Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #3331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lisa46
Stats: 164/117/128 -- 5'4"
WOE: LC with balance
Start Date: Recommitted 4-18-06
Sending virtual hugs, T. I know that feeling. The emptiness of being a motherless child is sometimes too hard to bear. But bear it you must. Stay strong, my friend.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #3332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa46 View Post
Sending virtual hugs, T. I know that feeling. The emptiness of being a motherless child is sometimes too hard to bear. But bear it you must. Stay strong, my friend.
How very sweet, Lisa. You speak from experience, and always from the heart. Feel my hugs reciprocated.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:07 AM   #3333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Hello there, Ms. Jami. Thank you on the avatar, but mercy, you should talk. You've certainly earned the right to strut your new hard body in YOURS! Congrats and kudos to you for your continued hard work and focus on your goals.

Thank you for your condolences re my mom. My heart aches with missing her, more than I can even put into words. Good days and bad days, all to be expected.

Glad you stopped by my journal.
Oh my gosh!! thank you! Its been a journey, and I thank you for helping me along the way! I couldn't have done it without my friends
Your Welcome. I haven't experienced a loss quite like that, but, when I did lose my grandpa in January, one thing that helped me feel more at peace, was trying to imagine what his new LIFE was like with God. I couldn't even begin to imagine what all he has seen, felt.. I was very happy for HIM in a sense, but wow, it hurt. You maybe missing her dearly, but, you will be reunited in her arms again
Old 07-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #3334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Quote:
I've been visited once again by an overwhelming emptiness. It hit, customarily, out of nowhere, no warning, a frustrating ebb and flow of mixed emotions, suffocating the deepest part of my soul.

I want to run and hide from it, but there is nowhere to run to. I know I have to face my emotions head on. Look life and reality straight on, not flinch, not fight, but deal with it to truly overcome and get through it.

Dear Twila,

I am so sorry for your pain. I remember those days from losing my dad at a young age. While I don't post much, I have been praying for you during this time.

Elizabeth
Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 AM   #3335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Big to you Twyla. You look beautiful in your new avi. I can't imagine how tough this time is for you, but if anyone can get thru it I know it is you.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #3336

My LCF's are a wellspring of happiness for me.

Love you all.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #3337

Okay...I'm SO SOLD on this new young artist, making her debut at 23 with So You Think You Can Dance...how fortunate for her...!
Love her voice...LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! She has the voice, the style, guts, all of it.

Waiting anxiously for her to make it big.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #3338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Darn computer! I cant see any videos! Still waiting for DH to install all the goodies on our new software.

Twyla! I meant to tell you that now that I finally have some knowledge on carbs/prot/fat etc. on when and how to eat them. I think that I am going to join you in the TKD carb cycling approach! I LOVE it! Since I am unable to do any cardio I think this would be great for me. I get carbs when my body really needs them and on days off from lifting I can have all the goodie fats that I've gone without!
Im so happy that you list your macros during the day with activities. That really helps me out.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:09 AM   #3339

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Twyla! I meant to tell you that now that I finally have some knowledge on carbs/prot/fat etc. on when and how to eat them. I think that I am going to join you in the TKD carb cycling approach! I LOVE it! Since I am unable to do any cardio I think this would be great for me. I get carbs when my body really needs them and on days off from lifting I can have all the goodie fats that I've gone without!
Im so happy that you list your macros during the day with activities. That really helps me out.
Jami, TKD is a great approach to getting lean and priming your body for the intake of all those carbs, because your insulin sensitivity has increased by the depletion earlier in the week. Try to make sure that your first few meals of the day have rapidly-absorbing carbs and keep the slower, complex carbs for later in the day. Helps to shuttle the carbs into the cells more quickly. And lots of water.

I remember being so AMAZED on the day after ingesting 250-300 carbs that I saw/felt NO BLOAT WHATSOEVER. Amazing energy on the carb up day and the day after too.

I'll be anxious to follow along as you go to see how your body responds.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:21 AM   #3340

Updating Monday:

Kept it to an all-cardio day. Began the morning with a 40 min power walk, with 1-min running intervals , followed by a slow, gentle session of stretching.

Added in a 22-min session of s/s cardio on the elliptical after work. Felt a little hungrier than the day before. Drank tons of water and kept my meals spaced.

When Gavin arrived home from his summer job late yesterday afternoon, he went to the gym to work out. When he got home from the gym around 7:00, he told me that the female co-owner had asked where I was, and was asking if he thought I might be interested in lifting with her on Saturday. I replied, "She did???? Seriously???" He went on to say that she'd been wanting to lift with me, after seeing my intensity and style, but always had a client with her when I would come to the gym and couldn't get free. Hmmmm..... How cool is THAT?

I'm looking forward to talking with her, swapping gray matter, and picking up some training tips from her. She looks AY-MAYZING, and I'll definitely benefit from getting to know her better.

He so made my day with that announcement.

Today will be LB and bicep day at the gym after work (assuming I have time), and then later this evening singing practice. Busy day ahead.

TOTALS MONDAY:

CALS...........1477
PROT.............202
CARBS.............59
FIBER..............14
FAT................52

WORKOUTS as stated.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #3341

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Jami, looking back through my jounal (huge eye-opener, learning tool for me, keeping a journal!), I ran across this entry from April 26th, 2008. Made me smile. Excites me just thinking about it.

Quote:
The day ended with far more energy than it began. Very busy day, loads of stuff to do, places to go, baseball game, housework, and not enuf time to do it.............

...........Decided to get in 20 mins of cardio and some isolated ab and gluteal work (10 mins) after dinner, while energy levels were still revved. Trying to eat 2500 today, and I ate just over that...so uh, I think I made it. Carbs WAY up thar! So weird that I really don't feel bloated or stuffed, maybe just a tiny bit in my abs, but not really. Not when you consider what all I've eaten today. That blows me away....

MAC TOTALS:

CALS 2706

FAT........51 GR.....17%
CARBS..503 GR....70%
FIBER.....34 GR
PROT 74 GR.....11%

Junk eaten: 1 chocolate choc/chip muffin, 1 bowl lowfat moosetracks icecream, 2 Weight Watcher cookies

Misc carbs: fruit, bagels, cereal, skim milk, bean burritos, popcorn, pretzels, dried fruit, asparagus

Tomorrow begins LC day, 30 or under, gonna back down to about 1700-1800 cals, but will have one last cheat meal at the end of the day before I begin carb rotations, starting Monday.

Monday will be a high day, 250-300 carbs, and high cals, prob around 2100, low fat.

Fingers remain crossed as I test the waters of new territory.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #3342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth
Quote:

Still, there are times when (as is my nature/personality) I love being alone, away from the crowds, from anyone, and just do my own thing in the peace and solitude of my own home.
Ditto!!!!
Even if I have a gym just in front of my house door I still prefer working out at home: it seems to me that I can focus more on what I'm doing and, furthermore, it helps me to wash away my worries because I'm far away from "the madding crowd", it's a special "me time".
I wish you a great week, and hope you'll find time for yourself to work through your loss
Old 07-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #3343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Twyla, Holy Smokies! Thats a lot of food! Were you having a refeed?? Erik on LBC has me eating the amount of cals that I was eating when I did BFL, which was a shocker!
I think I may start a Journal as well. Its nice that I can go back on MyPlate to see things, but nothing was documented about how any of it worked for me.
I think now with the TKD approach, Refeeds are going to be in the plan! I have never really officially had one. At the end of Body For Life, I had a really small refeed the night before my pics and it did help, my muscles were really plumped out.
Thank you for sharing that with me!!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #3344

Tuesday was a rather busy day for me, at least from after work forward. I drove home from work through a blinding, ferocious rainstorm, traffic creeping, hardly moving from huge deposits of water on the highway. When I got home, I was craving sleep/rest so badly. I took a 25-min power nap, and then quickly dressed and went to the gym. Got in LB and biceps, rushed from there back home, freshened up and changed in less than 10 mins and headed off to sing, not getting home until 9:00 or so, maybe a little after.

A slight setback with my knee improvement: Stupid me, thinking I could handle it, I attempted to do DB stepups on a bench at the gym yesterday, and after only ONE, felt a stabbing pain in my bad knee, immediately stopped, stretched, , and threw in the white flag ON THAT. Finished up with deadlifts and some preacher curls. I have to realize there are certain lower body things that are for now, and maybe for a very long time, off limits. And that's definitely one of them.

TOTALS:

CALS..............1598
PROT...............209
CARBS...............68
FIBER................15
FAT..................58

25 MINS TURBO JAM CARDIO (w/gloves) a.m.
18 MINS AB JAM a.m.
45 MINS LB AND BICEPS p.m.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #3345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Twyla! Thanks for the reply.. finally! LOl Just kidding.

Im glad you got home safely from your raining road trip. Its been terrible this year with weather! It rains every other day here. Then when its not raining its incredibly humid and hot. Not a very fun summer here in the Midwest. Here's to fall having some nice weather. I love fall, dont you?
Sorry about your knee! Does it bother you if you do Turbo Jam? I have been having some issues too, but only happens when I do any form of cardio, even walking for a while. My left hip, down to my knee hurts and both my legs go numb. I had an mri of my back and there was no herniation thank goodness. I think that there is some type of impingement somewhere though.

Great workouts btw!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #3346

"We must all suffer to some degree
from a choice of two pains:
the pain of DISCIPLINE
or the pain of REGRET."

- M2 Fitness

Old 07-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #3347

Received my latest Netrition order today...anxiously awaiting a new flavor whey protein to try. It's a yummy keeper!

Champion Whey Banana Scream

Good stuff!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #3348

WEDNESDAY TOTALS:

CALS...................1441
PROT.....................208
CARBS.....................50
FIBER......................13
FAT........................52

35 MINS POWER WALK A.M.
15 MINS CALLANETICS P.M.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #3349
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Hope your weekend is going great!!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #3350

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:

Thank you for your condolences re my mom. My heart aches with missing her, more than I can even put into words. Good days and bad days, all to be expected.

I understand that feeling. My grandmother just passed late last friday and we all had to say goodbye .. We layed her to rest next to grandpa on wednesday.

Excited to hear what comes of your meeting at the gym! How fun will that be!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #3351

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Quote:

"We must all suffer to some degree
from a choice of two pains:
the pain of DISCIPLINE
or the pain of REGRET."

- M2 Fitness

So true.

Have a great day, Ms. Twyla!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:21 AM   #3352

Monday, July 26

Today begins a new work week. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I would prefer cooler temps to make the weekends a little more pleasant, but afterall, it IS summer, and we'll just have to deal with the hot, muggy weather for a while, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post

I understand that feeling. My grandmother just passed late last friday and we all had to say goodbye .. We layed her to rest next to grandpa on wednesday.

Ileen, I am so very sorry to hear this. Grandmothers hold such sweet, special places in our hearts. May your memories of her comfort you and keep her close to your heart always. Praying for your healing and comfort.

Excited to hear what comes of your meeting at the gym! How fun will that be.

The workout with the co-owner on Saturday was ALL THAT. I really enjoyed working out with her, getting to know her better, and allowing her to kick my butt sufficiently. O-U-C-H. My muscle soreness is even worse this morning than on yesterday morning.
I am going to try to make it to the gym this evening, once I take youngest son to his first football practice. I'll be working biceps and back today. LB is still screaming for mercy, and I'm listening. This morning I'll do some cardio and some Callanetics and stretching.

I'm counting the days --- OH.SO.EXCITED. --- till my oldest son Zach returns home from Japan. Only FOUR MORE DAYS. I can't believe it's been almost a year since he's been gone. He arrives home late Friday night. I'm going to be putting up balloons and welcome banners at the entrance to our subdivision and in the house, and friends are going with us to take pictures and video the homecoming. My head spins just thinking about it. So much emotion and excitment awaits!

My middle son and I have bonded closer this summer than ever before. I've enjoyed having him home from college. He's matured a lot, and his summer job has kept him busy and taught him responsibility. He prefers structure anyway, and that, coupled with his allegiance to lifting and working out, he's had very little down time. I think he's excitied about his upcoming football season.

Zach won't believe how much my youngest has grown since he's been in Japan. He's shot up like a weed, and his voice is much deeper....my baby is growing up.

I had a lower carb week all last week, and enjoyed some freedom on the weekend with a bit higher cals and carbs. I'm backing back down to my lower cals and carbs for another week.

Going for another cup of coffee....looking forward to a productive week ahead.

TOTALS SUNDAY:

CALS..........1286
PROT............184
CARBS............41
FIBER.............10
FAT...............41

25 MINS CARDIO, ELLIPTICAL

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 07-26-2010 at 02:26 AM..
Old 07-26-2010, 03:25 AM   #3353

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
how exciting for YOU! all your kiddos home.. will he be staying home or is it just a short visit
Everyone says just wait till all the kiddos are out. We have 2 of our 5 boys on their own.. My Zach often not home between work and school, leaving only 2 often about.. The house seems so empty without all the noise and sounds we once had. I dont like it this way, prefer it bursting at the seams with life and sound..

Have a great week and thank you for the comfort..
Old 07-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #3354

Quote:
how exciting for YOU! all your kiddos home.. will he be staying home or is it just a short visit
Everyone says just wait till all the kiddos are out. We have 2 of our 5 boys on their own.. My Zach often not home between work and school, leaving only 2 often about.. The house seems so empty without all the noise and sounds we once had. I dont like it this way, prefer it bursting at the seams with life and sound..

We both have Zachs!

My Zach will only be home for about two months, then he leaves for Germany for a year. Something tells me that when he leaves "home" this time, he won't be returning. I'm bittersweet about that.

I love my sons, I love having them around me, but at the same time, I love it that they're maturing into fine young men, ready to start their own lives, chase their own dreams.

There's that side of me that although I love having my family around me, I love having freedom too.

Working full time, it's tough trying to keep a clean house when all three of them are home. Three guys? Surely you know what I mean. It wears me out trying to keep up with all that needs done, and still find time for me. Is that selfish?

Speaking of time for me, I wanted to go the gym later this evening, but my energy levels are tanked. I've been SO TIRED all afternoon. I'll wait it out and see.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #3355

Quote:

Yes, you have a good week too.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:18 AM   #3356

I had said: Looking forward to a productive week in my last post.

Well, the week is young, but, yesterday I felt like crap most of the day. Totally tanked on energy and hungry as a bear all day.

Crashed into bed last night at 9:30.

Today is a new day. Hopefully it will be much better.

NO, today WILL BE much better.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #3357

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Yes, today WILL BE much better. Make it your best! .
Old 07-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #3358

Yes, a better day.

I find it interesting that as of today -- TUESDAY! -- I'm still having soreness in my inner thigh muscles from Saturday's workout. She SO nailed me. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to wait until Saturday to work LB hard again.

I mean, if I'm gonna do LB training, I may as well go at it and GET.IT.DONE.RIGHT.

So.

Better day energy and eats wise. Totals will follow later. Cardio only day, first thing in the a.m. It's that time of year when the days are getting shorter and I don't see the sun on my morning cardio until a half hour into it....the sunrise was hitting a huge spread of spotted clouds this morning. Absolutely stunningly beautiful. What a blessing to see.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #3359

Okay. Time to exhale.

I have a cup of decaf green tea and I'm taking a breather. I've run errands all evening, did some cleaning, organizing. I'm ready to chillax. I'm gonna listen to some Chris Botti and try to unwind from the day. I've gotta shake this funk I've slipped into. Something keeps gnawing at me, not any one thing particularly, just a series of little things that pile up steal my happy from me. Gotta rise above that.

When this hits, I try to find ways to distract myself -- laugher, music, reading. All of these engage my attention, my mind, my spirt, my soul.

Whatever works.

Totals for the day:

cals.........1341
prot...........186
carbs...........42
fiber............11
fat..............51

40 mins of morning cardio w/intervals

Old 07-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #3360

My oldest son will be arriving home from Japan this coming Friday, late that evening. A celebration is planned to welcome him home. I can't wait.

Before he left for Japan, I had tried encouraging him for the last couple of years to take better care of his health and fitness. He had terrible eating habits, never exercised, and had put on LOTS of weight. In fact, when he left for Japan, he told me (later) that he weighed over 300 lbs. He's 6'2, and he can carry a good amount of weight at that height, but most of that was NOT muscle -- unlike his younger brother, who's a rock-solid beast, and it was certainly hard on his heart, his knees, etc. He would get winded just climbing the stairs in our home. I had hoped that my setting an example, Gavin's setting an example, would help. It did not.

When Mother's Day arrived, he sent me pics that a friend had taken of him, and at that time he had dropped 50 lbs. I was so thrilled, so proud of him!

Since then, he's lost quite a bit more, at least 75, I'm sure. I just received word that his end-of-the-year bike trip went well. He and a friend had planned a 350-mile bike trip, and he had reported via email that they had completed it, were very tired, and were in Osaka, resting at a coffee house, were gonna shower and then take the bus back to Tokyo.

This is a huge milestone for him, his quest to take his health and fitness seriously. I'm already so very proud of his academic accomplishments, and now he's taken the responsibility of giving his health priorty.

I am one proud Momma today. My heart sings with pride.

Countdown till Friday!!!!!!!! I'm guessing we'll wear the camera out.

Closed Thread