Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #3571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Thanks, on the pic comments, guys.

Checking in quicklly from my seminar...just left the hospitality gathering. We had dinner earlier at the main mansion, authentic German cuisine, very delightful.

I've had (a few) glasses of wine tonight....:blush:...but to my defense, I've had very little "off plan" foods today, and calories are likely very low.

This place IS SO BEAUTIFUL! OMG.....WHAT A TREAT TO BE HERE.

Breathtaking views, the rooms are TO DIE FOR beautiful, and quaint history abounds all around...just a delightful setting for an otherwise boring educational seminar.

I highly recommend this place for travelers who happen their way into the eastern panhandle of West Virginia.

Lovely.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #3572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hi Twyla!

Just wanted to check in here to see how you're doing, hon. Sounds like things are going well for you. Is Zach in the military? I used to live in Germany (I'm an Army brat) and loved it. I'm sure that Zach will too.

I love that photo of you!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #3573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Hi Twyla!

Just wanted to check in here to see how you're doing, hon. Sounds like things are going well for you. Is Zach in the military? I used to live in Germany (I'm an Army brat) and loved it. I'm sure that Zach will too.

I love that photo of you!

Hey, Laura.

Yes, things are going well. I'm flying "auto pilot" these days, thanks to all the knowlege I've gained from the past two years under the guidance of friends and from Btinc.

I'm staying on plan both with nutrition and exercise/training, tracking my nutrition daily and logging my workouts in my diary -- all for accountability.

The rewards are endless. I'll leave it at that.

Zach? No, not the military. He is a foreign language major, and he's spent the last year in Japan and will now be spending the next year (or nearly that) in Germany, his two majors being Japanese and German, after which he'll graduate.

He's done very well with his GPA and academic achievements to have earned his way via scholarships for these opportunities.

Very proud of him.

Tomorrow will finish up my last day of my seminar (THursday), and I have stayed on plan THE ENTIRE TIME. (with the exception of nightly red wine indulgences) I've been tempted with homemade desserts and delicacies and truffles, etc. etc. etc, but I've resisted and I am glad that I have. I will go home guilt-free. Many of my colleagues are complaining about afternoon "comas," from the tempting afternoon carb-fests. It's been tough to say no, but I try to look beyond for the BIG PICTURE.

I packed well -- whey protein and other legal snacks -- so I've had alternatives to keep me full and satisfied.

It's a choice. It will always be a choice. It's what I do. It's who I am.

A group of us went to dinner tonight to the quaint downtown district, and we ate at this wonderful little Italian restaurant. I had salmon and sauteed spinach, steamed green beans, and one slice of yummy homemade bread....and .... uh.... wine. First Pinot Noir, finishing with a couple glasses of Spanish red tempranillo. Great evening, lots of fun, laughs, comraderie.

Ready to hit the sheets for shut-eye

Night, world.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #3574

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
sounds like a wonderful evening out!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #3575

Back home again from my trip to the beautiful Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

I give it 5 stars on all accounts, and I definitely will plan a return visit. Some of my colleagues had gas fireplaces and large marble jacuzzis in their rooms, but all of the rooms were very luxurious, spacious, VERY tastefully decorated and inviting, thirsty bath robes, bowls of fruit and special touches, breathtaking views, German authenticity... Just the tops.

Sharing some pics from my visit.

The Bavarian Inn - The Mansion and Dining Room

Lovely, luxurious rooms

My view of The Potomac from my balcony

Old World painted murals on the chalets (this one was mine)

Relaxing private balconies overlooking The Potomac

Sunrise - My last day, just before my morning walk

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 10-08-2010 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #3576
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Oh that place looks stunning really beautiful, and wow them views are breathtaking!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #3577

TBF, INDEED, INDEED.

ShawnaLeigh, regarding your comment on my Callanetics gallery pics:

(I couldn't figure out where to find your comment on the boards -- just saw it on my email alert -- so I'm posting answer here)

About Callanetics: Highly recommend it to anyone/everyone. I did not have an instructor. Began as a rookie with the 10 Years Younger in Ten Hours, graduating to Super Callanetics after several hours behind my belt. It is so very effective for strengthening and slimming and promoting wonderful flexibility and posture. I still do it about twice a week.

As for the weight loss, I lost the weight in those photos from a combo of Callanetics (3 or 4 x a week), cardio (30 mins, 3-4 x a week), and low carbing, keeping cals around 1400-1500 avg.

Everyone who knows me well knows I will always be an advocate of Callanetics. A class would be great, but you can do well with the DVD's also. Either the ones I mentioned (Super is for advanced), or the Callanetics Evolution, which is more up to date and explains the concepts of the workout in a more comprehensive and precise way.

Best of luck to you.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:57 AM   #3578
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Twyla, the inn is gorgeous!! I'm loving this time of year here in the south... fantastic temps, leaves are turning ...

Also, you must be so proud of your son.

And, gorgeous picture of you (as always)

I have a quick question for you. You know those no-bake protein bars in the Oxygen mag? Did yours look like the ones in the picture?? I used a small square pan, but mine are really thin. I would have to double or maybe even triple the recipe for them to look like they do in the magazine picture.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #3579

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
another to second those georgeous in pictures! id have a hard time leaving!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #3580

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl01 View Post
Twyla, the inn is gorgeous!! I'm loving this time of year here in the south... fantastic temps, leaves are turning ...

Also, you must be so proud of your son.

And, gorgeous picture of you (as always)

I have a quick question for you. You know those no-bake protein bars in the Oxygen mag? Did yours look like the ones in the picture?? I used a small square pan, but mine are really thin. I would have to double or maybe even triple the recipe for them to look like they do in the magazine picture.
Angie, thanks...and about the bars. Funny you should mention it, was just getting ready to make some for the road. I'll be ON THE ROAD AGAIN today, headed to PA for the FB game.

Yes, mine are skinnier than the picture. I use an 8x8 pan also. But I cut mine into squares and wrap them in plastic wrap, then put THOSE in a ziploc and freeze them, and that way I know exactly what/how much I'm eating and can exercise, ah-hm, portion control. :blush: They're just too damn good.

I'll try to remember to post a pic of mine tomorrow afternoon when I'll have more time. Driving back late tonight.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #3581

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
another to second those georgeous in pictures! id have a hard time leaving!
Ileen, my thoughts EXACTLY as I was packing it up, driving away.

I thought to myself: How could I arrange a few extra days here? Would they miss me at work? Could I find a sub? etc., etc., etc.

So worn out yesterday though, that I ended up taking a COMA nap right after lunch. I ran intervals yesterday morning. Could tell I was low on energy then. Had actually planned to hit the gym last night, but no way...zero energy and just needed rest. So I resisted.

Cardio this morning, then showered, getting ready to leave for PA.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow I go to the gym.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #3582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
That inn is gorgeous!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend T!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #3583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eggshell1970
Stats: 20/11-12/6
Could you be anymore more beautiful.... Stunning!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:17 AM   #3584
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Twyla
Hope your weekend was wonderful. The location certainly looked romantic and old world- love it. the pic of you on the beach- stunning!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggshell1970 View Post
Could you be anymore more beautiful.... Stunning!
How sweet.

My eyes popped when I saw your pic. (SHE'S BACK!) Where have you been, M? I really miss you. I'm gonna start following you around like a shadow. You stay put this time, hear me?

How are you? I want details.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:53 AM   #3586

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi Twyla
Hope your weekend was wonderful. The location certainly looked romantic and old world- love it. the pic of you on the beach- stunning!
Hi, Lola.
Yes, the time spent at The Bavarian Inn in WV was quite a treat.
And you're right, oozing with Old World romance and ambiance, views, all of it.
Just a wonderful place to visit/experience.

Thank you re- the beach pic.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:54 AM   #3587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post
That inn is gorgeous!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend T!

Dani... Fabulous avi ya got there. I need to visit and get an update on your mommyhood progress.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 AM   #3588

Catching up. The past few days I have not felt like myself. I've tried to suppress it and push ahead, but I have felt a HUGE difference in the way I feel, energy, overall focus, etc. I had begun to get a slight cold on the way home from Shepherdstown. That may have something to do with it. I think it's a combo of that and other things. Bottom line, my energy is in the toilet and has been since Friday. I'm beginning to feel the signs/onset of TOM, like I need THAT added to the equation.

I slept in yesterday morning and again this morning. I didn't feel like going to the gym yesterday, but I'm gonna try to go this morning. Keep it on the light side. I have to snap out of this FUNK I'm in. I hate feeling this way. Gotta get myself back on track and back to feeling like my old self.

I am being paged....

More later.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #3589

So.

Whatever the hell this is, I've gotta get over it. I do NOT like feeling this way. It even has a profound effect on my overall mood, mindset, etc. In short, I'm probably not very much fun to be around. (That's a politically correct way of saying it)

I've gotten to see both sons play football this weekend. Gavin's team won; Colton's team was ahead (very tough opponent) 12-0 at halftime, and the opponent didn't score until the end of the third quarter, then they ended up beating us. Colton scored the first touchdown at his game and had a hugely successful game overall, lots of tackles, and just played hard and well. Very proud of him. He's starting to GET this football thing.

Okay. Now it's my turn to kick butt. I'm headed to the gym. I have an agenda today.

I will be back later and visit others. I'm hungry for MOTIVATION AND COMRADERIE. Support boards are a wonderful thing.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl01 View Post
Angie, here's a pic of the protein oatmeal no-bakes I made. Shows their relative thickness vs. the picture in Oxygen. These are sooooooo yummy!

No-Bake Protein Bars
(Oxygen Magazine) 8 servings

2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup natural PB
4 scoops protein powder (vanilla or cookies&cream flavors work best)
1 Tbs ground flaxseeds
2 packets Stevia (Twyla's tweak)
1/2 cup water

Line square baking pan with wax paper. Spread dough into pan using a spatula. (Optional: Spread a thin layer of PB on top)

Freeze for 30 mins. Remove from freezer. Cut into bars. (I individually wrap mine in Glad Wrap then place in ziploc, grab one or two when needed from the frig or freezer)

(I cut mine into 16 bars.)

Old 10-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #3591

Made it to the gym this morning.

I had a serving of Gaspari's SuperPump 250 before I went (for good measure), considering I've been so wiped out lately.

Had a very decent high volume, high intensity workout. 10 mins cardio warmup, 50 mins lifting (legs/glutes/abs/delts), 15 mins cardio followup.

Felt like A DIFFERENT WOMAN when I left the gym.

Now THAT'S what I'M talking about!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #3592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eggshell1970
Stats: 20/11-12/6
Sent you a PM... goign to start a new journal on here tomorrow will link it then. This is a start of another journey for me. The last one gave me strength and I learned discipline in my lifting with p90x. Now its time to shake it up and move around some with some more lifting and cardio and callan or bar method. I have to get that motivation back and remember I am no good to anyone if I am not taking care of myself.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:35 AM   #3593

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggshell1970 View Post
Sent you a PM... goign to start a new journal on here tomorrow will link it then. This is a start of another journey for me. The last one gave me strength and I learned discipline in my lifting with p90x. Now its time to shake it up and move around some with some more lifting and cardio and callan or bar method. I have to get that motivation back and remember I am no good to anyone if I am not taking care of myself.

Yes, M, you are right. YOU MUST MAKE YOURSELF AND YOUR GOALS A PRIORITY.

Take charge of your life. Let the challenge begin IN YOUR MIND. Make sure you are focusing on WHAT COUNTS.

Do not compromise when it comes to your health and fitness. When we are healthy and fit, it affects EVERY OTHER area of our lives in a very positive way; and to the contrary, when we're not, the other areas of our lives suffer as well. It just cannot be negotiable.

I sent you a PM, and I will visit you in your journal often.

You have made the first step. Keep going... ONWARD.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:38 AM   #3594

I was reading last night and found this great quote -- I remember reading it once before -- and it really struck deep this time with me. It hit that "hell yeah" chord within me.

Sharing it for inspiration to myself and to anyone else it speaks to:

Now. Off to begin my morning run.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #3595
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
have a great week!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #3596

Let the GOOD TIMES roll!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #3597

Good morning, world.

Today is my run day, and when I was walking downstairs this morning to make coffee, I peeked out to see if it was still raining, in case I needed to go to
Plan B. From the streetlight, I could see the streets were only slightly wet. No rain.

There was lightening and thunder and rain last night as I was getting into bed. I opened the window in the middle of the night to let in fresh air, and it was still raining then. Soothing sounds...put me right back to sleep.

Well-alright-then. Run day it is.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:15 AM   #3598

Thursday, October 14

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Life has to be a little nuts sometimes.
Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together.

- Beau Burroughs, "Rumor Has It"

Old 10-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #3599

It's Friday. The week seems to have gone by quickly.

My run yesterday morning was great. Dripping from head to toe and spent to the core when I returned.

I'll begin today with Super Callanetics, my second session for the week. I'll have some time this evening to get to the gym -- life has really cramped my style lately -- and hopefully again on Sunday evening.

Being this busy really takes a toll. Squeezing out time for exercise is the one way of keeping sane and keeping my mood elevated.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #3600
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Twyla. Don't you just love the rain!
I love the smells of wet grass and leaves and heat rising off the ground after a rain. It's invigorating and renews my soul.
How many miles do you run at a time?
Closed Thread