Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #3481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Just stopping by to wish you a great week T!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 AM   #3482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fourstubbs
Stats: 225/220/142.3/135
WOE: IDEAL PROTEIN
Start Date: Restart July 2012
WMS...Just stopping by to say hi! I really appreciate your encouragement, and I bet I speak for just more than myself. Have a great day. Mary
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 AM   #3483
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Sincere hugs to my friends -- you know who you are -- and for all you continue to add to my life.

Heading to do some Callanetics this morning. My body is begging for it. And I am hearing loud and clear.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:59 AM   #3484
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)

XO,
HB
Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #3485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny Beach
Stats: 183/166.5/143
WOE: Low-carb + IF
Start Date: August 2010
Howdy Just wanted to say thanks for checking up on me, as always

p.s. Hooray for rescuing your phone! You just reminded me to back up all my contacts and data from my blackberry
Old 08-31-2010, 06:39 AM   #3486

Delicious Protein Muffins

1 scoop Gaspari Delicious Vanilla whey protein
1 egg (or 1 egg white if you're watching fat/cals)
1 Tbs flax
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg stevia
.25 chopped walnuts
1 Tbs Fiber One (optional)
1 Tbs water

Stir together in a bowl. Spray a glass or pyrex custard cup with Pam and pour mixture into cup. Nuke for 1 min 20 secs. Let cool. DEVOUR.

I love these! And they travel so easy. A perfect balanced snack or meal for anytime or for on the go.

I'll be taking these babies with me to football games this fall.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #3487

Tomorrow begins countdown for the mini goal I've set for myself, the getaway to an island wedding. 24 days.

I've been working hard the last month or so, and hopefully -- now that TOM is out of the way -- it will be a little easier to control what I eat and keep within a deficit in these last few weeks ahead. I've upped cardio slightly with my running intervals. Those seem to do the trick for me. As long as I keep my protein up and get in 3-4 days of training, I should be good to go.

I've switched up lower body routines a bit.................... ........"WOOO-OOOOH."

I found two a.w.e.s.o.m.e. pairs of shoes today to go with the dresses I bought, depending on which one I decide to wear. They MAKE the look. Now I'll need to target the jewelry and I'm set.

It's always good to have an event, a goal, a milestone to work toward. And a getaway is always, always, always, always good for the soul.

Feeling very focused and driven. The goal is in sight.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #3488
Senior LCF Member

Heya Sorry, I'm turning into a bit of a stalker, but... I really love reading your posts, your enthusiasm is just so infectious! No doubt you'll 'shake it up' and make the most of the next 24 days, and will be looking fabulous for your island getaway Well done with the shoes as well... Oh, how I love shoe shopping
Old 09-01-2010, 02:32 AM   #3489

Good morning, Sunny. (though not morning for YOU)

I love shoe shopping too, esp when I find EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Funny thing about shopping, though, for me. I gotta be IN THE MOOD to shop, otherwise everything I see is in black and white. Weird, but true.

But a good retail fix can do wonders for a woman, huh?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #3490
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Ohhhh a getaway Island wedding sounds the ticket, your going to have a fab time!!! Gotta love retail therapy been doing some of that myself
Old 09-02-2010, 02:51 AM   #3491

Yesterday was a busy day, but it began with early morning ("dark-thirty") running intervals, and it felt wonderful. My plan for this week is to do the intervals 3 times, M, W and F. Two down, one more to go.

Callanetics twice.

And weight training 3-4 sessions, with s/s cardio thrown in when time allows and/or at the beginning/end of the training.

Today I'll begin with cardio (TJ), and I'd like to get over to the gym after work to work on quads, abs and delts. That's my plan.

Just had a BIT of oats, cottage cheese and PP stirred together, with coffee. I've nailed my nutrition and macros all week so far.

Ready, set, burn....

Old 09-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #3492
Senior LCF Member

Twyla you are a MACHINE woman! Interval training 3x/week?? And I thought I was doing well managing once a week :blush:

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #3493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Beach View Post
Twyla you are a MACHINE woman! Interval training 3x/week?? And I thought I was doing well managing once a week :blush:

Have a great weekend!

Ya think?

Oh, but a far more interesting character/personality, I assure you!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #3494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Dropping by to say hi, thanks and have a great weekend ...
Old 09-03-2010, 04:07 AM   #3495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Dropping by to say hi, thanks and have a great weekend ...

Deborah.

Glad you stopped by, and I hope you have a great weekend too.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #3496

It was nice to sleep in a little later this morning. I'm going for my run shortly, letting my coffee kick in. I'm taking the day off -- sort of -- I'll still be working out of my home on a few jobs, but I have to take my son to visit his grandmother earlier this afternoon, meeting her halfway.

I knew my body could use the extra sleep, so I slept an hour later. My training last night went well, and ended up focusing on quads, abs and TRICEPS, long head mostly.

About ten mins before leaving the gym, a noticed a young woman who had come in, and she apparently was getting ready to compete. She was all dolled up, tanned, and had on a gorgeous bikini -- great color for her -- and they were working with her on posing. If was fascinating to watch. I wish her well. I'll have to find out who she is and where this is taking her. That's exciting.

I hope to find time this weekend to see the new movie that's out, Going The Distance, because I've been waiting anxiously for its release. Sounds like a great love story, I like Drew Barrymore, and well....everyone loves a good love story.

I need to make a list of everything I want to accomplish this weekend. I bought some thick-type poster board from Staples to make signs for football games. I wanna figure out what I want to put on the signs, etc. Getting excited, football fever...?

Friday always brings a smile to my face in any event, and the promise of a long COOLER weekend just enhances those endorphins. I will allow myself a couple of glasses of wine when I return from the trip later this afternoon. I've discovered a new kind of wine I want to try; it was mentioned with good reviews in a magazine I was reading yesterday, waiting to have my oil changed. Hitting my "savvy" button, broadening my taste buds???? Besides, resveratrol is apparently a great thing for us.

Better get ready for my run....

Old 09-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #3497

Yesterday was an all cardio day, with a little ab work thrown in last night. My run intervals lasted 40 mins, with 20 total intervals.

Woke up this morning still feeling DOMS from Thursday's quad workout at the gym. Inner thighs and hams still very sore (although I didn't specifically work hamstrings on Thurs). So naturally, I debated whether to go forward with my glute/ham work this morning at the gym. I opted with going ahead, just dialing back a bit in volume, but still to the point of fatigue. As I was finishing up (thankfully) my last exercise (cable kickbacks for glutes) before a cardio cool down, an involuntary protest came from somewhere deep inside of me, and it found voice, as I uttered aloud breathlessly on the last set: "IT'S WORKING, H*LL YES, IT'S WORKING!!!"

I had a very good week -- VERY, VERY good week. I don't wanna let it go to my head. All weeks can't be this good, I realize. Weeks like this have a way of making me a little too overzealous.

It's already the fourth day of the month...tick-tock-tick-tock...

I made two batches of chocolate protein balls and one pan of protein oatmeal bars yesterday. They freeze well, and I'm making things ahead to take along to football games on the weekends.

Today is a high carb day for me, and oddly enough, I've just returned from the gym, very good workout, and yet not really hungry. I had a protein shake and 1/2 ounces of pretzels. I'm just not hungry. But protein oatmeal pancakes will be my next meal.

I just read an article earlier this mornng that was discussing rewards of the laborer. One of the sentences read: "Happiness is nearly always the rebound from hard work.....observe those whose work lies each day before them and who follow the exacting routine with faithful diligence, and you will usually find happiness present....we are happiest when we are using the great powers of body and soul....hard work, constant and sustained, is one of the never-failing springs of health, wealth and wisdom as well as the alleviation of the pains and trials of the mind and heart....."

That packed a huge punch for me. So much truth to those words.

We reap what we sow. It is worth it to me to sacrifice foods that taste yummy and sinfully good for foods that are healthier for me (faithful diligence, routine) to feel better, look better, sleep better, feel more confident? Is it worth it to me to sweat and expend/exhaust myself on runs and lifting weights (hard work, constant and sustained) to see contoures in my musculature, lean muscle where there once was fat, more energy to move about my day, allowing me to sleep better at night, and to look younger and healthier and more attractive/confident?

Quite simply: Yes.

Full circle.

It has become what I am, what I'm made of, what moves me. What defines me. Vince Lombardi once said:

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.

Over the last few years, in my quest to better myself, improve my health and fitness, I've gained a lot of knowledge, valuable insight, beneficial lessons and tips and guidance. It's one thing to know. But I wanted more than just to know. I wanted to make it happen through what I now know.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

Johann von Goethe

So yes, it has come full circle....

"Happiness is nearly always the rebound from hard work.....observe those whose work lies each day before them and who follow the exacting routine with faithful diligence, and you will usually find happiness present....we are happiest when we are using the great powers of body and soul....hard work, constant and sustained, is one of the never-failing springs of health, wealth and wisdom as well as the alleviation of the pains and trials of the mind and heart....."
Old 09-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #3498
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
"Happiness is nearly always the rebound from hard work.....observe those whose work lies each day before them and who follow the exacting routine with faithful diligence, and you will usually find happiness present....we are happiest when we are using the great powers of body and soul....hard work, constant and sustained, is one of the never-failing springs of health, wealth and wisdom as well as the alleviation of the pains and trials of the mind and heart....."
This is so, so true. Thanks for the great post Twyla I hope your week is full of hard work, and diligence... and all the rewards that come with it!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:32 AM   #3499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ... Trying to get my butt in gear, hasnt been a good weekend eating wise but im determined to get it right...

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY FRIEND
Old 09-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #3500

Good morning, Sunny and SCP"D".

Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Sharing some pics of me trying to get my dog Chessie to hop up on my lap. We were out on the porch, enjoying the beautiful evening/weather, and had just finished dinner. A nice sneak peek of cooler fall temps...what a beautiful evening!

Old 09-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #3501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those pics are beautiful ... Cute doggie... Looking good gurlfriend.. Smoking hawt... I wanna be hawt when I grow uo ...
Old 09-06-2010, 03:06 AM   #3502

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Mornin' T..

cute pup and a beautiful fit women radiates from those pictures! Thank you for the protein muffin recipe a wee bit back. Do you happen to have the macros on it? About how many do you use as a 'meal'

Quote:
Delicious Protein Muffins

1 scoop Gaspari Delicious Vanilla whey protein
1 egg (or 1 egg white if you're watching fat/cals)
1 Tbs flax
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg stevia
.25 chopped walnuts
1 Tbs Fiber One (optional)
1 Tbs water

Stir together in a bowl. Spray a glass or pyrex custard cup with Pam and pour mixture into cup. Nuke for 1 min 20 secs. Let cool. DEVOUR.
Glad your phone is working.. I've washed a few of the boys and they do work again. Google is a wonderful tool! None were iphones (some have them now) and they were all saved.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:16 AM   #3503
Senior LCF Member

Awww... Chessie is too cute! (and you're looking lovely of course!) I'm glad you're enjoying some nice outdoor weather at the moment. Me, I''m waiting for the nights to start getting warmer here...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #3504

Thank you, ladies, on the kudos for me and Chessie.

Ileen, I'm glad you shared your phone stories with me. I am extra careful now when I'm around "water" with my phone. Hope it's a lesson learned.

On my yummy muffins? I'll give you a breakdown using two different brands of PP. Gaspari is so delicious and smooth, so it's my favorite, but it also has slightly more calories, fat and carbs. But it's worth it to me for the taste. I've used other brands for this recipe that aren't as calorie/carb/fat dense, and they're good also.

I make mine using an egg white only, no yolk; and I add the Fiber One.

I have one of these every day, usu for my mid a.m. snack, with coffee. Sometimes I'll have one in the evening for "dessert." And if I'm traveling, I'll take them along with me in a ziploc in my purse.

Gaspari macronutrients per muffin:

CALS .....251
FAT..........10 (34%)
CARBS......13 (17%)
FIBER........5
PROT.......32 (50%)

Body Fortress Vanilla macronutrients per muffin:

CALS........204
FAT.............9 (37%)
CARBS.........9 (14%)
FIBER...........5
PROT..........30 (58%)

Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #3505

Just returned from my morning running intervals. It's nice and cool out this morning. I wasn't expecting it to be that cool, and I had on my usual shorts/tank "uniform," and almost went back for a jacket. But it doesn't take long for me to get warmed up and begin breaking a sweat, so I just kept going.

I had downloaded a few new tunes yesterday from Amazon for my runs. I really like "trance-like" electronic music for running, and so I had surfed a little yesterday trying out new groups, songs, etc., until I found a few I liked. I am discriminating when it comes to music. I apply the Goldilocks approach, not too this, not too that, but just right.

I recently found a new tune by Joss Stone ( her!) entitled "Music," and it's great for all my workouts, except there is one brief section of a rap artist towards the end ... just can't get into rap much, but the rest of the song is GREAT, so I tolerate it. Wish there was a way to "lift" the rap/artist from that part of the song and just let the background music play until she begins singing vocals again.

Music is undeniably inspirational and motivational. I have to switch it up often. When I get new music, it inspires me to work out, mind to the muscle, run further, harder, etc. Music is a huge catalyst for me. It can really make or break my mood. Illustration: My MP3 player's battery had died when I was at the gym one day, so I was just listening to their music through the gym speakers, and usu they play rock or hard rock (hard core types there?), and so I stick to my own. But I was lifting, listening to their rock station/music, all is going well, and right in the middle of a set of cross-bench pullovers, out of nowhere this country song starts up. It was like cold ice water on my brain, my body, my mood. WTH?????? I tried to refocus, and within 5 secs someone had quickly switched the station, and I exclaimed aloud, "Thank God." They all began cracking up.

"No Country Allowed," the sign should read. We all seemed to be in agreement on that.

When I find a new tune I love, I can't just sit there and listen...I gotta move it! I have no choice. It JUST HAS THAT EFFECT ON ME.

That's what I tell people who have trouble getting motivated to exercise. I tell them: Find yourself some music you love and lose yourself in it!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-06-2010 at 06:38 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #3506

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Twyla, you are so pretty!!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #3507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #3508
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Ohhhhhh love the pictures the dog is so cute and you, well your as beautiful as always!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #3509

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Thank you, ladies, on the kudos for me and Chessie.

Ileen, I'm glad you shared your phone stories with me. I am extra careful now when I'm around "water" with my phone. Hope it's a lesson learned.

On my yummy muffins? I'll give you a breakdown using two different brands of PP. Gaspari is so delicious and smooth, so it's my favorite, but it also has slightly more calories, fat and carbs. But it's worth it to me for the taste. I've used other brands for this recipe that aren't as calorie/carb/fat dense, and they're good also.

I make mine using an egg white only, no yolk; and I add the Fiber One.

Body Fortress Vanilla macronutrients per muffin:

CALS........204
FAT.............9 (37%)
CARBS.........9 (14%)
FIBER...........5
PROT..........30 (58%)

thank you!
I'll have to use the the body fortess macros for now.. will also be an eggwhite for me too.. though someday i hope to try the gaspari.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #3510
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I had downloaded a few new tunes yesterday from Amazon for my runs. I really like "trance-like" electronic music for running, and so I had surfed a little yesterday trying out new groups, songs, etc., until I found a few I liked. I am discriminating when it comes to music. I apply the Goldilocks approach, not too this, not too that, but just right.

I recently found a new tune by Joss Stone ( her!) entitled "Music," and it's great for all my workouts, except there is one brief section of a rap artist towards the end ... just can't get into rap much, but the rest of the song is GREAT, so I tolerate it. Wish there was a way to "lift" the rap/artist from that part of the song and just let the background music play until she begins singing vocals again.

Music is undeniably inspirational and motivational. I have to switch it up often. When I get new music, it inspires me to work out, mind to the muscle, run further, harder, etc. Music is a huge catalyst for me. It can really make or break my mood. Illustration: My MP3 player's battery had died when I was at the gym one day, so I was just listening to their music through the gym speakers, and usu they play rock or hard rock (hard core types there?), and so I stick to my own. But I was lifting, listening to their rock station/music, all is going well, and right in the middle of a set of cross-bench pullovers, out of nowhere this country song starts up. It was like cold ice water on my brain, my body, my mood. WTH?????? I tried to refocus, and within 5 secs someone had quickly switched the station, and I exclaimed aloud, "Thank God." They all began cracking up.

"No Country Allowed," the sign should read. We all seemed to be in agreement on that.

When I find a new tune I love, I can't just sit there and listen...I gotta move it! I have no choice. It JUST HAS THAT EFFECT ON ME.

That's what I tell people who have trouble getting motivated to exercise. I tell them: Find yourself some music you love and lose yourself in it!

Great post! Apart from when I'm riding my bike outside, I also love working out to electronic music (all kinds of music, actually - except the dreaded country... and not a fan of heavy metal). My all-time favourites for trance are Paul van Dyk (of course! 'Reflections' is such a great album) and Tiesto... I also like Chicane (more ambient).... also anything mixed by John '00' Fleming is also great (esp. the White Label Republic album he mixed). I also enjoy some Liquid Drum & Bass: faves are Adam F and LTJ Bukem. 'Journey Inwards' is one of my favourite albums! I would really like to find some more 'uplifting' trance but there's so much out there, I don't know where to start.

Please share your new (and favourite) electronic music finds with us... I'm always on the lookout for something new to add to the collection!

The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret... sometimes you have to choose!

Allies Exercising Around the World Challenge - November
Closed Thread