Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Maybe it will be in her BOOK.
Yes!

Sing it sistah!
Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #2733
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingwell
Stopped by for a little inspiration...BAD day yesterday, but I'm not giving up and I'm fighting to GET it!
Old 01-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #2734
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingwell View Post
Stopped by for a little inspiration...BAD day yesterday, but I'm not giving up and I'm fighting to GET it!
Wanna tell me about it?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #2735

UPDATES:

Friday was a low carb day in rotations. Up until dinner I had had 1012 cals and 32 carbs. Went out for dinner and had a grilled chicken salad and two Ultras. Didn't track dinner.

Workouts for Friday: 1 hour Super Callanetics

Saturday: High day in rotations. Training day. Will update totals at the end of the day or on Sunday morning.

Carbs so far today: Energy bar; rice cakes; blueberries; protein pancakes; sweet potatoes, veggies

Workouts:

10 mins light cardio warmup; stretching
60 mins combined UB/LB:
30 mins UB (delts/chest/biceps)
30 mins LB (squats, deadlifts, walking lunges, floor glute work)
30 mins light ss cardio (elliptical)
Old 01-17-2010, 05:25 AM   #2736

SATURDAY TOTALS:

Ended the day hitting my targets, exceeding a bit on the protein. Wanted to get to 250 carbs and between 2300 and 2400 in cals. Great workout. Good energy. To bed early and got a very restful night's sleep.

CALS.........2402
PROT...........210 (35%)
CARBS.........255
FIBER............42
FAT...............56 (21 %)

DOMS in back and shoulders today.

The next three days will be low carb, around 50 or below. Wednesday will be medium. Thurs through Friday, LC. Saturday, high.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #2737
Senior LCF Member

Twyla...let me just say that it is a combination of bad choices and bad behavior. I do "well" for 3 days, then I crash. Friday was my crash day--yesterday was on target and I plan to make today on target as well. I think it involves an "attitude" adjustment on my part...I am impatient so when I don't get results in 3 days, I get discouraged. I know it is counterproductive to eat everything in sight when I'm discouraged about weight loss...doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure THAT out! I need to get my MIND together and I honestly believe the rest will follow. Thanks for the support.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #2738

Quote:
Twyla...let me just say that it is a combination of bad choices and bad behavior. I do "well" for 3 days, then I crash. Friday was my crash day--yesterday was on target and I plan to make today on target as well. I think it involves an "attitude" adjustment on my part...I am impatient so when I don't get results in 3 days, I get discouraged. I know it is counterproductive to eat everything in sight when I'm discouraged about weight loss...doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure THAT out! I need to get my MIND together and I honestly believe the rest will follow. Thanks for the support.
GW, I've thought about what you've said here, and digested it a bit. I agree, the way you perceive yourself, your progress (or lack thereof) is going to have a direct effect on how you do. What are you focusing on? You say "if you don't get results in 3 days." What results are you focusing on?

Change your focus, girl. If the scale is your focus, screw it. Change your focus to the positive things you've done today toward change. You didn't say what your focus is on, what "results" you were referring to, but that's very relevant. Where is your focus?

Maybe it's just a matter of adjusting your focus, first; and secondly, thinking in terms of VERY SMALL goals, baby steps. If you start out your day saying: Okay, today I'm going to make my target with my water consumption. I'm going to drink no less than 80 ounces of water today. And if at the end of the day you have accomplished THAT goal, then you have succeeded in that hurdle. If you start out your day and say I'm going to eat X cals and X carbs today, and at the end of the day, your tracking shows that you've met those targets, you've met your goal for the day. YOU WIN. That's where you focus.

Where is your focus? Ask yourself that question first.

Winning begins in the mind.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #2739
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: btinc
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
GW, I've thought about what you've said here, and digested it a bit. I agree, the way you perceive yourself, your progress (or lack thereof) is going to have a direct effect on how you do. What are you focusing on? You say "if you don't get results in 3 days." What results are you focusing on?

Change your focus, girl. If the scale is your focus, screw it. Change your focus to the positive things you've done today toward change. You didn't say what your focus is on, what "results" you were referring to, but that's very relevant. Where is your focus?

Maybe it's just a matter of adjusting your focus, first; and secondly, thinking in terms of VERY SMALL goals, baby steps. If you start out your day saying: Okay, today I'm going to make my target with my water consumption. I'm going to drink no less than 80 ounces of water today. And if at the end of the day you have accomplished THAT goal, then you have succeeded in that hurdle. If you start out your day and say I'm going to eat X cals and X carbs today, and at the end of the day, your tracking shows that you've met those targets, you've met your goal for the day. YOU WIN. That's where you focus.

Where is your focus? Ask yourself that question first.

Winning begins in the mind.
Let me expand a little more, weight loss never happens the way we want nor does it ever happen fast enough. T said winning starts in your mind, and it truly does, once you understand the principles that you have to work with.

Consistency is the key over a length of time. Unless your truly obese, 1-2 pounds a week a great accomplishment. Even then it will never happen each week, but over time you may be able to average that amount. Of course the closer to your goal you get the slower the loss occurs.

Now if we look at the up side to this, someone could easily drop over 50 pounds in a year, the down side is it is very slow. Focus on small short term goals, and remember what they can lead to, a huge change in the future.

T from time to time please remind ever one what weight loss is compared to. The good ole egg. Although on the outside nothing seems to be happening, on the inside you are getting healthier, more energy, more focus, and then low and behold you wake up and the outside has now begun it's change.

Ask Richard what consistency and patience can do.

Get yourself a big serving of hard work and sacrifice, swallow it down, and digest it.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #2740
Senior LCF Member

btinc and W-M-S--thank you so much for your wise words!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #2741

Quote:
Originally Posted by btinc View Post
Let me expand a little more, weight loss never happens the way we want nor does it ever happen fast enough. T said winning starts in your mind, and it truly does, once you understand the principles that you have to work with.

Consistency is the key over a length of time. Unless your truly obese, 1-2 pounds a week a great accomplishment. Even then it will never happen each week, but over time you may be able to average that amount. Of course the closer to your goal you get the slower the loss occurs.

Now if we look at the up side to this, someone could easily drop over 50 pounds in a year, the down side is it is very slow. Focus on small short term goals, and remember what they can lead to, a huge change in the future.

T from time to time please remind ever one what weight loss is compared to. The good ole egg. Although on the outside nothing seems to be happening, on the inside you are getting healthier, more energy, more focus, and then low and behold you wake up and the outside has now begun it's change.

Ask Richard what consistency and patience can do.

I'd be most happy to. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
"I just heard a great story about an egg.

If you look at a fertile egg and watch it over time you will not see anything happen. This goes on day in and day out. You expect to see something, anything, but nothing changes. Then one day the egg begins to shake and a chick pops out. While the egg sat idle things were changing under the surface.

We all spend too much time looking at the outside of the egg when we should stop and think about what is going on inside.

We all get frustrated with lack of progress, slow strength gains, injuries, and the 100 other things that never come as fast as we like.

Many times busting out of these slumps does not take external changes (special exercises, new diet parameters, supplements, programs, money) but how you are internally programmed."
Old 01-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #2742

Rest day. Munchies day. WTH.

61 carbs. 1800+ cals.

Just frikkin hungry today.

But had a great, much-needed nap.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #2743

Up early this morning, despite my day off (MLK holiday). I guess my internal clock rules. Having some coffee, no rush. I have the day ahead of me. I'll just drink coffee and enjoy quiet time -- that time of the day I love most.

Failed to mention in yesterday's post that I began feeling DOMS over my entire body yesterday -- shoulders, lats, pecs, hamstrings, glutes. The total body workout Saturday felt great. I'm glad I took yesterday as a rest day, caught up on sleep, and let my body recover.

If it were spring, I'd likely be out on the back screened porch at this hour, wrapped in a beefy hoody and warm blanket, with my coffee and my laptop. So looking forward to that time. I'm finished with winter. I'm usu ready for it to be over by end of January, mid February. Little more anxious this year.

Time for more coffee.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:34 AM   #2744
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Quote:

Gettingwell,

It would be helpful to look at this as a change of way of life. It is inevitable that results will come. As I was losing and lifting, I had some months when I only lost a lb or 2. Body comp it where it is at. If you are exercising, you won't see the scale move that rapidly, but your body will look better and thinner. I was recomping. swapping out fat for muscle. I am still trying to do that. I started 14 months ago. I lost 40lbs in about 10 months. It was never linear though. Some months nothing. Some months, magic. Still struggle with blowing my macros. I know that consistancy over time is a proven success formula. You are at the right place. You couldn't have anyone on the planet better than Btinc and twyla guiding you. Trust me, listen to them. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish!!
Look at each day as a new day. You have to have a bad memory about blowing your eating etc. Each day is a new day and if you have more good days than bad, you will win the battle.

Again, you are very very fortunate to have stumbled onto Twyla and Btinc.
They have been a humongous gift to me.

Good luck. Don't give up!!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 AM   #2745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring it on View Post
Gettingwell,

It would be helpful to look at this as a change of way of life. It is inevitable that results will come. As I was losing and lifting, I had some months when I only lost a lb or 2. Body comp it where it is at. If you are exercising, you won't see the scale move that rapidly, but your body will look better and thinner. I was recomping. swapping out fat for muscle. I am still trying to do that. I started 14 months ago. I lost 40lbs in about 10 months. It was never linear though. Some months nothing. Some months, magic. Still struggle with blowing my macros. I know that consistancy over time is a proven success formula. You are at the right place. You couldn't have anyone on the planet better than Btinc and twyla guiding you. Trust me, listen to them. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish!!
Look at each day as a new day. You have to have a bad memory about blowing your eating etc. Each day is a new day and if you have more good days than bad, you will win the battle.

Again, you are very very fortunate to have stumbled onto Twyla and Btinc.
They have been a humongous gift to me.

Good luck. Don't give up!!
Look at you. Spoken like a pro.
You got it goin' on, Rich.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #2746
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for the support! I haven't given up, so that is a good sign...I won't EVER give up on this until I get it figured out! I'm also seeing a couple folks this week who should be able to help me figure out the blood sugar aspect....which I do believe is another piece of the puzzle.

Hope you enjoyed that nap, Twyla! Naps are definitely wasted on the young...

Enjoy your day off, too.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #2747

GW, That I did....sleep, glorious sleep. Does a body so much good!

Gonna spend some time today organizing my music. Working on a couple new workout playlists. I've explored some new downloads, and they'll serve to motivate. Gotta have my music!

“Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul”
Plato

Old 01-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #2748
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
GW, That I did....sleep, glorious sleep. Does a body so much good!

Gonna spend some time today organizing my music. Working on a couple new workout playlists. I've explored some new downloads, and they'll serve to motivate. Gotta have my music!

Meeeee tooooo!

Here is a lesson learned for me though; do not stay up after Saturday Night Live and watch an infomercial for Time Warner. I ordered Rock Ballads of the 80s. Oh oh!

Can't wait to get some of those on my iPod for the club. <sheepish>
Old 01-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #2749
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Twyla, Glad that you had a restful monday.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #2750

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Meeeee tooooo!

Here is a lesson learned for me though; do not stay up after Saturday Night Live and watch an infomercial for Time Warner. I ordered Rock Ballads of the 80s. Oh oh!

Can't wait to get some of those on my iPod for the club. <sheepish>
D,
Lemme guess...Pat Benetar would be among the mix? I loved her!

I have a wide collection of 80's stuff. Even my kids like 80's music. Some of the best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Behaved myself a little more today, keeping it to LC. It's tougher to do than other times, coming off a high day.

Got in a run this morning. Today was an all cardio day. My hamstrings are still protesting from Saturday's workout. Tight, tight! I've been stopping to do quad and bar stretches throughout the day...ahhhh....feels so good.

Sat in the sun for about 30 mins today reading a book.

I'd like to get in bed early tonight.

TOTALS:

CALS.........1647
PROT...........167
CARBS...........41
FIBER............15
FAT...............92

WORKOUTS:

40 MINS RUNNING (A.M.)
25 MINS CARDIO ELLIPTICAL (NOON)
Old 01-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #2751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
That's right! Love is a Battlefield baby-girl!

I will be singing like a big dork, but I don't care!

80s music is great.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:21 AM   #2752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Hi Twyla,
I'm a regular vistor to your journal but don't know that I've ever posted anything. I really liked it the other day when you made the comment about changing your focus....those words were very empowering for me on so many levels. You make a big difference to a lot people through your kind words and positive attitude.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:51 AM   #2753
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
woah the "sun" I vaguely remember what that is, we dont get it much here, next time grab a few rays for me
Old 01-20-2010, 01:58 AM   #2754
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Twyla - just popping in for a bit of a read and advice. Glad to read Rich's message. Scales not moving and I am pretty active so great to hear about the body recomping.
Have a great week. Sounds like you have had a good start already.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #2755
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Sounds like you all are desperate for some sun. Here in South Africa it is the middle of summer so sunny skies everyday and showers in the evening. Perfect weather to take the bike out for long rides.
Just in case you are looking for a holiday destination.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:29 AM   #2756

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValR View Post
Hi Twyla,
I'm a regular vistor to your journal but don't know that I've ever posted anything. I really liked it the other day when you made the comment about changing your focus....those words were very empowering for me on so many levels. You make a big difference to a lot people through your kind words and positive attitude.
to my journal, Val! So nice to meet you. (I was surprised when I first opened my journal and saw your pretty avatar. You look SO MUCH like a close friend of mine in NC -- you could pass as sisters no doubt!)

I'm glad the mention of "focus" was a light bulb moment for you. Funny how we all can gain insight from that reminder. It sort of applies to a lot of things that go on in life, kwim?

Just last night my son was agonizing () quite vocally over having accidentally deleted "his data" on one of his Xbox disks. I tried to be somewhat sympathetic at first (the reminder that accidents happen, it's okay, etc.), and then it began to REALLY get on my nerves, the the incessant drama/whining/etc. I then reminded him that if he would begin to focus on other more "tragic" things that are far worse than what he's going through, his own problem would seem very trivial. It took a while, but it began to work him. He began to see that what was done, was done, he messed up, but it's nothing that he can't fix with a little patience and effort. We began working on his homework assignments, and he was using his brain, being creative, and he began to smile and "move on." Life was okay afterall.

I think the right attitude, the right focus, helps to get us through most any situation that seems to overwhelm us at the time.

Thank you, Val, for your kindness. You are a sweetheart. I hope that you will stop and say hey in my journal more often. I'll be sure to look you up.

Have a great day.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:33 AM   #2757

Lola, you are one lucky woman. Sun every day and rain in the evenings? That's ideal! South Africa, huh? Hmmmmm....and just think, my own personal tour guide, right?

You're on to something, lady.

Glad Rich's mention of his recomp spoke to you. And Btinc's "egg story." So relevant. So true.

Hope you have a great day today.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:35 AM   #2758

Updating Tuesday's totals:

CALS.......1405
PROT........166
CARBS.......65
FIBER........24
FAT..........63

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS

Gonna keep it to low/med carb today. Busy week for me. I'm playing this one "by ear."

Training day.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #2759
Do you know your CCLL?

Gallery: 2bflawless
Twyla, I just wanted to say how much I admire you! I often lurke and read what you do it is all very inspiring! I think you should be on the cover of a fitness magazine...you are that flawless!

Oh, by the way, Hi!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 AM   #2760

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bflawless View Post
Twyla, I just wanted to say how much I admire you! I often lurke and read what you do it is all very inspiring! I think you should be on the cover of a fitness magazine...you are that flawless!

Oh, by the way, Hi!

Hi, Lisa.

Thank you so much. So very kind of you --
You've kind of made my day .

Closed Thread