps and it did seem kinda short but it wasn't as hard to learn as I thought it would be. I had terrible tingling in my arms during the holding them back when doing PBS but it went away right away. I do not have any muscle pain yet (it has been about 8 hours) but I might sing a new song tomorrow. I am sure my form is lacking but practice makes perfect right?

9/17/06
Ok here is the report so far. I didn't sleep well at all last night. Between the ketosis insomnia and the ache in my muscles I am wiped out not to mention that after church I spend 4 hours shopping (hate shopping but I am leaving the country for 2 month and had to get some items). I feel soreness on the inside (muscles I guess) and it is weird. The only complaint I have it that my neck is sore from - what I think - the turning it fast from side to side during one of the exercises.
I will to the #1 instructional later... How long should I do it for? What did you feel after you did the first few instr. workouts?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:18 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

fit in size 14 great. the 12 are tight and the levi size 12 I can barely get O2...
1 set on HF today but I am busy getting ready to spokane.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Did Instr. #1 today, the last exercise was hard (my arms were hurting so and I have no coordination for the arms and legs together...) Didn;t have near the tingling in my arms during PBS.
So hard to remember to tuck butt AND tummy....
Old 09-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

9/20/06 Instr #1 and HF
9/2021/06 drive to spokane worked 16hrs
9/23/06 OIP HF

9/24/06 - HF (oip hurts as I am ovulating) instr #1, still can't do the whole arm routin with the launges. I do feel my body hot and my tummy hurts...Yeah
Old 09-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I am stuck and 155 since pretty much 9/5 and this morning I had to realizethat I simply over eat! I pig out on legal foods at night and that needs to stop (listened to Pastor Bob teaching on Lev. 4 - confessing my sin).
Old 09-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

B- Sugarfreesheila pancake - ate the whole thing and was so stuffed.
L - Pork chop covered with approx. 1 1/2oz cheese ate the whole cheese but only 2/3 of pc.
D- 1 1/2 large salmon patties (pretty much salmon,cheese and egg)
Old 09-29-2006, 06:26 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

153 this am! 20lb so far
Last evning I did instr #1 and some HF an leg exercies. It was hard but felt great.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:55 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Well, praise be to God as I survived - for the first time ever - a flight and came out still lc. It should be so easy now as there are so many more chices here as far as yumee lc food goes.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:58 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Istr. #1 this am first thing (girls with dad). I have been trying to do HF QD.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Was written by Heather (luvmykids) 10/3:
No calorie/carb/fat rundown here, although I am aware of the amounts. I want to enjoy good food in the freedom I have in my faith. I have never found anyone in the Bible to whom Jesus said "count calories" or "eat less fat".

Obviously, it isn't a sin to be aware of how much food I am eating. In fact, I believe it is good stewardship to be paying attention and not taking more than my fair share. Besides, I know my body really does need fewer carbs than I often eat if I don't pay attention. I just am making a conscious effort to not obsess over it any more. I do believe the less I focus on food and portions, the less I will feel deprived or be tempted to binge.

Eventually, I want to come to a place where I am totally free to eat without concern that my old tendency to stuff myself with junk will return. Imagine--peace about eating a piece of bread. Or serving of corn. Or even a slice of cake. No remorse. No guilt. Just thankfulness that God has blessed me with His presence and food that I can enjoy.

Yes it can be done. I have faith that God does not want His children to be slaves to the rules and traditions of this world. I want that freedom. In order to be able to embrace it, I need to be willing to give up my own control. That is hard. But the self control that is possible through the Holy Spirit is far more powerful than anything I can dredge up. I am weak. I break easily.

"For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things." Philippians 3:18-19 This is me when I go to either extreme with my eating habits. I am an enemy of the freedom Jesus offers when I trust in myself and man made rules to save me.

But there is good news! "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body." Phil. 3:20-21 This life is not all there is. I might struggle with my health or temptations--but one day, Jesus will reward all who have been faithful to seek Him first in this life.

I have freedom in Christ. Not license. I should be able to eat whatever I am offered, and that food should have no more impact on me than any other food.

First, I need to be sure I am not suffering from a physical reaction to certain foods. Allergies and intolerances are real and need to be dealt with properly. But everything else falls under the 'lack of discipline' category. I know this about myself, because of all the low carb goodies I have tried and gorged myself on just like I do on their sugar filled counterparts.

Food is just food. Not something to be worshiped. Jesus said it is not what goes into my body that defiles it, but what comes out of my heart. My stomach is for digesting the food that nourishes my body. It should not matter if I put meat in or veggies or ice cream.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #29
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: indogia
Hi Emijan,you are doing great
indogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:06 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Down to 150 on Grandma's scale, hopefuly it is accurate.