Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #3781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Twyla- that is just so funny - laughing out loud in front of my computer. Falling ass! - Im trying to get hubby into exercising again- I often loudly reminiscence about the fabulous six pack he had that I adored when we first met! that has also sadly exited our home - not seen for a few years now. Think he will get the loud hints.
Enjoy VLC. - really beats my cravings.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #3782
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi Twyla- that is just so funny - laughing out loud in front of my computer. Falling ass! - Im trying to get hubby into exercising again- I often loudly reminiscence about the fabulous six pack he had that I adored when we first met! that has also sadly exited our home - not seen for a few years now. Think he will get the loud hints.
Enjoy VLC. - really beats my cravings.
Hi, Lola. Yes, the "vanishing ass" thing is funny, but sadly so true! And as for his six pack that you miss? Unfortunately, hints, whether subtle or not-so-subtle, are often not enough to get people motivated. KWIM? It has to come from the "wanna" in a person. What makes 'em wanna? That's the biggest hurdle of all.

The VLC is not easy for me. I do better at LC than VLC.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #3783

It's Tuesday. Back to work.

I did not sleep well last night. I've been wrestling a sinus headache for over 24 hours now. It's worse when I'm asleep. I was treating it with ibuprofen yesterday, and it actually didn't help much. Waxed and waned, but never got rid of it completely. Just took Tylenol Sinus. I should have taken this yesterday. I'm already feeling better.

Did not get everything accomplished from yesterday's checklist. Most, but not all. Pumpkin muffins didn't get made, and I only got in 40 mins of cardio -- my run. Felt wonderful, the intensity. The sun was shining, and I could just FEEL my body hungrily soaking up its rays, even in the cold temps of winter. Sun is sun. Sun is missed when we don't get enough of it. Our bodies party when we finally do. Give me a "D" .... D!

I got my son's room painted, both coats. Now comes the final steps. I'm painting a huge horseshoe emblem centered on the blue wall, and then a wide blue stripe about chair-rail height around the room on the three white walls. This will take some measuring and careful precison, a little art work, so it will take more time. But it will be worth it in the end. Hope to have it all completed by week's end.

I kept to under 35 carbs all day yesterday. It wasn't easy. But that was my second VLC day in a row, and after two VLC days, my body really starts to rebel. I'm gonna kick it up to an LC day today, around 50-60. I will probably get in some Callanetics and a short light cardio session. Court today and a busy evening ahead.

More coffee, please....
Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #3784
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
ugh a sinus headache you poor thing I hope your feeling 100% again soon!!! Wow you painted his room quick, the whole room, 2 coats in one day wow am sure it will look great and he will love it!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #3785

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
ugh a sinus headache you poor thing I hope your feeling 100% again soon!!! Wow you painted his room quick, the whole room, 2 coats in one day wow am sure it will look great and he will love it!

Thanks, Sans. Feeling worlds better.

When on a mission, I tend to get tasks done quickly!

He's already shown his appreciation, and I'm not even done. He's a great kid. I'm blessed.

I plan to get him a Peyton Manning fathead (what a stupid name) for his birthday. He got a whole bunch of Colts stuff for Christmas -- clothes, ski hat, posters, clock, etc., etc. He's all about Colts.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #3786

Logging food for the day -- haven't been so faithful lately with this, mostly because I'm focused more on low carb than total macros.

I'm not in ketosis, apparently. I've been very hungry the past three days, the kind of hungry where you just can't seem to get full.

This is how it is with me. Sometimes LC works and I can make it through with appetite suppression and maintain a decent deficit. Other times, I am hungry all the time.

I juggle this constantly, trying to make sense of it.

TOTALS:

CALS...........1736
PROT............123
CARBS............56
FIBER.............21
FAT...............117

These totals include dinner. It's only 5 o'clock and I went ahead and ate dinner because I was SO HUNGRY by the time I got home from work. Yet the fat is up to 117 grams (60%) which proves that extra fat does not always do the trick for me. FOR ME. I'm always amazed at people who can do the low calorie high fat thing, keeping cals around 1200 or under with no effort at all.

I fought hunger all day. And yesterday was the same. And the day before. And my carbs were under 40ish or below both Sunday and Monday.

Whatever...I guess I'll give this LC thing one more day. If I'm as hungry tomorrow, I'm upping my carbs and protein, lowering fat. Strict LC can be VERY BORING.

My body/metabolism is a mystery to me at times.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #3787
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Sorry about the sinus headache Twyla - hope it clears up soon. Meds really mess with your body - talk about water retention and bloating!
That room sounds really wonderful.
Hope the LC eating works - I generally find that keeping my carbs low works for me - might have something to do with the fact that I am 1.53m tall.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #3788

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hope the LC eating works - I generally find that keeping my carbs low works for me --
Yes, Lola, you're right, the LC works. But as most of us know, LC is a relative concept.

I've learned that I can't stay VLC for too many days in a row. I morph into yuckiness. I don't feel well, don't feel balanced, I get more irritable, the list goes on.

VLC is a tool for me, tricking my metabolism, but it is a tool that I use with discretion.

The past two days have been much better, having upped my carbs to around 60-65. The "balance" has returned. Sanity and satiety must be related.

Wednesday's cals around 1700, fat 89, carbs 64.

The last two days' activities have been one hour of Super Callanetics and 45 mins of Turbo Jam cardio with weighted gloves. Today is gym day. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #3789
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Twyla,
You are a machine! You really get a lot done with your life and with your workouts!

Glad you got some D. We need the sun to show up here in NE Ohio. It's so grey during the day that we have to turn lights on.

Enjoy your gym time tonight! Kick it, girl!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:11 AM   #3790

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Twyla,
You are a machine! You really get a lot done with your life and with your workouts!

Glad you got some D. We need the sun to show up here in NE Ohio. It's so grey during the day that we have to turn lights on.

Enjoy your gym time tonight! Kick it, girl!
Elizabeth, the sun has been quite the stranger. That's why I grab every chance I can to get out in it, even when it's freezing cold.

How much snow did you guys get last night?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:24 AM   #3791

Friday, January 21 - Weigh in Day

Down 1 pound from my last weigh in. I didn't weigh last Friday because TOM was still on his unannounced visit. So whatever I gained from that, I've lost and an additional pound. I'm pleased.

I began the day yesterday morning with 10 mins of ab work.

Last night at the gym, I hit LB plus some triceps work. I incorporated Callanetic standing hip/thigh pulses in between sets on Smith Squats, and it nails the muscles. It also helps to stretch/lenghten the muscle that I've just worked from the squats. I like the way it feels. It's a good kind of "ouch."

All told, beginning with 10 cardio, then 50 mins weights, then followed by 10 cardio. A friend I've met at the gym, Danielle, invited me to join her at 7:00 for Zumba at the valley's communituy center. I was REALLY spent when I finished at the gym. She was just getting there. So I told her I'd go home and have a protein shake and meet her there. So I revived myself with the shake, went to Zumba, danced for about 35 mins, then decided my body had had enough after a full day at work. I told her I loved the Zumba class and the instructor and I'd love to come back again, but just needed to listen to my body and head home for some rest. Great class. Love to dance!

Today will be a rest day, and tomorrow back to the gym for UB and cardio.

TOTALS FROM THURSDAY:

CALS...........1658
PROT............155
CARBS............58
FIBER.............20
FAT...............93

Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #3792

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
CARDIO ON THE GO TIP!

Million Dollar Boxing Body

Stand up in your office or anywhere you have a few feet of space around you. For the first minute, step side to side with your hands up as if to protect your face. For the second minute, make the side step a little deeper so that you are squatting at the mid point. For minutes three through five, plant your feet and work on repeating 16 of each of the following punches with each arm; cross punch, jab and upper cut.

For minutes six and seven alternate 16 kicks to the front with 16 kicks to the side and 16 kicks to the back. Arms are protecting your face. For minutes eight and nine, shift your weight from side to side and shadow box using any combination of punches that feel good to you. For the tenth minute stagger your legs and shift your weight front and back (alternating feet every couple of seconds) as you throw jabs.
I had posted this early on in my journal, and I've dug it out as a reminder, a good way to get my blood moving at a very sedentary job. Sometimes proofreading can be very boring, and add to that, my staff keeps the thermostat a tad too warm (at least for me), and this all contributes to the tendency to get sleepy by mid afternoon.

Afterall, ten minutes of cardio is ten minutes of cardio. Snap out of it, Twyla. Shake it up, wake it up!

I'll just need to remember to shut my door. Oh. And maybe bring a fan?

Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #3793

Saturday Jan 22

Today is my middle son's birthday. He received his birthday package at the campus yesterday. One of the things in his goodie box of gifts was a single-serving chocolate cake, the kind you can microwave. On one of the notes I told him to go ahead and indulge, to let this be his "birthday cake." He's working his plan very diligently right now, and texts me often for guidance and input, as he is working towards losing fat and maintaining LBM. I've fussed at him lately because he's "hit the wall" his last three times at the gym, and I told him he's flat not eating enough carbs (and he's not!) for his size and his work load. He goes 100% all the time. His body is rebelling. I think he is finally starting to listen to me.

So maybe he needs that little birthday cake. One little indulgence surely can't hurt.

He promised me he would start upping his good carbs before and after workouts and report back in one week.

Today I've eased back to my carb rotations, now that TOM is over and I have more control. Today will be a high day. It's been a while. Feels slightly daunting. I planned ahead. So far, carb wise, I've had blueberries, skim milk, Ezekiel bread and half a low-sugar Detour bar. I plan to have oats and sweet potatoe today as well. And I want an Ultra. Or two. :blush: I'll make a list of my carbs at day's end.

I've made it to the gym and back. 20 mins cardio w/3 intervals, 40 mins weights, 10 mins s/s cardio.

I'm ready to finish Son 3's room. I'm finally getting to the fun part, painting that huge horseshoe on that brilliant blue wall. Crank up some tunes and get busy, T.

Art is man's expression of his joy in labor.
Henry A. Kissinger

Old 01-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #3794

Sunday Jan 23

Updating totals from my high day yesterday:

CALS........2479
PROT.........162
CARBS.......240
FIBER.........42
FAT............92

I probably should have kept the fat a little lower, but I allowed myself two slices of pizza last night, and that shot that out of the water. Not worried about it much. Just calling attention to it for "the next time."

Minor bloating today. Feel pretty good, except my hamstring muscles are STILL screaming from Thursday's LB workout at the gym.

Back to lower cals and VLC today. I'm taking my sister out to lunch for her birthday, so I'll have to mentally wing it tracking wise. Cardio and Callanetics on tap later this afternoon.

Planning to stay LC for the next three days and then re-evalutate.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #3795
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on your sons what a nice sister you are taking her out to lunch, have a great time! yay on the 1lb loss
Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #3796

Thank you, Sans.

Today was a very successful VLC. I didn't try to track because of having lunch out with my sisters, but I sort of tracked my carbs in my head. Very low. And my appetite has been very suppressed today.

Our lunch was very enjoyable. I don't get to spend much time with my sisters, and their company is sorely missed. My oldest sister gave me a clear crystal-like Christmas ornament (hadn't seen me since Christmas to give it to me) with a picture of my mother etched on it, laughing, full of joy. It took my breath away.

Oh, how it took my breath away.

Enough said.

Workouts today:

Super Callanetics
Cardio (30 mins)
Old 01-24-2011, 02:51 AM   #3797

Editing my last journal entry to read 20 minutes of cardio, not 30. That was a typo.

Must have gotten distracted by the Steelers/Jets game while typing that.

(Go Steelers!)

Feeling great this morning, rested. Feeling leaner! ()

LC for today.
Turbo Jam cardio on tap for this morning, 30 mins.
Gym tonight.

Gym time for this week: Mon, Thurs, Saturday.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:40 AM   #3798
Big Yapper!!!!

ohhh the Christmas ornament sounds so precious I agree it is always good getting to spend time with family, how many sisters do you have?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #3799

Sans, good word. Precious. Each time I look at it I can't quit staring. My heart gets squeezed.

Sisters? I have two, both older. I'm the third daughter, and I have a younger brother. Mom did a fantastic, selfless job raising four kids on her own.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #3800
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you, Sans.

My oldest sister gave me a clear crystal-like Christmas ornament (hadn't seen me since Christmas to give it to me) with a picture of my mother etched on it, laughing, full of joy. It took my breath away.

Oh, how it took my breath away.

This made me tear up. What a beautiful gift.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #3801

Monday Jan 24

Today was a rather ACTIVE day for me in terms of energy expenditure. Monday's and/or Saturdays are my most active, butt-busting days.

30 mins intense cardio a.m.
10 mins cardio at the gym
40 mins LB weights (inner thighs/quads), + 4 sets supine DB pullovers
10 mins cardio following weights

Kept my carbs in the 60ish range today.

TOTALS:

CALS.........1814
PROT..........176
CARBS..........67
FIBER...........24
FAT.............100

Old 01-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #3802

Quote:
This made me tear up. What a beautiful gift.
Exact same reaction.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #3803
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Exact same reaction.

I'd love to do something like that to honor/remember my dad, but I can't even look for a picture without losing it.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #3804

Quote:
I'd love to do something like that to honor/remember my dad, but I can't even look for a picture without losing it.
Elizabeth, I know what you mean, it's terribly difficult for me to look at photos of my Mom.

But when I saw this sweet, perfect gift from my sister, I can't think of anything that could do her more justice, honor, remembrance. Such tangible joy.

I've hung it right beside a black and white photo of her in my living room, and alongside a tiny little angel lamp that my friends had given me when my mother passed away. I intend to let the lamp stay lit indefinitely. It will never be turned off. The etching of her on this crystal, the joy on her face, memorializes her in the most touching way.

Please find the courage to do this. It's a most precious keepsake.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 AM   #3805
Big Yapper!!!!

Your mom sure did a great job raising you all, if you are anything to go by you are one of the most selfless people I know always looking to help others and share your knowledge!! I love where you have put the precious ornament its perfect. I would love something like that for my dad he raised 8 of us alone too, single parents deserve a medal!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #3806

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Your mom sure did a great job raising you all, if you are anything to go by you are one of the most selfless people I know always looking to help others and share your knowledge!! I love where you have put the precious ornament its perfect. I would love something like that for my dad he raised 8 of us alone too, single parents deserve a medal!!!
Wow. In praise of your dad today, Sans! Bless his heart.

As for helping others, it's a natural reaction. Reaching out to others when you see they might be in need is the natural response of people who choose to live by the Golden Rule. When others approach me to help them, I try very hard to listen and be what they need. My Mom was that kind of woman, always giving of herself in countless ways, day after day.

I reflect on the people in my life’s path who have cared enough to help me when I needed their help, and it humbles me with a desire to do the same.

After all, it’s often the small gestures of kindness that make us most happy, not the monumental things.

Simple acts of kindness.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #3807

TKD

Bookmarking this thread in my journal to make it easier to find. I like going back and re-reading some of the stuff in here now and then.

Fat loss with ketogenic: cyclical & targeted ketogenic w/weight training
Old 01-28-2011, 03:12 AM   #3808

Friday Jan 28

Updating, and weigh day. Weight up one pound, but I am not worried about it, because I'm certain it's not fat, just flux. I should have a sign made to hang over the scales: NOT FAT, ONLY FLUX.

I'm sure my body is having a council meeting, and they're discussing the changes that have taken place, i.e, nutritional changes, the signals from and the recomping as a result of my workouts, and they're taking a vote on whether to let go of the water weight and fat cells or hold onto it a little longer. Well, I've got 'stuff' to do, so I'm not hanging around to find out what it decides. I'm already ahead of the meeting.

I felt leaner all day yesterday and this morning, despite my voracious appetite on Tues and Wed, which I managed to fight with higher fat and protein and more calories, but keeping the carbs low. Yesterday's carbs were only 20, and cals yesterday were 1500. Recomp changes are in the process.

Workouts:
Gym Monday,
28 mins of cardio Tues,
45 mins of Callanetics and 30 mins of cardio on Wed.,
Gym Thursday -- 30 mins cardio, 40 mins weights.

Today will be only light, steady cardio.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #3809

It's Saturday night. I had a great workout at the gym earlier today -- delts, abs, cardio. Tried a new exercise for abs with the medicine ball, higher intensity. Felt great. I've upped carbs today, backing off after 5:00. I'll return to 60ish carbs for the next few days.

So right now I'm just chillin. Listening to music. Relaxing. Feels good to do that now and then.

I love surfing the net at times like these in search of new music, or just GOOD music. Meaningful music. Lasting.

One of my favorite female artists of all time (I have both her CD's) is Dido. She's quite possibly my favorite. It's her voice. THAT VOICE. What a refreshing, unique sound. And she can sing live as well as recorded. Few can do that.

This is my favorite song she's recorded. I will never grow tired of listening to this song. Her voice. How I wish she'd record another CD.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #3810
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I love that song she has the voice of an angel!!! I hope your having a great sunday!
Closed Thread