Old 04-17-2007, 05:56 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyallison1 View Post
Daisy,
I second you on that one. Esp the XBF thing. I too, have gone thru that loss this year. Its so sad when people reveal who they REALLY are. That is, when they are UGLY on the inside.
When Daisy put XBF I assumed exboyfriend.... so court-- when you replied, I was thinking to myself Um girl.... you're married.... you should have lost your exboyfriend a LONG time ago

I once ahd an exBOYfriend that was so gorgeous (I mean, won "best looking" in high school)... and he was nuts!!!!

I had 2 diet sodas yesterday (why??? no clue) and I am at 189 again. I'm being ridiculous! Clean eating today!
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #242
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: daisymaiz
Stats: pregnant!
WOE: Atkins maintenance, for now
Start Date: will start again after baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
When Daisy put XBF I assumed exboyfriend.... so court-- when you replied, I was thinking to myself Um girl.... you're married.... you should have lost your exboyfriend a LONG time ago
that is what I meant, didn't think of it meaning anything else but that one applies too, now that I think of it.

Sorry to hear that, Courtney

And yeah, my exboyfriend was YEARS ago, but he's still very ugly!
daisymaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: courtneyallison1
Stats: 200/187/130 - 5'9", 30 yr. old
WOE: PSMF, K/E with alternating Free Meals
Start Date: Restart Date 7/23/07
Haha! XBF I meant Ex BFF. Heehee! - "Yeah I had a boyfriend within the last year" haha, NOT.
courtneyallison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
You guys are too funny
I'm just here eavesdropping, I'll try to write more tomrrow.
Thinking of ya...
Hope you have a great sleep tonight (with no waking for washroom breaks!)
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Well--- My weight is still up... 190 this morning. 190 even. And I thought I did great yesterday!!

Today: egg whites +1 egg, 1.5 servings 85% lindt
Lunch: salad + chicken (NOT chix salad), homemade 1000 island (mayo+salsa)
D: 2 chicken muffins---

Water + iced tea. No diet drinks. 2 pieces of Extra gum.

If I don't lose weight tomorrow I will be so frustrated!!!

I found out today that I was accepted into a program this summer to spend 1 month abroad (europe). It sounds exciting (though somewhat dangerous), and I know I SHOULD do it. I am afraid of the food situation. Meals provided--- also there will be a lot of hiking and outdoor things, what if I'm too out of shape?

I would leave June 26th. I'm thinking about this....

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Well--- My weight is still up... 190 this morning. 190 even. And I thought I did great yesterday!!

Today: egg whites +1 egg, 1.5 servings 85% lindt
Lunch: salad + chicken (NOT chix salad), homemade 1000 island (mayo+salsa)
D: 2 chicken muffins---

Water + iced tea. No diet drinks. 2 pieces of Extra gum.

If I don't lose weight tomorrow I will be so frustrated!!!

I found out today that I was accepted into a program this summer to spend 1 month abroad (europe). It sounds exciting (though somewhat dangerous), and I know I SHOULD do it. I am afraid of the food situation. Meals provided--- also there will be a lot of hiking and outdoor things, what if I'm too out of shape?

I would leave June 26th. I'm thinking about this....

OMG my dearest! PLEASE GO!!! I can live vicariously through you

Seriously, you should do it. You will probably lose weight over there since their way of eating is so different. My parents come back tomorrow from a 5 weeks stay all over Europe (Italy, England, London, Scotland and Ireland) and I am sure they will be glad to be back but I know that everytime my Mom goes over there she never gains an ounce, eats a lot, drinks wine and loses weight! So it goes to show you that if you do everything in moderation like they do, you will be fine!

You will be down tomorrow, my twin! After I went to the bathroom this morning I was down another pound at 189! Weird since they say that our matters never weigh more than a couple of ounces. THEY are WRONG! Haha!

I have a feeling that you will do well tomorrow! I have also heard a myth that chewing gum can hinder weight loss. I have always thought it to be an urban myth but who knows?

Well have a GOOD NIGHT Sam! ya!

Proud Mommy to Kylie ~ Born 3-17-06 ~ My Avatar = My reason for living!

Old 04-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Sam,

Please do us moms a favour & GO TO EUROPE !!! ha ha! I want to live vicariously through you, too. I'm totally with Courtney - you will be just fine. And as far as the hiking goes, it will make everything balance out. It is a totally different way of life over there, and the change of pace will make up for the extra you might eat in carbs.

How long is the program for? 2 months?

My weight is up today, too, but I know it's because I'm expecting TOM. I just have to wait it out & not owrry about the scale this week. I hate TOM, for that reason.

I'm exhausted today. Went to bed too late last night because I got hooked into facebook! Are you guys hooked on that yet??

I'm off to bed. I'll be dreaming low carb dreams for us all.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
Old 04-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #248
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

My vote-you should go. You may regret it someday if you don't.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:21 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

I love facebook! We can be facebook friends!

I stared at the scale this morning in disbelief. I may have even chuckled out loud. 190.6. I shouldn't be getting my period until the 25th or beyond.... I cannot believe this!!!

So I proceed to make a nice & decadent breakfast--- more chocolate than I have ever had in the morning (almost 3 servings). And I vow to change from this minute forth because I am absolutely addicted to chocolate now. :blush: I admit it. Out of control. I normally don't even eat breakfast. Tomorrow will be a no-breakfast for me . Tea + maybe coconut oil-- back to the good old days!

About Europe-- I should have specified--- it's not really Europe! It's Israel!!! It is a medical ethics / tour Israel program for a month. I would be gone on my birthday (not reallllly a big deal, but kinda annoying). I could stay longer and travel Europe if I wanted to.

That's why it is potentially dangerous!

If I don't go to Israel, there are programs in Mexico and south america for medical spanish, which I am also considering. I think I'm definitely going to go somewhere...
Old 04-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #250
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

oooh Israel, yeah that changes things a little bit...think about it, but definitely go SOMEWHERE!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

I'm with Daisy! I just bought a CD of Meican music today. Put it on in the car, and let the breeze pour through the windows.... Oh, I love Mexico, and the music just maes me want to go back. (Oh, that reminds me - I am a piano teacher now. The music store I worked in sold instruments & sheet music, not CD's) So, yes, I do love music!

You're so lucky to have an opportunity like that in front of you. Take advantage!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:29 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Yeah Sam, I would opt in for Mexico. Its amazing down there, but you already know that having just been there, lol. I would skip Israel. But I am a BIG Chicken!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Court, I think you're a chicken because of Kylie. I know that's how I turned into one !!!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Do you ever have a whoosh for no apparent reason??

I think that's going to happen to me tomorrow.

Last night I had V8, nuts, an Atkins bar, a big salad (portillo's)... i feel bloated and yucky today. Now I expect myself to be up in weight, but right now I'm 191 WITH my clothes on. At NIGHT. Today I had a ton of coconut bark, eggs, and chocolate. I know I said I would stop eating chocolate. But I didn't.

My mom came to visit me at my apartment and I asked her to take the chocolate. She didn't understand. She knows how healthy I think it is, and I'm like Mom, you don't get it. It's healthy when you have a square... not when you eat 2 bars (5 servings) in a sitting. I made it sounds like I was "burned out" on the chocolate, when really I am obsessed with it! Some people just don't understand. I don't think my mom has ever binged. She eats teeny meals and never seems to be very hungry. Has also never weighed over 110!!! I found a picture of her once that was dated 2 days before my birthday. It took me 5 minutes to figure out she was pregnant in the picture, because she seriously carried it so well. She COULDNT gain weight. They thought I had a problem (the disease where the baby has low fluid? I forget).

So I have only 1 bar of chocolate... and I know if I eat it tomorrow I'll be disappointed when I have none left. So this bar (I'm serious this time), will not be "eaten", but will be SAVORED. 1 square at a time when I am desperately in need.

I had a school lecture last week on sleep and caffeine, and there is a lot of stuff I didn't know! SO I am going to try and unaddict myself to all stimulants. I made myself some herbal iced tea with a mixture of fruits, and I'll sip on that all day long tomorrow.

I ended up calling my ex-bf on friday... it was an emotional and sad conversation... and I spent the weekend in a funk. I'm still thinking about it, but trying to just get over it, get over him, get over everything....

I have felt very lonely lately, and I think it's all in my head. I just feel very needy and very codependent on other people. It's like I AM the one creating this pathetic me.

It annoys me that with so many things OUT of my control, I don't focus on bettering the things I CAN control. I can control how I eat. I understand why people become anorexic to control their lives in the strive for perfection. Sometimes I wish I had that kind of vigilance. I wish I had that motivation-- the kind where you reign over yourself with full control. I wonder if I will ever get back to that place again--- where I take full responsibility for my actions, make no excuses for how I eat or what I do, etc.

The first time I lost weight I would rather die than eat something off-plan. It gave me horrible anxiety if I knew there was sugar in the salad dressing, so I only had oil and vinegar. I felt a lot better back then, even if I was over-doing things a bit. I also ran everyday. Man I miss those days
Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

WELL

I think yesterday I overate chocolate-- and ended up violently ill!

I didn't eat after 3pm but I ate until I felt slightly sick. Was fine until 8 when my heart was racing and I felt like my blood pressure was super low. Everytime I stood up I thought I was going to pass out and I got dizzy. It seemed like a delay effect from the chocolate (from the usual kick it gives me). I got in bed at 10 as usual but could not sleep. By midnight I was at the toilet thinking I was going to puke. I sat there maybe 30 minutes. Then every 15 minutes from then until 4am I had to go to the bathroom. AHHHH!!! It was like the time I binge ate on cashews-- anyone read about that in my journal? It's like suddenly my body will do anything possible to get rid of it!!!

So this morning I am 187.4. A celebratory weight, I suppose, but I know I shouldn't really claim it given that I'm probably super dehydrated. I missed a bunch of important classes this morning (and still feel kinda sick). But I'm going to try and eat and hope it makes me feel better (and hope it stays IN my body, like things are supposed to).

Ugh I probably won't eat chocolate OR eggs for a very long time.

Could this be an allergy symptom?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:42 AM   #256
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

We're with you Sam! Stay strong! Summers comin Remember your last trip home when you want that extra edge! you!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys! I'm feeling better already (except that it is 6:30pm and I currently weigh 5 pounds more than I did this morning!!)

I have hardly peed today at all!! Majorly retaining water. I have the WORST headache, but had no stimulants today (tea, chocolate), maybe it's withdrawals? My temp is 99.2, which I know isn't high, but it is a bit high for me.

Menu:

B: nothing (slept late)
L: chicken salad (too much) + small garden salad (lettuce, olives, cucs & tomatoes)
D: 2 big bowls of seafood soup + 2 shiritaki packages
Snack: 2 TB coconut bark

I bet I am heavier from the weight of the soup, since I just had dinner, I bet that's 1-2 pounds. I better be below 190 tomorrow though, otherwise I will have had a huge gain.

I am so frustrated. It's like I CANT make a plan for myself.

I want to do M/E or KISS or Stillman's or induction or *******... but I never really pick one and devote myself to it.

I also think I may be PMSing afterall, which if so, means I may actually get TOM on TIME this month Which hasn't been happening lately.

I kinda like this plan:

a lean version of KISS (basically, *******) w/ breakfast of 1-2 TB coconut bark (from CO and whey powder).

That is my plan for tomorrow. Any suggestions?

I feel fat and defeated. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help it

Last edited by Samantha42; 04-23-2007 at 04:36 PM..
Old 04-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

I followed the "plan" I said I was going to follow--- and it worked! Down 2.2 pounds, and I am very happy about it (back to 187.6, from 189.8 yesterday). Maybe I needed to watch my fat/calories more.

I'm feeling good about this, so same plan for today!!

B: coconut bark (even though I'm not hungry at ALL!)
L: salad w/ chicken, LC, lowfat,lowcalorie
D: meat + veggie + possibly shiritaki, also LF Lcal LC, maybe some CO
Old 04-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Sam!
I think it is improtant to try to stick on one plan, and slowly figureout one at a time additional foods that work or don't work for you. It sounds like you are doing just that. Congrats on the loss !!!

I am also back on plan today.

B-LC shake
L-slices of x-tra lean kielbasa & cheese
Sn-2 tbsp pbutter
D-beef & broccoli stir fry

It's been a cold, rainy, dreary day here today. Wish I could get out for a nice walk, but it's awful! I'm feeling a bit trapped in the house, and because the house is so cold I can't even motivate myself to get the cleaning done. Have to do it though, so off I go....

Have a great one Sam!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Steph!!

Your menu looks good!

I ate the same exact thing today as yesterday (hoping for a double woosh!).

B: coconut bark (<1 TB)
L: salad + water chestnuts + gr. pepper + chicken breast
D: chix breast + 1 package shiritaki + 2 TB coconut bark

Water: 6 cups again!

We'll see how the scale feels about my new routine!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

My fingers are crossed for you my pal! DOUBLE WHOOSH! Here you come!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME BORED!! Where is everyone??? I keep refreshing every 3 minutes and no responses on any of my threads!! LCF is slow tonight! :blush:

What is considered a "woosh" anyway?? Anything over 1 pound???

I decided maybe I should post some new pics.

Actually, I feel like what I need to do is stop pressuring myself to be at my goal by a certain date (incase I don't lose as quickly as I want)! I have always wanted to get people's opinions on how much weight I need to lose-- but I think it may be obnoxious to say "what should my goal weight be". But since this is MY journal, I can do whatever I want, right??

SO here is my picture. Me at 187 lbs.

What should my goal be? Be honest!!

The reason I ask really, is because I feel like my goal of 140 (and my ultimate goal of 123) may be too extreme for me right now. I would like to think that I would be happy at 150 or 160. I don't know why I NEED someone to tell me that's true, but I want your honest opinions. It's hard to judge yourself, KWIM?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyPicture.jpg (64.6 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Samantha42; 04-25-2007 at 07:26 PM..
Old 04-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

And here is another (hopefully I didn't post the same pic twice!)

This is me from yesterday. There is a real nasty one of me sitting. My tummy looks gigantic! Dare I post it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyPicture.jpg (77.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

I AM BITING THE BIGGEST BULLET RIGHT NOW:

Presenting: the-worst-angle-big-tummy-picture of yours truly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 224.jpg (81.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Samantha42; 04-25-2007 at 07:25 PM..
Old 04-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Sam,
You look great in ALL of your pictures! But, there's no way I can tell you what your idea weight should be. Everyone carries their weight differently, and it also depends on what your previous weight was. I am comparing myself to pictures that I have when I weighed 190. I LOVE what I looked like then compared to what I was just a couple months ago. So, I am aiming for that right now. I also have pictures of me in highschool when I was about 155, so I have made that my target weight. Otherwise, I would really just be going by what a book says I should weigh, and that would just be unreasonable. I will consider myself highly successful even if I just get back down to 190. Achieving that & staying at that weight will give me increadible health benefits alone.

You are right not to make your goal weight an unrealistic number.
I have even been asking myself lately, "Will all the struggle be worth it if you only lose 2 pounds a month for the next year?"

That might sound awful, but a year can go by so fast, and how happy would I be to be 24 pounds less than I am right now? I have been overweight since I was about 14 yrs old, so even if it takes TWO years to lose it all, it sitll will be worth it to me. I really think it's important not to pressure yourself, but to be consistently moving toward your target weight. Just my opinion.

Whatever the case, I think you are alreayd stunning (belly pic & all !!!)
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie_pie View Post
Sam,
You look great in ALL of your pictures! But, there's no way I can tell you what your idea weight should be. Everyone carries their weight differently, and it also depends on what your previous weight was. I am comparing myself to pictures that I have when I weighed 190. I LOVE what I looked like then compared to what I was just a couple months ago. So, I am aiming for that right now. I also have pictures of me in highschool when I was about 155, so I have made that my target weight. Otherwise, I would really just be going by what a book says I should weigh, and that would just be unreasonable. I will consider myself highly successful even if I just get back down to 190. Achieving that & staying at that weight will give me increadible health benefits alone.

You are right not to make your goal weight an unrealistic number.
I have even been asking myself lately, "Will all the struggle be worth it if you only lose 2 pounds a month for the next year?"

That might sound awful, but a year can go by so fast, and how happy would I be to be 24 pounds less than I am right now? I have been overweight since I was about 14 yrs old, so even if it takes TWO years to lose it all, it sitll will be worth it to me. I really think it's important not to pressure yourself, but to be consistently moving toward your target weight. Just my opinion.

Whatever the case, I think you are alreayd stunning (belly pic & all !!!)
I agree wholeheartedly with Steph! About you Steph and the weight goal, Sam. I think you are 100% right in making goals for RIGHT now that are realistic. Mini goals are what gets us where we need to be, my friend!

You are BEAUTIFUL! Don't ever think any different!

I am going to post my pics from two weeks ago right now and then I will post my pics of current tomorrow when I take them. I am HOPING that I will see a change! Wish me luck!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:51 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

I know, I know... you guys can't really TELL me what my goal weight should be.... But it's hard to judge yourself!! Like Court-- from seeing your pics I think you might look TOO skinny at 130

How tall are you guys Court & Steph? Steph-- want to post your 190 pictures??? Hmm Hmmmm?? You know I'm a picture fiend, right?

Today: 187. Down 0.6. I wouldn't call that a woosh, would you?

At least it's something though! Plus I am totally retaining water, PMS-style. I just want to get TOM already Hopefully I'll see a big woosh with that.

I remember Kimmer saying how on her plan you would lose weight even WITH your period and PMS. Maybe she's right! My calories have been decently low (900) the past 2 days. But I know I'm going to dinner on Friday and I'll have more calories. I always get fish in an olive oil sauce, so I'm sure it will be decently high in calories. Maybe I'll get the sauce on the side. It's olive oil, wine, herb, lemon sauce--- so yummy! Lately the only fat I have been eating is the coconut oil. I had some last night at 6pm and I could not fall asleep! I wonder if it's from the CO.

Usually when I can't sleep I can never pinpoint why because of CO, tea, chocolate... but now that CO is the only "stimulant" I have, I think that might help me.

I'm babbling. I got up early this morning (6:15) because I couldn't sleep. GRRRR.

Food plan:

B: CO
L: salad + chix
D: chix + shiritaki

Hey, if it works for me, why not keep at it?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Yeah its hard to say. The last time I was really happy with my weight (after my first BFL challenge) I was around 158 or so. I think I would be happy with being very toned and 150 or a little less. I want to be healthy and look healthy. But when I weight 170 or so I fit into a size 30 jeans... Weird. I have a very good friend that tells me since I had a baby that I should accept where I am at (along with another friend who just has two kids back to back) and keep what I am doing but she thinks that we will never get back in shape because of the babies.
How many women would be overweight for life if that were true? That started a debate between her and I and she was saying that there was no way I was ever even recently a size 5. BECAUSE she is a few inches shorter, very fit and a size 7-9. It was SO irritating to me because I KNOW what my sizes are and her body is SO not the same as mine.
So SHE is my fuel. What she has said about it not being possible??? Well that is the fire that is keeping me going.
I know she intended no harm and was trying to fathom that I could be a size 5 and not look like a beanpole (which I kind of do but with muscle tone, lol) and she was trying to tell me I look fine the way I am, but that's just IGNORANT!

So Sam, I think your diet is SUPER right now! Its great and I am STOKE for our weight loss! You and I are SO twins in weight (except today I am up) and TOM. I think we will be getting it at the same time! MAYBE that's why I am fluctuating so much??? I sure as heck HOPE so!!! I am SO irritable right now its not even funny!!!

OK well I better run! Steph, PLEASE be brave with us and post your currents!!! I am posting my current pics today. I spent all night on the success stories board last night on here. MAN it is SOOOOOOOO motivating! I think I need to do that everyday. But more importantly, I think pics of each other will also serve as a great motivating factor!

Well I will be back later luvs! ya's!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Hey there girls

OK, here's what I'll do - I'll email you guys current pics! How's that?? I just can't be brave enough & put them out there for anyone & everyone to see !!!
Yes, I'm chicken! I'll try to see if I can take some tonight. I'll have to set the camera up & put the timer on. That can be a funny exercize in itself

Court, you are right, you can't compare apples with oranges when it comes to weight! Everyone is different. My sister is the same height as me (5' 6"), she is slimmer than me, but I think she weighs close to my weight because she is ligitimately big-boned. (I wish I could use the big-boned excuse, but I know I'm not). When you compare her wrists with mine, her's are about an inch & a half larger around. And she has very large hands. She is just a more solid frame, but because of that she carries the weight better than I do.

The nice part is that I know I have a more 'petite' me underneath all of this ! I just have to find it !! She will always have a larger, broader frame than me.

I'll have to look for my 190' pictures. I know I have a few kicking around. The trouble is that I'd have to scan them into the computer, and I don't have a scanner. I'll work on it & see what I can do.

Court, you just let your friends words fuel you on! I have been doing the same type of thing in my head. You are going to show her !! Ha! Even if she never knows how her comments have bothered you, you know, and you can get the satisfaction of proving her wrong !!!! You GO GIRL !!!

OK - enough procratinating. I've got a mound of work to do around here. I'll try to check back later with you guys.

xox