LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #3691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi Twyla- glad to hear you so focused. Sorry that you are not sleeping so well- same here- my day generally begins at 2am - but then I just keep working at my little projects that I have started then crash a little earlier in the evening.
We are heading into middle summer here so 30 degrees everyday and higher.
Hi, Lola. Guess what? I slept through the night. Simple joys, huh?

I left you an e-hug in your journal. Love you.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 AM   #3692

Today is Wednesday. I woke up feeling much more rested, having slept through the night.

Yesterday was a cardio day, 30 mins in a.m. Busy the rest of the day.

My hunger was very noticeably increased last night. I try to recall at the time what factors can be causing this, and it helps to put it into perspective.
I listen, then ask: Is it true hunger? If the answer is yes, proceed to Question No. 2.....

At the end of my self questionnaire, I made halfway decent choice(s) to satisfy that hunger. Yikes. But going to bed was the best choice of all.

Today is Callanetics again, and light cardio after work. I likely will not have time for the gym. I'll try to do the gym on Thursday and Friday.

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

Jim Rohn

Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #3693
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Dawn,

I love your cute avatar...so festive. Makes me smile.

I wanna join the November challenge that you subscribe to. I'm game.

I'll check back later.

It's cold here...expecting some snow today. Finishing up some decorations.

Thanks about the avatar!

Come join us in our "challenge" but we now have a December one started. I will find the link and post it another posting. We really are no longer a challenge but more of a support group. We would love to have you there because you are so spiritual and have so much insight on everything! You would be a great addition.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #3694
Major LCF Poster!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...christmas.html
Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #3695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Thanks about the avatar!

Come join us in our "challenge" but we now have a December one started. I will find the link and post it another posting. We really are no longer a challenge but more of a support group. We would love to have you there because you are so spiritual and have so much insight on everything! You would be a great addition.

Dawn, thank you so much for that warm welcome.

I've been incredibly busy at work for quite a while, and I seem to have such very little time to log in or post or read on LCF as I'd like to. Hoping we'll put on the skids soon, with the holidays approaching.

Whatever you guys choose to call your group's purpose --

-- we all can use some support now and then, right? Especially during the holidays.

Yay me. I'm in.

I'll check it out soon.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #3696
Major LCF Poster!

I think that you will enjoy the group as they are all so supportive and non judgmental.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:34 AM   #3697

Today is Thursday. I've tentatively assigned Thursdays as my sleep-in day. This means having to get up at 5:00 only four days instead of five. Thursdays will be an all cardio day, unless I have time for some incidental stuff during lunch hours, or a small bit of Callanetics. This should work well for me.

I woke up this morning (an hour later) feeling much more rested. I made it to bed on time last night and had NO trouble falling asleep. Just couldn't seem to get warm enough. Freezing my ass off last night for some reason.

As it turns out, I had a change in schedule, so I was able to make it to the gym last night afterall. We've picked up membership, and it was rather crowded, but because of the layout and the abundant choices of weights and machines, it never SEEMS crowded. I worked glutes, abs, and biceps last night, following with cardio, about 70 mins total. Trying to find a way to strength train three times a week while juggling work and the busy Christmas schedule. I can do this.

So slammed at work...what.in.the.world.is.up.with.this?

Better hit the shower...it's that time again. Here's to a good day.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #3698
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Your a busy woman!!! Have a good day today T
Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #3699

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Your a busy woman!!! Have a good day today T
Busy indeed...I need cloned!

And how are you, missy? Are you behaving yourself?
Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #3700

Driving to work this morning, I opted to listen to Michael Bolton's Christmas CD. It's one of my favorites -- because, well, first of all, he's got it goin' on, that sexy, over-the-top falsetto style that's all his. But I so adore his version of Santa Claus Is Coming to Town. What a way to start a day, jammin along with soulful MB to this song.

Made my commute a little more enjoyable. Step up the volume and let it go.

Good start for my day!

(And IMO both he and Whitney H step to the front of the line on Joy to the World.)

Continuing LC today, then one more tomorrow, then a high carb day on Saturday. So far, so good. Holding my own and feeling very controlled.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #3701
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: workingmomof3
Stats: 227/209/145 then we'll see
WOE: hcg
Start Date: R?P2 start 6/21/11 at 227
T-

Just gave myself an early Christmas present - Adele - Rolling in the Deep

check it out! Long story, short - my knee issue (was defintely barking up the wrong doctor tree) Well - after some serious inquiries (med device sale rep here) got a great referral and had surgery last week - my early Christmas presents are for my ability (long last - since Feb 2010) to 'get thee back to the gym' everyday I feel better!

Let me know what you think of the song... I love the 'throatyness'

Happy night!

Kim
Old 12-10-2010, 02:31 AM   #3702

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomof3 View Post
T-

Just gave myself an early Christmas present - Adele - Rolling in the Deep

check it out! Long story, short - my knee issue (was defintely barking up the wrong doctor tree) Well - after some serious inquiries (med device sale rep here) got a great referral and had surgery last week - my early Christmas presents are for my ability (long last - since Feb 2010) to 'get thee back to the gym' everyday I feel better!

Let me know what you think of the song... I love the 'throatyness'

Happy night!

Kim
Hey, Kim.

I checked her out, Adele? I hadn't heard Rolling in the Deep before, but I DO like it. I love her soulfulness. Throatiness, yes. She reminds me of a blend of Norah Jones and Joss Stone, both of whom I love, both who sing with their "souls," from their heart. I love discovering new artists. Thank you. I had heard her rendition of Make You Feel My Love a while back and had wondered who it was...she does a far better job with that song than the country singer who recorded it (I forget who, but I don't care for country, so go figure). I remember thinking, whoa...who is THAT? And then turning up the volume on the radio to listen more closely.

Now I KNOW who she is. I'm gonna dig a little deeper.

And yes, if you like Adele, check out Joss Stone. I have her Mind, Body and Soul CD, and although I like many of the songs, my favorites are Spoiled and Right to Be Wrong.

As for your surgery? I wanna hear more. I hope this resolves your knee issues once and for all and puts you back on the path of painfree living and "regular gym visits" asap. Please share with me more of the details. Happy healing to you.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #3703

Well, today is Friday. It's bittersweet. Happy that it's the end of the work week and I can relax tonight for a bit, but a little disappointed that I didn't lose any scale weight this week. Weighed this morning, same as last week.

Althought disappointing, I can't see it as any sort of failure, given my efforts and clean eating, so I'm attributing it to a few other variables, one being the onset of TOM (which is a bit late) and the other, just water fluks. On the other hand, I was incredibly hungry yesterday evening, and I ate far more than I should have. I tracked up until dinner, and then WHAM, the hungries hit and I couldn't stop them. So that could have had an effect on the SCALE weight as well.

On a brighter note, I feel/look leaner in the mirror, in my clothes, so I'm not letting a "jammed" scale daunt my efforts and focus. Not backing down, not giving in, not giving up, only GETTING up...I'm in this to win.

I am doing cardio this morning and the gym after work. Looking forward to a glass or two of wine after the gym, my favorite, Ergo, and hoping for a little R & R this evening. Shopping is on tap for tomorrow. Busy weekend ahead.

Quote:

Whatever a person's mind dwells on
intensely and with firm resolve,
that is exactly what he becomes.

~ Shankaracharya ~
Old 12-10-2010, 05:04 AM   #3704
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Friday, your right go by the way you look and feel the numbers will move down for you soon enough. I am hanging in there, nomore loseing for me until after xmas so I am trying to hang on to my losses thus far. Then crank it back up in the new year
Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #3705

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Happy Friday, your right go by the way you look and feel the numbers will move down for you soon enough. I am hanging in there, nomore loseing for me until after xmas so I am trying to hang on to my losses thus far. Then crank it back up in the new year
Yes, TBF, and to you...

Your choice to maintain status quo through the holidays is to be commended. That takes a lot of control. Trust in oneself.

That's a huge leap for me. That hog-wild carb-eating demon within me could do some ugly damage if given liberties.

I'm glad you're holding your own.

Rejoice...It's Friday.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:41 AM   #3706

I have spent time in the last few months exploring and researching information, inspiration and motivation from various sources. It's enlightening and uplifting for me to read from others' comments and journeys. I subscribe to various forums and blogs, and this morning, I stumbled across this "passage" from one blog that I follow, and it's just -- well, good stuff. I MUST borrow it for my LCF journal as well.

Such wisdom, insight, focus.

Quote:
Physical Strength

I don’t have time to lift, I make time.

"Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity.The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded." ~ Goethe

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince." ~ Vincent Lombardi

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott

As Arnold (Schwarzenegger) puts it, the rule is a very simple one, and one that can be applied to every relationship in your life. “A training partner who helps you make faster and better progress is a good one; a partner who holds you back in any way is a poor one.”

Old 12-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #3707

Monday morning.

Busy filled weekend, yet I was able to catch up on rest. Always a good thing.

Very cold and SNOWY this morning. Our schools are closed. Expecting a few more inches on top of what we have. I have a doc appt this morning at 9:30 close to my office, which normally takes about 30-35 mins for the commute. I'll need to allow extra time this morning. Hoping for hassle-free driving on the way in.

I had a high-carb day on Saturday, but was not able to track, just sort of guessed. Back to low carb Sunday and again today through Tuesday. Today will be cardio in a.m. and gym after work. The rest of the week, my evenings will be filled with commitments. My plan is to take Friday off so that I can get some last-minute things done before the weekend and also make it to the gym on Friday morning.

My son will be arriving back in the states from Germany on Sunday...flying into Pittsburg, where his brother will pick him up from the airport and they'll drive HOME FOR CHRISTMAS together....

Z is coming home!

I've gone "all out" with decorating this year to make the house as festive as possible for this special holiday homecoming. I love decorating for Christmas anyway, and now I have even more reason to Deck the Halls.

I only hope that the weather cooperates on Sunday so that he'll have no flight issues and their drive home will be a safe one.

It hurts when I think of Mom not being here for Christmas. That sadness resurfaces frequently. The holes left in our hearts when we lose those we love and care about are difficult to heal. Sometimes it's true pain, and even when suppressed, the ache is always present. When I begin to feel sad, I try to focus on what I have to be happy about, to be thankful for, and it helps to ease my pain.

Here's to a healthy, productive week.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #3708
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lisa46
Stats: 164/117/128 -- 5'4"
WOE: LC with balance
Start Date: Recommitted 4-18-06
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

Monday morning.

It hurts when I think of Mom not being here for Christmas. That sadness resurfaces frequently. The holes left in our hearts when we lose those we love and care about are difficult to heal. Sometimes it's true pain, and even when suppressed, the ache is always present. When I begin to feel sad, I try to focus on what I have to be happy about, to be thankful for, and it helps to ease my pain.

Dear T, my heart always aches for you when I read your posts about your mom. For you...

You can shed tears that she is gone,
Or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back,
Or you can open your eyes and see all she’s left.
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her,
Or you can be full of the love you shared.
You cam remember her only that she is gone,
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on. ~~ David Harkins
Old 12-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #3709

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
T

Im so glad your boys will be home with you. Mom (and her memories) will surround you all, her presence will be felt, if only in spirit.

Its very cold here in ga too!

Be safe on those roads today!

Old 12-13-2010, 05:40 AM   #3710
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eggshell1970
Stats: 20/11-12/6
So glad you will have the boys all there for Christmas. Your mom is with you though in heart and spirit. Huggs to you!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #3711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
"When I begin to feel sad, I try to focus on what I have to be happy about, to be thankful for, and it helps to ease my pain."

I'm so glad your boys will all be home this Christmas. I bet the house looks lovely! Your mom will be looking down on you all and smiling.

I love reading your posts about your sons. I hope I can be as a good a mom to my little guy as you are to yours!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #3712
Big Yapper!!!!

Lisa...that was beautiful!!!

T...Glad your boys will be home for xmas
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #3713

Lisa, Ileen, M, Dani, and TBF...I appreciate each of your comments. Wow. So sweet of all of you, like a warm blanket on a cold day.

You're all correct -- my sons being home for Christmas is where my focus is and will remain. It's what my mom would want, I'm sure.

Lisa, that poem is so lovely. (How I love poetry!)

You can shed tears that she is gone,
Or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back,
Or you can open your eyes and see all she’s left.
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her,
Or you can be full of the love you shared.
You cam remember her only that she is gone,
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

~~ David Harkins

I willl hold fast to these reminders -- I'll smile when I think of her life, I'll acknowledge all that she left behind, I'll allow her love (and our love we shared) to mend my broken heart, and I'll cherish each and every memory that surfaces as if it were only yesterday.

Wise words of healing. Thank you, Lisa.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #3714

Well, I found out this morning that my internet or network card in my laptop apparently is not working and needs replaced. I can't access the internet at the office, and wireless is not available at the office. Has to be wired internet. The tech repair guy was at my office earlier to troubleshoot. I'd had this same problem last week. The problem is my network card.

So since it's my personal laptop (we have to provide our own equipment), I'll have to either get a new one installed, figure out how to install it myself, or I'll likely be buying a new laptop. Mine is five years old anyway, and it's probably time to update to be on the safe side. I back up every day, but still...makes me nervous, the thoughts of a crash when I am responsible for the preservation and safekeeping of court records.

Oh, well...that means I can't access the internet at work until this is resolved. I need to access the internet for various reasons when working on transcripts, so I'll need to get this taken care of asap.

For right now, I've come home early to research some stuff I'll need.

Oh, boy.

At least I still have wireless.

Still snowing...gotta make it to the gym in a while. I desperately need some cardio.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:10 AM   #3715

Tuesday, Dec 14

I made it to the gym yesterday evening. How I needed the endorphins. Began with 10 mins cardio, then about 40 mins quads/hams/back, token triceps & abs, followed by 20 mins cardio. Always ending with stretching.

I left there renewed, refreshed, refocused, reenergized.

No time to get there again until Friday morning. Our Bunco Christmas party is tonight, singing practice (Carol of the Bells) tomorrow night, singing at the Republican Christmas party on Thursday night, Friday night dinner out with friends. The gym will have to wait till Friday morning.

Gotta figure out a way to make Dirt Balls between now and Sunday. All of my sons love them, and they were promised to them.

I've only managed to wrap ONE gift so far. I'd be fired if I was Santa's elf.

No idea if I'll be able to access internet at work today. Tried updating some drivers last night. We'll see if that helps any.

SO COLLLLLLD this morning. Schools announcing a two-hour delay. Since I have no docket today, I'll stay home long enough to take my son to school and then make the commute around 9:30.

I slept well last night. Thankfully. But too many dreams.

Having coffee, gonna throw in some cardio, and my day begins.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #3716

This song is so beautiful...well done, Enya...

Nature
Serenades
Night

Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #3717

WED DEC 15 2010

Medium day in carb rotations. Noticeably more balanced and satisfied by lunchtime than in the three days previous. It's funny how long term LC/VLC ends up disrupting my internal sense of balance and satiety.

I've often wondered if that's just how I'm wired, it-is-what-it-is, or if it's because of my regular workouts and the intensity with which I strength train. I've read where some people do fine long term on LC/VLC while strength training, esp after their bodies "adjust" to ketosis. I'll do fine for a while, but at some point my body starts to rebel and I just can't seem to get full (and it actually begins to affect my moods, promoting, uh....irritability?) So. I've learned with time that that usually means it's time for a carb up day, either to medium or to high, calm that monster down and feed the muscles.

Today my carbs have been pumpkin, oats, Ezekiel bread, LC tortilla, sweet potato. Lean protein, lower fat and spinach added to that.

Ready to do some cardio and a bit of Callanetics before showering and heading out. Back to LC for the next couple of days.

MED DAY TOTALS:

CALS........1580
PROT.........164
CARBS.......115
FIBER..........29
FAT............54

Old 12-16-2010, 02:14 AM   #3718

Sent to me in an email...

Old 12-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #3719

Winter Wonderland

It's pouring the snow. I arrived at my office about 20 mins ago. Traffic was crawling along, wary travelers making their commute into the city. All those years of living and driving in the mountains have served me well; I am rarely daunted in my snowy travels.

I stepped off the elevator, keying in my security and into our suite, to find no one else at work ... just me! Dedicated worker that I am! Fine with me. I started a pot of coffee, lit candles, Christmas lights, and cranked up the Christmas carols...and I will work in spirited solitude as the snow piles up outside. Works for me.

If I get my work done by noon, I'll walk over to the mall and do a little Christmas shopping, run errands.

It's beautiful out. The snow blankets the earth in festive silence.

I got coffee, a pumpkin muffin, my LC lunch. I'm all set.

"...Sense of joy fills the air
And I daydream and I stare
Up at the tree and I see
Your star up there

And this is how I see you
In the snow on Christmas morning
Love and happiness surround you
As you throw your arms up to the sky
I keep this moment by and by..."

Wintersong

Old 12-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #3720
Big Yapper!!!!

T...Enjoy your day at work, it sounds homely in a strange way with the lights, coffee, and carols fun lol I am sitting here looking out the window and watching the snow beat it down, it is lovely to watch, only when I am inside and dont have to leave of course!!!
Closed Thread