Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #931
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
[COLOR="Magenta"]Hey T!
Where R U? We miss you!
Come back soon ~ K?

XO,
HB [/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #932
HB = Healthy & Balanced

[COLOR="Magenta"]Take your time, T!

Take a BIG WHIFF of Life!

We'll still be here for you when your life calms down a bit.

Meanwhile...enjoy those roses! [/COLOR]

Old 09-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Twyla - thanks for popping into my journal to say hi. Your face in there means a lot to me!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #934
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Twyla - thanks for popping into my journal to say hi. Your face in there means a lot to me!

You're welcome.

I know.

I totally "get" that.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #935
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Quote:

Ditto T !!!!! and I know you "get that". Cause U da best.

btw, I salute you for liberating yourself from posting daily in your Journal.

I know you're still on track w/ eating; exercising; tracking ~ but it was time for you to evolve.

Believe it or not, I was just thinking that exact thought approx 1 month ago while I was perusing some of your older posts.

I "felt" that soon you were going to make a change, leap off this trail you have forged ~ and I wondered when you'd be ready to take the "training wheels" off and evolve into even more of a Coach (than you already are) for the rest of us.

Enjoy your new freedom. You've earned it.

Of course, I could be totally off-base with this feeling...

XO,
HB

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches
Old 09-27-2008, 07:03 AM   #936

[COLOR="Sienna"]SAT SEP 27

Been a while since last post.

Thought I'd try to summarize and update my journey since the last time I made an entry.

Kept all things consistent (eats/workouts) until about one week ago, knowing I was one week before TOM. Decided to do high fat, low carb to avoid losing control. So I've done that for about the last 7 days or so. I started TOM yesterday, and I was thrilled to discover that it worked. No "uncontrollable" cravings -- yes, I had them, but I was able to control them with higher fat and L-glutamine mostly. Not nearly as ugly as it usually gets. The worst day is usu 5 to 6 days before. So I made it thru that, then kept it keto/high fat the rest of the week. Cut back just a bit on my workout intensity, but worked out every day. Felt very lean and controlled last night. WHAT A VICTORY. And despite my low carbs throughout the week, my run Tuesday night was one of my best (but I did have 1/4 c Cheerios before the run, and it WAS much cooler that night too).

So TOM arrived yesterday, and I decided to give a refeed a go today. Yikes. Do I remember how?

I'll track carefully and not go too wild. Hope it works like it's supposed to. I had gotten good at this. I know what I'm doing. I'm confident I'll ace this today.

Looking forward to some killer workouts today.

I finally feel that I've gotten to that point where I know exactly what I'm doing, where I'm going, and what to expect when I get there.

Liberating.

I appreciate Btinc so very much.
[/COLOR]
Old 09-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #937

[COLOR="Sienna"]Saturday's refeed went well. Wasn't my best, but it served the purpose. We had company over, and although I prepared lowfat recipes for the food I served, (chicken chili, cornbread, lowfat carrot cake), I did have a bit of cornbread and a few plain Doritos with cheese.

Sunday began with 20 mins of HIIT first thing. I resumed VLC and higher fat, and by late afternoon barely had an appetite. Got in a good run around 8:00 p.m.

Everything is going according to plan. Love it.
[/COLOR]
Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 AM   #938

[COLOR="Sienna"]My age is catching up with me this week.

I've made some mistakes this week, and my energy levels have suffered. My run last night was in the trash.

To feel my best, I truly do need to get adequate rest. Not only does it fuel my workouts and keep my metabolism happy, it keeps me from "stress eating" when I'm tired. And I've had plenty of lessons learned with THAT.

Off to do Callanetics.
[/COLOR]
Old 10-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #939
Major LCF Poster!

It's really hard to get all the sleep we need isn't it? BTW - you are a young un'!

I get up at 5:30 (I like a relaxed morning - no rushing about) and it's very hard to get to bed by 10:00. Nearly impossible. And I read all the time how important it is for weight control and energy. Duh right?

My BFF and I always talk about "tired eating." For some reason when we're tired we feel very entitled to a treat since we've suffered so that day. lol!

Thanks for note in my journal. These pointers are always important!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #940

Daisy, some days I feel my age! Yesterday was one of them!

To underscore my last entry, I had a couple minutes to kill this morning waiting for someone, and I flipped open to More magazine, an article addressing sleep disorders, and I'm skimming through the article and my eyes land on this:

"Sleep problems can also contribute to weight gain during perimenopause. Feeling fatigued can weaken your resolve to exercise and eat well, and it can also affect your appetite. Reducing sleep time can lower levels of leptin, a hormone that signals fullness. At the same time, lack of z's increases ghrelin, a WHORmone that promotes appetite. This hormonal double punch may not only make you feel hungrier, it may also prevent you from feeling sated after eating. The level of orexin, a WHORmone that increases food cravings, also goes up in animals that are deprived of adequate sleep time."

Some of this I knew, but had forgotten. Knowledge is power. Knowledge retained and implemented breeds success.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #941
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
To underscore my last entry, I had a couple minutes to kill this morning waiting for someone, and I flipped open to More magazine, an article addressing sleep disorders, and I'm skimming through the article and my eyes land on this:

"Sleep problems can also contribute to weight gain during perimenopause. Feeling fatigued can weaken your resolve to exercise and eat well, and it can also affect your appetite. Reducing sleep time can lower levels of leptin, a hormone that signals fullness. At the same time, lack of z's increases ghrelin, a WHORmone that promotes appetite. This hormonal double punch may not only make you feel hungrier, it may also prevent you from feeling sated after eating. The level of orexin, a WHORmone that increases food cravings, also goes up in animals that are deprived of adequate sleep time."
Exactly what we were talking about! Amazing. Sometimes I feel like everything is against us in this fight.

Really makes you never want to let 'em win doesn't it?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #942
HB = Healthy & Balanced

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]T, I am so happy for you and so proud of you!

You've made HEALTH a HABIT!

You are now successful at what we are ALL striving for...
to be able to go on auto-pilot and still remain on track!

To not have to struggle daily...
for the daily meals & daily exercise to become...
...almost effortless.

By that I mean...
to not have to "think too hard" about it...
...to Just Do It.

Congratulations my dear sweet special friend.
You deserve it.
You've worked hard and you have earned your success.

XO,
HB[/COLOR]

Quote:
[COLOR="Sienna"]SAT SEP 27

Been a while since last post.

Thought I'd try to summarize and update my journey since the last time I made an entry.

Kept all things consistent (eats/workouts) until about one week ago, knowing I was one week before TOM. Decided to do high fat, low carb to avoid losing control. So I've done that for about the last 7 days or so. I started TOM yesterday, and I was thrilled to discover that it worked. No "uncontrollable" cravings -- yes, I had them, but I was able to control them with higher fat and L-glutamine mostly. Not nearly as ugly as it usually gets. The worst day is usu 5 to 6 days before. So I made it thru that, then kept it keto/high fat the rest of the week. Cut back just a bit on my workout intensity, but worked out every day. Felt very lean and controlled last night. WHAT A VICTORY. And despite my low carbs throughout the week, my run Tuesday night was one of my best (but I did have 1/4 c Cheerios before the run, and it WAS much cooler that night too).

So TOM arrived yesterday, and I decided to give a refeed a go today. Yikes. Do I remember how?

I'll track carefully and not go too wild. Hope it works like it's supposed to. I had gotten good at this. I know what I'm doing. I'm confident I'll ace this today.

Looking forward to some killer workouts today.

I finally feel that I've gotten to that point where I know exactly what I'm doing, where I'm going, and what to expect when I get there.

Liberating.

[/COLOR]
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #943
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Quote:
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[/COLOR]
Me too! All hail btinc!

Gotta that man and his sage advice.

WHERE is btinc these days anyway??
Old 10-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #944

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird11 View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]You are now successful at what we are ALL striving for...
to be able to go on auto-pilot and still remain on track!

To [COLOR="DarkOrange"]not have to struggle daily[/COLOR]...
for the daily meals & daily exercise to become...
...almost effortless.

By that I mean...
to not have to "think too hard" about it...
...to Just Do It.

[/COLOR]
HB, I may have gone semi autopilot, mostly because I now know what works for ME and what doesn't, but that doesn't necessarily mean no struggles. Most certainly the struggles are gonna taunt and haunt me. I'm afraid the whormonal fluks () wait in the shadows until they see me at my most vulnerable and then pounce away. I just need to be aware, prepared, and able to identify the triggers of their attacks:

Fatigue
Unbalanced macronutrients
Not enough fuel
Poor food choices
Strategic meal planning
Lack of fresh air and sunshine
Road rage

I fall like everyone else. Yep. Sure do.:blush:
Old 10-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #945
HB = Healthy & Balanced

road rage? LOL!

anyway, that's what your LCF friends are for.
we are here to catch you when you start to fall.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #946
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I fall like everyone else. Yep. Sure do.:blush:
Of course you do!

Some of us iconize you, speaking personally of course, but never mean to think that you don't have challenges just like the rest of us. You are very open and honest and share with all of us so much of your learnings. And we can see with our own eyes your progress!

I enjoy your coaching Twyla. It has, and I hope continues, to be so helpful and motivational.

Doesn't mean we can't help you too. I can think of dozens here that would always be available for that. Me right up there on that list I might add!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #947
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Very well-said. Ditto to everything that Daisy said!

Quote:
Of course you do!

Some of us iconize you, speaking personally of course, but never mean to think that you don't have challenges just like the rest of us. You are very open and honest and share with all of us so much of your learnings. And we can see with our own eyes your progress!

I enjoy your coaching Twyla. It has, and I hope continues, to be so helpful and motivational.

Doesn't mean we can't help you too. I can think of dozens here that would always be available for that. Me right up there on that list I might add!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #948

Quote:
Of course you do!

How VERY sweet, Daisy & HB. Honestly. Makes my heart smile.

(As for the road rage, I'm working on that. Overcoming that one appears to be a life pursuit, however. )
Old 10-03-2008, 05:50 AM   #949
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Hi T and HB! Thank you both for visiting me and wishing me a Happy Bday. I agree with you both about how liberating it is to finally feel like I'm in control of what I put in my mouth. Do I have days where I fail, yes, but I don't keep going - you know the drill oh, I ate one cookie so I might as well finish the rest and add a few glasses of wine and a pizza while I'm at it

I like Daisy and HB find you so inspiring and enjoy reading your journal and posts on various threads. Your true beauty is on the inside. You have nothing but encouragement and sound advice when you engage someone and in this day and age that is truely something. I found my way to LCF by googling Callanetics and was struck by the beautiful blonde with the rockin body. Thank you T for helping me find my way to better health and consciousness. Love Ya![/COLOR]
C25K Graduate and Now restart April 2012 W1D3 done
my weightloss journeyDoing it for myself and my family
Old 10-03-2008, 06:36 AM   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Hi T and HB! Thank you both for visiting me and wishing me a Happy Bday. I agree with you both about how liberating it is to finally feel like I'm in control of what I put in my mouth. Do I have days where I fail, yes, but I don't keep going - you know the drill oh, I ate one cookie so I might as well finish the rest and add a few glasses of wine and a pizza while I'm at it

I like Daisy and HB find you so inspiring and enjoy reading your journal and posts on various threads. Your true beauty is on the inside. You have nothing but encouragement and sound advice when you engage someone and in this day and age that is truely something. I found my way to LCF by googling Callanetics and was struck by the beautiful blonde with the rockin body. Thank you T for helping me find my way to better health and consciousness. Love Ya![/COLOR]

Kelley, thank you. Very kind. And I'm honored AND flattered that you found Callanetics through ME (?) I didn't realize that.

You too are a rare jewel. There are those who just, well, stand out. You're one of them.

Your determination has paid off. You've definitely got "the stuff" it takes to be a winner.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #951
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Kelley, thank you. Very kind. And I'm honored AND flattered that you found Callanetics through ME (?) I didn't realize that.

You too are a rare jewel. There are those who just, well, stand out. You're one of them.

Your determination has paid off. You've definitely got "the stuff" it takes to be a winner.
Yep - I sure did. One night after being so frustrated with doing my aerobics tapes and seeing little change in body I started thinking about my skinny days and remembered Callanetics and was wondering if the tapes were still around so I googled them and saw they were and then I put in before and after and up popped your picture from the LCF Callanetics Challenge thread. I began lurking and eventually ordered and here I am today

Thanks so much that means so much to me coming from you. Have a gorgeous weekend. I'm sure your weather is similar to ours (Northern VA). I love fall. Have a great one
Old 10-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Hi Twyla,

Just stopping by for some motivation. You seriously rock!
2 questions for you
1 who/what is Btinc?
2 what do you do to get those amazing arms?

Have a nice week-end!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #953

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymagee View Post
Hi Twyla,

Just stopping by for some motivation. You seriously rock!
2 questions for you
1 who/what is Btinc?2 what do you do to get those amazing arms?

Have a nice week-end!
Hi, Magee! Glad you popped in here.

Who/what is he? He's an amazing man, a very knowledgeable, educated, talented, giving and tireless mentor-nutritionist-trainer-friend who took time to show me the ropes, and to whom I'll forever be thankful. (I first learned of and through him here: Fat loss with ketogenic: cyclical & targeted ketogenic w/weight training)

My arms? Thank you

Upper body weights, usually 2-3 x a week, splits, 8, 10, 12, 15 and 20 lbs; along with pushups.

You made my day, girl.

Have yourself a great weekend too!
Old 10-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #954
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Quote:
who/what is Btinc?
He's an amazing man,
a very knowledgeable, educated, talented, giving and tireless mentor-nutritionist-trainer-friend
who took time to show me the ropes, and to whom I'll forever be thankful.
I first learned of and through him here:
Fat loss with ketogenic: cyclical & targeted ketogenic w/weight training

!!!!! Hail to BTINC !!!!!

[COLOR="Red"]I have so many phrases & tidbits + knowledge in my head, thanks to btinc!
I, too, have learned sooooo very much from this very wise & generous man![/COLOR]

Last edited by hummingbird11; 10-03-2008 at 02:07 PM..
Old 10-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #955

[COLOR="Sienna"]Had a refeed day on Saturday (the 4th), and it went well, kick-butt strength training workout. Then I tore my contact lens (for the third time now), and it put me in a very bad mood -- I am so tired of reading glasses!

Later I took a short nap, woke up, began doing small tasks, and noticed my knee was bothering me. For no reason! Just began feeling tender around the knee cap, so I had to baby it. That added to my aggravation.

So before bed, I had more carbs, even though I was at my target for the day, just because I was p*ssed at not being able to run, and not being able to wear my contacts. Emotional eating is an evil obsession.

No harm done apparently. Back to low carbs on Sunday and rather quick ketosis, under the circumstances. Dinner with Mom and sisters. Went well. All on-plan eats. Anxious to see how the week goes.

My knee is feeling fine today. So I may try my run tonight. I hope. At least I had a good, cathartic Callanetics session this morning.

I'm definitely a night runner. The sun gives me headaches, even when it's cooler temps. Guess that makes me somewhat of a nocturnal creature?

Sunsets have always been my favorite time of the day.

Makes sense.

[/COLOR]
Old 10-06-2008, 06:49 AM   #956
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DiSa
Stats: 193/190/160
WOE: LC - 90 Day Blitz Challenge
Start Date: 6/28/2010
Hope you have a better week Twyla. I feel you on the glasses thing, I only need reading glasses but I can't read a darn thing with out them! I have actually gone to the store, read labels without my glasses, thinking I read something only to get home and find the contents were completely different! Hope your Knee is better too.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 AM   #957

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSa View Post
Hope you have a better week Twyla. I feel you on the glasses thing, I only need reading glasses but I can't read a darn thing with out them! I have actually gone to the store, read labels without my glasses, thinking I read something only to get home and find the contents were completely different! Hope your Knee is better too.
Thanks, Disa. My MISERY welcomes your company. I've just recently begun wearing contacts (only one, left eye, for reading), and in three week's time, I've torn three contacts. They're supposed to last about a month. NOT AT THE RATE I'M GOING!

And I can't figure out why they're ripping. I'm NOT man-handling those suckers! Surely it's not me! It's gotta be THEM. Is it the brand?

I need to be consoled by people who have had this happen to them, to assure me it's not me, it WILL get better, yadda-yadda-yadda.....(cello music playing in the background, of course) What a big crybaby, huh?

I just wish I could leave them in for a few days at a time at least, rather than in/out every night. I'm more stressed at inserting and removing them because of being afraid to TEAR them, than I am the whole touch-my-eye thing.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:04 AM   #958

[COLOR="Sienna"]Okay. Got my new contacts -- six pairs. Let's see how long they last. They're supposed to last approximatley 6 months, but my track record may not support that clalim.

My knee feels good this morning, so I'll try for my run tonight. I want to be SURE to get in some decent carbs about 45 mins BEFORE. A must-do.

20 mins of TJ cardio and 18 mins of Ab Jam done this morning. Still having DOMS in UB from Saturday's workout, esp back and biceps. Glute soreness noticed this morning from yesterday's Super C. I like it.

[/COLOR]
Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #959
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hi Twyla -

Sorry to bother you on this, just to let you know that I replied to the email you sent me a while ago - it took longer than I had expected as we had lots going on here...

You look fab and good to see you are still kickin it!
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Keep well and smiling.

Gurps x
Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #960

Hey, Glamour! I saw that you're posting again on the Callan challenge. Glad you're back.

[COLOR="Sienna"]Doing a search on a subject, I happened to come across this thread. Wow. A keeper. Gotta post it here for easy access. (Note the date of the post. I've come a long way in my education/journey.)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...eak-stall.html

[/COLOR]
Closed Thread