Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #3751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi Twyla!

I'm back on the board and you were one of the first people I sought out! I will be reading your back posts to get caught up with you. Hope and the family are well.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #3752
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Hi Twyla!

I'm back on the board and you were one of the first people I sought out! I will be reading your back posts to get caught up with you. Hope and the family are well.
Bronwyn!

YOU ARE NOT going to believe me, but I promise I'm not making this up.

I was thinking a couple of days ago, I think it was like Tuesday night??? --- about YOU. I'm not kidding. The reason I thought of you, I saw your name on some credits on TV, and I began to think....Wonder where MY Bronwyn is...???"

And then I log on tonight and HERE YOU ARE. That just flips me out. How weird is THAT?

I need an update from you, girlfriend. Get your butt back on LCF and behave yourself, hear me?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #3753

Thursday updates/totals.

Made it to the gym tonight. Worked mostly delts, plus 3 sets of hammer curls and one set of incline DB flys. Cardio b/a.

Made it within my calorie quota today and still low on carbs, so good to go there. Under 100 gr fat. Check.

I know that I'm gonna need a high day, or at LEAST a med/high day either tomorrow or Saturday, and then back to LC and/or VLC for another stretch. I'm thinking I'll go with the high tomorrow. Taking Z out for dinner tomorrow evening, since he's leaving Sunday for Germany, and then headed to the neighbor's house for a hot tub get together. Tomorrow will be the better day of the two.

I'm pleased with this week's progress.

TOTALS

CALS...........1551
PROT............150
CARBS............38
FIBER.............12
FAT...............88

10 MINS CARDIO WARMUP
50 MINS WEIGHTS
20 MINS CARDIO S/S ELLIPTICAL

Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #3754

Friday Jan 7

Weigh in day: Down another .5, putting me at a four pound loss since last Wednesday. Holiday weight is gone. Rolling up my sleeves for the next round of this fight...."DING!...DING!"

Editing yesterday's notes regarding gym workout to mention abs work. I did quite a bit of abs work in between sets for delt work.

The next workout will be LB (quads and abductors/adductors) and triceps.

Looking forward to our dinner out with our son tonight, and then to hot tub kick-back fun with our neighbors. A warm hot tub with snow falling, a glass of wine or two, and a roaring fire. This should be a great evening.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 01-07-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Old 01-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #3755
Major LCF Poster!

As always, Twyla, you make my day!!! Must be ESP, huh?! Hopefully, I will be able to read over your blog this weekend and then give you a report of what's going on with me. We legal beagles need to stick together.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #3756
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Yay your on a roll welldone on the 4lb loss and getting back to pre holiday weight
Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #3757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
As always, Twyla, you make my day!!! Must be ESP, huh?! Hopefully, I will be able to read over your blog this weekend and then give you a report of what's going on with me. We legal beagles need to stick together.
We must.
Looking forward to catching up with you, my friend.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #3758

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Wow Twyla! Way to go on kicking those holiday pounds! Must be a record or something, lol!

Keep up the great work!!!

Pauline
Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #3759

Sans...Thank you for your smiles of encouragement. Hope you have a great weekend, girl.

_____

Saturday Jan 8

Today is Elvis' birthday. I used to date a guy a long time ago who was a HUGE Elvis fan, and this date has been branded in my brain ever since. Go figure.

Movin' along...Today is back to low carbs, a 3-4 day stretch, then a med/high day likely on Wednesday (my next weigh day). Yesterday I did not track, no way to, really, when you dine out. I allowed myself to have some treats/carbs, all rather harmless for the most part. I intentionally raised my carb and calorie count for the day.

I don't feel bloated or uncomfortable this morning. Maybe just very slightly retaining some water.

I've been searching for new songs to download to my MP3 player for workouts. Gotta keep it interesting. I'm a Train fan, and I was watching YouTube videos for my playlist searches. This song, "When I Look to the Sky,"although not a typical workout song, is beautiful nonetheless. I may download it anyway. Besides, his voice is mesmerizing, and he sings with such passion. His music is all heart.

Heading to the gym today at 1:00 for a kettle bell boot camp that's starting up. What better way is there to spend a cold, snowy, January afternoon?

Burn, baby. BURN.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #3760

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
Wow Twyla! Way to go on kicking those holiday pounds! Must be a record or something, lol!

Keep up the great work!!!

Pauline
Yeah, Baby! We got it under control, you and I.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #3761
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/194/145 5'3 3/4"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
You're welcome, Elizabeth. Glad I could be that little boost of reinforcement for you this week.

By the way, the video clip that Sans (that name makes me thing of the supplement manufacturer) sent to me addresses in one segment the fear factor that you mentioned, that for some people, not trying to lose weight is a protection for them, a security, against ___________. Fill in the blank.

I'm still watching the video, by the way. Almost finished. Haven't had the itme to watch it straight through. Interesting!
Twila,

I watched the ENTIRE video straight through. Lots of great information! Thank you for recommending it. Thank you, Sans, for putting it on Twila's journal.

He addresses exercise in the last 10 minutes or so.

I reserved the book from the library.

Lots of good ideas to crunch on for awhile.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #3762

Elizabeth, that's a good idea, reserving the book from the library. I may have to make my way over to the library after my grocery run here in a bit and see if they have it there. I'm almost finished with the video clip. I can't watch videos from the office (blocked) and get wrapped up in STUFF when I'm home, so I've not gotten the time to go straight through it. Glad you liked it too.

JUST GOT BACK FROM KETTLE BELL BOOT CAMP. HOLY CRAP. Kicked my *ss. It looks so harmless, so fluff. NOT. It lasted 50 full minutes, with 15 sec rests in between each exercise of each circuit, two circuits, two rounds to each circuit, and each "set" lasted 45 seconds. Hit every muscle group along with the cardio-fat-burning intensity of a circuit. Very cool. Plan to do next Saturday's boot camp also. Next Saturday we'll be working with bands.

Some of the women there were commenting that they were glad my *ss got kicked because they said they'd seen me lift/train and they assumed this would be a breeze for me. Just goes to show how our bodies adapt and need shaken up, challenges, to keep them guessing.

I got a little nauseous toward the end, but as long as I kept moving a bit I could control it. Felt great driving home afterwards. Would love to know -- pure curiosity -- how many calories I burned today. Began with a 17-min cardio warmup on the treadmill, then 50 mins KBBC, followed by 19 mins cardio on the elliptical.

Headed foor a shower, then groceries, then library. I'm jacked. This is going to be a good week.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #3763

Monday Jan 10

Looking back on this past weekend as successful. I returned to LC on both Saturday and Sunday with no issues. I didn't track on ****** either day, only in my head. I'll be tracking on ****** again starting today.

Sunday's workout was 20 mins of Turbo Jam cardio, and 15 mins of Callanetics. I even got in a nice nap Sunday afternoon.

My oldest son did not get to leave on his flight back to Germany. Due to the weather in Atlanta, they cancelled his flight there. He was able to get his flight changed to fly out on Tuesday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. He's going to miss one class due to this change; I don't want him to miss any more.

Today will be Callanetics in the morning, and then back to the gym after work for continued LB work and cardio.

My youngest son starts prep training this week for speed and strength agility, twice a week, which will help prepare him for running track for the first time this upcoming season, and TRACK will help improve his skills for football. This will keep him busy and active these winter months and break his hold with Xbox.

I'm hoping for another successful week, as I hear my inner voice coaching me....
"Stay focused, make good choices, train smart....you KNOW you want it!"
Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #3764
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I'm hoping for another successful week, as I hear my inner voice coaching me....
"Stay focused, make good choices, train smart....you KNOW you want it!"
You KNOW it!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #3765

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
You KNOW it!

Elizabeth, this made me smile, just when I feel like griping.

Thanks for the nudge, You!

Old 01-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #3766

Now for the griping:

Crap!

That's how I felt all day, like crap. And all day long I'm thinking....WTH?

I had a general sense of inner imbalance nutritionally. I know that feeling. I'm keenly aware of it. So I ate more fat. Didn't help.

I felt tired. Irritable. Hungry -- no, STARVING, all day. Kept eating mini legal snacks/meals to try to get full. Didn't help. I felt ... well, like crap, and hungry as a bear. ALL DAY!

And then wham. No warning. Stealth attack. TOM.

My butt was dragging all the way home from work. It was supposed to be a low day in rotations, but I felt so tired and depleted. I had some cottage cheese and 2 ounces of blueberries and a chex bar w/coffee for energy. Helped to get me through the workout. But it wasn't a GREAT workout. Just generally fatigued and yucky feeling.

I just had a protein shake. I'm still starving. I've had 84 carbs, 25 of those fiber. I am stillllllll hungry! Ugh!

I'm gonna have to find a way to satisfy this hunger. Hopefully after a good night of rest tomorrow will be much better.

TOTALS SO FAR:

1908 CALS
143 PROT
84 CARBS
25 FIBER
111 FAT

45 MINS SUPER CALLAN A.M .
18 MINS CARDIO PM
50 MINS WEIGHTS (LB AND TRICEPS) PM

Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 AM   #3767

Tuesday Jan 11

Recovering from an onslaught of TOM hell.
Couldn’t seem to get enough to eat all day yesterday.

Can’t seem to find my energy.
All I want to do is chill.
Light deprivation is starting to take its toll.
Luckily I have Bunco tonight and it may help to lift my mood.

Maybe today will be easier than yesterday, but nice and
easy does it on the carbs and cals until this storm has passed.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #3768
Big Yapper!!!!

Sorry TOM is running you ragged I hope today is a much better day for you all round have fun tonight!!

GardenGirl...let us know how you find the book, I havent got round to buying it yet!!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #3769
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Twyla!

I have finally gotten? Finally caught up with your blog. I had forgotten that I checked in briefly in April but here I am again!

A bit of a ramble here, so apologies in advance.

I enjoy your use of graphics and photos.

A Marshall fan, huh? I'm here in Greenville NC, home of ECU Pirates. We play each other in football because we're in CUSA together. Maybe the opportunity will present itself for you to come down for a game, and we'll have a great time together!

Thank you for all the informative posts and life experiences, both good and bad. Over the last 2 years I've lost both in-laws and my father, so I can certainly empathize with your emotions. There's not a day I don't think about them and miss them very much.

I'm back on my blog on LCF again but it's mostly reporting what I'm eating.

DH is nudging me to get off the computer, so I better go for now. Thanks for all your inspiration and your friendship!

~B
Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 AM   #3770

Bronwyn, can't remember if you told me before that you were from Greenville, but that is great to know. NC is a great state! That would be great attending a game together. The problem is, my fall weekends are jam-packed because I'm always at my son's college games. He plays for Washington & Jefferson in PA. Lots of driving each fall for me.

Thank you for your expressions of sympathy and comfort regarding my loss. Sharing your own experiences of loss helps to cushion my own. Loss takes on many forms. Losses, regardless of the kind or of whom, are quite painful and can prove to be a very slow process of healing.

I'll be sure to start following your blog. Glad you've decided to begin that again.

My use of graphics and such is just an extension of my personality. I love tapping into my creative/artistic side, and I use graphics, colors, illustrations, quoteables, etc., all the time in most everything I do as an expression of the real me. It seems to add life to everyday rhetoric, bringing life up close and personal rather than strictly "black and white."

Hope you guys are staying warm and safe in your winter travels. Have a great week, you.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 01-12-2011 at 03:02 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 AM   #3771

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Sorry TOM is running you ragged I hope today is a much better day for you all round have fun tonight!!

GardenGirl...let us know how you find the book, I havent got round to buying it yet!!
Sans, thank you.

And yes, Bunco was a much-needed pick-me-up.

By the way, I didn't get the book yet either; our library was closed the other day, and I've been too busy ever since to GET to the library. Maybe sometime this weekend.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #3772

Great post from the Main Lobby ... many of these things I personally experienced and learned from Btinc's guidance in the past couple of years. Lots of truth in the points he makes.

"Unexplainable" Fat Los Plateaus Explained...
Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #3773

It occurred to me today, in recent weeks I've instinctively made small changes to my nutrition and fitness routine based on lessons learned in the past. I acted on experience, what proved helpful once before. Lessons learned. Almost w/o thinking. Trusting.

It's a good feeling. I hope to never forget to trust my body's signals.

Quote:
......at some point we add a couple of medium days to completely throw the body off....
Cruise. It's a great way to revamp the body.....light weights, slow steady state cardio, at a reduced time, and more days at maintenance.....
Cruise is designed to rest the central nervous system. That is where the problem lies when you need a break,
even though it could feel like lethargy, etc., it's really the CNS.
Until you need a change, don't change.
.....Nothing challenging about the cruise.....You are just on an active vacation.....
Old 01-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #3774
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sans, thank you.

And yes, Bunco was a much-needed pick-me-up.

By the way, I didn't get the book yet either; our library was closed the other day, and I've been too busy ever since to GET to the library. Maybe sometime this weekend.
I'm still waiting on it but will let you know what I think. I've been using the visualization/fear thing and I've seen a 2 lb. drop since Monday.

I hope you are feeling better today, Twila!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #3775
Big Yapper!!!!

gardengirl...welldone that is incredible the visualization/fear seems to working for quite a number of people, there is actually a few cd to dl if your interested I will tell you the code you can listen to it at night

T...I hope your having a great thursday!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #3776
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you are feeling better and are just kicking it so much that you are too busy to post here!

Happy weekend!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #3777

Hey, Sans and Elizabeth.

Drive-by...been rather busy...lots of catching up to do.

I've not even OPENED my new January edition of Oxygen, much less read it. Maybe I'll get around to that this afternoon. On the cover:

"WAYS TO BEAT THE WINTER BLUES"

Oh, yeah? Lemme guess....

I vote for laughter....

and exercise!

I'll be back later to catch up. Headed to the gym for another session of Boot Camp, this time with bands.

LisaM, hold that thought...I'll be back!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #3778

Okay. Recapping and catching up. This week was a flop. I was up on the scales yesterday (weigh day) from TOM weight.

I hate seeing that number go up at TOM. PISSES ME OFF ROYALLY.

But I know it's temporary and not as a result of laziness or intentional crap-carb bonanzas.

I just have to keep doing what I know works. I put carb rotations on the back burner for this week till this hell passes.

I will go back to LC and VLC for a few days and wait for this water weight to drop, get my cravings back under control, and see where I stand NEXT Friday.

I've upped my cardio this week to offset the hungries a little. Made to the gym 3 x this week.

Boot camp with bands today: Okay. It was okay. Not my favorite. I enjoyed the kettle bell boot camp far more, a much more intense, better, ass-kicking workout. But I got in 40 mins of carido today along with the 50 mins of band circuits. So I'm good to go with workouts today.

After my workout I had a cafe mocha protein shake, waited, then a yummy shredded chicken over spinach salad with feta cheese, olives and salsa.

Yum.

Went to see True Grit last night with my husband. It was a great movie. Jeff Bridges -- fantastic! We had eaten Mexican out, and I just ate the cheese, meat and sauce, a few chips, and beer. Tasted great and hit the spot.

Slept well last night and felt very rested this morning. Will try to make a conscious effort to track carefully the next few days.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #3779
Big Yapper!!!!

I really enjoy Jeff Bridges, I must check that movie out when it makes its way here have a fab sunday!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #3780

Today is my day off..

Happy Birthday, MLK!"

... and I have a very long list of stuff to accomplish:

* Prepare meat for the upcoming week's meals
* Make a batch of pumpkin protein muffins
* Clean/declutter the house
* Paint my son's room a la Indianapolis Colts (oooh, he's gonna love it)
* Go for a run
* Make it a point to get in 60 mins of cardio today
* Stick to VLC all day (ya listenin', chick?)

I've browned ground turkey w/taco seasonings and onions already for taco salads this week. And I've put a very slight dent in housecleaning...

Onward.

I've been trying very hard -- very, very, very hard -- lately to get my husband to show interest in weight lifting. (If/when he reads this, he may not like what he reads, but hey, life's a "Beatch" sometimes, Dude) My efforts aren't much appreciated -- in fact, they're often received with resentment and defensiveness, even though I've tried the approach of coaxing in the sweetest, most pleasant voice and countenance that I can muster.

He's trying very hard with his diet (a la Atkins) and seems enthusiastic about cardio. And cardio. Oh, and did I mention he likes cardio? Now if I can only CONVINCE THE MAN that at his age, he is losing muscle every day that he breathes, and cardio is NOT gonna build it for him. I think he concedes with the theory, and yet the battle remains -- "his mind is willing (maybe?)," yet the "flesh is weak." Great intentions. I'll hand that to him.

I bravely approach my intermittent coaxings in the face of frequent whines and defensiveness, but I'm a tough coach and I stand firmly on my principles and mission. I will not give up on this.

All that said, last night we were taking a power walk through our neighborhood, and it was my first mention for the day (and the first in a few days) to bring up the importance of strength/weight training. Somehow the conversation led to the aging ass. I pointed out how as men age, their ass slips down the back of their legs, becoming flatter and less visible each day until one day it simply does not exist. Thus the need for squats. (This is the short version of the story) And that as women age, their asses often grow WIDER as well as FLATTER, taking on a very unattractive shape, if they're lucky to boast any shape at all.

And on the conversation meandered, a two-way exchange of these unattractive images and observations, truisms, if you will, back-n-forth discussions, etc.

And then there was a brief silence or pause in our exchange, before I said to him in a very confident tone, boasting a huge smile...

"And then there's MY ass..."

That wasn't well received.

As he began to protest to my sarcasm, I stopped him and said --

"No, no, you walked straight into that one. I could NOT resist that opportunity."

Truth hurts when we need to hear it. Muhahahahaha.........!!!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 01-17-2011 at 07:05 AM..
Closed Thread