LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #1651
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
That sounds yummy. I know exactly what a wad it too. Isn't that a scientific unit of measurement?
The woman knows her stuff.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #1652

[COLOR="Sienna"]THURS MAY 28

Busy day in court. Busy day period. Graduation Day for my 11yr old. Just dropped him off at the elem school for his Hummer Limo ride, along with his classmates, to the HS where the commencement ceremonies/dinner/dance will be. Very cool. Took a pic in front of one of the hummer limos.

I've totaled my eats, and I plan to only PICK at my food at this event, likely laden with fat and carbs.

TOTALS:

1337 CALS
150 PROT
46 CARBS
14 FIBER
64 FAT

WORKOUTS:

35 MINS TURBO JAM (A.M.)
POWER90 AB RIPPER 300 (AFTERNOON)
100 BW SUMO SQUATS[/COLOR]
Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 AM   #1653
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Twyla,

I hope that your son had fun and felt special last night! Another milestone mom. What a precious memory!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:34 AM   #1654
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surarch
Stats: (200)198/166/125 5.5"
WOE: Eating clean
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
[COLOR="Sienna"]YUMMY PROTEIN BALLS

4 scoops chocolate whey protein
4 Tbs nat PB
1-2 packets of Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of milled flax
3-5 Tbs of water

Mix all the above -- it will seem too thick, but keep stirring -- until completely mixed sufficiently. If you need to, add the water a little at a time. You want it to be thick.

Divide into 5 separate wads of dough. (Like that word, "wad"?) Roll each into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and store in frig.

Very filling and FUN TO EAT 'cause it hits the sweet spot, for one; and two, it's a good, quick, balanced mini meal of protein.[/COLOR]

(Optional: You can add 2-3 Tbs of Fiber One to add fiber/carbs to the mix also.)
Hey T

I'm stealin these too ..i always have prob with understanding to make the meals you guys make (vbeing an indian n i always ate indian food) but these seem like i can make them
i'll try the recipe soon n will let you know how it went

anyways, how ru doing? im usin the net less frequently now.. as i have some exams comin in june n gotta find time for them.. and i know once i login here thre goes atleat couple of hours n books remain nowhere in site...

see ya later..

"YOU can have anything you want- if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, have anything you desire, accomplish anything you set out to accomplish - if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose."

Total Inches Lost: 20.5
total weight loss: 34 lbs
Old 05-29-2009, 06:24 AM   #1655

Surbhi, I totally agree...those exams should come first. And yes, if we allow ourselves, we can spend too much time online and not enough time "getting it done," whatever IT happens to be at the moment.

Glad you can use the ProBalls recipe. It's a keeper

Good luck with your exams.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:36 AM   #1656

[COLOR="Sienna"]Graduation event went well. He received his little diploma -- which he was VERY proud of, BTW -- and all the 5th Grade Classes sang songs for the parents. I videoed some of it. Took pics. Then we all ate dinner, followed by a dance in the gymnasium, complete with strobe lights and such. I doubted my son would dance, knowing his personality, somewhat introverted when it comes to things like this. But to my amazement, I looked over at one time and he's BREAK DANCING on the floor! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Breaking out of his shell into an unleashed frenzy of confidence?

[/COLOR]
Old 05-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #1657
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Congratulations on the graduation! (My stepson just graduated from 5th grade too)

Love the break dancing image! Rock on!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #1658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/158/152--5'9"
WOE: Back to SB!!
Start Date: Aug 2014
T-
everybody's calling you inspirational, but I know it's really that you're an endorphin junkie! http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...lies/laugh.gif
I have been feeling hyper every morning, so this morning I finally went running. It feels great! Great! GREAT!!

The other thing someone on this board reminded me of was dry brushing, that feels great too.http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...lies/cool1.gif

Here's the key I never had figured out before: low-carb! I ran first thing in the morning for years, years and years-it always felt great. But I used to follow that food combining meal plan, so I'd be having nothing but fruit until noon. I had major blood sugar issues, need I say. The highs were great!

Congrats to your graduate/break-dancer! DS#2 has his last day of school today, he was up so early! DS#1 gained 4 lbs this week, but his bodyfat stayed the same. He's been growing, too, he's just a speck below 6'. He was kind of freaked out to gain that much. Puts him at 148. I think his body was ready for more food! I've been telling him he can put off gaining muscle, but if he takes high school football hits and ginks his spine, his spine will stay ginked. So gain muscle now!!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #1659

Laurie, as long as your son is eating clean with his lifting, he shouldn't worry about the gains. That's a good thing. At his height, he can STAND to put on some weight -- HIT THAT IRON AND EAT UP!

Now, what did you mean about the LC and running? I was confused about what you said...you LIKE running on LC, or you DON'T LIKE running on LC?

Me? When I run, I need carbs. Complex carbs. Something I've been shying away from a little more lately in an attempt to shed a couple more pounds before vacay, and the only way to do that is to control my deficits, and the best/easiest way to do that is watch my carbs so that I can maintain appetite suppression. I miss my carbs.

TOM is only days away. I gotta remember that and keep to high fat and low carbs for the next few days.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #1660

[COLOR="Sienna"]FRI (TGIF) MAY 29

Today has been a good day hunger and energy wise.
It's as if I've not had to fight or try to ignore my appetite -- no reminders from within.
I just feel controlled. Balanced. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Calm as the shoreline at evening low tide[/COLOR].

I'm gonna take it easy tonight and not do the 30 mins of cardio I had planned. I'll do cardio on both Saturday and Sunday.

TOTALS:

CALS 1452

PROT....177 GR......49
CARBS...59 GR.......15
FIBER....17 GR
FAT........62 GR......39

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS
LB WEIGHTS:
2 SETS BACKWARD LUNGES
2 SETS DEADLIFTS
3 SETS OF 20 HAMSTRING CURLS[/COLOR]
Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #1661
Senior LCF Member

Lemme see, I used to run and run and eat high carb, and I had uneven energy-sometimes really hyper, sometimes blood sugar jitters. Also a pathetic upper body! No muscle! Then I started lifting, and I didn't know to eat enough protein. I'm showing my age, this was the era of carbo-loading. 25 years ago. All I know is, I had to EAT. I tried WW back then and just starved out. Then EAT. I thought, "I just can't diet." But I would eat so little protein! I've found out how much more stable my life is eating about 40% protein. I can diet.

I have had both my sons (and my little daughter) running several mornings a week during the summer, too. Sound mind in a sound body, I love that quote. Mens sana in corpore sano.

Thanks again for the inspiration!http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...ilies/hugs.gif
Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinCO View Post
Lemme see, I used to run and run and eat high carb, and I had uneven energy-sometimes really hyper, sometimes blood sugar jitters. Also a pathetic upper body! No muscle! Then I started lifting, and I didn't know to eat enough protein. I'm showing my age, this was the era of carbo-loading. 25 years ago. All I know is, I had to EAT. I tried WW back then and just starved out. Then EAT. I thought, "I just can't diet." But I would eat so little protein! I've found out how much more stable my life is eating about 40% protein. I can diet.

I have had both my sons (and my little daughter) running several mornings a week during the summer, too. Sound mind in a sound body, I love that quote. Mens sana in corpore sano.

Thanks again for the inspiration!http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...ilies/hugs.gif
Ahhhh, I see. I'm WITCHA!

Protein indeed. Does a body good.

Carbs are good too, but in the right amounts, balanced with protein and/or fat, and eaten at the right times, and better still......in rotations!

It's all a science!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #1663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Quote:

Today has been a good day hunger and energy wise.
It's as if I've not had to fight or try to ignore my appetite -- no reminders from within.
I just feel controlled. Balanced. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Calm as the shoreline at evening low tide[/COLOR].

What a beautiful way to describe it! So happy for you Twyla...have a great weekend..you deserve it!
Old 05-30-2009, 03:51 AM   #1664
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

I hope that you have a great Weekend!!!

TTFN
Old 05-30-2009, 06:45 AM   #1665

Old 05-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #1666

[COLOR="Sienna"]SAT MAY 30

Just finished some POWERHOUSE training, and I feel awesome. Have not put in my contact (monocular vision) this morning, so I'm having to type this with reading glasses, and my lenses keep steaming up and I have to stop and wipe/adjust. WHEW! Steamed, spent and euphorically exhausted.

Today was a medium day -- how I longed for this day! Had some cereal and banana with protein and skim milk this morning, a protein ball with coffee first, though, , then began my running intervals. I know you're supposed to do cardio AFTER weights, but I don't like running when it's hot/sunny, and I wanted to get the intervals in while it was still relatively cool. Only got in 19 intervals, but I knew it would not be my best, given my state of depletion -- even with my carb/prot breakfast. The sun also leaches my GO, so that may have had a little bit to do with it. I could have gone 20, but I wanted to get in an intense weight training session, and I wanted my energy for that.

I had a half banana when I returned, then did a compound circuit for 26 mins (Walking lunges w/curls; Squat/presses; Deadlifts w/rows; Weighted glute bridges; Planks; and Dips), followed by 25 mins (3 sets each) of concentration curls, tricep overhead extensions, DB presses, DB flies, supine DB pullovers, and 2 sets of walking lunges.

I feel wonderful, and I had sorely missed a good kick-ass workout like this. I was due.

We have a graduation party to attend tonight; looking forward to being with friends and relaxing, having fun.

Beautiful day. May try to catch some rays after I get some house cleaning done.

Oh, and weigh day today for the first time in a while. Still one pound over my lowest weight. But I'm not too worried. My clothes are telling a different story. [/COLOR]
Old 05-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #1667
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Wow. Just wow.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #1668
Senior LCF Member

Endorphins!!http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...s/clapping.gif
Old 05-31-2009, 04:16 AM   #1669

[COLOR="Sienna"]SAT MAY 30 TOTALS:

(Best estimate)

CALS 1878 (1878-1900)

PROT.....194.....42%
CARBS...103.....18%
FIBER......19
FAT..........62.....30%

WORKOUTS (as mentioned in prior post):

32 mins running intervals
51 mins weights (circuits)

[/COLOR]
Old 05-31-2009, 04:21 AM   #1670
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Hope you had a great time at the graduation party, Twyla. Your workouts are rockin! (as always)
Old 06-01-2009, 03:44 AM   #1671
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

What is POWERHOUSE training? Vacation is coming soon for you, right?
What is the countdown?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #1672
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Just popping by to wish you a happy June hun.

G x
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #1673

Guys!

I can't remember if I posted yesterday or not... I think I must have. Yeah, maybe morning?

Anyway, busy day yesterday. Good weekend.

I'm frustrated with myself because Saturday was a SUPER day for me, training and fuel wise. Sunday was a planned LC day, and all was calm and bright until about 9:00 last night, and the TOM monster hit out of nowhere and I surrendered :blush: and indulged. It wasn't HORRIBLE -- it's been far worst -- but it blew my attempts at low carb and at keeping a deficit. I was probably just over maintenance when all was said and done.

I polished the guilt off with 35 mins of S/S cardio on the elliptical (no time for workouts earlier in the day), and went to bed psyched for a much-needed run this morning. My run this morning was awesome. After those extra carbs last night, it seemed my body was sayin...
...[COLOR="DarkOrange"]and away I went[/COLOR]!
Good energy, good breathing, cool morning air, quiet, peaceful, invigorating.

I put in 30 mins of Super Callanetics before my run, got in 32 mins of interval running, and plan to finish off Super C after work. Honestly, I think my body actually needed the extra fuel, both cals and carbs. I don't feel bad or bloated at all, and clothes and such show continued progress. So it's probably no harm done at all.

But today MUST be a LC day. I'm good with that.

So updating for yesterday, May 31st:

FUEL TOTALS:

CALS = TOO MANY
CARBS = TOO MANY

WORKOUTS:

35 mins s/s cardio

Old 06-01-2009, 06:30 AM   #1674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardolowcarbo View Post
Twyla,

What is POWERHOUSE training?
Vacation is coming soon for you, right?
What is the countdown?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]POWERHOUSE = KICKASS
COUNTDOWN = 16 DAYS TILL VACATION[/COLOR]
Old 06-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #1675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wishing you a wonderful week Twyla!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #1676

[COLOR="Teal"]MON JUN 1

I can't believe June is here already, a mini goal I had set for myself in February. I have to embrace and focus on these next two weeks. It's up to me.

Although scale fluctuations and frustrations are maddening, I'm comforted with other bits of measurements of success. Example: I wore a pair of black shorts to the graduation party Saturday night, that two weeks ago fit, but were more snug both in the waist and in the butt. They fit PERFECTLY Saturday night. Plenty of room. Yet, the scale for this past weigh day was still one pound over my lowest. We just CANNOT hang the moon on scales.

My next goal, both now (ongoing) and by August (football season? good enuf time as any) is to firm up body fat issues on my thighs (mostly inner and hamstring area), always my trouble spots. I want my thighs to be lean and firm, as HARD and toned as they can be for a soon-to-be 49 yr-old woman. What can I expect in that regard? I really don't know. But I'm gonna bust butt (literally) to find out.

This will involve clean eating, calorie deficits, and more intense weight lifting. I will need to come up with a plan. I've been researching, reading, gathering insight. I'm ready to take it on.

BRING.IT.ON.

Low carb day for today went very well. No hunger issues at all. Great energy.

TOTALS

CALS 1527
PROT...191...51%
CARBS...52....11%
FIBER.....17
FAT........71...42%

WORKOUTS:

32 mins running intervals (45/30 x 20)
1 hour Super Callanetics
50 sumo squats on my lunch hour (with 10# DB)

[/COLOR]
Old 06-02-2009, 03:37 AM   #1677
Major LCF Poster!

T, I like the way you have laid out your goal for football season time.
Given yourself 2 to 3 months or so.

1. Great Arms.

2. What a pretty photo of you. I love the jacket and I love your hair.

Taking a look at your arms, you can expect your legs to get rock hard too.

Knowing you, You will make it happen.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #1678
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
[COLOR="Teal"]Although scale fluctuations and frustrations are maddening, I'm comforted with other bits of measurements of success. Example: I wore a pair of black shorts to the graduation party Saturday night, that two weeks ago fit, but were more snug both in the waist and in the butt. They fit PERFECTLY Saturday night. Plenty of room. Yet, the scale for this past weigh day was still one pound over my lowest. [COLOR="Red"]We just CANNOT hang the moon on scales.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
Love this - This is why I send all my Scale Watchers over to you!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #1679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a beautiful photo of you Twyla...are you sure you haven't been a model?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #1680

Rich, Thanks...x 2! Yes, you KNOW I'll do my best to make it happen....as she sings....

[COLOR="Teal"]If you believe in yourself enough
And know what you want
You're gonna make it happen
Make it happen
And if you get down on your
knees at night
And pray to the Lord
He's gonna make it happen
Make it happen
[/COLOR]

Kelley, This kind of thing is so common! The scales sabotage people's perception of their TRUE success. Just today I had a co-worker comment about how much more weight I've lost....and I HAVEN'T LOST ANY MORE SCALE WEIGHT. Fact. It's not all about the number.

Dani, Thanks...what a NICE compliment. :blush:
Closed Thread