Old 09-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #3541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird11 View Post
You're not alone ~ I need to make a List of ALL of my lists!! lol

Yes, and some weeks require more tedious lists than others. And THIS week is one of those weeks.

I've begun my list, and checking things off as I go. Gonna try to make use of every single minute.

Work has been INCREDIBLY busy lately. Ya never know with my work; it's very cyclical and no rhyme or reason to it. I just try to hang on tight and ride it out.

Last night I went for a run rather late. I had been traveling all afternoon and was very stiff, maybe not feeling my best, and the run did me a world of good. I love a little cardio in the evening, followed by a shower and then a wind-down for a few minutes before crashing.

Hope to make it to the gym this evening at SOME point for a mix of a little bit LB and a little bit back/biceps. The Callanetics this morning seemed to be exactly what I needed.

I was asked by a colleague today if I would help her lose her last 10-14 lbs of baby weight. I was somewhat honored that she would ask ME. We talked a little, hit some highlights, and we plan to touch base a couple times a week as she narrows her game plan. It's gratifying to me, and it will be fun watching her meet her goals.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 02:36 AM   #3542

Sharing a picture of post-game pride from Saturday's game. We won, 59/21, so it wasn't really an exciting game, but oh, well, it was fun to watch him play again. I'm holding the sign I made for my contribution to our cheering section--gotta have SPIRIT!

I made it to the gym last night for some LB and biceps, and about 20 mins of cardio, about an hour all told. Felt good. My next trip to the gym will be Thursday.

Today is a cardio day, early morning run; tomorrow is Callanetics, cardio, abs.

Spent last night after returning from the gym making zucchini bread for sons Z & G. They're still out of pumpkin in our stores here locally (their favorite), so I made z. bread instead. My pumpkin bread is on "backorder."

I just had a small square of my oatmeal protein no-bakes (Oxygen recipe) with coffee, and I'm raring to go for my morning run. These are so yummy, and the perfect "endurance/energy" workout snack.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:30 AM   #3543
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
What a great picture, your son is very handsome but then having a mother like you it is a given!! Loving the sign you make a stunning cheer leader
Old 09-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #3544
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
I was asked by a colleague today if I would help her lose her last 10-14 lbs of baby weight. I was somewhat honored that she would ask ME. We talked a little, hit some highlights, and we plan to touch base a couple times a week as she narrows her game plan. It's gratifying to me, and it will be fun watching her meet her goals.
SMART Woman (to ask U for help!) ~ here's the start of your 2nd Career!

Quote:
I just had a small square of my oatmeal protein no-bakes (Oxygen recipe) with coffee, and I'm raring to go for my morning run. These are so yummy, and the perfect "endurance/energy" workout snack.
care to share da Recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
What a great picture, your son is very handsome but then having a mother like you it is a given!! Loving the sign you make a stunning cheer leader

Double Ditto!

Last edited by hummingbird11; 09-21-2010 at 08:55 AM..
Old 09-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #3545

Thank you, TBF and HB.

HB, I'll dig up that recipe for you and post it a little later on tonight.

It's a yummy, easy keeper. I make them ahead, cut, wrap individually and freeze. Great for travel and on-the-go....gotta love on-the-go stuff, right?

Later.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #3546

Okay, here's the no-bake recipe. I thought sure I had posted this in my journal or somewhere on the boards, but I now remember I had emailed it to a friend. Here goes, along with the addition of my personal "tweak" which IMO makes them much better.

My version serves 16 because I cut them smaller.

No-Bake Protein Bars

(Oxygen Magazine) 8 servings

2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup natural PB
4 scoops protein powder (vanilla or cookies&cream flavors work best)
1 Tbs ground flaxseeds
2 packets Stevia (Twyla's tweak)
1/2 cup water

Line square baking pan with wax paper. Spread dough into pan using a spatula. (Optional: Spread a thin layer of PB on top)

Freeze for 30 mins. Remove from freezer. Cut into bars.

Nut per svg: Cals 230, Fat 10g, Carbs 21g, Fiber 4g, Sugar 3g, Protein 15g, Iron 2mg

Old 09-22-2010, 12:38 AM   #3547
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Twyla - love popping in here. You have these delish sounding snack foods everytime. Yummy. Great work with the organising.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #3548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Quote:

Thank you, Lord.
You are faithful and good.

This has been a lesson taught once before, but obviously it didn't stick. Clearly I need to get better organized........ Biggest understatement of the century.

I WILL make a list of all that I need to accomplish today and this week. Good start.

I love this T, and I needed it too.....
Old 09-22-2010, 03:44 AM   #3549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
T... Nice pic with your son ... Handsome fella ...
Old 09-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #3550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
T... Nice pic with your son ... Handsome fella ...

Wellllll, thankyaverymuch, Deb!

Love my boys!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 AM   #3551
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pixiegirl01
Stats: 155/122(134)/119 - 5'2" (43YO)
WOE: Low Carb Babyyyyyyy!
Start Date: 04/17/2006
Hi Twyla!

Just popping by. Gorgeous pics of you and your pup And a very handsome man you have for a son there.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #3552
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
YUM! Thanks!

Quote:
Okay, here's the no-bake recipe. I thought sure I had posted this in my journal or somewhere on the boards, but I now remember I had emailed it to a friend. Here goes, along with the addition of my personal "tweak" which IMO makes them much better.

My version serves 16 because I cut them smaller.

No-Bake Protein Bars

(Oxygen Magazine) 8 servings

2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup natural PB
4 scoops protein powder (vanilla or cookies&cream flavors work best)
1 Tbs ground flaxseeds
2 packets Stevia (Twyla's tweak)
1/2 cup water

Line square baking pan with wax paper. Spread dough into pan using a spatula. (Optional: Spread a thin layer of PB on top)

Freeze for 30 mins. Remove from freezer. Cut into bars.

Nut per svg: Cals 230, Fat 10g, Carbs 21g, Fiber 4g, Sugar 3g, Protein 15g, Iron 2mg

Old 09-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #3553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Just stopping in to say
Old 09-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #3554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Looking mighty fine as always....

Along with a few others I've really missed you...really..!

G x
Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #3555

Hey Angie, HB, Dani and....G??? My, you've been AWOL, woman.

Speaking of AWOL, The last several days, and, as it turns out, the next SEVERAL more days, life has been and will be incredibly hectic for me, and getting to the gym will be quite the challenge. Not good for ME.

I was out of town Thurs through late Sunday this past week. I'll be leaving early Saturday morning (my biggest gym day, so that's two Saturdays I've missed in a row) to go to PA to see Son 2 play football; the next morning, Sunday, taking Son 1 to the Pittsburgh airport, when he leaves for Germany...already????..., and possibly staying the night in Pittsburgh before driving to Shepherdstown, WV, for a CE conference next week. I would carve off drive time to the conference if I stayed in Pittsburgh rather than drive home Sunday, then back to the conference on Monday evening. It's a 5+ hour drive from home.

I've missed Son 3's last two football games due to other conflicts......and now I'll miss another game because I won't be able to make it back in time on Sunday afternoon to see his game, having to get Son 1 to the Pittsburgh airport on Sunday.

I feel like one of those mime jugglers--one who doesn't, uh, do such a good job at it, that is.

I can't be everywhere at once, I realize that. So I have to sacrifice here and there, and it isn't fun, but it is what it is. After next week is over, hopefully the dust will settle a bit.

We began a jury trial yesterday (another one!), and I am rather loaded up with transcripts as it is. I guess I'll have lots of extra time in the evenings at my conference and I can take it with me and get some work done then. Too bad I can't use that time working out at the gym. I MIGHT make it to the gym once or twice this week before leaving next week. Hopefully they'll have some sort of fitness room that I can at least get in some cardio each day.

Every evening for the past several days and in the next several days is just flat jam-packed with obligations...and it's taking a toll on my coping mechanisms. When I don't get to work out, I'm not nearly as pleasant to be around.

LIFE. We take it as it comes, I suppose.

At least I have my morning time each day this week to get in some cardio and/or Callanetics, ab work.
Maybe I'll use my garage for some training one morning this week.
Somehow I'll figure it all out....

What a ride.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #3556
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny Beach
Stats: 183/166.5/143
WOE: Low-carb + IF
Start Date: August 2010
Hey Twyla... so good to hear from you! Not so good to hear how hectic things have been though (and that you had to say goodbye to your boy... I hate airport farewells)

Every now and then all our commitments seem to 'gang up' on us at once, don't they... Still, I'm glad to hear that you're doing your best to prioritise and not spread yourself too thin, as that doesn't do anyone any good - least of all yourself (speaking from personal experience here!)

Take care, and don't go falling off that merry-go-round!

The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret... sometimes you have to choose!

Allies Exercising Around the World Challenge - November
Old 09-29-2010, 02:20 AM   #3557

Good morning, world, and Sunny.

I made it through yesterday without "falling off the ride." A full day of courtroom testimony, then hit the highway for home. My Tuesday evening commitment had cancelled, so that left me with an opportunity to get to the gym. I decided to do a higher intensity circuit along with cardio, rather than my typical split routine. I worked legs, delts and triceps, but superset style, only enough rest as necessary. Hopefully I can make it back over there on Friday, my last gym workout till NEXT Friday.

Amazing what a little powering up can do for one's soul.

I felt far better when I returned home than when I left. And I slept well last night.

My oldest son is still home with us until we say "see ya later" this coming Sunday. I am making an early mini Thanksgiving dinner for him tonight (turkey, gr beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls -- his favorite) as one of my last "heart hugs" to him till he returns. Still hoping to make pumpkin bread, if I can find canned pumpkin...maybe I'll have time to shop on my lunch hour?

Since yesterday morning was Callanetics followed by 10 mins on the ellip, this morning I'm going for a run. Waiting for my brain to communicate with my body, then off I go...

Old 09-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #3558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny Beach
Stats: 183/166.5/143
WOE: Low-carb + IF
Start Date: August 2010
Hey T Sorry, I didn't read your last post right... how nice you still have your son home for the rest of the week - and how sweet are you for making his favorite dinner! My Mum's roast dinners are still my favourite food

I just have to say - it's so motivating for me to read your journal and see how you always make time for exercise... I figure, if super-busy Twyla can fit in all her exercise, then I can too!

Hey, not being able to get to the gym for the coming week might not be so bad, I think I read in "The New Rules of Lifting" (sorry can't remember the author) they recommend taking a week off very now and then? Anyway - I'm sure you'll pick up where you left off no problem!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #3559
Big Yapper!!!!

Enjoy your early mini Thanksgiving meal
Old 09-30-2010, 02:26 AM   #3560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Beach View Post
Hey T Sorry, I didn't read your last post right... how nice you still have your son home for the rest of the week - and how sweet are you for making his favorite dinner! My Mum's roast dinners are still my favourite food

I just have to say - it's so motivating for me to read your journal and see how you always make time for exercise... I figure, if super-busy Twyla can fit in all her exercise, then I can too!

Hey, not being able to get to the gym for the coming week might not be so bad, I think I read in "The New Rules of Lifting" (sorry can't remember the author) they recommend taking a week off very now and then? Anyway - I'm sure you'll pick up where you left off no problem!
Sunny, I hope that my meal warmed his heart in the way you've alluded. I WAS able to get canned pumpkin (insert chorus of angels) and made him his favorite pumpkin bread as well. I hesitate making him "off-plan" food, because he works so hard at keeping his weight off--such a huge leap for him. In fact, just a few days ago he ran 10 miles . And to think he could hardly climb our stairs w/o getting winded one year ago.

I'm honored that you're inspired by my addiction to exercise. As I was discussing with colleagues just yesterday, I suppose it's better to have THAT kind of addiction than some others I can think of.

You're right about the rest from training. You're right, right, right. The only negative to that is all the sitting I'll be doing in classes all day, and all the driving. If I was up moving around, doing other things but just not getting to work out, it would be easier on me. It's inherited; I get that from my grandmother, who passed it to my loving mother (God how I miss her so), and now to me. "Gotta move it." Branded on our brains.

But backatcha...reading your progress inspires me as well. Bet on it.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:28 AM   #3561

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Enjoy your early mini Thanksgiving meal
Mission accomplished, pretty lady.

(Lovin that FUN new avatar ya got there!)

Old 09-30-2010, 02:36 AM   #3562

I'm so excited: I discovered this WONDERFUL new candle yesterday, enthusiastically recommended by the sales clerk, called Hot Maple Toddy, by "The Candleberry." Move over, Yankee. Ya got some major competition!

This is TO DIE FOR. OMG. I have no words. I am gonna go back and purchase the last two on their shelf and beg them to order more.

Candles lift my mood, make my heart smile, blanket me with warm fuzzies. Love, love my candles. But it's the GOOD ones that really get the job done. This one is amazing.

Feeling beloved DOMS in my triceps, hams and inner thighs, it having begun to set in as early as last night.

I'm gonna make it to the gym today for biceps and back, then on Friday for more lower body and abs.

Yesterday morning's run was fantastic. Love this time of year. My energy surges and I feel like I could run forever.

Cardio again this morning: Callanetics and power walking.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #3563
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth
Good morning Twyla!
Just popping . I'm so sorry for what you've been and you'll be through in these days.I totally understand you when you say
Quote:
I can't be everywhere at once, I realize that. So I have to sacrifice here and there, and it isn't fun, but it is what it is. After next week is over, hopefully the dust will settle a bit.
but I'm sure your sons appreciate every effort you do to be as present as possible, and your younger one knows that you're busy because of his older brothers, in the same way the older knew you were too busy for them when son 3 was too little and required constant attention. It's not a matter of quantity but of quality and I'm sure you spend a very good quality time with every son you've been blessed with.
Btw, what a handsome boy you have! I may be wrong, but from what I'm given to see, he takes after you a bit, you're a lucky Mum!

Quote:
Sunday, taking Son 1 to the Pittsburgh airport, when he leaves for Germany...already????...,
Think it this way: you'll always be with him because you're part of each other! Distance is just a mental obstacle, in my opinion.
I know your weekend will be busy, but I wish you a very good one, you'll make the most of it!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Patience is the companion of wisdom.(Saint Augustine)
Old 10-01-2010, 07:29 AM   #3564
Big Yapper!!!!

Thankyou, that was taken last weekend on a booze up with the girls, am glad the meal went well, that candle sounds lovely, I love scented candles Happy Friday!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #3565

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth View Post
Good morning Twyla!
Just popping . I'm so sorry for what you've been and you'll be through in these days.I totally understand you when you say
but I'm sure your sons appreciate every effort you do to be as present as possible, and your younger one knows that you're busy because of his older brothers, in the same way the older knew you were too busy for them when son 3 was too little and required constant attention. It's not a matter of quantity but of quality and I'm sure you spend a very good quality time with every son you've been blessed with.
Btw, what a handsome boy you have! I may be wrong, but from what I'm given to see, he takes after you a bit, you're a lucky Mum!

Think it this way: you'll always be with him because you're part of each other! Distance is just a mental obstacle, in my opinion.
I know your weekend will be busy, but I wish you a very good one, you'll make the most of it!

Ellie, thank you....and by the way, you READ me well. A good weekend to you as well, friend.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #3566

We won our game last night, (Son # 2), big win, so again, not an exciting game, but fun to watch in any event. He gets double and triple teamed constantly, and it seems unfair, but he actually loves it, the challenge of it, the whole BRING-IT-ON 'cause I know how to kick ass thing. Love that kid!

Dinner out with the whole family late last night. Good for the brothers to be together before Z leaves for Germany. Crashed into bed.

After I take Son 1 to the airport this morning () I'll have the day to myself. I may shop a little, maybe take a nap late this afternoon, read, and at some point I plan to go to the football field track to get a power walk and running intervals in. I forgot my stopwatch for the intervals, but I'll make do. I have all my gear otherwise, good to go.

I downloaded some new tunes for my MP3 before leaving home -- I like keeping new and fresh tunes:

All I Want is You - U2
One - U2
Broken - Seether (w/Amy)
Dance & Shout - Shaggy
Angel - Shaggy

I'll spend the night here tonight I suppose and then drive over to WV tomorrow midday sometime for my seminar. Lots of free time between now and late tomorrow afternoon when I check in there.

Hmmm....what kind of trouble can I get into........???

Old 10-03-2010, 06:25 AM   #3567

Surbhi!

Got your PM....miss you too, my friend. Get your butt back in gear and keep it here.

No more AWOL...got that?

Old 10-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #3568

Sunday night, ready for bed.

Managed to get in 40 mins of cardio today. Yeah!

Winding down for bed. I will do Callanetics in the morning before I check out and head east for my seminar.

It's been a good day. I saw my son off (lump in throat) with a little more ease this time than when he left for Japan. He's a man. He's matured so much in the past year. Quite the traveler, he's gotten to be. So proud of him. But (lump in throat) I still miss him. I'm a mom. I'm allowed.

He told me he was going to get a bike as soon as he could arrange it, once he arrives there so that he can explore with ease and keep up with his exercise. He wants to begin training to run a marathon in the spring while there. Way to rock it, Z!

As I lay my head on the pillow tonight, I can rest a little easier. I know he'll be fine.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:22 AM   #3569
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow that picture is absolutely stunning!!Glad Zack's send of went well hugs for mom
Old 10-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #3570

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
G'Mornin'

that is such an awesome picture.

Crazy busy here too being back to school.. Im teaching two yrs.. quite a bit of change from 3yo's.. CUTE as buttons and tiring!
Closed Thread