Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
And Court (I forgot if you said that it was OK for me to call you that?)-- since we are aiming for similar goals, I figured I would share my weekly goals for the next few months. I have done this before and failed miserable, but maybe, just MAYBE, this time will be different :blush:

Even if I don't make my goals, I will be happy with SOME weightloss (minimum 1-2 lb week)....That's why I put my ultimate goal, plus an "acceptable" that is at least good progress. I also realize that as I get closer to goal I may not lose as quickly as I like. My ultimate goal is 123 lbs. From 140-123 I don't really care how quickly I lose. I would be happy losing 4 lbs a month (would take about 4 months to get to my super-goal) Here goes:

Monday: GOAL: Acceptable:
4/16 - 183
4/23 - 179
4/30 - 176
5/7 - 173
5/14 - 170 175
5/21 - 167
5/28 - 164
6/4 - 161
6/11 - 158
6/18 - 155 165
6/25 - 152
7/2 - 149
7/9 - 146
7/16 - 143
7/23 - 140 150
7/30 - 138
8/6 - 136
8/13 - 133
8/20 - 131 140
8/27 - 128
9/3 - 126

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: courtneyallison1
Stats: 200/187/130 - 5'9", 30 yr. old
WOE: PSMF, K/E with alternating Free Meals
Start Date: Restart Date 7/23/07
SWEET! Its always so good to post our goals. AND RE-READ them frequently. Its like making a contract with yourself. Awesome! It is totally achievable! I think even more so than before because we all have each other!
courtneyallison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

I WILL reread it a lot, and you can copy and paste it for me if I got off track! Do you think we can lose 3 lbs a week?

I'll post my menu even though I didn't follow M/E in the afternoon like I had intended to. I was close, though!!

B: eggs + coconut oil + stevia + 85% Lindt (1 bar)
L: homemade seafood soup w/ shrimp + scallops + LC sausage + some of the real shiritaki noodles (no tofu, no soy, the glucomannan ones)
D: same as lunch + parmesan ontop of the soup mmm so yummy, I'm eating it right now!

I DID make my goal of no caffeine nor coconut after breakfast.... but I find that I have been hungrier all day! I am eating dinner at 5:00, I couldn't even wait until 6 or 7!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Bit*hen! Good job and I WILL remind you if you get off track! I made my goal of walking after lunch today too! 20 minutes rather than 15 and I did an avg 8-10% incline (got to 12 and it was HOTTTTT! Trying to work those thighs, you know)
Maybe if you take some CO mid morning it would still be OK. Even though I am on M/E I made the Chocolate Bark and I have been taking it that way. Its so much easier like that. I even added unsweetened Coconut oil to it and it didn't do a darn thing to me on the scale. So until it hinders something I will keep that up because it was super hard to stomach today on its own. What sucks is I used to love the taste on its own before I found the bark recipe.
So I will try to walk after dinner tonight too. I have upped the anti and I am going to do 25 minutes... I also am going to make sure I get my leg workout in and the Fluidity bar as soon as my Hubby gets home or Kylie takes another nap. Fat chance of the latter since she has become an insomniac these days!
OK well GREAT job today and I do think we can lose 3 pounds a week. Especially if I can pull of M/E during the weekdays until I get to goal... I will do it as long as I can hack it. I know I am going to get some mad cravings for fruit someday down the line...

Proud Mommy to Kylie ~ Born 3-17-06 ~ My Avatar = My reason for living!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

My goodness you are an EXERCISE MACHINE!! I'm scared of you!!!

I wanted to EDIT my previous statements: I CANNOT control my parmesan cheese consumption :blush: and I also ate a 1/2 a green pepper.

I hope this doesn't make me gain weight. I probably ate 3 oz of cheese.... I should just be completely dairy free instead of putting up with these cravings!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

I know what you mean about the dairy. Its a lot easier if you dont think about it. Like it doesn't exist. Whenever I LC I always get all stoked when I first start because I always think I can have as much dairy, butter, etc as I want and I end up bingeing. I realize that those products trigger me to want other things that I don't need. Strange huh? Also my blood type is O positive and in the Eat Right for your Type book it says I don't do well with Dairy. So I have decided to cut it out almost as completely as possible by not thinking about it. If I happen to want some, big deal. Everything in moderation. But I used to slather everything in dairy because I thought I could. No more! Especially over the past couple weeks since I havent had much of it. I really realized that I don't NEED it. But I LOVE Parmesan and I know what you mean chica! Again though, everything in moderation. At least you are logging things so you know if you are up tomorrow, what triggered it. Me too!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Ugh I KNOW I'm going to be up. I had 2 bowls of the soup + 1 green pepper... + a ton of cheese. I will at least be retaining water from the salt! It makes me mad, but I'm trying not to let it bother me like it would in the past. I know it only takes a day to erase a bad day-- so tomorrow if I get back to non-dairy and smaller portions I know this feeling will go away quickly.

But grrr I'm still ticked.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Hey Guys!
You've been busy - both of you! Sam, great job in posting you goals. I have an ultimate goal in mind, and I keep 'tweaking' my goals once I reach a smaller one. We are going on a family camping trip at the end of July, to a camp I worked at when I was younger... which means I'll be seeing a lot of old friends, and family... and I need to look good! That has really been giving me incentive. Yes, I will remind you of your goals, too, if you seem to lose focus. Pleaase do the same for me !!!

Courtney, What is this chocolate bark ?? Or should I ask? I'm not a chocoholic - so maybe I should just leave it. I'm a 'chip-a-holic', and so I've been wondering about pork rinds. Anybody had them? They always sounded totally gross to me. Yesterday I was curious & I checked them out at the grocery store, and was surprised to see they had 0 carbs listed.
Does anyone know if they taste any good? I might try to pick up some tomorrow so hubby & I can have them while we watch 'LOST'. (He always downloads it & we watch it together on the weekend)

Did you guys read that I bought & drank regular root beer by mistake? ?? I thought it was diet... I'm such a dolt. 41 carbs per glass. I thought I was going to puke when I read it. I'm just glad I only had 2 glasses, and not the whole bottle. So, I think I'm going to be on M/E for at least a day longer.

I'm so proud of you ladies for making a plan, and sticking to your plan! It does me such a world of good to know that you are just a few clicks away. It is keeping me soooooo accountable (nevermind the root beer!). I'm getting really excited for the next 15 pounds to come off, and then I want to pick up some new spring/summer clothes.

Well, I'm heading out for now. Who knows, I might have a late night melt down & may check in later Hopefully not!

Have a great sleep & I'll check in with ya tomorrow !!!

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Steph-- UGH I am so sorry about the root beer!! I once started a thread on how accidental cheats are the worst (I ate potatoes thinking it was eggplant once). But you are still doing great, so don't let it get you down!!

Pork rinds are actually pretty good, but I get addicted to them since I prepare them in a tasty weigh. (No way in particular, but I never eat them plain plain).

I'm already debating what I should have for breakfast tomorrow.

My leftover soup?

Eggs? Chocolate? Tea?

I think I'm going to be up at least a pound, makes me angry! OH WELLLL
Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

How did you confuse potatoe for eggplant??? You must not have prepared the dish, I assume! ha Not laughing at your misfortune.... just imagining you down the produce isle, putting "purple potatoes" into your cart
Oh, I make myself laugh
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

I think you should do the egg thing for bfast. Do ask many as you like, fill yourself up. You'll be so glad that you did. I think that soup might be hurting you (maybe it's the noodles??). I think if you do strict M/E for one day you'll notice a difference. Just go without the root beer. (I KNEW I should have listened to you about that root beer!!!)
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

LOL it was a "Low cal" salad with cut up "eggplant" on it.

WHO PUTS POTATOES ON A LOWCAL SALAD. COme on. The funniest part is how long it took me to figure it out. I kept eating it and saying "this tastes really familiar" but since I hadn't had potatoes in YEARS I forgot where that chalky taste was coming from!

I'm having eggs for breakfast like you suggested, Steph! I might have the soup later (with NO cheese). The soup itself is pretty basic (Linda-- here's the recipe!)

shrimp
scallops
5 LC organic sausages cut up
container of low sodium chicken broth (the large paper square one)
PACE Medium Sauce (near the salsas, but amazing, I use it as a base in SO much that I cook, IE thousand island dressing, chili, with LC pasta...)
Cut up shiritaki (2 bags, so probably only 1/2 serving in each bowl of soup)

I don't measure ingredients hardly ever, I just throw stuff together and it is usually very simple and very yummy!

The good news: I actually slept laste night!!!! Probably from 10:30-7:30 which is amazing for me (at least lately). I am attributing it to my lack of stimulants (CO, tea) after breakfast. But I WAS hungry and tired all day, so I'll have to find a happy medium (maybe today I will have tea at lunch, and nothing later)... I'll try to add stimulants in more gradually to see what I can tolerate.

BAD NEWS: I am up 1.8 lbs!!!! 1.8!!! From a little too much cheese, salt, and a green pepper. Me=angry that I gain so easily. Frustrating!! Now when I look at the scale (187.8) I think: How can I really be 183 by Monday now, when YESTERDAY I was so darn close!!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #223
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: daisymaiz
Stats: pregnant!
WOE: Atkins maintenance, for now
Start Date: will start again after baby!
Don't worry about being 183 by Monday sweetie, you are doing great. The number on the scale is only part of the equation. KUTGW!
daisymaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Hey girlfriend! Don't worry about that 1.8!!! It could be just water weight from the sodium in the Parmesan and maybe the soup. Who knows? I would SO not worry about it though. I am haveing "Incredible Baked Eggs" from the Coconut Diet Cookbook for Breakfast today. Have you read the book? If not, I HIGHLY recommend it. It explains SO MUCH. I have read just about every diet book under the sun (of recent years that is) and this really puts it in lamens terms and also explains weight loss blocking factors.

One thing that I read that made me think of you, was about Chocolate. You said you have a Thyroid condition? It says Chocolate/Caffeine can contribute to a problem. You would have to read it but I don't even know that it applies to you. All I know is that I am NO LONGER LEARY OF CO. I totally understand it all now...

Well have a better day today and stay on strict M/E! I am sure it will come off by tomorrow morning.

I weighed in today and no loss... But I am still happy with it. AND my 10+ inch loss from the past couple weeks...

KUTGW, girlfriend! We can do this! Have a great day!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!

Just a quick post - I have a ton to do in the next hour, and probably only an hours of Ian's nap time left!

God job on the eggs this morning Sam! And here's my 2 cents on your weight gain -

I think it MIGHT be that you weren't really deep into ketosis when you ate the parmesan, green pepper etc. the other night. I find that when I'm on a roll & really deep into ketosis, say, for at least a full week, then things like that don't affect my weight, and I can still even lose when I cheat a bit.
Do you think this might be the case?
I find that if I'm only in ketosis & seeing losses for a day or so, and then I 'cheat', it can stall everything. The "deeper" I've been in ketosis, the friendlier my body is when I cheat.

Just a thought that you might want to ponder. I know that I would start to lose, I would get really excited about it, and then I would let me guard down right away, and then the losses would stop, and I would gain. The yo yo would start. Now, I'm really excited to see that I'm losing again, and I want to see how long I can make it happen, so I'm going to try to stay as strict as I can for at least a few more days.

That's my 2 cents! WHatever the case, I'm glad you slept last night! You need your sleep! You have so much on your plate!

Courtney - keep on plugging away. No weight loss is a good thing. It means the scale isn't going in the wrong direction! BTW, can you forward me any good links for info on CO? I would like to do more reading on it. I haven't been taking it since I started M/E for fear it would hinder me. But, I think I'm going to add it back in for Monday. I want to keep my shiny hair!

Hope you ladies are having a great afternoon! I'll check back with you later! Keep up the great work - I'm so proud of you both!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:18 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Hey Steph!
Good to hear from you, on this busy day of yours! Keep up the good work! Peanut Butter sounds so yum about now

So you might want to order or go to the Library (they do have those over there don't they? ) and check out this book: The Coconut Diet, by Cherie Calboum.

It is LOADED with a ton of useful information in a way that is very understandable. There are even parts in there about medical conditions that could hinder weight loss efforts on even the most dedicated of Low Carb Diets. There are even a lot of questionaires to see if these conditions apply to you. (ie. Candidiasis, Hypothyroid, Insulin Resistance, etc.) They say a lot of Doctors will tell you that you don't have Hypothyroid even if you do and there are two specific tests that they normally don't run that you can request. (That is if you take the quiz and feel that you even need to be tested.)

There are SO many things that can block our weight loss even when trying really hard to lose. Coconut oil is not one of those things. It promotes weight loss and has a ton of proof to back it...

Well have a good one! TTYS
Old 04-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Ooh! great info!! What are these incredible eggs you are talking about?? Recipe pleeeeease?

I never tried the 3-lac, but my Dr told me to take it with the Nystatin (I didn't, it was super expensive). I figured my whole foods one would be good enough? Hm who knows. What else does the book say about chocolate and thyroid! I know that since I am on thyroid meds I am more affected by all stimulants--- like I have a very low tolerance for caffeine, meds with stimulants etc since my thyroid meds already speed me up already. But I want to know what that book thinks! I, too, have read SO many diet books-- carb addicts, blood type, Mercola's No-grain, I have the metabolic typing, atkins, stillman's, blake donaldsons early 1900s book on only eating meat It can get confusing when trying to find a plan!

I'm eating my soup again... we'll see if i CONTINUE to gain from it

Steph-- I agree on the deep ketosis! See, I was in deep ketosis before I ate it.... and I know what you mean about being able to eat more carbs, but I think this is pure water retention. I have been OK being in deep ketosis, eating a ton of chips and salsa, and never getting kicked out of ketosis. But this cheese and salt! After eating so clean! Plus I ate MORE, and the noodles have a lot of fiber in them and that could absorb water in my colon. I mean there are a lot of things that could have caused it. I just hope it goes away ASAP... I normally don't make it past this point, in all honesty. I give up.

I am NOT going to do that this time. I am going to make it through this, and reigster weight loss by Monday.

Daisy you are absolutely right. It's not just the number that matters. 183, 185.... it doesn't matter. I just need to move onward in the right direction
Old 04-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

WOW. I have reached a new level of boredom, and since I don't have another form of journal to write in I'm just going to write here. And anyway, 85% of the things in my life are affected by my weight and eating, so I might as well just write it all here

Honestly this is long and probably super boring, so if you make it through the whole thing, congrats, you don't have ADD! Nor ADHD!

So this boredom stems from the fact that the past 3 days have been 1/2 days at school-- I am out at noon. That explains why I have been posting so much more lately (and I'll be sad when I can't come to LCF all the time)-- but I have ended up feeling like I am in this time blur where I get nothing done. The whole day passes by and I am basically just sitting there, waiting for dinnertime, waiting for my TV show to be on, waiting to get the motivation to do any work. It sounds amazing, right? It sounds like the relaxation that people are trying to achieve, that moment when we "have nothing to do". Wrong! I want to go crazy! I get depressed, I check my "user control panel" button every 3 minutes, and when there is a non-new thread or a new, but "boring" thread, I get so mad!

You know what I mean about those boring thread messages? Like the ones where they are pics of someone who lost a lot of weight, and you reply "You look great" and from then on you are subscribed... so you are constantly getting updates on your subscription just from people saying the same exact thing, so they aren't really updates. OK PEOPLE DO you see how crazy I am going just thinking about things?

I need to be kept busy!!!I forget how much happier I am when I am just DOING things-- like when I have plans with one person in the morning and another person in the afternoon and I feel like I just had a super eventful day. Do you guys ever confuse an eventful day for an enjoyable day just because it was busy day?

I really need to start working out! This would be the best time!

Some of my internet searches were weight related... food allergies, medium chain triglyceride / coconut oil (the stuff is amazing)... I came across one on wheat and dairy and how people have problems with both of them a lot and how it makes them fat. It Sounds Like Me. The way I feel today, the way my face is a little puffier, the way the scale was up almost TWO pounds after a lower-calorie, lower-carb day---- WHY DID I BUY THE CHEESE? Who was I kidding. The parmesan is gone-- it was 6 servings and I probably had it in 4 meals. That's not really all that bad, is it? Well it was bad enough to make me feel bad. I quit dairy. There are some dairy related foods that don't seem to make me feel this way (whey protein, cocoa, butter, chicken salad)-- so I think that will make me feel better and will make this feeling go away.

Another thing I wanted to say--- and I'm only saying this because I feel like I am dishonest on this board. I never lie--- and I don't think I am misleading, I just feel like I don't say things that I should. So here's what I wanted to say-- the past week or so I have started smoking cigarettes!!!!! I know it is so gross, entirely hypocritial and counter-productive to what I am trying to do.... I have been smoking 1/2-1 cigarette a day... and some days I do not smoke anything at all (ok now that you know how much I smoke, does that make it any better? :blush: ) So I have probably had 3-4 cigarettes TOTAL. But I feel guilty!!!

I am trying to do anything to stop my eating relapses, and I think I have an oral fixation thing going on.... so I want to smoke instead. I smoked a little when I was younger (a little high school a little college), but I really do think it's gross and I don't know if this is OK to do or not. I am not at all addicted.

Ugh ok it's out.

On another totally random and embarrassing note: today I DID do some work in a computer lab for about 4 hours. I was sitting next to a guy who apparently goes to my school, and every once in a while we would have little conversations... like about the computers or about school. (I had never met him before). We probably said all of like 8 sentences to each other.... so after I haven't talked to him for about an hour, I started packing up my things to leave. He was kinda watching me pack up like he was interested in everything I was pulling out of my purse. Ok anyway!! I am adding totally unnecessary details! Well as I got up he goes "hey are you going out tomorrow night to the bar?", which apparently, there is a school event tomorrow... just an organized, social event we can attend if we want to. So I said I didn't know, and he's like "oh, ok.... my name is matt". and shook my hand.

Why am I telling you this story? Because a GUY asked me my NAME in a computer lab. I swear I have felt like I am invisible for the past 5 years. Like no guy that I met actually was interested. In. Me. Me!!!

I'm sure it was a harmless totally friendly thing, and that I'll probably never see the kid again, but I don't care! Someone noticed me! Somebody wants to know if I'm going to a bar!

Hi, have you met me, apparently I'm 12-years old.

I just felt like I had to share and document. Because I want this feeling to last.

Ok, my last note. My winter coat does not fit me when I am eating like sh*t and when I am binge eating and bloated. It only fits me in ketosis. This seems impossible and unlikely, but I swear, it's true. The tightness PERFECTLY borders on my body such that Samantha 195 lbs cannot button the jacket and Samantha 185 pounds CAN button the jacket. While it seems like cruel and unusual punishment for someone who lives in the Chicago, freezing-cold, WINDY CITY-- maybe this is a good thing?

Again, congrats if you made it through the whole thing!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:45 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Before my epiphany yesterday I had cheese in my soup.

So total menu:

B: egg beaters + 85% Choc.
L: small salad + chix salad
D: 1 bowl seafood soup + cheese
S: 1 whey shake

Weight: up 0.4 lbs. Ok seriously. I won't be able to weigh until Monday, and I'm going to work my butt of to reverse this and not get down!!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #230
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Well since I do not have ADHD, I read your long post and will respond!!

I know exactly what you mean about having nothing to do. There have recently been some changes at my job resulting in a lot more down time for me (which explains why I am always posting during the day, at work). It wasn't my fault or anyone else's, just unavoidable changes, but it's pretty depressing sometimes. Basically I need to go back to school, I want to start this summer but don't know if it's going to work out or not, ANYWAY, yes I do consider a busy day enjoyable just because it was busy, which I never used to do. Part of the reason, I think, is because it gives me less time to eat or obsess about eating, so I end up feeling better at the end of the day.

I usually unsubscribe from those "boring" threads, not to be mean, but because if I already know what it's going to say, I feel like I'm wasting time. Which is funny, because obviously I don't have anything better to do if I am checking every 5 minutes, which I sometimes do!

Smoking? You are going to be a doctor, so I'm quite sure you don't need me to tell you what a bad idea that is!!

I am not surprised at all that some guy in the computer lab noticed you. You are very pretty and I'm sure he could also tell what a nice person you are. Are you going to go to the event?

I know what you mean about the jacket too-lately I have had to try on the same clothes over and over-every day they fit different even though my weight has fluctuated by no more than 5 pounds in the past month. It's annoying but I think it also gives me a "warning" when things don't fit right-it's a signal that I need to STOP what I'm doing, even when the scale doesn't tell me that (by now I shouldn't need a "sign", but obviously I do).

Well I am having a pretty good day so far and I hope you do too!!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Oh Daisy you are so wise

I'm not going to go to the bar.... I'm going to go home instead since I am leaving early tomorrow morning to see my Grandma. :blush:

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well!!

I'm doing alright

B: egg beaters + 1/2 normal amount of chox
L: teeny salad w/ chicken salad (it came out to $2.50 in the salad bar!)
D: probably the seafood soup-- I'm going to drain it and rinse it and just have the seafood plain, incase it's the sodium causing the gain.

No dairy!!

I also wanted to add that my skin feels amazing! It wsa super dry last weekend (I did have a few handfuls of almonds which always make my skin dry and itchy). They are really smoothing out and I love the feeling!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:56 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Hey Sam -

I only a a quick sec - just popping in to say HI !!!
I'll check back this aft to put a reply post. Hope you're having a successful day. I'm thinking of you!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls!
Hope all is well. Sam have a fun weekend and maybe helping your Grandma move will burn some extra calories!
Steph, you have a good one too!
My house is a disaster area so this will be my last post today. (We'll see about that.. haha)
I am UP today. 188.4 lbs. But I am HOPING its water weight and not the change in scales (which it probably is the latter...)
Well all, have a great weekend!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys,
I'm back

Sam, I read your ADD post, lol ! I'm really glad that you posted all that you did, because it gives us free reign to post when we might be having a hard moment. I've never belonged to an online group like this before, and it's amazing how cathartic typing out your feelings is! Who would have thought!

I totally know what you mean about not being busy, too. Now that we have a little one, our weekends are spent hanging out at home a lot. I try to get all the housework / laundry . cooking done by Friday so that I can relax with hubby over the weekend, but, sometimes my organization works against me. Since I'm not busy, I end up wandering to the fridge waay too many times. And you know what that means !! Hopefully it will help when things pick up at school. Soon you will be so busy, you'll be praying for downtime!

When I was in university, I had a job at a busy bookstore. It kept me on my feet all dal, walking aorund the store. It doesn't sound like much, but it was the greatest thing because I was MOVING all through my shift. I left there to work at a music store that had next to little traffic, and I thought I was going to DIE. We were constantly looking for things to do to keep us busy. There was a convenience store right beside us, so we'd end up taking a couple breaks a day, picking up slushies & chips, etc. etc., and grazing all day long. Ugh. I don't have to tell you that the pounds just started to pack themselves on.

Oh, BTW, I am officially crowning you the QUEEN OF CHOCOLATE !!! I thought I liked chocolate, but when I met you, I realized you are the true connasseiur (sp?) ! Chocolate in your eggs ?? That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. I can just see you trying to decide what to have for b-fast: "Hmmm.... now how can I possibly fit chocolate into this meal?"
Leave it to you, Sam !!!

I'm glad you wree honest of the smoking. As Linda told me in the KISS thread, being honest in your posts is really about being honest with yourself and facing up to your shortcomings. (Or something along those lines!)
I never really smoked, but I am sure that if I had started I would have become addicted. I find that I have an oral fixation as well. I have always bit my fingernails, and the only time I have nice nails is when my cravings are under control. I won't give a lecture. I just hope that this is something you are able to control, and doesn't hinder your health.

And now about the guy in the computer lab ......
Wow, I can totally relate with you. Now, I've been married for almost 8 years, so I haven't been looking for anyone in a long time.. But, I know that guys also stopped looking at me quite a long time ago, when the weight came on. I can tell. I totally know that 'invisible' feeling that you're talking about. How nice that you got to feel that 'rush' of adrenaline from him checking you out! There's nothing like it! It's so sad to me how none of us seem to see how beautiful we are. (me included) You are a knockout, and most women would wish to look as beautiful as you. But, I'm also starting to feel that feeling of 'coming alive again' as the weight slowly drops off. And as that happens for you, you are going to radiate more & more beauty, from the inside out. I'm going to have to come & chase those men off of you with a stick !!

Well, unlike our dear Courtney, I do not use DS's nap time for mega workouts! Today is Sat - my day off - and I'm going to curl up with my tea & a good book! Oh yeah - welcome Daisy!

Hope all goes with with your grandma & the move this weekend. You're blessed to have family that you are so close to like that.

Later, alligators!

(PS - man, THIS post is so long, you could call it my ADD post!)
Old 04-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

I did pretty well over the weeked--- ate LC, although I still had dairy, chocolate, a little cheese, some walnuts & peanuts.... All in all I stayed on plan even in circumstances when it was hard to do so. I also drank a lot of tea & 2 energy drinks. I was tired :blush:

We'll see if the scale is good to me! I have the keto taste in my mouth but it could always just be bad breath I did have 1 crabcake that was about the size of a 1/2 deck of cards... I'm sure it was breaded, but I don't think it would do damage. If I gained weight this weekend I am going to bet it's just water retention from salty foods & dairy. Fingers crossed!

Today I had an omelette for breakfast, peanuts for lunch (on the road), and dinner will be tuna salad and a green pepper I think?

so glad to be back here!

I was talking about this place when I was with my sister on the car drive home. I was telling her how I have learned SO much from a website. The other day I went into GNC and an eldery woman was looking for SmoothMove tea.... then she asked if the man carried any Senna. Turned out her Dr. told her to get Senna as a natural laxative. The man was like--- what's Senna? No I don't have that--- SO obviously I have to chime in and let them both know that SmoothMove is tea with senna. And then I had to tell her not to have too much or she could cramp up, and not to soak it too long. The man was so impressed he kept asking me questions about products. He wanted to know what things he should order that he doesn't already carry. I have never even taken Senna tea..... it's just this website!!!! I felt like such a smarty!!

Just wanted to share, incase you didn't already know-- I you guys!

Steph-- Thanks for your reply!!!

I thought I would be addicted to cigarettes too, but I'm definitely not. Did not have 1 for the past 3 days. It's something that self controls itself... kinda like drinking? Ok not so much drinking, since if I have 1 drink I will have 4 drinks... but where if you have a few drinks one night you kinda feel gross and won't have alcohol for a while, til that feeling goes away. Especially if you drink way too much!!! Ugh those times are the worst!

When you said you worked in a music store, that got me thinking-- are you very into music?? I really love music-- I collect old records (more for decoration than use) because I love classic rock! I am picturing you in the movie High Fidelity And PS I love John Cusack.

I know the chocolate and egg thing sounds really gross, but truly, it is like french toast without the bread. The way the egg fries in the coconut oil, it even has that soggy bread texture. And it is also kinda like crepes. It just tastes amazing! You have to try it sometime. LOL!!!

I'm glad you can relate to the invisible feeling. It's sad, really.... I think it changes everything in my life. I think back to people I know that I wanted to be like, and they weren't always the most beautiful people, but they carried themselves like they were beautiful. KWIM? Confidence goes a long way! That should be one of our goals (all of us on this board, really). Not just weight loss, but to FEEL GOOD in our skin!!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:37 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Hey Sam & Courtney -

Just popping in to say 'hi'! I don't even have time to read your last post... wish I did! I will the afternoon & then I'll reply.
Make your plans & stick to them today, ladies. You will be soooo glad that you did! We are kicking those pounds away a little at a time!

I'll check back with ya later.

xox
Old 04-16-2007, 08:40 AM   #237
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
I think back to people I know that I wanted to be like, and they weren't always the most beautiful people, but they carried themselves like they were beautiful. KWIM? Confidence goes a long way! That should be one of our goals (all of us on this board, really). Not just weight loss, but to FEEL GOOD in our skin!!
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~Kahlil Gibran

You are beautiful!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymaiz View Post
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~Kahlil Gibran

You are beautiful!
I love this quote!! IF i have room i'm going to put it in my signature! :blush:
Old 04-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #239
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

It is really true.
There have been people that I've thought were beautiful, but when I take an honest look at it, their personalities were the main reason I thought that.
Then there are people who once looked absolutely gorgeous but sure don't look that way anymore (a certain XBF comes to mind)
Old 04-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymaiz View Post
It is really true.
There have been people that I've thought were beautiful, but when I take an honest look at it, their personalities were the main reason I thought that.
Then there are people who once looked absolutely gorgeous but sure don't look that way anymore (a certain XBF comes to mind)
Daisy,
I second you on that one. Esp the XBF thing. I too, have gone thru that loss this year. Its so sad when people reveal who they REALLY are. That is, when they are UGLY on the inside.