Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #1681
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES JUN 2

VERY busy day today. This whole week is just jam-packed of stuff going on! I'll be glad when Saturday gets here.

Today was a low day in rotations and I'm trying to cycle calories for at least a week to "polish" off before vacation. So today was a low day in calories also, tomorrow being med carbs and higher cals.

Middle son's graduating tonight, family is in, and I'm preparing dinner, so lots going on this evening. It will be a bittersweet, memorable and no doubt tearful event, at least for "Mommy."

TOTALS:

CALS 1215 (pre-planned menu)

PROT....156 GR....52%
CARBS....51 GR....16%
FIBER.....22
FAT........53 GR.....39%

WORKOUTS:

20 mins Ab Jam
35 mins UB splits (biceps/triceps/delts)

[/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #1682

[COLOR="Sienna"]WED JUN 3

Cycled up to higher cals today and medium carbs. No issues. Hunger controlled all day. Energy good. No cravings. Oddly enough, whether by coincidence or not, I felt/looked leaner today. Encouraging.

Back to low carb and very low cal tomorrow.

I will continue this cycle for as many days as my body responds to it and as long as I can hang with it. So far, it seems very doable.

TOTALS:

1877 CALS

PROT....219 ....47% (didn't intend for it to be this high:blush
CARBS....150.....28%
FIBER......27
FAT.........58......28%

WORKOUTS:

a.m.
Abs segment of Super Callanetics
32 mins running intervals (45/30 x 20)

p.m.
30 mins LB weights
Ab Ripper 200
[/COLOR]
Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 AM   #1683
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Your countdown is like 12 days or something?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #1684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardolowcarbo View Post
Your countdown is like 12 days or something?

Yes. That's why I'm "dialing" in, as the masters call it. The cycling of both carbs/cals.

I'm getting my hair chemically straightened on [COLOR="SandyBrown"]Monday afternoon [/COLOR]-- never had this done before -- and I can't wash my hair or put it in a pony tail of any kind for 72 hrs after it's done. Well, since I'm working next week, that may be, uh, interesting? So I'm thinking I need to avoid workouts for Tuesday and Wednesday so there will be less need to wash my hair and/or put in pony tail, and then I can get in a workout on Thursday evening when the "wait" is up.

All the more reason to watch the calorie intake during those couple of days.

The straightening will make it easier to deal with my naturally wavy hair while at the humidity-ridden beach, having just enuf wave as it is to be annoying. If I had MORE wave, that would be fine and I'd just go with the flow, but gonna try this process out and see what happens.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #1685

[COLOR="Red"]New favorite recipe. Found this on another fitness website, can't remember which one since I frequent several, but here goes:

EASY FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN

Place frozen chicken breasts or breast tenders (1.5 - 2 lbs) in a crockpot
and sprinkle one packet of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip mix over them.
No need to add water or anything else. Cover.
Cook on high for about 4 hrs or until done, stirring once if needed.

AWESOME.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #1686
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

I'm getting my hair chemically straightened on [COLOR="SandyBrown"]Monday afternoon [/COLOR]-- never had this done before

<snip>

The straightening will make it easier to deal with my naturally wavy hair while at the humidity-ridden beach, having just enuf wave as it is to be annoying. If I had MORE wave, that would be fine and I'd just go with the flow, but gonna try this process out and see what happens.
I will be so interested in seeing how you like this. I have super wavy hair and use a chi flat iron on it almost daily, and have considered - what is it called - the ionic straightening? Anyway, can't wait to hear your reviews.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl01 View Post
I will be so interested in seeing how you like this. I have super wavy hair and use a chi flat iron on it almost daily, and have considered - what is it called - the ionic straightening? Anyway, can't wait to hear your reviews.

Angie, I'll be sure to let you know.

My husband has been in the beauty/hair industry (sales) for many years, and I should correct myself in the way I worded this service.

Rather than a chemical straightener, it's actually a Keratin based service that does not bother the bonds in the hair. Keratin is put into the hair in this process, which is not a chemical, since the hair is actually made up of Keratin. So this service is actually good for the hair and it won't hurt the hair or the elasticity of the hair, unlike chemical-based straightners which destroy the elasticity of the hair and cannot be used on people with highly processed hair.

So when I said "chemically" straightened, I misspoke. But you get the point.

I'm having internet issues at home. May not be back online until tomorrow morning if the techie doesn't show up to check the line. It's in the line, not in the modem or router.

So my daily totals and such will be posted likely tomorrow morning.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #1688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LisaWV
Stats: 352/243/140
WOE: Open Trap - Insert Food
Start Date: Jan 2003
Doin' great twyla!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:09 AM   #1689

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaWV View Post
Doin' great twyla!
Hey, Lisa (Thanks) Our paths haven't crossed in a while. How have YOU been, girl?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Still no DSL at home......who knows when the spirit will move these people to wander out to fix the line. It occurred to me, there are people in my profession who work out of their homes via the Internet -- their livelihood is dependent on a high-speed internet connection every day. Apparently there is a shortage of these techie guys who do these repairs, so ... uh, why? Newsflash: People are out of work and need jobs, Verizon. So put people to work, make your customers happy, and life will be good for all. Rocket science?

Rant over.

Didn't stick to my VL cals like I had planned yesterday. The hungries attacked yesterday late evening, and I ate because, well, I was starving. So what now, Houston?

I guess I'll shoot for a 1600-1700 calorie day and pick up the pieces.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #1690

[COLOR="Sienna"]VERIZON DSL tech support is worthless.

It's unlikely that I'll be posting until Monday. [/COLOR]
Old 06-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #1691
Major LCF Poster!

Have a Great Weekend?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #1692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/151.6/147--5'9"
WOE: Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse/Thrive
Start Date: May 2013
Oh, shikes, does that mean no ****** too?! Bummer!

I ran right out and got the ingredients for the fiesta chicken and it's great! The fam had it shredded in burritos.

Re: firming legs and tail, I do this monster Pilates class 2x a week, the legs are most of it and really hard. I typed up the routine, and I can't keep adding after I get to 450 squats. There's a billion lunges too. It has done so much good for my legs, which used to be bulky back when I lifted weights a lot. Now I can see the definition of all different parts of my leg muscles, but they're tight and not huge. Do you want me to post it so you can try it? I think it'd take 40-50 minutes to do what I have typed up. I don't know of ANY videos that do this workout, although I've seen parts of it googling on youtube. Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this workout. Love it, love it, love it. Maybe I could post it under muscle matters.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #1693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
What a bummer! We won't get our Twlya dose this weekend. Hope they straighten it out for you and your weekend goes well otherwise!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:19 AM   #1694
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, it is strange not to see the exercise energizer bunny on the board this weekend. Your right Dani, she is like a dose of inspiration. I can only imagine all of the cardio she is doing and the callanetics. See Twyla, gone for two days and you are missed. I hope that you are enjoying your weekend.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:57 AM   #1695

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinCO View Post
Oh, shikes, does that mean no ****** too?! Bummer!

I ran right out and got the ingredients for the fiesta chicken and it's great! The fam had it shredded in burritos.

Re: firming legs and tail, I do this monster Pilates class 2x a week, the legs are most of it and really hard. I typed up the routine, and I can't keep adding after I get to 450 squats. There's a billion lunges too. It has done so much good for my legs, which used to be bulky back when I lifted weights a lot. Now I can see the definition of all different parts of my leg muscles, but they're tight and not huge. Do you want me to post it so you can try it? I think it'd take 40-50 minutes to do what I have typed up. I don't know of ANY videos that do this workout, although I've seen parts of it googling on youtube. Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this workout. Love it, love it, love it. Maybe I could post it under muscle matters.
Laurie, glad you liked the chicken. It IS very good!

Yes, by all means, I'm always open to muscle confusion, new routines, etc. Would love to hear about the leg routine. If it's not too much trouble, give me the details on what you can.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #1696

Thanks, Dani & Rich!

I don't want to even THINK about this internet SNAFU, much less discuss it. $#@W!@#!^*&@!

Needless to say, I'm changing internet providers. So who knows when I'll have internet service at home. All of my posting will have to be done at work, unfortunately, until it's resolved.

Aside from the internet headache, this weekend was a good one. Stayed on track as scheduled, alternating low and med days with low/med calories. Good workouts. Saturday was an all cardio day; Sunday was a more intense day for workouts, combining both weights and cardio. This morning (Monday), I warmed up with 30 mins of the Super Callanetics workout, then did 32 mins of running intervals, and will finish the S/C later this evening. I'll be taking it easy until Thursday because I can't work out -- no ponytails or shampoo allowed for 72 hrs after my straightening service this afteroon. My hair is longish and VERY thick, and it is pure misery working out if I can't put it in a ponytail! So I may squeeze in light Callanetics off and on, but don't want to work up a sweat for obvious reasons. I STILL have to go to work and look presentable. Anxious to see how this turns out.

So no workouts means keeping carbs and cals low through Thursday. Basically keto.

My run felt great this morning, despite the humidity, partly because I knew I wouldn't get to "PUSH IT" for a few days. My "last dance" with endorphins for a while.

Got some sun this weekend.

Weigh in this weekend: Back to my lowest weight.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Great finale for my youngest son's end of season game: He got a base hit and scored THE ONLY RUN for his team in the 6th inning. Very close, intense game, but they lost by one run at the bottom of the 6th. Score was 0 to 0 until the 6th inning! Losing the tie was very disappointing to his team, but he was personally vindicated after a frustrating season of dealing with his own demons and climb to self-confidence, claiming the glory of scoring the one and only run that possibly could have won the game for them. Very cool. Great game. [/COLOR]

Old 06-08-2009, 06:22 AM   #1697
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Laurie, glad you liked the chicken. It IS very good!

Yes, by all means, I'm always open to muscle confusion, new routines, etc. Would love to hear about the leg routine. If it's not too much trouble, give me the details on what you can.
I posted in on this site, I think under muscle matters. Let me know if you have any questions! I used to do "normal" weights, and ended up with my quads too big for skinny jeans. That sucked. This Pilates stuff has done wonders for my legs and they're not bulky.

Pilates is what Faith Hill does, have you seen her?! She had 3 babies, too!

Back to your lowest weight! Awesome!! Doesn't that lift you up! I'll be interested in your feeling about the hair treatment.

Congrats to your youngest, too! We're not quite done with baseball, and both of my sons have been having trouble with hitting because they're trying to do every little thing anybody has advised them. So yesterday, I took them to the batting cages and said, "Push aside every piece of advice you've gotten and just fill in with YOU." And they hit like crazy. Can't wait for a game-one more on Tuesday then we go to church camp.

Last edited by LinCO; 06-08-2009 at 06:26 AM..
Old 06-08-2009, 06:38 AM   #1698

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinCO View Post
I posted in on this site, I think under muscle matters. Let me know if you have any questions! I used to do "normal" weights, and ended up with my quads too big for skinny jeans. That sucked. This Pilates stuff has done wonders for my legs and they're not bulky.

Pilates is what Faith Hill does, have you seen her?! She had 3 babies, too!

Back to your lowest weight! Awesome!! Doesn't that lift you up! I'll be interested in your feeling about the hair treatment.

Congrats to your youngest, too! We're not quite done with baseball, and both of my sons have been having trouble with hitting because they're trying to do every little thing anybody has advised them. So yesterday, I took them to the batting cages and said, "Push aside every piece of advice you've gotten and just fill in with YOU." And they hit like crazy. Can't wait for a game-one more on Tuesday then we go to church camp.
Laurie, thanks. Gonna head over to MM and check out your post. Anxious to see how it compares with Callanetics. Have you ever done Callanetics, by the way? It has the same kind of effect as you've spoken of, strengthening/leaning w/o bulk. I know some people who do both. So I'm anxious to see what you've written.

My legs are 99.9% of my hurdle, esp when shopping for clothes. I bought a pair of Size 6 low-slung charcoal gray pants at Gap last week. They're snug in the thighs, but a little too big in the waist. A 4 wouldn't have worked because of the legs being too snug. So as I mentioned in an earlier post, my emphasis from this point forward is my legs. They'll never be "small," it's genetics. But they can be leaner, once I get "meaner" with my agenda.

Great advice to your sons: "Put the advice aside for now, and fill in with YOU."

PERFECT!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #1699
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Just popping by to say hi....
Miss posting - things been a lil hectic here. Stay well.
G x
Old 06-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #1700
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]

Weigh in this weekend: Back to my lowest weight.
Congrats!!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #1701
Senior LCF Member

Actually, dear, I found this whole board because I googled callanetics and YOU popped up!! http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...es/rofl.gifTry it! There's Twyla! Yes, I've done callanetics, love it, need to do it more often. But it's not as good for the legs, I think, more hips and abs. You think? If you do the pilates mat workout I wrote up, it should be HARD.

BTW, I had to double-check what you're doing (since it's worked)-this is what I found for carb rotations and I think I cribbed it from you:
Cals 1600-1800
Mon med Tues low W med Th low-med F low S high
carbs in grams: low=85 med=135 high=250

However, you seem to be having LOW LOW days for vacay prep, I'm seeing carbs around 50 and cals around 1400.

When I check my 2 month average on ******, it's right at that medium, but I never have low low days. I'm going to try it after church camp, for MY vacay prep.

Thanks, thanks, thanks for sharing your journal!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #1702

Laurie,

I've checked out the post. I'll have to give some of those a try. Many of those I'm doing some form/fashion of it already, but I can see how the combined effect and the number of reps would be effective.

Just to clarify, the carb/cal amounts you mentioned, I've cut way down these last few weeks before vacation to SHAKE IT UP AND LEAN IT DOWN, so I'm not doing high days at all for the present time, only low and mediums.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #1703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you are back with us! Congrats on getting back to your lowest weight! Can't wait to see your new hair!!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:45 AM   #1704
Major LCF Poster!

How did your hair come out? What was it like? You must be getting excited for vacation.

Last edited by Bring it on; 06-09-2009 at 03:57 AM..
Old 06-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #1705

MY HAIR???
IT'S THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED [COLOR="DarkOrange"]LOW CARB [/COLOR]BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm anxious to post a picture of myself, but I'm gonna hold off until after the 72-hr wait, shampoo, then maybe post. OMG. I cannot believe this is me. Honestly. Where have I been? Why did I not try this before?

Angie! Dani! If either of you have contemplated doing this, I highly recommend it. It's pricey, but look at it this way. Think of all the time you spend (or maybe you don't) flat ironing your hair, or struggling with bad hair days, esp when it's high humidity? This is AMAZING. My hair has NEVER been this straight or this soft. If feels like baby's hair.

I can't get it wet, I can't sweat, I can't wear ponytails, put it behind my ears, wear any kind of clips, can't even put my sunglasses on my head (which I never do anyway, so...) until after the 72 hrs. That's the interesting concept of this whole thing. The keratin is "setting" right now. So I wait, and I wonder if it will look like this after my first shampoo.

Keratin treatments are gaining a lot of popularity, I'm told, in the salon industry.

I'm anxious to see how it holds up at the beach.

Yesterday was a medium day calorie-wise and a rather low day carb wise. I knew I'd be spending these next few days eating at more of a deficit and lower carbs, no workouts, so I allowed a few extra calories yesterday, even though Sunday was also a medium calorie day. I plan to run Friday morning, so I'm gonna have some carbs on Thursday evening, and then let Friday be a medium carb day, higher calories.

I'm wearing a suit today that I had once contemplated giving away. It never really fit well anyway, but I loved the color and it was the only size they had left, and in the dressing room it fit, well, "okay." Well enuf? Well, that was three years ago. It has hung in the ABYSS of my closet for the last couple of years. Totally had forgotten about it.

More rewards for my hard work: I'm wearing it today, and the pants are actually a little loose in the waist/butt. The jacket fits fine in most places. For suit jackets, I usually need a 10 to compensate. This is a Size 8. But I never button the top button of the suit anyway, so it's fine. I'm thrilled to have a quasi new suit that fits! And in one of my favorite colors! Silky, creamy milk chocolate, linen, with a very, very fine cream pinstripe. Looks great with a tan.

STILL NO INTERNET AT HOME

YESTERDAY'S TOTALS:

CALS 1767

PROT......197 .....45%
CARBS.....63......12%
FIBER......15
FAT..........88......45%

WORKOUTS:

30 mins Super Callanetics
pushups
32 mins running intervals (45/30 x 20)

Old 06-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #1706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so happy for you! What is the procedure called again? Do you know if it be done on chemically treated hair? I'm a gray preemie ...been going gray since my late teens, so I have to do my roots every 6 weeks. My hair is also very wavy and frizzy when it is humid...I would love to have straight hair all the time!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post
I'm so happy for you! What is the procedure called again? Do you know if it be done on chemically treated hair? I'm a gray preemie ...been going gray since my late teens, so I have to do my roots every 6 weeks. My hair is also very wavy and frizzy when it is humid...I would love to have straight hair all the time!

Dani, it's a salon service, just basically a Keratin treatment (salon product) applied to the hair strategically, left on to process, then they take VERY VERY SMALL sections of your hair and flat iron it with product(s) -- not sure what all is used, it's part of the service, but your hairstylist would know. Yes, it can be done on chemically treated hair (mine is highlighted, and I had asked the same question), but you would want to wait 2-3 wks after your color treatment to have this done, and then wait another 3 wks before you can have the color applied after the straightening.

Word of caution: I'd ask your stylist if your salon offers this service and/or if they have been trained to apply it. My lady learned how to do it and is very familiar with the product and end results, as she has had several clients who've requested it.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #1708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds good to me! I'm going to look into it. Do you mind telling me about price?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:56 AM   #1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post
Sounds good to me! I'm going to look into it. Do you mind telling me about price?
Dani, prices in our area range between $200 to $300 per treatment, depending on the salon, on average. Obviously it will be higher in bigger cities.

I can tell you this: Not having to fight my hair every morning to get it to cooperate is worth a lot of money to me. I wish you could feel my hair! It feels like a baby's hair. It looks incredibly healthy and silky, and I'm convinced this look has even shaved a few years off -- of course, that is not an issue for YOU, but just sayin. I can't say enuf to express my complete satisfaction. I'm hooked. I plan to do it again when it's time. I'm told this lasts up to 3-4 months. What a deal!

And by the way, I asked my husband, and he said it's best for you to have your color done, then wait a few days to a week and you can proceed with the keratin treatment, rather than what I told you yesterday.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #1710

[COLOR="Sienna"]Day-end update for Tuesday, June 9:

....waiting....no workouts. A good night's rest Monday night. That's a plus. My target for cals was 1200-1300, for carbs, 50 or under. I left my flashdrive at home, so I'm going off memory, but I ended up with around 1370 for cals and 60 (exactly) for carbs. No workouts at all. Just a lot of singing (does that burn calories?).

Today, more of the same. Except I spent about 30 mins this morning doing some circuit training, alternating some Super Callan leg/ab work with tricep work. I turned the AC way down and kept a fan blowing the whole time I was working out. NO SWEATING. What little bit I did actually felt great.

Still no internet at home. But new service provider will be installing their equipment on Thursday evening between 5-7:00 pm.

VERIZON?
[/COLOR]
Closed Thread