Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Pam, thanks SO MUCH for sharing this with me!

Go, Pam! I know EXACTLY what you're feeling...been there, girl! Nothing like it. I'm tellin' ya!

Don't worry about the increase on the scales after refeeds. It may be, that like me, once your body adapts to the carbs/refeeds, they'll be used up more efficiently and you may gain little if any on refeed days. There were a few times that I weighed on the morning after refeeds -- major carbs and cals, btw -- and no weight gain at all, followed by increased "lean." How cool is THAT?

Lean is where it's at. That's what you're after. Numbers on a scale are so meaningless.

This strategy, if done correctly, and with hard work on energy expenditure/workouts, can bring about amazing changes in our bodies. Stick with it. Be patient. Don't get hung up on the scales. That should be your source of least validation right now, K?

Do keep me posted. It makes me happy and fires me up just to hear of your success!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #812
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
well then, let's keep that "happy fired up feeling" going strong because...

THE WHOOSH FAIRY VISITED ME LAST NIGHT !!!!!

MY WISH YESTERDAY CAME TRUE

(I'M IN SHOCK)

I WEIGHED 3 TIMES THIS AM

AND EACH TIME SAID

159 LBS !!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #813

[COLOR="Teal"]

I VISITED YOU........!

THIS IS ONE GREAT DAY!
[/COLOR]
Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fitmama
Stats: 147/139/130
WOE: Wendy Chant
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamF View Post
Twyla:

Just wanted to update you on my TKD/CKD experience so far. First of all, let me tell you how amazed I am about how I feel. I have more energy not only during workouts, but also throughout the day. I was up 4 pounds right after my refeed (which was on Saturday), but today (Thursday), I am down 5 pounds. My energy level at my Monday and Wednesday spinning class was through the roof, and I sweated more than I ever have. And, probably even better than the energy levels, is the fact that I am hardly ever hungry. I used to be constantly hungry all the time, grazing in between meals, and never full after meals. This week, I eat at mealtimes, but I don't get hungry in between, and I AM LOVING IT.

I am planning a refeed again this Saturday, so I hope this one week wasn't a fluke, and the positives will continue each week. The only thing I am worried about is if I put on 4 pounds after each refeed, and then just take it back off during the week without losing any more, then I am just spinning my wheels. Time will tell, I guess.

I do not have my own journal. I usually just lurk around low carb friends, hardly ever posting. However, I have been so excited about this refeed stuff that I wanted to share it with you.

I'll keep ya posted.

Pam
What is the TKD/CKD experience? How do you do this?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #815
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fitmama
Stats: 147/139/130
WOE: Wendy Chant
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Mari,

I began with 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours, but you can either start with that one, or with Callanetics Evolution, as they're very similar, and a lot of people really like the newer Callanetics Evolution, more up to date. (I've done both, and they're both very effective starters.)

Callanetics is deceptively challenging, but it's worth the effort. This type of training will give you increased strength with incredible flexibility and improved posture. So many things I've read lately suggest that it's a good idea to include flexibility training (yoga or Pilates) along with your strength training, and Callanetics will DO THE JOB. In fact, of the people I know who have done both Pilates and Callanetics, they say that Callanetics is more challenging than Pilates. It's one of those workouts that challenges you to fatigue, yet relaxes you when you're finished, all at the same time.

You can order from Amazon. If you decide to start Callanetics, I would do it at least 3 x a week for best results. It takes about 50-60 mins to get through those that I've recommended to you.

Let me know if you have other Q's in this regard.
Thank you...I actually saw it on the Target websit for less $$$. I am going to buy it at the store and begin next week.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #816

Mari,

TKD/CKD acronyms for

Targeted Ketogenic Diet

or

Cyclical Ketogenic Diet.

Here's the link that tells how it's done.

Fat loss with ketogenic: cyclical & targeted ketogenic w/weight training
Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #817

[COLOR="Sienna"]THUR AUG 14

Finished out the day as intended, planning on higher cals. I should have paid stricter attention to fat perhaps, since my carbs were over 100, but it's not too over the top.

It was very tempting resisting the garlic/cheese biscuits that I made for dinner for the boys tonight. They love them, and they are soooo delish. It's torture being near them and not getting to eat one. My middle son wanted my homemade potato soup with garlic/cheese biscuits. I prepared their meal, and I ate a spinach salad topped with ground turkey/peppers/onions and salsa.

I got in an hour nap after cooking dinner tonight. I needed the nap, but I'm always groggy when I first wake from a nap (unless it's a power nap), and when I woke, it was now-or-never time to run, getting late. So as a result, I didn't have the stamina for my run tonight until my second interval kicked in. But I ran more minutes tonight, so it worked out I guess. Didn't eat any pre-run carb snack before the run either, so that may have been a factor.

Compliments today validated my success of late. It's always nice when people notice. Fuels more motivation.

TODAY'S TOTALS:

CALS 2043

PROT.....197 GR.....39%
CABRS...113 GR.....19%
FIBER......33 GR
FAT.........90 GR......40%
ALCOHOL 10 GR.......3%

WORKOUTS:

20 mins Ab Jam
5 mins weighted glute bridges
25 mins HHA Fat Blasting Cardio w/ weights

200 crunches
35 mins cardio (C25K running intervals)

[/COLOR]
Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 AM   #818

A.Word.A.Day
with Anu Garg

fugacious
PRONUNCIATION:
(fyoo-GAY-shuhs)

MEANING:
Lasting a very short time.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin fugere (to flee) which also gave us other words such as fugitive, centrifugal, refuge, and subterfuge.

Used in context:

"The window each month for seeing a drop in her scale weight is indeed fugacious."

(sigh)
Old 08-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #819
HB = Healthy & Balanced

[COLOR="Purple"] GREAT JOB!!!!! [/COLOR]

Quote:

It was very tempting resisting the garlic/cheese biscuits that I made for dinner for the boys tonight. They love them, and they are soooo delish. It's torture being near them and not getting to eat one. My middle son wanted my homemade potato soup with garlic/cheese biscuits. I prepared their meal, and I ate a spinach salad topped with ground turkey/peppers/onions and salsa.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #820

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
You are too much skinny gal!

Quote:
A.Word.A.Day
with Anu Garg

fugacious
PRONUNCIATION:
(fyoo-GAY-shuhs)

MEANING:
Lasting a very short time.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin fugere (to flee) which also gave us other words such as fugitive, centrifugal, refuge, and subterfuge.

Used in context:

"The window each month for seeing a drop in her scale weight is indeed fugacious."

(sigh)
Old 08-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #821
HB = Healthy & Balanced

[COLOR="Blue"]
HAPPY MONDAY !!!!! [COLOR="Purple"]HERE'S TO A GRRREAT WEEK !!!!![/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #822

[COLOR="Sienna"]UPDATING WORKOUTS FOR THE WEEKEND BEFORE I FORGET:

FRIDAY

1 Hour Super Callanetics a.m.
3 sets backward lunges
25 mins cardio elliptical p.m.

SATURDAY a.m.

20 mins LB weights
30 mins UB weights
10 mins abs
20 mins HIIT elliptical

SATURDAY p.m.

42 mins cardio (C25K intervals)

SUNDAY

200 crunches

Terrible mood. No cave to hide in. Kept the mute button pushed all day.

Hoping for a better week.

Lisa & HB.
[/COLOR]
Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #823
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
I hope you feel better as the day goes on Twyla. I've been in a mood myself (perimenopause or maybe I'm actually menopausal! blech) and I was cranky to my sweet DBF last night. I felt like a real turd. :blush:

You are always so upbeat you can be cranky on occasion yes? Hang in there girl. I'm always pulling for you.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #824
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Love ya, T

even when you're a grumpy-saurus

Old 08-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #825
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Thought for the Day

Quote:

[COLOR="Magenta"]Don't look far into the future, and don't look behind.

We can't do a thing about either one.

But we can make the best of today.

One day, one step at a time.
[/COLOR]Amen, sister!

Last edited by hummingbird11; 08-19-2008 at 01:44 AM..
Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/151.6/147--5'9"
WOE: Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse/Thrive
Start Date: May 2013
Twyla, I was googling Callanetics and your thread popped up first. Now I've been reading all this information you've posted, and I'm really glad to learn about ******! I have done weight training on and off forever-used to teach aerobics, too-and I always knew I was short on protein. Well, sheesh! 16% protein?!? I've been tracking thru Weight Watchers for years and one problem I have with them is you can eat only donuts if you stay in your points level. I've been reading Oxygen magazine lately and I'm motivated to change my WOE. I'm currently at 23% bodyfat.

So thanks a million and here's a question: aren't you running a huge calorie deficit according to ******? I was reading in Oxygen, according to a nutritionist, gymnasts who ran a 500 calorie deficit lost less weight than gymnasts who ran a 300 calorie deficit. (That's the other thing about ******, I was running 900+ calorie deficits!! Hmm, and not losing fat. Starvation effect.)

Here's another question: are you measuring your bodyfat loss? I didn't read your whole journal, but it seems like since you started the keratogenic WOE or whatever I'm trying to say, you've quickly lost several sizes. Is this WOE giving you far better results than others?

I wanted to share this with you and the other reader who were suffering with PMS: my mom told me that, in the old days, Native American women would go to a Moon Lodge (a separate house) during their periods. They cycled together, as women do when they're living together. So they all took a break together during that time. I took that to heart and moved into a house where I could have my *own* room-decorated all girly-and during that time, I moved in there. It was incredible how helpful this was to me. I still do this with my husband, have my privacy. Although with 3 kids, it's limited privacy!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #827

Linco, glad you stopped in to my journal. Nice to meet you.

As for the deficit Q, I wish I could answer that honestly. When you factor in all of my workouts/activities, the logical answer would be yes. I have thought the same thing for a couple of weeks, and I'm somewhat stalled with progress right now. And I have to wonder if it is a calorie deficit thing, body just adjusting to more carbs, pushing myself too hard, or all of the above.

It hit me over the weekend, all of it, and I just decided it was best to UNPLUG for a while until I could mentally regroup and reflect on how I should proceed. If nothing else, the "time away" has served to galvanize my perspective and focus. Still reflecting...!

As for the ketogenic thing, yes, it helped me tremendously in terms of increasing lean body mass. The scale does not show the true success that I experienced during those weeks, as much as the body fat calipers and the way my clothes were fitting better. I was planning on measuring my BF again this past Saturday morning, and it totally slipped my mind. Saturday mornings are the only time I can work it out, and I totally forgot. It didn't dawn on me until I had already carbed up for the morning and had put in about an hour of weights, and that is NOT when you want to measure. Last time I measured was about 3 weeks ago or so. I've continued to lose body fat over the course of the past several weeks, and that's kept me going.

I think increasing my calories to maintenance level before beginning TKD helped my metabolism tremendously, and I'm trying to decide if that may be in order again. Not sure. I have increased my workouts substantially in the last 4-6 weeks, and I need to either cut back on workouts or increase or modify my nutritional needs. Just needed to push away from it all this weekend and not think about it.

As for PMS, interesting observation. That time of the month is such a sabotage for me. So defeating/annoying!

I encourage you to keep ****** as regularly as you can. It can be one of the most useful tools in trying to pinpoint the changes necessary to achieve our fitness goals.

DaisyGG, I know we all get the grumpies occasionally, so true! I'm the type that when I do, I want to be left the heck alone! Solitude. Unplug. Introspection. All of the above.

HB, one day at a time. Check.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #828
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Hi, Twyla

Reading your journal from the beginning and very curious about "carb rotation". I'm wondering if this could work for me.

KUTGW!

Lora
Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #829

Lora,

What plan have you been doing lately?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #830
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the answer, Twyla! You are really helping us with your thoroughness and your dedication to detailing everything you're doing.

Another nutritionist in Oxygen said the #1 thing her clients were doing wrong is eating too little.

Thanks again and bless you for all your efforts in educating others.

Laurie
Old 08-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinCO View Post
Thanks for the answer, Twyla! You are really helping us with your thoroughness and your dedication to detailing everything you're doing.

Another nutritionist in Oxygen said the #1 thing her clients were doing wrong is eating too little.
Thanks again and bless you for all your efforts in educating others.

Laurie
Laurie!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Big eye opener for me. Maybe I should be thanking YOU!

(By the way, don't you just LOVE Oxygen Magazine! Great read.)

Old 08-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #832
Senior LCF Member

Hee hee-"No, no, thank you!" "No, thank YOU!"

Yes, I do really like Oxygen. I've been doing the circuits in one of their issues, on the weekends when I'm not so sore from Pilates. However, I have a large frame and I DO get too big when I lift a lot. So a lot of what Oxygen is talking about, I'm not doing. I'm loving Pilates and it reminded me of the hard work in Callanetics.

One thing I am LOVING about Pilates is my quads are firm but not knobby like they'd be if I was weight training.

Y'know, I bought Tosca Reno's books (Eat Clean) and she is not against whole grains. The WOE you've been writing about is like getting ready for a competition. Not that there's anything wrong with that! You've been getting great results. When I lifted a lot, for years I wouldn't step on the scale, I'd just measure my butt. Hmm, I am trying to think and talk to a 5 year old.

:-)
Old 08-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #833
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Tough Love / Reality Check / Paradigm Shift

Quote:
I'm somewhat stalled with progress right now. And I have to wonder if it is a calorie deficit thing, body just adjusting to more carbs, pushing myself too hard, or all of the above.

It hit me over the weekend, all of it, and I just decided it was best to UNPLUG for a while until I could mentally regroup and reflect on how I should proceed. If nothing else, the "time away" has served to galvanize my perspective and focus. Still reflecting...!

Stalled with progress? How to proceed?

What is your Goal? Aren't you already there?

Your stats say:
166 (12+) /Size 6/Fit & LEANER...140-145 (5'7)

Well, you're now a size 4-6; you're definitely LEANER; and I'd bet you weigh btwn 140-145.

Are you "pushing yourself too hard" because you think you might be dissatisfied with "maintenance mode"?

Does there really need to be a "next step". Any reason why you can't stay the successful course you're on?

As for PMS, maybe a healthy attitude adjustment is in order?

Instead of: "that time of the month is such a sabotage for me; so defeating/annoying!"

How about: "it's natural for me to feel moody/hungry at that time of the month so I'm NOT going to beat myself up over it!"

"I'm a woman; I was born with raging hormones; I have lovely children due to my magnificent yet emotionally complicated genetic make-up; and with my intense exercise regimen, a PMS binge is not the end of the world. Far from it. Thank gawd I'm not a woman living in Iraq or Soviet Georgia or Somalia or Darfur or anywhere else on the planet except the majorly screwed-up and corrupt good 'ol US of A where I'm free to be the woman I want to be!"

Just a little perspective and some food for thought as you continue to reflect on WHAT YOU REALLY WANT ...
I don't know about you, but as I age, I find true inner peace comes from accepting things I cannot change.

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

XO,
HB

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches

Last edited by hummingbird11; 08-19-2008 at 02:05 PM..
Old 08-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #834

HB, I appreciate your pep talk and words of wisdom. It's all so relevant and important to keep in perspective.

As for the PMS thing, my bad mood this past weekend was not PMS related. That's been over. I'm just dealing with some other STUFF that has me stressed right now.

Add to that, my frustration with not being able to get back to my goal "weight" range. No, I'm NOT within the 140-145 range. How I'd love to be. I haven't weighed (on purpose) for about two weeks. Made the mistake of getting on the scale Friday morning, and I was up when I should have been either the same (from when I weighed two weeks ago) or less-----and this time I couldn't blame it on TOM either. This was interpreted in my BRAIN as stalled progress. I know w/o a doubt it was water fluks and crap like that, but it's so aggravating, nonetheless, esp when I bust my butt as hard as I do day in and day out.

That is why I REPOSTED the scale post that Ileen had posted back in 2005 -- which I'd kept tucked away for times like these. It's why I hate the scales so much.

I'm getting there, but the wheel is rusty....moving so very slowly. I realize I'm close to goal and lower in BF -- and that is a GREAT thing For that, I'm inspired and it motivates me to work for it, to keep movin'.

So I just need to either unplug from the stress of it all, forget the scales, keep measuring, keep tracking and working out, doing all the stuff I've been doing with 100% diligence, and eventually I'll KNOW w/o even stepping on the monster that I'm there.

The worst part about all of this is that I was content and pumped and and jazzed to keep on keepin on with life and my fitness goals.....life was good.....then I got on the scales. And then I just got pissed. And it was MEANINGLESS.

You are a wonderful counselor, HB. I appreciate you.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #835

[COLOR="Sienna"]CATCHING UP:

MON AUG 18

TOTALS

CALS 2165

PROT....197 GR.....37%
CARBS....47 GR......7%
FIBER.....12 GR.....
FAT.......137 GR.....56%

WORKOUTS:

1 Hour Super Callanetics

TUES AUG 19

TOTALS

CALS 1563

PROT........167 GR......43%
CARBS.......91 GR......20%
FIBER........27 GR.....
FAT...........67 GR........38%

WORKOUTS:

43 mins Turbo Jam (cardio party) w/gloves
Power90 AbRipper 200

(after work)
35 mins UB weights (triceps, delts, some chest)
5 sets 20 pushups
C25K (35-40 mins cardio, running intervals at 8:00 p.m.tonight)
[/COLOR]
Old 08-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lildragonfly
I had a wise woman post this to me so Im resharing to you for motivation!

"I just heard a great story about an egg.

If you look at a fertile egg and watch it over time you will not see anything happen. This goes on day in and day out. You expect to see something, anything, but nothing changes. Then one day the egg begins to shake and a chick pops out. While the egg sat idle things were changing under the surface.

We all spend too much time looking at the outside of the egg when we should stop and think about what is going on inside.

We all get frustrated with lack of progress, slow strength gains, injuries, and the 100 other things that never come as fast as we like.

Many times busting out of these slumps does not take external changes (special exercises, new diet parameters, supplements, programs, money) but how you are internally programmed.

What internal beliefs do you need to change?"

BTW that wise woman is YOU!You are an inspiration lady!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #837

Thanks for that recycled wisdom, Marsha.:blush:

Paying it forward is double the blessing, isn't it?

I've missed you. Hope you're well.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #838

[COLOR="Sienna"]WED AUG 20

This week has brought on much introspection and reflection.

At this stage in my journey, my goals are different, yet the same. But because they're somewhat different, I'm trying to decide the best course of action.

I will try a few different approaches and wait it out.

Gonna cut back on the carbs somewhat. The TKD refeed approach was easy for me to handle the large amount of carbs due to the science of how it works....deplete, then increase of leptin, then spill/surge, then resume low carbs afterward. The good carbs, even in huge amounts -- albeit low fat -- did not adversely affect me at all. They just super-charged me for a good workout, and they kickstarted my fat burning mode.

"High carbs" on a frequent and rotating basis don't appear to be working as well.

I am considering going back to low/moderate carbs for most of the week, with two days of mod/high carbs, fashioned in a cycle. I don't want to go under 40 NET carbs for my low, and I don't want to go over 100 NET carbs for my higher days.

Controlling my calories has to factor into this as well. I am going to shoot for 75-90 grams of fat per day on average to find balance/satiety to control my appetite; on higher carb days, it may be a little less. I want to try to keep fiber at no less than 25 gr per day.

Calorie ranges between 1450-1850, with one day a week at maintenance level if needed.

I'm undecided what to do about my workout schedule right now. I'll just play it by ear and see how it goes with my revised nutritional plan.

Adequate rest, adequate water, and no less than four days of cardio, with two of those being HIIT are all part of the plan as well, as I CLEARLY -- and historically -- have controlled my weight better with more cardio. I'm one of those. No escaping it.

2-3 days of UB weights (25-30 mins).

Callanetics 3 x a week, with one day of LB light weights (20 mins).

I've really enjoyed the running, so I hope I can continue that (carb timing is crucial).

I will measure BF every 3 weeks on Saturday mornings. I will weigh once a month. I have two pairs of pants that are snug on me, and I will try them on periodically for indications of success.

I would like to weigh five pounds lighter six weeks from now, so by October 1st. That's less than one pound per week, but it is not unrealistic, even being close to goal. I have to shoot for it, at least.

That's the plan. Gonna go from here. Plan B is waiting backstage.

TOTALS:

CALS 1631
PROT.......145 GR.....35%
CARBS......75 GR.....16%
FIBER.......25 GR
FAT..........88 GR......48%

WORKOUTS:

1 hour Super Callanetics
20 mins HIIT (elliptical)
[/COLOR]

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 08-20-2008 at 03:45 PM..
Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #839
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Quote:
I appreciate you.
right back atcha T!

Sorry about the stressful STUFF; I can totally relate.

And I hear ya on the scale stuff, I really do. We ALL get too wrapped up in the meaningless numbers. I think the important thing is to remember how far you've come, and to be thrilled with your progress thus far instead of frustrated with lack of perceived progress or stalled progress.

I mean, if I looked as great as you in that beach photo from a couple of months ago, honestly, I wouldn't give a freaking flip what the stupid scale says!

Oh that stinks!
Quote:
The worst part about all of this is that I was content and pumped and and jazzed to keep on keepin on with life and my fitness goals.....life was good.....then I got on the scales. And then I just got pissed. And it was MEANINGLESS.
Yep! Toss Your Scale!
Quote:
Forget the scales, keep measuring, keep tracking and working out, doing all the stuff I've been doing with 100% diligence, and eventually I'll KNOW w/o even stepping on the monster that I'm there.
OMG I AM SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW I JUST WANNA EAT EAT EAT !!!!!
GONNA GO DRINK SOME WATER AND GO WORK-OUT INSTEAD THO ...

ciao for now
Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #840

[COLOR="Sienna"]THURS AUG 21

Today has been the mod/high carb day. My new target for mod/high days that I'm trying on for size is to keep carbs at no more than 100 net, and I nailed it today. BULLSEYE.

I am back on track mentally. I know what to do, and I will keep my eye on the ball this time. The mirror is my friend today.

I just had a very satisfying dinner. Odd, but satisfying. I wanted a few carbs to help with my run for later tonight. I had 1 T of nat PB on a rice cake with a couple slices of tomatoes from the garden....so delish...and 1/2 c of f/f cottage cheese, made into a Blizzard (1 T Cake Batter Muscle Milk, 1.5 oz chopped banana, .30 oz chopped roasted almonds) all with a cup of decaf tea. I will have tea later tonight if I get hungry with 1 Tbs of PP stirred in. If not, I may just tough it out with Crystal Light. I'll wait and see how I feel.

I feel very satisfied. Energy feels good. By the time I run, I should be ready to go. Hope to increase my intervals tonight. Gonna go for the HS track again -- easier on my knees.

Yesterday (and into today) began feeling good muscle soreness from the UB workout on Tues, primarily triceps....which is where I had hoped to feel it. Bring it on.

TOTALS:

CALS 1715

PROT.......163 GR....38%
CARBS.....134 GR....28%
FIBER........34 GR
FAT...........68 GR....36%

WORKOUTS:

a.m.

32 mins of Turbo Jam Cardio Party w/gloves
20 mins Ab Jam
3 1-min planks, 30 sec rests

p.m.