Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 03:03 AM   #1741
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Twyla!!!!

I hope that you are enjoying your vacation!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #1742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
dear Twyla!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful birthday on vacation! You just keep getting better with age! Honestly, you don't look a day over 35.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #1743
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Hi Twyla

I hope you are having a great vacation. When you come back would you mind taking a look at post #15 on my journal and tell me what you think?
I'm starting out simple - but would appreciate your input. Thank you.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #1744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 03:58 AM   #1745
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Posting a thank you for all those birthday wishes from you guys! How thoughtful.

(Redeemed, I'll visit your journal, k?)

I'm sitting here staring out at the Gulf, GORGEOUS morning. Couldn't sleep. Was up at 5:20, wide awake. Finally crawled out of bed and started coffee at 6:00. The ocean looks so beautiful. I don't want to leave here. It always feels like "my other home." But today is my last day on vacation, and all good things must come to an end.

I've done very well eating wise on vacation. I've had a few indulgences to make it enjoyable, mostly in the form of Coldstone icecream and afternoon beverages on the beach; and pizza and soft pretzels while at Disney. I've had some yummy bread with dinner a few times. Otherwise, I've eaten rather clean. It's been GREAT. Wouldn't want it any other way. I want to enjoy myself, but I DO NOT want to lose control and feel like crap physically. I always FEEL so much better when I eat clean.

I've worked out most every day, always in the morning, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The weight room here is VERY stuffy and cramped, but I managed. I'm used to lifting in private, so being around others and observing their protocol can be, uh..... amusing? (What are they thinking!!!???) People are funny. Takes all kinds, I suppose, to keep the world interesting.

I've had a WONDERFUL time at Marco. It's been a great time of sharing with family and friends. I'm blessed.

My journey continues.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #1746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwww Twyla, your vacation sounds wonderful! I love getting up early on vacations and spending some time alone by the water. Such a serene time of day...and being near the ocean is always a blessing.

Good choice on the Coldstone Creamery!

I'm so impressed that you've been working out everyday while on vacation. That is COMMITMENT right there!

Big !!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #1747
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Back!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #1748

TUES JUN 30

Feeling very out of the loop, having been gone for a while, first; and just trying to play catch up since returning.

My brother was in town from CA yesterday, and his flight leaves this morning, so as soon as I was out of court, I flew to be with him at my mom's and spent a long time catching up, well into the evening.

Still exhausted from the trip and the commitments on Sunday, I had hoped I'd have time/energy to get in a little cardio last night, but no way. Just drained! Did a little more unpacking/organizing, then hit the sheets pronto. Out like a light till this morning. Tried to find energy to work out this morning, but my body was screaming for more sleep, even after coffee. So I fell BACK asleep on the FLOOR in the family room. :blush:

I'm finally feeling more like myself since arriving to work -- for the first time since arriving home Sunday night.

After my 3-day food/carb orgy beginning Friday (somewhat planned, but it got out of hand thanks to TOM), I'm keeping to ketogenic for a stretch, and then I'll begin targeting macros again for more work on body comp.

My job will be rather demanding for a while, combining court dockets with appellate transcripts to prepare. I'll have to be on my toes for a while, both with work and with fitness goals.

YESTERDAY'S TOTALS:

CALS 1992

PROT.....223 GR....4%
CARBS....51 GR.....9%
FIBER.....14 GR
FAT.......100 GR....45%

20 MINS CARDIO A.M.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #1749
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: umakrishna_uk
Hi
I am new to this site and thread. But after reading the posts I am totally motivated to take up callanetics. Will post my progress here. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 AM   #1750

Hey, U. Nice to meet you, and glad you're discovered Callanetics. I've preached lengthy sermons over the past four years of my love affair with Callanetics. I'm confident you'll find it equally rewarding.

I've been on vacation, and I only did C. twice in the last two weeks, so I really miss it myself...getting back into the swing of things now, so I'm anxious to resume my commitment and will look forward to your own progress and results.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:37 AM   #1751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/151.6/147--5'9"
WOE: Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse/Thrive
Start Date: May 2013
Welcome back, Twyla! http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...ilies/hugs.gif

FWIW, I tried going lower carb after coming back from church camp (e.g. 87g carb, 140g pro, 30% fat)-and dropped like a rock back to my low. I felt good physically and was delighted to see the inches go, but I notice feeling a little tense. I wonder if it has to do w/ the WOE. DH asked me if I needed B vitamins. Anyway, I am committed to getting ripped!! I did see my bodyfat drop.

I'm getting back on it as of yesterday, after I spent 4 days at the regional baseball tourney w/ DS#2!! Yippee!! Are we numbers people or what, I was all over his stats compared to the other boys his age. That guy might have some talent! His team took 4th at regionals and the top 3 had started practice 3 months earlier.

How could anyone lose weight in that intense heat?? It was very dry there in northern New Mexico, but standing in the 90 degree hot sun, yikes. We'll see how long it takes my body to give up the extra water.

Sorry work is intense-do you get Friday off? They're running DH crazy in order to get the time off, is that the case for you, too?

So glad you're back!!http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...lies/heart.gif
Old 06-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #1752
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Happy (belated) birthday Twyla!!!

Isn't it funny how you need some days to actually recover from being on vacation?

Still waiting on those new 'do pics.

Have a lovely day! (I love me some 4-day work weeks!)
Old 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #1753
Major LCF Poster!

T, If you have not lifted in a week, I am sure you will get your DOMS.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #1754

Laurie, congrats on your son's baseball sucesses; and as WELL on your fitness progress You sound very focused and committed.....As for getting off this weekend, yes, we have Friday off (state/federal holiday), but I'm gonna be putting in a good bit of "midnight oil" for the next several weeks regardless. I have had two appellate requests, filed at the same time, so essentially due at the same time, long jury trials. Rollin' up those sleeves as I speak!

Angie, thanks for the BD wishes...my boss was JUST commenting this morning about how people need a vacation after they return from vacation, just to regroup! As for the hair, I will dig out some pics and share them. Keep in mind, being in humidity-ridden FL was the true test of this keratin treatment. I knew not to expect stick-straight hair, but just was hoping to have to fuss with it a whole lot less. I've never had anything but wavy/curly hair at the beach in the past. This year, I had a few days it was actually rather straight, soft and manageable! I'll share them soon. Now that I'm back home, it's a BREEZE styling it in the mornings.

Rich, I agree ... I will exp DOMS after this training respite, and I'm looking forward to it. Training is a stress reliever for me, and when I miss my workouts, I can sense a difference in my overall attitude and whatever. Just a happier camper when I train regularly.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:21 AM   #1755

DAY END SUMMARY, TUES, JUN 30

As I had expected, yesterday was non-stop for me. Very little down time. Managed to get in 30 mins of cardio after work, so that was better than nothing. Had a long practice last night (singing trio) that took up most of the evening, and when I returned I took care of misc business then crashed.

My energy is far better this morning; I've had coffee and a light snack, so I'm ready to get in a workout. Morning workouts fit best for me. Too much can get in my way later in the day. I feel more energetic, clear-minded, and accomplished when I can work out first thing in the a.m.

Glad that I'm starting to feel more like myself. Waiting patiently for TOM to move on. Noticeable swelling and water retention the last few days, and it's starting to lessen.

TOTALS FROM YESTERDAY:

CALS 2006

PROT.....208....43%
CARBS....51.....10%
FIBER.....12
FAT........112....50%
Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #1756

My new "straighter-hair" beach pics. Keep in mind, this is in Florida, at the beach, where my hair is typically very wavy.
The keratin treatment works

(At Disney's Animal Kingdom - Soaked to the bone from heat/humidity!)

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 07-01-2009 at 06:59 AM..
Old 07-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #1757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW TWYLA!!! You look phenomenal!!!

Now I definitely stand by my comment a few weeks ago that you should be a model!

Oh, and your hair looks great too! I don't notice any wavy-ness in those pics!

Thanks for sharing them.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #1758
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And, I think you should make one of these pics your avatar.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #1759
Blabbermouth!!!

TWYLA!!! You look awesome ... as always. Hair? You have hair?? (hard to notice the hair when you can't get past the bod!) LOL Fantastic job! What an amazing journey you've been on the past few years! Have I mentioned you rock lately? Lordy, I better stop... I'm sounding like I'm getting a girl crush on ya.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #1760
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl01 View Post
TWYLA!!! You look awesome ... as always. Hair? You have hair?? (hard to notice the hair when you can't get past the bod!) LOL Fantastic job! What an amazing journey you've been on the past few years! Have I mentioned you rock lately? Lordy, I better stop... I'm sounding like I'm getting a girl crush on ya.

We should start the We Twyla fan club!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #1761
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post

We should start the We Twyla fan club!
Dani, I have a feeling that would be a very popular club!

*fans self*
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 AM   #1762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl01 View Post
Dani, I have a feeling that would be a very popular club!

*fans self*
I think you are right!

*fans self too*
Old 07-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #1763

Okay, you guys can stop now... I'll need to get out of this office eventually, and my head (which is large anyway -- whole 'nother story ) may not make it through the door frame.

:blush:

I was hoping y'all would have a chance to see the pics. Honestly, I even convinced one of the friends we vacation with to have it done to her hair. She's getting married next year, and she's gonna have it done twice before then. They say it "takes" better the second time. I'm hooked. I'll be back for more.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #1764
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla, You look great! I love the hair!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #1765
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/151.6/147--5'9"
WOE: Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse/Thrive
Start Date: May 2013
What they said! Your hair looks great, YOU look great!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:26 AM   #1766

Thanks, Rich & Laurie.

Posting an update from yesterday. Literally did not stop from the time I left the office till I crashed into bed last night. Tonight will be the first night back with no outside commitments, so should be less hectic and more me time.

Gotta get to Sams today and stock up: chicken, salmon, turkey, almonds, s/f Davinci's, LS Detour bars, l/f Cabot cheese, few others. I buy the same stuff every trip; they should have it packaged and waiting for me in the line up front. I come there every time on a mission, tempted to yell, "Slower traffic move to the right, please!" Some people move through stores like they're at at art exhibit. PLEASE. It's a glorified grocery store. Can we pick it up here? Get your stuff and move.

I woke up this morning, and the tune from Oliver immediately came to my mind:
"Oh DOMS!
Wonderful DOMS!
Marvelous DOMS!
Glorious DOMS!"

Did Super Callanetics for the first time in about a week or more, and the afterglow this morning reminded me of its efficacy! Oh, yeah, baby. Love it!

Yesterday's workouts were 1 hour S/C, 15 mins cardio following, 10 mins tricep work. My cals/carbs this week still at maintenance/keto levels.

Feeling great and in control again, the food/carb orgy merely a faded/vague, shameful memory. Love eating clean.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #1767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

I woke up this morning, and the tune from Oliver immediately came to my mind:
"Oh DOMS!
Wonderful DOMS!
Marvelous DOMS!
Glorious DOMS!"

Did Super Callanetics for the first time in about a week or more, and the afterglow this morning reminded me of its efficacy! Oh, yeah, baby. Love it!

Feeling great and in control again, the food/carb orgy merely a faded/vague, shameful memory. Love eating clean.

I love Oliver! So funny!

I am doing Super C today...the afterglow is awesome!

You are right...the food/carb orgies aren't that great anymore...it is the eating clean!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #1768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hi T -

popping by to say I miss ya. Things are mad here (I've explained in my journal) but we're on the move. I'll be back online soon enough I hope.
Take care dear friend. Catch you very soon.

G x
Old 07-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #1769
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surarch
Stats: (200)198/166/125 5.5"
WOE: Eating clean
hey T
how ru doing? wish you a very Happy Belated Birthday n an awesome year ahead..
my exams are almost over.. but im still in india ..stayin with my parents.. will be abck in liek a week's time.. so hopefully i'll be right back on my fitness n on here by that time
Your pics are wow... you look fab in them n your hair for sure are FLOWING like a river

will see ya more of you n everone in a week or so
have a great day
Old 07-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #1770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend dear Twyla!
Closed Thread