Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #1321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: btinc
Not near as bad as I thought, matter fact this was a outstanding day.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #1322
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by btinc View Post
Not near as bad as I thought, matter fact this was a outstanding day.
Thanks. But, as I mentioned, the post-workout mini meal yanked those cals and carbs up to over 2000 cals and about 160 carbs total, avg. I was walking a very shaky line yesterday, hunger/control wise.

I hope today will be better.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #1323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
[COLOR="Sienna"]MONDAY APR 6

When hungries hit, there's not a whole lot a person can do about them. When we diet, it happens. It's expected.
What's important is learning HOW to deal with them.
What to do, what not to do, what to eat, what not to eat, powering through it both mentally and physically, determined to beat it.
Sometimes we feed it, sometimes we don't.
It's all a balancing act in the big picture of weight/fat loss.
[/COLOR]
Thanks for posting this. It is helpful to hear another's perspective.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #1324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hey T - just a quick hi. Thanks for your message. So nice to pop by every now and again whilst healing and see a friendly message.
Still very sore and fragile tbh, but am getting stronger daily - mainly thanks to your messages of the past!!
Hope you are well. Sorry I haven't read back thru your thread, but its just a quick hi before bed.
Have a good week.
G x
Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #1325
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Twyla - Dr. Oz is talking about Vit D's importance right now on Oprah. How funny is that??
Old 04-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #1326

Hey, G and Daisy.

Daisy, I don't trust Oprah's docs....they're all over the page most of the time. But I DO believe in the Vitamin D theories/supplements and why we need them.

You'll have to tell me what those guys said.

Okay, so today, I was hoping for a less hungry day. It started out that way, and by mid afternoon it started to take a dive. I had eaten lunch, I should not have been hungry, but I was, and I wanted carbs.

I sinned. There was a jar of peanut M&M's on my desk -- been there since February, they're for my boss who frequents in and out and helps himself when he has a sweet attack. I see them sitting there every single day. Day after day. And I've never even touched them. Until today.

I can't believe this, but I deliberately, knowingly, intentionally reached into that jar and ate a handful of peanut M&M's. It was rather ******ic actually They were wonderful. Did I feel guilty? Yes. But at the moment, it didn't matter much. After that handful was eaten, meticulously -- biting off the chocolate first, then eating the peanut, each one, one at a time till the handful was gone -- it was over. I was done.

I decided right then that I had to figure out what to do about the rest of the day. How do I lessen the damage?

When I came home, I had a cottage cheese blizzard with coffee, and later a salmon patty. And that was it. That was what I ate for the rest of the day.

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a total failure. Being a low carb day, my bad deed kind of shot that out the window. But overall, it wasn't terrible. I stopped. I had one handful -- first time I've had real candy in months. And then I stopped, regrouped, regained control, and didn't miss a beat.

Which means what? Heck if I know.

My body is fighting me. That's what I know. Why? That's what I DON'T know. Is it hormonal? Is it metabolism changes? Not sure.

I had commitments this evening, and I stayed busy until just a few minutes ago.

I haven't totaled my food today, but I'll work on that tomorrow. It can't be that bad.

My workouts: 40 mins of Turbo Jam and 18 mins of Ab Jam first thing this morning.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for LB strength training .... can't wait, love that...and technically a medium carb day. That scares me, given the last few days of feeling out of control at times. Hmmm.

I'll just continue to take my program one day at a time.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-07-2009 at 06:29 PM..
Old 04-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #1327
Major LCF Poster!

Well Miss Twyla - I shouldn't counsel you (I'm not an angel; more like a little devil) on inconsistancies, but Peanut M&Ms are lovely. A handful can't be looked on in such a guilty fashion. Especially from you! I mean, look - you immediately went back to biz as usual. And enjoyed them. Ta da! Over it. Done with it.

I was watching Oprah while working in my home office - they were talking about different zones around the world - called Blue Zones I believe - where the people have the longest life spans. It was interesting.

What I gleaned from watching: Calcium, Vit D, broccoli, cheese, pecorinno cheese, dark red wine, goat milk, omega 3s, moving steadily during our normal day, having purpose, having good friends, keep family close, never retire from something you love.

Good job as always young lady.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
I was watching Oprah while working in my home office - they were talking about different zones around the world - called Blue Zones I believe - where the people have the longest life spans. It was interesting.

What I gleaned from watching: Calcium, Vit D, broccoli, cheese, pecorinno cheese, dark red wine, goat milk, omega 3s, [COLOR="Purple"]
moving steadily during our normal day,
having purpose,
having good friends,
keep family close,
never retire from something you love.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]Wow. Love that. Good medicine.

Thanks for sharing that, Daisy.

And the M&M thing? That was so stupid. But I screwed up, and it's over, and it didn't end in a carbomania meltdown. I'm good. Thanks for that pick-me-up.
[/COLOR]
Old 04-08-2009, 03:39 AM   #1329
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Twyla! You are my hero. I'm in awe that you have had peanut m&ms on your desk for 2 months and haven't touched them and when you do - YOU Controlled it! WoW! I was that in control before the holidays and now things have slipped a bit, but I'm steadily working at it. I know, I know I've avoided my journal and it does help in the grand scheme of things so I will get back there so I too can learn from my mistakes and move on.

You Rock! Hugs
Old 04-08-2009, 06:39 AM   #1330

[COLOR="Sienna"]Ahh, the validation from friends. Thanks, Kelley.

Okay, here are yesterday's food totals -- I was too tired last night to deal with it.

CALS 2209

PROT.....218 GR.....39%
CARBS...109 GR.....18% (Not as high as I thought it would be)
FIBER......18 GR
FAT.......106 GR......42%

Basically a maintenance day, low to med carbs.

On a lighter note (play on words), the sun is shining today, and my plan is to run intervals after work. I can already hear the music powering me along...today is a better day already.
[/COLOR]
Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #1331
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
ONE handful of m&ms? Not so bad at all! And peanut ones at that, the protein & fat slowed the absorbtion of the carbs.

When I do something like that it helps to think back to my OLD habits. There was a time when I would fill up a bowl with the same m&ms (over a cup at least) and go sit down after dinner to watch TV. It wouldn't be unheard of to go back later and refill it. I do love peanut m&ms.

My indescretion? Last night we went out for burgers. I ordered my bunless & diet soda. Yummy. Then I had maybe 6-8 sweet potato fries. I immediately start planning on tacking a mile on to my usual run tonight.

We've come a long way baby!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
ONE handful of m&ms?
Not so bad at all! And peanut ones at that,
the protein & fat slowed the absorbtion of the carbs. ..........
We've come a long way baby!

I LOVE IT!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #1333

[COLOR="Sienna"]Goofing off on my "extended" lunch hour today, I thought I'd try on a few new clothes. There were really cute "junior" sized shorts, great prices/styles, and I'm thinking, my butt is not a junior size, but I'll give it a go. Had to make two trips, changed, redressed, undressed (but it was worthi it) to get the right size.

Then I begin the self-analyzing thing in the mirror: Okay. Legs...Let's see.....Hmmm.....Yeah, okay.......

The best part of the day is that I am going to have to retire my favorite brown Ann Taylor dress pants. They were sliding off my hips, dragging the floor -- how ridiculous I no doubt looked. So I rolled the top down, and kept my shirt on the outside to hide it, so I could keep them up. :blush:

These are the moments that tell me things are going well for me, as planned, on track, regardless of occasional slipups and such.

I was a very good girl today. I've been on plan and feeling in control. Looking forward to my run about an hour from now.

[/COLOR]
Old 04-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #1334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
That is awesome about your baggy dress pants!!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #1335

[COLOR="Olive"]WED APR 8

Thanks, Dani. It IS a great feeling. Problem is, I don't have much that fits anymore, and I don't like shopping in the mall close to my job/office, so I have to wait for time to get to the mall west of where I live, better selections and such. I don't want to buy a lot, just enuf to get by for a while.

Still searching for the right swimsuit...going for a bikini of sorts...we'll see. I know what I want, but I haven't found it yet. Searching is a good challenge.

Today went very well. Stuck to plan, medium carb day. Hunger in check. Energy good. Sunshine uplifting.

Ended up having to postpone run till about 8:30. Forgot that youngest son had a baseball game. Froze my butt off at the game. The run afterward felt good, sweating, spent, and exhilarated.

Ready for bed now. It's been a good day.

TOTALS

CALS....1729
PROT.....223 GR...52%
CARBS...138 GR...29%
FIBER......30
FAT........45 GR.....23%

WORKOUTS:

A.M.
35 mins LB weight training;
200 AbRipper;
10 mins cardio/elliptical

P.M.
32 mins running intervals (20), 45/30
[/COLOR]
Old 04-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #1336
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
[COLOR="Sienna"] I thought I'd try on a few new clothes.

The best part of the day is that I am going to have to retire my favorite brown Ann Taylor dress pants. They were sliding off my hips, dragging the floor

[/COLOR]
Isn't a great feeling! Good for you!
Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 AM   #1337

Woke up this morning with some good DOMS, lower body, from yesterday. Love that. Did my walking lunges sets drop-set style, beginning with highest weight then descending. By the fourth set I was, uh, challenged. I think it works!

I had a nightmare last night. Dreamed my hairdresser -- who is a great stylist and does a FABULOUS job -- botched my hair, whacked it off and did some funky style...I'm going off on her, WTH, what did you do to my hair...."well, it's doesn't look THAT bad..." and on and on and on, fussing and furious and irritated....
and then the alarm goes off.
I'm saved.

How stupid. She would never do that. Why do we dream stupid dreams.
I saw a woman with a very "unattractive" style/cut yesterday, and that had to have triggered that one.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:40 AM   #1338
Major LCF Poster!

Do you like Macy's? They always seem to have awesome swimsuits.

I love the baggy pants and shopping in juniors story! Yay Twyla!

Don't be analyzing your thighs! You are crazy girl. I've seen your posted pics and they are perfect. We should all have thighs like that! Crazy!

Your protein levels are enviously high! I am off to google sources. I haven't found my way (weigh ) there yet.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #1339

[COLOR="Sienna"]
Me too, Bunny, but for different reasons.
[/COLOR]
Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #1340
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

[COLOR="Sienna"]
Me too, Bunny, but for different reasons.
[/COLOR]
That's great T!
Old 04-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #1341

I'll make this short and to the point:

Another day of hunger.

Noticeable fatigue.

Took an hour-long nap this afternoon.

I think it's my lovely hormonal friend who enjoys annoying me with his pre-arrival festivities.

Nuff said.

WORKOUTS THIS MORNING:

10 MINS CARDIO
35 MINS UB SPLIT: BICEPS/BACK

LATER: 20 MINS CARDIO

CALS 1999, CARBS 109, PROTEIN 202

Old 04-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #1342
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Quote:
I'll make this short and to the point:

Another day of hunger.

Noticeable fatigue.

Took an hour-long nap this afternoon.

I think it's my lovely hormonal friend who enjoys annoying me with his pre-arrival festivities.

Nuff said.

WORKOUTS THIS MORNING:

10 MINS CARDIO
35 MINS UB SPLIT: BICEPS/BACK

LATER: 20 MINS CARDIO

CALS 1999, CARBS 109, PROTEIN 202

Oh sweetheart take some YOU relaxation time..
maybe some candles and a nice hot bath?

Feel better!

PS..
Loved the choc. bunny pix so much I had to save it!

Cary~
Old 04-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #1343
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

I hope that you have a better day today.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #1344

Thanks, Cary and Rich.

Trying to EMBRACE my struggles instead of wallowing in them.

Got 9.5 hours sleep last night. There's a good start.

Cary, I like the candles idea...a good-smelling candle and its pretty glow would lift anybody's spirits.

I've gotten my workouts in for the day, and I'm gonna dig out some smooth jazz, get the candles fired up, get some light housecleaning done, then begin my chill-down.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:09 AM   #1345

[COLOR="Sienna"]Updating for yesterday:

Tried to stay low carb all day yesterday. Did okay with that. Haven't decided if I'll stick to low carb today, or moderate to low-med carb. My body is itching to lift and I have pretty good energy, so I will let my energy dictate throughout the day, but pre/post workouts will be on target regardless.

Yesterday went out for Mexican for dinner, so it's hard to give an accurate on #'s for ******. I had one Mich Ultra and a grilled chicken salad. Rather harmless.

Workouts for yesterday: 1 hour Super Callanetics, 32 mins interval running, and 7 mins ab work.

Hormones in our bodies are so relevant to fat burning. I've learned so much, and I am HUNGRY to learn more. I'm obsessed with the need to know.

My oldest son is in for the Easter weekend. He needs to lose weight, and I have slipped subtle hints and encouragement, but knowing it was his choice, not mine. He shared with me yesterday that he had been to the college campus fitness center every day for the past week, doing cardio warmup, then 25 mins lifting, followed by 20 mins cardio. I WAS THRILLED!!!!!!!!! Then last night, on his own, he goes into my room and put in several minutes on the elliptical. Last night, after I had fallen asleep watching TV, I heard the garage door open, and found out later that he had been out in the garage lifting. NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE MY HAPPINESS/RELIEF. I think he's ready to take action. Finally.

Son #2 placed first in his track meet in shot/discus week before last, and this past track meet, he placed second. He's doing very well, and he sets a great example for his older brother. I can tell his older brother is proud of him, and I feel that it has played a big part in getting him started in his own fitness renovations. Son #2's track coach made the comment, as he was standing watching at the track meet, "He's a man among boys." He is so dedicated to his fitness and strength goals, and it shows. His body has evolved into a piece of art. I'm so proud of him. He inspires ME every day.

Life is good.

Off to hit the circuit. [/COLOR]
Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #1346
Senior LCF Member

Hey T - just popping by to wish you a very Happy Easter. You have yourself a good one hun!
G x
Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #1347
Senior LCF Member

Doh! I forgot to ask, what make is your elliptical?
G x
Old 04-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #1348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
Doh! I forgot to ask, what make is your elliptical?
G x
Hey, G. Mine is an older model. I bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods, and I think it's an Eclipse, maybe an 800, not sure?

It's been good and serves the purpose. Not as fancy as some of the newer models, but still.

That would be a good alternative for you for right now That, and Callanetics. I always recommend Callanetics to people who can't do a lot of jumping or weight bearing stuff, but still want to get in a good workout.

Happy Easter to you too!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #1349
Senior LCF Member

Thanks as always T -

There seem to be so many models out there that its so very confusing! Ooooh I can't wait to start Callanetics again!!! I'm not allowed to do any abs work for a while yet, but ooooh just you wait til I can!!

There is nothing like not being able exercise when you so wish you could, to make you wanna work that much harder you know?? Am walking a little now. Catch me if you can T!!

G x
Old 04-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #1350
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla,

Congrats on your sons!!! Sounds like you are very proud of them.

I do nothing for stretching or warming up on a lifting day. I walk into the gym and go to it. Big mistake. My knee is the first to feel it. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the tips on the stretches and warm up. I will look into both as I need to. I can't lift like I did in my twenties without Warming up etc.

I hope that you have a great Easter weekend and enjoy some good family time.

Best,
Closed Thread