Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lildragonfly
So glad you are back!!You were missed!!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #663
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
HOORAY, T is back !! Woot Woot !!
Hope your re-entry into "reality" isn't too painful...

I returned on 6/15 w/ a nice virus that kept me pretty sick for a week.
AND eating "carby": LOTS of Ezekiel bread cinnamon toast + hot tea w/ honey.
FINALLY started feeling "human" again this weekend...

Here's to GETTING BACK ON TRACK w/ FOCUSED DAMAGE CONTROL MEASURES !!!!!
(for me, back to LC yesterday)

BUT remember: brief "diet breaks" can be good for your metabolism. Btinc advised me to "shake it up" while I was "away": Alternate eating low/high calories on different days + eating at different times of day + Alternate days of high fat/low carb + low fat/high carb. I ate pretty LC (most days) but there were a LOT of "adult beverages"! And of course I did NOT track ANY of this! No time/No energy. In fact, I'm not gonna start tracking my “macros” again till July 1st. No time/No energy. (end of fiscal year at work…ugh)

Anyway, I think the “shake it up” approach is what helped me to basically eat/drink whatever/whenever I wanted, yet not gain any "real" weight over the 10 days while I was "away" (not even going to refer to it as "vacation" as we worked our ARSES off!) We're going back in November (over Thanksgiving w/ my MOM) to RELAX & ENJOY the fruits of our labor during this trip!

I came back on 6/15 at 171 lbs ~ but it was ALL lymph fluid - all 6 lbs!
Within a week, I'm back down to my profile weight of 165 lbs!
And determined to see 159 SOON !!!!!

XO,
HB

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches

Last edited by hummingbird11; 06-24-2008 at 10:43 AM..
Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #664
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
HB,

Such a nice welcome. Glad to know you've bounced back from your "vacay" indulgences. Yes, you're right, the break in our diligence can be good for us, even though it's scary to see those numbers at first.

Hope when you return to the island in November you'll get a more relaxing stay than this past visit.

I am down six pounds from Monday morning -- ALREADY. Proof that it's not real fat weight, mainly water. More to go for me. I'm confident it will come off rather easily. I'm nowhere near "finished" with "Project Me," and this delay is in my way.

Lots of bad, sad and disappointing news yesterday, and it put me in shut-down mode for most of the day. Life has a way of shoving things into perspective for us. We take far too much for granted. I cannot fathom how people who do not believe in God get through the tough times. His grace is sufficient for all things. He pulls me through.

Yesterday's totals:

1641 cals

PROT............147 GR.........36%
CARBS...........64 GR......... 14%
FIBER............26 GR
FAT................98 GR..........53%

43 mins Turbo Jam Cardio Party
Power90 AbRipper 200
Late evening power walk, 30 mins (cathartic more than anything)

I wonder how my body would tolerate/respond if I ate nothing but fat-free cottage cheese, berries, flax and/or Fiber One, and Protein Whey powder all day. I've had it this morning both before and after workouts, and it's ULTIMATELY satisfying to me.

Love blackberries. So hit the spot.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]My prayer for today is for peace and wisdom
and strength and understanding.
For those in my life who are hurting,
I pray for enduring faith, comfort
and strength to carry on.[/COLOR]
Old 06-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #665
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Life has a way of shoving things into perspective for us. We take far too much for granted.
You speak the truth, my friend. That is why I always say that Cancer was a "gift" for me. A gift of persepctive. Of what IS important; and what is NOT. My life will ever be the same. And that's OK. In fact, it's damn good!

I'm so sorry re: the bad, sad and disappointing news.

Seems the Universe is always trying to temper our joy. Why? There's a lesson somewhere, but often it is so hard to see. Sometimes we just can't see. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

It's really good to have you back, T. I missed you. You are such an inspiration to me!

Let me know how the little food experiment goes. Blackberries are my FAV berry too! Ahhhh, the berries of summer are here! And I have them ALL growing in my backyard along w/ summer apricots too! PM your mailing address and I'll send ya some apricot jam. I have 3 kinds: full sugar & low sugar (both made w/ organic unrefined sugar) and one batch made w/ whey low. Your choice!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:13 AM   #666

Yes, HB, actually the "universe" you're referring to is Satan in his varying masquerades. He can steal the joy --TEMPORARILY -- but not the faith. That's my final answer and I'm sticking to it. You have learned how to have the upper hand. I applaud your courage, your attitude, your will. You're amazing.

[COLOR="Sienna"]With a lot of prayer and reflection, God brought me through yesterday with renewed trust and peace. It's said that when you're feeling blue, do something for someone and it will cheer you up. I "ministered" to friends yesterday in varying ways, and it's so true...it defeats our sadness like nothing else.

I was down another three pounds this morning! Goodness sakes.....that's a LOT OF WATER WEIGHT! Nine pounds since Monday???? But I'm so not complaining!

Yesterday's totals:

1834 CALS

PROT.........137 GR................23%
CARBS.......105 GR................22%
FIBER..........21 GR
FAT............108 GR................52%

WORKOUTS:

1 Hour Super Callanetics
20 mins JM Shred
18 mins elliptical (p.m.)

I claim victory on this day for all challenges before me.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-26-2008, 05:32 AM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lildragonfly
Old 06-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #668
HB = Healthy & Balanced

thank you, T. for your PM too. :blush: it made my eyes water & left me speechless (which is pretty rare, ya know!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_dream.jpg (4.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #669

Marsha, love your subtle hints of inspiration that you share with me...

HB, it was most sincere.

[COLOR="Sienna"]THUR JUN 26

I love being in control again, having lost if for three straight days was pure agony. I hated feeling that way, with all the poison junk in my body, esp compared to how I feel now. Energy. Positive. Light. Flexible. Strong. Clear-headed and alert.

Eating clean, staying fit. That's where it's at.

TOTALS TODAY

1534 CALS

PROT........152 GR..........40
CARBS.......66 GR..........15
FIBER........20
FAT............80 GR..........46

35 mins of hips/legs training (CallanEvo)
15 mins elliptical
3 sets 30 pushups
30 min power walk in p.m.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #670

[COLOR="Sienna"]Fri Jun 27

Down another pound this morning.

Little hungrier this afternoon. Learning to eat just enuf fuel, balanced, to "fill the tank."

Had a protein snack with .30 oz walnuts w/coffee after work because I was hungry. Did it for me. It's 5:30, and I'm not hungry. Dinner will be around 7:00. I'll keep it at around 350-400 cals, mostly protein, balanced with fat, green veggies.

It's Friday. Red wine is on the menu. No guilt. I can handle it in moderation.

Good workouts today....30 mins Cardio Party Turbo Jam, 20 mins JM Shred, 1 hour Super Callanetics, 4 sets of 15 inclined dumbbell French press.

Eat totals later.

[/COLOR]

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 06-27-2008 at 02:49 PM..
Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #671

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Hi Twyla,

Welcome Back

I enjoyed reading your journal. Very inspiring !

I wanted to ask you how long have you been following the Keto diet? And, how much weight/inches have you lost to date?

Please share.

Thanks,
Meek
Old 06-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #672
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: amiga74
Stats: 167(1997)/147/
WOE: moderation/good stuff
Hi Twyla!

thanks for the sweet comments about my avatar! you are so kind; i appreciate it!

Meredith
Old 06-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #673

Hey, Meek. Thanks for those compliments...I will have to get back to you tomorrow on the total weight/inches lost since beginning TKD, which, by the way, I began on March 24th. I've lost body fat and inches, a few pounds. I am a notoriously slow loser, esp now that I'm very close to goal, but I'm making progress in other meaningful ways than obsession with scale progress. I'll get back to you tomorrow on that.

Meredith....I LOVE YOUR NAME. If I'd had a baby girl, that was one of my choices...I may have told you that already.

Okay. Today's totals:

1938 cals

PROT.........184 GR.......39
CARBS........80 GR........14
FIBER.........22
FAT............94 GR.........43
ALCOHOL....14 GR..........5

Added workouts: 10 mins of of bent over lateral arm raises and bicep work (alternating), no resting.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 06-27-2008 at 07:39 PM..
Old 06-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #674

Morning Twyla,

OK, thanks for the feedback

Have a Great Day!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #675

[COLOR="Sienna"]My weight loss from vacay has stablized. So it's gonna get a little tougher now, as I'm back to dealing with the "real fat burning and weight loss."

Meek, I checked ******, and I'm down 8-9 lbs since beginning March 24th. My inches are recorded on a journal in my bathroom, so can't say what that is off the top of my head. Haven't checked body fat for a while, should have checked it before vacay, but I've misplaced my calipers. That's on my to-do list today: Find them. But the last time I checked, b/f down to 20.7.

My plan is to lose about 7-8 more pounds of body fat, maintain my muscle, and concentate on my thighs, which have always been my troublesome area. In my past, I always had most success with that when concentrating more on Callanetics and keeping to lower weights when LB weight training. I've noticed my thighs seem bigger in the last month or so, and I hate that. So I've begun focusing more on Callanetics "core concepts" for a while to see if it will give me more of the lean I'm after.

This has always been my struggle: I LOVE TO LIFT WEIGHTS, I know it's good for us, I know why it's good for us, all the benefits, etc., but I don't always have the kinds of results that most people get when it comes to lower body. No escaping that annoying reality.

Nuf of that!

Today should be a good day. Gonna concentrate on lower carbs today, 30ish or so, and keep cals between 1500-1600 hopefully.

Feeling the beloved DOMS on my upper body today, mostly triceps. Off to do some cardio on the elliptical.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-28-2008, 06:50 AM   #676

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
[COLOR="Sienna"]My weight loss from vacay has stablized. So it's gonna get a little tougher now, as I'm back to dealing with the "real fat burning and weight loss."

Meek, I checked ******, and I'm down 8-9 lbs since beginning March 24th. My inches are recorded on a journal in my bathroom, so can't say what that is off the top of my head. Haven't checked body fat for a while, should have checked it before vacay, but I've misplaced my calipers. That's on my to-do list today: Find them. But the last time I checked, b/f down to 20.7.

My plan is to lose about 7-8 more pounds of body fat, maintain my muscle, and concentate on my thighs, which have always been my troublesome area. In my past, I always had most success with that when concentrating more on Callanetics and keeping to lower weights when LB weight training. I've noticed my thighs seem bigger in the last month or so, and I hate that. So I've begun focusing more on Callanetics "core concepts" for a while to see if it will give me more of the lean I'm after.

This has always been my struggle: I LOVE TO LIFT WEIGHTS, I know it's good for us, I know why it's good for us, all the benefits, etc., but I don't always have the kinds of results that most people get when it comes to lower body. No escaping that annoying reality.

Nuf of that!

Today should be a good day. Gonna concentrate on lower carbs today, 30ish or so, and keep cals between 1500-1600 hopefully.

Feeling the beloved DOMS on my upper body today, mostly triceps. Off to do some cardio on the elliptical.
[/COLOR]
Excellent job Twyla! I so admire your determination and making your plan work.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:57 AM   #677

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
I agree
Old 06-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #678
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
[COLOR="Red"]I SECOND THAT EMOTION !! [/COLOR]

edited to add:

wow, Twyla - I just looked at your photo gallery. wow!
you have completely transformed your body composition!

so you went from 168 lbs to 144 lbs in how long? months? years?
because that is exactly what I need to do: go from 165 to 145.

I started Atkins on 3/24; the exact same day that you started TKD.
Cosmic.

Last edited by hummingbird11; 06-28-2008 at 04:05 PM..
Old 06-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #679

[COLOR="Sienna"]Thank you, Lisa & Meek.

HB, I don't have a glamorous, jam-packed, glory-filled weight loss story to share -- as so many others do. My weight loss took far too long, and the biggest hurdles being:

Staying on induction for far too long;

Not knowing enough about hypothyroidism, and practicing counter-productive weigh loss measures as a result;

Depriving myself of good carbs for too long, causing me to go on far too many full-blown, 2 and 3-day carb binges;

and a few other things that I could mention but I'll keep this short.

This has been a JOURNEY for me, a learning process. Light bulbs went off -- no, surgery brights went off, when I learned that carbs aren't evil (via BFFM), what hypothyroidism is, and what I need to do to overcome its disadvantages; when I discovered Callanetics; and when I met Btinc via LCF and hungrily listened, learned and implemented as much as possible from his invaluable suggestions.

It's been a long, slow process, but I'm not sorry it happened that way. These lessons are INGRAINED in my mind, my habit, my way of life...there's no going back, no backsliding, it's who I am, who I've become, who I always want to be.

I'm blessed.

Today's eats weren't target, but they weren't bad, and I'm basing that statement on how I FEEL right now. I've finished dinner, and I'm feeling "lean." It's a feeling I've become very familiar with. It's not always there, but when it is, it's very noticeable. It's like I can "hear" my metab saying, "Ya done good, today, girl!"

That's where I am today.

So it's good.

TODAY'S EATS:

CALS 1806

PROT..........159 GR.........36%
CARBS..........67 GR........13% *

(* 57 carbs were eaten before 1:30 p.m.)

FIBER...........2 GR
FAT............ 93 GR..........46%

Workouts (9:00 a.m.)

15 mins Fat Blaster Cardio (TJ)
20 mins AbJam
15 mins upper body weights (omit triceps)
15 mins elliptical cardio intervals

I'll likely squeeze in a 10-minute elliptical "edge" later this evening.

My lower body has been aching from very noticeable DOMS all day, and I've let them rest and recover today.

Grilled pork tenderloins with spinach and slaw made with chopped pistaschios for dinner....OMG...too delish.

I'm so psyched, having returned to "focus" on my journey. Vacations are nice, but I'm a creature of habit, and I really like structure.

[/COLOR]
Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #680

I can't say this enuff... YOU ARE DOING GREAT

Quote:
I really like structure.
I LOVE structure
Old 06-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #681
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: amiga74
Stats: 167(1997)/147/
WOE: moderation/good stuff
ditto structure!

Twyla, you've inspired me to track again! thanks about my name!

Meekness, i remember you asking about psmf recently- it is tough and quite strict, but it could get you to your goal for your wedding. however, if you are trying to get pregnant right now i do not think it would be wise at all.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #682

Twyla, I pray all is well with you and yours. Have an awesome day, babe

Quote:
Meekness, i remember you asking about psmf recently- it is tough and quite strict, but it could get you to your goal for your wedding. however, if you are trying to get pregnant right now i do not think it would be wise at all.
I looked into the plan, but the cals were toooo low for me. I"m in the process of repairing my metabolism, as we speak. Thank for thinking of me thou.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #683

[COLOR="Sienna"]
HEY, MEEKNESS & MEREDITH!

Yes, there are some of us who need that structure.

And as for tracking, I think of it as a map. I'm on a journey, and I need to know where I've been and where I'm going, how to get there. Thus, I track.

Sunday Jun 29

Today was a relaxing Sunday. Began with church, then lunch, read the Sunday paper on the back porch, then 20 mins LB workout, then trip to garden center for plants for a new bed in the front lawn. That trip inspired the artist in me. I have to be in the mood, but when I am, I'm restless until I can create. Plan to make oversized leaf forms to pour concrete, let set, remove, paint them bisque, accent with burnt umber, then distress with sepia, then coat with poly, and place them randomly among the perennials, peeking through mulch.

Staked the tomato & pepper plants, then prepared dinner (burgers on the grill), had dinner on the back screened porch during a light rain...oh-so-soothing.

Sun is back out, but setting. Time for a 40-min power walk.

My next refeed is scheduled for Thursday of this week. I'll keep carbs low this week, cals low to moderate.

TOTALS TODAY:

CALS: 1506

PROT........149..........40%
CARBS........29.......... 7%
FIBER..........9
FAT...........91............53%

Workouts as stated. Will do Power90 AbRipper 200 before bed.

[/COLOR]
Old 06-30-2008, 06:19 AM   #684

[COLOR="Sienna"]MON JUN 30

Weight holding steady for the last three days. I'm feeling I should have tried to do a refeed yesterday (Sunday). My body is saying it's time. Cool, how I can tell. I really do have to wait until Thursday. There was just too much going on this weekend, and tasks that needed done had been put off long enuf.

Took in some Glycomaze w/PP after workout this morning. Keeping carbs lowish again today.

Miss my blackberries.

[/COLOR]
Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #685
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Oh T ... I didn't mean to put you on the spot & definitely NOT looking for a glamorous or glory story!

I know you've been on a personal journey of health & physiological self-awareness. Like I told you a while back, I stand in awe of your quest to find what works for YOU, and reading your Journal gave me the courage to do it, too. Thanks to you, I found Keto. And I'm so glad because this WOE meshes better w/ my lifestyle. And as you know, Meek is on board now, too.

So what if you avoided carbs for too long, and bounced from a few different WOE’s - holy lord, there are plenty of women doing THAT on this board and honey, they don't look like YOU!
Whether it took you 5 months or 5 years - ya just can't argue with results like yours!

Besides, until we experience variety, how do we know what we like best or what works best? And hey, you built some character along the way (!) and learned so much about your body and your body's reactions - that now you truly have the tools to maintain your fit & healthy self for the rest of your life! And your Journal is a great source of knowledge & inspiration for so many others, including me.

I was just curious approx how long it had taken you (on your journey) to recomp your body the way that you have done ~ esp when did you start noticing that your arms were getting so toned, and what do you think specifically contributes to that (the most)? I didn’t know if all of this was real recent for you, or if you’ve looked this muscular for a couple of years or what (since I’ve only known you since March). Once you found "the way" ~ approx how long before it all started really "coming together" in measurable & visible ways? That's what I'm interested in, if you care to share or if you even remember...

It’s obvious from your photo gallery that it was very gradual and I think gradual is a very good thing, nothing to be embarrassed about, that’s for sure! There are so many women on these boards that lose FAST, too fast, and then they gain it back and have to do it all over again. And again. As I have now learned (again thanks to you and btinc) the real key is to avoid the loss of LBM while losing weight. If not for y'all, I might be on that vicious cycle of not caring if I was losing fat or muscle, just as long as I was losing.

Plus if it’s too easy, we don’t appreciate the work required to get there and we let it slip between our fingers and have to start over. And due to the amazing path that you have strongly walked, I just don't see that happening to you, and THAT is a true GLORY STORY!!

Last edited by hummingbird11; 06-30-2008 at 07:30 PM..
Old 07-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #686

[COLOR="Magenta"]I was just curious approx how long it had taken you (on your journey) to recomp your body the way that you have done ~ esp when did you start noticing that your arms were getting so toned, and what do you think specifically contributes to that (the most)? I didn’t know if all of this was real recent for you, or if you’ve looked this muscular for a couple of years or what (since I’ve only known you since March). Once you found "the way" ~ approx how long before it all started really "coming together" in measurable & visible ways? That's what I'm interested in, if you care to share or if you even remember...[/COLOR]
HB, although I've been doing strength training all along (more focus on upper body), I began getting more serious with UB weight training in March, i.e., lifting a bit heavier with SOME muscle groups, and more sets overall, more reps in some cases, very little rest. That's when I began to see the added definition.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #687

[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES JUL 1

Busy, somewhat stressful last couple of days. Son had surgery today. Fractured elbow. In a lot of pain. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

TOTALS TODAY:

1880 CALS

PROT.........191 GR...........41%
CARBS........61 GR............12%
FIBER.........19 GR
FAT............101 GR..........47%

Workouts a.m.

15 mins UB
15 mins cardio

workouts p.m.

25 mins UB
20 mins cardio

Reflecting on past ****** numbers, I clearly seem to do better when eating more protein. I've not been as diligent with that since returning from vacation. Will resume with higher protein. Intentionally ate around 125 carbs yesterday. My butt was DRAGGING, and I felt I needed them. I upped cals a bit and upped the carbs. Today back to rather normal numbers.

Still planning refeed for Thursday. Energy levels much better today than yesterday.

[/COLOR]
Old 07-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #688

Quote:
Son had surgery today. Fractured elbow. In a lot of pain. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

for your baby boy's healing
Old 07-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #689
HB = Healthy & Balanced

T, I'm so sorry about your son. Very tough to see your child in so much pain.
I pray the surgery went well and that he recovers nice & quick.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:32 AM   #690

[COLOR="Magenta"]
Thanks so very much, Meek and HB....He's so undeserving, has worked it *ss off, and gives it 100% every day, then he suffers this setback...long story, too heartbreaking for me to talk about (Mommies' hearts hurt the worst, even when they're big guys)....but I REALLY appreciate your healing prayers.
[/COLOR]
Closed Thread