Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #1381
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
[COLOR="Sienna"]Finally found the picture of the new cut/style I've been working towards since about December. I've wanted to include this in my journal all along, but couldn't find the digital image to post it.

Back in December or so, I showed this ad to my hair stylist. I fell in love with these gorgeous, chunky, straight layers...too sexy...and because this girl has obviously thick hair (so do I), I was hoping my hair would cooperate, if using a flat iron (I have naturally wavy hair, just enough to annoy me), to get these envious, chic, chunky, straight layers. My stylist agreed, and expertly started me on my "new look."

Of course my hair is not this gorgeous brunette shade, it's shades of blonde and honey and frost and such -- wheat, maybe? -- but I'm hoping that in a couple more months (just in time for the beach), it will have grown as long as in this pic. It's been fun, the layers, the sassy, youthful, straighter look, and now just getting the length.

It's almost there. Another chapter of my "transformation."

[/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #1382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
That is one gorgeous cut, just how I have mine - but my fringe is a lot longer...so needs a trim. You are gonna look HAWT!! You planning on dyeing it dark, or are you staying a hot blonde??
Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #1383
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
That is one cute style.

Combined with the new bikini? Katie bar the door! (I don't know exactly what that means, but my mom says it- it seems appropriate in this situation).
Old 04-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #1384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
That is a gorgeous looking cut. I think it will look great on you.
I have to be careful the way that I say this. You are going to be a knock out on the beach this summer.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #1385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
That is one gorgeous cut, just how I have mine - but my fringe is a lot longer...so needs a trim. You are gonna look HAWT!! You planning on dyeing it dark, or are you staying a hot blonde??

Girl, I PM'd ya on the nutriton and workout stuff...AND YOU CAN SEND ME A PIC OF YOURSELF ANY TIME ... I'M WAITING....

As for the dying dark? Not. It wouldn't flatter my skin tones. I have very autumn skin, KWIM? And if I dyed it any color, it would be in the auburn family. Although my sister is a brunette, but her skin is more olive than gold.

But for now, I'll keep enjoying being a blonde. It's worked well for me.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
That is one cute style.

Combined with the new bikini? Katie bar the door! (I don't know exactly what that means, but my mom says it- it seems appropriate in this situation).
Thanks, Gina. I appreciate the vote. I was hoping I'd get a thumbs up or two before "curtain call."

Yeah, I've heard about ol' Katie too! Where in the WORLD did THAT cliche originate! (Love your humor)
Old 04-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardolowcarbo View Post
That is a gorgeous looking cut. I think it will look great on you.
I have to be careful the way that I say this. You are going to be a knock out on the beach this summer.

Thanks.
:blush:
Old 04-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #1388

[COLOR="Sienna"]THUR APR 16

Today has been a great day. Another day of success. Great energy. Hunger subdued all day. ???? Medium day in the rotations. And only one day away from The Evil Force. And even down a pound this morning on the scales. That alone is miraculous.

I'm taking tomorrow off because it's spring break for my sons and I'm gonna hang out and be a cool/fun mom with them. Taking youngest son, 11, to see a movie tonight, his choice:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]MONSTERS VS. ALIENS

When California girl Susan Murphy is unwittingly clobbered by a meteor full of outer space gunk on her wedding day, she mysteriously grows to 49-feet-11-inches tall. The military jumps into action and Susan is captured and secreted away to a covert government compound. There, she is renamed Ginormica and placed in confinement with a ragtag group of Monsters: the brilliant but insect-headed Dr. Cockroach, Ph.D.; the macho half-ape, half-fish The Missing Link; the gelatinous and indestructible B.O.B.; and the 350-foot grub called Insectosaurus. Their confinement is cut short, however, when a mysterious alien robot lands on Earth and begins storming the country. In a moment of desperation, the President is persuaded to enlist the motley crew of Monsters to combat the Alien Robot and save the world from imminent destruction.

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Have I ever mentioned that I despise science fiction, insects, monsters, and outer space fiction?

But I love my son, and it's his moment, and we're going, and I'm gonna pretend that I'm having the time of my life.

So....recapping today: Good butt/leg doms from yesterday, excellent UB workout this morning, good power/intensity; good energy. Tomorrow I'll return to low carb before my high day on Saturday.

TOTALS:

CALS 1706

PROT....193 .... 45%
CARBS..113..... 24%
FIBER.....23
FAT.......64....... 33%

WORKOUTS:

7 mins cardio warmup
40 mins UB split: biceps/chest/back
AbRipper 300 (I added extra reps to each segment)

25 mins cardio (Turbo Jam) after work
AbRipper200

Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #1389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: btinc
If you simply show up and take what life offers, yeah, you might be able to achieve moderate, short-term success from time to time. But if you want to change your physique dramatically and permanently, you can't allow the circumstances to dictate your diet.

So, if you're on a quest for single-digit body fat, think about what you've done so far today. If you didn't pack your own food before you left your house, how much do you really care about your diet?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #1390
Major LCF Poster!

How was the movie? I will be at the Hannah Montana movie this weekend. I hope that you have a great day off with your sons.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #1391

Quote:
Originally Posted by btinc View Post
If you simply show up and take what life offers, yeah, you might be able to achieve moderate, short-term success from time to time. But if you want to change your physique dramatically and permanently, you can't allow the circumstances to dictate your diet.

So, if you're on a quest for single-digit body fat, think about what you've done so far today. If you didn't pack your own food before you left your house, how much do you really care about your diet?
Straight talk. Does a body good.

I think I must be on some kind of quest.........because I packed a slice of fat-free cheese, a protein cookie and a bottle of water in my purse last night before heading to the movie with my son.

May seem odd to some, but I couldn't care less what people think of my behaviors. It's my mission. It's my life.

[COLOR="Green"]“I often say, ‘Show them, don’t tell them!’
Let them see the progress you make
and the proof is there for them to see.
You may be an island,
but in time, if you ignore your critics
and stay the course of your dreams,
many people will eventually swim to your shore."

Cathy Savage[/COLOR]

Old 04-17-2009, 04:38 AM   #1392

Quote:
How was the movie? I will be at the Hannah Montana movie this weekend. I hope that you have a great day off with your sons.

TALK ABOUT KATIE BAR THE DOOR!!!!

Mercy, Rich, you have been put to the test. We sacrifice for our children, do things that aren't something we particularly want to do to make their fun times more enjoyable.....BUT HANNAH MONTANA??????? My towel is in the ring. You win. You're the man.

The movie was actually very cute. I think what saved me is that it wasn't as sterotyped sci/fi, aliens, gore, monsters as most, but rather comical, cute, funny characters that kept it light and entertaining. Some of the scenes made me laugh out loud (and keep laughing). My son loves it when I laugh WITH him at a movie. That bonds us better/closer than anything, laughing together. It was time well spent. He had his popcorn, extra grease and all, and a lemon aid; asked to stop at Cold Stone Creamery on the way home for icecream, but we were both tired, so that's on tap for our day today.

He likes going to the mall downtown (where I work), and wanted me to take him today, but I'm there EVERY day and I don't even like that mall very much. He likes it because it's big, and more majestically decorated, more escalators, different. I promised him we'd go when his oldest brother comes home and we'll all go see a movie there together. So at some point today, we may go west to the other mall and let him do arcade stuff and spend his allowance money on something he wants.

It's gonna be a beautiful sunny day today. I'm glad I have this day off with him.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Twyla, that haircut will look great on you! I have extremely thick hair myself and long and layered works best for me. My hair is also wavy/curly. It is amazing how much lighter it feels when I straight-iron it. Too bad it takes me nearly an hour to do it, otherwise I'd do it more often.

That was great thinking bringing your snacks to the movie.
Have an awesome weekend!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #1394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, Rich you are super Dad.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #1395

Dani, superdad because he's going to see HANNAH MONTANA, or superdad because he just is a superdad?

HM drives me insane. I think God knew what He was doing when he gave me all boys. Boys are self-sufficient, easy to please, simplistic, and low-maintenance.

Girls are so demanding, whiny, talkative, moody. Myself excluded, of course!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #1396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Dani, superdad because he's going to see HANNAH MONTANA, or superdad because he just is a superdad?

I can't stand Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana either...so my first thought is that he is super dad because he's willingly going to watch it with his daughter. But, I'm sure he's a super dad anyways. LOL
Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #1397

FRI APR 17

Okay. Recapping the day. Low carb in rotations. Slept in till about 7:30 this morning, taking the day off from work to hang out with my boys. The Evil Force arrived today, but I ignored it. I won anyway. SWISH! Down another pound this morning, making a two-pound loss for the week ... THIS WEEK OF ALL THE CRAZY WEEKS OF THE MONTH.

I think I've dived head first back into "the zone." Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Just got back a little while ago from my middle son's track meet...could only stay long enuf to watch his shot. He came in second. I think it measured 46 feet. My neighbor was watching the youngest son, and I couldn't stay for the rest of the meet. But it was good to finally get to see him throw. I texted him on my way home: "Grilled steak is waiting for you when you get home. I'm so proud of you. Love you."

Son #3 is having a buddy over to spend the night. They're out passing ball in the back yard.

I had grilled salmon and a salad for dinner. Gonna go for a run tonight....how I've missed running... just before dark. My favorite time to run. I was able to soak up some rays today too. It's been a good one.

TOTALS: (including snack planned for later tonight, if needed)

CALS 1717

PROT.....197 GR...46%
CARBS....80 GR...17%
FIBER.....20
FAT.........73 GR....38%

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS A.M.
15 MINS CARDIO ELLIPTICAL A.M.
(.....) MINS RUNNING INTERVALS, 8:00 P.M. (ISH)

Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #1398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post
I can't stand Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana either...so my first thought is that he is super dad because he's willingly going to watch it with his daughter. But, I'm sure he's a super dad anyways. LOL

See! I KNEW THIS!

Bless his heart. He deserves a crown.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #1399
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
HM drives me insane. I think God knew what He was doing when he gave me all boys. Boys are self-sufficient, easy to please, simplistic, and low-maintenance.
I am ssssoooooooo with ya here. I tell people if I had six more kids I would want them all to be boys.

Boys have a stack of jeans, a stack of t-shirts and a pile of white socks. Girls have all that matching, and frilling... and the scrunchies... Good Heavens, the scrunchies!

Sounds like you have had a great few days. Enjoy your time in the sweet spot!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #1400
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, The sacrifices we make for our children. I know. I can do anything for 90 minutes. I hope it's not longer than that. Yeah, I am definately not in love with the idea of watching Hannah Montana. However, I recently loved watching it's the easter beagle charlie brown with her.

Twyla, you are doing great 2lbs.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:33 AM   #1401

Discovered two new staples for my pantry this week.

Jenny O All White Turkey Patties/Burgers

(They're lower in fat than the regular JO T burgrers, all white, and 30 GRAMS OF PROTEIN! Yummy grilled!)

Quaker Multrigrain Mini Rice Cakes CINNAMON SUGAR flavor!

(Good choice for postworkout, and THIS flavor has surpassed the others to be my favorite -- sweet, thin, crispy and flavorful! Yum.)

Just finished my weight training, and I'm having my PWO mini meal -- these babies and a protein shake. Cardio to follow in a bit.
Great energy!

Time to make breakfast for two little rambunctious boys.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #1402

[COLOR="Sienna"]SAT APR 18

Major fatloss breakthrough. My body has "reset" -- FINALLY -- after a month of no scale movement, and I've begun to burn fat like crazy. As I mentioned yesterday, I've definitely returned to THE ZONE. I guess last week's higher calories and Sunday's downright shameful splurge, followed by a couple days of lower activity convinced my body to move forward, let go, stop fighting and cooperate.

I was down two more pounds on the scale this morning, for a total of 4 lbs lost, losses for three consecutive days. Scale weight is not the be-all-end-all of my progress, of course, but it's relevant in that from March 16th until Wednesday of this week, the scale moved not at all basically.

This proves how relevant patience can be in body recomp.

You work, you sacrifice, you put in the time, you eat smart, you work smart, and you sit back and wait, [COLOR="DarkRed"]all the while believing in your ability to succeed[/COLOR]. And just as with fine wine, developing a lean body takes time and patience. But the difference in fine wine and average wine is phenomenal.

Belief is a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing.
Beliefs drive behavior, and behaviors affect performance in everything we do.
Self-efficacy is the belief in one’s own ability to be successful.

Today was my high day in the rotations. I had purposefully chosen "select" carbs this week, avoiding others. I stayed to that agenda today, with the exception of this fabulous 9 Grain & Seed bread I discovered this week, salivating for it, waiting for high day to enjoy. I had it today with a turkey sandwich. It's 7:17 p.m., and I'm not hungry right now, but I haven't hit my targets yet for calories or protein. Cals are 1872, and protein is 155. Carbs are close: 222. I'm aiming for 250 carbs today.

I usually like having popcorn on my high days, so I'll wait and see. I may have it later tonight. I'm not going to eat just to be eating. I should get hungry later. I'll choose wisely. I've planned some options for snacks later, and if I eat what I've chosen, I'll end out at 2270 cals, 255 carbs, 201 protein, and 51 fat grams.

Wait and see.

After my weight training today, my muscles were full and glistening and showing off for me. Love that. I'm liking what I see. My body comp continues to improve daily.

Goal is an elusive term. Remains that way. I will want to continue with diligence to sharpen and shape my body into its genetic best.

WORKOUTS:

7 mins light cardio
40 mins LB weight training
40 mins UB weight training, emphasis delts/back

Early P.M.
30 mins Turbo Jam Cardio Party w/weighed gloves
3 mins hoola hoop
8 mins ab circuit

It's been a great week.

Revelations yet again. What a fascinating journey.

[/COLOR]
Old 04-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #1403
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
[COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I was down two more pounds on the scale this morning, for a total of 4 lbs lost, losses for three consecutive days. Scale weight is not the be-all-end-all of my progress, of course, but it's relevant in that from March 16th until Wednesday of this week, the scale moved not at all basically.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:22 AM   #1404
Major LCF Poster!

Wait to Go Twyla! Didn't I say that this was kick butt April? :laugh

Thanks for posting. I can use you lesson in patience.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #1405
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wait to Go Twyla! Didn't I say that this was kick butt April? :laugh

Thanks for posting. I can use you lesson in patience.
Correction. Way to go Twyla!!! I must not have been awake yet!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #1406

[COLOR="Purple"]
THANKS for the kudos, Gina and Rich.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Sienna"]UPDATING SATURDAY'S TOTALS, Just for the record......

CALS 2233

PROT......201 GR.....36%
CARBS...245 GR.....38%
FIBER.....36 GR
FAT.........51 GR......20%

[/COLOR]
Old 04-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #1407

[COLOR="Sienna"]SUN APR 19

What a beautiful weekend we had, until today. Gorgeous sun and skies Saturday, and for me the weekend included Friday, which was equally gorgeous. I picked up some sun both days. A friend of mine who spent the week at the beach saw me at the grocery store this afternoon and asked if I had been to the beach too. Nope. Just here. In my chair in my back yard, chillin & jammin to my tunes. The simple life.

Stocked up on fat-free cottage cheese today. On sale for $1 per carton. Backitup, boys. Gonna get a truckload of this stuff!

Today was low carb in rotations. The longer I do the rotations, the easier, more second-nature they've become. No more thinking to it. It's auto-pilot. You just know what to reach for, and what not to reach for. The only hard part is remembering what day it is. I wake up and as I'm pouring that first glorious cup of java, I ask myself: Is this a low day or a medium day? And then the rest is on auto. Cool.

Although no sun today, the clouds and light rain had a charisma all their own, particularly for a lazy Sunday afternoon. I began with worship, then lunch with my sons, planned ahead for the week a little, grilled a little, read a bit, grocery shopped, rested, taxied my son to his friend's and back, and did a little bit of cardio and ab work. And in between all of that, lots and lots and lots of time for introspection today. The rain and clouds harmonized with my pace.

Stumbled across and downloaded a great new song for my runs: "Wherever You Are," Ulrich Schnauss.

Looking forward to another productive week ahead.

TOTALS:

CALS 1738 (including snack which I'm going to devour as soon as I log off)

PROT......185 GR.....43%
CARBS.....68 GR.....14%
FIBER......17 GR
FAT.........79 GR......41%

WORKOUTS:

40 MINS s/s CARDIO; 8 MINS AB WORK
[/COLOR]

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-19-2009 at 05:38 PM..
Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #1408
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you had a great Sunday. I hope that you have a great week next week. oh, by the way. My daughter had a sleepover at grammy's and there was no talk of Hannah Montana. I was in the clear this weekend.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #1409

MONDAY APR 20

OH MERCY. Woke up starving. Tummy growling -- shouting -- at me! Feed me some food already!

Curious to see how the day develops.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sounds like you had a great Sunday. I hope that you have a great week next week. oh, by the way. My daughter had a sleepover at grammy's and there was no talk of Hannah Montana. I was in the clear this weekend.

You lucky dog you.
Closed Thread