Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #1531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Thanks for posting that tidbit about the benefits of coconut oil. I only really use mine for oil pulling because I bought the cheap kind at Walmart. Which brand do you use?

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #1532
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hey T! Just wanted to let you know I'm semi famous. Just got the new Women's World Mag this week and I'm on page 18. Hugs
Old 05-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #1533
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
[COLOR="Purple"]Dani & Kelley, [/COLOR]Happy Mother's Day to both of you.

Kelley, very cool on the fame, girl! I'll want your autograph. I'll have to check it out.

[COLOR="Sienna"]SAT MAY 9

Incredibly busy day. Just now returning from a baseball game, and I've been "at it" all day in one place or another. Glad the day is over.

Hunger VERY controlled today. Energy surprisingly sufficient, despite the third straight day of low carbs. Didn't get in any cardio, but hoping for a run tomorrow night. I'll bump it up to medium tomorrow.

TOTALS

1465 CALS

167 PROT...46%
53 CARBS....13%
10 FIBER
62 FAT......38%

WORKOUTS:

30 MINS UB (biceps, back, triceps, emphasis triceps)
30 MINS LB (4 sets each of walking lunges, squats; 2 sets sumo squats; calf raises; token, hamstrings)
Power90 200 Ab Ripper
[/COLOR]
Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 AM   #1534
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Going low carb for those days worked for you! Twyla, I love my coffee too. You could say I'm addicted.

Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #1535

[COLOR="Sienna"]SUN MAY 10

Good morning, World. It's sunny outside!

Rich, yes, the LC approach worked. Getting my calories in check has helped me drop back to only one pound over my lowest of about 3 wks ago, but I started TOM today too, so that should be gone with a few days and I'll be back in THE ZONE and ready to kick some more butt.

Today is a med carb day in rotations, so I want to choose wisely, and try to keep the bulk of them earlier in the day, tapering off after say 4:00 p.m. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a run tonight. I've downloaded a couple more songs, MP3's, for running that I really love...they "make me wanna RUNNNNN!"

Happy Mother's Day to all who enter here!

BBL
[/COLOR]
Old 05-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #1536
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10

Here's to you Superwoman!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #1537

[COLOR="Indigo"]Thank you, Kelley.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Today was a great day. My family pampered me and allowed me time to go shopping -- by myself -- and just enjoy being alone and doing my thing. I bought a bikini today. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it. I like it, but it's not EXACTLY what I want, and if I'm gonna pay $$ for it, I want what I want. It's pretty, fits well all over, and has decorative pewter buckles on both the top and bottom. I'll think it over.

Found some awesome black pumps and some pretty earrings. All in all, a great "Mom's Day Out."

I tried my best to judge my food today. Tracked everything up until dinner. My family took me out, and we decided on Ruby Tuesday's, so I had the salad bar with some turkey. For dessert when I got home, I had a little bit of banana, some protein pudding and 1 square of Lindt 85% w/coffee.

I waited a bit then went on my run. It was a good run, pretty good energy, and I was able to push through most every one of my sprint intervals. My first interval is always at a slower, easy pace, and then I turn up the intensity and try to push the rest of the time. Felt great. Afterward I did some ab work. Gotta focus on ab work between now and beach time if I'm gonna wear the bikini with....uh, strut?

Ended up a little low on protein today.

Back to lows in rotations for the next two days. Feeling much more controlled, and I'm gonna be vigilant with my nutrition for the next 6 weeks.

TOTALS: (as best I could judge)

1755 CALS
PROT.....138....31%
CARBS....72.....15%
FIBER.....19
FAT.......108....54%

WORKOUTS:

32 mins running intervals, 20 @ 45/30
8 mins ab work

[/COLOR]
Old 05-11-2009, 06:02 AM   #1538
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surarch
Stats: (200)198/166/125 5.5"
WOE: Eating clean
twyla
thnks for all the help
you always know the answers of all my queries i never have to go n seek them anywhere else.. whenver i have a question i know whom to turn to
in between, Belated HAPPY MOTHER's DAY
seem like you had an awesome day
and i can bet you would look hot in that bikini n with your ab work you will gonna rock even more gal
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #1539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WENDYLOU2
Stats: 160/153/130-125
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: 10-6-08
Hey Girl,
Im glad you had a good mother's day, Im sure you deserved it.
Im was so upset this weekend I skipped Super Callanetics on saturday because we went to San Pedro Beach with the kids and to got together at my uncles house afterwards until 2am..so I planned on doing it last night...but...I could not find the video anywhere I stood up until 10 last night searching I even had tears in my eyes...mostly because I knew my husband probably put it away somewhere it shouldnt be, so when I finally gave up..I thought to myself where would he put me If I where Super C...YES! in the chest with our old photos and paperwork!...so I moved everything and as soon as I opened it their it was...then I gave him a few kicks in the butt..well he said "well dont leave your crap around" then I kicked him again...anyway Im going to do it tonight because I dont want to skip it completely and still do my arms and shoulders tonight...Its going to be a tough night.

5/8 of 10/10
3/4 of Super C
Old 05-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #1540

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Surbhi, you're most welcome. Glad I could help. And thanks for the Mom's Day wishes.

As for the bikini, I've had a change of heart: It's going back. It's pretty, I like the styled, but the color is not right and it's not exactly what I want. I'll keep looking. I already have a couple merchants in mind. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Wendy, I know how you feel. I did that once, misplaced workout DVD's. I've done that a couple of times. Sometimes it's because I'd leave them in the player and my sons would take them out and place them in another CD case or somewhere else. I've learned to watchguard all of my workout stuff now so that I know where it is 24/7.

My middle son kept snaggin my Power90 Disk 2 for the Ab Ripper. He likes that one. But I've memorized it now, so it's not a big deal.

You'll get to the point where you'll have Callanetics memorized, and you'll know exactly how long it takes to get through it, and that way, if you happen to misplace it again, just put on some smooth music and you're good to go.

Sounds like you had a nice Mom's Day weekend. The beach? Very cool. [/COLOR]
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #1541

[COLOR="Sienna"]MON MAY 11

Very busy day. Supposed to have begun a trial; the guy plead. By early afternoon, I was working on a transcript, and I thought I would fall face first onto my keyboard. I packed it up and headed home to get in a nap before the baseball game.

When I got home, I got comfy and hit the bed...woke up out of a coma about an hour and 20 mins later. I'm talkin DEEP SLEEP ... like, what-day-is-it sleep.
OMG...the game! And from that point forward the evening was a blur of hurry, from one point/event to the next, until now. Taxiing, game, phone calls, groceries, and just now I sit to take a breath and wind it down.

I felt a little hungry on and off today. Still trying to keep it around 1600 cals or under most days. Today was over.

TOTALS

1715 CALS

PROT....170....40%
CARBS...64.....13%
FIBER....18
FAT........92....48%

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS A.M.
3 SETS OF 25 PUSHUPS
AB RIPPER 200 (later in day)

[/COLOR]
Old 05-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #1542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/151.6/147--5'9"
WOE: Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse/Thrive
Start Date: May 2013
Hey, Twyla and all the fans,

I had to comment here about the Eddie Bauer catalog I just got. They picked a model who's buff, but nowhere near as pretty as Twyla!

Girl, when are you sendin' them your photo?!?

PS hope your bball game was good. My ds#1 made an unassisted triple play last night, I was SO glad I'd gone to his game instead of soccer with dd. What a thrill!
Laurie
Old 05-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #1543
Senior LCF Member

Hey Twyla,
I did Super Callanetics last night...ouch! I forgot how hard it is...the front of my thighs where bulging afterwards....felt good. Have a great one
Old 05-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #1544
Senior LCF Member

oh I forgot to tell you that my DH check out my back because I saw in the mirror muscles again and yup he saw them tooooo. And thats only a months worth of work with slim in 6 for 3 weeks and p90x ARMS & SHOULDERS..it was 4 weeks this weekend since I started working out.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #1545

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinCO View Post
Hey, Twyla and all the fans,

I had to comment here about the Eddie Bauer catalog I just got. They picked a model who's buff, but nowhere near as pretty as Twyla!

Girl, when are you sendin' them your photo?!?
PS hope your bball game was good. My ds#1 made an unassisted triple play last night, I was SO glad I'd gone to his game instead of soccer with dd. What a thrill!
Laurie
Laurie, I already did, and they turned me down.

Hey, but I got your vote, right?

Baseball for us is a little stressful this year; youngest son just moved up to Majors and he's the youngest/smallest (and for sure the least confident) of all the players. Those balls come at him much faster this year, KWIM? But good for your son on that triple! Attaboy!

I love watching them play. They look so HANDSOME and grown up in those snug little uniforms.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #1546

Wendy, I so know what you mean on the Super. I remember my first attempt going from Basic to Super...the pelvic scoops and rotations...OMERCYYYYYYYYY! Hurt so good!

Way-to-getta sweat on, girl! Build those muscles!!! That feeling just can't be beat!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #1547

[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES MAY 12

I'm roasting almonds as I post. They smell wonderful. When I think about how much differently I eat now versus ten years ago, it's pretty amazing. We so seldom buy anything sweet anymore. Special occasions maybe. No cakes, chips, cookies, candy. I mean, every now and then my youngest will want something, and if I bake cookies, he eats 2 or 3 and the rest just lay there.

I used to collect recipes and have earned the reputation for being a fabulous baker and a pretty darn good cook. Most of the recipes that made me famous I haven't prepared in years.

Would I go back? Not on my life. I would never swap what I've worked for, the way I feel, the confidence with my tighter, more fit body, for something so fleeting as a slice of cake -- fleeting for the taste, not so fleeting for its aftermath. (THINK HIPS)

I don't know what got me started on that.

So today was a medium day in rotations. Did pretty well. Wanted to keep it at 100 or under. I've had 92 carbs so far. I had a snack after work. No dinner yet. Just now a little hungry, but not much.

I'm anxious to see what this week holds for me scale wise, based on lower calories and lower carbs overall.

Good LB workout this morning. The walking lunges were KICKING my butt. Literally AND figuratively. The white pants I wore to work today, I bought them last spring and I had bragged about them in my journal: low-slung, white, size 6. Well, they don't fit well at all now. Had to wear a belt, and even with the belt, they were bunched up...not so flattering.

I really do need to get a new pair. So far I've only bought one new pair of dress pants, a black pair. Getting dressed in the mornings is a challenge. I need to get some new clothes -- SOON.

TOTALS (so far, will update tomorrow)

CALS 1347

PROT.....177....53%
CARBS....92.....24%
FIBER....20
FAT........36......24%

WORKOUTS:

33 mins LB weights
18 mins Ab Jam
30 mins s/s cardio, elliptical
[/COLOR]
Old 05-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #1548
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
[COLOR="Sienna"]
I really do need to get a new pair. So far I've only bought one new pair of dress pants, a black pair. Getting dressed in the mornings is a challenge. I need to get some new clothes -- SOON.
[/COLOR]
Get thee to a mall, Girl!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #1549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is awesome that you need new pants! KUTGW!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #1550
Senior LCF Member

Hey T,
Your pictures are keeping me motivated I should print you out and put you on my refrigerator....
Old 05-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by WENDYLOU2 View Post
Hey T,
Your pictures are keeping me motivated I should print you out and put you on my refrigerator....
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]

ME?

"Whatevah it takes," she replied encouragingly.

Visualization is a very powerful tool.
[/COLOR]
Old 05-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #1552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hey T -

Just popping by to say hi. All madness has ensued here...I'm going for a job tomorrow, that I've since realised is gonna require more from me than I can give, but we need the money. There is also a fab job coming up with a bank that would be fab. So I'm all confused. Then I com to your journal and I get all motivated again. Thank God for you T!!!!

We apply for out mortgage on Friday so please keep us in your prayers.
Lotsa luv
G x
Old 05-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #1553

[COLOR="Sienna"][COLOR="Magenta"]Glam, sorry to hear of your job and mortgage struggles. I absolutely will say a prayer for you today that God will bless you with opened doors and a brighter future. Hang in there. It will work out. Have faith.[/COLOR]

WED MAY 13

Today was back to low carbs in rotations. I will keep it at low until Saturday, and I'll go to high. This may work out well. That's prom night for my son, and the neighbors up the street are holding a Low Country Boil "before and/or after prom" get together. I may be choosey with my food, but I know there will be shrimp and chicken there, and veggies, and I'll just avoid the "suspicious" food. I'm looking forward to Mich Lime Ultras more than anything.

Hunger more controlled today than yesterday. I ended up eating close to 1800 cals yesterday after I plugged dinner counts in. The hunger just hit. Maybe I waited too long to eat. Not sure. Energy good this morning for UB and cardio.

Feeling good today and controlled, on track, inspired. Bought a few new things today and they were all the PERFECT fit, fabric, color and price.

Wanted to get in a nap after work, and then some s/s cardio. Neither happened. Scheduled haircuts for sons, dawned on me when I arrived home...yikes, out the door again........then dinner prep....and out the door again for commitments....the cardio may or may not happen.

TOTALS:

1405 CALS

PROT....163....47%
CARBS...41.....10%
FIBER......9
FAT........72.....46%

WORKOUTS (a.m.)

10 mins light cardio
25 mins UB weights (biceps, delts, chest)
10 mins s/s cardio

2 sets of 40 curls at noon ( I only had a 10# DB)
[/COLOR]
Old 05-14-2009, 06:42 AM   #1554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/151.6/147--5'9"
WOE: Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse/Thrive
Start Date: May 2013
I hear you about your little man, Twyla. FWIW, I have had a ton of fun doing "Mom pitch" hitting practice at the park with my boys. It makes it so much sweeter when they get a hit, I know it's "us" who're doing it. I was thinking the other night, the thing I like so much about baseball season is I kick my summer off with a TON of prayer!http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...hysterical.gif
Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #1555

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Yes, Laurie. You've got that right. I don't want this season to end without at least one hit for him. It's so pathetic. Not one hit this season? Of course, it's gonna destroy his confidence. Every time he's at bat I begin a little prayer under my breath: Please, God, just be his strength, his confidence, his calm, his focus, his determination. Be it all for him. Just this once."

God has perfect timing, though, doesn't He?

[/COLOR]
Old 05-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #1556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Twyla, I'm wondering about Super Callanetics. I can do 100 pulses on all of the exercises in 10 in 10. Do you think I'd be able to handle Super C at this point? Thx!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #1557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post
Twyla, I'm wondering about Super Callanetics. I can do 100 pulses on all of the exercises in 10 in 10. Do you think I'd be able to handle Super C at this point? Thx!

Girl, you are SO ready. I just realized...89 hrs with basic? Uh. Yeah. You're ready. I moved up to Super at about 62 hrs, and I was ready to move up before that, just hadn't gotten around to getting the DVD.

I'd get started as soon as you can. Keep in mind, there's a bunch more volume, and more challenge, obviously, so get ready for the burn.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #1558

[COLOR="Sienna"]THURS MAY 14

Today was a low carb day in rotations. Hunger controlled. Energy not so great. Can you say "depleted?" I don't have as much time to work out the next couple of days due to a jam-packed schedule ahead, so I don't want to overdo carbs tomorrow. With the get-together on Saturday, I'll have plenty of opportunity to replenish with a high day. Just trying to keep a deficit for three straight days and pushing a third day of lows, just to try it on for size. We'll see how it goes. If I were running this week, this would not be the ideal strategy. But it works for now, with my schedule as it is.

As it stands, I may not get in more than 30 mins of cardio on Saturday; it's an all-day C.E. seminar that I have to attend, and as soon as it's over, drive home, shower/change for the party, and that will last well into the evening hours.

Off to work concession stand at the baseball game.

TOTALS:

1514 CALS

PROT....167.....44%
CARBS...55....13%
FIBER....17
FAT........76....45%

WORKOUTS:

A.M.
30 mins leg work (Super Callanetics w/some stretches)
35 mins cardio, s/s elliptical
Power90 AbRipper 200
[/COLOR]
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #1559
Senior LCF Member

How do you do that carb rotations diet?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #1560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Girl, you are SO ready. I just realized...89 hrs with basic? Uh. Yeah. You're ready. I moved up to Super at about 62 hrs, and I was ready to move up before that, just hadn't gotten around to getting the DVD.

I'd get started as soon as you can. Keep in mind, there's a bunch more volume, and more challenge, obviously, so get ready for the burn.
YAY! I'm so excited! Guess what I just ordered from Amazon...
Closed Thread