LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #3091
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hey T,

Thank you for that lovely idea. I'm definitely going to do it. I got in some exercise both Mon and yesterday and feeling that wonderful soreness today.

Don't you just love those hectic mornings? Looks like you handled it with ease. As for the hunger issues - I think you are right stress does it for me. Don't get me wrong I do some mindless eating, but I also am hungrier. But it could also be the dreaded TOM as Tempted suggested. I'm going through that right now.

Have a beautiful day!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #3092
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Hey T,

Thank you for that lovely idea. I'm definitely going to do it. I got in some exercise both Mon and yesterday and feeling that wonderful soreness today.

Don't you just love those hectic mornings? Looks like you handled it with ease. As for the hunger issues - I think you are right stress does it for me. Don't get me wrong I do some mindless eating, but I also am hungrier. But it could also be the dreaded TOM as Tempted suggested. I'm going through that right now.

Have a beautiful day!
Oh, so-so.

And about the hunger, you guys may be right (TOM crap), that combined with stress/emotions.

It seems to have quieted down a bit. I won't hold my breath. The day is young. This is where it takes mountains of willpower to PUSH through the grind of it. Gonna try.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:43 AM   #3093

Good LB training yesterday morning. Felt great. So in my element. Good tunes. Tried doing BB squats with a std size bar so I could go heavier (usually use the Smith), and it doesn't work so well without a rack and/or spotter. :blush: I looked rather goofy getting the crazy thing off my shoulders and back to the floor w/o killing myself. I'd squat, then tip, then ease it off one side, then lower. My son used that bar mostly for power cleans and deadlifts, so never needed a rack. Besides, he'd just do rack work at the gym or while training with his teammates.

I want new toys. More plates. Bands. A rack. Oh, and while I'm at it, surround sound speakers, satellite radio, a full-size mirror, ceiling fans, juice bar....

Old 04-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #3094

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
We got a rack last yr.. LOVE mine.. i have my eye on some bands that i want too. I also need more plates because my 'gym' uses two rooms and i want a tree just for the rack/cage and not have to drag them over from the hip/sled or other unit that the family uses.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #3095
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
I am also looking at bands. Since I have been doing rehab work on my shoulder with the cheap latex band, I have seen the value in the constant resistance. I am looking at the TO Bands. They look very sturdy and giving varying degrees of resistance.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #3096
Blabbermouth!!!

To Dream about the perfect gym... LOL

Morning! I just started using bands too. I actually read an article where they said a study showed faster results with bands over weights for getting that nice lean look.

Have a great day!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #3097
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
I've been using bands for the P90X and I like them a lot. Thanks for that info about them Kell, makes me like them even more!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #3098

Yeah. Good concept. "The perfect gym."

Updating yesterday before I forget to: Kept it to a low-med day since I'd had some higher cal days before; wanted to manage the hunger and the deficits a little tighter. Worked well. Today and Friday will be back to low. Hunger seems to have subsided.

WEDNESDAY TOTALS:

CALS.................1591
PROT..................182 (46%)
CARBS.................102 (23%)
FIBER....................17
FAT.......................52 (29%)

45 MINS LB TRAINING, with bicep work & two sets of inclined DB presses
Old 04-25-2010, 03:42 AM   #3099

Running late!

Long overdue in posting. Will try to catch up today.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #3100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Twyla- thank for the kind words you posted. Good to hear them. Back on solid track and discplined. New toys are great. want some too. Have a great week.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #3101

Lola, you are entirely welcome. Glad to hear you're back on track.

Updating my journal from...hmmm...when...did I last post?

I'll hit the highlights. First, The past three days have been very busy. I took a day off on Friday, spending the day at my Mom's house, preparing and painting her bedroom for when she comes home from the hosp on Tuesday. When I got home Friday evening, I was mentally and physically exhausted from the whole week, and I crashed for TWO HOURS. When I awoke, still not very hungry, I decided I needed humor more than food. Watched a very funny movie then went to bed. Friday was a low day in rotations, but did not track all day. POOPED.

Saturday, a scheduled high day. I tracked MOST of the day, and had made the decision early on to go with a medium to med-high day. (I had indiscretions on Thurs night.
As it turns out, it WAS the dreaded WH0R-mones from the unwanted visitor So I began the day with a fantastic full body workout, with hopes of doing s/s cardio later, but it didn't happen. There was a baseball game, visits to Mom, chores around the house, singing practice with the group I'm in, and by day's end, all I wanted to do was chill and unplug with a glass or two of wine on the back screened porch. My visit with Mom was uplifting to my spirit. It was the first "good" day she'd had in a very long while. She's counting the days till she can come home to "sit on her back porch." Simple pleasures continue to take on a whole new meaning to me.

Sunday: Up very early to be at the church in time to sing for two services, having to stay after to practice AGAIN for an upcoming performance mid May with three guys who will be joining us for that one. (It's a good thing I like to sing...I feel I've been singing all day long!) Back home, grabbed a light lunch, and a nap was calling my name. Napped this time about 1.5 hrs.

I'm trying to give in to my body's need for rest. I am living each day one day at a time. It's how I get through. I am a planner; I like knowing what tomorrow brings, and next week, and next month, and goals, and deadlines, and, and, and.... For now, it's enuf just to live my best each day, do my best, be my best, give my best. And leave the rest to Him. This is a season that has entered my life, and I've come to terms with it and its temporary demands.

I'm thankful that each day my knee feels a tiny bit better. Trying to be patient as I wait, and wait, and wait. I WILL get to run again. I just know it.

I was daydreaming earlier.....dreaming of lying on the beach, listening to crashing waves, sun on my face, hearing the seagulls, the ocean breeze whipping my hair and cooling me -- that is a daydream from "another" season of my life.

One day at a time.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #3102

you have a great attitude.

we may not always be able to control what is happening, all is have as a weapons is our attitude.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 AM   #3103

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
you have a great attitude.

we may not always be able to control what is happening, all is have as a weapons is our attitude.

Thanks, Ileen.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #3104

Updating Sunday's totals (as best I can).

Sunday was a low day in rotations for me. The fierce hunger issues have subsided, now that TOM has announced his presence, and I can both feel AND see a huge difference in my body. So. Back to my game and focus.

Spent time yesterday afternoon spraying down my back screened porch -- covered in pollen -- and then relocating all the green plants and foliage/trees from inside the house to the porch, having babysat them all winter. I love the "tropical oasis" feel amidst all the greenery. I bought two new palms with very cool matching planters yesterday at Home Depot. I'll spend this coming weekend giving some of the porch furniture a fresh coat of black paint. My next project -- can't wait -- is to repaint the surface of the porch (concrete) a dark terra cotta, with faux cracks and accents in black, then seal it. A few added candles, and it will be complete.

What is it about that "back porch" that I love so much? Must have inherited my porch fettish from Mom. Everyone needs a sanctuary, I suppose.

Last Friday I began the day (before going to Mom's to paint) with 20 mins of HIIT, followed by 10 mins of s/sm, and about 20 mins of Callanetics. Saturday was training, full body. Sunday, s/s cardio. Another low carb rotation on tap for today.

TOTALS SUNDAY:

CALS.........1234 (not including grilled chicken salad from Applebees)
PROT..........122
CARBS..........36
FIBER.............5
FAT..............60

30 MINS S/S CARDIO, ELLIPTICAL (a few intervals thrown in)
Old 04-26-2010, 05:43 AM   #3105
Major LCF Poster!

I love our back patio also. It is just so nice to be so close to nature. Hope that you are getting some quality time with your mom. Hope you have a great week.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #3106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring it on View Post
I love our back patio also. It is just so nice to be so close to nature. Hope that you are getting some quality time with your mom. Hope you have a great week.
Agreed, Rich. I think that's it exactly, being closer to nature. Who needs brick and mortar, right?

My mom comes home from the hospital tomorrow. Our family members are taking turns staying with her around the clock. My first "duty" is Friday evening through noon Saturday. I'll have her all to myself. Plan to make the most of it. We'll have a "porch" party. What better reason to celebrate.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:42 AM   #3107
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey T. So happy to hear your mom comes home today. I hope you all get some good old fashioned quality time together. Hugs and keeping you in my prayers and thoughts
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 AM   #3108

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Hey T. So happy to hear your mom comes home today. I hope you all get some good old fashioned quality time together. Hugs and keeping you in my prayers and thoughts
Hi, Kelley. Thanks! Yeah, lookin forward to this one. I stopped by her house yesterday to make sure it was all ready. The "Sisters" have gotten it more user friendly for her, in addition to the new paint job and fresh linens, etc. She should be pleased.

Updates for Tuesday:

Low day in rotations. Went a little high on protein on Monday's macs, trying to manage some hunger. Turbo Jam early morning, and that always makes me hungrier on days I do that workout. Did some concentration work on biceps after work, along with back. Good day overall.

CALS.............1863
PROT...............227 (49%)
CARBS...............47 (9%)
FIBER................11
FAT.................. 92 (44%)

40 MINS TURBO JAM w/gloves A.M.
30 MINS BACK & BICEPS SPLIT P.M.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-27-2010 at 06:45 AM..
Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 AM   #3109

Updating Tues April 27:

Low day in CR. Hunger more controlled YESSSSSSS! I'm hoping to get at least two days out of the week at a larger deficit, and I think stress and hormones are giving me a tougher battle lately. But I will not quit.... not evah! Over, under, around or through -- but I'll never give up. This is only a small bump in the road. I'll get THROUGH IT.

So that said, yesterday was a good day. Victorious day.

My mom made it home, but I only got to talk to her briefly by phone. Hugely busy day, right up until bedtime.

Today is a med day in rotations. LB this morning with delt and tricep work.

TOTALS:

CALS..............1616
PROT...............176
CARBS...............59
FIBER................13
FAT..................80

45 MINS SUPER CALLANETICS
10 MINS HIIT

17 MINS S/S CARDIO (PM)
Old 04-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #3110

Glad mom made it home and is settling in!

My deck is high off the ground and 'in the trees' i love sitting out on my patio swing. Im thinking of putting my bicycle on 'trainers' out there
Old 04-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Glad mom made it home and is settling in!

My deck is high off the ground and 'in the trees' i love sitting out on my patio swing. Im thinking of putting my bicycle on 'trainers' out there
Thanks.

Oh, and the patio among the trees...ahhhhh....YES, DEFINITELY put that bike on trainers out there! Very cool idea.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:39 AM   #3112
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey T!

So glad Momma Kathleen is home. Keep up the good fight. Love and Prayers coming your way!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #3113
Major LCF Poster!

Glad that your mom is home.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #3114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hey Twyla!

I'm finally back where I belong, here on LCF. I have started a blog just to make myself accountable. There's a lot I need to read to catch up but wanted to say hello because you have always been inspiring to me. Look forward to getting back in the groove.

~Bronwyn

Last edited by Bronwyn; 04-28-2010 at 10:44 AM..
Old 04-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #3115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Hey Twyla!

I'm finally back where I belong, here on LCF. I have started a blog just to make myself accountable. There's a lot I need to read to catch up but wanted to say hello because you have always been inspiring to me. Look forward to getting back in the groove.

~Bronwyn
Bronwyn! I haven't seen you in a forever long time. I need to find your blog and catch up on YOU. Thank you for paying me the kudos and the visit. I have missed you. So glad to know that you've returned to your mission, and to see your pretty smiling avatar
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #3116

Updating Wednesday.

Med day in CR, though slightly on the low side of med. Great day in both managing meals & macros, AND training. My LB was intense, adding in delts and triceps throughout, with more volume on triceps. I've been increasing weight gradually over the past few weeks on deadlifts and squats.

Enjoyed my protein oatmeal pancakes for breakfast, saving some (too full) for my midmorning snack.

Feeling GOOD this morning with my progress, with how I feel.

Very busy day in court. Jury trial in progress. Stayed busy (AGAIN) right up until "crash" time.

Anxious to Skype with Zach tonight.

TOTALS:

CALS..................1676
PROT....................205
CARBS...................116
FIBER......................25
FAT........................52
Old 04-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #3117
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Twyla!

Thank you for writing back. I think if you click on my avatar is has a spot for a blog counter, or at least I can see it. When I get time I really need to read through your journal to glean some more inspiration. I also picked up a magazine called "Get Off the Couch" what has also helped. Now, I just have to get moving!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 AM   #3118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Hi Twyla!

Thank you for writing back. I think if you click on my avatar is has a spot for a blog counter, or at least I can see it. When I get time I really need to read through your journal to glean some more inspiration. I also picked up a magazine called "Get Off the Couch" what has also helped. Now, I just have to get moving!
Bronwyn, I've heard of that "Get off the Couch," just not too familiar with it. YOu'll have to fill me in. Later today I plan to hunt you down, your blog. I hope you've been well and life has been good to you since you've been gone. So glad you've rejoined the forces.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:28 AM   #3119

Adding an omission from Wednesday's update. Forgot to mention my training.

45 mins LB training, with delts & biceps.

Updating Thursday:

Low day in CR. Went rather well until later in the day. Hunger hit. I didn't do too bad, but I didn't stay "under" as much as I'd hoped. DOMS in triceps from Wednesday. It's funny how the DOMS come and go in different areas of the body.

Son #3, after being in a batting slump the last 3 games, broke through. Bottom of last inning; score is tied, runner on third; 2 outs; he smacks one out to deep center field and wins the game. SUH-WEET, BABYDOLL!

Today is low. I spend the night with my mom tonight. Packing extra food to take along with me. Armed with clean eating. She'll likely go to bed early, so I'm taking a DVD with me to keep me company.

TOTALS THURS:

CALS................1792 (plus roughly 200 cal snack after the game)
PROT.................193
CARBS.................47
FIBER..................12
FAT.....................90

15 MINS ABS A.M.
20 MINS HIIT A.M.
15 MINS S/S
Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #3120
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much for finding me! Everything you said was absolutely correct. I need more planning and attention to my health and let other things go! I'm going to return to the Callanetics Challenge for May. I also have a basic weight DVD by Joyce Vedral that I like and also bought The Firm Wave. Now, all I have to do is get moving!!!

You are such a sweetie; you really and truly are!
Closed Thread