Old 03-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigStud72
Stats: 436/395/250
WOE: My Low-carb Way
Start Date: January 2007 (4th Time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Aw, thanks! You are doing a great job! I'm trying to workout more, too, it just seems like such an effort. It's all about habit, really, and I'm totally out of the habit. So you've lost 200# before?!? You can do it again! Keep up the good work, and feel free to post here more! I can always use the encouragement and updates
Over the course of the past 3+ years I have lost and gained a TOTAL of 200#, not all at once. Hopefully the following won't bore you

The first time I tried out Atkins was in April of 2004. When I came home from Spring Break I looked at my pics and was just disgusted with myself! A friend had bought the Atkins book and videos and gave them to me. I was highly motivated to try it out as I also had a few golfing buds who had been on the diet and were successful. I started on April 28 with a goal of losing 50# by my birthday on August 28. Well, I lost 50# by July 4 and another 25# by my birthday. That was when I made my first mistake... I said "What the hell... it's my birthday, allow yourself a fun weekend." Long story short, I did and that weekend lasted 6 months and I gained back 40#. After Spring Break in 2005 I decided to try it for a second time as I was going on a cruise the last week of July. I lost 35# by the cruise and made mistake #2... allowing myself to be a glutton on the cruise ship. Man, talk about anything and everything you want at anytime! Needless to say I probably gained 10# that week alone and when I got home I just kept right on sliding for the next 7 months. I gained back all of the 80# I had previously lost, plus gained another 20#. Now we are at February of 2006 and I decided to do the diet again (3rd time is a charm, right?). I knew I was going on a cruise the first week of June and knew that I would have to lose some weight if I was going to walk all over the ship and the ports of call. I dropped about 35# in the next 4 months but this time I stuck to the diet... for at least the first 5 days of the cruise, then I caved in and, yep, you guessed... fell off the wagon again. I decided to get back on the horse for a 4th time on Dec. 30, 2006. I was going to wait until after New Year's, but my friends were like NO! Start it today and I'm glad I did. I had a trip to Las Vegas looming the first week of February and knew that I would be miserable flying and walking the strip if I didn't lose anything. Well, I stuck to the diet like a madman and even gave up BEER! Which is hard for me since I love those tall, golden, creamy, frosty delicious drinks. I stayed on the diet four of the five days I was in Vegas and was very proud of myself. When I got home I joined the local Wellness center and worked out every day for 2 weeks straight with the exception of one day. Unfortunately I haven't worked out in a week now. But I'm happy to say that I have not wavered from the diet at all. There will always be temptations but so far I have not given in to them. I'm going on a New Year's Eve cruise and we leave on December 28. My goal is to be 80# lighter by then. I've still not had a beer this year... I didn't think I could make it this long but it's funny... the longer I go without one the less I want one. Don't get me wrong, I drink plenty of vodka and whiskey!

Anyway, that's where I'm coming from. Hope I didn't bore you to sleep. I wish is both good luck in our "quest" to lose the unwanted pounds. If you ever want to chat, feel free to email me at crimsontidefan72@yahoo.com or if you are on Yahoo you can enter the same email address.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and progress with us all!

I have a new nickname, THE Gutter Stud
1/1/07: 436#, Chol. 232, B/P 154/108
4/2/07: 378#, Chol. 190, B/P 136/92
12/28/07: Goal of 300#

BigStud72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Bigstud-- wow! You have quite a LC history! Can I ask how old you are? I'm just wondering, because my senior year spring break of college (05) I went on a cruise with my friends. Cruises are SO hard for lowcarb. I know a lot of people on this board do it and do fine with them but it takes a lot of willpower!

I think it's important to learn how to get back on track when you fall off. The first time I lost weight on this diet, I went offtrack for my highschool graduation and did not get back on track for months (or years, really).

When you get readdicted to carbs it takes a lot of power to break the addiction. I eat very low carb (sometimes meats only, or even water fast) for the first few days to get back into ketosis ASAP. Eat every few hours. Exercise to burn the glycogen etc.

It sounds like you lose weight pretty quickly, so I know you can do this!! Just keep it up, and don't go offplan for ANYTHING !! And if you do, learn the best way to damage control. If you stay on plan, a miller lite here or there won't kill ya!

Keep me updated with how you're doing!

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Well here's my day in review:

B- whey shake, coconut oil, 1 bar 85% Lindt chocolate Actually I think the caffeine/threomine (? what's it called ?) revs me up and suppresses my appetite!
L- salad + chicken salad, oil, vinegar, too many peas
D- tilapia, tomato sauce, coconut oil.

3 cups of tea. 6 cups water. 4+ miles treadmill (+the mile each way to the gym ).

I think I'm back in ketosis! I'll probably check in the morning, when my urine is more concentrated (gross thought, right? ). I tell you-- the morning pee-- it's the best time to pee on sticks!

How's everyone doing today?

I saw a post in the main lobby of a girl trying to lose 22 pounds in 21 days. I know it IS possible, but wow. If I lose 22 pounds in a month, I would be so frickin' happy . To SEE the 160s, it's been years!! Years, I tell you!! People were giving advice on how she could get there-- and one was about not cheating because it sets you back 2-3 days. I didn't really even CHEAT on Sunday and I was set back 2-3 days. Which sucks. I can't imagine how much a real cheat would have cost me. Does this mean I have to be dairy-free for life (minus my chocolate this morning, )
Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Edwards20
WOE: LC
Hey Samanatha. I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I think you are a beautiful lady and you are an inspiration to me.
Edwards20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards20 View Post
Hey Samanatha. I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I think you are a beautiful lady and you are an inspiration to me.
You are so sweet!! Thank you. :blush:
Old 03-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

I WAS DOING SO WELL!!!!!!!!!!!! Running and doing KISS... then gradually things deteriorate.

I have an exam tomorrow, so was studying all day. (biochem=b*tch)

Breakfast was 3 eggs w/ stevia and cinnamon (yes I make breadless french toast!)
I drank 3 cups of hot tea, 1 LC Red Jak energy drink, 1 lacroix water, and 3 cups iced tea. I needed caffeine because I did not sleep at all last night!!

SO I was peeing all day. Lunch I had chicken with coconut flakes.

LATE lunch I had chef salad (WITH cheese, bacon). I bet you're thinking, so far so good, right?

Dinner I had salad (kinda salty, there was cheese in the dressing). Big salad.

So all day I was craving the 85% lindt chocolate bars and thought it might be a nice pick me up the morning of an exam. It makes me feel jittery and caffeinated and helps me concentrate. So I go to the store just now, and they are OUT of the 85%. So I buy the 62% and 70% because I am determined to get me some chocolate. It is now 10pm and I just ATE 4 squares of the 62% !!!!!!!! That is 20g of sugar. 20!!!!!!!!!! AND it is dark and will probably keep me awake. So not only did I not sleep last night, I'm probably not going to sleep AGAIN tonight. I kept thinking about food last night, and about my exams. I was tossing and turning ALL night. I am broken out, too. (Hmmm is TOM on its way? I had last TOM come 23 days ago!!!)

I am not in a good place. I was determined to make this round of exams go more smoothly and already that isn't happening. And I bet in the morning I am going to want to eat the chocolate. I have 3 single serving of the 70%, one big 70% bar, and the rest of the AMAZING nestle 62% bar (12 more servings, 5g sugar a piece). The worst part is, I already forsee a pigout day, as though it isn't even in my control. As though I couldn't save or throw away the chocolate. As though I am completely powerless over food!!!!!!!

I am surely not in ketosis. And I wanted to take all my exams in ketosis. I wanted to lose weight before my trip next sunday. I wanted my skin to be clean and pretty so I can wear short sleeves and not look like I have a skin disease!!

Quite the debbie-downer of a day. Now I'm off to bed.... where I will just lie awake and think about how thin I *could* have been by summer if I had been sticking to the goals that I made months ago. And I'll think about what I'm going to eat for breakfast because I know I'm going to be ravenous all night, and first thing in the morning. Really, I would rather just water fast through exams next time. This is ridiculous.

Sorry, had to vent!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

I am writing this because I am so f*ing tired of coming back to this very same place. Maybe if I try and REALLY sort out what got me here and how it feels to be here, maybe I can GET OUT.

All in all--- exam week-- always worst week ever. Always over-do things like caffeine, nuts, sugar. Eat 5 meals a day. Binge. Stomach pains. Can't sleep. Bloated like I cannot believe. As in, my calves are so swollen they don't even feel nor look like my own. When I touch them, my skin can hardly even feel the sensation of being touched. It is like I am touching something *else*. You know the feeling when your cheek or lip is numb from being at the dentist, and when you touch it, it feels like this strange skin and not like you are touching yourself? That's how my leg is. I would not be surprised if my calf was 50% larger than normal. I feel like a different person.

I know it could be mental. But honestly, I think I looked like I have gained 20 pounds over the past week. My face looks painfully different. My "loose" jeans are leaving imprints on my stomach. No matter what I do with my hair my face is a moonface and when I smile it seems like my mouth has gotten tiny in comparison to the rest of my face. My clavicle/neck muscles have all but disappeared. I have eaten extraordinary amounts. Painful amounts. Amounts I have not consumed in a long time. I forget to take my medicine, I don't floss as much, I am wearing sweatpants. I CANNOT get up from off the couch because it literally hurts. I thought there was a chance that I ate so much that I would vomit, but the feeling passed after a few minutes.

I am disgusting.

If I fail any of my exams I will be convinced that I could not even think clearly. I feel so painfully tired in my body and my head that it seems like I cannot carry on in any particular direction. (OBviously, I WILL carry on). It just feels like it will take so much effort to break the cycle and get back on track with LCing, and on the same token, it seems like so much effort to carry on the way I have been. The constant runs to the grocery store. The constant stomach pains. The brain fog.

I have been falling back into my old-school binge habits. As in, planning my entire day around food. As in, panic at the thought of not being by food. Lying to people about what I'm doing so I can binge in privacy. Leaving social situations to go binge. Not studying so I can eat myself into oblivion.

This has not, and WILL not get me anywhere that I want to go.

My life is 10 times better when I am in ketosis. I need to get back there.

I am thinking about my summer goals, and the thought of another fat summer makes me sick to my stomach. I'm talking butterflies. I need to lose weight by this summer. I need to be back in the 150s, so I feel like my goals are approachable, and I look more like my "former-self". I am sick of feeling like I am still skinny samantha that is stuck in a different body and different life. I have now spent 6 years being fat. I'm fat samantha now! The only way to know the kind of person I will be when I am thin is to BE THIN. Not this summer, not this year, not this decade, but NOW. This is my entire life. I cannot keep doing this to myself, saying that I am going to change my life and then keep watching myself fail from the sidelines. I am distraught over this. What is wrong with me?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

From another thread:

SOOOO I'm back!! Cancun was lovely, my Mom and I had a really great time. There were no umbrella drinks, but instead there was carbs, sugar, and more carbs. It wasn't binge-ful exactly, but it was gluttonous (sp?) feeling and pretty piggy if you ask me. Usually if I DO indulge I make sure to have protein with it, water, etc. But on my trip, it was like all those things went out the window. I ate carbs on empty stomach, had protein-free meals sometimes (why??) and I am generally unhappy, but accepting of how I ate.

Overview of my trip: weather was great! Saw Chichen-Itza, the mayan ruins, on March 21st. It was their spring equinox and about 50,000 people were there to celebrate the equinox. At 5pm on March 21st, the sun shone on the pyramid to form a snake shadow that appeared as though it was running down the pyramid. The Mayans designed the whole thing so that on the 1 day of the year this shadow would appear. It was very exciting!

We also snorkelled a bunch... even in a cave! We met a couple (in their 40s/50s) from New Jersey and spent the day doing water activities with them. The woman was on the larger side (maybe 250 lbs?), and as it turned out, we were wearing the same wal-mart 1-piece bathing suit. I found this interesting, because it seemed kinda typical-- like the 2 fat girls on the trip bought their fat girl bathing suits at wal-mart in high hopes of covering up their royal fatness. (The suit was a tummy-tuck one with a slight skirt dangling from the bottom. I just found it to be ironic. In that cliche obese kind of way

When we snorkeled in the cave we had to wear wet suits to keep warm. This woman really didn't want to wear one because she was nervous that they wouldn't have her size. After we both put on our big wet suits, my mom was struggling to fit into her (gasp!) extra-small. The lady and I just kept laughing and she was making jokes to me about how WE don't have pity for her in her XS wet suit because we have it much worse and I started to feel kinda bad. I felt bad because I felt like she had suddenly categorized us into the fat-girl group. I don't want to be a fat-girl

All the pictures from the dive showed a huge XL written on the sleeve of my wet suit. Thankfully nobody ordered the pictures (I found them to be frightening and probably would never let another person see them with the huge XL on my sleeve!).

So as you can tell, I DID find a bathing suit that fit. It was a 2X wal-mart one. The 2X makes me a little nervous, so I attribut it to my larger chest-region Hey, whatever helps me sleep better at night, right?

On another, ironic fat-girl note..... upon arriving to the beautiful hotel and our ultra-modern beautiful room-- I stumble into the bathroom and FIND

(you will not believe this)

I find MY SCALE on the floor. I mean MY SCALE. My glass, see-through, Taylor, never-been-seen-anywhere-aside-from-my-bathroom scale. It taunts me. I decide it's a huge omen or sign or SOMETHING trying to tell me to stay on track and keep MY scale in mind, but obviously, I forget all these signs the minute I leave the bathroom and I proceed to put me on some more pounds!!!!

Now after about 3 days of eating super highcarb, bloating up from the heat, and while wearing my clothes midday after a large lunch, I decide---- NOW is the best time to step on the scale.

It reads, 200.2 pounds. 200.2??? Was this a joke??? I remember not too long ago I was out of the 180s, and "CERTAIN" that I would never see them again. Let's not forget that I was certain I wouldn't see the 190s, nonetheless the 200s!!!!!!!!!

Now I'll attribute 8 of these pounds to my clothing, lunch, water retention (PS I am PMSing). But no matter how I figure out the math, I am STILL in the 190s. The 190s!!! I have been backpedaling for months now (since about December) and I'm up about 15-20 pounds. So gross!!!

Now I feel so far away from my goals, my April goals, my summer goals, my 2007 goals, and I don't know what to do or where to start. All I DO know, however, is that I am GOING to start. No matter what. Tomorrow I am shaking this habit and eating clean (or possibly water fasting). Speaking of which, Linda, I think you mentioned something about fasters, and any questions you have I can help you with! The salad could DEFINITELY have caused the stomach problems. The fiber, hard to digest, shock to system.... after a fast I have to reintroduce veggies VERY slowly... starting with cooked easier to digest ones.

Ok, so I have been trying to reasses my goals. Can you guys help me set realistic, attainable goals? I would like to really kick-start my weight loss. Clean up my eating, get back to running. I want to the weight to "fall" of me the way they do on the biggest loser. I wish I could be 150 by July 1st. Then when I went back to school 2 months later I could be 130, my ultimate goal. Do you think 150 is possible? That's 100 days away (about 3.5 months) and probably about 45 lbs.

I feel like I need to shock my routine to just get out of it, KWIM? Like if I try to ease into LC again, I won't. I am going to water fast or KISS or M/E tomorrow. Basically the goal is water fast but if I get super hungry I will eat just plain meats. I have felt SO sick lately and I know in just 1 day I will feel so much better.

Here is what I have noticed while eating highcarb-- heart burn, acne around chin, dry skin, tiredness, puffy face and body (total edema?), gas at times if I have carbs with no protein..... and more extreme moods.

I am so exhausted right now... I can't wait to go to sleep. Oh! And I passed all my exams... don't even know HOW considering I felt like I was on drugs because of all my binge eating... but it's over and I get a clean slate starting Monday.

but enough about me....... SO HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE!!!!???
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 PM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Samantha,

First of all, big . You know what you need to do, you just have a problem doing it, just like me. You are a smart girl (just like me, ha!) and you know more than most about the science behind things. You need to put your knowledge to use, dedicate yourself to this. Do you want to be 200 pounds on July 1st or do you want to be closer to 150?

If necessary (it is currently helping me stay on track), eat the same boring menu every single day. My failure comes from lack of planning/willpower so I tried to eliminate that by eating the same thing every day. Is that a way to eat long-term? Of course not, but for now that is what is working for me.

I don't really have much more advice because the fact is, we are very much alike in our patterns so obviously I struggle with the same things. I wish I knew the answers
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:55 AM   #130
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: daisymaiz
Stats: pregnant!
WOE: Atkins maintenance, for now
Start Date: will start again after baby!

I'm glad you had a good trip. You deserved it.

As you know, I'm in the same boat too, but I agree about keeping your menu simple, even boring, for a while-that works for me when I actually DO it!

I don't know about weight goals either, but summer is still 2 months away, so don't give up on it yet! You might not get to exactly where you had planned to be by summer but there's still time to make noticeable progress before the cute bathing suits are sold out. You seem to be in the right frame of mind now so GO FOR IT!!
daisymaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Kate-- I think you are absolutely right! Whenever I go to whole foods I buy a huge variety of foods-- and things I know I shouldn't even be eating (nuts, yogurt), it's like, I THINK I need to vary what I eat. But really I should just keep things simple. Like only visit produce and the meat department. No huge salad bar visits, no aisles, no dark chocolate.

I am going to simplify what I eat so I get into a good routine.

How is everything going for you, Kate?! Long time no talk! Where ya been :blush:

Daisy-- My summer doesn't really begin for 3 months 2 months seems so daunting! I end school June 16th, which is almost 3 months in terms of days (about 85 days). I know if I really tried I could lose 45 lbs in that time. At the least, I could lose 25 lbs and hit the 160s! That would be amazing, too... I'm trying not to set myself up for total failure, because you're absolutely right.... being CLOSER to my goal is a whole lot better than not being close to my goal.

How are you doing?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
How is everything going for you, Kate?! Long time no talk! Where ya been :blush: :

I'm doing good. I had been struggling with staying on plan but my dh finally started doing it too (we go to Hawaii May 5th) and that helps tremendously!!! I need someone to keep me in line! I also had a dr's appt. on Thursday and she strongly recommended losing 5-10% of my weight to help with conceiving (plus she put me on Clomid ).

It's amazing how fast you lose when you actually do it. I'm already down 3 pounds since yesterday. I am still craving everything in sight so it's definitely a struggle, but I know if I don't do it I will hate every single picture of me from our vacation, and then if I don't get pregnant soon I will wonder if that is the reason.

I know I probably won't look great in a bathing suit this summer, but I am aiming to look better than last year, and maybe even wear a pair of shorts!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
I'm doing good. I had been struggling with staying on plan but my dh finally started doing it too (we go to Hawaii May 5th) and that helps tremendously!!! I need someone to keep me in line! I also had a dr's appt. on Thursday and she strongly recommended losing 5-10% of my weight to help with conceiving (plus she put me on Clomid ).

It's amazing how fast you lose when you actually do it. I'm already down 3 pounds since yesterday. I am still craving everything in sight so it's definitely a struggle, but I know if I don't do it I will hate every single picture of me from our vacation, and then if I don't get pregnant soon I will wonder if that is the reason.

I know I probably won't look great in a bathing suit this summer, but I am aiming to look better than last year, and maybe even wear a pair of shorts!!

HEY You are NOT that far from being able to wear shorts, silly!!! You could wear 'em now! But if you really aren't comfortable, realize that summer is a good 3 months away, and that's a lot of time to lose a lot of pounds. I just got back on track today, too, somehow I managed. So do this with me!!! Try to write in your journal more and report on how you're doing. You can lose 5-10% in no time... .Like you said, it's amazing how quickly you lose when you actually try. By your trip you could be down 12-20 lbs!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:39 PM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Samantha, you have no idea how white and cheesy my thighs have become. My legs have always been more toned than the rest of me, and they don't look too big in pants, but MY GOD they have gotten so dimply over the past year, it's embarrassing!

I bought some tan towels for vacation so I can at least make them a little darker. My whole body needs to lose weight, right now I can't pick out one body part I'm satisfied with. I know that sounds so negative, but it's the truth. I will definitely try to post more in my journal again. I had "unsubscribed" to it awhile ago, guess I need to go bump it out of the abandoned ones
Old 03-25-2007, 07:24 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
Oh Samantha, you have no idea how white and cheesy my thighs have become. My legs have always been more toned than the rest of me, and they don't look too big in pants, but MY GOD they have gotten so dimply over the past year, it's embarrassing!

I bought some tan towels for vacation so I can at least make them a little darker. My whole body needs to lose weight, right now I can't pick out one body part I'm satisfied with. I know that sounds so negative, but it's the truth. I will definitely try to post more in my journal again. I had "unsubscribed" to it awhile ago, guess I need to go bump it out of the abandoned ones
Why would you unsubscribe from your own journal?

Then you can always wear gaucho pants or capris!! My tooshy and thighs are dimply too but I just got back from vacation and I wore a bathing suit with no cover up!!! It's like, the people I was with couldn't care less, so why should I care so much?
Old 03-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Why would you unsubscribe from your own journal?
?

Because I hadn't been posting in it and I'm anal about things. Even my "subscribe" list has to be current. I know, I'm a freak
Old 03-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #137
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Hey cutie!!
Just marking my spot so I can "lurk" *evil laugh*
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Lei-- Haha!

Update: I got my pictures back from my vacation and I look awful and sickly in them. Obese! Honestly, I knew I felt gross and bloated, but I did not realize just how TERRIBLE I looked. Worst pics of me in a while

Oh well, tomorrow is another day, and I have been doing decently well.

Sigh.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Maybe you should put the pics where you see them every morning when you get up as an incentive to make good choices for the day? I have an old skinny pic of me taped to my treadmill so I look at it when I am on it and it really does push me to work harder.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #140
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I have no idea why I am still thinking about this, but they should not put the sizes right on the outside of those wet suits. That's mean.
Sorry for being weird in your journal, but for some reason I keep thinking about that and just had to say it. I feel better now.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymaiz View Post
I have no idea why I am still thinking about this, but they should not put the sizes right on the outside of those wet suits. That's mean.
Sorry for being weird in your journal, but for some reason I keep thinking about that and just had to say it. I feel better now.
Hahaaha that's not weird! It's absolutely true!! I bet a lot of people would not buy that brand--- but I'm sure they just put it there for easier distribution at this snorkeling place?
Old 03-26-2007, 06:30 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

I hate to see you beating yourself up over the recent weight gain. All you can do is get back on that low-carb horse and start over again. You know what you are capable of accomplishing. You still have the entire spring to get ready for summertime! Remain positive and just remember that nothing worthwhile comes easy. You have lots of friends here who support you and want to see you succeed!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:13 AM   #143
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Hahaaha that's not weird! It's absolutely true!! I bet a lot of people would not buy that brand--- but I'm sure they just put it there for easier distribution at this snorkeling place?
I'm sure that's why, and I've never worn a wetsuit before, but I was just thinking....I would NEVER want the size of something I'm wearing posted on the outside-even if it was a smaller size I'd still feel weird, like people would be thinking "how can she think she's a 'medium'-look how tight that is!"
I guess not everyone is that critical of themselves though.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymaiz View Post
I'm sure that's why, and I've never worn a wetsuit before, but I was just thinking....I would NEVER want the size of something I'm wearing posted on the outside-even if it was a smaller size I'd still feel weird, like people would be thinking "how can she think she's a 'medium'-look how tight that is!"
I guess not everyone is that critical of themselves though.
Oh I totally understand! Some jeans have the size printed on a small tag on the bag. Really, it makes me sick!

BigStud-- thanks for the encouragement!

I think I'm going to get my hair colored today-- kinda looking for a fresh motivating start, although today I have been very on plan!

B: whey shake + coconut oil
L: Medium salad + chicken salad
D: ?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:38 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Hey there, how's it going? Did you get your hair colored?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStud72 View Post
Hey there, how's it going? Did you get your hair colored?
I did! It's like a coppery light brown. I like it... I think I'm meant to be a redhead

My eating has been sub-par. Like I haven't gotten the point that I need to simplify and stop eating things like nuts, dark chocolate, dairy etc. I think I do better with less options, and more plain foods. It's hard to change my habits !
Old 03-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #147
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Pssstttttt
Your journal is feeling neglected!!
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Hey Sam,

I decided to pop over & check out your journal. I feel like I was the one who wrote many of the thigns you wrote about! Wow, your story is so much like mine.

I'm encouraged by your enthusiasm, and I hope that you keep posting no matter what. For me the last few months seems to be "lose 3 pounds, gain 2" -- but at least the losses are greaterthan the gains! We WILL accomplish our goals, and it's just beating one craving at a time, & picking ourselves up after each stumble.

Thanks for sharing your story - & Keep posting !

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I did! It's like a coppery light brown. I like it... I think I'm meant to be a redhead

My eating has been sub-par. Like I haven't gotten the point that I need to simplify and stop eating things like nuts, dark chocolate, dairy etc. I think I do better with less options, and more plain foods. It's hard to change my habits !
I love redheads, LOL. Hope you are doing well. I understand completely about less options. Just keep it simple and you will do fine. Looks like you have plenty of friends here who want to see you succeed!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Lei-- Thanks for getting me back here!!

Steph-- I'm glad you could find things to relate to in my journal!! I often feel like nobody in my "real" life understands what I'm going through, so I find this board to be amazing. You guys GET IT!! And I'm glad you feel that way too, KWIM?

Stud-- Yeah, what is it about redheads?? I am loving it already. I look in the mirror and feel better. About eating more simply, do you think I should finish the "less simple" foods I have in my apartment, or just let them sit there? I have 1 bar of 85% dark chocolate, which I don't really get addicted to. Plus about 8 bags of shiritaki noodles, LC pasta sauce... should I keep eating these foods in small quantities or get very strict right away?

And how are YOU doing?! Your stats look great.

I am in ketosis (finally) and was 190.2 today. I was kinda disappointed because I thought for sure I would break into the 180's. But I'm sure if I try by tomorrow I can be in the 180s again. Monday I have a big dinner to go to with a lot of family and family friends, and I want to look good. I know, only 3 days away, not much I can do, right?