Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #2581
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb

Thankyouverymuch, Kelley!

Lordy, lordy....where does time go! No time to post lately.

Taking the day off and rewriting the book on multi-tasking.

Keeping it LC until Sunday (family party), and I'll make it a med/high day.

Wine flows freely tonight, however.

Slept in this morning, and then began my to-do list.

Off now to get my workout in.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 12-18-2009 at 09:38 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #2582
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingwell
Have a great time with your family!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #2583
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Must be so exciting seeing him after 15 years have a great weekend and enjoy that wine
Old 12-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #2584
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surarch
Stats: (200)198/166/125 5.5"
WOE: Eating clean
hey T
wish you a great weekend and fun time with your family... wowww it will be fab to celebrate the party times with your brother after so many years

Old 12-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #2585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Old 12-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #2586

GW, TBF, Surbhi and Dani......and thanks for the weekend wishes. Same to all of you. Be safe and well this weekend.

My middle son arrived home night before last from college. We had some bonding time together today. He's keeping his diet LC and LOTS of protein for now, and plans to indulge (like me) on party day and on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We "have each other's number" when it comes to our M.O. He's looking forward to seeing his girlfriend this weekend. She'll be arriving home tonight. He's SMITTEN.

I'm recording my workouts now, as I'm likely not gonna be back on till tomorrow. Food today as been pretty much all protein, minimal fat, low cals and carbs. I'm ready for wine.

WORKOUTS:

50 MINS UB AND LB WEIGHTS (OMG IT FELT GREAT)
30 mins cardio elliptical
Old 12-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #2587

Updating for Saturday, 12-18.

Low carbs (prob 50 or under), low calories. Didn't track, but didn't need to. Very controlled eating all day. Feeling good. Energetic.

Busy day, so again, lots of multi-tasking.

We began with about 11 inches of snow from the storm, and because it was wet and heavy, it began melting throughout the day, and we're at about 6 inches now. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. I've been waiting for a White Christmas for the last 7+ years...it's been on the top of my "wish list" every year.

I'm in heaven. Chistmas Splendor Heaven.

Famly Christmas party today. Can't wait.

WORKOUTS FOR SATURDAY:

35 mins cardio, elliptical
10 mins of ab work

Old 12-21-2009, 05:09 AM   #2588
Senior LCF Member

Hope the time with your family was everything you wanted it to be...and then some!

I strayed last week...it showed on the scale. Back to the plan...gonna keep working on it!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #2589
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Wishing all the best with your family! Peace, love and happiness to you and yours. K
Old 12-22-2009, 03:03 AM   #2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingwell View Post
Hope the time with your family was everything you wanted it to be...and then some!

I strayed last week...it showed on the scale. Back to the plan...gonna keep working on it!
It was great, GW. Having my brother with us for the first time in that many years, all of us together in one place, celebrating Christmas, fantastic. He and I are very close, despite the miles that span us. My extended family has grown quite large over the years, and the blend of personalities can be sometimes, uh, challenging? Don't know if you've seen the movie Home for the Holidays (I must purchase this for my library), but it paints a very accurate picture. I sort of shadowed him, both directly and indirectly, almost in protection mode, from those who may victimize him in unsolicited, unexpected displays of, well, who knows. It was partly comical. But actually, it went very well. The only negative of the party was that my oldest, Zach, was not there with us. Huge hole in my heart because of that.

As for your straying last week, it happens. If it was only one day, it's likely just water that caused that scale to bounce up. Keep in mind that the zigzagging of calories (and carbs) is actually a boost to your metabolism, so don't sweat it too bad. Cycling is daunting at first, but our bodies really do adjust, and we gain more and more discipline, less fear, and before you know it, you JUST DO IT, instinctively, no-hands approach, and that's when you know it's become ingrained, a habit. It will happen to you too. Be patient. Work it. Listen to your body. Pay attention. Put in your time with your workouts. Drink plenty of water. Stay focused. You know the plan, the rules. Just take it one day at a time.

Hoping you have a great day today.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:06 AM   #2591

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Wishing all the best with your family! Peace, love and happiness to you and yours. K
Back at you, girl, and with an added wish for good health and healing.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:11 AM   #2592

Updating:

Sunday was my high carb day (party day). Didn't track, but ate within reason, indulging in a few favorites. Workouts: 20 mins Callanetics and 30 mins cardio.

Monday: Back to low carb, low calorie. Busy all day. Got most of my shopping completed, along with a big dent in wrapping last night. Workouts: 30 mins Turbo Jam, 3 sets of 30 DB squats.

Tuesday - Wednesday: Low carb, low calorie. Workout today: UB weights and light cardio; abs.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:25 AM   #2593
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Twyla! I'm working on it...hope the week goes well for you and that you get a little time off for the holiday, too!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #2594

As it stands, these few days before Christmas and the day of are sort of a holding pattern. I am staying in control, vigilant, but at the same time, I'll enjoy the "diet break" aspect of this time and indulge in my favorites with family and friends. It's part of what makes Christmas. I know the ropes. I know how to pull back and resume. I've learned so very much this past year. Too much to even try to put into words. These tools have recreated me, motivated me, inspired me, and sustained me.

I'm so thankful to you, Btinc, for being my inspiration this year.

Taking the day off to enjoy time alone and with my sons, bake a little, prep make-ahead dishes a little, clean a little, rest a little, sing a little -- YES, SING -- and prepare to welcome Santa's arrival.

Tonight is Christmas Eve Live Nativity practice. Dress rehearsal. The costumes are so beautiful, so authentic. I've been in the play for the last four years, and it's an honor to be a part The Christmas Story. It makes Christmas for me and for my family. It's always packed for this evening, all seats taken, many having to stand. The stage is round, large, and it revolves, with the Star of Bethlehem hanging centered above. It's dark in the entire room except for that star and the spotlights on the characters of the stage. Very cool. The story ends with each person in attendance lighting a candle and singing Silent Night, then leaving in silence.

And THAT is Christmas.

Wishing we would have a fresh snow on Christmas Eve or Day, but not looking good. There will be snow on the ground from the earlier storm, but most of it is melted.

I'm thankful for that snow at least. How I love a white Christmas.

So. Today is cardio and abs only. Taking a break from LB stuff for a few days, nursing a pulled groin muscle (again).

Today will be low. Tomorrow will be .... who knows. Celebrative?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #2595
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: btinc
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

As it stands, these few days before Christmas and the day of are sort of a holding pattern. I am staying in control, vigilant, but at the same time, I'll enjoy the "diet break" aspect of this time and indulge in my favorites with family and friends. It's part of what makes Christmas. I know the ropes. I know how to pull back and resume. I've learned so very much this past year. Too much to even try to put into words. These tools have recreated me, motivated me, inspired me, and sustained me.

I'm so thankful to you, Btinc, for being my inspiration this year.

You are truly welcome, enjoy your holiday.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #2596
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)

T, I LOVE these festive holiday lights!

Miss Ya ... but no time to Post ... yet.
Life is Fast & Furious; but Life is Good.

Hawaii was phenomenal.
The Land spoke to us...

Happy Christmas & Merry Everything!!

U have Brother in "what part" of CA?
U never mentioned that before!!

Last edited by hummingbird11; 12-24-2009 at 01:21 AM..
Old 12-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #2597
Senior LCF Member

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas! Thank you so much for all your help...I'm not "there" yet, but I'm working on it and trying to follow your advice. Have a great time with your family.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #2598
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Merry xmas T have a great time, best wishes to you and yours!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #2599
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Yeahhhhhh! YOU GO GIRL! YOU continue to inspire ME!!
Can't wait to catch-up w/ you & everyone ~ it's been a looong time...
I'm really looking forward to making 2010 MY YEAR to REALLY THRIVE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

DITTO 4 ME!
I'm also enjoying a "Diet Break" per se (from Thanksgiving to New Year's) BUT I'm still keeping an eye on the overall Calories.
Quality NOT Quantity.
Christmas Treats are just that...TREATS...it's when we continue to "treat" ourselves past the Holidaze that we get into "trouble"...

PS: Today (Dec 26) = my "jump start" on my New Years Resolutions.
(plz see my Journal for "details" + I appreciate your input anytime! )

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches

Last edited by hummingbird11; 12-26-2009 at 02:02 PM..
Old 12-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #2600

Hello, HB, GW, and TBF!

Hope you guys had a great holiday.

HB, you've been gone far too long. Anxious to hear your updates.

I've had a great Christmas with family and friends, and I've stayed more in control this holiday than I ever have in the past. The discipline and control has been easier to implement this Christmas season than in times past, for some reason, and I'm very proud of myself for making good choices. I've indulged a little the last four days, but within reason. Yay me!

Two more outings between now and New Year's, so I'm hoping to keep up the discipline.

I've only missed one day working out. My hams are sore today from yesterday's LB workout -- but it feels great.

Sharing a few pics from late November through Christmas Day to document the holidays:

THANKSGIVING DAY - On my hike after dinner

VEGAS - Early December

CHRISTMAS EVE

BOARD GAMES WITH FAMLILY - Christmas Eve

OPENING GIFTS CHRISTMAS MORNING (with dog Chessie)

PREPARING CHRISTMAS DINNER in the kitchen

My bet with my husband, harassing him for not lifting weights, and accusing him of being too weak to lift me or carry me .... (he won that argument after a sneak attack) ... but I'm not gonna let up on the harassing.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:20 AM   #2601
Senior LCF Member

You are so beautiful--inside and out. Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

As for me, I'm ready for January 4 when my husband goes back to work and my kids go back to school! My needs have sort of taken a back burner until then. My houseguests will be gone then, too...and then I will be a happy camper once again! Off to clean the house BEFORE the guests arrive....
Old 12-28-2009, 06:21 AM   #2602
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DiSa
Stats: 193/190/160
WOE: LC - 90 Day Blitz Challenge
Start Date: 6/28/2010
Wonderful pictures of you and so nice to know that you seeming enjoyed Christmas.

I thought of you last week in my prayers remembering that your son would not be at home this year for the holiday, not sure why it came on me but I asked God to continue to Bless him and be with him and you as well.

Your such an inspiration to so many so when we know the hole in your heart pounds a bit heavier it ours pounds a bit heavier for you. Glad to know you made it through Christmas, that you had time with your family and especially your brother, glad that you got some snow and that you had the opportunity to enjoy being in your Christmas program sounds like it was fabulous!

Here's wishing you well in 2010 and hoping that life brings you all things good.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #2603

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingwell View Post
You are so beautiful--inside and out. Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

As for me, I'm ready for January 4 when my husband goes back to work and my kids go back to school! My needs have sort of taken a back burner until then. My houseguests will be gone then, too...and then I will be a happy camper once again! Off to clean the house BEFORE the guests arrive....

GW, By Jan 4, you'll have a clean slate to start fresh and focused.

Are you having guests for New Years? Woo-hoo....that sounds like fun??? Details?
Old 12-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #2604

Monday Dec 27

Thank you, GW & Disa.

As for Zach, it was wonderful SKYPING with him Christmas morning. Set up the laptop near the Christmas tree, and he spent the next couple of hours with us, talking, laughing, watching us open gifts, etc. Just before we signed off, I placed the laptop in front of the tree, and my other two sons and I gathered around the laptop and my husband took a pic of me and my sons by the tree. You could actually see Zach's image on the laptop very well in the picture. So very cool. He sent us a great care package from Japan with these little thoughtful gifts for us inside. It really lifted me up, having him WITH us, if only by means of technology. Hearing his voice, seeing his face, hearing him laugh...That was my Christmas.

Okay. Official post day. Tracking begins again today. Today through Wednesday will be low carb days for me. New Year's Eve will be a high day, likely.

Got in one hour of Super Callanetics this morning. Felt wonderful. Cardio for tonight.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #2605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As always, BEAUTIFUL pics Twyla! The one of your hubby lifting you up is so cute. I say keep up the harassing about the weights.

Isn't Skype a great thing? I'm so glad you and your whole family got to spend Christmas morning together.

Thank you so much for being such a great friend and support to me on the boards this year. Here's to a wonderful New Year!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #2606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

p.s. The pic of you in Vegas would make a lovely avatar
Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #2607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Twyla, omgosh, who is cuter than you? I really love your dedication and steady focus. Awesome as always.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #2608
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Popping in to say Hi T! Enjoying time with the kiddies. I got a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and I like it for the tests and keeping track, and the fun exercises, but don't get that great exhausted feeling I do after a run or Shaun T!

BTW, the pics just gorgeous. You are so photogenic and they really capture your spirit. Hugs!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:23 AM   #2609
Senior LCF Member

Hi Twyla,
I can only hope that you have a crystal ball and are right about what is in store for me on January 4...and for all of 2010. Thanks, as always for the inspiration.

My guests? Lovely people--my parents-in-law and brother-in-law...my p-i-l will force themselves to stay up until around 10 p.m. on NYE--and then they will head off to bed. No exciting parties at this house!

Hope you have a nice holiday. I'm glad you got to connect with your oldests son on Christmas.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:42 AM   #2610

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Twyla, omgosh, who is cuter than you? I really love your dedication and steady focus. Awesome as always.
OH.MY.GOSH.

DAISY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU BEEN, GIRL?

It is great to see you, and that is a beautiful avatar ya got goin there. I am so glad to see you back on the boards.
You don't need ME to tell you how much you were missed.

Thank you for the kudos...too kind...I'll wear out my welcome in your journal.

Hopy you've had a great Christmas....and the New Year is just days away. Anxious to see what it holds for YOU.
Closed Thread