LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
TTC,

thank you!

I can only say that I attribute much of my success to Callanetics...it strengthens without bulk, and that is so important for MY body type.

But as for the upper body, that I attribute to free weights, 3x a week. I'm really loving that! Now if I can just manage to get back into control in my quest for lowering body fat, I will make more progress in that direction.

Don't you just love reading others' insights though....? I enjoyed reading your journey in your journal.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #122

Monday.

Haven't posted since mid last week, due to trip to NY. Arrived back home last night.

No workouts, but lots of walking and sweating. Good with that.

Stayed COMPLETELY on plan! When there wasn't a convenient meal that worked with my WOE, I grabbed a Zone bar and a cup of coffee. Ate mostly salads when I could get a healthy meal. Zone bars and/or protein muffins for breakfast.

Glad to be back and into my "routine."

[COLOR=Olive]An important concept was re-emphasized during my CE seminar, and that is learning to harness the power of our subconscious minds. Much of it is purely the proper perspective, and remembering to vocalize it helps.

If we learn to tap into that power, nothing will be out of reach for us.
[/COLOR]
Old 08-09-2006, 05:33 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tm2chng
Stats: 177/151/130
WOE: Atkins OWL
Twyla,

Congratulations on staying on plan while on your trip !!!

~Lisa~
Old 08-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #124

Lisa! Thank you.

Woke up feeling slimmer this morning....taking a double look in the mirror (my new friend)...thinking, huh? Was that me I just saw?

Back up. Peek again. Yep, that's me. Hmm...go figure. .....okay, well, let me grab my coffee, cottage cheese and blackberries, and then I'll crank out another hour of Super Callanetics.

After the workout, I looked again, just to be sure: Hmmm....I think I look a bit slimmer this morning...!

Then a shower, get dressed, and decide to wear my Ann Taylor cream jeans (dress down today, no court) and a peach blouse....noticed they're going over my hips with zero effort..... .....so I back up to the mirror (my friend) again, and yep, I believe I'm looking slimmer this morning!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Life is good.

I must be doing SOMETHING right!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 AM   #125

The suspense is killing me. How I'd love to know what I weigh.

Is this crazy or what?

I'm not gonna do it till tomorrow morning. Friday sounds like a good day to weigh.

Feeling very lean ... all this week....good eats, good workouts, good mindset.

New haircut too! Feeling inspired.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #126

MONDAY

Was very good over the weekend, and even went beyond the call of duty exercise wise.

Feeling great. Feeling satisfied and lean and in control.

I still get nervous around buffets....all that food and I'm supposed to be eating small, lean meals. Very tempting. We were at a resort in the mountains over the weekend, and the dinner buffet that evening at the lodge was WONDERFUL. I resisted all breads, pastas and desserts, but I probably overdid it on calories. So I tried to make up for it yesterday in workouts.

I'm sore ALL OVER today! So whatever I did, I needed it!

The compliments from friends at our gathering was a precious reminder of why I work so hard at staying fit at my age. It's worth every ounce of effort, every sacrifice. It's a way of life that has become so habit that I am finding it very hard to live any other way. It IS who I am.

TOM due this weekend. I embrace this challenge once again.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tashi
Stats: 227/188.8/125 5' 51 yrs. old and hypothyroid
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 3/14/13
Hot pic Sounds like a great, on plan weekend.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #128

Thanks, Tashi.

You're one of my most driving inspirations! 85 % to goal?

Too cool!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:09 AM   #129

TUESDAY

All of that working out on Sunday, followed by Turbo Jam (which in and of itself is a kick-butt performance), made me feel like I'd been beaten with a sledge hammer yesterday evening, and getting out of bed this morning.

Uh.....I think......I overdid it. Yep, I believe I did.

My poor, poor muscles! Bless their hearts....but as they repair/recover, my efforts will have paid off.

Slept for over 2 hours last evening, though I only meant to take a 20-minute power nap!

Eating on plan, feeling controlled and disciplined.

How I love this feeling!

Super Callan this morning....that's all for the day.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #130

WEDNESDAY

Pre workout: 1/2 cup cooked s/c oats, 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1/4 c blackberries, coffee

WORKOUT: Lower Body Weight Lifting (Kathy Smith, low weights, 35 mins); 15 mins of cardio; upper body weights, 15-20 mins

BREAKFAST: 1 egg, 1 LC tortilla, 1 sl lean baked ham, 1 sl lean turkey, 1 plum tomato, 1 tsp lowfat cream cheese, 1/8 cup blackberries

Upping my fat a bit --just a bit --today with the oncoming event just days away, mostly because I'm beginning to feel a bit hungrier. Gotta watch it closely!

Energy levels are good. I've increased the intensity of my workouts lately, so I'm concerned I'll need to "fuel up" sufficiently to maintain proper energy levels. So I need to make sure that I don't overdo the fat ratios in this approach, since it's probably better to add more carb calories than fat calories for the exercise.

I'm learning to "read" my body pretty accurately, depending on what's going on in my life.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 08-23-2006 at 09:27 AM..
Old 08-29-2006, 08:43 AM   #131

WELL here it is almost a week later.

I've been in NO MOOD to journalize.

Suffice to say, the onset of the weekend's visitor was a HORRID experience once again. Broken record for me, it seems.

Defeated.

Pissed at myself.

Not much else to say about THAT.

Back in control as of yesterday. Big deal.

Feeling good today.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:22 AM   #132

And now, on a more positive note....

....must remember this lunch. Very tasty, easy, good ratios:

3 oz Oscar M. Italian chicken breast strips
1/2 c cooked spinach
1 slice 2% Pepperjack cheese

1/3 c fat-free cottage cheese
2 oz chopped apple
1 T flax
1 T Chocolate Protein Whey

Yum.

Calories: 330

47% P, 23% C, 29% fat

All of this stuff can be easily kept in my frig at work.

Repetition does not bother me. If it's good, it's good more than once.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #133

WEDNESDAY

Coming down off the "BLOAT," so feeling better.

Yesterday was a very good day:

Calories: 1503

42%P 159 gr
28%C 99 net
29%F 49 gr

Not as hungry later in the evening as I have been the last few days. Probably for obvious reasons.

This morning did 35 mins of upper body weights, followed by 20 mins of cardio.

Adding more meals to my BFFM Sample Menu file. Eventually I'll print it out and keep it in a handy place at home for easy reference.

Yesterday's dinner was not a typical "dinner" fare, but my boys were doing their own thing, and husband wasn't home, so I could do MY own thing. Very tasty and satisfying. I've found that just one Tablespoon of chopped ROASTED almonds stirred into my cottage cheese makes a huge difference in its taste. I combined cottage cheese, All Bran cereal, protein powder, natural PB, 1 T chopped roasted almonds, and Davinci's, stirred together, and had this with coffee. Yum. Hit the spot.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:14 AM   #134

THURSDAY

Yesterday was another good day. It's amazing how fast I can get myself back under control after TOM storms while eating via BFFM. Before, while on strictest low carbs, I would go on a TOM binge (out of my control at times, just happens!)...and would try to get back on track by doing strict induction for a few days, or M/E, or a version of Stillman's, egg fast, you name it -- ANYTHING to help get me back on track and in control. And it usually worked, except the "withdrawal" from the carb cravings were horrendous until after about 24-48 hrs.

Eating this way, as long as I keep my ratios right for each meal, I remain so balanced and controled, no hunger/cravings withdrawals.

Now if only I could figure out a way to adjust my ratios for those few days preceding TOM so that I wouldn't EAT SO MUCH AND CRAVE SO MUCH. I haven't learned how to do that yet, and no one else who does BFFM seems to have this problem, so I'm an island in that regard, I suppose.

Yesterdays food:

1771 calories

28%C/43%P/27%F

115 net carbs, 194 gr protein, 53 gr fat

I have felt leaner, skinnier, lighter -- all of the above, each morning this week. Seeing my definition a little better each day in my muscle tone.

The bloat and crap from TOM is like wearing a huge tutu over my body.....float and bloat. What a cross we women bear!

Focusing on each new day with enthusiasm and control.

I've learned so much in the past few months. It's not been easy at times, but I've applied the knowledge....

"Knowledge applied is power, but knowledge unused is useless."
Old 08-31-2006, 03:59 PM   #135
Queen of Cream Cheese

Gallery: averyjenn
Stats: Highest 248/152 and maintaining!
WOE: HCG grad! Living in p4
Start Date: 2/21/05
Okay, I just read all of your journal. Amazing girl you are amazing. Will you tell me when and how to work out? Would ya? I'm dead serious. I want your bod and I am work-out clueless. You do Callan 3 days/week? I can handle that (I love Super C) and I love to run/walk on the TM. We also have a Smith machine at home but I don't know where to begin with it. Do I do all over body workout 3 days/week or do certain muscle groups? I have a book for weight lifting for women and I know how to do the specific exercises, but don't know what to do when, how many reps, resting in between, etc. Feel free to PM me any ideas! I totally admire your dedication to working out. I'm such a slacker...

As for BFFM, I'm very curious about that. I know that I got to my lowest and then stopped cold. Of course, I'm up from that weight about 5 lbs so I need to drop that and then I want to get wicked serious. I may look into it, I think changing things up will help.

Anywho, sorry to hog your journal...you look fabulous and if I were you, I'd throw away the darn scale and focus on how hot your bod is. Seriously, you look amazing and I'd be so done if I looked like you!

Life is too short not to be fabulous all the time!~~
Old 09-01-2006, 06:37 AM   #136

Jenn,

What an incredibly sweet post to me! Bless your heart! Thank you.

As for my workout schedule, it's something that I take very seriously. I don't let anyone or anything stand in the way of my workout routine. I would be glad to share my routine with you.

My goals workout wise are these:

To keep my legs/hips/butt as lean/strong as I can without bulk. To achieve this I do Super Callanetics 2-3 x a week. Always. Forever.

To maintain and improve definition in my upper body (love that cut stuff), I do upper body workouts usually 3 times a week, never on consecutive days. I never use more than 10 lbs, my preference. For some things I use 8 lb weights. Rarely use 5 lbs. Mostly dumbells for all. Occasionally I'll use my son's "Smith" machine or whatever that huge thing is in our garage... for pec work, some trap work. My upper body workouts last about 30-35 mins, then I follow those workouts with about 25-35 mins of cardio.

So on Callan days, I occasionally will throw in a 15-20 min cardio session later in the evening.

On Weights/Cardio days, I begin with weights, then do cardio.

My three areas of greatest emphasis on upper body are:

Biceps, Delts, and Traps & Upper Back.

Biceps: Curls, 10 lbs, 3 sets of 10-12 reps in one position; 3 sets of 10-12 reps in another position.

Delts: lateral raises, forward raises, bent over rows usually.

Traps: Bent over rows & shrugs, 10 lbs always.

No rests between sets/reps. I move from one exercise to the next to avoid resting.

As for BFFM, I began this WOE because I had gone as low as I could go on my carbs and was not losing any weight. I began to play with BFFM at first by carb cycling, then taking it a bit more seriously and adhering to the guidelines.

What I found was that although the first month or so I did not lose any scale weight, I was in smaller sizes. So I was definitely losing body fat, and in the grand scheme of things, this was all I wanted anyway. Then I found that by eating small, frequent, BALANCED meals, it was helping me to avoid the tendency for cravings. I felt satisfied and very LEAN. Hard to describe it.

There are so many people on the BFFM boards (Muscle Matters) who are far more experienced/successful/knowledgeable than I ever hope to be. I'm VERY mathematically challenged, and BFFM has a lot to do with analyzing and getting macros/ratios right, body measurements, etc. A math whiz I'll never be!

I'm so hooked to this way of eating now that I doubt I'll ever go back to strict Atkins. I just FEEL GOOD, you know?

Jenn, I would seriously give some thought to purchasing the book, asking Q's on the BFFM thread, and giving this theory of eating a shot....I really do love it.

Thanks again for the kind words you've thrown my way.

And by the way, I love your hair in your avatar.

Keep up the excellent work....you're one beautiful woman....take that life back and make it happen!

Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 AM   #137

FRIDAY

Yesterday was a good day, just a bit hungrier than the day before. Keeping my eye on that, making a note of it for comparison. My carbs yesterday were a bit higher....any connection? Time will tell.

Workouts yesterday:

Super Callan, 1 hour, 5:30 a.m.; 22 mins of cardio on the elliptical at 7:30 p.m.

Food yesterday:

1764 calories

33% Carbs (140 net gr)
43% P (190 gr)
22%F (43 gr)

I guess I'll be weighing tomorrow. TOM should be over by then. I feel good. I doubt I've lost any weight since before TOM began, due to last weekend's horrendous cravings, but I think I'll at least break even.

It's been a great week. Love this WOE.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:53 AM   #138
Queen of Cream Cheese

Gallery: averyjenn
Stats: Highest 248/152 and maintaining!
WOE: HCG grad! Living in p4
Start Date: 2/21/05
Thank you so much for your thoughts!!! I am printing out what you wrote and will be looking at the book for sure!! I'm a non-math person too and while it seems more complicated, it doesn't seem impossible. Thanks!!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #139

BFFM Sample Menus file.

Brilliant idea.

I just keep adding more and more to it.

Keeps it so simple for me.

Now I'm gonna divide this "file" into subfiles:

Higher fat, lower fat. Moderate carbs, higher carbs.

Then, depending on what I'm aiming for or what my hurdles are (TOM? ), I can pick and choose accordingly.

This should be helpful. Thank God for ******.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:01 AM   #140

SATURDAY

I feel so good. I'm encouraged by the control I've demonstrated this week in my eating. This is NOT a difficult thing to stick to, minus hormonal monthly swings that is.

I've been told a zillion times that I'm an extremely dedicated/committed person when it comes to fitness, staying in shape. So lazy I'll never be.

Two things have proven to be repeated obstacles/hindrances for me:

TOM cravings/hunger/mood swings

Emotional eating when I become depressed about something

I think the second one may be easier to overcome than the first.

My goal by the end of September is to find the proper ratios of nutrients to help me overcome my cravings and ravenous hunger that sets me off during TOM.

Distraction has always helped in the past....a major distraction, not just housecleaning or something, for instance. The most effective distraction that's worked in the past has been a PLANNED SHOPPING TRIP, 3-day-deal or whatever (yeah!), or a visit to a friend whom I haven't seen in a while. The boredom, woe-is-me-I-feel-like-crap thing doesn't bother me in these instances.

But I can't always have that kind of luxary.

I will find a way.

Yesterday was a great day. Forgot to bring my ratios/food from ****** PC at work home with me, so I should remember to put them on ****** Oline on Fridays so I can still access them at home. I logged my food from dinner onward last night. Had two, 3-oz glasses of wine....typical Friday. Bit of lean protein with it. It was wonderful.

Our HS team won their football game, 21-0.

Great Friday evening.

Off to work out now.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:33 AM   #141

SUNDAY

Yesterday was a good day. Continued to watch my calories/balance closely. Felt good and balanced all day. Leaning out again, finally. July and August are the WORST two months of the year for me weight/fitness wise. I despise summer....and by then it gets to me and I get lazy, hot and miserable. Tend to overeat more then. Cooler temps hit, I'm on my way. Perhaps I should move north?

Yesterdays workouts: 40 mins cardio (kickin/drippin/jammin cardio!), 10 mins of upper body weights. As many times as I've done Turbo Jam, and it still challenges me to the hilt. It has NOT gotten much easier. This is a good thing, I guess. I want to be challenged. Burn, Baby, Burn!

Made more protein bread last night using Kahlua s/f sweetener for a change. Tasted good. Also threw in 1 T of TOASTED almonds. Makes ALL the difference in the world using TOASTED almonds...wonderful flavor!

I've charged up my MP3 for a round of elliptical cardio today (20 mins), and then hope to get in an hour of Super Callan for lower body.

I kept ****** till 3:00 pm yesterday then "winged" it the rest of the evening. Did well, nevertheless.

1:30 PM: So far today 972 calories, but a little high on the fat. Just worked out that way. I'll go easy the rest of the day, keep it a bit leaner.

My crops are falling off. I love them, don't want to give them up, so I have a belt on to keep them up. It's the end of the season. Can't buy more now anyway.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:02 AM   #142

MONDAY

Yesterday's food:

1846 CALORIES

39%P (177)
32%C (144 net)
29%F (59)

Did 30 mins elliptical yesterday around 10:30 a.m. Later in the day felt weak and tired throughout the evening.

?

Depressed.

Intrigued by the amazing, rapid success of others doing BFFM.

87th Hour of Super Callanetics this morning.

Thus I begin my day.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:18 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tashi
Stats: 227/188.8/125 5' 51 yrs. old and hypothyroid
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 3/14/13
Ok, Don't make me have to pull out the Pom Poms and do some ludicrous cheers to perk you up

On BFFM you Got to not concentrate on "weighloss/pound loss" But on %LBM vs BF. Now, unless you're hiding some large rolls of fat, which is basically impossible given the pictures of you I've seen, you have little BF left to lose and it will take time even at the perfect macros.

Another thing to think about...I look at the stats carefully of all the women in my shrimpy height range and see them going for a goal or have achieved a goal of high 90's to 110 lbs If I went for that I'd have to give up quite a bit of my hard earned LBM...No Way!!! And the kicker is that at 130 lbs my measurements are smaller than a lot of them because of having put on long, lean and dense muscle mass.

Hehe...am I getting repetative or what
Old 09-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #144

Thanks, Tashi.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:47 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
OK Twyla! Enough of being depressed! Like Tashi said, you MUST focus on bodyfat loss....NOT weight loss! Trust me, there IS a huge difference!!!!!

I have read some of our previous posts and you say that you feel leaner AND than your jeans are looser AND that you look better. You've worked so hard to get to this place, how can you be depressed by others doing BFFM????

I too have seen your photos and you are VERY fortunate to have such a good percentage of lean muscle mass going for you. I've only been at this a little while and I'm building practically from scratch. And that on top of the fact that I'm a short endomorph!!!!!

Assess how you feel now -vs- how you used to feel when you weighed so much more. And you sure look great in those photos, so you're not going to get any sympathy from me either about this.

Now get your butt back over to the BFFM board! We need your smiling face there. Go on now...

When life happens, sometimes you NEED 'Plan C'...
Old 09-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #146

Thanks, Donna.

Been working through some introspection....deep, deep thought. I've tried to make this work, but I think it's time to go back to the drawing board.

I've decided in the last few days to re-examine my goals and calculations. I'm apparently doing something quite wrong. I weighed after TOM early this week and was very disappointed. I'll leave it there.

So I recalculated my body fat (online), my LBM, and TDEE.

It appears that I'm averaging too may calories. Period. The end.

Result: I'm not losing weight. In fact, my body fat has gone up 1% since June.

So I thought to myself, what do I do to stay full, satisfied, and not be hungry all the time? What's wrong with my macros? Obviously they've VERY screwed up.

So I re-read the part about baseline fundamentals:

"If fat loss is your number one goal and you want to achieve it the healthy waywithout losing muscle or energy, then you can't go wrong with 50-55% carbohydrates,
30% protein and 15-20% fat as your starting point.

Establish a baseline and master the fundamentals first. Then experiment and adjust as needed. The only way you'll ever know what the ideal plan is for your body type is to get on a good baseline diet first, monitor the results closely, and then make adjustments based on your results. In other words, don't try anything drastic like a mostly protein diet until you've exhausted all your other options and you’re reasonably certain that you’re very carbohydrate sensitive."

Well, since July I've been in the high-protein-low-carb range, according to T.V. 30C, 40P, 30F

I've decided to try upping my carbs to 35-40%, lowering my protein some, and keeping fat between 25-30%. My energy levels have dipped in the last couple of weeks, and so maybe upping my carbs (again, from when I began BFFM) will be the boost I need.

I've been doing this since Monday. I will weigh Saturday and see if this does any good. I'm doing zig-zag of low (1746 calories) for 3 days, then one day of high (2183).

I will continue my exercise as scheduled: 3-4 days cardio, 30 mins minimum. 2-3 days of Super Callan, 1 hour each.
2-3 days upper body weights, 25-30 mins.

I've read and re-read this section with interest:

Endomorph
It's the endomorph that needs to pay the most attention to nutrient ratios. Endomorphs are often insulin resistant and carbohydrate sensitive, so the high carbohydrate approach is usually out of the question. A better starting point for an endomorph might be around 50% carbohydrates. Then based on results, they may need further reductions to about 40-45% carbohydrates. In extreme cases, a diet with 25-35% of calories from carbohydrates may work best, although only for short periods of time.

I've never gone ABOVE 35% in carbs.

Perhaps it's worth a try.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-06-2006 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #147

As of 2:25 p.m. today, my ratios are as follows (M1, M2, M3, snack)

1182 calories

38% carbs (105 net)
36% protein (106)
23% fat
Old 09-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yes...serious introspection!

You know that I'm famous for my 'tweaking' and I too have had to sort of re-vamp my macros a bit. Even though I'm at 115 lbs., I'm trying to lose those last few percentages of bodyfat. Well, even after upping my carbs closer to the 40% level and keeping my fat BELOW 30%, I found that I was hungrier and more prone to binge eating. Ughh...so frustrating!

So I not only did NOT lose more bodyfat, I have actually been a lot more boated because of the extra carbs...and bingeing, of course! So, I guess the moral of THAT story is that I just do better with a higher percentage of fat in my diet as well as less carbs. That's just it! Sooooooooo.....I was thinking about you during a recent posting when someone said that they were so hungry I thought I'd check in to see how you're doing.

If you feel that starting from scratch is the best way to try and jumpstart the extra fat loss, it might be worth a try. The important thing is to not give up completely. You are much too determined to just let all your hard work go by the wayside!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #149

Donna, good points.

You have reached goal weight...so that is COMMENDABLE. Tweaking to reach your desired body fat % is your only challenge ahead of you.

I think I'm a lot like you in that I'm prone to bingeing if my macros aren't right. Maybe I too need more fat than 30%. But I can't up carbs AND fat, so I'll try upping carbs for about 3 weeks and see what happends, but I will watch my appetite/craving levels VERY closely in the meantime and stop this approach in its tracks if my hunger gets out of hand.

It fascinates me to see so many newcomers to BFFM making comments about not being able to eat all the food, getting too full, etc.

Am I just an mean eating machine or what? I never have that problem.

You're right...I AM too determined to give up.

Got knocked off the course a bit, but I'm not giving up.

I'm convinced that this is a great way to eat healthy and get lean. I just gotta figure out how to make it work best FOR ME.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Donna, good points.

You have reached goal weight...so that is COMMENDABLE. Tweaking to reach your desired body fat % is your only challenge ahead of you.

I think I'm a lot like you in that I'm prone to bingeing if my macros aren't right. Maybe I too need more fat than 30%. But I can't up carbs AND fat, so I'll try upping carbs for about 3 weeks and see what happends, but I will watch my appetite/craving levels VERY closely in the meantime and stop this approach in its tracks if my hunger gets out of hand.

It fascinates me to see so many newcomers to BFFM making comments about not being able to eat all the food, getting too full, etc.

Am I just an mean eating machine or what? I never have that problem.

You're right...I AM too determined to give up.

Got knocked off the course a bit, but I'm not giving up.

I'm convinced that this is a great way to eat healthy and get lean. I just gotta figure out how to make it work best FOR ME.

I think you have hit the nail on the head! As I posted on the BFFM board, I am just too carb sensitive to go the 40% mark, let alone 50%!!!!! Sure, I know that this is "supposedly" the ideal place, but c'mon....if I ate that way, I'd just binge myself back into fatdom!!!!!

Look, we all have our little idiosyncracies(sp?), but staying on track is my number one goal. Regardless of what the so called EXPERTS say, a 50% carb level just ain't happenin' at my house!

OK...a couple of suggestions. Try to keep your concentrated carbs (bread, oats, potatoes, etc.) around your workouts. Steer clear of "goodies" EVEN if they're LC. This alone can sabotage your fat loss efforts!!! Also, steer clear of alcohol. I know this can be tough, but if your body is burning off the carbs in alcohol, it won't be burning up any fat. Use the Zone and Balance bars ONLY in an emergency as necessary. Considering that you're having such a hard time, I would eliminate them completely for now.

Eat LOTS of fibrous carbs as your primary carb source. Until I get these last few percentages of 'bloat' off of me, DH and I are eating a huge salad + 2 kinds of steamed veggies for our dinner! We only have fruit once per day and that is 'usually' at lunch.

Oats are great, but only eat them a few times per week...NOT everyday. LC tortillas are also great, but only eat them a few times per week...NOT everyday. I think you get what I'm trying to convey.

To keep your appetitie under control, keep your fat levels at least at 30% of your total calories. AND if you believe that you're simply eating too many calories, double your salad intake...but of course, watch the dressing!

Like you, I have (what can only be described as) a VORACIOUS appetite! Keeping it under control was really important to my success and it took a LOT of fiddling with my macros to get it right! So I too am an incredible eating machine.

You can do this Twyla. You have come a Looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnng way since being 160 lbs. so don't let this little bump get you all off kilter!
Closed Thread