Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #3361
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
T...bragging rights is called for, what a way he has come a total 360 degree turn!! I bet you all cant wait until friday when your all reunited again

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 12:46 AM   #3362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

I had hoped that my setting an example, Gavin's setting an example, would help. It did not.

When Mother's Day arrived, he sent me pics that a friend had taken of him, and at that time he had dropped 50 lbs. I was so thrilled, so proud of him! (..)
This is a huge milestone for him, his quest to take his health and fitness seriously. I'm already so very proud of his academic accomplishments, and now he's taken the responsibility of giving his health priorty.

I am one proud Momma today. My heart sings with pride.

Countdown till Friday!!!!!!!! I'm guessing we'll wear the camera out.

T,

I think he just needed time.
When I was at University, I weighted 18 kilos more than my actual weight. It took me a while to realize that even if studying was the most important thing I had to do for my future, maybe my heath was even more important and I had to preserve it as the most precious gift I had.
I'm sure Zach is now more conscious of his ability as a student, so he won't feel guilty if he "sacrifices" some hours of studying, and instead of staying on a chair he moves his body around and builds muscles.
I've seen my brother going through the same process, even if he is at the very beginning. As a daughter, I felt responsible for the chances my parents were offering me, so I thought that doing my best at school was my only and highest priority, and then discovered that it wasn't the only one
Your Zach is a wise young man, you must be really proud of him : he's on the the right way, and you've done a wonderful job with him.
My Mum always tells me that "Children absorb everything, even if sometimes things take a while to show up"

I know your weekend is going to be GREAT and as joyful as can be, so make the most of it !!!!
I wish you a special time with your 3 sons !!!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Patience is the companion of wisdom.(Saint Augustine)
Old 07-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #3363
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth View Post
T,

I think he just needed time.
When I was at University, I weighted 18 kilos more than my actual weight. It took me a while to realize that even if studying was the most important thing I had to do for my future, maybe my heath was even more important and I had to preserve it as the most precious gift I had.
I'm sure Zach is now more conscious of his ability as a student, so he won't feel guilty if he "sacrifices" some hours of studying, and instead of staying on a chair he moves his body around and builds muscles.
I've seen my brother going through the same process, even if he is at the very beginning. As a daughter, I felt responsible for the chances my parents were offering me, so I thought that doing my best at school was my only and highest priority, and then discovered that it wasn't the only one
Your Zach is a wise young man, you must be really proud of him : he's on the the right way, and you've done a wonderful job with him.
My Mum always tells me that "Children absorb everything, even if sometimes things take a while to show up"

I know your weekend is going to be GREAT and as joyful as can be, so make the most of it !!!!
I wish you a special time with your 3 sons !!!
Ellie, you are an incredibly wise young woman, ya know that?

Thank you for sharing that wisdom, those precious comments with me.

Have a wonderful day.

(By the way, "The world is a book," yes. I really like that. )
Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #3364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Twyla, that is awesome about Zach! Can see why you are so proud of him! And I'm sure he's learned a lot about health and nutrition just from watching his momma transform!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:49 AM   #3365
Big Yapper!!!!

Woah Love your new avatar!!! What a beauty!!! Hope your having a great time with Zach home!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:27 AM   #3366
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Parisian Spring
Stats: 157.6/146/140 (5'9")
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: July 27,2010
your new profile pic is fabulous

Congrats to your son on his transformation
Old 07-31-2010, 09:26 AM   #3367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth
Quote:
Ellie, you are an incredibly wise young woman, ya know that?
:blush::blush::blush: I'm a shy girl!

Quote:
(By the way, "The world is a book," yes. I really like that. )
Both quotations in my signature belongs to Saint Augustine, he was really an enlightened spirit!

Btw, your new avatar is awesome, you look really great!
You're an astonishing example of how hard work pays off!
Old 07-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #3368

.... everybody!

I'm still on Cloud 9!!!!!!!!

OMG….waiting at the airport last night with friends----- who, by the way, came along to offer to take pictures and videos of Zach's arrival home-----was so exciting! I can’t even identify my feeling(s). Anxious, excited, nervous, hopeful, curious … the list goes on. When we saw his plane land last night in the darkness of the runway, I began to have butterflies in my stomach.

But nothing can describe my reaction and my amazement when I actually saw him walk through that gate and toward us…OMG!!!!!!!! I ran to him, laughing and smiling -- and then bawling -- hugging him tightly, refusing to let go, and then smiling and laughing some more, as he sat there stuttering and laughing and grinning, speechless in many ways himself.

I liken what I saw to that show, “Extreme Makeover.” Now I know what that feels like to be standing, waiting anxiously for that first peek of “after.” No words! (Can't wait to share pics!) I still don’t know the exact number of pounds he has lost, but all I can say is, I don’t know how he made it through security on his existing passport. He mentioned that the security officer at one checkpoint questioned his picture, the “change in his looks,” and he explained that he lost “a lot of weight.” Uh, yeah.

God, he looks sooooo handsome! Tall, lean, blue-eyed blonde -- blonder than usual due to all his outdoor hiking and biking in the blazing sun -- and all grown up. A fine, handsome, accomplished young man. His brothers were amazed at his change, and he was amazed at how both of them had changed too -- his youngest brother has grown probably 6inches since he left, his hair much longer; Gavin has put on a ton of muscle. Zach’s reaction to Gavin, in his typical calm, flat, grinning voice: “My gosh, he’s HUGE.”

I had made a huge "Welcome Home, Zach" banner, with balloons and streamers, outside in the driveway, surprising him when we drove up. He really liked that.

We talked and told stories. He talked about learning to love seaweed and sushi, using Japanese terms to describe many foods prepared in unique ways, and I was proud that he had broadened his tastes and his mind, embracing and learning to love the Japanese culture. He mentioned that it felt odd being back in the states, seeing so many English speaking Americans all around him, and much taller people than he was used to seeing (he had been a gentle giant in a strange land!).

He asked me last night if we could possibly go shopping today to buy him some new clothes, that he didn’t have any that fit. He was wearing a tight size 46 waist when he left for Japan last year. I dug deep into the closets and found 4-5 pairs of khakis of his that he used to be able to wear a few years ago. He was as curious as I was to see, quickly trying them on over his shorts he had, and they fit fine. Even maybe a tad loose. Size 34 waist. Wow! WHAT A TRANSFORMATION! WHAT DETERMINATION HE HAS PROVEN TO HAVE. The time had arrived. He did it!

Lots of changes to embrace last night. A wonderful reunion, smiles, laughter, stories, hugs, tears and a barrel full of mixed emotions tossed about.

I am so proud of my family. Having all of them around the dinner table last night at our VERY late dinner was indescribable for me. Our boys were all together once more, another chapter of milestones to reflect on, to cherish.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 07-31-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #3369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
That is so awesome Twyla! GO ZACH!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #3370

Monday, August 2.

New day, new week, new mindset for me personally. I'm in my typical end-of-the-summer funk, and it's time to snap out of it. Nuff said.

Zach's amazing progress alone should be enough to shame me back into laser focus. As it turns out, he's lost 85 lbs total. We went shopping together yesterday, and he bought mostly Size 33 waists, a couple Size 34. He had begun running in the last couple of months in Japan, and swimming laps. So he's kept up with his running since he's been home. I'm so proud.

Now, "Mother," it's time to snap out of it and get back to diligence. You've been lazy and careless the last few days, and that's gotta stop.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #3371

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Monday, August 2.

New day, new week, new mindset for me personally. I'm in my typical end-of-the-summer funk, and it's time to snap out of it. Nuff said.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #3372
Big Yapper!!!!

T...yea snap out of it lol wise words girlfriend I doubt that you have been lazy you have probably been running around making sure your boys are ok everyone deserves a little time out sometimes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #3373

Thank you, fellow supporters......and NOW, for the rest of my story:

Part of my slippery slope, carelessness and enertia has been an unexpected arrival of TOM. Unfortunately, it now arrives totally without warning, no way to predict. I can no longer depend on calendars. It hit like a hurricane about mid last week. I assumed mistakenly that I was just feeling sluggish due to the weather, and very hungry and craving because my body was just in "protest mode." I had no idea TOM was approaching.

BAD NEWS.

My cravings and hunger have been out the roof the for the past 3-4 days, and I'm so angry with myself and my loss of control, my moodiness, my inability to cope with this sh*t. I'm done with this! Done I say! Leave me in peace, Whormones, please!

I gave it my best shot at trying to elevate my mood and energy levels on Saturday morning, spending 25 mins on cardio and about an hour in total body training. It worked for a while. But the cravings came back late Saturday night, along with the moodiness and irritability and sluggishness.

It's spilled milk. It's over. I'm moving on.

Again.

So now that I'm sufficiently pissed off and provoked, it's time to shut up and get it done.

I now have TWO sons who are showing me up...and that just CANNOT happen. Heck no.

I will nail this. Just watch me.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #3374
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG cute picture!!! Dont be so hard on yourself TOM is evil and it is very very hard to resist it's charms it can suprise us without warning it is hard to look for signs when there is none! It can throw everything upside down!! One thing I do know is, you wont let this set you back because your a strong woman

I have been dealing with sneaky TOM also last month it was over a week early and this month it is 5 days early once again, no obivious signs before.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #3375

T...I love, love, LOVE your new avatar!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #3376

Thanks, Meek... and everyone else who commented on that.

TBF, I used to be able to semi-plan on when it would arrive, but not anymore. I'd try upping fats and overall calories the week before I knew it was due, and that would sometimes help ward off cravings and binges. Now it just comes whenever the heck it wants to! Evil? You got that right.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #3377

Today has been a good day, far better focus, attitude, mindset. Starting a jury trial this week, so it will be busy days ahead for the next two weeks. I've planned out my week, and I'm gonna have a medium day on Wednesday and a high day on Saturday, 50-60 carbs or under all other days.

Training plan for the week: Total body workout at the gym on Wednesday and Saturday. Cardio all other days, one rest day.

In bed by 10 (hopefully) every night this week.

I prepared Zach his first home-cooked meal this evening since he's been home. Saturday was the get-together at the neighbors' house and Sunday was dining out following his shopping spree--what fun! He was loving trying on all those new clothes, and he looked so handsome! His tan and blonde hair complimented his white camp shirt and cream cargo shorts, sandals...He was smirking at the reflection in the mirror, not sure that he recognized himself....then he flashed a grin at me, as if to say, wow, I guess I did it, huh? Cargo shorts, golf shirts, jeans, T-shirts, camp shirts, workout clothes.

TODAY'S TOTALS:

CALS............1620
PROT.............177
CARBS.............44
FIBER..............12
FAT.................82

35 MINS POWER WALKING W/ RUNNING INTERVALS AM
23 MINS CARDIO ELLIPTICAL PM
10 MINS ABS
Old 08-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #3378

T....I'm glad you had a good day. Your schedule for this week is so organized. I like that! ....

Zach sounds soooo ka-yute

Rest peacefully,
Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #3379

Meek, I seem to have better success when I plan ahead. Esp when I have a busy week on tap.

Long day in court. It's taken us two days to get a jury selected, and voir dire is tedious, to say the least. Add to that a stuffy/muggy courtroom, and I was most ready for quitting time at day's end. Hopefully they'll adjust the AC before tomorrow.

I have commitments tonight. I'd far rather stay home and take a nap. Hang out. Do nothing.

Just had a vanilla protein shake, because it's what I was craving. I added a small amount of fat free cottage cheese to it and .65 oz of light cream cheese to make it very thick and rich, creamy, more like ice cream. Hit the spot. I'm full and satisfied.

TOTALS:

CALS.......................1465
PROT.........................211
CARBS.........................58
FIBER..........................22
FAT............................55

45 MINS SUPER CALLANETICS A.M.
(No cardio -- no time, and too tired anyway)
Old 08-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #3380

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
We both have Zachs!

My Zach will only be home for about two months, then he leaves for Germany for a year. Something tells me that when he leaves "home" this time, he won't be returning. I'm bittersweet about that.

I love my sons, I love having them around me, but at the same time, I love it that they're maturing into fine young men, ready to start their own lives, chase their own dreams.

There's that side of me that although I love having my family around me, I love having freedom too.

Working full time, it's tough trying to keep a clean house when all three of them are home. Three guys? Surely you know what I mean. It wears me out trying to keep up with all that needs done, and still find time for me. Is that selfish?

Speaking of time for me, I wanted to go the gym later this evening, but my energy levels are tanked. I've been SO TIRED all afternoon. I'll wait it out and see.

Quote:

My oldest son will be arriving home from Japan this coming Friday, late that evening. A celebration is planned to welcome him home. I can't wait.

Before he left for Japan, I had tried encouraging him for the last couple of years to take better care of his health and fitness. He had terrible eating habits, never exercised, and had put on LOTS of weight. In fact, when he left for Japan, he told me (later) that he weighed over 300 lbs. He's 6'2, and he can carry a good amount of weight at that height, but most of that was NOT muscle -- unlike his younger brother, who's a rock-solid beast, and it was certainly hard on his heart, his knees, etc. He would get winded just climbing the stairs in our home. I had hoped that my setting an example, Gavin's setting an example, would help. It did not.

When Mother's Day arrived, he sent me pics that a friend had taken of him, and at that time he had dropped 50 lbs. I was so thrilled, so proud of him!

Since then, he's lost quite a bit more, at least 75, I'm sure. I just received word that his end-of-the-year bike trip went well. He and a friend had planned a 350-mile bike trip, and he had reported via email that they had completed it, were very tired, and were in Osaka, resting at a coffee house, were gonna shower and then take the bus back to Tokyo.

This is a huge milestone for him, his quest to take his health and fitness seriously. I'm already so very proud of his academic accomplishments, and now he's taken the responsibility of giving his health priorty.

I am one proud Momma today. My heart sings with pride.

Countdown till Friday!!!!!!!! I'm guessing we'll wear the camera out.

Awww T.. You had me in tears reading your excitement and recap! I know what its like to look around the table and see them all.. My 5boys, DIL and baby boy too!! so fulfilling when they are all here.........

My zach (18)just graduated high school and will be starting college in jan..
Old 08-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #3381

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Awww T.. You had me in tears reading your excitement and recap! I know what its like to look around the table and see them all.. My 5boys, DIL and baby boy too!! so fulfilling when they are all here.........

My zach (18)just graduated high school and will be starting college in jan..
Ileen, we have so many things in common...it's such a shame we don't live closer. I crave having someone in my world to hang out with, relate to, etc., who has a passion for fitness and training, nutrition, etc. It's isolating at times, kwim?

I'd love to hear more about your boys, their ages, etc. Do share with me sometime, K?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:34 AM   #3382

Good morning, world.

Loving my yummy coffee this morning. Today is a medium carb day for me, and anticipating that, I made some protein bars for the first time last night, a recipe that I'd gotten from Oxygen. They're good, but I think the next time I'll add a bit of Stevia. They need a little more sweetness.

Taste very yummy with my coffee about now. The oats will serve me well. I plan to do power walking with intervals this morning, and then hit the gym after work. It feels like I haven't been to the gym in forever, but it's only been three missed days. That's long enuf. My body probably needed it anyway.

Callantics served me well yesterday morning. I had overall better flexibility yesterday and less achiness in my right knee--SCORE! I plan to do Callanetics again on Friday.

Slept well last night. Busy day ahead. I'm using the power of VISUALIZATION to keep me focused, and it worked very well yesterday. How 'bout a repeat, T?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #3383

- I love reading your post. You're always so positive. Have a great day, friend .
Old 08-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #3384

What a CRAPPY day.

It began great -- a power walk with running intervals. And I stayed on plan all day, enjoyed my new protein bar recipe, protein pancakes for breakfast, and stayed on plan throughout the day. Excellent energy and balance, esp BALANCE. A "quieting down," if you will, of my hunger and cravings. I attribute it to the higher carb count -- all good carbs, of course. Not nearly as hungry today as I've been in the last several days.

But otherwise: VERY CRAPPY DAY. Wreck on the interstate this morning, so twice as long commute.Hot again in the courtroom (hottest day we've had in this area this summer, btw). We had a foreign doctor testify from the stand -- I could hardly understand a word he was saying, and I was sitting RIGHT beside him, trying to read his lips AND listen and take it down. I can only imagine what the jurors were thinking: ("WTH?")

Do lawyers really expect the jurors to get anything from a witness like this? Cmon? This is a no brainer -- The lawyers have been studying, researching, memorizing the facts of the case for months/years. They KNOW what the doc has to say. None of the rest of us in the courtroom do -- and most importantly, the JURORS don't know what the H he's saying....so what good is it?????? Book smart, yes. Common sense, no.

And while I'm on the subject, if a doctor is going to study and practice medicine in America, he should be required to pass a linguistics test first. If he can't speak ENGLISH fluently, he doesn't pass the boards. Sorry. End of discussion.

To top off the day, it took 1.5 hrs to drive home -- a broken-down vehicle on the interstate, right in the midst of construction, so there were six lanes of traffic feeding into one. Sweet.

I've never been so glad to get home in my life.

I must get to the gym and work off some of this stress. I can hardly wait.

At least I've had a good day staying focused on my plan.
I control what I CAN control. Nuff said.

TOTALS:

CALS................1641
PROT.................189
CARBS................108
FIBER.................18
FAT....................52

40 mins power walking with running intervals a.m.
( ? ) mins triceps, back, biceps (update later)

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 08-04-2010 at 03:54 PM..
Old 08-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #3385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
- I love reading your post. You're always so positive. Have a great day, friend .

Positive? Oh, yeah?

Might wanna rethink that one, Meek.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #3386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: workingmomof3
Stats: 233/228/155
WOE: JUDD/starting 5/5/14 officially
NO

Through it all... you are still the 'bomb' (dated cliche' but you are the girl - ya still got the best shinin' thru...) she's right..." nuff said!"
Old 08-05-2010, 02:36 AM   #3387

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomof3 View Post
Through it all... you are still the 'bomb' (dated cliche' but you are the girl - ya still got the best shinin' thru...) she's right..." nuff said!"

Kim, that is too sweet.

Began with 5 mins cardio at the gym last night, then did giant sets, four sets each, working chest, back, triceps and biceps. Later did sets of DB squats and abs. Finished with 10 mins cardio. Spent, de-stressed, and soaked with sweat, I came home, had a protein shake, a shower, and crashed into bed. Very productive day.

Gonna go with cardio and Callanetics this morning.

I'm taking my little personal clip-on fan to work with me this morning. I take it along on vacation because there are no fans in the workout room there, and it gets very muggy/stagnant. This baby is traveling with me today.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 AM   #3388
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow what a rough day you had yesterday, I hope todays a much better one!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #3389

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Wow what a rough day you had yesterday, I hope todays a much better one!

Bless you, friend.

Actually today WAS a better day. Much better.

Callanetics this morning, felt wonderful. Today is back to low carbs, 50-60ish, and I've had great satiety all day.

I'm having to stay over at the office tonight to get a transcript out by tomorrow. I figure it's more peaceful here in my office -- I'll have the whole suite to myself, in fact -- and I can get more accomplished than if I go home. So I'm here for the duration .... until it gets done.

Rolling up my sleeves....
Old 08-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #3390

Quote:
The Anabolic Diet is basically TKD -- what I did (successfully) back in 2008. I remember you and I chatted about it a few times. It worked very well for me.

I was amazed at how hungry my body was for carbs on those high carbs day, shuttling them into my muscles with absolutely NO negative effects on my blood sugar, or, in my case at least, fluid retention and/or weight gain the day after the high carbs. It's very effective when combined with regular training and cardio at leaning down, gaining LBM.
Hey Twyla,

Quick question in regards to your post.

Did you refeed on the weekends or just one day?

Did you work out during your refeed?

Did you find that it was hard to return back to your plan after your refeed meals?

What is "leaning down" - yes, I'm slow, lol.

Also, did you do a "cutting phase"? If so, how many cals did you consume during that time or did you not focus on cals, just fat/protein/carbs?

Please help.

Thanks!!
Closed Thread