Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #1171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Yep, G, you can eat this!

Where did you get this? So cute, and looks exactly like me LoL!. How do you add new smileys?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #1172
Senior LCF Member

Do you think if its ENGLISH toffee they might charge me less? LoL! Am going to a GNC type store and a fitness centre tomorrow to see if they supply different flavours of whey protein powders.
I love the doughnut analogy! (I just realised just how many words we spell differently in the UK to the US)..

You know how you have amazing arms now T - could you gimme some advice on banishing my bingo wings??...
G x
Old 03-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #1173
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
Do you think if its ENGLISH toffee they might charge me less? LoL! Am going to a GNC type store and a fitness centre tomorrow to see if they supply different flavours of whey protein powders.
I love the doughnut analogy! (I just realised just how many words we spell differently in the UK to the US)..

You know how you have amazing arms now T - could you gimme some advice on banishing my bingo wings??...
G x
I'm sure GNC will have a good supply... if not, try Netrition ... they have Champion Whey Cookies & Cream, my second favorite.

My spelling of donut was shorthand for doughnut...and it's spelled rather with slang, "donut," here. I type in abbreviations as often as I can...I'm a court reporter, and typing out is laborious when I know how much faster I could type it if I could type it in steno.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #1174
Senior LCF Member

I see. I find that I type in abbreviations here but then go over them, I don't know why tho? However if you were to see some of my text abbreviations - hubby is only just getting to grips with it after nearly 8 years together
I'm sure you see some interesting things in your line of work.

I would try Netrition, they have some wonderful stuff there, but the postage would just be soooo expensive. I'm not working right now either so I couldn't afford it tbh.
Don't you think its awfully quiet on these boards without HB?

I'm taking back control...Its my time!

lbs to go....

WATP 26/11/2012
Old 03-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #1175

Yes, G, I miss HB. Hope she's hanging in there. She has a lot of stuff she's dealing with, and it can't be easy.

[COLOR="Sienna"]WED MAR 4

Posting now because I'm headed out the door to go to choir practice, and no time later. I wanted to do cardio earlier, but my cold has messed with my voice, and I have a solo tonight and I needed to preserve the status quo, along with salt water and lemon and tea. Hope it heals better by Sunday.

I began the day not knowing how I should target my carbs. They've been the same for the last two days, and I'm trying to keep a "rotation" going here. But the funny thing is, that amt seems to be the perfect amt for me to maintain balance, satiety and energy for workouts. Also, when I'm doing weight training, I need the extra carbs, so a low day was out of the Q for today because it was a LB weights/cardio day. I didn't want to do a high day. Wasn't sure it was time for that.

Tomorrow is another weight training day (UB split and abs), so I'll wait until Friday to lower my carbs to around 60ish net, then go to a high day on Saturday when my workouts are heaviest.

My engine is humming a fantastic tune....

TOTALS TODAY:

CALS 1634

PROT....172 GR....41%
CARB....107 GR....24%
FIBER.....27 GR
FAT........68 GR ...36%

WORKOUTS:

LB & BACK WEIGHT TRAINING A.M.
POWER WALK TONIGHT WHEN I RETURN
[/COLOR]
Old 03-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #1176
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
T - your pudding and cookies sound fantastic and I'm going to add it to my recipe box. When I get a sweet tooth I usually plop 1 TBS of PB with 1TB of dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 sec and take out and it with the smallest spoon I can find (I have a 2 year old) those toddler spoons come in handy - Oh, I love Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey protein powder, it tastes like cake batter to me! YUM!

WoW T you sing too???? You really do it all woman! No wonder you are in such great shape.

I too miss HB and sent her a PM to let her know how much she is missed. You both are right the boards aren't the same without her.

Hope your engine keeps a humming
C25K Graduate and Now restart April 2012 W1D3 done
my weightloss journeyDoing it for myself and my family
Old 03-05-2009, 06:11 AM   #1177

Hey, Kelley. Let me know how you like the pudding trick. I use variations of it all the time. Yummy.

[COLOR="Sienna"]~ ~ ~

Last night's plan for a power walk outside turned into 17 mins of HIIT on the elliptical inside. My voice was shot by the time I got home, and I didn't think the cold night air would be the best thing for it.

I tried smaller intervals for HIIT last night, and I think I was tired, because I only made it to 17 mins and decided my body needed sleep more. But it felt good regardless.

This morning began with ab work, followed by UB chest/biceps, ending with 10 mins of TBB cardio.

Though my plan has been to get to bed by 10:00 to get in sufficient rest, I was awake by 4:15 this morning, probably due to head cold stuff -- always worse in the mornings. My lack of sleep may hit me this afternoon. I feel fine now....but the day is young.
[/COLOR]
Old 03-07-2009, 06:42 AM   #1178

[COLOR="DarkRed"]SAT MAR 7

THE WEEKEND AT LAST. I've been looking forward to Saturday all week. Not just because I can sleep in, or not have to go to work....It's because I have more ME time to do what I love most.... I can feed my passion on Saturdays with 100% effort and focus.

Today will be a higher carb day. I want to keep fat rather low. Yesterday was a low carb day, and my fat ended up being higher, as did my calories. I don't like low days anymore. They're tough. But it's part of working the program, something I have to do. Something I'm willing to do.

Here's to a productive day...[/COLOR]
Old 03-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #1179

[COLOR="DarkRed"]OH, YES.

CAN YOU SAY EXHAUSTION?

1 hour 15 mins down of LB & UB weights...gonna have a good post w/o meal....go for some good cardio later today.

Feels amazing.
[/COLOR]
Old 03-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #1180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Hi Twyla,

I just saw your new Avi on HB's thread. Awesome! Hope all is well. Yes, I am still hanging around the board and making progress.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #1181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: btinc
Quote:
I don't like low days anymore. They're tough. But it's part of working the program, something I have to do. Something I'm willing to do.
That is exactly what you should be saying, keep it up. Low days can be grumpy.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #1182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardolowcarbo View Post
Hi Twyla,

I just saw your new Avi on HB's thread. Awesome! Hope all is well. Yes, I am still hanging around the board and making progress.
Thank you, Rich.

I'm glad to hear about your progress. I need to follow you around and peek into that progress! Ya got a journal?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by btinc View Post
That is exactly what you should be saying, keep it up. Low days can be grumpy.
Grumpy indeed. And another one on tap for tomorrow. But why knock it when the plan is working, right?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #1184

[COLOR="DarkRed"]
So today went very well. My carb up day was thoroughly enjoyed. Surprisingly, even though I had pretty intense workouts, hunger was in check all day. My calories weren't nearly as high as I thought they might be, and yet I didn't fight hunger at all today. It's so much easier to control my calories when my meals are balanced with clean carbs.

All clean carbs -- oats, GoLean waffles, sweet potatoe, granola, some fruit, veggies, and 1 slice of Angel Food cake early in the day.

I fought the urge to run all day today...the weather was BEAUTIFUL, and this evening after dark, I was wanting so badly to go for a run. But I need to be patient and let my groin muscle heal. So I decided to do HIIT for my cardio this evening instead, along with some ab work. Maybe in another week.

Sat in the sun for over an hour today and read. So relaxing.

I'll go ahead and weigh in tomorrow and see what the scale has to tell me. I feel great, and I'm pleased with my progress. This one pair of low-rise jeans is a huge indicator for my success. They are snug, but a good kind of "snug," and they had been too tight to wear a week or so ago.

I'll return to a low carb day tomorrow and try to keep my calories at a deficit.

TOTALS:

CALS 1798

PROT.....175....39%
CARBS...224....46%
FIBER......28
FAT.........34.....17%

WORKOUTS:

1 hr 15 mins UB and LB weights
20 mins HIIT on elliptical (45/30 x 8)
8 mins ab work

[/COLOR]
Old 03-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #1185
Senior LCF Member

Miss T - loving the Avi - you hot thing you!!
Hope you are having a good weekend so far. I've not been on really at all since Friday, am house sitting for my inlaws who have gone to Rome. Just spent really good quality time with hubby!
Am making your pudding tomorrow - (protein cookies) we're planning on the movies on our way home so....YUM!
Keep well and happy.
G x
Old 03-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you, Rich.

I'm glad to hear about your progress. I need to follow you around and peek into that progress! Ya got a journal?
Hi Twyla,

The progress that I have made has only been in the form of weight loss and nutrition. I have to get my butt back into the gym. I look at the way you are and I used to be like that. That sort of dedication. I did have it back for a bit this year. Here comes the excuse. I allowed myself to slack when my Dad become terminally ill. I spent a lot of time with him, my mom driving 3 hours to see them and he passed away about three weeks ago and I have not been to the gym since. I am starting to want to eat really well again. Those four months when my dad was given about 3 to 6 months to live were a mess.

My dad died of prostate cancer that spread to his bones. I made a decision that I was going to stay as healthy as I could control for my family. I am 40 and feel like I am at a cross road of optimal health or letting myself go. I won't let myself go.

So in that light, I have made some progress, like I said with weight loss and a better diet, better lipids etc.

I don't have a journal. Maybe that is a good idea for accountability. I love to read your journal from time to time. It shows how such dedication is possible.

Yes, I want to be my best physically (health wise) for my wife and daughter.

I also want to feel my best for me.

I am starting to ramble.

I wish you the best for the upcoming week.

P.s. I also feel bad being a guy on this board and finding a journal such as yours and wanting to be part of it. When I see pretty much all women on the thread, I feel sometimes as if I am crashing the thread. I want you to know that I am mindful and respectful of that.

Last edited by Bring it on; 03-08-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Old 03-08-2009, 03:12 AM   #1187

[COLOR="Blue"]Rich,

You've had some setbacks, and the emotions surrounding them were clearly hurdles for you. I'm sorry to hear of your father's illness and passing.

I salute you for taking control of your life and putting your health and fitness in the forefront. You had the passion once before, and you know what it takes. It can happen again. You just MAKE IT HAPPEN. And you will.

Glad you're back on track. I feel that journaling is a great idea for helping us to see where we've been and where we're headed. It's a useful road map for our journey. I highly recommend it.

You shouldn't apologize for popping in here...I am glad you did. I wish you the very best in your fitness journey. I'll be another voice for you, cheering you on. Work hard, stay focused, realize your dream. My best to you.

Have a great week. [/COLOR]
Old 03-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #1188

[COLOR="Red"]The Little Red Tool Box[/COLOR]. [COLOR="Sienna"]I am using this symbol in my journal to flag valuable lessons learned, tips, notable progress, energy analyses, workout milestones, tweaks in nutrition that have made a positive or negative difference, whatever -- little “tools” of success that I want to find quickly and easily when scanning my journal.

Revelations.

Today’s remarkable entry: Having only had 9 grams of carbs from 5:45 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., I was trying to decide which form of cardio I should do today. I wanted to run (beautiful day again), but that’s probably out of the question for another week till my muscle recovers a little more. I thought about doing HIIT, but I did that yesterday, and I wanted to do something else.

I thought: It would be great to do Turbo Jam, but on so few carbs, I’m likely to hit the wall early on. Turbo Jam, with weighted gloves, can be challenging. I have observed that trying to do TJ when I am depleted, I fade and crash by the end, zero energy. When I am fueled with carbs, I maximize the burn, realizing my fullest potential with the workout -- as it should be.

So why, then, did I ace through 43 mins of Turbo Jam today? Is it because of yesterday’s high day in the rotation? Is it because I’m getting stronger and can go longer? Is it because it’s later in the day than I normally do Turbo Jam, and I’ve had time to wake up and come alive? Or is it a symphony of all the above? Likely.

[COLOR="Red"]But the important thing to remember is that on my low carb days, following my high day, go for it: DO TURBO JAM; and/or GO FOR A RUN. I may not have this energy tomorrow, so I’m enjoying it while I can.[/COLOR] One more day of low after today, then I’ll bump it up to medium.

I feel great. Though I have to admit, I was very relieved hearing Chalene say, "You did it...Finale...Cardio's over....You made it!" I wanted to gasp for air, guzzle water, and sit my butt down! But only minutes later, my energy is still peaked. I’m not at all hungry. And the low carbs HAVE NOT BEEN an issue.

Perfect. I’m loving this discipline. Another milestone.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 03-08-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #1189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: btinc
You should have plenty of energy even on a low day if it follows a high day.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #1190
Senior LCF Member

Hey T - how are you? Seems like you had a very successful weekend. A great feeling when you can fit in to something that was a wee bit tight before. Great going.
Am glad you resisted the urge to run. Your body will thank you for it, and support you better.
I echo Kelley btw - you sing too??! Is there anything you can't/don't do? You put me to shame.
Hope you have a fab week ahead. Keep inspiring and be inspired.
G x
Old 03-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
Hey T - how are you? Seems like you had a very successful weekend. A great feeling when you can fit in to something that was a wee bit tight before. Great going.
Am glad you resisted the urge to run. Your body will thank you for it, and support you better.
I echo Kelley btw - you sing too??! Is there anything you can't/don't do? You put me to shame.
Hope you have a fab week ahead. Keep inspiring and be inspired.
G x
Hey, G! You're right, as badly as I'm itching to run, gotta resist that urge a while longer....what BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!

Yes, I sing. Music has been a HUGE part of my life. It has somewhat defined me over the years, as has my quest for fitness. They're just who I am. I can't imagine life w/o music.

It's been a GREAT DAY.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #1192

[COLOR="DarkRed"]SUN MAR 8

I'm still in shock. I've had very little to almost non-existent hunger today. And the carbs from yesterday are still fueling me -- my cup runneth over! Yessssss!

I have finished dinner, and so far my cals are at 1075, carbs at 16, 3 fiber, net 13 CARBS!!!!

Yet I've put in 1 hour of cardio and 20 mins of abs. No hunger, and energy is still flowing. Amazing.

Included within those cals are 2 Tbs of coconut oil....is there a connection? Nah. I eat it most days of the week. But who knows. I'm just thrilled to feel this good on a low carb day.

TOTALS:

CALS 1075!!!!!!!!

PROT......115 GR........43% (too low)
CARBS.....16 GR!!!!!!!5%
FIBER........3 GR:blush:
FAT..........65 GR.......53%

So I'll see how I feel later tonight. If I get hungry, I'll eat string cheese or cottage cheese, or a protein shake with tea.

I've only eaten today when I've felt hunger, and that hasn't been nearly as "calling" as it usually is. But in the absence of hunger, I'm riding this one out.
[/COLOR]
Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #1193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey, G! You're right, as badly as I'm itching to run, gotta resist that urge a while longer....what BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!

Yes, I sing. Music has been a HUGE part of my life. It has somewhat defined me over the years, as has my quest for fitness. They're just who I am. I can't imagine life w/o music.

It's been a GREAT DAY.
Hey T - the can you send some of that good weather our way please? We had about 20 mins of sunshine earlier, and no sooner had I mentioned it, the heavens opened! It has not stopped! So Cold Brrr...!
I know what you mean about music, tho I can'tsing for the life of me, I love listening to music - anything that sounds good I love!
I didn't get making your pudding for many a reason - the main one being I spilled my tub of whey powder. It happened in slow motion, lifting the lid, it being stuck, me giving it a yank, and then me wearing it. I cried...and laughed!! Am going out to buy some more tomorrow.
Hope you had a good Monday!
G x
Old 03-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
How's your abductor feeling?

Five pounds is really huge for a bitty thing like you. That has to be close to a half size yes?

Thanks for your support Twyla.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
How's your abductor feeling?

Five pounds is really huge for a bitty thing like you. That has to be close to a half size yes?

Thanks for your support Twyla.
My muscle is feeling better, only slightly tender now. Thanks for asking.

Daisy, I've thought of you every day. My PM's are from the heart AND soul.

Blessings.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #1196

[COLOR="Sienna"]MON MAR 9

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that I had a net loss of 1/2 lb last week. I was down 1.5 earlier in the week, so water fluks are likely.

I'm good with it.

Today was another low carb day, trying to keep it under 70carbs. I made it. If I get hungry later, I'll go for bit of protein and LOTS of water. Hunger has been restored today.

TOTALS:

CALS......1434

PROT......165 GR....45%
CARBS.....67 GR....16%
FIBER......18 GR
FAT..........62.........38%

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS
30 MINS UB BODY DELT/TRICEP SPLITS, w/cardio during recovery
[/COLOR]

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 03-09-2009 at 02:55 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #1197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Hi T,

Thanks for posting your protein pudding/cookie recipes. Will have to try those this week.

sandy
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #1198

Hey, Sandy!

You'll love those...great for when ya want something sweet, but legal.

A lot of times if I'm hungry in the evening I'll have one with tea....trace carbs, good protein, and hits the sweet tooth! Can't beat it.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #1199

[COLOR="Sienna"]
TUES MAR 10 - MED CARB DAY

I NEED ENERGY

Energy noticeably less by late afternoon, which is when I scheduled HIIT. Hunger more noticeable today than yesterday. Upped cals to 1800 target for the day. Tomorrow is Turbo Jam, and I need energy for that. I will probably eat some carbs in the wee hrs of the morning tomorrow so that I can get through it with decent intensity.

Maybe the carbs I ate today will affect tomorrow's energy. (?)

TOTALS:

CALS 1805

PROT......190 GR....42%
CARBS....123 GR....24%
FIBER........24 GR
FAT...........70 GR....35%

WORKOUTS:

7-8 MINS CARDIO WARMUP A.M.
40 MINS LB & BACK SPLIT
20 MINS HIIT (P.M.)
8 MINS AB WORK
[/COLOR]
Old 03-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

T,

You are right. My journal is pretty lame so far. I have been sticking to 25 net carbs. I have 12 lbs to lose. ? for you.

I want you opinion. Before hitting the gym hard, lifting and Cardio, if you were me would you raise your carbs. If so in what increments.

I see in your journal that your carbs are much higher than mine. Did you start out low carb? Did you go through Ketosis etc. What is you opinion on that? The one thing that I find with being at 25 net carbs is a little lack of energy.

When I was younger and lifting calorie or carb restriction did not even cross my mind as I just fed my body and stayed thin and tight.

Now at 40 it is a new ballgame.

TIA

P.s. Your words actually resonated with me.
Closed Thread