Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #1351
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Rich, while it's on my mind, and that you've mentioned it, yes, by ALL MEANS, MAN, warm up before you lift!

So, yeah, lite cardio will do it. But also, another suggestion, I always begin my sets with a warmup set to get the muscles "warmed up," rather than putting maximum stress on them. So I'll start with a lighter weight and do a set or two, then I move into my "working sets," which is the challenged weight, at 3-4 sets or whatever my workout requires for that given day/muscle group. This also is very helpful in avoiding injury or overstressing joints and muscles.

Give that a go, following your cardio warmup, then see if it helps. [/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #1352

[COLOR="Sienna"]I JUST HAD AN AWESOME FULL BODY WEIGHT LIFTING WORKOUT.

If you want it
You come and get it
If you thought it
It better be what you want
If you feel it
It must be real just
say the word
and ima give you what you want ......

I FEEL GREAT.

I'VE HAD 97 CARBS, 84 PROTEIN, AND 18 GR OF FAT, FOR 839 CALS.

Something tells me this might be a good day.

Haven't gotten in cardio yet. Had my post workout cottage cheese/oatmeal and protein shake. Resting a bit, then gonna do cardio, then begin my day. I've got an Easter basket to make!!!

[/COLOR]
Old 04-12-2009, 04:49 AM   #1353

Old 04-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #1354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Happy Easter Twyla!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #1355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
That is great news about your sons, your oldest especially. Hope you had a great Easter.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 PM   #1356
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hope you had a great Easter! Great news about your son!
Old 04-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #1357

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hey, Magee, Dani, and Gina...thanks, and I trust you all did as well.

Easter was a great family day, busy with church and family gathering, bonding, etc. As it should be. The weather was cool, but the sun shone beautifully. It filled my soul with hope and promise on this blessed day. I rejoice for all that Easter means to me, to my family, and I celebrated and rested and allowed this day to lift me up and restore me.

I did not stick to plan on Easter. I tried, but I failed. Today is a new day. I'm getting back on track today and regaining focus.

My body has resisted me for far too long. The struggle has become more and more difficult. Perhaps allowing myself a week of near maintenance most days is not such a bad thing. Maybe I could use the break of rigorous deficits, coupled with my usual intense workouts. I know that TOM will be here in a few days, and that, on top of my body's refusal to cooperate, has been more than I can deal with, both physically and mentally.

On the positive side, I have kept up with my workouts. Saturday was a great day workout wise. I stayed on plan for Saturday also, it being a medium carb day. Total body weights for about 70 mins total, and 30 mins elliptical cardio, some ab work late evening.

Easter evening, 27 mins elliptical cardio, 8 mins abs.

I don't like going off plan because of the way my body feels the day after. It doesn't "run as smoothly," more aches, more discomfort, not as energetic. Proper fuel makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD in how our bodies feel and perform.

So. There. It's all out on the table. Ready to move on. I have some work to do. I fully intend to get it done.[/COLOR]
Old 04-13-2009, 02:46 AM   #1358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Twyla,

Sounds like you had a great Easter. Wishing you a great week to come. It sounds like you know what your need to do for yourself.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #1359

Yes, Rich, I don't regret my Easter indulgences. I feel that my body was SHOUTING for a break. I don't hear well at times. That, coupled with my stubborn determination to conquer all, at all costs...well, it doesn't always work that way.

So even though today was a little more difficult falling back into the swing of dieting mode, I've buried myself with inspiration and information, things to pull me back into focus. Friends can be great for that too.

I'm gonna have a good week.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #1360

[COLOR="Sienna"]MONDAY APR 13

Today I returned to a dieting mindset, low carb, and a deliberate avoidance of intensity in my workouts. Gonna try to catch up on sleep/rest this week. Gonna let my body have a bit of a break. Workouts will be in the plan, but just not as intense.

I was fine all day, hunger wise, until now. I've eaten dinner, and I found myself wanting to lick the plate...where's the rest?

That's it, Twyla. That's all ya get, Woman!

If I get hungry later -- and I b'lieve I will -- I'll have a protein shake or a protein nuked cookie with tea. And lots more water.

Handcuffs would be nice to have about now. For more than one reason. Maybe a straight jacket thrown in for good measure.

Say it with me, Twyla: C-H-I-L-L L L L L L L L L......

TOTALS:

CALS 1626

PROT......160 GR....39%
CARBS.....61 GR.....13%
FIBER......20 GR
FAT.........90 GR......49%

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS A.M., followed by 12 mins light cardio

[/COLOR]
Old 04-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #1361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"Say it with me, Twyla: C-H-I-L-L L L L L L L L L......"

Last edited by Danipower714; 04-13-2009 at 04:27 PM..
Old 04-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #1362
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla, Sending you and I will also say C- H- I- L L L L L L L L !

Last edited by Bring it on; 04-13-2009 at 05:32 PM..
Old 04-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #1363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
^^^^^^^what they said LoL!!^^^^^
Have a good week hun.
G x
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #1364
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
[COLOR=sienna]MONDAY APR 13[/COLOR]

[COLOR=sienna]If I get hungry later -- and I b'lieve I will -- I'll have a protein shake or a [COLOR=red]protein nuked cookie[/COLOR] with tea. And lots more water.[/COLOR]

Are these homemade? If so can I have the recipe pleeeeeease?
G x
Old 04-14-2009, 02:32 AM   #1365

I obeyed. I actually sat down on the couch and watched a TV program start to finish. Highly unusual for me to do that. I feel sure that if my TV died today I'd not even miss it. Just not big on TV. But it does serve a purpose, having a mesmerizing, hypnotic effect on me. I'm surprised I made it through the entire one-hour program before the big crash. I began having "Garfield" eyes about 15 mins before it was over. I fell asleep on the sofa, sleeping for who knows how long, before I trudged to bed and slept the rest of the night through in peaceful, coveted rest.

There. Ya did it, Twyla. You rested. It can be done!

The protein cookie thing? G, I have different versions of that, but last night I measured 2 Tbs of Dymatize Whey Protein Butter Toffee into a bowl, 1 tsp of s/f syrup, and enuf water to make a paste. Nuked it for about 30-40 secs till it made like a cake/cookie thing. Sliced it in half, and spread 1 tsp of natural PB between the layers and made a protein PB cookie out of it, with tea.

Give me a bucket of protein whey powder, and I can do amazing things.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:42 AM   #1366
Senior LCF Member

This is great! I can't wait to try it out. See you even managed to help out a vegetarian with protein issues!!! I'm gonna have to get all your whey protein recipes from you!
Any tips on how one can tell if a whey PP is decent? - ie not loaded with junk, but is nutritionally sound? Especially the flavoured ones...

Oh yes, and good on you for Chilling. You needed it and your body is and will Thank you or it!

*Pats T on the back*

Last edited by Glamour P!; 04-14-2009 at 03:18 AM..
Old 04-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #1367
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

I am glad that you sat down and chilled out last night. It sounds like your body wants to chill and rest a bit. It sounds like for you taking time to chill out and stay still takes discipine. You are listening to your body. It seems to me anyway that your mind and your body say two different things some times. Intuitively, I think that you know what you need to do for yourself.

Great job on the rest!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #1368

[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES APR 14

Medium carb day. Hunger greatly controlled today.

Yes, rejoice with me, children!

Feeling balanced and a sense of regaining control from my whacked out eating on Sunday. My body feels tighter, happier. It thanks me.

TOTALS:

CALS 1749

PROT.....196 GR....45%
CARBS...127 GR.....26%
FIBER.....20 GR
FAT........58 GR.....30%

WORKOUTS:

30 mins UB split (delts/triceps)
18 mins Ab Jam
20 mins cardio, elliptical

[/COLOR]
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #1369
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

It's nice to see you feeling good!!! Seems like the day of chilling out was good for you.
A big thank you for the help with the Carb rotations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Bring it on; 04-15-2009 at 02:55 AM..
Old 04-15-2009, 06:12 AM   #1370

Rich, you're welcome. I pay it forward proudly and graciously.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Yes, that chill day did me some good. I'm thinking all of last week may have done me some good, though at first glance it being seemingly out of control, in retrospect, I found myself rather amazed [/COLOR]this morning when I weighed for the first time in a while. I'm only a few days away from TOM, and sometimes I'll show a gain with pre-arrival. Coupling that with my horrendous appetite last week, far too many days at or over maintenance calories, ESPECIALLY SUNDAY -- HOLY CRAP -- and I was sure I'd see an increase in the weight. I mean, what else could I expect.

NOT. I was at the exact same weight.

I normally don't weigh the few days before TOM because it messes with my mind, puts me in a bad mood, distorts my attitude and perspective. But from visual indications, my better judgement told me to take a peek.

Score!

And it only gets better from here.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 AM   #1371
Major LCF Poster!

This TOM guy sounds like a trouble maker. LOL.

In all seriousness, That's great. You seem to be in a great mood!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #1372
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

Questions:

1. On low days should I be getting away from eating things like a full fat fage?
On a low day, is it an issue to eat oatmeal or a detour bar around workout and a high fat fat food at another part of the day. Same question for medium days.

2. It is my understanding that on only high carb days, I need to keep it fat free. On low carb and medium carb days I just adjust the macro fat percentage accordingly. The higher the carbs, the lower the fat and on high days about 20% tops for fat. Is this correct?

3. Is it a best practice to keep each meal (except around workouts) to the macro goal of the day? For example, In each meal on a low day, I should be shooting to keep it 50% fat 20% carb and 30% protein as best I can. Instead of one meal 60% fat and another 40% fat. Have you found that things work better the more balanced each meal is to that day’s macro goal?

4. Depletion workout before high day? Intense workout on high day? These are two days that workouts are a must?

That is all that I can think of for now. TIA.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #1373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardolowcarbo View Post

Twyla, you really seem to know your body! Glad you peeked on the scale!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #1374

Quote:
Twyla,

Questions:

1. On low days should I be getting away from eating things like a full fat fage?
On a low day, is it an issue to eat oatmeal or a detour bar around workout and a high fat fat food at another part of the day. Same question for medium days.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Low carb days, higher fat is not an issue. Have your fage. And no, it's not a problem having your oats or Detour for low days. Just keep your carbs at the meals closest to your workout times. Think GREEN ONLY after 5:00 or 6:00 p.m., fat, and protein. Medium days, same. What I do, I have my carbs at Meals 1-4 on medium days, green only for 5 and 6. Low days, Meals 1-3, green, fat and protein for meals 4-6.[/COLOR]

2. It is my understanding that on only high carb days, I need to keep it fat free. On low carb and medium carb days I just adjust the macro fat percentage accordingly. The higher the carbs, the lower the fat and on high days about 20% tops for fat. Is this correct?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Yes, low as you can go on fat on high carb days, 20% or under is best. Correct assumptions[/COLOR].

3. Is it a best practice to keep each meal (except around workouts) to the macro goal of the day? For example, In each meal on a low day, I should be shooting to keep it 50% fat 20% carb and 30% protein as best I can. Instead of one meal 60% fat and another 40% fat. Have you found that things work better the more balanced each meal is to that day’s macro goal?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]No, that's not how I handle it. After my first 3 (or 4) meals of the day, my carb macros dip way down, and I look mainly at grams for the rest of the day. If I'm hungry I eat more fat for balance if I haven't hit my quota for the day (50 gr on med days, 100 or less on low carb days), or, if I'm at my limit on fat, I fill up on protein. I strive for no less than 175 gr of protein per day regardless, if possible.[/COLOR]

4. Depletion workout before high day? Intense workout on high day? These are two days that workouts are a must?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Just try to keep your day before the high day low carbs, and either rest or light cardio. Don't think about depleting now. Once your body starts acclimating to the rotations, it will begin to use the carbs more efficiently and that will take care of itself.

Take advantage of your high day by getting in a decent workout. You'll have all of that energy, and you'll want to put it to good use. I find that most weeks, I am still "running in 5th gear" on the day following a high, from the carb spillover effect. You may not exp that. Just give it time and see how your body reacts to the changes. Don't think this is a concrete recipe for your carb rotations. You'll likely need to adjust some variables to tailor to your specific goals and results.[/COLOR]

Rich, let me know if you have other concerns. Roll up your sleeves and give it a go.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #1375

Quote:

[COLOR="Red"]ABSOLUTELY DEMONIC.

If only guys could spend just one week of their entire lives with this Dark Force,
they'd know what hell we go through.
[/COLOR]
Old 04-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #1376

Thanks, Dani. Yes, I have to say, I am keenly aware and in touch with my body. It's been a learning process, but it's uncanny how I can just sense things now.

All day today, as crazy as this sounds, it's like I can hear/feel my metabolism running like a race car. It's a feeling of balance, of energy, of satiety, and this incredible .... how do I describe it... not sure .... it's like my physiological "white noise." I just know when things are going as they should.

Tried on some bikinis today. I love the boy short bikinis...very athletic, sexy, slimming. I'll probably head that direction, but I'm gonna need to buy separates.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #1377
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Rich, let me know if you have other concerns. Roll up your sleeves and give it a go.

Thank You! I am going for it.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #1378
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:

Tried on some bikinis today. I love the boy short bikinis...very athletic, sexy, slimming. I'll probably head that direction, but I'm gonna need to buy separates.
Where's the whistling smiley?

Have you tried Land's End? You can't try them on because its a catalog, but they have about a bazillion combinations of swimsuit separates.

Board shorts and tankini gal here.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #1379

[COLOR="Sienna"]Thanks for the tip, Gina. I'll check those out.

Leave the light on....I'm headed your way next.

WED APR 15

Back to low carb in rotations today. Seamless transition. Great energy. Steady satiety. Feel great. Wish all days could be this easy. Why does it have to be more of a struggle at times? Hormones are inevitable, that I know. But I suppose we have to have both mountains and valleys in our journey to get our attention, reinforce our lessons, our resolve, our determination to push ahead.

Tried on swimsuits today to pretend it was summer....such a cold day! Glad it's not here yet. I have more work to do. I know my weaknesses with body comp, and I want to focus on those and try to stick to my nutrition and rotations as closely as I can. The discipline is well worth the rewards.

Following this morning's lower body weight training, I had major jelly legs. Yeah, I walked a little funny for a while. Nice burn/fatigue. Yeah, I know what I'm doing. I know what to do. I like getting it done.

[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Don't stop me now, don't need to catch my breath
I can go on and on and on
When the lights go down and there's no one left
I can go on and on and on

Give it to me, yeah
No one's gonna show me how
Give it to me, yeah
No one's gonna stop me now [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Grilled steak and spinach salad for dinner. YUM. I've plugged in an evening snack in my totals, in case I need it later. I'll wait and see. Fat not as high today for some reason. But I feel fine and satiated.

TOTALS

CALS 1731
PROT.....219 ....51%
CARBS....71......14%
FIBER.....15
FAT........69......35%

WORKOUTS

40 MINS LB WEIGHT TRAINING (A.M.)
12 MINS ELLIPTICAL CARDIO (A.M.)
20 MINS ELLIPTICAL CARDIO (AFTER WORK)

[/COLOR]
Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #1380

Recalling for reinforcement, focus and posterity:

[COLOR="Green"]"Remember, it doesn't get hard until the end,
and you have to play a game of trickery on your body and mind.
You're now entering the battle of battles."
[/COLOR]

Closed Thread