LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #631
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]
SUNDAY JUNE 1

Giving thanks today for His goodness, His blessings, the strength that I have in Him, the hope that only He can give.

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

[/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #632

[COLOR="Sienna"]SUNDAY'S TOTALS:

CALS 1802

PROT.............148.............34%
CARBS............24.............3%
FIBER.............10
FAT...............130.............64%

No workouts. Day of rest and hanging out with Son #3.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-02-2008, 06:13 AM   #633

[COLOR="Teal"]
CARDIO ON THE GO TIP!

Million Dollar Boxing Body

Stand up in your office or anywhere you have a few feet of space around you. For the first minute, step side to side with your hands up as if to protect your face. For the second minute, make the side step a little deeper so that you are squatting at the mid point. For minutes three through five, plant your feet and work on repeating 16 of each of the following punches with each arm; cross punch, jab and upper cut.

For minutes six and seven alternate 16 kicks to the front with 16 kicks to the side and 16 kicks to the back. Arms are protecting your face. For minutes eight and nine, shift your weight from side to side and shadow box using any combination of punches that feel good to you. For the tenth minute stagger your legs and shift your weight front and back (alternating feet every couple of seconds) as you throw jabs.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-02-2008, 06:19 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lildragonfly
LOL...watch going in Twyla's office unannounced she may kick your butt accidentally while doing the boxing.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mmam5
Stats: 150/132 Healthy, 5'4" 45
WOE: UnProcessed please :)
Old 06-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildragonfly View Post
LOL...watch going in Twyla's office unannounced she may kick your butt accidentally while doing the boxing.

Too funny, Marsha!

But hey, when ya work with lawyers, ya gotta find ways to work off the stress!

Proceed at your own risk, right?

Old 06-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #637

[COLOR="Sienna"]MON JUN 2

Feeling somewhat frustrated with myself. My goal today was to control hunger. I decided to up carbs a bit, but I didn't want to go over 50 net, keep fat a little lower, and I wanted to keep cals between 1600-1700.

I accomplished none of that.

I was hungry throughout the day, ready to eat at each meal, not really feeling satisifed, but knowing I'd had enough.

Days like this I go into guilt mode and think, okay, get up and move, you don't have a choice, you've eaten more than you should be eating, and you have to burn it off.

Felt tired/sleepy when I got home from work, no energy to work out. But somehow, I'll have to make myself do some cardio before the night is out.

CALS 2043

PROT........220 GR.........43
CARBS.......98 GR.........16
FIBER........37 GR
FAT............99 GR.........42

WORKOUTS:

1 hour Super Callanetics a.m.

25 mins cardio....sometime before bedtime
[/COLOR]
Old 06-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #638

[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES JUNE 3

Feeling good today. Judging from feeling, and the mirror, the excess calories yesterday haven't seemed to do any damage. But still! I need to work on sticking to a deficit a few days a week. I've learned that when my body is saying EAT, it must mean something. We're told to listen and learn from the time we're tots, but if we have the slightest tendency to be perfectionist/control freaks, we find ourselves wanting to call all the shots with fingers in our ears, so to speak.

The quest for fitness is an ongoing journey, one of extreme discipline, requiring patience, acceptance, discernment, commitment, and perserverence. There are no shortcuts. No push-button, overnight makeovers. There are valleys and there are mountaintops.

I keep moving closer to the finish line.

I did 23 mins of Turbo Jam Cardio this morning, followed by Level 2 of Jillian Michaels Shred.....HAVE MERCY!!!!!!

I think I'll plan on skipping TJ the next time I do JMS, or at least not do them back-to-back. I feel like I'd been kicked to death! But WOW what a rush when I've cooled down, rehydrated, and assessed my "expenditure."

Hard work is far more rewarding when it's over than when you're doing it, but it's definitely worth the wait.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovenuts
Stats: lean and strong
WOE: low carb healty no sugar ever
Start Date: march 18 2008
What a great post Twila in this tuesday, I take it for me too, you are so inspiring, thank for the help that you give without knowing it.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #640
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
[COLOR="Sienna"]
The quest for fitness is an ongoing journey, one of extreme discipline, requiring patience, acceptance, discernment, commitment, and perseverance. There are no shortcuts. No push-button, overnight makeovers. There are valleys and there are mountaintops.

Hard work is far more rewarding when it's over than when you're doing it, but it's definitely worth the wait.
[/COLOR]
Touché on ALL counts! I concur w/ Lovenuts: GREAT post.

I'm in "damage control" mode from my 45th B'Day w/e. Really, I ate pretty good, mostly on track. The only off-track moments were a bit of potato salad on Saturday and a few pancakes on Sunday. My B'Day cake was a crustless cheesecake - YUM. And a LOT of fine wine. Oh we had Pinot Noir GALORE from wineries all over Napa, Dry Creek, Santa Barbara -- you shoulda been here girl! My two best girlfriends (since 2nd grade!!) flew in w/ their hubbies and we enjoyed an AMAZING weekend. This one goes down in history as being one of the BEST, ever.

THANKS for the Happy B'Day Butterfly Balloon(s)! PURRFECT. Made me smile BIG! Where in the world did you find THAT one??

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches
Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #641

Gigi, we take turns leaning, don't we....you on me, and me on you....to quote John Lubbock, [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“To do something, however small, to make others happier and better, is the highest ambition, the most elevating hope, which can inspire a human being.”[/COLOR]

---------------------------

D, I was hoping to hear back from you after your big celebration....ahhhhh, the Noir! My turn is coming, countdown to vacay! Glad you had a great visit and opportunity to celebrate your day with your friends/family.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #642

[COLOR="Sienna"]Tues June 3 End of Day

I was able to put a cap on the cals today a bit easier. I decided to keep carbs around 30-40 the rest of the week, let fat and protein fall where they may, but trying to get in no less than 150 gr of protein per day. Today was slightly under, but it's because I was keeping fat higher on purpose to push into ketosis. It will work out. This is my plan till vacation, increasing protein slightly each day. I'll do my last refeed this coming Saturday. Then no other "refeeds" till after vacation.

I'm one of those oddballs who sticks to plan eat-wise all through vacation. I don't like feeling like jello, and eating off plan makes me feel that way. I will allow myself to have late afternoon adult beverages, but otherwise, on plan eating all the way. I don't feel deprived eating this way.

In place of refeeds, I'll allow a couple higher days of carbs, esp on the days that my workouts are most intense (beach run days), and that will include an occasional lowfat icecream by sunsets.

TODAY'S CALS 1734

PROT............142 GR.........33
CARBS............40 GR........8
FIBER.............10 GR
FAT...............114 GR........58

Workouts:

23 mins of Turbo Jam Cardio; Jillian Michaels Shred Level 2, 20 mins

UB biceps, triceps, rear delts - 20 mins in p.m.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-05-2008, 02:31 AM   #643

[COLOR="sienna"]Horrid day yesterday. God was testing me, my patience, my ability to remain calm under trial. Forgot my power cord to laptop, had to drive all the way home to get it and then back to work, all to beat the clock for a deposition, and it kept going downhill from there. Don't want to resurrect the ugly details, trying to move on.

Now for the good news: Yesterday was a lean day. Feeling very encouraged. DOMS in UB were a source of comfort to me, oddly enough, that at least something was working in my favor. Hoping for another 1 lb loss before I leave for vacay.

Yesterday (Wednesday's) totals:

1728 CALS

PROT 151 GR, 36%
CARBS 25 GR, 5%
FIBER 7 GR
113F, 58%

WORKOUTS:

1 Hour of Super Callan
Several hours of anxiety/stress

Today is a new day.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #644
HB = Healthy & Balanced

T's note to self:

get extra power cord. one to keep at office; one to keep at home

WHEN do you depart on vacation??

We leave TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #645

HB, I've already put it on my things-to-do list: Buy another power cord. I sent you a PM.

[COLOR="Sienna"]THURS JUN 5

Began the day with a fresh attitude, putting yesterday's headaches behind me and setting out to just take care of business.

Lots of work to do between now and Tuesday, but I'll get it done.

TODAY'S TOTALS:

CALS 1764

PROT..........169.........39%
CARBS.........57.........11%
FIBER..........13.........
FAT.............98..........49%

Fat may have been a little higher than I wanted, given the increase in carbs, but not totally off. Majority of my carbs were eaten around my workouts. 80 oz of water intake so far today.

WORKOUTS:

a.m.:

39 mins Turbo Jam Cardio w/weighted gloves;
6 mins of Power90 200 AbRipper

p.m.

20 mins Jillian Michaels Shred Level 2
10 mins tricep/delt training

[/COLOR]
Old 06-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #646

[COLOR="Sienna"]FRI JUN 6

I weighed in today, and was up one pound from my last weigh in about 2 weeks ago. Not worried about it. Feeling lean, and I'm sure it's only flucs.

Very busy day, right up until this minute....I'm exhausted and ready for bed. Not my usu Friday, but I'm getting stuff accomplished for work and I want to put it behind me.

TODAY'S TOTALS:

CALS 1737

PROT..........184.........43%
CARBS.........38..........7
FIBER..........12
FAT............100..........51%

WORKOUTS:

1 hour of Super Callanetics. I put so much into this workout this morning, totally engrossed in form. I've never perspired as much as I did today, doing Callanetics, so I knew when I was finished it was the best I'd ever done. My butt/hips are feeling it as of about 1.5 hrs ago, so I'm reminded of my hard work. How I love this workout!

Lots of errand running and chores, all evening, plus transcript work. No other time for anything.

Tomorrow is last refeed before vacay. Won't be able to start till close to noon.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Old 06-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #648

[COLOR="Sienna"]SATURDAY, REFEED DAY....BLAZING HOT DAY....!

Today's totals

cals 2452

PROT............193.........32%
CARBS..........305.........47%
FIBER.............37
FAT............... 56.........20%

workouts:

30 mins UB, 20 mins LB, weight training circuits

43 mins cardio

200 crunches

[/COLOR]
Old 06-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #649

[COLOR="Sienna"]SUNDAY JUN 8

Post Refeed Observations.

I know I've mentioned this before, but it still amazes me that I can go from eating low to very low carbs all week, and then jump to over 300 on a given day, and the very next day show relatively NO SIGNS of having eaten more carbs or more cals, no bloating, no discomfort. In fact, judging from my mirror this morning, had I been on the beach, I would have had no reservations about wearing a bikini today -- POST REFEED. This just still blows my mind.

TKD is such an awesome strategy. I don't want to give it up. I know that I have to graduate eventually into adding more carbs a couple of times during the week, and cycling from low to mod, or low to high. I'll have to learn how to do this in baby steps.

I was back into ketosis immediately upon waking this morning. I had fat-free cottage cheese with flax, PP, and 1 Tbs of Coconut Oil with coffee, and 2+ hours later I wasn't the least bit hungry. Ended up eating eggs, turkey bacon and a bit of spinach a few hours later when my tummy let me know it was time.

My workout this morning was HIIT on the elliptical. I usually begin at Level 4 for warmup, and then go up to Level 6 or Level 7 for my intervals, 2:1 ratio of intensity to recovery. I can always tell that just before my refeed, after having gone on low carb all week, it's tough for me to do HIIT. I struggle with leaving Level 4 or 5, and I'm weak with exhaustion by the time it's over. This morning, I was breathing heavy, but I could have done more intervals. The afterglow of the refeed carbs was still pumping me with loads of energy. Yet, no appetite, no bloating. So cool.

I was beginning to sort through clothes today, thinking about what to pack for vacation. I pulled out a pair of my favorite khaki shorts that I had worn in 2006, and because I weigh more ON THE SCALE than I did then, I was doubting they would fit, would still be too snug to look presentable. I thought, may as well try them on to see how far I have to go.

THEY FIT!!!!!!!! FIT PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proof that I've lost body fat even if the scale is hanging on to higher numbers! I know for a fact I've added lean body mass in my upper body especially, because I can see far more definition in my arms than I had back in 2006. But to try on those shorts and to see how well they fit..........THAT SO MADE MY DAY!

Colton played for the Reds this year, and they were the number one team all season. He made a triple and a double at yesterday's game, and they won. Today was the final playoff game against the Texas Rangers, and we won! The Reds were the season champions! Hot as you know what today, but we guzzled water and worked on our tans! The victory was soooooo worth it.

What a great day.

Back to proofreading.....and enjoying the freedom of ketosis. Life is good.

[/COLOR]
Old 06-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #650

[COLOR="Sienna"]END OF DAY TOTALS

CALS 1456

PROT ..........156.........44
CARBS..........32.......... 7
FIBER............8
FAT............. 78..........47

WORKOUTS

24 mins HIIT elliptical in a.m.

20 min power walk p.m.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #651

[COLOR="Sienna"]MONDAY JUN 9

TOTALS:

CALS 1711

PROT.........174..........41%
CARBS........47............9%
FIBER.........15
FAT.............90..........47%

WORKOUTS:

1 hour Super Callanetics in a.m.
Pushups and chair dips in office at noon

10 min bike ride 8:00 pm

[/COLOR]
Old 06-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #652

[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES JUN 10

Busy all day with last minute STUFF before I leave for vacay. Got a pedicure, picked up some new sandals, sunscreen, snacks for the car, did laundry, cleaned house, etc. STUFF.

I had a late lunch do to busy-ness, say around 2:30, and I began my workout today at 4:00. Five min warmup of cardio, then weights --30 min UB, 20 min LB-- and I wanted to end up with some cardio. I got through about 10 mins and I was wiped out. So I figured, may as well eat a few carbs and kick this thing in the rear. I had only 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean, then finished up with another 20 mins of AbJam. By 7:00, I still wasn't hungry! Go figure. The carbs? What else?

Ah, yes....balance. The elusive key to this equation. Gotta love it.

About AbJam: It's one of the most intense/effective ab w/o's I've yet to encounter, and what makes it even better is it's a "cardio" ab workout. I really get my heartrate up when doing AbJam, and I love the "ab aches" when I'm done!

Ended up eating a bit of lean grilled chicken, spinach and green beans around 7:45.

Totals so far ..... (including a Carb Master Yogurt that hasn't been eaten yet, but will be....)

CALS 1400

PROT..........146 GR..........43
CARBS.........53 GR...........12
FIBER..........15 GR
FAT............. 70 GR..........45

(incredible balance today)

WORKOUTS:

As stated above.
[/COLOR]
Old 06-11-2008, 02:55 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovenuts
Stats: lean and strong
WOE: low carb healty no sugar ever
Start Date: march 18 2008
Twila, I wish you a wonderful trip, have tons of fun. I wish you an on the 18th and, lucky you... what a marvellous place to celebrate you deserve it!!!, I did some searchs on Marco Island and it is gorgeous.

I will miss your energy and positivity here.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:22 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you have a marvelous time on your trip and you have the best birthday ever!!! You so deserve it all!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #656

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Thanks, Gigi & Marsha!

Outta here.

[/COLOR]
Old 06-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #657
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hope you're having a great time on your vacation! Enjoy that beach run and pick up some sand dollars for me!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:03 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

I know you are enjoying vacation but I wanted to send you some big birthday wishes today!!

Old 06-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #659
HB = Healthy & Balanced

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]!!!!! [/COLOR]H[COLOR="Red"]A[/COLOR]P[COLOR="Red"]P[/COLOR]Y [COLOR="Red"]B[/COLOR]I[COLOR="red"]R[/COLOR]T[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]H[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]D[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]A[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Y [/COLOR][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="Black"]T[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR="deepskyblue"]!!!!! [/COLOR]

Last edited by hummingbird11; 06-19-2008 at 12:06 AM..
Old 06-24-2008, 06:36 AM   #660

[COLOR="Sienna"]TUES JUN...? WHAT DAY IS IT?

JUNE 24. RIGHT.

BACK FROM VACAY. TOM ARRIVED ON SUNDAY, A WEEK EARLY, SO THAT WAS TERRIFIC . GREAT WAY TO WELCOME ME BACK TO REALITY.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, IT'S DEFINITELY TIME FOR VERY FOCUSED DAMAGE CONTROL MEASURES. :blush:

Stayed on plan and very focused, both menu wise and workout wise the whole time (worked out every day, lots of cardio, weights 3 days), up until Friday before I left the island, and TOM hungries, a "last-night Italian feast," coupled with fatigue/boredom from the drive home, all made for a very alarming reading on the scales.

So no use crying over spilled milk. Beginning yesterday, meticulous food journaling (did no journaling on vacay at all), and got in 40 mins cardio, 1 hour Super Callanetics, and Power90's 200 AbRipper.

(Although I'd done the entire Super Callanetics workout twice during vacay, about four days passed before doing it again, which was Monday, and the muscle fatigue was unbelievable! OUCH! It felt like someone had been pounding on my hips/thighs with a hammer! This workout never ceases to amaze me!)

This morning, 43 mins of Turbo Jam Cardio Party, 200 AbRipper, and will do JM Shred after work (20 mins) and another 30 min power walk later tonight.

Vacay was absolutely wonderful. Just hated to see it come to an end. My birthday celebration was spent with friends at the resort, beginning with tropical martinis and appetizers, music, gifts, followed by dinner at a lovely restaurant over the bay, good food, wine; followed by Cold Stone Coffee Lovers Only for dessert....OMG, soooooo delish. Sinfully delish.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR="magenta"]Marsha & HB, thank you for those birthday wishes! How sweet! [/COLOR]
Closed Thread