Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Thurs, 7:23 pm

Today has turned out to be a "cycle" day, so to speak.

My calories were up today, mostly due to protein. I guess that's okay.

It is a cardio day, and I'm always hungrier (not craving kind of hunger) on cardio days.

I'm good with all of it. I've been enjoying 1 muffin per day (protein muffins....Aber, Jackie, so good!)

Cals 2040

46P, (224 gr)
16C (80 net gram)
38F (82 gr)

I still can't believe sometimes that I'm eating 80 grams of carbs on some days, when I used to freak out if I went over 35 or 40.

Tomorrow is weigh day.

I'm scared.

I don't want to be scared. I want to embrace whatever it is and move forward.

So many setbacks in my journey have scarred me.

Some days I think I should just never weigh at all and just go by clothes, mirrors and tape measures.

My brother, fitness freak/weight lifter, has ALWAYS told me to FORGET the scales, they're only a number, and it's very misleading.

To weigh or not to weigh.

Always the question.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2006, 07:09 AM   #62

Friday.

Well, I did it. I weighed.

Siggy weight.

Again.

Big deal.

But I'm actually relieved that it wasn't more, considering the Pre-TOM binge that happened last weekend....not a pretty sight.

When I discover the nutritional strategy for avoiding cravings during the Pre-TOM thing, I'm going to have it copyrighted. I've managed to do it a couple of times since February: once with a modified Stillmans; and once when I first began carb-cycling-quasi-BFFM, by lowering carbs a few days before to induction levels basically, and upping fat back to around 60%+. It worked beautifully.

But timing is everything. I didn't "begin" that approach in time this past month. It sneaked up and bit me (the TOM serpent) before I had a chance to fight it. I was feeling a little too confident in my willpower foodwise. Things were going along pretty even, then Wham.

I keep reading here and there where some people close to goal still claim that they lose more/better when they keep their fat higher. Just read it this morning on main boards. And I think of people like Sheila, and Allie, and Pauline, they all don't worry about higher fat and do well.

It can be so confusing at times.

If I could lose one pound per week CONSISTENLY, I would think I'd died and gone to heaven.

Stop thinking so much, Twyla.

Take a deep breath, give thanks to God for your unlimited, undeserved blessings, and embrace who you are as a gift. Learn to love and APPRECIATE who you are, as you are, every day.

And never stop reaching for the stars.

Old 06-16-2006, 07:33 AM   #63
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: mrsislandqt
Stats: 220/131/carvin' it out...
WOE: Atkins/ckd
Start Date: March 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Thurs, 7:23 pm

Today has turned out to be a "cycle" day, so to speak.

My calories were up today, mostly due to protein. I guess that's okay.

It is a cardio day, and I'm always hungrier (not craving kind of hunger) on cardio days.

I'm good with all of it. I've been enjoying 1 muffin per day (protein muffins....Aber, Jackie, so good!)

Cals 2040

46P, (224 gr)
16C (80 net gram)
38F (82 gr)

I still can't believe sometimes that I'm eating 80 grams of carbs on some days, when I used to freak out if I went over 35 or 40.

Tomorrow is weigh day.

I'm scared.

I don't want to be scared. I want to embrace whatever it is and move forward.

So many setbacks in my journey have scarred me.

Some days I think I should just never weigh at all and just go by clothes, mirrors and tape measures.

My brother, fitness freak/weight lifter, has ALWAYS told me to FORGET the scales, they're only a number, and it's very misleading.

To weigh or not to weigh.

Always the question.
Hello there, Twyla!

I've found it to be more beneficial to avoid the scale during weight loss and carb cycling. Particularly with carb cycling because the scale may go haywire during higher carb days/phases. When I say avoid the scale, I mean on a regular basis. I had an agreement with my GP that I wouldn't weigh myself anywhere outside her office until goal. This worked very well for me because I didn't have all the paranoia about food stalls and increasing muscle mass. We agreed that she would tell me if I'd gone out of our agreed upon range (i never did). Would this work for everyone? Maybe not but I've done it both ways (lol, I almost typed 'weighs') and the benefits were much greater- both physically and mentally!

Can you hear me? I'm cheering you on...

c-
Old 06-16-2006, 07:50 AM   #64

c-,

Love this strategy. The more I hear it, the more I think I will try to implement it.

Weighing daily for me has been more destructive than helpful, that's for sure.

I get mixed signals. The scale says one thing, my clothes say another. Of course, that means adding muscle, losing inches, or both. And it's all good, right?

So to heck with the daily scale thing.

I've made up my mind. Once and for all.

Once a week, and not after a carb up or calorie up day.

And who knows, may go to fewer weighs than that.

It's some place to start.

Thanks for your input/wisdom/encouragement!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:35 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/167/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Stop thinking so much, Twyla.

Take a deep breath, give thanks to God for your unlimited, undeserved blessings, and embrace who you are as a gift. Learn to love and APPRECIATE who you are, as you are, every day.

And never stop reaching for the stars.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #66
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Aww...just trying to act in kind. How do you like Turbo Jam? I haven't tried it but I've seen in mentioned in several posts. I'm going to order Callanetics before my next trip to the states...you ladies are postergals for its success!

All the best!
c-
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #67

Hey, 'c'.....

Love Turbo Jam, by the way. Now that I have the moves pretty down pat, I'm really getting into it! I'm drippinig wet when it's over...and the way it works obliques, abs and lats is amazing! I wanted a JAMMIN' cardio workout that also targeted abs/obliques/back....this is it!

Monday.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I gave in and ate one piece of BD cake and about 1/2 c low-sugar icecream...otherwise, on plan eat wise. It was a great day, even sharing it with "Dad's Day."

Didn't track on ****** Sunday, but Saturday's menu:

Cals 1676

41P (163 gr)
22C (90 net gr)
29F (52 gr)

Felt good all day. Did Turbo Jam and half of Super Callanetics.

Yesterday (Sunday) did first half of Super Callanetics. All I had time for -- busy, busy day)

This morning: Super Callanetics and Turbo Jam. Mitigation for BD cake.

So far today (2:19 pm): 916 cals, 49P, 24C, 27F --- 53 net carb grams

Back to work.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:45 AM   #68
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Happy Belated Birthday, Twyla! Isn't it great to look so wonderful on your birthday? I hope that you enjoyed your day. I think that I may give turbo jam a try- I'm going to the states at the end of this month, I'm going to order that and callanetics.

All the best!
c-
Old 07-05-2006, 08:06 AM   #69

Back from vacation finally! Had a wonderful time. Can't believe I "got over" not being able to do ******! I had become addicted to that.

I basically continued to eat the same things as before I left on vacay, a lighter lunch, same dinner, to compensate for the alcohol I'd drink in the afternoons on the beach. No options!

Didn't go off plan till the last couple of days, then things pretty much fell apart. Actually ate a Blooming Onion at a steakhouse.....WTH???? But it was soooooooo good! Worth it? Once a year? YES, YES, YES!

Planning to get back into the swing of things right away. No regrets.

I've missed LCF....It's good to be back and accountable
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 07-05-2006 at 08:12 AM..
Old 07-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tashi
Stats: 224.2/190/125 5' 52 yrs. old and hypothyroid
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 4/17/14
Welcome back! It seemed so odd to go lurk on the Callanetics thread and not see your posts!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #71

Tashi, thank you I missed EVERYONE too!

OMG!

My beach pic of hubby and I went from BILLBOARD to postage stamp! Go figure! I kept resizing it in photobucket, and it would still post "billboard" size. Finally gave up and left it billboard.

Checking back to my journal, I see it's now a postage stamp!

.....Anyway.....back to the point of posting.....it's now 1:21 p.m. and I'm intrigued that I have no appetite, and this is following yesterday's CRAVINGS/APPETITE monster who held me captive! (TOM began today!) Thought sure it would take much longer to regain control with the appetite and cravings.

Hmmm. VERY interesting.

So far today:

779 cals
35% fat 30 gr
19% carbs 41 gr
46% protein 90 gr

Pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #72

Thurs 11:49 a.m.

Last night the cravings hit again...resurfaced like a friggin' freight train....I knew it was too good to be true....the absence of them!

Gave in to them a bit...but it could have been worse!

I wasn't prepare this time for TOM....he sneaked up on me...trying a bit higher fat today to stay satiated.

So far so good.

Turbo Jam this morning. Drippin' wet!

Still dreamin' of being on vacation......reality stings!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #73
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Welcome back, Twyla! Your look great in that new pic. Glad to hear that you had a lovely holiday

C-
Old 07-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
Hi Twyla!

Had to check in and see how you've been progressing. WOW...you're doing great! And how wonderful that you have such a nice vacation...and with such a 'hottie' husband...I might add! Uh huh!

Your analyzations have been amazing. You are doing everything to troubleshoot that seemingly ongoing 'hunger' issue. It does seem that you have made some headway with your macros and that is a major step toward getting to your goal weight. Keep tweaking and eventually you'll find your way.

I continue to tweak, making changes and 'upgrades' to my plan also and have just recently returned from my trip to Wisconsin. I am 1-2 lbs. from goal and my size 6 jeans are ready to be retired for some 4's...whoda thunk it? Keep up the excellent work Twyla. You're a real inspiration on this forum.

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi!"

When life happens, sometimes you NEED 'Plan C'...
Old 07-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #75

Hey, C! Thanks for the kind words/welcome.

Have you ordered Turbo Jam yet?

I'm becoming addicted to it!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #76

Donna,

Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, I've missed you! You were the wind beneath my wings when I took the BFFM plunge....it's good to hear from you again.

I can't believe how well YOU'RE doing! Size 4????

OMG.

You go on, girl!

I'm really struggling the last couple of days with TOM -- no energy, horrible cravings (which I thought were under control at one point), and just overall feeling of no control. I HATE feeling this way. Suffice to say, I'm not having a good Friday.

Days like this I completely identify with alcoholics. I totally undertand how they feel, the kind of pressure/temptation. That's what I go through practically every month with TOM. I feel so helpless.

Slept through the alarm this morning. My body felt like lead, almost a drugged kind of feeling. Not good!

I must shake out of this and regain control.

I was feeling sooooo GOOD there for a while. I want that back!

These boards and the friends here help me tremendously with inspiration and encouragement. I've said it before, but what WOULD I do without LCF?

Today is a new day.

A better day.

No options.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #77
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Hey, C! Thanks for the kind words/welcome.

Have you ordered Turbo Jam yet?

I'm becoming addicted to it!
Hello, there!

I still haven't ordered Turbo Jam but I have a bit more time to do so before my trip. I'd really like to try Fluidity- those graceful (and somewhat painful) moves make me feel like a girl, lol. Isometric moves work very well for my body- I do them anywhere, anytime.

Are you re-adjusted yet?

C-
Old 07-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #78

Hey, C. Is Fluidity anything like Callanetics? I read recently that some movie star (which one, can't remember) had made a comment that because she tended to bulk, she gave up weight lifting for the most part and did Pilates 6-7 days a week, and that's how she got to muscle tone in the pics in the article.

Well, I've heard people say that Callanetics is far more challenging that Pilates (for those who've done both -- I haven't), and if that's the case, then there's no way I'm giving up Callanetics. I will be a mainstay in my routine forevah!

Just curious how Fluidity compares with Callanetics.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #79
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Twyla, I think it's very similar and I've noticed many similar exercises with Fluidity and Callanetics.

I don't know if you've heard of Joyce Vedral but she has a book called 12 Minute Total Body Workout. You do fairly high reps of exercises, using dynamic and isometric tension with 3 lb weights. I was skeptical at first but it's tough! There's only 15-30 sec. rest between sets and 5-6 exercises per day- it will leave you sweating!

The cool thing is that I developed tighter, harder muscles without looking and feeling bulky. This is why I know Callanetics and Fluidity would be perfect for me.

I do Pilates for ab/back work. I have to really concentrate and visualize the moves otherwise I'll just sail right through them without feeling a thing
Old 07-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #80

Much

Much

Much

Better day today! Woo-hoo! Calories around 1600 ish. Fat around 32%.

40 mins of intervals on elliptical. 25 mins upper body workout.

Went to the pool today with DS #3.

Grilled chicken for dinner.

Discovered the new Minute Maid Mango Citrus flavored low cal/carb soft drinks! How I love ANYTHING mango...very good. I actually like it better watered down. So when I drank half of the bottle, I added ice water to it and drank the rest. Very good and refreshing.

C, you may have told me before, but have you actually begun Callanetics yet? I have yet to find an ab workout that beats the ab workout on the Super Callanetics video. I do that 3 x a week, plus 50 sideways crunches (per side) for the obliques, 3 x a week. You can never overwork the abs IMO.

Problem I have with following a book, magazine, etc., is that I do better when I can see the moves in motion (learning disability???? You bet! ) instead of trying to read each description of A, B, C etc. Does that make sense? I love reading Shape and Fitness Magazine workout tips, but I struggle with figuring them out when it's just a picture or two and the written description.

Where did you find the book, 12 Min Total Body Workout? I like the 12-Min part.....you could squeeze that in anytime!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #81
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hey there!

I was never into book workouts myself- it took a bit of getting used to. I tear the workouts from the mags each month, place them in binders and...well, look at them every now and then :blush:

I haven't done any of the callanetics videos but I've seen some of the exercises. I am going to order before this next trip -much easier to carry back than fluidity

C-
Old 07-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #82

Monday.

Back on track steady and strong....woo-hoo.

Yesterday was a good workout day. Got in 25 mins of interval elliptical and 25 mins of upper body workout in the early afternoon. Another 25 minutes of jogging about 9:30 last night.

Eats yesterday:

1475 calories

44%F (68 gr)
25%C (88 net gr)
31%P (109 gr)

Will NOT weigh till the spirit moves me.

Busy day in court today.....gotta run.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #83

Been incredibly busy this week, no time to post.

Trying to keep up with ******....it's more beneficial to me in terms of looking back at entries weeks or months down the road, so that when I do well, I can "remember/know" why I did well, or not. It can be time consuming, but sooooo worth it.

Having trouble getting into ****** today...I'll write my menus longhand and redo them on F/D tonight.

This morning during my Super Callan workout, I noticed I had THAT FEELING back again....

LEAN MACHINE feeling.

Yes.

Oh, yessssssssssssssssssssss!

Doing a bit of carb cycling this week. Feels good. Feels right.

[IMG][/IMG]

Reflections of summertime at Marco.....
Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #84
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: abercrombie3f
Stats: 192, currently 150ish
WOE: moderate/healthy carbs
Start Date: September 2005
Hey Twyla--just wanted to check in and say hey Just wondering what your carbs are up to and how everything is going??
Old 07-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #85

Hey, Aber! So sweet of you to check in on me! I've been keepin' an eye on your posts, both challenges. Wish I were where you are, having to up calories/carbs to GAIN weight.

Lucky thang you!

I had gotten up to around 80-95 carbs tops, and to be honest was just plain afraid to go higher....still in low carb, carbs-are-dangerous mentality, you know? I realize that you have to lower fat to up them, and that has me stumped a bit too.

When I first began the BFFM approach, going below 40% fat ratios left me hungry/craving. I decided to lower fat gradually. I've gotten down to as low as about 31% fat at times, so that's another reason I've kept carbs at no more than 80-90.

Still confuses me at times.

I like the idea of carb cycling to "mix it up" for guesswork. So I'm doing a higher fat for a few days, then going back to lower fat higher carbs for abour 4 days.

I enjoy reading your posts and progress! Keep up the EXCELLENT work and inspiration!
Old 07-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #86
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: abercrombie3f
Stats: 192, currently 150ish
WOE: moderate/healthy carbs
Start Date: September 2005
Twyla--no worries, you have made GREAT progress Continue to keep up the hard work and soon you will be where you want to me. Without the help of Miss Jackie Brown, I think I would still be at 25 carbs and around 1000 calories...lol. I realized (I'm sure you will too) that my body is able to handle more carbs...it is VERY scary. Good luck and keep me posted on your progress...I'll check up on you again
Old 07-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #87

Okay.

Menu today:

1590 calories

38%F (65 gr)
22%C (84 net gr)
41%P (158 gr)

Not too bad. Feel pretty good today. Hunger in control most of the day. Work schedule's time restraints prevented eating regularly, so I had to overeat a bit at times to keep from getting hungry later when I knew I would not be able to eat.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #88

Thursday.

Workout at 5:30 a.m., following my much anticipated pre w/o meal of steel-cut oats, PP, and a bit of cottage cheese, with coffee.

35 minutes of intense intervals on elliptical; 20 minutes of upper body weights.

Eats today:

1787 calories

36% fat .... 70 gr
22% carbs .... 98 net gr
41% protein .... 180 gr

I know I shouldn't have complex carbs after 3:00 p.m., but I forgot and had them anyway....I decided to eat 1/4 c steel-cut oats mixed with 1/4 c cottage cheese and 2 T Protein Powder with Davinci's and decaf. Hit the spot. I also had 1 cup of cottage cheese, 3 oz of peach Carb Master yogurt stirred in, 1 T chopped walnuts, Almond Davinci's, and 1 T flax seed, with decaf, and 1/3 c spinach on the side.

Is that a strange dinner or WHAT????

Tasted great to me!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #89

Gallery: AllieCat0817
Stats: 213.5/142/137
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: 5/23/03
Twyla I love that pic of you on the beach. Beautiful!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #90

Thank you, Allie!
Closed Thread