hmmmmmmmmm.......

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #1622
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
[COLOR="Sienna"]FRI MAY 22

This will qualify under "McPosts." Short and to the point.

Was to be a low carb day, tomorrow a med/high. I decided to switch this evening around dinner time. All the fun is planned for today, all family members here to enjoy the evening meal together. And since after the meet tomorrow I'll likely be on my own through Sunday, and it will be more focused for tracking low carb. So back to low tomorrow instead.

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS
20 MINS DELT WORK
30 MINS S/S CARDIO ON ELLIPTICAL
4 SETS DEADLIFTS
[/COLOR]
Old 05-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #1623

[COLOR="Sienna"]SAT MAY 22

Sitting here listening to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Passing By, by Zero7[/COLOR]. What an AWESOME song. Love their sound/music. GREAT chillaxin music. All of my family is away, and I have the evening to myself. It's good to be alone sometimes, no worries, free of responsibilities. Just me and music. Relax, chill, unplug.

It was a VERY WARM day at the meet today. My son placed fifth in the shot and seventh in the discus. I was proud that he made it to the final cut for each event and placed. He's only been on the track team for one year, has never thrown shot/discus in his life before this. I think that's an accomplishment to be proud of. Of course, he was disappointed because he didn't throw his best PR. But we were proud nevertheless.

After the meet, I took a nap. It felt wonderful. I needed the rest.

I've kept low carb all day, but haven't tracked on ******, only in my head and avoiding carbs for the most part. Today was pretty much an all cardio day. Last night's indulgences with more carbs must have done me some good, because I had far more energy today for my cardio. Endurance was much better.

I'm experiencing major water retention last couple of days. Couldn't wear one of my favorite silver rings today when getting ready to go to the meet. That was an eye opener at just how MUCH fluid I was retaining. I've upped my water again for the second day in a row and have taken potassium and magnesium supps. Obviously the scale should be avoided for a few days to keep my head where it needs to be.

Low day again tomorrow.

WORKOUTS:

43 MINS TURBO JAM (CARDIO)
20 MINS DELTS
23 MINS S/S CARDIO (ELLIPTICAL)
[/COLOR]
Old 05-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #1624

[COLOR="Sienna"]SUN MAY 23

I have been a very, very, very good girl today. (Where's the little pat-on-the-back smiley?)

I've eaten Protein Balls (new recipe, homemade!), Cottage Cheese Blizzard, boiled eggs, a bunch of grilled shrimp, and a few slices of lean deli roast beef with Fiesta Dip. Tons and tons of water.

I took a nap at 2:15 and didn't wake back up until about 5:15. Deep, deep much needed sleep. My body was rejoicing, doing a major happy dance in gratitude.

Hanging out on the back porch now, candles glowing, beautiful evening, just had my shrimp. I may see if my two older sons want to play a game of cards out on the porch. It's been just us three since yesterday afternoon. I like having "segmented" time with my sons, where I can bond with just one, or just me and two of them. It's funny. It fills a need for me.

WORKOUTS TODAY:

30 MINS S/S CARDIO
3 SETS OF SUMO SQUATS
POWER90 AB RIPPER 300 (X 2)
[/COLOR]
Old 05-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #1625
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
The time with your sons sounds great. Precious. The one on one time sounds like a good idea. They must all be different. Sounds like a relaxing night. I hope that your family have a great Memorial day.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #1626

[COLOR="Sienna"]MON MAY 24

We had a great time last night playing cards on the porch. We joked around, listened to good tunes, and just had good time together. I was winning at first, and ended up getting skunked. Didn't quit playing till after 11:00.

Our porch is a very relaxing place. We spend a lot of time out there, and not just in warm weather months. Lots of plants, mood lighting, etc. I want to repaint the porch. It's concrete. I want to paint it a faux design very similar to how I painted the boys' bathroom last fall, but in dark, smoky khaki grays with black faux cracks. It will look awesome. I've talked to my husband about it, and he's gonna get a power washer and get it very clean and the surfaced etched for the new finish to adhere properly. I'm glad he knows his stuff. I tend to want to just "get it done," and he wants to always "do it right.":blush:

Good rest last night. Awoke at 7:00 a.m. refreshed and rested. Relaxed, had coffee, read. Purchased airline tickets for me and my middle son's return flight to Pittsburgh on the way back from vacay. He has college orientation on the Sunday following our vacation, so I'm gonna fly back with him and we'll attend that together. I CANNOT WAIT until we leave for vacay. My middle son was only 4 the last time we were at Disney, and he told me last night he doesn't really remember it. So doing the Disney thing will benefit not only my youngest son, but may bring back memories for many of us. And then we'll head from there to Marco.

Countdown.

My focus between now and then: Fat loss. That means more cardio, watching calories, and being very discriminate with carbs -- both in selection, timing, and quantities. I feel confident that I will meet my personal mini goal for vacation.

I've already gotten in almost a full hour of Super Callanetics (will finish the rest before the afternoon is over), and 30 mins of cardio. Gonna do 3-4 sets of glute/hamstring bridges at some point. That'll wind it up.

Grilling pork chops on the grill for dinner. Several mini tasks to tackle today. I've enjoyed my time off. [/COLOR]
Old 05-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #1627
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Sounds like a great weekend.

I've been enjoying spending time with my boys too (and watching them enjoy each other's company). I've always loved them of course, but as they become more and more "people" (not just my kids), the relationship changes some. I'm glad they are people I would like no matter who they are.

Sounds like you have that with your boys too. I think that is a credit to us.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #1628
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hey T - your post exudes relaxation and rest. Am so glad you took time out. You needed it and your body is certainly thankful for it I'm sure. Now you can get back to kicking some...!
Hope you have a wonderful week ahead hun.
G x
Old 05-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #1629

[COLOR="Sienna"]UPDATING MONDAY'S TOTALS:

Well, didn't keep my FUEL at a deficit yesterday - blame it on the Ultras (x2) -- but I tried to mitigate with extra cardio before bed. I'd say that I was likely still in a slight deficit, all things considered.

TOTALS

CALS 2220

PROT.....204....37%
CARBS....76.....13%
FIBER.....21
FAT........108....43%

WORKOUTS (REVISED)

45 MINS S/S CARDIO
1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS
1 SET OF POWER90 AB RIPPER 200
3 SETS OF GLUTE/HAMSTRING BRIDGES (ouch)
[/COLOR]
Old 05-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #1630
Major LCF Poster!

403 hours of Super Callanetics. You deserve a few ultras.

I am glad you had a fun night playing cards.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 AM   #1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I've always loved them of course, but as they become more and more "people" (not just my kids), the relationship changes some.
Yes, Gina. So true. I noticed that while playing cards with my two oldest sons (almost 22 and 18), it was like playing with adults, not my "little boys" anymore. The razzing, the laughter, the bonding, all on a different level, seeing them in a whole new light. My heartstrings aching inside, feeling them slip away, but a happy ache, knowing, as you said, that we've "done good."
Old 05-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #1632

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardolowcarbo View Post
403 hours of Super Callanetics. You deserve a few ultras.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]TOUCHE! [/COLOR]
Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #1633

[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES (FEELS LIKE MONDAY) MAY 26

Oh, mercy. DOMS LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS TODAY! My glutes and outer thighs and hamstrings -- MY SEAT -- is aching like crazy. I feel it with every step I take. Had to be a combo of doing Super Callanetics and the weighted glute/ham bridges one the same day. OUCH. (Where's the Booty Balm?)

I had planned on splitting up my cardio today, putting in 15-20 mins before bed. But I don't think I can handle cardio right now with the soreness.

Hungrier today. It was either the carbs causing an insulin spike, or pre-TOM hunger beginning to take its toll. Or both. I'm gonna try to not eat anything else the rest of the evening. Just drink lots of water.

TOTALS:

1833 CALS

171 PROT....37%
103 CARBS....19%
24 FIBER
89 FAT........44%

WORKOUTS:

41 mins Total Body Burn (HHA)
20 mins UB (back)
[/COLOR]
Old 05-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #1634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/151.6/147--5'9"
WOE: Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse/Thrive
Start Date: May 2013
T-
thanks for the advice about lifting for teens. Your boys sound GREAT! Took my oldest to the gym today-he did the weight machines while I did Pilates. He couldn't go to the HS gym this evening, had baseball. I'd been bugging him to hit like Trey on his team, which is in his capability-so get this-Trey pegged the pitcher, then a few innings later, Jon pegged the other pitcher! Ouch!! I said, that's not what I meant! They hit 2 pitchers in one game, that's unusual. Not malicious by any means.

I'm also planning a trip and wanting to lean out more before I go. Go us!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #1635

Laurie, I really enjoy chatting with you and Gina...there's something about having all boys that we Moms can identify with each other effortlessly it seems. Too funny about the pitcher stories!

I worked the concession stand last night for Colton's team. They were ahead 5-0 when the lightening/storm swept through and they had to cancel the game, but I understand they'll be finishing it later...when..?

Thursday is Colton's graduation from fifth grade, Elem School. They take them in a limousine to the event, awards, recognition/photo slide shows, dinner, then end with a dance. It should be great fun for him and his classmates.

Another milestone for the youngest one. He grads to middle school, Gavin grads from HS to college, and Zach will be leaving in late August for a year of study in Japan. Big changes ahead for all of us. That's why I want this summer to be meaningful and memorable for all of us, it's why I'm so looking forward to this vacation. Our two oldest may not be joining us next year, so who knows. We gotta make this one count.

Feeling good this morning, rested, good energy. Enjoyed my UB workout, and finished up with 10 mins of HipHopAbs Cardio segment. I'm ready for the day.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #1636
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla, This must be a very bittersweet time for you. All the more reason to make this vacation special.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #1637

Quote:
Twyla, This must be a very bittersweet time for you. All the more reason to make this vacation special.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #1638

[COLOR="Sienna"]YUMMY PROTEIN BALLS

4 scoops chocolate whey protein
4 Tbs nat PB
1-2 packets of Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of milled flax
3-5 Tbs of water

Mix all the above -- it will seem too thick, but keep stirring -- until completely mixed sufficiently. If you need to, add the water a little at a time. You want it to be thick.

Divide into 5 separate wads of dough. (Like that word, "wad"?) Roll each into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and store in frig.

Very filling and FUN TO EAT 'cause it hits the sweet spot, for one; and two, it's a good, quick, balanced mini meal of protein.[/COLOR]

(Optional: You can add 2-3 Tbs of Fiber One to add fiber/carbs to the mix also.)

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 05-27-2009 at 09:42 AM..
Old 05-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #1639

[COLOR="Sienna"]I have a lot of questions regarding my protein intake and sources, so rather than repeat myself, I'm gonna post the sources I use most of the time here in my journal and I'll know how to easily find this for reference later.

My protein sources:

Chicken
Turkey
*[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Salmon burgers[/COLOR]
*Lean white turkey burgers
Fat-free cheese (for higher carb days)
*[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Carb Master Yogurt[/COLOR]
*[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Cottage Cheese (fat free)[/COLOR]
String cheese
Tuna
*[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Whey protein[/COLOR] (shakes, cookies, balls, pudding, pancakes)
Eggs (or egg whites, depending on rotations)
Detour Low Sugar Protein Bars (for emergencies or quick energy when no food is available)
Almonds

* My favorite sources!
[/COLOR]
Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #1640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

4 Tbs nat PB
1-2 packets of Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of milled flax
3-5 Tbs of water

Mix all the above -- it will seem too thick, but keep stirring -- until completely mixed sufficiently. If you need to, add the water a little at a time. You want it to be thick.

Divide into 5 separate wads of dough. (Like that word, "wad"?) Roll each into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and store in frig.

Very filling and FUN TO EAT 'cause it hits the sweet spot, for one; and two, it's a good, quick, balanced mini meal of protein.[/COLOR]

(Optional: You can add 2-3 Tbs of Fiber One to add fiber/carbs to the mix also.)
Yummmmm...I will have to try this out!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #1641

[COLOR="Sienna"]WED MAY 27

Busy day in court. Huge docket. We had arraignments scheduled today, among other things, and my Judge FLEWWWWWW through the arraignments. It was one of those days when I wish I had laser eyes ... beaming scorching stings at him to SLOW HIM DOWN!

Lots of stuff to take care of this evening, gotta get to it.

Good day energy wise. Hunger pretty controlled. Kept to low carbs as much as possible.

TOTALS:

CALS 1497

PROT.....146 ...39%
CARBS....67.....16%
FIBER.....21
FAT........77....46%

WORKOUTS:

7 mins cardio warmup
30 MINS UB (Biceps, delts, chest)
10 mins cardio following
[/COLOR]
Old 05-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #1642
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

I hope that your day is less hectic today.

Q. How many days is your split routine and what is your split? I noticed that your UB last night did not include back but the day before you did back. It looks like you worked on your delts on the 22 and 23rd. No rest in between? I only ask because. I am working on a two day split and every other day I do cardio. I am thinking of lifting more often. More days. More concentration on body parts. I just don't know how to approach that.

I don't know if there is a middle ground between what I am doing now and what I use to do years ago.

I used to do a three day split. I don't remember the body parts. Monday and thursday was I believe. Chest and triceps. Tuesday and Friday, Back and shoulders. Thursday and saturday= Legs and Biceps.

I think that's how it went. I wish I had my old journals.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:51 AM   #1643

Quote:
Q. How many days is your split routine and what is your split? I noticed that your UB last night did not include back but the day before you did back. It looks like you worked on your delts on the 22 and 23rd. No rest in between? I only ask because. I am working on a two day split and every other day I do cardio. I am thinking of lifting more often. More days. More concentration on body parts. I just don't know how to approach that.

I don't know if there is a middle ground between what I am doing now and what I use to do years ago.

I used to do a three day split. I don't remember the body parts. Monday and thursday was I believe. Chest and triceps. Tuesday and Friday, Back and shoulders. Thursday and saturday= Legs and Biceps.

I think that's how it went. I wish I had my old journals.
Rich, funny you mention the delt thing. After I blogged that, on my next session I saw where I had noted delts on that next day, when I meant to write "triceps." Brain dead when I was blogging that day, I guess. And I forgot to clarify/correct it later.

As for my splits, I've cut back a little mostly because of time constraints, number one. And secondly, I'm at a stage in my "mission" where I feel that I need to make time for cardio about six days a week, and if that means less lifting, then so be it, if I have to cut something to make time. I think once these next couple weeks are over, I'll have more time, but these last four weeks before vacay are SO CRUCIAL to me trying to lean out a bit more, and I find myself wondering which "buttons" to push. It seems that cutting back a little on my training may actually help me more than hurt for now. (I'll post later on the supporting theory)

But the routine you did back then sounds like a workable plan. You could do that routine, and then maybe a full body routine once a week, so that you could hit all muscle groups twice a week. Add in 3 days of cardio, and that should be good. Based on your stats, your weight is within your "goal" range, so you can afford to give up a little cardio and build some muscle, if that's what you hope to do. My case, I still want to drop a few pounds of fat and get into my desired goal range. My body is fighting me LIKE CRAZY right now.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:56 AM   #1644
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Morning T - Sounds like you are awesome as ever. Hugs!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #1645

[COLOR="Magenta"]KELLEY![/COLOR]

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]Listening to a CD on the drive to work this morning, I thoroughly enjoyed "When a Man Loves A Woman." I googled it when I got to work to try to find a YouTube of [COLOR="Sienna"]Percy Sledge [/COLOR]singing it (not live). He sings it best. Michael Bolton runs a mighty serious second.

Then discovered this awesome clip to the song...how cool is this!

[/COLOR]
Old 05-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #1646

(One theory. More to follow.)

Quote:
[COLOR="Green"]Knowing when to push harder and when to rest and recover

Naturally, doing more and doing it harder is not always the best strategy.
Sometimes when you’re “stuck in the mud,” pushing on the gas even more just digs you into a deeper rut. If you’ve been on an extremely intense training schedule for a prolonged period of time, your plateau could be due to over-training syndrome.

If you suspect over-training to be the cause of your plateau, then the best thing to do is take a rest. Taking three to seven days off from high intensity training might be exactly what you need. If you’re severely over-trained, you may also need to cut back on your volume and slowly work your way back up after your brief layoff. Don’t worry about losing ground - even if you do, the rest is like taking one step back to get ready for two steps forward. Once your system has recovered and replenished itself, you’ll easily be able to thrust beyond your old plateau to a new peak.

Adaptation syndrome is a frequent cause of fat loss plateaus. Adaptation occurs because your body can easily adjust to a training or nutritional program that has been repeated for a long time. At this point, continuing with the same stimulus will no longer will cause an improvement. The only way to bypass the adaptation syndrome is to change your workouts frequently.

The body will adapt to ANY weight training or cardio program very quickly. To avoid adaptation syndrome, you should change one or more variables in your training program every four to twelve weeks. The more advanced you become, the more quickly your body will adapt and the more often you should change.. Your cardio program should be changed any time you’ve hit a plateau in fat loss. Almost any change will work: The
training variations are literally endless. With weight training you can use new exercises, different set/rep schemes, changes in tempo, shorter rest intervals, changes in grip or stance width, etc. In your cardio workouts, you can change the type of exercise you use, the intensity, the duration, the frequency, steady state vs. interval, or the time of day.[/COLOR]
Old 05-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #1647
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:

4 Tbs nat PB
1-2 packets of Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of milled flax
3-5 Tbs of water

That sounds yummy. I know exactly what a wad it too. Isn't that a scientific unit of measurement?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #1648
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Quote:

4 Tbs nat PB
1-2 packets of Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of milled flax
3-5 Tbs of water

Hi Twyla I'm stealing this from your journal, m'kay?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #1649

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl01 View Post
Hi Twyla I'm stealing this from your journal, m'kay?
That, and anything else of interest, girl! Love your avatar....and I just spied your journal!

Mercy, you'll never get rid of me now.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #1650
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Quote:
That, and anything else of interest, girl! Love your avatar....and I just spied your journal!

[COLOR="Red"]Mercy, you'll never get rid of me now.[/COLOR]
Well I would hope not! (Who knows how long I'll stick with it - the public journal. I actually had sent a request to the mods to delete yesterday after I'd started it, but it was still up when I got up this morning, so I figured "what the heck" and posted in it and took the request back. LOL)
Closed Thread