Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 06:04 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
and PS weight 187.4 !!! new low for the past few months (though at the beginning of the year I was close to 180, oh well!)
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: courtneyallison1
Stats: 200/187/130 - 5'9", 30 yr. old
WOE: PSMF, K/E with alternating Free Meals
Start Date: Restart Date 7/23/07
Good Morning my Wonderful Friends!

Hey Sam, Stud and Steph!
I am right there with you on the mental note... WHEN I lose my weight I always say... I have a designer jeans fetish. I own over 30 pair. Some of which used to fit me, most of which I have bought to motivate me. I always picture myself in my cute jeans like I used to wear a few years back... BUT I never get far enough in my weight loss to wear them. I will get down enough to go down a size but its not a COMFY fit and I am SO uncomfy wearing them! It SUCKS. I always whip out the jeans and hang them on the wall or somewhere I will see them everyday. THEN I end up getting used to them being there... I forget about them and I get down on my weight loss. I give up knowing that no matter what DH loves me and that's all that should matter, right? WRONG!!! I need to love myself. I need to hang a different pair of jeans every week! MORE IMPORTANTLY I need to keep in touch with my living "jeans" every day. You all. You are my jeans, my skinny clothes, my fire. I need you all to keep me going! Thank god for all of you! You are so inspirational! I am SOOOO happy to have found you all and have you in my life.
So whatever motivates you, keep it going. I personally plan to take an outfit out every week and hang it up so I don't lose focus and say "Ah screw that pair of jeans. They aren't that important to me." I have a whole closet full of skinny clothes. Therefore, I need to change it up but changing out the outfits every week to keep my fire rekindled.

Steph, I too plan to stay in ketosis. No more beer on the weekends. No more free days. I need to be thin more than I need to give in. Hey that should be my new sig. So lets make a pact to stay in there together. We have each others email addys, Sam and Steph, in a moment of weakness lets think of each other. You are the angels on my shoulder! Let's stay accountable to each other and remember that we can all do this together!

Love yas!

Have a great day!

Proud Mommy to Kylie ~ Born 3-17-06 ~ My Avatar = My reason for living!

courtneyallison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

PS Sam,
AWESOME on this weekend, your weight loss and your incredible strength! YOU are an inspiration!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigStud72
Stats: 436/395/250
WOE: My Low-carb Way
Start Date: January 2007 (4th Time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
and PS weight 187.4 !!! new low for the past few months (though at the beginning of the year I was close to 180, oh well!)
Happy dance!

Way to go Sam, keep it going! YOU CAN DO THIS!
BigStud72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyallison1 View Post
PS Sam,
AWESOME on this weekend, your weight loss and your incredible strength! YOU are an inspiration!
By the way Kylie is ADORABLE! You should be so proud!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStud72 View Post
By the way Kylie is ADORABLE! You should be so proud!
Thanks Big Stud! She is so much fun. Such a happy good girl, we are proud! KUTGW, Stud! We can do this!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

OK Sam,
Sooooo here is a little info on Chocolate from Endangered Species Chocolate Bars! Your theory isnt as far fetched as you thought! Chocolate = Increased Blood Flow to the brain and much more! Read below:

Quote:
The Health Benefits of Chocolate
Who thought that chocolate would be healthy? There are constant studies being done all over the world that says just that. Dark Chocolate contains flavanoids that help blood vessels work more smoothly, perhaps reducing the risk of heart disease. Chocolate also acts as a powerful antioxidant, reducing dangerous free radicals at a higher rate than vitamin C or green tea.

For the Body...

With chocolate, higher cocoa content equals more flavonoids. Thus, dark chocolate has the ability to act as a powerful antioxidant.
All-natural foods, like Endangered Species Chocolate products, reduce the amount of toxic chemicals, food additives and colorings ingested. All-natural products contain no genetically modified organisms and increase the amount of beneficial vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and antioxidants consumed.
In addition, researchers coupled studies of platelet function in humans with in vitro studies with highly purified flavonols from cocoa. The results of these studies support that cocoa flavonols may have beneficial effects on platelets and that certain flavonols and flavonol-rich cocoa itself may also reduce the cascade of events that can lead to vascular damage.

For the Heart...

A growing body of research, including a study by the American Heart Association, shows that flavonoids found in chocolate - especially dark chocolate can help blood vessels work more smoothly, inhibit blood clot formation, improve how the body uses insulin and reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol."
A new study suggests chocolate may help repair aging blood vessels in adults.
Two independent studies, one in a healthy elderly population and another in young healthy women, demonstrate that the consumption of flavonol-rich cocoa can increase blood flow to the brain, according to the Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, in a supplement that focuses on the potential health benefits of flavonol-rich cocoa.

For the Soul...

Chocolate also contains a substance called phenylethylamine, which stimulates the nervous system and marginally increases blood pressure and heart rate. The reaction is suspected to closely mimic the feelings when a person is "in love."
At Endangered Species Chocolate, we use only the finest all-natural ingredients to create our exceptionally delicious chocolate. Just as important, we see chocolate as a powerful medium for change by donating 10% of our net profits to help support species, habitat and humanity...it's PASSION WIITH PURPOSE.

Last edited by courtneyallison1; 04-09-2007 at 02:58 PM..
Old 04-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Courtney-- Yes! See, I knew that chocolate made me feel like I was high on something! I didn't know that it is supposed to be a better antioxidant than green tea-- that's incredible! I'm glad I get the very high % one. One good thing about my chocolate is that because it can make me feel jittery I won't allow myself to eat it after 2 or 3pm. I hate not being able to fall asleep. So I am able to control when or how much I eat out of fear that it will mess up my sleep cycles

I'm glad that you find LCF to be motivational, and especially that you find me personally to be motivating! I find you motivating too :blush: I also am trying to watch calories but will keep eating the coconut oil because I think the benefits outweigh the extra calories. I ALSO was in a total brain fog all day today because of benadryl I took last night! Seriously, I could be writing your posts!

About the jeans you hang and then forget about, I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!!! Only with me it isn't jeans, per se, it's other things. For example, my mom will buy me a bracelet and I will tell myself "as long as I am wearing this bracelet I will not cheat, in honor of my mother". Within 3 hours I forget I'm even wearing the bracelet, nonetheless what the bracelet was supposed to STAND FOR!! It's like nothing I did was motivating enough.

And now that I have found a new sense of motivation, I am seeing myself fall into that slightly obsessive weightloss mode. Part of me thinks I overdo it, that I'm too critical about everything I eat and drink, and that I beat myself up too easily. But on the other hand, the first time I lost weight doing LC I was OBSESSIVE. Possibly borderline eating disorder, and I HAD to workout everyday or I felt unwhole and angry. Though it was a bit too much at the time, I WANT to be obsessed like that again. I WANT to push myself as hard as I comfortably can because THAT is the only way I am going to lose weight. I have tried the "eh, I'm going to do this at the rate it happens" and then I stop thinking about what I really should be doing to MAKE it happen.

I want to make it happen this time!!!

No more seconds, no more eating just to eat, no more big salads, no more nuts! Just LC, somewhat lowcal, with a higher % of calories from fat. Fat is my friend! And that's why, Courtney (can I call you court?), that's why I think you should still eat coconut oil. It will make you feel good inside and out Man I'm in love with the stuff!

Steph--You, Me and Courtney (kinda sounds like You Me and Dupree) are going to do this together!! We should start a 3-way emailing system, or just post in eachother's journals like this. Just knowing you guys are watching over me and wanting me to succeed gives me even more motivation to keep pushing myself (like right now, when I want seconds, but WONT get more!).

Stud-- as always, you are TOO kind It's sad when we don't feel like we can go out in public, and actually, one of my biggest fears is that a death/funeral will FORCE me to see all these people from highschool. It is one of my motivating forces, because I think it would be horrible if I had to go to a funeral and mourn the death of someone I loved while secretly (and very selfishly) just thinking about myself and how I look too fat to be at the funeral. But I know I would do just that.... and I don't ever want to be in that situation. So I commend you for holding your head up high and being so motivated by it.

I have me a feeling that tomorrow I will have lost weight Since I just weighed with my clothes on (before dinner) and was 189ish. Hopefully that means tomorrow I will be in the 186s. It's amazing how such a little change can have such a profound effect. It's also amazing how relative everything is. 5 months ago I would have wanted to vomit if I saw I was 186 (when I was 175), and now I am so happy about it! On the same token, when I'm 160 I will be SO SO SO happy, even though when I was GAINING weight like a madwoman, 160 seemed like I was officially morbidly obese.

Oh man, how I wish I could go back in the past and change things, but what can you do about it now?

Just plugging ahead and thinking about how this summer and skinny are going to happen Haha .... I mean, how I'm going to MAKE them happen.

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

You sing it sister! Lets all make it a point to post in each others journals daily to motivate each other. The days that I didnt post I noticed were the days I SCREWED up. So let's go girls!
So far so good. I planned to do Lower Body and an hour of Treadmill work. I so far got in an hour and a half, I just pushed myself to go the extra half hour. After dinner I will do my Upper Body workout instead of lower today since I always seem so sore for the rest of the week after a lower body workout.
I feel great. Not dinner time yet and i am not even hungry.

So then... I had some Orange Blossom Yerba Mate with a tsp of CO mixed in. It was SUPRISINGLY good. So I will make it a point to do that daily so I can get in my CO when I don't feel like taking it plain. It tastes yummy but its a mental thing you know?

So girls, how did we do today? Feel free to check out my journal!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You sing it sister! Lets all make it a point to post in each others journals daily to motivate each other. The days that I didnt post I noticed were the days I SCREWED up. So let's go girls!
So far so good. I planned to do Lower Body and an hour of Treadmill work. I so far got in an hour and a half, I just pushed myself to go the extra half hour. After dinner I will do my Upper Body workout instead of lower today since I always seem so sore for the rest of the week after a lower body workout.
I feel great. Not dinner time yet and i am not even hungry.

So then... I had some Orange Blossom Yerba Mate with a tsp of CO mixed in. It was SUPRISINGLY good. So I will make it a point to do that daily so I can get in my CO when I don't feel like taking it plain. It tastes yummy but its a mental thing you know?

So girls, how did we do today? Feel free to check out my journal!

You got it!!! Also-- how is the Krill oil? I know Mercola loveslovesloves it, but I never ordered it. What does it do for you, same as cod liver oil?

Geez we are so alike! We even weigh the same, LOL. I am going to check your journal everyday so don't forget to post!

Steph-- do you have a journal here?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Hi ladies (& big stud!)

So sorry.... it's late, and I just thought I'd check in quick, and you have been chatting up a storm!!! I promise I will check back tomorrow, as soon as the little one's down for a nap. If I don't go to bed soon, I'll be a wreck tomorrow!

I'm definitely IN! I'm so glad you both are so motivated, because you have me totally psyched now to keep going. April is going to be the month I slip out of the 200's..... haven't been that low since I got engaged. Can't wait !!!

Way to go Sam on your loss !!! Wow, am I ever proud of you. I think both you & Courtney's pics are already beautiful... you guys are going to be STUNNING when you get to goal !

OK - I could chat on here all night. Got to get my butt in bed. Oh, no I don't have a journal. Maybe I will think about starting one .... hmmm.... we'll see. For now I'll just make sure I check in with you guys each day, and if I have a meltdown pm you.

Thanks for the pep talk before bed- I can't wait to face tomorrow !

xox

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

OK Steph! Glad to see you are IN!!! WOO HOO! I was thinking of how great it would be if we all met someday when we got to our goal! We could all get to goal and write in to Woman's World or something cheesy like that and talk about how we motivated each other over the net with thousands of miles between us and we made it! Let's think of the EVEN BIGGER picture! If your mind can conceive it then you can achieve it!
Steph, you CAN and WILL get to 190's this month! I can just FEEL it!

Sam, the Krill Oil... Hmm.... I take so many things that I can't pinpoint anything but I figured if Dr. Mercola loved it so much then I would give it a try. Anything that will help me to have a greater memory in the future is a plus to me since my Dad's side of the fam suffers from Alzheimer's and so on. I know Chlorella is also great for that. BUT I always feel like my mind is foggy due to having so much to do all the time, and all that. I think it is a great supplement though as I have had no side effects and the benefits are worth it in the longer run!

Well ladies! Talk at ya tomorrow! I heart you guys! Night night!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:19 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Steph&Court--

I think you have a great plan, Court!!! I have always wanted to have a "real life" low carb friend! It would be so fun to get to goal together and then meet-- plan some fun excursion somewhere nice

And Steph, YOUR picture is gorgeous! I think the 3 of us would make a cute bunch on the cover of Woman's World (or People, while we're at it ) You are going to be in the 100s very SOON! Remember, it's up to YOU, for the most part, you can do it!

Court-- when I used to see Dr. Mercola I was a supplement nut I drank the chlorella, the probiotics, the cod liver oil, the detoxisodes-- we used to joke that I was his #1 patient. I spent a fortune at that place. There were some things I didn't like about him, though-- one day I'll tell all! The practice began to feel a bit gimmike (sp?), with a lot of super-alternative things going on, and a lot of things you felt you had to buy. I did take his advice though and get my mercury amalgams replaced from my teeth via an amazing dentist he knows. I have also adopted a lot of more natural things (natural toothpaste, deodorant, no perfume), simple things that I can live with. There were some things I just couldn't live with comfortably that he advocates (bed super early, stomaching codliver oil, water filters everywhere). Natural is expensive!

I was 186.6 today, so down .8 from yesterday. I tried to have completely unsweetened chocolate today in place of my 85% and I added some stevia to it. It was SO bitter and disgusting, I could hardly eat any of it! So I had probably about 1.5 eggs and then called it quits. A new form of appetite suppression: eat disgusting and bitter foods!

Anyhow, I'm off to class for a 1/2 day, both you guys are doing M/E, right?? I wish you luck!! Let's aim to lose a lb today! For you guys not in ketosis that should be easy
Old 04-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Woo hoo! That is so awesome that you are down again! I too, am back down from that 3# fluctuation from yesterday morning. I think it was water weight. I am super excited to try this M/E fast with support! I am not getting back on the scale until Friday morning. I know I can do that, right? I have a scale addiction so I HOPE I can!
Steph, don't beat yourself up about last night! Wre are here for you and you can do this! Lean on me... That's what friends are for!

Yeah I know what you mean Sam about Dr. Mercola... I try to implement as much as I can and figure that I am a better person in the long run but to live his lifestyle is virtually IMPOSSIBLE unless you are a complete fanatic. Most of my family and friends already think I am fanatical and I am not even close. You are right, natural IS expensive. So basically if we do what we can then we are better for it in the long run. I do many cleanses, and all that stuff already - I did them prior to him. I need to do another few for my liver, kidneys and to try the candida which I am not sure if I even need. I used Dr. Natura for the Colon and for me it didn't work. They had such great testimonials on their site I thought for sure I would have the same results. Maybe I wasn't as clogged as I had hoped...

Well girls! Lets GO! We will win this battle! SOONER than Later! Summer is right around the corner!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

You guys are tooooooo funny......... Thanks for putting a big smile on my face !!! I had to convince my hubby that I don't have an 'online boyfriend ' -he was wondering who I chat with every night after he heads to bed! lol !

I can't even fathom adding all the supplements that you both are doing. It's all I can do to just cook my bbq chicken & keep the fridge stocked with LC things so that I don't go out & eat junk ! But, I am so thrilled that the changes I have made have seemed to stick for almost 4 months now. That's definitely a new record for me! I know that I couldn't do this alone. Your support gives me the boost that I need each day. Plus, I can't let you guys down! This time I feel likeif I fall off the wagon, I'm going to make you guys fall, too, and that's incentive to keep on going !

This morning I had a half a chicken breast for b-fast, and then a little hamburger cass for lunch. Probably a sausage for dinner. I know I should leave the hamb casserole & sausage, but they are what's in my freezer, and I can't do grocery shopping until Thurs! I know I will still get into ketosis as long as I keep up with the tea, and stop eating after dinner.

I think I'm going to aim to post new pics at the beginning of each month. I'm keeping that in mind, & it has been motivating me today.

Court - I know what you were saying about the jeans !!! I've got soooo many pairs.. it's ridiculous! Funny, it seems like when I get down a size, that's the first thing that I'm so excited to buy. I guess it's the way we live - I live in jeans just about every day! Right now I'm wearing a size 14 pair that I found in my closet about a week ago. When I first bought them, they were really tight, but I squeezed into them & wore them once or twice. When I found them last week, I thought "There's no way they'll fit", and when I put them on, they fit perfectly for the first time !!! Ah, what a
wonderful moment that was!

You ladies just keep on going. (And you too, big Stud! I don't want to leave you out !!) I'm so excited to see how you all do on the 3 day fast! I think it's the kick in the butt that we all needed.

Hugs to you both -----
Old 04-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Oh Sam - I totally forgot to say

[COLOR="Blue"] CONGRATS ON THE 0.8 LOSS !!!!! YAY !!!!! [/COLOR]
Old 04-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Steph!
That is SOOOO great about the jeans! Is that not the best feeling or WHAT?!?!?! How fun! It is so great to have you guys and I am looking forward to weighing in this Friday! I cannot wait. So far I have not gotten on the scale today - GOOD FO' ME!!! You will get there Steph! Just stay focused. Which it seems that you really are! Also, a great way to START adding supplements in is focus on what really matters to you. Say, lean muscle mass or something. Do research on supplements for that topic, say it comes up with CLA. Then incorporate an new supplement once a month until you have what matters to you in your diet. They really do wor wonders. The coconut oil itself helps stop sweet cravings and Yerba Mate tea does the same but it is LOADED with a TON of B and C Vitamins, Calcium and Anti-Oxidants... Just a couple tips...
If you are ever bored, go to www.mercola.com and look at topics he has listed on there that are a concern to you. After all, we are in this to look good, but more importantly to improve the quality and years of our lives!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #198
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: daisymaiz
Stats: pregnant!
WOE: Atkins maintenance, for now
Start Date: will start again after baby!
Hey--I just read your long post from a couple days ago, about going home-
Thank you for posting that. I could identify with a lot of it.

And [COLOR="Magenta"]CONGRATULATIONS[/COLOR], it sounds like you are doing great!!
daisymaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Have I told you guys lately that I you??

When I see new entries posted in my journal and I get so excited! I love having personal messages-- I have been a part of many challenges that just got so cumbersome with so many people it felt like a generic thread. Like I was anonymous!

Court-- how come you won't weigh?? With a 3 lb weight loss last night, I'd think you wanted to weight everyday! That's amazing! Summer IS just around the corner, it's a scary thought!

Steph-- post pics post pics post pics!!! Pretty please! I love seeing pics of people!!! Especially cuuute people Lol. Post them here! I don't really take very many supplements now! Just my meds (thyroid), coconut oil... things like cinnamon, dark chocolate..... I use food instead of supplements for vitamins and such.

Daisy-- thanks! How are you doing? Did today go better than the past few days?

I wore a new pair of jeans today (size 13, stretch), and I felt so good in them that I wore heels and a sweater to school (vs. flats, sweats, etc). I felt like I wasn't retaining any water and everything was just smoother, flatter. I got a compliment from a friend on how my jeans flattered my body&butt... but it totally isn't the jeans It's just my deep ketosis. Just a few days and about 4 lbs, but I feel like I lost 15. I can suck in my tummy better. Best feeling ever! (Let that be motivation guys, the water weight is the worst!!!). I am worried now that my losses will slow. This is usually the point where I get stuck-- where I feel good, I get compliments, I relax a little bit, and then bam... I'm bingeing, up 5 lbs..... with no end in sight.

I'm trying to make minigoals for every week. I know if I don't make them it's ok, life will go on. Any weightloss is good weightloss. But my goal is to try and lose 3 lbs a week until summer I'm pretty fat, so I think that should be possible My goal for Monday is to be 183.... Really, anything closer to the 170s would be grrrrreat!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Sam, I'm proud of you! KUTGW!!!!

All of you ladies, keep at it! I'm happy all of you have found motivation in one another.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Hey Courtney - How did I miss that you lost 3 pounds ?????? I'm sorry !!!!!! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you! I'm surprised, too, that you're able to put the scale away. For some people, weighing everyday is a bad thing. You need to do whatever works for you! My DH weighs every week or so, and constantly gets on my for weighing every day. But, I tell him, it doesn't get me down if I find out I've gained - it makes me step things up to get the weight back off. If I've lost, it really pumps me up to keep going. He's the opposite. If he's gained, he says to himself, "Well I've already blown it - I might as well go eat a Big Mac". Once a week works for him.

Thanks so much for the website info for Dr. Mercola, Court. I'm totally going to check that out. I just bought coconut oil for the first time 2 weeks ago, and I already feel a huge difference in my hair. I've always had really thick shiny hair, but since the baby it's been just so brittle & dry. I've been buying every hair product you can imagine, but they haven't really worked. I can't believe that in 2 weeks my hair feels like it's back to its old self!

I have to confess something -
Weight has been an issue most of my life, so I've always felt self conscious about my looks. The only thing people would comment on was my thick hair. So, I've always made sure that when I go out my hair looks just right. I always figured it was the best thing I had going for me, so I should do the most with it! After the baby, I got my hair cut short & thinned out (I wanted a change), and then my hormones went wacky, and my hair just went haywire. There was nothing I could do to make my hair look good! It was awful. So when I would go out places, I felt just that much MORE self conscious, because not only was I fat, but I had an ugly head of hair! So, I've been growing it out for a year. A few weeks ago I cut off the dead ends & started on the coconut oil... combine that with the 25 pound loss, and I feel like a new woman!!

So, that's my vanity. My hair. Sigh.....

I took some profile pictures last week, so maybe I'll post them with new profiles in a couple weeks... they are just sooo unflattering!

Sam, I'm so glad you got out & strutted your stuff today! That's such an awesome feeling. What a great pick me up it must have been! Heels & all! You are right that small goals are probably best. I think once you reach the first one you will be so pumped that you won't be able to wait to get to the next one. 183 is totally do-able by Monday. Have you considered trying just the M/E ? I know you said that you find the meats bland, and I do too. I use horseradish on roast (0 carbs), and a 0 carb dijon mustard on chicken helps kick up the flavour. Just an idea. I wish I could stay on the M/E longer, but I think I'm just going to use it to kick me back into ketosis, and then I can just follow induction rules.

Well, I've been at the computer for just about a hour now, posting my little heart out! Please pray that I keep my butt in bed & don't have another night eating episode. This time of night is just a killer for me when I'm not back in ketosis yet.

I think it would be so amazing to meet you guys once we've met our goals! How great would that be???? I hope you guys have a great night's sleep. I'll check back tomorrow after I get home from taking Ian swimming!

xox -----
Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Hey Big Stud -
I just saw your BP & Chol stats.... way to go! I can't believe how much they have dropped in such a short time! I wish that I had done a blood workup before I started. Even though I didn't, I can rest assured that my whole body is benefitting from the weight loss, just as yours is.
Keep up the good work!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Hey Stud! You too are more than welcome to join our motivational group! Your story is so motivational, and the more the merrier!

Steph, my fingers are crossed for you tonight! You will make it thru! AND I love your hair. Even in your last pic. It is gorgeous, but more importantly so are you! We all are always too hard on ourselves but you are soooo pretty! KUTGW!!! You will make it! We all will! Especially with each others help!

Sam, AWESOME on your outfit today! How cool! That is so much fun. I took out a couple pair of size 31 jeans and I have them ready to try on - on Friday. I am too Chicken S*** to do it until then. I was going to take my measurements today too as I have been keeping track but I forgot until the end of the day. So I think I will do it first thing in the morning.

ABOUT THE SCALE --- OK now that I have your permission, I will use it whenever I want! I wanted to experiment to see how well the M/E worked but I don't think I can. I really need a new scale. It sucks when DH thinks this one is fine. Its not. We used to have an electronic scale, and it broke. So he thought we should go with the old fashioned one. Its nice, I cannot remember the brand, and we paid upwards of $80 for it a few years back, BUT I step on it one second and it says one thing and then I get off of it and back on and it says something TOTALLY different! He thinks I am being a goofball but I know what I know, MAN. So does anyone have a favorite scale. I know there is no such thing, but if anyone has a preference I would love to hear it!

Well all, tomorrow is another day. I did really well today except I HAD TO HAVE salad at dinner. With everything plugged into ******, my carb count was still only 16 with 6 grams of Fiber. I just don't think I can not have my greens everyday b/c that's how I get a lot of my vitamins and keep regular. (TMI, I know.) So we shall see tomorrow how I did.

Steph, I too use the scale to kick myself in the butt if I go up. I think its a good tool. It's just that everyone on the other thread seems to act like its tabu or something so I thought I would give their way a try.

I got my 90 minutes in of running and my 45 minutes of mainly upper body circuit training. I am going to be so sore tomorrow I tell ya!

I REALLY need to start seeing some results here Dude! I have been busting my butt and I know there is no such thing as immediate weight loss but SERIOUSLY. Come on inner inferno! Start kickin!

Well all, have a great night! Ya's!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:47 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Good morning guys! The little one is still sleping, so I thought I'd steal a few minutes to post!

Court, I think we're taking over Sam's diary !!! ha ha! Oh well... I'm posting anyways! Like I said before, don't worry about the scale. YOU know if it's a detriment to you to weigh daily or not. Do what works for you! I'm not sure if the others want me to post my weight daily or not, so I mentioned it on the other thread. We'll see. It would be hard to keep the losses to myself all week though!!

I have to tell you - you are an absolute insipration with your workouts! I hope that some day I can just do a percentage of what you are doing. It is so hard to find the time, and to get myself motivated to do it! I am sure that you are building up your lean muscle like crazy, and that may be why the scale isn't budging. You hang in there - you are going to be leaner & trimmer than any of us! Don't get discouraged. You are so right to focus on your inner health, and not just the outer, and you are definitely going to reap the benefits of it! And thank you for all the compliments. You too are a gorgeous woman, and you are going to look simply stunning when you get to your goal !

Sam - I hope you have a wonderful day today! I hope you put those jeans back on & strut your stuff again !! You definitely deserve it!

Hey, can I tell you something funny? Last night I weighed my DS, and he weighs 28 pounds. (He's really tall, was almost 24 inches when he was born, and he's the same size as my 3 yr old nephew, and he's just 14 months) People always comment on how big he is, and he's starting to give me back trouble from hauling him around! I realized last night that I've lost as much as her weighs! I thought of that every time I picked him up last night. I CAN"T BELIEVE I was hauling all that extra weight around.. and I STILL AM !!!

Can you just imagine how freeing it will be to get to goal? We'll have to go run a marathon together or something ..... I'm sure we could do it !!

Love you guys..... Have a blessed day !!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Not only do I NOT mind when you "take over" my journal, but I love it!!!!! It makes it super easy to find you guys!

Ok Steph-- your hair DOES look beautiful. How have you been using the coconut-- internally, or externally too on your hair?? Please post more pics !! And you too Court!!

About the scales-- I do the SAME thing. Use it as motivation-- but I love to see it go down EVERYDAY-- it reinforces all the good behaviors! (I'm learning all about reinforcement and punishment right now in school ).

I see no reason why one shouldn't weigh every day. You will KNOW if weighing everyday makes you go crazy, and if it doesn't keep at it! I have been posting my weight every day in the other thread, I didn't even think about it! It's my style and I ain't changing that

I have heard that Tanita scales are great. I've never had one though I don't care so much about the body fat % counts etc., I've heard those can be inaccurate. I just want a good, consistent scale. I have a digital Taylor glass see-thru one, and I like it. It weighs me a little heavier than my parent's 2 scales (they are divorced, not that they each use their own in the same bathroom). That way I think it makes me feel honest, like if anything, I am OVERestimating my weight, which I would prefer to do

You're right that I should do M/E. I'm just so in love with this chocolate, shiritaki noodles, and I bought some celery and green peppers at the store yesterday. I went grocery shopping and made sure not to buy ANY trigger foods. So I bought green peppers instead of yellow or red. I bought grated parmesan instead of a block of cheddar (hard to overeat that parmesan cheese!).... Celery, I don't even like it! But I figured it would have good crunch and make it look like I'm eating more at lunch (in front of my friends). I bought flavored water, but it is organic, unsweetened.... just water and natural fruit oil (0 calories). It's pretty bland but I can add stevia and make it like a diluted fruit juice. And limes! That's all I bought. I was shopping with a friend and we were sharing a cart and when I was pushing it around I didn't want people to think it was *my* stuff in the cart!! Frosted flakes, milk, cookies, jelly beans etc!!! I felt proud when we got to the register and separated our stuff. I hate looking like a fatty with nasty foods in my cart, KWIM?

I'm 186 even today!! So down .6 from yesterday!!! Woowoo. If I slow down tomorrow (lose less than .5), I will go to M/E, because I gotta lose 3 lbs by Monday!! I'll be out of town Sat-Sun, so I'm going to try and be extra strict. I think I'll use my protein shakes as meal replacements. I'm going to pick up my Grandmother from out of town and move her to a nursing home by me. Should be a stressful and sleepless weekend At least I'll get to spend some time with my family (my mom, sister and I are very close).

Court-- if the salad is working for you, power to ya! Somehow, even without many veggies, I have been pretty regular, suprisingly so. How's that for TMI!!! LOL. Whatever, I don't think anything on this website is TMI anymore... periods, poop, sex-- whatever you want to talk about, I'll never be grossed out!

3 pounds overnight is amazing (delayed reaction from a few days ago). I bow down to you--- lately I lose and gain very slowly.... (maybe since i have been candida detoxing?).

SEE another thing in common-- I got a prescription for Nystatin in October or November!! I'm not sure if it has made a difference. I kinda stopped taking it a few weeks ago, along with the metformin, since I went on vacation. I know that's horrible of me I should probably go in for an appointment.

Anyway, I gotta get ready for class. I already missed my 9am because the weather is AWFUL (snow/sleet/rain/cold). ALSO I CANNOT SLEEP.

This is a serious problem!! I cant sleep at all!!!! Yesterday I had chocolate and caffeine late in the day-- today I had chocolate early, and I will not have ANY caffeine today. That's my goal for the day That, and to only do M/E the rest of the day. (This morning is shot with the chocolate!)

Hope you guys are doing well!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Oh- and I did a back-check... 3/30 I was 190.2. So 11 days and 4.2 lbs.

On 3/25 I was probably about 194-195. So I have lost about 8-9 lbs in 16 days!!! I never look at the big picture like that, and I'm thrilled! When I was 190.2 I was IN ketosis, so I don't know WHY I keep thinking that these last few pounds were just water weight. I think losing .6-.8 a day is not water weight, it's fatty mcfatterton weight!

Man, I feel like I've been tooting my own horn so much lately, and I'm SO not like this!! I just feel so great and am in shock as to how easy this is feeling
Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

YAY SAM!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! What a great accomplishment! SEE! You KNOW you can do this! At least we are all in this together! It is SO ok to toot your own horn! GIVE YOURSELF SOME CREDIT GIRL!!! Yo go!

Steph, congrats on your achivement of 28 pounds. What a revalation. That is so awesome. Good job last night too! It is so nice to have this to be accountable to ourselves and each other!

Well I will post more later! I am going to get on the treadmill!

Have a great day! ya's!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YAY SAM!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! What a great accomplishment! SEE! You KNOW you can do this! At least we are all in this together! It is SO ok to toot your own horn! GIVE YOURSELF SOME CREDIT GIRL!!! Yo go!

Steph, congrats on your achivement of 28 pounds. What a revalation. That is so awesome. Good job last night too! It is so nice to have this to be accountable to ourselves and each other!

Well I will post more later! I am going to get on the treadmill!

Have a great day! ya's!

I have a treadmill and maybe one day I'll use it. I prefer the gym b/c with people around me it motivates me to push myself.

And MAYBE I'm not sleeping because I have coconut oil with dinner!!! I didn't even think of it because I am just cooking with it, but sure enough, the past few days I have gotten NO sleep (I'm a zombie now), and I have been having the oil with dinner. I'm not going to have anymore today-- so my 9am coconut oil & chocolate will be the ONLY stimulant I have for the day.

Also, on another too much information idea--- I thought I was really dehydrated lately b/c my pee was very yellow. But NOW I'm thinking that the egg beaters have coloring & vitamin B's added to it, and that's probably what's causing it. I feel better now!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KrystaLyn
Stats: 173.0/164.0/135 (pre-preg 162/135)
Start Date: Post-pregnancy start: 03/02/2011
Hey Samantha, I just wanted to stop in and say great job on the weight loss! KUTGW!
KrystaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystaLyn View Post
Hey Samantha, I just wanted to stop in and say great job on the weight loss! KUTGW!
thanks!! And to you too!!! You are doing amazingly !!!