Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #1471
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
[COLOR="Sienna"]THUR APR 30

We will get the case to the jury this afternoon. That means I could end up here at the office for .....? Up to the jury. Anticipating my potentially lengthy stay, I brought extra food with me this morning for a late day dinner/snack. Chicken, lowfat cheese, spinach, boiled egg, yogurt. I'm good to go.

My body is shouting for rest again. I have not been listening very well. When I'm fatigued, I tend to overeat. That's crazy. Self-sabotage. I've shut my office door, turned down the lights, playing soft music, and I'm gonna take a nap on my lunch hour on my exercise mat on the floor. I'll be refreshed and ready for the afternoon closing arguments.

Began this morning with UB split training, then I got in some running intervals, but only 26 mins worth -- all I had time for, 16 intervals @ 45/30. Better than nothing. And a great way to start my day. Gonna gear down for the rest of the day. Done with workouts. Control my calories. Get some rest here in a bit.

Yes, body, I'm listening. [/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #1472
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
helps a LOT ~ thanks T!

ya mean those last few bodyfat% points!

anyway, good point re Cardio the closer we get to goal.
I want to believe we don't need Cardio; but I just can't.
I grew-up in the 1980's Aerobics Craze!!

Have a good one T; & get some REST.
I'm off to San Francisco today...

ciao 4 now,
HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
As I said, getting ready to switch it up again. I'm very close, and my body is putting up a good fight.

I'm thinking the last 8-10 lbs, people typically need more cardio. I'm finding that it helps ME.

Hope this helps a little.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #1473
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Quote:
[COLOR="Sienna"]THUR APR 30

We will get the case to the jury this afternoon. That means I could end up here at the office for .....? Up to the jury. Anticipating my potentially lengthy stay, I brought extra food with me this morning for a late day dinner/snack. Chicken, lowfat cheese, spinach, boiled egg, yogurt. I'm good to go.

My body is shouting for rest again. I have not been listening very well. When I'm fatigued, I tend to overeat. That's crazy. Self-sabotage. I've shut my office door, turned down the lights, playing soft music, and I'm gonna take a nap on my lunch hour on my exercise mat on the floor. I'll be refreshed and ready for the afternoon closing arguments.

Began this morning with UB split training, then I got in some running intervals, but only 26 mins worth -- all I had time for, 16 intervals @ 45/30. Better than nothing. And a great way to start my day. Gonna gear down for the rest of the day. Done with workouts. Control my calories. Get some rest here in a bit.

Yes, body, I'm listening. [/COLOR]
Glad to hear that you are getting some rest and relaxation? during this hectic week.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #1474
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
T- I wish I could be that dedicated. I already get up at 5:30 to get myself and the 3 kids ready to go. We leave the house by 640. I do plan on getting out this Sat am for a run. I know what you mean I love being out with the birds and maybe a few other runners and perhaps a golfer or 2. We live near a golf course. I'm with you too - LOVE to be out in the spring/early summer rain. Feel totally cleansed and refreshed.

How was your nap? How were closing arguments? Nighty Night
C25K Graduate and Now restart April 2012 W1D3 done
my weightloss journeyDoing it for myself and my family
Old 05-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #1475

Kelley, I forgot that it is not convenient for you at that hour. But maybe on a weekend, before the world arises to interfere, you could sneak out with the birds for that run???

Exhausted last night. Still no verdict, so we're at it again.

I'll be spending my "waiting" time today preparing for tomorrow's test and doing some self-talk relaxation, positive affirmation therapy.

Once tomorrow is behind me, I can get back to my fitness goals with full focus. I got in my Callanetics this morning, as much for its therapeutic effects as anything else. It has a way of calming me, stretching, relaxing, loosening, unwinding, dissipating the stress, and, like magic, once it's unraveled me, it pulls me tightly back together again, walking taller, leaner, and feeling fabulous.

I know for a fact that both lack of sleep and stress can affect one's ability to burn fat and keep moving in the right direction. I suffer from both at the present time. Time to embrace what is, take a step back, a big breath, and tackle one goal at a time.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 AM   #1476
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Kelley,
I know for a fact that both lack of sleep and stress can affect one's ability to burn fat and keep moving in the right direction. I suffer from both at the present time. Time to embrace what is, take a step back, a big breath, and tackle one goal at a time.

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming........
Old 05-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #1477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Quote:
I got in my Callanetics this morning, as much for its therapeutic effects as anything else. It has a way of calming me, stretching, relaxing, loosening, unwinding, dissipating the stress, and, like magic, once it's unraveled me, it pulls me tightly back together again, walking taller, leaner, and feeling fabulous.

I agree with you about Callanetics...it is amazing how much better that and yoga can make me feel, not only in my relaxed body, but in mind and soul as well.

Hope you get some well-deserved rest this weekend.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #1478
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Hang in there T!
Remember to take a deep breath whenever you're able to get your head above water!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #1479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Thats exactly what you should be doing - taking it one goal at a time. Go and have yourself a well deserved rest - you earned it and need it.

Have a good weekend T.
G x
Old 05-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #1480
HB = Healthy & Balanced

[COLOR="Red"]Hey Glam!
I just gotta say that I that cute little photo of your foot!
Makes me smile everytime I see it! [/COLOR]
Old 05-03-2009, 05:44 AM   #1481
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

I hope all is well and that you are getting some wind down time.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #1482

[COLOR="Sienna"]SUN MAY 3

Picking up with where I left off:

Okay. I didn't pass the test. It's not a pretty story. I got up early Saturday, practiced for about 40 mins, had a light breakfast, dressed comfortably in jeans and T-shirt. I cleared my mind. I prayed. I was mentally and physically ready to pass this test. I knew I had the skill. I was capable. I do this every day in court. If I can do it every day in court not being "tested," I ought to be able to do it in a testing environment. That's just common sense. Right?

The testing offical allowed me time to warm up. I was in room by myself, just she and I. When she asked if I was ready, I said yes. I WAS. As soon as I heard the dictator's voice on the CD, I almost thought it was a nightmare, and that I'd wake up and realize how crazy it would be to exp that situation.

The subject matter? Overcoming fear, stress and nerves. Not kidding. THAT WAS THE SUBJECT MATTER. The single hurdle that was holding me back from passing this test. Nerves/stress. The voice kept reminding me over and over, "This is it, this is the day, you've prepared for this day, and you know you're capable. Yet fear consumes you and the stress of...." yadda, yadda, yadda.

Why couldn't the subject matter have been about urban renewal? Saving the earth? War crimes revisited? Camping in the Appalachian Mountains? ANNYYYYYYYYYYTHING! But overcoming nerves and stress?

I held on for about 1 min and 45 secs, writing perfectly -- as I knew I was capable -- trying very hard to hear ONLY WORDS, and ignore the content. I kept telling myself, they're only words, write the words, Twyla, just write the words. And then my human nature kicked in, and it was as if an electrical current suddenly seized my spinal column, and the current was felt throughout my body, stinging and burning to the tips of my fingers. My heart felt like it would explode.

I held up my hands and turned to her and said stop the CD. I'm done.

She began to shake her head. She began to tell me, "The moment I heard the subject matter, I thought to myself: Oh, sh*t. Of all things!" We talked for a long time, and though I felt like crying out of frustration, her words comforted me, knowing it wasn't that I wasn't capable of passing this exam. I was put at a very unfair disadvantage, given that my nerves were the only thing keeping me from passing the test.

She encouraged me to register again .... and again and again and again and as long as it took until I would one day enter the test site with an I-don't-give-a-damn attitude, and when I could adopt that attitude, that would be the day I passed the test.

Very comforting. Valid advice.

And I will. There will be a next time. But I'll have a totally different mindset on that day.

The day wasn't a total loss.

I got in a great workout, total body, more emphasis on LB weights, followed by 20 mins of cardio. My legs were shaky and very fatigued, so I couldn't go more than 20.

I spent the rest of the day tending to family events and such. Spent some good mom/son time with my oldest.

I learned another lesson yesterday. Actually, it was a lesson already learned but revisited:

Failure is not a bad thing. Failure is feedback.[/COLOR]

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 05-03-2009 at 10:15 AM..
Old 05-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #1483
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 AM   #1484

[COLOR="Sienna"]HB, I love that last sentence in your signature line:

"Head and heart must be aligned if they're going to lead the body."

Ain't THAT the truth.

I've given myself a bit of a respite over the last few days, coming off of a stressful week, then the test, and just feeling a bit loaded down. So I purposefully have not tracked food or weighed myself, and I've cut way back on workouts. Saturday was the exception. I gave it my all, and it was cathartic for me actually. Otherwise, just enough workouts to release some endorphins and keep my blood moving basically.

Today is a new day and I'm ready to get back to my agenda. I function so much better with routine and a plan. Structure. It keeps me focused. I don't like feeling unleashed. Breaks are relaxing and enjoyable, but only for a while, and then it's almost as if I become disoriented. I'm strange.

Anyway, I begin the week with a low carb day in rotations. Lots and lots of water. I'm ready to get back to business and get this done.
[/COLOR]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #1485
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
[COLOR="Sienna"]The subject matter? Overcoming fear, stress and nerves. Not kidding. THAT WAS THE SUBJECT MATTER. The single hurdle that was holding me back from passing this test. Nerves/stress. The voice kept reminding me over and over, "This is it, this is the day, you've prepared for this day, and you know you're capable. Yet fear consumes you and the stress of...." yadda, yadda, yadda.

She began to shake her head. She began to tell me, "The moment I heard the subject matter, I thought to myself: Oh, sh*t. Of all things!" We talked for a long time, and though I felt like crying out of frustration, her words comforted me, knowing it wasn't that I wasn't capable of passing this exam. I was put at a very unfair disadvantage, given that my nerves were the only thing keeping me from passing the test.

She encouraged me to register again .... and again and again and again and as long as it took until I would one day enter the test site with an I-don't-give-a-damn attitude, and when I could adopt that attitude, that would be the day I passed the test.
Very comforting. Valid advice.

And I will. There will be a next time. But I'll have a totally different mindset on that day.

The day wasn't a total loss.

I I learned another lesson yesterday. Actually, it was a lesson already learned but revisited:

[COLOR="Magenta"]Failure is not a bad thing. Failure is feedback[/COLOR].[/COLOR]

Now that is profound my dear friend!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #1486

Thanks, Kelley...that picture is PERFECT. It's got my name ALL OVER IT.

When I was a little girl, I found myself visiting at another little girl's house, and she invited me into her room to play with her toys. I was so enamoured with this oversized Teddy Bear that was propped up against her bed. I had never seen anything so wonderfully cuddly and comforting. I longed for one of my own. I remembered thinking: [COLOR="Magenta"]Wow, what a dream come true to have one of those huge Teddy Bears.[/COLOR]

And then I grew up.

I never got that Teddy Bear, but to this day when I walk by an overstuffed animal in a store, memories come flooding back, and I can't resist the urge to reach out and touch it. And smile.

That's just perfect.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #1487
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=purple]Samuel Smiles [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple]We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.[/COLOR]

Hey T - not in anyway suggesting you are a failure, cos trust me you are anything but! But every stumbling block in our way teaches us something and allows us to jump higher to avoid the next one....and the journey thru life shall continue as such. Big hugs to you - Would send you a bit ol' teddy if I could.

Have a great week hun.

Much much love -
G x

I'm taking back control...Its my time!

lbs to go....

WATP 26/11/2012

Last edited by Glamour P!; 05-04-2009 at 11:37 AM..
Old 05-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #1488
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
[COLOR="Sienna"]SUN MAY 3
Failure is not a bad thing. Failure is feedback.[/COLOR]
It's only failure it you quit. If you try again, it was just practice.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #1489

[COLOR="Purple"]Thank you, Glamour! So true.

Gina, That is EXACTLY what the test administrator told me. She said, "Register for the next test, and consider it a "donation" rather than a test fee, and that you're only donating to the Association so that you can come and practice realtime at their test site." I'm only there to practice!

Exactly.

[/COLOR]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #1490

[COLOR="Sienna"]MON MAY 4

Mercy, it feels good to be back on schedule again. Me likes routine! And my body is so happy when I am eating on plan and clean.

Low carb day, and the pre-Tom hungries are abounding, so I had to fight it off this evening. I was fine till after work. Seems that's when I fight hungries the most, from 5:00 pm forward. But I managed.

Energy isn't quite what I had hoped, but I think it's because I was in a sleep deficit. So I took about a 45 min nap after dinner, then put in 20 mins of cardio on the elliptical. I'm good to go.

Grilled up some salmon and turkey burgers for the week. Had salmon and asparagus for dinner. So delish.

Tomorrow will be a medium day in rotations. Looking forward to oatmeal pancakes.

TOTALS:

1603 CALS

PROT.....190 GR....47%
CARBS....71 GR....17%
FIBER.....22 GR
FAT.........73 GR....40%

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS IN A.M.
20 mins s/s cardio on elliptical, including six 30-sec intervals of HIIT

[/COLOR]
Old 05-05-2009, 03:09 AM   #1491
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

It is nice to see you back in the swing of things.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 AM   #1492
Blabbermouth!!!

T - I hear you on the big teddy bears. That is the one of the reasons I love having two little girls I get to cuddle with them and their teddies! You have turned this around and made it a positive experience. Love that about you.

I'm in day 2 of Jay Robb's 3-day Fruit Flush. Yesterday my salad tasted like heaven! Have a wonderful day
Old 05-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
T - I hear you on the big teddy bears. That is the one of the reasons I love having two little girls I get to cuddle with them and their teddies! You have turned this around and made it a positive experience. Love that about you.

I'm in day 2 of Jay Robb's 3-day Fruit Flush. Yesterday my salad tasted like heaven! Have a wonderful day
Kelley, where did you learn about the JR fluit frush? (I typed what my mind dictated... puts me in a meck of a hess this morning!)

Let me know how that goes. Curious.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #1494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
I've heard a lot about this fruit flush too (or is it fluit frush, lol)...curious to see your results with it Kelley.

Twyla, glad to see you back in your groove!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #1495
Senior LCF Member

Never down and out for long - thats our girl. A constant fighter and amazing inspirer! Thats why we love ya!
Enjoy the rest of your day dear friend!

G x
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #1496

[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES MAY 5

Today was a med day in rotations. I enjoyed the extra carbs, esp my pancakes this morning. The HUNGRY MONSTER hit mid afternoon and haunted, taunted and teased me the rest of the day.

I don't like being hungry all the time, but it seems the last several days have been a constant battle. Again. What's up with my APPETITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Headed to lower carbs and higher fat tomorrow.

Busy day. Had to go pratice singing with the trio tonight. Didn't want to go at first, moody, grouchy, etc., but so glad I did. Great fun, good music, laughter, harmony and the uplifting of the soul that only music can do! How I love it!

So here are my totals, but not included in these totals are three turkey/salsa rollups that I inhaled when I arrived back home tonight. (Picture a dog being tossed a piece of scrap after going w/o food for a few days.) No, it wasn't exactly graceful or ladylike.

I guess that's better than donuts or icecream.

TOTALS:

CALS 2026 :blush:

PROT......164 GR....32%
CARBS....170 GR....29%
FIBER.......38 GR
FAT..........85 GR....37%

WORKOUTS:

20 MINS AB JAM
26 MINS RUNNING INTERVALS, 18 @ 45/30
15 MINS BICEPS/TRICEPS

[/COLOR]
Old 05-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #1497
Major LCF Poster!

T, I think I out did you last night on going over with the calories even if you take into consideration that i weigh 30 pounds more than you and I forgot to mention in my post that there were some cookies involved. It was a night of sheer debauchery for me. Wine, (one glass though) fried calamari. mini cheeseburger appetizer (with the whitebread bun) and if that was not enough, when I got home I found about ten girlscout cookies. I felt like a wild animal that did not eat for days. so embarrassed by this, I didn't even post last night.

So now today I pick up the pieces and move forward.

I hope that you have a good day today.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #1498
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey T! My girlfriend told me about it and she downloaded the ebook. It is supposed to cleanse your system, not necessarily help you lose weight.

The Basics:

Day 1: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm you drink 8 oz of good quality whey protein shake. Then for dinner you have 3-6 cups of raw veggies with 3-6oz of lean protein and for the dressing fats: choice of EVOO, FLax oil or avocado and then lemon or lime juice
Drink a glass of water in between meals

Day 2 & 3 8 am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm you eat fruit 2 cups of strawberries, melon, smaller berries 1 cup, 2 apples, 2 small mangoes, etc...

Then for dinner you have 3-6 cups of raw veggies dressing fats: choice of EVOO, FLax oil or avocado and then lemon or lime juice - for these days he says to drink 12 oz high quality whey protein shake instead of lean protein.

I'm doing ok and lets just say I really cleaned my system out last night. I miss my protein though and I cheated and ate turkey breast with my salad last night instead of protein shake. Can't wait to have some protein with each meal tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #1499

[COLOR="Sienna"]
OH? Reeeeeeeally?

When Your Hormones are in Overdrive

"A fluctuation of hormones before and during your menstrual cycle can sabotage even the strictest diet. Estrogen influences your appetite and menstruation causes hormone levels to surge. A study by Dr. Neal Barnard, founder and president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM),
found that excess body fat leads to increased estrogen-activity, as does a high-fat, low-fiber diet.
Conversely, a low-fat, high-fiber diet decreases estrogen levels and PMS symptoms
."

I beg to differ, Dr. Barnard....and by the way, how would YOU know what does or doesn't effectively control PMS symptoms? You only read/study the black and white. Try living it for two weeks. Then let's hear what you have to say.

So far today:

1522 CALORIES
149 PROTEIN
48 CARBS
12 FIBER
91 FAT

If I get hungry later, I'm having eggs.

Appetite???? Baby, you're [COLOR="Red"]GOIN' DOWNNNNNNNN[/COLOR]!!!!!!!

[/COLOR]

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 05-06-2009 at 02:18 PM..
Old 05-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Hey T! My girlfriend told me about it and she downloaded the ebook. It is supposed to cleanse your system, not necessarily help you lose weight.

The Basics:

Day 1: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm you drink 8 oz of good quality whey protein shake. Then for dinner you have 3-6 cups of raw veggies with 3-6oz of lean protein and for the dressing fats: choice of EVOO, FLax oil or avocado and then lemon or lime juice

Day 2 & 3 8 am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm you eat fruit 2 cups of strawberries, melon, smaller berries 1 cup, 2 apples, 2 small mangoes, etc...

Then for dinner you have 3-6 cups of raw veggies dressing fats: choice of EVOO, FLax oil or avocado and then lemon or lime juice - for these days he says to drink 12 oz high quality whey protein shake instead of lean protein.

I'm doing ok and lets just say I really cleaned my system out last night. I miss my protein though and I cheated and ate turkey breast with my salad last night instead of protein shake. Can't wait to have some protein with each meal tomorrow!
Very interesting, Kelley. I must say.

Give me a report when you're all done. K?
Closed Thread