LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #3511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Thanks, again, you guys.

Ileen, you're welcome.

Went to see Going The Distance tonight. I don't mind seeing movies alone. (I really don't! Is that weird?) Laughed my *ss off. It was mostly funny, sad at times, very romantic. Cute. Great chick flick, but IMO, guys would like it too because it was just FUNNY! Like, guy-crude-humor kind of funny much of the time.

So glad I went. So very glad I went. I'd see it again.

One of many funny scenes..."jug of wine," ????

IMDb Video: Going The Distance

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-06-2010 at 06:58 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #3512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Beach View Post

Great post! Apart from when I'm riding my bike outside, I also love working out to electronic music (all kinds of music, actually - except the dreaded country... and not a fan of heavy metal). My all-time favourites for trance are Paul van Dyk (of course! 'Reflections' is such a great album) and Tiesto... I also like Chicane (more ambient).... also anything mixed by John '00' Fleming is also great (esp. the White Label Republic album he mixed). I also enjoy some Liquid Drum & Bass: faves are Adam F and LTJ Bukem. 'Journey Inwards' is one of my favourite albums! I would really like to find some more 'uplifting' trance but there's so much out there, I don't know where to start.

Please share your new (and favourite) electronic music finds with us... I'm always on the lookout for something new to add to the collection!
Sunny B, I am SO GLAD to find someone who enjoys trance/electronic music.... One of my favorite groups: Ulrich Schnauss, and I have two songs from U.S.:

Wherever You Are
A Million Miles Away

The two most recent I downloaded (yesterday) are:

In and Out of Love - Armin Van Buuren
Chasing Love - Maor Levi

I will definitely do a search on the groups/songs you've mentioned. I would love to exchange playlist suggestions with you. Trance/electronic is great for running and/or cardio. This is great. Glad you have an interest in it too!

Later this week I'll dig a little deeper into my repertoire and list some others I've discovered.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #3513

Quote:
Great post! Apart from when I'm riding my bike outside, I also love working out to electronic music
(all kinds of music, actually - except the dreaded country... and not a fan of heavy metal).

AGREED.

My all-time favourites for trance are Paul van Dyk (of course! 'Reflections' is such a great album) and Tiesto.......

Please share your new (and favourite) electronic music finds with us... I'm always on the lookout for something new to add to the collection!
Okay, I just went to Amazon and listened to clips of Paul Van Dyk's Reflections CD. I find it helpful to also try to hunt down each song on YouTube so that I can scan through the entire song before purchasing it. Listening to only a clip isn't as helpful. I've bought songs from a clip before, and found out after listening THROUGH them that they had rap (or whatever) in them at the end that just ruined the whole song.

My favorites on the Reflections CD:

Crush (listened on YouTube)
Reflections
Connected
Spellbound

Just remembered two more that I esp like that I've downloaded:

Jason Nevins: All I Ever Wanted, (DJ Alex Extended Mix); and Feel Your Love, (Extended Mix)

I'm anxious to listen to the other artists you've recommended.

Thanks again, Sunny.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 AM   #3514

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

Went to see Going The Distance tonight. I don't mind seeing movies alone. (I really don't! Is that weird?) Laughed my *ss off. It was mostly funny, sad at times, very romantic. Cute. Great chick flick, but IMO, guys would like it too because it was just FUNNY! Like, guy-crude-humor kind of funny much of the time.
Editing to add -------- Warning: I should re-emphasize, there was crude language throughout, and yes, that got a little old, not necessary, etc.

But still, cute, funny romantic comedy.

I assumed it was a typical chick flick romantic comedy, and I thought my husband would be bored with it, but in retrospect, I was wrong.

Still give it a thumbs up.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #3515
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Twyla I love your new avi. Magnificent!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #3516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny Beach
Stats: 183/166.5/143
WOE: Low-carb + IF
Start Date: August 2010
Heya

Thank you so much for the music recs! I've never heard of Ulrich Schnauss - I will definitely be checking them out And Armin - how could I forget Armin!! I know exactly what you mean about the 'samples' not being nearly long enough to get a feel for the song... because trance (well, good trace anyway!) songs are usually layered and have ebbs and flows - you really need to listen to the whole thing. More often than not, I find I have to just take a risk with an album and hope that it pays off!

I'm really slack at creating playlists - usually I just listen to an album, and if I don't like a song I'll just skip it to the next. I really love full mixed albums (i.e. on continuous mix of songs)... OK, here are my top trance albums that i think you might like... (no rap on any of these!) Note - I haven't bought any new trance in ages, so this is all older stuff - but still great I think!

Paul van Dyk
- Reflections, 2003 (his own songs)
- Out There and Back, 2000 (his own songs)
- The Politics of Dancing, 2001 (mix)

Tiesto
- Elements of Life, 2007 (his own songs)
- In Search of Sunrise: this is a series of albums, all mixed by Tiesto... my favourites are Vol 5 'Los Angeles' and Vol 6 'Ibiza' but really I like them all! These are great albums, mixed really well and always give me a great summer vibe. Usually the first CD in each mix is more lighter/vocal, and the second is more progressive stuff.

Armin van Buuren
- Imagine, 2008 (his own songs)
- Transparance, 2002 (mix) - this is an oldie but a goodie. So many good songs on this!
- A State of Trance: another series of albums mixed by Armin. My faves are from 2004 and 2007. Lots of nice melodic trance.

Other
- Anjunabeats by Above & Beyond - this is another series/compilation - some great melodic trance on these... my faves are Vol 3 and Vol 7. They released Vol 8 this year, and from the sounds of the samples it seems like I'll be adding to my list!
- Chicane (not trance, but I just LOVE listening to this when I'm on the exercise bike. I just close my eyes and zone out...!)
- Far From the Maddening Crowds (1997)
- Behind the Sun (2000)
- Giants (2010)
- LTJ Bukem: Journey Inwards (2000) (I think this is classified as 'Liquid Drum & Bass' - again, just another album I like to put on and drift away with...)

OK, I'd better stop there for now!! There really is SO MUCH electronic music out there... it is hard to find the 'good stuff' but once you do - it's like tingles down your spine!!

The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret... sometimes you have to choose!

Allies Exercising Around the World Challenge - November

Last edited by Sunny Beach; 09-07-2010 at 04:19 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #3517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth
!
Just stopping by to read that you're doing great and let me be inspired by your commitment!
Quote:
I just read an article earlier this mornng that was discussing rewards of the laborer. One of the sentences read: "Happiness is nearly always the rebound from hard work.....observe those whose work lies each day before them and who follow the exacting routine with faithful diligence, and you will usually find happiness present....we are happiest when we are using the great powers of body and soul....hard work, constant and sustained, is one of the never-failing springs of health, wealth and wisdom as well as the alleviation of the pains and trials of the mind and heart....."
Very interesting post, so full of wisdom and truth...Hope to be able to teach my son that this is the way to follow...

And awesome pictures as well!

I wish you a wonderful day!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #3518

Quote:

Thank you so much for the music recs! I've never heard of Ulrich Schnauss ...

I will definitely be checking them out And Armin - how could I forget Armin!!
I know exactly what you mean about the 'samples' not being nearly long enough to get a feel for the song... because trance (well, good trace anyway!) songs are usually layered and have ebbs and flows -
Exactly!
The ebbs and flows are what make and break the song.

Quote:
....you really need to listen to the whole thing. More often than not, I find I have to just take a risk with an album and hope that it pays off!

I'm really slack at creating playlists - usually I just listen to an album, and if I don't like a song I'll just skip it to the next. I really love full mixed albums (i.e. on continuous mix of songs)... OK, here are my top trance albums that i think you might like... (no rap on any of these!) Note - I haven't bought any new trance in ages, so this is all older stuff - but still great I think!
When shopping music for workouts, I will listen through clips of an entire CD, and if I like all the songs from just listening to the clips, I'll buy the whole CD, otherwise just song by song, then load them onto MP3.

Quote:
OK, I'd better stop there for now!! There really is SO MUCH electronic music out there...
it is hard to find the 'good stuff' but once you do - it's like tingles down your spine!!
Exactly! And I'm thrilled that you and I share this common interest. This is really exciting for me. NEW MUSIC! Another "ear" for discriminating cardio music.

I can't wait to surf and explore all the artists you've mentioned.

You'll have to share some of your other favorite groups and genre interests with me and I'll take a look at those too. I also enjoy other genres for workouts (and at other times as well, driving, etc. ) such as The Fray, Train, Kings of Leon, several from Lady GaGa, the list goes on...We'll have to occasionally trade a "playlist" now and then.

Woohoo. This is great, Sunny B.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #3519

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth View Post
!
Just stopping by to read that you're doing great and let me be inspired by your commitment!

Very interesting post, so full of wisdom and truth...Hope to be able to teach my son that this is the way to follow...

And awesome pictures as well!

I wish you a wonderful day!
I appreciate this, Ellie.

You're a sweetheart.

And I'm glad those words rang true in your heart as well.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #3520

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Twyla I love your new avi. Magnificent!
Thank you, Lola.

(BTW, I always think of Bono when I hear that word, "Magnificent.")

Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #3521
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Exactly! And I'm thrilled that you and I share this common interest. This is really exciting for me. NEW MUSIC! Another "ear" for discriminating cardio music.

I can't wait to surf and explore all the artists you've mentioned.

You'll have to share some of your other favorite groups and genre interests with me and I'll take a look at those too. I also enjoy other genres for workouts (and at other times as well, driving, etc. ) such as The Fray, Train, Kings of Leon, several from Lady GaGa, the list goes on...We'll have to occasionally trade a "playlist" now and then.

Woohoo. This is great, Sunny B.

You betcha! Music is one of my great loves and I could talk about it for hours on end... My job allows me to work independently most of the time - I love being able to put on my headphones, choose something that matches my mood and travel away to another world whenever I like! Like I said I really enjoy all genres except country & heavy metal - I even like some rap! (But more along the lines of The Beastie Boys than the 'Gangsta Rap' stuff - ugggh)

p.s. for The Fray and Kings of Leon!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #3522

Quote:
.... Music is one of my great loves and I could talk about it for hours on end... ..... I love being able to put on my headphones, choose something that matches my mood and travel away to another world whenever I like!
You're speaking to my heart, Sunny B.

Just what I have in mind. It's a beautiful day, and my boss gave me the afternoon off early, so I'm gonna sit in the sun, with a glass of wine, and a little jazz maybe...???

My son has his first game this weekend (college), but it's in Delaware. So I'm gonna stay behind this time and get my youngest son to his football practice tomorrow.

I've had another good week, and I'm eager to see what tomorrow brings. Planning to hit the gym tomorrow (glutes, hams, back). This morning was running intervals. Suh-weet way to start my day with a good sweat and cardio.

What a beautiful early-autumn-like afternoon...anxious for a little ME chill time, catch some rays and a little Vitamin D.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #3523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Stopping by to say hi...
Old 09-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #3524

And I'm mighty glad you did.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #3525
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[FONT="Georgia"][I]You're speaking to my heart, Sunny B.

Just what I have in mind. It's a beautiful day, and my boss gave me the afternoon off early, so I'm gonna sit in the sun, with a glass of wine, and a little jazz maybe...???
WOO HOO for having the afternoon off! Your plan sounds absolutely perfect... It's a gorgeous sunny Saturday here and I am mighty tempted to do the same this afternoon... but maybe with a glass of iced tea instead (I'm trying for no vino this week!) And I'll be playing Jazz Samba (Charlie Byrd and Stan Getz) on the stereo I call it my 'Sunshine Music'!

Have a great weekend! xo

Last edited by Sunny Beach; 09-10-2010 at 04:28 PM..
Old 09-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #3526

GO HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #3527

SUPER (SUH-WEET) MARIO!

Old 09-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #3528
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey Twyla!

I know that I just PMed you, but wanted to stop by your journal too. I'm glad I did, as I loved seeing the pics of you and your pup!

I saw you mention your protein balls - do you mind sharing how you make them? Pretty please, with stevia on top.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #3529

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Laura, here ya go

Quote:
protein balls

4 scoops chocolate whey protein
4 Tbs nat PB
1-2 packets of Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of milled flax
3-5 Tbs of water

Mix all the above -- it will seem too thick, but keep stirring -- until completely mixed sufficiently. If you need to, add the water a little at a time. You want it to be thick.

Divide into 5 separate wads of dough. (Like that word, "wad"?) Roll each into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and store in frig.

Very filling and FUN TO EAT 'cause it hits the sweet spot, for one; and two, it's a good, quick, balanced mini meal of protein.

(Optional: You can add 2-3 Tbs of Fiber One to add fiber/carbs to the mix also.)
Old 09-13-2010, 06:46 AM   #3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Laura, here ya go

Thanks, Ileen.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #3531

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
T!!!!!! .
Old 09-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #3532
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
hi Twyla. Hope your weekend was restful. Have a wonderful week. Like the protein ball recipe. Going to give it a shot as I'm starting up my weightlifting programme again.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 AM   #3533

Backatcha, Meek & Lola.

Lola, that recipe has been spreading like wild fire the past couple of weeks. I've shared it with others here locally. It's a yummy keeper. Glad to hear you're gonna get back to training.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #3534

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
sounds yum T! I'll have to make a batch up one of these days!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #3535
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
good morning!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:08 AM   #3536
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth

wish you a great Sunday!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #3537
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)

T you look GREAT !!!!!
& I'm a sucker for dawgs

Quote:
Good morning, Sunny and SCP"D".

Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Sharing some pics of me trying to get my dog Chessie to hop up on my lap. We were out on the porch, enjoying the beautiful evening/weather, and had just finished dinner. A nice sneak peek of cooler fall temps...what a beautiful evening!

Old 09-20-2010, 02:35 AM   #3538

Good morning, journal.

Well, maybe "good" is stretching it. I've misplaced a software key and I am stressed to the max about finding it.....OH PLEASE, let it be on my desk at work. I didn't discover it missing until last night just before bed, when I was planning on doing a little work. I can't work without it, and it's EXTREMELY expensive to have it replaced.

HB, thank you, friend.

Well, I'm thinking this morning might be a good morning for a mix of Callanetics and cardio. Get my mind off of this.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #3539

Thank you, Lord.
You are faithful and good.

This has been a lesson taught once before, but obviously it didn't stick. Clearly I need to get better organized........ Biggest understatement of the century.

I WILL make a list of all that I need to accomplish today and this week. Good start.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-20-2010 at 06:23 AM..
Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #3540
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
You're not alone ~ I need to make a List of ALL of my lists!! lol
Closed Thread