Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Made it home from the game. We won!

I then had a cup of Pro-Tea with .30 oz of walnuts to take the edge off. Didn't want to go to bed feeling hungry. I am tired, so if I can make sure all the homework gets done, I'll go on to bed as early as I can.

If tomorrow brings a stall or even another slight gain, I may cycle up my calories and carbs just a bit. We'll see.

For today:

1502 cals

104 gr f/61%
26 net carbs/7%
107 gr prot/29%

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2007, 05:43 AM   #242

Quick post till later. Need to get to court.

I was the same again this morning.

The Q is: Do I keep everything the same, or do I carb/calorie up? I am pretty sure I don't want to reduce the calories more than 100 or so. I could go down to 1400 if I kept my fat at 65-70%.

But given my workout routine and BMR, I don't think that's what I need to do. Esp in light of all that I've learned from BFFM regarding eating too few calories.

Hmmmm.

I'll give it some thought today and see how my appetite goes.

It's only a few days stall. That's NOTHING considering my history of stalls.

I feel good. That's all that counts.

No, I feel great this morning.

Bring on the day.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #243

Thursday. Was back down that .2 lbs again. Oh, well, at least it's moving in the right direction.

I allowed my appetite to dictate my intake yesterday. Was less hungry yesterday than the day before. But it seems I'm always hungrier on days that I do heavy cardio, and I had done that on Tuesday, my hungrier day. Wednesday was my Callanetics day. But I only did 30 mins of Super on Wed at 6:00 a.m., so I could get in some extra rest, then did 40 mins of cardio yesterday evening: 9 mins on elliptical at 7:00, then went on a power walk/jog at 9:30 for 30 mins. Great evening for it.

So yesterdays totals:

1528 cals

111 g fat/64%
18 net gr carbs/6%
108 g protein/30%

I knew I'd be doing heavy cardio this morning, so I upped my carbs a bit, both before the workout and after. I ate a little bit of chopped apple and Fiber One stirred into my pre-workout CO yogurt. Afterwards, just the apple, Fiber One, stirred into 3 oz of Carb Master yogurt. No fat.

I'm thinking about having a salad for lunch for some good fibrous carbs. I've already eaten 19 carbs so far today. No more complex, just fibrous, and veggies for dinner.

It's getting easier and easier to not eat after dinner. At least it was yesterday.

Revelation about Turbo Jam. I began doing TJ Cardio Party in May of last year. I had begun doing some jogging for about a month during that time also, for a few weeks, and then gave it up because I'm not supposed to jog due to a bad knee, and I decided it was too risky. I had worked up to running 2.5 laps around our subdivision before having to stop and walk, and that was rewarding.

Last night while power walking, I thought, I wonder how far I can jog before I have to stop and walk. It had been almost a year since I'd jogged, and I figured I'd get maybe halfway around and have to stop. I began the lap, did another one, and was working on a third when I realized what time it was and needed to stop. When I stopped, I was very close to the house, and I suddenly realized I wasn't even winded.

What else could it be? Evidently TJ has really helped with my endurance levels. I knew all along it's a kick-a** workout, but apparently it really does condition you for endurance. Woooooo-hoooo! I like that workout even more now!

Not going to jog anymore. I couldn't resist last night. I love to jog.... Oh, well. My knee is more important for now.

It's almost noon and I'm not hungry.

Each day is a like a new project. I finish up the day, standing back and evaluating/analyzing what I've accomplished, and morning brings the progress report.

June 8th. Another day closer.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:05 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pixelgurl
Stats: 192/155/140
WOE: LC My Way - Experiment w/CO
Start Date: april 07
That's awesome that you weren't winded. I'm sorry about your knee I know how frustrating that can be. But you do seem to like your other workouts so that is a good thing.

Have you ever tried Tae Bo? Since you like Turbo Jam so much may enjoy Tae Bo. There are works outs that involve resistance bands which are really killer. I like the older bootcamp workouts more so then the new ones. I rent the videos off of Netflix and if I like them then I buy them used on online. (I have a lot of workout videos)

BTW I got Callanetics coming. "AM/PM", "10 Years Younger" and there was one more which I forget the name of. If I like them I'll get the Super Callanetics. I have to look for low impact workouts as I have had 2 back surgeries. Enjoy your day!

[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]Visit my journal

[COLOR=DimGray]157 [/COLOR][COLOR=Black][COLOR=DimGray]156 [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]155[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]*154*[/COLOR] 153.5 153 152.5 152 151.5 151 150.5
[COLOR=DarkOrange]May 31st, 2007 GOAL[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Yellow]******[/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=RoyalBlue]>>[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=YellowGreen]150[/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]<<[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]******[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #245

PixelG, thank you for posting....and I'd love to know which TaeBo w/o you'd recommend starting with.

Do they all involve the bands, or can you do them without?

I'd prefer to start with one that doesn't require extra equipment.

I like keeping it simple.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Here are my three favorite Tae Bo workouts that do not require equipment.

Cardio 1
Cardio 2
Billy's favorite moves
Old 05-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #247

Thanks, PG. Gonna look into those for sure.

Workouts today: 40 mins TJ & 20 mins of Ab Jam at 5:30 a.m.
.........................20 min power walk at 9:30 (to be done momentarily)

Finished eating around 6:30 p.m.

Upped cals/carbs a bit today.

Cals 1797

138 gr fat/68%
25 net carbs/7%
102 gr protein/23%

Not sure whether I'll stay up for another day or two or return to 1500 range.

We'll see how I feel, my appetite/energy levels, and my progress.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #248

Good news: Down another .2 pounds.

Itsy bitsy losses, but in the right direction.

I tried on the shorts that I wore to the beach last summer, fully expecting not to be able to button them. But to my surprise, I did. And they were a bit snug - more than I prefer - but they fit.

I am still 9-10 lbs heavier than I was last summer.

What's that about?

Even if I attribute some of it to muscle, but not THAT MUCH MUSCLE!

Oh, well. I'm just glad I could button them.

Onward.

June 8th.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:15 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Hey don't ask questions just be happy!
I think sometimes our weight sticks on different spots. For instance I think the three pounds I gained when to my arms and face. I'm glad about the face part not so happy about the arms.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:23 AM   #250

Yes, PixelG, I AM happy.

I was even happier to see another .4 loss on the scale this morning.

Yesterday I decided to keep it high on the cycle, and I'd been craving salmon, so we had that grilled salmon for dinner. I was starving before dinner because it had gotten delayed due to an "episode" with Son#3, so to keep full I snacked on 2 sl of Swiss cheese and 2 sl of ham, rolled up. Still hungry at dinner, awaiting my beloved salmon, I ate what I had planned to eat, so I ended up the day with:

2094 calories (594 more than my average!)

149 f gr/62%
30 net c/7%
132 g prot/25%

Keep in mind, because I was sidetracked, it didn't go as I had planned. I actually wanted to increase my carbs to about 35-40 net. Oh, well, it was close.

I didn't eat at all after 7:00 p.m. (Not that I needed to! )

When I got on the scale this morning, was prepared to be up. No biggy. Knew it would readjust within a day or two.

I was down another .4 lbs.

It's likely that the scale will fluctuate upward tomorrow instead, but if it does, I'm not gonna freak out. That's typical with cycling for me. But then it starts to move downward again, sometimes a little faster than before I cycled up. We'll see.

Plan to go back to average today, around 1500-1600. But maybe around 30 net carbs, because it's a cardio day. We'll see.

As soon as I get within about 5-7 lbs of goal, I plan to start gradually start cutting back fat to about 50%, and upping carbs S L O W L Y to eventually around 60-70 net carbs.

It should prove to be a win/win, but a MUCH better approach.

I'm on my way.

June 8th.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 05-12-2007 at 06:24 AM..
Old 05-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #251

Location: Transplanted to NC...but my hearts in Hampton, VA....
Gallery: heidi21062
Stats: 196/192/110 - 5'2"
WOE: Atkins..no WW's...wait a minute....what day is it?
Start Date: Started 07/15/12
Hey Twyla!

Hope you don't mind me posting in your journal. I haven't been doing Callanetics lately, so I haven't been posting in the challenge thread...I've been doing Tae Bo and BFL, but I really enjoy Callanetics...maybe I need to get back to it.

Just wanted to say 'hi' and I love your avi...you look fabulous!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:05 AM   #252

Hey, Heidi! So good to hear from you, and seeing your pretty face. I've missed you on the C thread. YOu mentioned Tae Bo, and I've been very interested in trying those myself. I should have put in a Wish List to my "staff" for Mother's Day.... Guess I'll need to take care of that myself.

SUNDAY: Down another .2 lbs. These itty-bitty losses are a good thing, but I find myself becoming greedy for more -- bigger losses. Not sure I'll make my goal by June 8th. I can only hope.

At least it's moving. And moving in the RIGHT direction.

Yesterday's food:

1621 cals

118 gr f/64%
17 g net carbs/5%
117 g prot/29%

22 mins on elliptical. Had hoped for another 10-15 min power walk, but it didn't work out.

Here's to another day of progress!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:06 AM   #253

Hey, Heidi! So good to hear from you, and seeing your pretty face. I've missed you on the C thread. YOu mentioned Tae Bo, and I've been very interested in trying those myself. I should have put in a Wish List to my "staff" for Mother's Day.... Guess I'll need to take care of that myself.

SUNDAY: Down another .2 lbs. These itty-bitty losses are a good thing, but I find myself becoming greedy for more -- bigger losses. Not sure I'll make my mini goal by June 8th. I can only hope.

At least it's moving. And moving in the RIGHT direction.

Yesterday's food:

1621 cals

118 gr f/64%
17 g net carbs/5%
117 g prot/29%

22 mins on elliptical. 20 mins upper body weights. Had hoped for another 10-15 min power walk late evening, but it didn't work out.

Here's to another day of progress!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:32 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: itsALifestyle
Happy Mother's Day Twyla!
Old 05-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #255

Location: Transplanted to NC...but my hearts in Hampton, VA....
Gallery: heidi21062
Stats: 196/192/110 - 5'2"
WOE: Atkins..no WW's...wait a minute....what day is it?
Start Date: Started 07/15/12

Old 05-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #256

Thanks, IAL!

You too, Heidi!

(I want to know how you insert the pretty pics/icons!)

I did not cave in today, it being tempting being MD, and the tendency to have something for dessert, not even a bite.

I had 1/2 flax muffin and one piece of Mud Bark with coffee.

I'm perfectly satisfied.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #257

Finally getting around to posting. Busy day.

MONDAY. Weight the same.

Very slow losses.

Today I began feeling a little more hungry, even though my fat intake was about the same. I'm wondering if it was the homemade guacamole I made....? Or is it hormonal? Or is it.....a, b, c, or d?

Regardless, I began munching when I got home from work, feeling very hungry, and before I knew it, I had eaten a good bit of legal food, but all BEFORE DINNER. Maybe I won't have dinner.

Hmmm. Maybe just a flax muffin with tea later? I'm already at my limits calorie wise.

Daisy, if you happen to visit here, thanks again. You were my parachute.

Yesterday ended up being a high day: Close to 1800 calories, 68% fat, still around 20 carbs.

Today I had planned on a moderate day, say around 1600-1700, and I'm already at 1663.

Hold on, Nellie. You're done.

Go find something to do. Burn a calorie. Complete a task.

Do whatever it takes, but stay out of the kitchen/frig.

Tomorrow is a new (AND BETTER) day.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mmam5
Stats: 150/132 Healthy, 5'4" 45
WOE: UnProcessed please :)
Hi Twyla,

Hope you don't mind me stopping by for a quick visit... I saw your Before/after pics on the ML ... WOWWOWWOW You are looking Fantastic, toned and in-shape!

Glad your scale is going in your favorite direction. I'm thinking I need to get out my callanetics tape again. I've heard of the Turbo Jam WO's, I'll have to see if netflix has any...

I have the Tae Bo basic, advanced and the bootcamp series... The original basic tape was only a 30 min wo (incl stretching) but the more you give the more you get out of it.

If you figure out how to ward off the munchies - let me know!

My ******!
Old 05-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #259

Hey, Marci.

Wow -- those pics? Man, those have been resurrected from last year, I suppose.

"Working my way back to you, Babe, with a burning love inside...."

I should be there by late June early July hopefully. (Watch me!)

Yes, I plan to get some Tae Bo w/o's soon. Love, love, love TJ and Callanetics. Callanetics gives me lean/strong muscles in the hips/thighs vs. bulk.

Munchies? The never-ending TOM hurdle. I'm one week away....easy does it! Higher fat usually does the trick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was around 2000 calories. Yep, yep, yep. Eating Machine. Around 30 net carbs.

Today was much more controlled: 1400 cals, 27 net carbs, 79 gr fat.

Took an hour-long nap after work. It was paradise.

Hoping for a change downward on the scale tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:56 AM   #260

(sigh)

Still the same.

Typical routine: I lose well for about a week or so, then they slow to a screeching halt.

Very encouraging.

I feel good. I feel leaner. My clothes fit better.

All positives.

Scales are evil.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Hey there Twyla. Just popping by your journal for a and a

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Very slow losses.

Today I began feeling a little more hungry, even though my fat intake was about the same. I'm wondering if it was the homemade guacamole I made....? Or is it hormonal? Or is it.....a, b, c, or d?
I can't tell you just how much I relate!

Yes! Scales are evil. I am (once again) feeling at my wit's end for the last 10-12. Got all the way down to 122 last October/November. Was hoping to find some insight and inspiration. I had done a search on those last few and found some old "Trailing by 10 challenge" threads. Saw your TVS posts and Heatha79's Scarsdale posts among others. Have thought about a yogurt fast, Scarsdale, Stillman's, M/E ... you name it. The kicker - I look back to see what I was eating when I got down so low, and it would be days/weeks of not entering anything in my ******. Did I really just stop obsessing, and it happened naturally? (I can't imagine that was the way it happened knowing me) Anyway, didn't mean to come over to your journal and whine, just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and you will get there! (Maybe if I'm going to ramble so much, I should start my own journal... ya think? LOLOL)
Old 05-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #262

Hey, Angie. Yes, yes, I love the company, i.e., those who are facing the same kinds of disappointments and/or slow losses or stalls.

Unlike you, I was pretty faithful about keeping ****** entries/journaling, and so I can look back and analyze the times I'd lose well what exactly I was doing at that time to lose more consistently.

Sometimes when you get close to goal, it's a guessing game. Some say ease up on calories, some say eat more. Some say eat more carbs, some say eat less. And as for workouts, one can only spend so much time in a day working out when you work full time.

I think I've decided to keep doing the carb/calorie cycling thing. It makes the most sense to me, and it HAS worked in the past.

Looking in the days ahead of me, for the 3-4 days preceding TOM (19th-22nd), I will increase fat and lower carbs to 20 or below to ward off cravings that historically have sabotaged my efforts in the weeks leading up to TOM.

I promise to eat clean.

I will continue to work out, varying my workouts, lifting weights, getting ample cardio. It feels good and I SEE the results.

I will continue to measure my progress by my clothes and how they fit.

I will evaluate (and trust) the person I see in the mirror, not the monster who lives in the scales.

And Angie, I would really encourage you to start a journal. It really is an eye-opener to self-renewal. When you go back and read past entries, we can more honestly understand and deal with our fitness hurdles, goals, strategies.

And .... we can learn from others.

Thank you for popping in. I DO need your company!

And we'll not give up, will we?

We will reach our goals and we will not quit trying.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 05-16-2007 at 11:45 AM..
Old 05-17-2007, 06:12 AM   #263

YESSSSSSSSS!

Down one pound.

One WHOLE pound.

Not a tenth, or two-tenths....ONE WHOLE POUND.

Simple pleasures.

Gonna up cals today by about 200-250, then another 200 the next day, and the next, then back to 1500-1600 range. Anxious to see what it does to the ol' metabolism............ Worked in mid April. Time for another planned/serious cycling.

Workouts yesterday: 40 mins of Super Callan, 20 mins selected upper body.

Workout this morning: 35 mins HipHop Abs (mercy, he's one sexy dude!), and 20 mins selected upper body. Ouch. I definitely hit the FATIGUE button. Hurts so good.

Left my flashdrive at home which stores my FitdayPC acct. Can't recall exactly, but cals were around 1590ish yesterday. Carbs were around 30 net, lots of fiber. Protein around 120ish?

I hate to be without my flashdrive. It's my security blanket.

Who'da thunk it.

Called DH this morning, and he took it to his office. Headed there to get it on my lunch hour.

Then the earth can continue to spin.

Today feels like it's gonna be a great day.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JSky1001
Stats: 175/169/130
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: Restarted 4/7/2014
Look at you! That's awesome! Keep it up, sugar!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:48 AM   #265

Thanks, J.!

FRIDAY MAY 18 2007

Weight same today. I ate a lot more calories yesterday, most of them planned, since I'm starting a gradual cycle upward, but I ended up eating a bit more than I meant to. And I've been put on some antibiotics and prescribed A/I's for a bad bronchial snafu I've been dealing with. The pharmacist said I may see some fluid retention (oh, great). So I expected a bit of a gain this morning.

I'm glad I'm the same. Maybe if I drink a lot of tea it will counteract the meds?

Yesterday's numbers:

1899 calories

129 g fat/60%
25 net carbs/6%
159 g protein/34%

I tried Alliecat's Cabbage Casserole, and it was awesome. I had one cup. I think I could have eaten 4 x that!

Today's workouts: 55 mins SuperCallan; 10 mins weights; 15 mins cardio after work

My clothes are getting looser and looser by the day.

THANK YOU, GOD.

My efforts are paying off -- finally. Again.

I'm loving this ride.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/202/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Daisy, if you happen to visit here, thanks again. You were my parachute.
Thank you Twyla. I am so motivated and pumped up from reading your journal. I cannot wait to begin with the DVD of Callenetics I just won on eBay!

I am like you and the previous poster when you guys say higher carbs just don't work. I need to keep them under 50 from my observations (I was totally committed to a low-carb life back in 2002 and did it bootcamp-like for two years. But then I got divorced, moved a bunch of times (finally bought a house) and in the process of all that fell and began eating badly and, of course, gained.

But no more. I'm excited and thank you for all your help and for the motivation.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #267

SATURDAY.

I was up 1.6 lbs today....I knew I would be, since yesterday was the onslaught of the TOM hungries and bloat.....how wonderful to be a woman.........not a cross to bear........

Oh, well. At least I know it wasn't from eating off plan or cheating.

May as well sit back and hold on tight. This ride is just beginning.

I stayed busy all day today to keep my mind off wanting to snack. Sipping water and CL lemonade like no tomorrow.

CO helps too.

30 mins of Turbo Jam this morning. Gonna do another 15 mins of cardio tonight.

Haven't kept ****** today. Out and about and busy.

Eating clean. This is a victory.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mmam5
Stats: 150/132 Healthy, 5'4" 45
WOE: UnProcessed please :)
Twyla... Give it a couple of days and it'll go away! At least as women, we know why we get this way... men on the other hand, have no clue why they get moody!

The carb cycling seems to really work for you also... coool.

CO - We finally dove into that... I like it on whole grain toast... better than butter. Great in baked goods for the kids too. For me, not bad off the spoon!

Take care!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #269

Here I am again, resuming where I left off: Beginning TOM and a 21-day dose of the evil Prednisone for my bad case of bronchitis, both of which derailed my countdown/weight loss before vacation.

I have no idea what the scale says. I'm not sure it matters right now. Why let a number ruin my vacation?

As I mentioned to Courtney, I've done my best, eaten clean, kept religious ****** entries, and kept up with my regular workout schedule. That's all I can expect of myself.

I doubt I'll meet my mini goal weight before vacation, but I'm not gonna let that stop my continued efforts to get back into the best shape I can be in this summer.

Summer is just beginning, afterall.

I plan to eat clean and exercise while on vacatin. It would be unnatural for me not to. I'll enjoy myself with all the allowable, delicious foods I've come to enjoy. I may not exercise EVERY day, but I thoroughly enjoy power walks on the beach early in the morning, and I'll probably lift weights a few times with my son.

To weigh or not to weigh.......

The mirror seems to be my best approach for now.

Yesterday's Food:

1684 calories
107 gr fat/57%
49 net gr carbs/14%
126 g protein/30%

Yesterday's Workouts:

45 mins Turbo Jam, followed by Ab Jam workout

10 mins of upper body later in the day
Old 05-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: weasel!
Stats: 156/154/125; 5'7", small frame
WOE: JUDDDD/LCHF/Paleo/WAPF/whole foods
Start Date: restart LCHF 1/2014; restart LCHF/JUDDDD 4/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
I've named this journal: WMS Goal Seeking Journal, because I want to name at the outset my goals in my weight loss journey as of today. They are:

1. To reach my goal weight;
2. To reduce body fat; and
3. To learn to eat healthy carbs again w/o the fear of gaining weight.
Twyla, maybe I'm just a voyeur, but can you tell us your goals more specifically? What's your goal weight, and what did you start from? (I'm having trouble interpreting the stats by your avatar.) What is your body fat, and what is your goal BF? Also, what method are you using to figure it out -- there are so many, and they really vary in the number they result in.

I'm curious why you decided to reduce your dietary fat ratios so much. 60% sounds good to me, and 30% sounds punitive. But then again, my WOE is EFGT, so it would sound that way to me! At any rate, can you share about your process with that? (If you've already explained it elsewhere, feel free to just point me in that direction.)

Oh, wait, maybe you changed your ratio aim from the first post on the first page! I see you've been doing 60-70% DF for a while. I'm curious, what are the ratios you're aiming for?

Maybe I missed the answers to the Qs above somewhere along the thread. Sorry if my post is redundant. Best wishes with your path!

2009 JUDDDD SUCCESS STORY
6/8-149; 6/11-147; 6/18-145; 6/20-144; 6/23-145; 6/25-146; 6/27-145; 6/29-146; 7/2-144; 7/4-143; 7/7-142; 7/9-141; 7/11-140; 7/14-141; 7/30-139; 8/1-138
VFT August 1 after 8 weeks of alternate-day dieting!

Last edited by weasel!; 05-30-2007 at 01:10 PM..
Closed Thread