Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 AM   #3841
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Resuming low carb; cardio only today

Yesterday's higher carb rotation went very well. I didn't get all the way to maintenance level cals, and I was wanting to eat ice cream so badly...because I KNEW that it was my high day and it would be less of a no-no...but I can't allow myself to have ice cream unless it's a paid-for-single-serving. That way, it's self-limiting. Otherwise, I make a complete fool of myself with such debauchery--I simply continue to eat ice cream until there is none left. :blush:

Today I'll return to low carbs and cardio.

TOTALS:

CALS......1798
PROT........149
CARBS......204
FIBER..........31
FAT.............47

CARDIO 46 MINS
WEIGHT LIFTING: 60 MINS

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 02-20-2011 at 05:10 AM..
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #3842
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Yesterday's higher carb rotation went very well. I didn't get all the way to maintenance level cals, and I was wanting to eat ice cream so badly...because I KNEW that it was my high day and it would be less of a no-no...but I can't allow myself to have ice cream unless it's a paid-for-single-serving. That way, it's self-limiting. Otherwise, I make a complete fool of myself with such debauchery--I simply continue to eat ice cream until there is none left. :blush:

Today I'll return to low carbs and cardio.

TOTALS:

CALS......1798
PROT........149
CARBS......204
FIBER..........31
FAT.............47

CARDIO 46 MINS
WEIGHT LIFTING: 60 MINS
This is exactly what happen to me over the weekend .
Meek75 is offline  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #3843
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
This is exactly what happen to me over the weekend .
Ah, Meek. So sorry.

Okay. It's over and you can learn from this.

You've discovered a trigger food, right? Whatever it was (ice cream, cookies, fill-in-the-blank), don't buy them anymore. Don't have them around. You've learned that you can't stop at one. Just as I can't buy ice cream, because I like eating the entire half gallon -- my idea of a "serving." :blush:

Second, find an alternative that keeps you full/satisfied when you're craving something sweet. Make it ahead of time and have it handy. Always.

Or try having a cup of hot tea or coffee with EVCO in it. Or keep L-Glutamine handy for those times.

Remember, part of your problem this weekend was TOM interferences. I've been down that road countless times. Drink lots of water. Try to do some light cardio when you're feeling ravenous to help take the edge off your hunger. Seek out healthy distractions (LCF boards? Fitness magazines? A project around the house that needs your attention?) You'll get through this.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #3844
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Today was a successful low carb day. Intentionally kept fat high, carbs low, and filled in with protein.

Was able to get in a wonderful nap in the afternoon. Long overdue. I can't remember the last time I was able to nap like that. My body was craving that kind of rest/relaxation.

Got in some running late afternoon too.

Prepared some yummy Dijon pork chops for dinner (recipe from the recipe boards) with roasted asparagus. DELISH.

I'm off tomorrow for President's Day. I'll get to the gym around 9:30 a.m. My youngest son has his first orthodontist appt and I'll need to get back in time to shower and get him there. I'll gonna up carbs slightly tomorrow and keep them before/after my workout.

TODAY'S TOTALS:

CALS........1506
PROT..........124
CARBS.........30
FIBER...........11
FAT.............100 (58%)

45 MINS CARDIO
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #3845
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Ah, Meek. So sorry.

Okay. It's over and you can learn from this.

You've discovered a trigger food, right? Whatever it was (ice cream, cookies, fill-in-the-blank), don't buy them anymore. Don't have them around. You've learned that you can't stop at one. Just as I can't buy ice cream, because I like eating the entire half gallon -- my idea of a "serving." :blush:

Second, find an alternative that keeps you full/satisfied when you're craving something sweet. Make it ahead of time and have it handy. Always.

Or try having a cup of hot tea or coffee with EVCO in it. Or keep L-Glutamine handy for those times.

Remember, part of your problem this weekend was TOM interferences. I've been down that road countless times. Drink lots of water. Try to do some light cardio when you're feeling ravenous to help take the edge off your hunger. Seek out healthy distractions (LCF boards? Fitness magazines? A project around the house that needs your attention?) You'll get through this.
Girl, I can eat the entire gallon too! Crazy, right?! NO MORE!

Thanks for the helpful tips you shared. This week is going to be a better one. I think WW works, but it allows a little too much sugar (my addiction), so I'm returning back to low-carbs. I can't keep running from what has helped me in the past. I know, nothing has changed since I've been away. I am the same ole Meek, lost and in need of MAJOR help. Pray for me girl, please!! lol
Meek75 is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #3846
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
Girl, I can eat the entire gallon too! Crazy, right?! NO MORE!

Thanks for the helpful tips you shared. This week is going to be a better one. I think WW works, but it allows a little too much sugar (my addiction), so I'm returning back to low-carbs. I can't keep running from what has helped me in the past. I know, nothing has changed since I've been away. I am the same ole Meek, lost and in need of MAJOR help. Pray for me girl, please!! lol
Yes, you seemed inspired with WW from the get-go, and perhaps it will prove to be your ticket if you can avoid trigger foods -- REMOVE THEM FROM THY HOUSE FOREVAH -- and keep a limit on your carbs, and your CHOICE and TIMING of carbs. If you choose clean carbs, and eat them near your workouts, they are less likely to have an effect on your blood sugar and you can stay more focused.

Start now, and make a list of known trigger foods for you. Commit to removing them from your lifestyle.

This tool -- your slipup -- will help you the next time you are faced with these challenges. Keep that in mind.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #3847
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Enjoy your day off luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa46 View Post
T, popping in to tell you that your suggestion to track every bite of eats has been such a great tool for me! It really puts it out there in black and white and I LOVE having the data at my disposal.

Have a great weekend!
It sure does, doesnt it..
inatic is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #3848
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Yes, you seemed inspired with WW from the get-go, and perhaps it will prove to be your ticket if you can avoid trigger foods -- REMOVE THEM FROM THY HOUSE FOREVAH -- and keep a limit on your carbs, and your CHOICE and TIMING of carbs. If you choose clean carbs, and eat them near your workouts, they are less likely to have an effect on your blood sugar and you can stay more focused.

Start now, and make a list of known trigger foods for you. Commit to removing them from your lifestyle.

This tool -- your slipup -- will help you the next time you are faced with these challenges. Keep that in mind.
I will take heed to your advice. I just have to face the fact that I can no longer eat certain foods anymore. It's just the way it is! Regardless if the plan allows them or not. I should avoid them at all times.

Thanks for your help! Off to clean out the pantry, .
Meek75 is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #3849
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Enjoy your day off luv


It sure does, doesnt it..
Ileen!

My day off was good. Didn't quite accomplish all the to-do things that needed done, but my sons needed me, and that always comes first. Was able to spend some time with them and get things done that was on THEIR lists.

At least I made it to the gym today -- and earlier, which was a treat. It was a great feeling going at that hour and not having to wait on a DB or BB or a machine. I thought, hmmm, this is what it feels like to be a stay-at-home mom? Or retired? Or a "kept" wife? Not too shabby. Followed up lifting with running intervals, just as it was beginning to rain. Felt great.

My carbs today were just about where I wanted them. Somewhat of a medium day. I'm happiest when I cycle my carbs, given my time spent working out and such. Too long with VLC and I just lose too much balance, energy, hormone harmony.

My triceps are still screaming from Saturday's workout.

More proofreading to do, so I've gotta get back at that. The next two days are low carb, cardio and Callanetics only.

I'm getting hungry, but I'm waiting to have dinner with my husband. My sons have already eaten. I've tracked what I'll be eating, so I will know when to stop.

TODAY'S TOTALS:

CALS..........1625
PROT.........150
CARBS........102
FIBER..........23
FAT.............75

30 MINS CARDIO; 45 MINS WEIGHT TRAINING (BICEPS, REAR DELTS, ABS, HAMS)
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #3850
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
I will take heed to your advice. I just have to face the fact that I can no longer eat certain foods anymore. It's just the way it is! Regardless if the plan allows them or not. I should avoid them at all times.

Thanks for your help! Off to clean out the pantry, .
Anymore? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

There are times when I will allow myself an off-limit food, but it has to be a special occasion for the most part. (not counting TOM -- whole'nother story) Birthdays, Christmas, vacation. Otherwise, I just choose not to eat that crap, and I mostly get to respect myself in the morning.

Ask yourself Meek: What means more to me? This cookie(s) I'm about to eat, fleeting gratification? Or reaching my weekly goals this week and feeling better, looking better, more confident? What do you want more?

It's always a matter of choices. Don't think of it as punishment, think of it as a privilege. YOU GET TO MAKE A GOOD CHOICE AND WILL BE REWARDED FOR YOUR PERSISTENCE IN SO DOING.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-22-2011, 02:43 AM   #3851
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
For some crazy reason -- I cannot figure out why -- I've had trouble sleeping the last couple of nights. Last night was not as bad as the night before. Sunday night I finally got out of bed, came downstairs and read/researched for two hours, trying to make myself sleepy. TWO.HOURS. Finally went back to bed at 4:30.

Last night wasn't quite as bad, but my body would NOT shut down. So I gave my tried-and-true solution a shot: 1/2 cup of Cheerios w/ about 1/3 c of skim milk. Back to bed, and within ten minutes I was asleep. I want someone to explain to me why THAT combination of foods is my cure button for insomnia.

I've been thinking about how I manage to stay so focused on my nutrition and workouts and goals for about 18-20 days of the month, and then when hormones kick in, all focus goes straight out the window and I morph into this caution-to-the-wind, who-gives-a-I'm-hungry-damn-it monster, at which point much (if not all) of my efforts of those 18-20 days go down the drain. There HAS to be a way to tame that monster EFFECTIVELY. There are "weapons" that minimize the damage, but I'd like to avoid that hurdle completely. Hah! Wouldn't all women.

Forget about it...not going to ruin a good day dwelling on stress-inducing thoughts and issues.

It's gonna be a cold day today -- bummer -- but I'll be steeped in busyness, getting a trial transcript out, then commitments later this evening. Won't have time to be outside anyway.

Better get to it. Callanetics first, then some cardio, then my commute to the office.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #3852
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Anymore? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

There are times when I will allow myself an off-limit food, but it has to be a special occasion for the most part. (not counting TOM -- whole'nother story) Birthdays, Christmas, vacation. Otherwise, I just choose not to eat that crap, and I mostly get to respect myself in the morning.

Ask yourself Meek: What means more to me? This cookie(s) I'm about to eat, fleeting gratification? Or reaching my weekly goals this week and feeling better, looking better, more confident? What do you want more?

It's always a matter of choices. Don't think of it as punishment, think of it as a privilege. YOU GET TO MAKE A GOOD CHOICE AND WILL BE REWARDED FOR YOUR PERSISTENCE IN SO DOING.

Nope. No more .

My overall goals definitely means more to me. You're right! It's a matter of choice and I must work on making the RIGHT choices when it comes to food. I have so much to learn .

Have a good day, hugs.
Meek75 is offline  
Old 02-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #3853
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
Nope. No more .

My overall goals definitely means more to me. You're right! It's a matter of choice and I must work on making the RIGHT choices when it comes to food. I have so much to learn .

Have a good day, hugs.

We're ALWAYS learning, Meek.
We never stop learning.



Chin up.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #3854
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb

I've been compiling research, ongoing research, and I gather my info from a variety of sources. I'm trying to organize it into chapters, titles, subtitles, examples, etc. It's fun, it's educational, but it CAN be overwhelming.

I frequent another site often, and I have gathered some info from their boards recently that is fascinating to me. As I research, questions come to mind, so I've been making a list of questions as I go along. Sometimes the answers come in the way of more research, or from testimonials.

While proofreading and printing transcripts, I sometimes get so bored, so sleepy, so I'll digress into my research just long enough to breathe new life into my brain. Wake up, woman...now get back to work.

It's better than falling asleep on the job anyway.

I'm a bit bummed because when my hard drive died, I lost SOME files that I had begun to compile with research/info. I'm having to go back and reconstruct them from scratch. Some, not all. Many of them were saved in other locations that were able to be salvaged.

Thankfully most of my personal files were saved -- letters, thoughts, poems, etc., that have deep significance to me.

My laptop and I are getting along much better this week. It still surprises me now and then when it switches screens without warning -- I don't intentionally do it, but whatever slight movement I've done is enuf to initiate the change. It's unnerving at times. But it's getting better.

Okay. I guess I'd better get back to work...recess is over.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #3855
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Updating for Tues and Wed (low carb days)

Totals Tues

Cals……2038 (hunger fluks)
Prot….176
Carbs…..77
Fiber……17
Fat…….119 52%

40 mins Callanetics; 36 mins cardio

Wednesday

Cals………1515
Prot…………143
Carbs…………52
Fiber…………13
Fat…………….83 (49%)

40 mins cardio
200 AbRipper
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #3856
Major LCF Poster!
 
Firm Hottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,830
Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey Twyla!

I'm sorry that you have problems sleeping. I can totally sympathize with you - I wasn't able to get to sleep until 5 o'clock this morning!

What kind of research are you doing? Is it work-related or personal?

I always love seeing how you successfully do your carb cycling - it's very inspiring.
Firm Hottie is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #3857
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Hey Twyla!

I'm sorry that you have problems sleeping. I can totally sympathize with you - I wasn't able to get to sleep until 5 o'clock this morning!

What kind of research are you doing? Is it work-related or personal?

I always love seeing how you successfully do your carb cycling - it's very inspiring.
Laura,

Just typed 4-5 paragraph response and somehow that web page poofed away.

#$%!$#!!!

I'll be back later to elaborate.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #3858
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Hey Twyla!

What kind of research are you doing? Is it work-related or personal?

I always love seeing how you successfully do your carb cycling - it's very inspiring.
Laura, first, I love your new avatar. Very pretty.

Secondly, what in the world kept you up till 5 am? I’m glad that my insomnia only lasted those two nights.

About my research. Yes, personal. I’m gathering information about the various approaches to carb cycling, and particularly how it is implemented with women whose immediate goal is fat loss or cutting. Fortunately, when I first began experimenting with carb cycling, I was able to burn fat and build muscle at the same time for the most part. Many weeks of my progress, as a result, showed little change in scale weight, but I was seeing great progress with losing inches and adding LBM, thus a far better body comp. Maintaining my desired level of fitness is far more than about a scale number. I want to stay fit, strong, and healthy, and I want to keep my body fueled and balanced with the proper nutrition to effect that goal.

At my age, I realize that I will have to stay proactive with my approach at staying within my fitness goals and finding ways to continually outsmart my slowing metabolism.

So since this site has very little info and/or members who are passionate about carb cycling, I’ve begun looking other places on the net to gather info. The LC Challenge here, Boot Camp Charlie, some of the guys there, I’ve learned, are using the LeanGains approach to carb cycling successfully, so I’m fascinated by what I’ve read so far about that approach. What I’ve found, however, is that there are not a lot of women who use that approach – or at least there isn’t as much statistical data for women, particularly those whose main goal is fat loss or cutting as opposed to adding strength or muscle. I’m curious to learn the reasons women have switched to using that approach, their feedback, results, pros, cons, etc. I’ve found references to the guru behind LeanGains on other links as well, and so far, all seem to find his theories worthy of credence and reputable. But again, most of what I read on his site is in reference to men.

Women, esp women my age, have different criteria that needs to be factored in to the protocol and success rate of such approach: age, hormones, current BMI, activity level, insulin resistance, body type, medications (hypothyroid), etc. So naturally this research that I’ve taken on is ongoing and involved, but it IS VERY educational and I hope to gain insight and added inspiration from what I learn.

So. That’s it in a nutshell.

Glad to hear from you again. It’s very cool that you’re coaching for BB. How fun is THAT!

Hope you have a better night’s sleep tonight, girl.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #3859
Major LCF Poster!
 
GardenGirl639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,230
Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Coming in to say hi.

I've been away for awhile with a back injury that prevented me from sitting at the computer. Trying to figure out my game plan.
GardenGirl639 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #3860
Major LCF Poster!
 
Firm Hottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,830
Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Laura, first, I love your new avatar. Very pretty.

Secondly, what in the world kept you up till 5 am? I’m glad that my insomnia only lasted those two nights.

About my research. Yes, personal. I’m gathering information about the various approaches to carb cycling, and particularly how it is implemented with women whose immediate goal is fat loss or cutting. Fortunately, when I first began experimenting with carb cycling, I was able to burn fat and build muscle at the same time for the most part. Many weeks of my progress, as a result, showed little change in scale weight, but I was seeing great progress with losing inches and adding LBM, thus a far better body comp. Maintaining my desired level of fitness is far more than about a scale number. I want to stay fit, strong, and healthy, and I want to keep my body fueled and balanced with the proper nutrition to effect that goal.

At my age, I realize that I will have to stay proactive with my approach at staying within my fitness goals and finding ways to continually outsmart my slowing metabolism.

So since this site has very little info and/or members who are passionate about carb cycling, I’ve begun looking other places on the net to gather info. The LC Challenge here, Boot Camp Charlie, some of the guys there, I’ve learned, are using the LeanGains approach to carb cycling successfully, so I’m fascinated by what I’ve read so far about that approach. What I’ve found, however, is that there are not a lot of women who use that approach – or at least there isn’t as much statistical data for women, particularly those whose main goal is fat loss or cutting as opposed to adding strength or muscle. I’m curious to learn the reasons women have switched to using that approach, their feedback, results, pros, cons, etc. I’ve found references to the guru behind LeanGains on other links as well, and so far, all seem to find his theories worthy of credence and reputable. But again, most of what I read on his site is in reference to men.

Women, esp women my age, have different criteria that needs to be factored in to the protocol and success rate of such approach: age, hormones, current BMI, activity level, insulin resistance, body type, medications (hypothyroid), etc. So naturally this research that I’ve taken on is ongoing and involved, but it IS VERY educational and I hope to gain insight and added inspiration from what I learn.

So. That’s it in a nutshell.

Glad to hear from you again. It’s very cool that you’re coaching for BB. How fun is THAT!

Hope you have a better night’s sleep tonight, girl.
Awww, you're a sweetie to say that!

I didn't mean to make you write a book, but thank you so much for getting so in-depth with your answer. I know that you've had great success with carb-cycling, and wonder if that might be helpful for me to try. Remember Jami/Jamistar77 who did Body For Life? She and I email each other regularly, and have talked about about CKD, TKD, you name, it, we've talked about it!

I find it interesting that rather than just have your carbs right around your strength workouts (as in before & after), you have high, medium & low carbs days. I take it that you do high carbs days to coordinate with strength training days, and it looks like low carb days are for Callenetics and/or cardio workouts. When do you do your medium carb days? Do your calorie levels vary depending on your carb level as well?

Are you doing this just to maintain your current weight, or have you found good results in doing this to lose weight? It makes sense that it could be used to lose weight, as it would keep one's body guessing, that's for sure.

Sorry for all the questions, hon, but you've really got me curious now!

Oh, and I'm no spring chicken, hon. I'm 43, so I'm sure that I'm pretty close to you in age!

Yes, I'm enjoying the Beachbody coaching - I'd love to become a PT eventually, but this works for now.

Take care, hon, and have a great weekend!
Firm Hottie is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #3861
Major LCF Poster!
 
Bronwyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,151
Gallery: Bronwyn
Twyla,

Checking in to say hi!!!
Bronwyn is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #3862
Major LCF Poster!
 
lola001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SA, Pretoria
Posts: 1,543
Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hiya Twyla - hopefully you will post some of your research findings in your journal sometime - I use your journal often as a point to research from - i.e strength training, carb cycling.
Your scientific approach to weightloss, good healthy and fitness is my inspiration. Sorry about the insomnia- there is a lot of that going around.
Have a great day - weather is perfect here - midday should get to a high of 32 degrees C! perfect swimming weather.
lola001 is online now  
Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #3863
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Twyla, have a good day love!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #3864
Major LCF Poster!
 
Bronwyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,151
Gallery: Bronwyn
I just read your note from yesterday on my food blog. Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm deliberately watching my portions because I'm relatively inactive for right now. You're right - patience is key!
Bronwyn is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 AM   #3865
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
I just read your note from yesterday on my food blog. Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm deliberately watching my portions because I'm relatively inactive for right now. You're right - patience is key!


Yes, Bronwyn, I too struggle with patience. We all have our, um, issues -- huh? But it's something I have to work on daily. Sometimes with a little more effort than others.

Quote:
“Patience can't be acquired overnight.
It is just like building up a muscle.
Every day you need to work on it.”


Eknath Easwaran
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 05:02 AM   #3866
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb


“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves.
Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you
because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is to live everything.
Live the questions”


- Raina Maria Rilke


WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #3867
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb



... or perhaps a "substance abuse" hotline?



Keep paddling, T. You can do this!
One moment at a time, and you'll respect yourself in the morning.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #3868
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post



... or perhaps a "substance abuse" hotline?



Keep paddling, T. You can do this!
One moment at a time, and you'll respect yourself in the morning.
Meek75 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #3869
Major LCF Poster!
 
Firm Hottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,830
Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2375/1715887107_9dbecad083.jpg[/IMG]
My eyes! My eyes!

Oh wait, I'm safe - those aren't peanut m&ms.

Hang tough, hon - you know that you can do this!
Firm Hottie is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #3870
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Laura, I think they are. Now I want some
Meek75 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.