Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2006, 12:40 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Pssst....Alene, I've got a question. Since we restarted Atkins at about the same time I feel like we're both kinda 'freshmen' on this board...what the heck is *******? I've gotten the jist that it's some kinda of low calorie/low carb/low fat diet but is this something that 'Kimmer' made up on her own or is this a legitmate diet? There's like 5,000+ posts on that 'Ask Kimmer' thread and I don't feel like scanning through it all....what do you think of this ******* phenomenia?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chakwaina37
Stats: One day at a time
WOE: Low carb, suger free
Start Date: On and off since 2006
Amber- Thanks and your welcome as well, i pop in on your journal daily to see how things are going with you and your an insperation for me.

Today has been a good day, went out walking around wif hubby in town a bit was nice to get out and away from here. Did a bit of grocery shopping. The weather is awesome today no wind finally. Will check back in laters
chakwaina37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Okay 15 min on treadmill, 10 min on bike, 1 min on stair stepper that 1 min was awful hard those stair steppers are to hard for me right yet.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Amber Im not real sure about the kimmer thing, I havent looked into it really. yep I feel like a freshman on this board , kinda weird , Tryin to fit in.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Okay now this is depressing, stepped on scale and it says i gained 5 pounds so hubby was baffled as I was too. He got on it and said your scale is not working, so we went and bought a new one, so who knows what I started at hes thinkin 325 and new scale says 315 so were starting weight amounts all over agian. So lets see what next week says. I still want to cry.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Woke up and decided to step on scale to see were I was from the am weight, 311.5. So I will go with it and wait till next saturday morning to weight agian, gotta stop torturing myself with that scale. I did do my measurments and lost a few inches so i should be thankful for that. Iam proud of myself for staying cheat free considering my family has junk food around and I am not really bothered by it. Thats a goal all in its self. Will go down and do my treadmill and bike excersize this evening.

B-2pouched eggs 1 lean hamburger patty, classic orange crystal light

L- Tuna w/ 1 tbsp mayo on 2 celery stalks, 20 oz water

D-1 lean hamburger patty
2 stalks celery
Small cucumber
5 med radishes
4 Tblsp french onion dip
20oz water

Weight

Restart
3/22/2011= 336
3/27/2011= 329
Old 06-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakwaina37
Okay now this is depressing, stepped on scale and it says i gained 5 pounds so hubby was baffled as I was too. He got on it and said your scale is not working, so we went and bought a new one, so who knows what I started at hes thinkin 325 and new scale says 315 so were starting weight amounts all over agian. So lets see what next week says. I still want to cry.
I'm so sorry about your scale problem- I'd want to cry too! Try to focus on those inches you have lost- that is REAL! And I do believe that you have lost weight-but tricky to know how much! Well, look on the bright side- you may have lost MORE than just 5 pounds- huh? You're doing great- I think I'd go out and buy some chocolate after that happened to me- but you're sticking to it like a trooper- I'm proud of you!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Well first weekday my son has been out of school, my my he is grumpy and mad at me for not taking him somewhere. I asked him just were does he suggest us go with no way to get there . So hes not a happy kid with me. Some days i would not even dream of taking him anywhere due to his mouth with me. respect my child respect will get you alot further then additude. . I have sent several emails out to my SS but dont know if she has received them yet. I have not received anything either way. .
I had a low carb tortilla with low carb peanut butter on it for breakfast that was a nice change. for lunch I had hamburger alfredo over dreamfields. For dinner I plan to have chicken tenders on the grill with cucumber slices, celery sticks and zucchini. got me change it up every so often so I dont get bored, and to figure out what my body can have and still lose. I have told family that there meals are up to them and i will make mine. I focus on me and they focus on them. lets see how long that last for them huh. So far there handleing there own fine. My last time doing this I think thats what made it even harder was cooking 2 seperate meals. got burned out quick. maybe one day they will eat LC as well. keep telling hubby it wouldnt hurt them at all. I got this face from him . well enough rambling for now, gonna step outside for a smoke(I know i know dont say it) thats my next challenge to work on but one beast at a time for me.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:40 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Quote:
I have told family that there meals are up to them and i will make mine. I focus on me and they focus on them. lets see how long that last for them huh. So far there handleing there own fine. My last time doing this I think thats what made it even harder was cooking 2 seperate meals.
Hi Alene! I just wanted to stop in and say hello!

Here's what I do when it comes to the family meals. I make all LC. If they want somthing carby they gotta fix it. DH makes their mashed potatos or mac & cheese or whatever they're having. I don't even mess with it.

You're doing great! KUTGW!
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:00 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Hi valentine thanks for stopping in. I tried that to but there so picky so I may have chicken and they will eat something else totally. It might be a bit different if we were in our own place too.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:24 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Hey Alene Sorry you got a grumpy kid in your hotel room, huh? I bet thats a blast I'm guessing your husband has your car during the day for work, right? Do you have a bus line in that area? I don't have kids but I do have 3 nephews and 1 niece who got out of school last week and wanna go places....wanna take em swimming at the city pool and take 'em to the dollar movie theater (we have a cheap theater in town that shows 3 or 4 month old movies for about a dollar per person...my favorite place )

Thats good that you're not beating yourself up over the scale *sigh* that would honestly make me want to think about going on an eating binge...seriously! It's very easy for me to get frustrated about weight...especially when I want something sugary so badly, and not get 'rewarded,' scale-wise, for eating well...it's an immature way to think, But I'm learning to have more self control and think of Atkins as a lifelong plan instead of a get-thin-quick plan. Anyhoo- wanted to say hello and good job on exercising and staying on plan

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- June 3rd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Old 06-13-2006, 12:36 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Hi Amber, no bus here, yes one vehicle which I use when needed but it having some machanical issues right now, i wont drive it then. Once he gets it fixed, then we can go out and about but man he thinks first day out of school lets go mom .
Oh the scale bouncing around makes me totally nuts but I have got to stay on plan this time, trust me theres other thought in my head but im trying so hard to push them away. It sure helps to have support off these boards too. I come on here and read and reread. Knowing others are out there struggling to makes me feel not so alone in all this.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Hello there journal, today was good even tho no movement on the scale but Im not gonna think on that note just gonna push forward and keep on truckin in the right direction. I think Im up for a whoosh soon seem have alot of jiggly puff I read about out there so Im that wonderful whoosh fairy is fixen to pay me a dandy visit soon. I had Peanut butter on a teaspoon for breakfast thats all i could take. Had a hamburger patty for lunch. And dinner i changed it up a little and got me a wrap from port of subs and a salad with vinager and oil dressing, had half the wrap and half the salad. save the other halfs for tomorrow or if I get a hunger. It was a nice change for me and i didnt have to cook it .
I have contact with both SS sides and am having a ball doing this. Hope all is well with everyone else out in LC land. We can and We will acomplish this journey. chow for now
Old 06-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Hello, Was a really tuff day today. Im very tired and have not been sleeping well at all which I think might be hindering my weight lose. So had to get me a sleep aid tonight so i can sleep and get myself on a regular schedule which may take some time. I worked nights for so many years and have always had sleep trouble. So gonna work on getting on a regular schedule so maybe this will help with my losing as well.

B- peanut butter 1 tsp
L- other half of wrap from last nights dinner
D- Streak with salsa on top, tomato cucumber salad w/1 tsp sour cream and apple cider vinagar.

Ty GSS for the ecard , I really needed that today.
Ty RSS for email back
You both helped me get thru my day
Old 06-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Getting very discouraged with seeing no results on the scale. It is beginning to get me down real bad. No Im not cheating , no bars , no pepperoni, no salami, no lc pasta, no cheese, no sausage or brats, cut all those out and still no movement on the dern scale. Im not one who likes to try so hard at this and see nothing. My first time doing this i lost very well and im doing same thing now except the pepperoni and salami and bars, used those first time with no problems lost gr8 then, Now Im stuck and feel depressed. Dont know if its just stress or what. So this weekend Im going to have some fun while jamboree is here since i missed it last year. Come monday morning start from scratch yet agian. Im sure I will feel better after this weekend since i get to go out and have fun. Being locked in all day everyday has gotten to me. So I made up my mind Iam gonna go all out and have fun then start over monday. not like Im gonna sabatoge my everts since Ive made none.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Alene- I'm sorry that you're feeling discouraged...but if it makes you feel any better...I'm on that boat with ya-lol! We're going something similar actually cuz I did lose quickly the last time I was on Atkins...I had cravings but I felt good about going without because I was losing so fast! Now it just feels like I'm treading water when I should be losing that 10pds of water weight right off the bat! Don't give up hope- this is a process and we won't get it right for a few months (meaning we won't know what our trigger foods are for a while) Like you said once to me- we'll soon know what causes us to gain or slow down weight loss...we're in an experimental mode right now. Enjoy your weekend and I'll talk to you soon
Old 06-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Ty Amber for all your kind words and support, it sure helped me alot.

Iam back on plan and had a gr8 day today ate on plan and are you ready for this I walked a MILE I did it omg I feel gr8 for doing that. Now i know I can do it and Im going to try hard to do it everyday. Im off and running on my goals agian. Iam and will do this and I can do this.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:16 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Today was another fab day for myself stayed on plan and even went to golds gym to get some info on some classes to join and there is a lot I could do. pilates,spinning(never tried this before)sound fun tho, yoga flex, body shaping and body sculpting. so many things to choose from or even mix it up a bit, and only 5 dollars a class. And I really could walk there do my class and walk back wow that would sure be a good workout for me. I use to do aerobics years back and I loved it so Im sure I would still. But before I get to far ahead of myself I need to do it one day a week then add as I feel I can. but im just tickled to death to get going on a scheduled workout Id enjoy.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
The gym sounds Awsome! Go for it!
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Ty Val
Whoohooo I did a 2 mile walk today my son and hubby were trippin out I had so much energy had to do something so i walked and walked. Man I feel gr8. Stayed on plan. Im so ready to lose this weight Iam Iam Iam going to do it this time
Old 06-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Yay for exercise!
Now if I could only get back into that mindset of walking too...hmmm! Keep up the good work- YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:10 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tette
Stats: 253/228/198
WOE: south beach
Start Date: feb/2013
Hey Alene,

Just popped in to say hi and tell you your doing GREAT!!!!The fist 20 pounds are hard I know!Then It does get easier you get used to eating LC.

Being in that hotel must be hard and still your pulling through!!Good for you!!
and keep walking exercize realy works!

(((HUGS)))
tette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Ty Amber- Your going to do it to girlfriend

Ty tette yes it is a challenge but its a gr8 challenge for our health and well being, ty for stopping in to say hi to me so much appreciated

had another good day did stay on plan and did 20 minutes downstairs on stationary bike, and 15 reps on 3 arm weights, and went and walked 1 mile around high school track, first time I ever went down there its a very nice track made out of tires so its very soft, felt gr8.

drank 105 oz water today

B- 2 BBQ ribs

L- Tuna mayo pepper garlic over lettuce and tomatoe

D- Chef salad
Old 06-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

yippeee 2 pounds down this morning. Not sure what all were doing today yet will write more this evening

B- 2 ham slices , fuze slenderize LC drink
Old 06-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Finish of day counts are,

L- LC wrap
D- London broil, steamed broccoli

4- 16.9 oz bottles of water

20 mins on stationary bike came to 4 miles
15 reps on weight machine , 3 stations
15 sit ups
15 leg lifts
1 mile walk at school track
Old 06-25-2006, 06:07 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Wow-look at all the exericise ; ) I'm proud of ya And 2 pounds lost- woohoo! Keep it up!!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tette
Stats: 253/228/198
WOE: south beach
Start Date: feb/2013
WOW your doing beter then me!!!!Beter get my but going on the exercizes!
tette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much Amber and tette.

My day today was on plan, got me two tapes from wally world, Core pilates andAbs buns and thighs aerobics, got them as a set deal for 5.50 cant beat that huh. Not much to tell about today just a day with the family and a bit of shopping. Hope you all ahd a gr8 weekend.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Hello out there, Today has been not to bad , got alot of fires going on around us its sad , and more lightning coming so Im praying it dont cause more fires.

B- 2 stadium brats /w mustard
L- Hamburger, LC alfredo sauce, dreamfirlds pasta , broccoli
D- will be Chicken and cabbage

I tried out my core pilates dvd and wow was able to only do 10 min of that but hey I got to start slow when Im not so limber to do some of those moves, I really had to laugh and thought Im sure glad noone can see me doing this since I know I had to of looked funny trying some of these moves. It was fun anyhow. Will be nice once I get limber enough and lose more of my tummy so I can do them easier.

15 sit ups
15 leg lifts
20 minutes on stationary bike

No walk tonight due to all the smoke in the air dont need to be breathing that with asthma.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

finally back to siggy weight , Im losing well now that Im exersizing and cut all my meals in half nothing after 8pm . Soon I will be under the 300s wow cant wait for that.

Vitamin
B- turkey bacon 2 pouched eggs w/ salsa

L- grilled fish

D- Hamburger w/ mayo mustard LC bbq sauce cheese tomato
2 cups steamed broccoli

20 min stationary bike on level 2 4.83 miles
20 reps arms on 3 different stations