Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:34 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aldiana
Stats: 310/249/160
WOE: modified Atkins / lower carb
Start Date: 2/17/04 and restart on 7/10/06
Good to see you back! I was getting nervous! and whether or not you are on plan, keep coming here. I know you will be ok eventually. I think it's some internal switch that has to flip before we are truely ready.

I'll post a bit more about it in my own journal...

*HUGGLES*

lori
Aldiana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2006, 07:42 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldiana
Good to see you back! I was getting nervous! and whether or not you are on plan, keep coming here. I know you will be ok eventually. I think it's some internal switch that has to flip before we are truely ready.

I'll post a bit more about it in my own journal...

*HUGGLES*

lori
Awww "Huggles" is too cute! I'm not really on plan... not really weighing, trying to keep up with water and some exercise. Birthday week is in full swing.... had a 1/2 bottle of wine last night and I thought I'd fall asleep at 8pm (though I still had a comedy show at 9:30). It was a real struggle to stay awake ! I've been eating off plan, but shockingly, not really bingeing or overeating. It seems like once I go off plan, the first few days I am in ravenous binge mode, then the next few days I am so over food I want to not eat anything, and I'll eat smaller portions of (still crappy) food. My mom asked if we could do dinner next weekend to celebrate and I told her I was sick of celebrating with food and I wanted to do something different, so instead we may go see a play (like Wicked) or go somewhere outdoors. I would so much rather do that than gorge myself, or just eat out period. I don't do well with restaurants and staying on plan, and it's completely my fault. Every restaurant CAN cater to lowcarbers, it's just ME who chooses to make bad choices.

Wednesday I am getting back on plan... I need to lose serious weight before school, and I have 6-7 weeks to do so.... how many pounds do you think I could lose by then? I like hearing motivating answers.

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Warning........tough love ahead, turn back now if you don't want to hear it:

In 6-7 weeks I think you could lose 15-25 lbs. BUT you have got to get on track and stay on track. It seems like lately you have been sort of plan, sort of off plan. The days you are most on plan, you are still eating too many carbs (i.e. huge salads). If you stay at or below induction level carbs, you and I both know you will be hugely successful in 6-7 weeks. But if you have days with carbs around 30-90, your weight loss will be more likely 10-15 pounds, max. Come on girl, I know you want it so go get it, don't let anyone or anything (celebrations included) stop you! Sorry for the tough love, but I want to see you succeed!!!!!!
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:39 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mmam5
Stats: 150/132 Healthy, 5'4" 45
WOE: UnProcessed please :)
I agree with Kate!

You can do this Samantha... I've seen you at Make-It-Fast ... What is it that you truly want? From a health standpoint, you know that even just losing 10-15 and keeping it off will make you that much healthier - which will make a happier you!

You can still Celebrate with your friends... but make that your 1-meal of the day, drink more water, etc. etc. You know what to do!!! And We know you can do it!

ps..
mmam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:41 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

pleeeeeeease

I seriously need the TOUGH-love kick in the ass conversation. You guys are all so absolutely right.... why is it so much easier to see what needs to be done from an outside perspective? Like, if my friend was in the same position that I'm in asked for advice, I would give her the greatest, most useful advice ever.

But when it's myself and my own situation, GACK! the excuses flow, I'm totally confused...

There is absolutely NO reason that I should be unable to stay on plan throughout my birthday. Because of that, I am getting back on track TODAY (not tomorrow, not wednesday), because tomorrow is my bday and I think I've gained 8 pounds in the past 3 weeks.

I'm upping my water today, I'm not even hungry so I'll have a protein shake now and then a LC dinner with 1-2 Miller Lites.

I'm going to work my butt off for this. I am going to stop trying to whiddle down my carbs and start again from the bottom up (know what I mean?). I am going to post my weight everyday (starting wednesday! let me just lose some water first? )

I you guys!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:46 AM   #66
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: GRAN4
Stats: restart 2/20/10@264.2/248.2/165
WOE: Atkins/M & E
Start Date: Restart Feb 20, 2010 (5th time)
[SIZE=3[COLOR=Magenta]]I am getting back on track TODAY[/COLOR][/SIZE]

GOOD FOR YOU,SAM!!
I think you've already made the first step in your new commitment to yourself by telling your Mom you wanted to do something besides "eat out" for your BD. Way to go girl!!
Don't let anything stand in your way. You've flipped that switch that Aldiana spoke of; now keep the light burning and don't turn it off!
In 6-7 weeks I'll bet you can see 155 to 160 looking back up at you from that scale!
GRAN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:32 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoelattegurl
Stats: 255/209/175
WOE: 17 Day Diet
Start Date: 10/30/2011
Samantha! Hope you have a great day!!
shoelattegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:56 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Happy bday to you
Happy bday to you
Happy BIRTHDAY Dear Samanthaaaaaaaaaaa
Happy bday to you!!!!!!![/COLOR]

Old 07-26-2006, 07:17 AM   #69

Gallery: not again
Hey girl, sorry I missed your b-day, I thought it was today!

Hope you had fun, even if you did cheat....
So I was thinking...the fear you have of seeing people you know is something I can relate to 100%....try to turn it into a fear of gaining more weight, that helped me...you can lose the weight, its not impossible, its just a matter of actually doing it ya know?
I read the part about howw your sister left u in your room to cry which made me tear up for you since I know it made you feel worse. The truth is that unless someone has gone through weight gain after being a normal weight - they dont know how depressing it really is, and they dont understand...I had tried over and over to get down to at least 150 when I was at 170 but it never happened. I was always like: "I wonder if I can make it this time" ...that set me up for failure. Instead of that believe in yourself enough to KNOW you will lose...I know how you are feeling Ive been there, but really, you cant depend on anyone else, you have to do it on your own. If you go out to dinner you have to bring your will power. Do the diet the right way (you know what you have to do). If you know you are going to not be able to resist if you go out - just dont go - say you're sick! You have to be consistent or you wont lose! Don't start tommorow - start right this minute! And by the way, I am not going to stop nagging you until you reach goal so u better get crackin'! Talk to you soon!!!!

Last edited by not again; 07-26-2006 at 07:47 AM..
not again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

thank you thank you!

LOL, you guys are too kind!

Thanks for the Bday wishes.... ended up having a great day and night. I did have some mexican and some ice cream for dessert. I just went out with my Mom, and we had SO many leftovers, so she was going to bring it all home and I told her not to. I explained to her that after my Bday I'm getting back on track with my eating and I'd appreciate not having the food in the house. We ended up bringing home 2 boxes, 1 of food for my mom at lunch, and 1 for whoever else in the house wanted to eat it (just not me ).

The second we walked in the door, my doggie KNOCKED the boxes to the ground, and DEVOURED the entire box of food for anyone. Thank god! My mom and I interpreted it as some weird sign saying it wasn't meant to be in the house after all, and her tacos were still ok and she brought them to work. It was very funny in the end. Also, my telling her about my plan was good. We don't normally talk about things like that (except when she has a confrontation/intervention, worst ever!) so I feel like it was a step. If other people around me are aware of my intentions, then maybe I won't have to LIE to get out of social obligations. It's a lot easier to stay on plan when other people know you are trying to, and they are watching you, and they are encouraging you.

Last night I had a "fat" dream.... I have 2 kinds of weight-related dreams.

1) the fat dream-- I am in public, my high school is there, my best friends and ex-boyfriends are there. I feel fat and ashamed. I hide. People whisper about me. Nobody recognizes me. I avoid talking to people and I run away.

2) the not-too-fat dream -- I am in public, see people who haven't seen me fat, but I've either recently lost a ton of weight and I'm thin and confident, or I'm still overweight but not grossly, and I feel confident, and people gravitate towards me and I'm happy.

Last night in my fat dream I didn't go to my best-friend's wedding because I knew people from high school would be there. I was wearing the dress around and everything, I kept crying to people and saying what a horrible selfish person I was for not going, and that I was a bridesmaid, too.

Isn't that just awful??? It's a sign, I'm not continuing down this path... whether it's a wedding or a night at the bar, I am going to be CONFIDENT and I am going to lose enough weight to feel good about myself.

My goals at the beginning of my journal never happened (let's just say, I'm higher than my starting point, instead of 15 pounds lower). I'm going to need to reevaluate my mini-goals.

Mini-goal #1 Be in Ketosis by Friday or Saturday morning, depending on how long it takes me.

If I lost even just 20 pounds and was still 25 away from goal, I'd be much happier. Mini-steps!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I just posted this elsewhere, but I just wanted to say, Minigoal met extemely early!!

Ok... this is so weird.... I just had a bday and totally took the week off from LC. It was so gross, I am totally carbed up, bloated... and very ready to get back on track.

So yesterday is my first day of clean eating and I ate 0 carbs (I like 2-3 days of M/E or water fasting to get back into ketosis quickly) and today I'm already in ketosis! I had the taste in my mouth and I thought, no possible way! So I used a ketostick and it was medium pink... I'm definitely in it. I didn't workout yesterday and Tuesday night I was 100% carbed up, if that's even an expression

Has anyone gotten into ketosis that quickly? Does it say something about my metabolism, insulin, etc? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Just wondering about the physiology of it all...
Old 07-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Samantha . . . Maybe you didn't eat off plan as bad as you thought you did... sometimes I get there fairly quick also... then I have to ban myself from rechecking every couple of hours!! Maybe your body is in tune with your brain and you're ready to commit!!

Either way - take it and run! YOU Can do this !!!

ps - Hope your dog didn't get sick... Those signs are hard not to pay attention to aren't they!?!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoelattegurl
Stats: 255/209/175
WOE: 17 Day Diet
Start Date: 10/30/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42
Ok, I just posted this elsewhere, but I just wanted to say, Minigoal met extemely early!!

Ok... this is so weird.... I just had a bday and totally took the week off from LC. It was so gross, I am totally carbed up, bloated... and very ready to get back on track.

So yesterday is my first day of clean eating and I ate 0 carbs (I like 2-3 days of M/E or water fasting to get back into ketosis quickly) and today I'm already in ketosis! I had the taste in my mouth and I thought, no possible way! So I used a ketostick and it was medium pink... I'm definitely in it. I didn't workout yesterday and Tuesday night I was 100% carbed up, if that's even an expression

Has anyone gotten into ketosis that quickly? Does it say something about my metabolism, insulin, etc? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Just wondering about the physiology of it all...
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but it could be the excess fat of what you ate that is registering on the sticks. Do you eat lean meats on M/E? I know some who do, and some who dont. If you are eating bacon and red meat, im sure that might register on the sticks right away. On the other hand, I too have noticed that if I am in the dark purple area consistently, and then I happen to fall off the wagon and cheat, that night ill be out of the dark purple area. BUT, when I go back to low carb, I quickly get back into the purple area within 1 or 2 days. So I guess I can't be 100% on what causes it actually! Just wanted to give you me experiences to help you out!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

It all depends on how much glycogen you had stored up in your liver. If you were as carbed up as you think you were, maybe shoelatte is right and it's excess dietary fat. But you did mention the weird taste in your mouth so it sounds promising!

I am usually back in ketosis in about 48 hours or so.

By the way, I totally meant to say the other day but just plain forgot . I'm sorry!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:41 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the responses guys!

Ok... the whole ketosis, dietary fat, glycogen thing, here's my take:

If you register ANY ketones in urine, you are in ketosis. Period. You may not lose weight if your fat is too high. Then the ketones are resulting from your eaten fat being too high for your body to start using your stored fat. Either way, you're burning fat. You only burn fat when you aren't burning sugar, since sugar is easier to breakdown for energy. If you have all of your glycogen reserves intact, you will NOT burn your dietary fat before using those reserves. You would STORE that fat, and burn the sugar you ate, or the glycogen you had reserved.

When people say "your ketone strips could be registering dietary fat", that's true, but misleading. Any normal person that eats a lot of dietary fat and a lot of carbs will NEVER register in ketosis! Unless they're diabetic, and using the fat reserves even though there is sugar present...... Just an fyi Kinda confusing, I know... but I taste it and I feel it and I just wanted to clarify, hope it helps.

Another good day, I feel SO much better... I know I'm losing so much water weight, I can't stop peeing!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

And thanks for the bday wishes Kate! I hope you're doing well... and ya know, if you need to talk or need a kick in the booty, you can always email me! I hope you're feeling better and doing well.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #77
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hi Sam, Been away for a few days and I'm soooo glad to see how well you're doing and, even better, how fantastic your attitude is!!!! Keep this up and everyone will be jealous of how great you look at reunion!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:52 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

How's it goin' girl? We need an update!!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:30 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

I know, where I have been, right?! It's like, if I don't see my journal on my "user control panel" for recently posted on, I don't think to write in it !

Well, I'm doing great! I did a water fast a few days ago, for 3 days. I've eaten the past few days, and doing well. I know how against fasting people are, but it really got me over a hurdle. I was in ketosis after ONE day (like I posted before), and I've been in ketosis ever since. It renews my motivation to this WOL, and makes me crave meat as opposed to giant salads, or nuts, or cheese (i.e. low carb foods that can get very high carb, so I keep eating high carb pretending I'm on a low carb diet )

I'm around 181 now, maybe 180, if I'm a very lucky girl

Like you, Kate, I know I need to modify my goals to make them seem less daunting. I had originally put 125 as my goal, and in all honesty, I haven't weighed that much since before puberty (I think). I was 125 when I was about 15, so does that count as a good weight for me? At 16-17 I was 145, and at 18 I got down to 130. I think 130/140 is my personal best, that's why I changed my goal... I don't need to be super skinny... yet

So I still want to lose 20-25 lbs in the next 5 weeks before I start school... am I nuts ? I've been really ontop of what I eat and I need to start working out. Why is it so hard for me to start working out?!
Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Same reason as it is for me! It's hot and it's summer let's go Play!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:00 AM   #81
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Glad you're still on plan, Sam and going down.....you're going to make it!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

How are you doing? We need an update again!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate78526
How are you doing? We need an update again!

My goodness... I'm HORRIBLE with the updates!!!!

Well, since I got back on track July 26th I have been SO good. I had lost about 9 lbs in the first week of induction. Lately, I haven't gone this long (about 2 weeks) without having a breakdown, so I feel so great. I have been in ketosis the whole time, medium to deep. One problem, I weigh more than I did last week... TOM is coming in a few days (my chest is super sore, TMI?) and I am like a puffy balloon.

I have been gaining weight since Friday and I was in deep ketosis and NOT overeating at all.... now I'm at 184/185!!! How much of this weight could really just be water weight, AND does this mean I haven't been losing weight the whole time I was in ketosis (180.6 was the lowest before I started gaining). Do you know what I mean? Is it possible to have a 10 pounds WOOSH b/c that's really where I think I SHOULD be at now.

Aw okay, I'm just bumming out since I wanted to lose weight before I move (2 weeks) and start school (4 weeks) and I'm working my a$s off and instead I'm gaining weight. Like c'mon, throw me a frickin' bone here!

Wow I really went crazy with the BOLDS there...
Old 08-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

If you feel puffy then you are definitely retaining water. That should go away once TOM comes and goes. Have you been watching your sodium and drinking extra water? Are you "backed up?"

Post a typical menu, sometimes we don't see "stallers" like someone who can be objective.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Oy! I haven't been recording the past few days... but I'll start tomorrow so I can better correlate my weight/food. I guess I just figured, how could you gain 5 pounds when in deep ketosis, period... but that's a great idea, Kate. I can't believe tomorrow is the More Fabulous Me 1 month weigh in and I'm going to be hardly down anything! How are yoooooooou doin? I should post that in your journal, but really, feel free to reply here! So funny about your dog being pregnant, you better post pics!
Old 08-13-2006, 07:18 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Ok... water retention going down... and almost back in the 170s! (0.5 lbs away)....
Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

OK I'm going to try and update better.... and since Sunday night is a slow night for LCF, I'll just go ahead and talk to myself! :blush:

I'm almost back in the 170s, today I was 180.4. On Sundays (1 day a week) I try to increase calories and carbs a little.... with a salad, avocado, some nuts, dairy if I really want it. So today I did that, minus the dairy, so tomorrow I may not lose any, but hopefully this will help keep me on track and not feeling deprived. It's the only way I can eat that chix pecan salad I love so dearly without overdoing it and without feeling guilty. So far it's been working, and I'm still in medium-deep ketosis.

****WARNING: Disgustingly graphic material ahead !!!******

So I saw myself naked today after I showered, and it made me sick. I am so disgusting. I was hangy and dimply and pale and wrinkly and saggy and I seriously made myself sick and wanted to burst out crying. I don't get it.... I've lost 20 pounds, I'm not grossly obsese, I looked normal at 150, and at 180 I am like this sick disgusting creature. Ok, maybe I'm being harsh on myself, but it was this super reality check and it was something I hadn't experienced in a while. Trust me when I tell you, I do not look good. I feel worse looking than I did a few months ago at the same weight?!? I'm going to try and keep up with my dry skin brushing, exercise, and low carb. I'm glad I've lost the TOM water weight, but I need something more than that. I've made it almost 3 weeks with no cheats and without leaving ketosis. I've lost almost 10 pounds, and I still feel dissatisfied.

Here are some mini-goals to try and look forward to something. I can't believe I'm going to start school (Sep 6th) fat again!!! I promised myself that I wouldn't be here... I pretty much told myself I'd have to be thin by school or I would die or something, I don't know what I was thinking... but now I'm feeling that sense of failure.

Here are goals:

August 14th: 180
August 21st: 176
August 28th: 173
September 4th: 170 (start orientation at 167-169, Sep 6th)
September 11th: 166 (first day of class, 165 optimal)
September 18th: 163
September 25th: 160 (Sep 26th = daddy's bday... cmon 159?)
October 2nd: 157
October 9th: 154
October 16th: 151
October 23rd: 148
October 30th: 145 (would love 143 for the big halloween)
November 6th: 142
November 13th: 139
November 20th: 136
November 27th: 133
December 4th: 130
December 11th: 128
December 18th: 126
December 25th: 124 (a super-svelte christmas coming my way?)
January 1st: 123 (a perhaps crazy goal? new years resolution: MAINTAIN it!)

That's 20 weeks (? i think, can I count ok?) 57-55 lbs lost, so average 3 a week.... Tell me I'm not setting ridiculous goals. Tell me I can do this. Some weeks I know it'll be less, some weeks maybe more... but overall I think I could average 2-3 lb weightloss/week. Now that I'm really in ketosis mode I feel like I could go forever. I hardly have ketobreath anymore, it's become a faded different kind of taste, and its not vile or anything. I'm really getting used to this! I love this feeling.

So I'm starting school in a few weeks, the 6th of September, and when I interviewed at the school, I remember this: a current student was joking about how during welcome week you will eat more pizza than you did your entire life. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every meeting, ever lunch (we have all day orientations) is going to be pizza, or something else carby, I'm sure. When I interviewed there they had turkey sandwiches on wheat bread and I ate it though I didn't want to, and it didn't even knock me out of ketosis. Hopefully I'll luck out with that again. On the second day look they had pizza, and I picked at it, and cut it up as though I was a freakin anorexic, to make it look like I was eating it. I had a bite and I made sure to have more sausage and cheese than anything else.... and again, I stayed in ketosis and didn't go nuts. I guess if worse comes to worse that will be the plan. I just hate the idea of

1) eating something carby when I'm not even CRAVING it
2) knocking myself out of ketosis and increasing cravings
3) having a hard time getting back on track, or worse:
4) Having all my new medschool friends know I'm on a "diet" and won't eat pizza. I hate drawing attention to myself about food/weight related things.

The good thing is that I'll be living on my own and will have less eating engagements with others, so I think I'll have an easier time in general eating the foods I want to eat. Okay, just venting. Adios.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:37 AM   #88
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hi Sam, looks like you've got your plan all laid out and are ready to go! Sam, You DESERVE to be thin and svelte.....don't let it go!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Your plan looks amazing ....much better thought out and more detailed than mine! I just go one day at a time and keep the good foods handy.
So, you have three weeks to orientation and you started induction yesterday? In three weeks I'll bet you can lose 15 lbs.......keep your spirits up, we're all pulling for you!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

I am having the most horrible life right now!!! (hence why I am MIA from LCF)

My orientation for medschool started... all my meals are provided for me and they are OFF plan. Normally subs or wraps w/ chips... and I skip the chips and eat the crap they give me anyway. Honestly, I don't feel like I have a choice.

The days are long and awful, just for orientation! And everday I am away from home for the whole day and night and I just want to lie down and rest and eat my normal food.

Every night there are bar socials to get to know other students, and tonight while I was there, my sister calls to tell me that my grandma had a stroke!! So now I'm not only miserable but I'm sad, and tomorrow my family is going to visit my grandma 3 hours away and I have to STAY HERE b/c tomorrow is my friCKING white coat ceremony for medical school. Apparently very important, and my Dad will be there. This is truly horrible timing. The worst part is my Grandma was just here about 1-2 weeks ago and I showed her my new apartment and she kept doing some strange things. Now I'm wondering if they were signs of the stroke to come, and me, Miss Future F*king Medical Doctor didn't even pay attention to them and just casually thought she was getting old. Jesus I am so upset right now!! I know this isn't really weight related, but in addition to all the junk going on, here are my weight related and other gripes:

10. All girls in medical school are skinny.
9. I am the 3rd or 4th fattest girl in my class, which has 140 people.
8. I'm afraid all the guys I'm meeting won't be attracted to me and I'll be a spinster until i die.
7. Eating like junk has made me feel sick, and I think I really will be sick, my throat is on fire.
6. I don't have control over what I'm eating for lunch everyday, and to bring my own lunch would make me even more miserable by making me feel like a total outcast.
5. I got measured for my white coat infront of other ppl and I was bigger than all the other girls (they were S and XS, I was a 42... not even a Medium... they needed a number to show just how large I was. But isn't 42 a medium?)
4. I am going to get my period in 3-4 days, I am basing this on HOW SORE MY CHEST IS (I'm pretty sure they could fall off)
3. My KNEES hurt b/c the first day of school (FIRST DAY) I FELL infront of my fellow classmates and bruised my knees. I swear it was straight out of the movie "Never Been Kissed". Please, just call me Josie Grossie from now on.
2. The AC unit in my apartment freezes over when on for more than 2 hours. This means, I can go to bed comfy and wake up sweaty, or I can go to bed sweaty and toss and turn until I cant take it anymore, then put the AC on and get 2 hours of sleep. Is this a normal thing to happen?
1. I am so far away from my weight goals and I feel exasperated, desperate and angry. I am probably 186 right now. I want to cry.

Hope this was uplifting enough for those of you that had the misfortune to read it!!
Old 09-08-2006, 04:38 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think you covered almost every emotion!!! Isn't the first month of school hard no matter how well everyone thinks it's supposed to go?

Really sorry to hear about your grandma, but glad you had some quality time with her when she came to visit.

Maybe just give yourself permission to get thru the first month off plan, get in the school groove, get thru the next couple of weeks with your family situation and then make a plan that figures in with your school plans... That way you won't be too hard on yourself, you can focus on school - which we all know you'll do awesome at, and in a few weeks/month things should look more positive.

That dang TOM showing up will really cut into your emotions also

Hang in there Samantha! You're in our prayers!!

My ******!