Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:36 AM   #3061
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Updating for Tues Apr 13:

Stuck to plan pretty well, aside from the two glasses of wine I had at Bunco last night. No "legal food" there, except some Buffalo Chicken Dip. I had a few bites of that.

It actually crossed my mind last night: Wouldn't it be cool to play Bunco with a bunch of people who were fitness conscious?

I needed the "fix" last night, getting out and away from reality for an evening and cranking up the endorphins with good hearty laughter and friends. So refreshing. Most every Bunco member lives in our neighborhood, four of us live practically side by side, so the four of us were walking home last night, and we stood outside in one of our driveways and were STILL LAUGHING our butts off (but even harder now) about things that had happened at Bunco. We were figuring the neighbors around us probably were looking out their windows thinking: Wouldja look at THAT! Four grown, intoxicated women out there at this time of night making a disturbance when they should be in bed! We weren't exactly, uh, quiet. But only one of us would really qualify as truly "intoxicated," and it wasn't me. We were simply just having a lot of fun, and it just happened to a be Tuesday night instead of a weekend.

So my totals for the day aren't exact, but close.

Today is my medium day. LB awaits.

TOTALS: (not including wine and bites of dip)

CALS............1733
PROT............182
CARBS............94
FIBER.............20
FAT...............74

WORKOUTS:

1 HOURS SUPER CALLANETICS
8 MINS CARDIO
20 MINS UB SPLIT (BACK & CHEST)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 04:58 AM   #3062

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Yeah for some midweek fun and laughs-does a body good!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #3063
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Laughing with the girl-buds = major fun.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #3064
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Laughing with the girl-buds = major fun.
Also works those abs! Laugh so hard it hurts.

Glad you were able to see some time of refreshment.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #3065
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Sounds like you all had a lovely time, laughing is the best medicine
Old 04-15-2010, 02:56 AM   #3066

Laughter is DEFINITELY the best medicine!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 AM   #3067

Catching up...overslept this morning a bit, and ran out of time to post yesteray's totals.

Yesterday was a great MEDIUM day. As part of my carb splurge, I shared an icecream bar with my Mom at the hospital.
I'm certain that I've never enjoyed sharing icecream as much in my entire life as at that moment of purest, simple bliss.

An icecream bar.

So simple. So ordinary. So cherished.

I was able to get an intense LB lifting session in yesterday morning. Four sets of each exercise, no more than 10-15 sec rests between sets/circuits, and ended out with some biceps work. If I train biceps alone, w/o other UB work, I can lift heavier, so I gave it my all. Felt great. Then devoured my post-w/o snack and later my beloved pro-oat pancakes.

Long and busy day yesterday, and when I finally made it home and my head hit the pillow last night, my eyes closed simultaneously into a very, deep, much-needed sleep.

After a light snack and morning coffee, I began the day with cardio, the last half of which was spent outside in the brisk morning air, the quiet, fresh light of day tantalizing me with an overwhelming urge TO RUN.
I literally spoke to myself aloud: No, Twyla. You can't run. You can't run. You can't run. The mantra worked. I obeyed. Ahhhhhh....but it felt so great to be outside this morning.

TOTALS FOR WED:

CALS................1690
PROT.................189 (45%)
CARBS................129 (27%)
FIBER...................21
FAT.....................44 (23%)

40 MINS LB TRAINING & BICEPS
Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #3068

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
your ice cream moment with your mom was a treasured moment. Glad ya'll had that time together..

no running! I put my knee to the test yesterday.. im normally ok with running it's the squatting stuff that bugs me.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #3069

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
your ice cream moment with your mom was a treasured moment. Glad ya'll had that time together..

no running! I put my knee to the test yesterday.. im normally ok with running it's the squatting stuff that bugs me.
Ya know, it baffles me that squats don't seem to bother my knee -- except for the one-legged squats. Regular and sumo squats are fine. But then I don't lift as heavy as you do, so that may be part of the reason for that. :blush: It's the IMPACT stuff that bothers my knee most. And descending stairs??? Not fun.

It occurred to me just last night, the only way I can get in any kind of HIIT right now is on the elliptical. In fact, elliptical is IT for a while. Not gonna feel sorry for myself. This thing has to heal eventually.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-16-2010 at 02:25 AM..
Old 04-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #3070

FRIDAY - WEIGH DAY

Down 1/2 pound. Damn. My goal is to lose one pound a week. Oh, well, it will catch up eventually. It's all part of the GRIND of dieting, burning fat, preserving LBM.

Yesterday was back to LC. Went well. It was an all cardio day. I didn't get as much cardio in as I'd hoped. I had gone out last night and was almost finished with my first lap in the neighborhood when I saw headlights coming at me, a white vehicle, and as it approached and I heard the familiar engine, I knew: MY SON WAS HOME FROM COLLEGE! I couldn't wait to see him, talk to him, so I finished the lap and headed back to the house. We talked for over an hour. He's been training full tilt for a couple of months, both with track & field, and now the football team has begun training again, and his schedule is jam-packed. He's been working his *SS off, both physically and academically, to find that magical balance. AND OMG...HE LOOKS AMAZING. His traps! His size! He's leaned out! Just fantastic progress. And all nice and tanned! He pretty much lives outside these days.

He said he had put his own twist to his conditioning coach's program, had begun doing his own thing (lifting wise) because he didn't feel he was working hard enough and targeting things as squarely as he had hoped to. Said he walked in to see that coach the other day, and he said, "Damn, boy!" And went on with accolades of "...whatever you're doing, keep doing it" kind of comments. Made him proud -- MAKES ME PROUD!

He talked about his nutrition. He shared with me his lifting schedule and protocol. We excitedly exchanged notes/tips on nutrition and such. Time flew by. And before I knew it, it was past my bedtime.

Oh, well. I needed him more than I need cardio anyway.

TOTALS FOR THURS:

CALS...........1806
PROT............187 (42%)
CARBS........... 66 (13%)
FIBER.............19
FAT...............91 (45%)

WORKOUTS:

38 MINS CARDIO
10 MINS ABS

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-16-2010 at 02:42 AM..
Old 04-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #3071

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Like son like Mother? or something like that?!!! Very very cool!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
.... It occurred to me just last night, the only way I can get in any kind of HIIT right now is on the elliptical. In fact, elliptical is IT for a while. Not gonna feel sorry for myself. This thing has to heal eventually.
When I have leg issues the other thing I do for cardio is that darn arm cycle thingy -- and it is a hellish invention -- and I have pretty big biceps/triceps but get me on that thing and I am sweating bullets. It feels weird to be seated doing cardio, but i found it a welcome change from the elliptical at times ... maybe I was just thankful I didn't have to venture into the pool ... just a thought for you Twyla!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #3072

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
Like son like Mother? or something like that?!!! Very very cool!!!!!!!

When I have leg issues the other thing I do for cardio is that darn arm cycle thingy -- and it is a hellish invention -- and I have pretty big biceps/triceps but get me on that thing and I am sweating bullets. It feels weird to be seated doing cardio, but i found it a welcome change from the elliptical at times ... maybe I was just thankful I didn't have to venture into the pool ... just a thought for you Twyla!
Hellish invention.

Yeah, well, I am no longer a member of the gym. It was not convenient for me, and I found myself working out more at home than there -- particularly for weight training, since the times I could lift were always at times when the area was saturated with amplified-grunting testosterone species who liked dominating (with an attitude) the free weight area. I was just wasting my time/money.

But thanks for the suggestion, Pauline. Thank goodness I at least have my elliptical at home until I see improved healing.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #3073

Twyla my knee definitely hurts more on single leg stuff too. With the knee issues and my tilted pelvis.. I wasnt squatting heavy at all. This week i finally was able to increase to 155 for 6 reps. I used to consistently squat 175 for those reps and higher wt for a pr..

Stupid knees!

My 2nd oldest kiddo trains too. He has the perfect bodybuilder build.. short.. he back is so thick! (jealous!) It's near to share my (our) lifting and nutriton too.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #3074

Quote:
Twyla my knee definitely hurts more on single leg stuff too. With the knee issues and my tilted pelvis.. I wasnt squatting heavy at all. This week i finally was able to increase to 155 for 6 reps. I used to consistently squat 175 for those reps and higher wt for a pr..

Stupid knees!

My 2nd oldest kiddo trains too. He has the perfect bodybuilder build.. short.. he back is so thick! (jealous!) It's near to share my (our) lifting and nutriton too.
Ileen, you and I, we just need to go get us a couple new knees. Wish it were that easy, huh?

Oh, and the 155? :blush: That be heavy for me. You're in another league, girlfriend.

We seem to have more in common that we realize -- the sons who train? Close in age. Penchant for fitness & clean nutrition. Passionate about the beach. Hmmm.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #3075
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Gorgeous new avatar!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:15 AM   #3076
Big Yapper!!!!

Lovely New picture T, your glowing!!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #3077
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Great Avi!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #3078
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
I concur...beautiful avi T!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #3079
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Yeah, well, I am no longer a member of the gym. It was not convenient for me, and I found myself working out more at home than there -- particularly for weight training, since the times I could lift were always at times when the area was saturated with amplified-grunting testosterone species who liked dominating (with an attitude) the free weight area.
This is what I've always found! Those grunters give me the icks.

I'm working out at home more and more myself. Pup is going to hang a pullup bar we picked up.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #3080

Catchin' up....

Thanks on the avatar comments.

Daisy, I want a pull up bar too. It's on my list. Good for you, gettin in those workouts at home.

Updating for Friday through Sunday (today):

Wow. Very busy weekend. The weather has been beautiful. A little breezy, but warm sun and blue skies. Spent a lot of time with my son this weekend. We had a chance to have a lot of long, much-needed talks. We watched Son3's baseball game together on Saturday -- he scored the first run! Spent time with Mom. Played catchup with errands, housework, groceries, stuff. Played mediator for the neighborhood kids who hung out at the house Saturday night, did the pizza/snacks/drinks with them, kept them at bay with their rowdiness. (Boys!) Worshipped this morning.

Made time for me this weekend. Worked my rotations and got in some great weight training on Saturday. Exchanged "notes" with Gavin on some lifting info. (By the way, Ileen, he liked the lateral throws) Cooked up some chicken and eggs for this week's menus.

Today was an all cardio day, the last 2/3's of it spent outside. So nice. Felt great. Feeling a little hungry today. That happens sometimes following high carb days. Usu settles down by the second day of lows. Drinking tons of water today.

TOTALS FOR FRIDAY:

CALS..........1610
PROT...........119
CARBS...........78
FIBER............18
FAT...............77

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS
20 MINS HIIT
10 MINS S/S CARDIO (FOLLOWING HIIT)

TOTALS FOR SATURDAY (HIGH DAY)
(Couldn't track accurately, some meals were eaten out, but I stayed on plan)

CALS.....HIGH (2300 ISH)
CARBS....HIGH (275-300 ISH)
FAT.........LOW
PROTEIN...MED

65 MINS TRAINING:

SMITH SQUATS
DEADLIFTS
LAT PD'S
UR ROWS
SUP. PULLOVERS
DB SQUATS
ROPE PD'S
WALKG LUNGES (2 SETS)
LAT RAISES
SUMO SQUATS
LAT THROWS

(4 SETS OF MOST)

30 MINS CARDIO (15 AM; 15 PM)

TOTALS FOR SUNDAY:

CALS.........1732
PROT............165 (39%)
CARBS...........67 (15%)
FIBER............21
FAT...............96 (48%)

WORKOUTS:

53 MINS CARDIO TOTAL (15 MINS EARLY AFTERNOON)
Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #3081

MONDAY MORNING:

DOMS

in

Hamstrings!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:38 AM   #3082
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Great workout saturday!! Hope you have a great week.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 AM   #3083
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Love the new Avi T! Sounds like you had a nice weekend being a mom. Miss you and envy your workouts. They stared a Jump Start Fitness Challenge at work today and I'm digging in. Looking for motivation to get my body moving once again. Funny how I got my inspiration to become healthier when my dad was first diagnosed with cancer and now that he is out of remission I'm falling back into bad old patterns. UGH!

Prayers and love your way!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:31 AM   #3084

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Love the new Avi T! Sounds like you had a nice weekend being a mom. Miss you and envy your workouts. They stared a Jump Start Fitness Challenge at work today and I'm digging in. Looking for motivation to get my body moving once again. Funny how I got my inspiration to become healthier when my dad was first diagnosed with cancer and now that he is out of remission I'm falling back into bad old patterns. UGH!

Prayers and love your way!
Hi, Kelley...I miss you too, girl. It's funny how different things motivate us to stay on track. In my case, one of my motivating nudges is to gain both strength AND sanity, while dealing with Mom's terminal illness. It actually helps to get me through it.

Do me a favor today? Sit down and make a list of five reasons that motivate you to work out. Place a picture of yourself (a smiling picture) and your dad right beside the list. Put the list in a very obvious place where you'll see it first thing in the morning (may I suggest the bathroom mirror?).

When you hear your inner voice, get up and get at it, and don't look back.

I love you...I've been praying for you and your family. Every day without fail. Keep me posted on you and yours.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring it on View Post
Great workout saturday!! Hope you have a great week.
THAYNK you...

Thaynk ya very much.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #3086

i lol at the testosterone comment.. The commercial gym i used to train at wasnt bad.. The testosterone grunts normally came from wannabees with REALLY bad form and someone spotting the wt half way up!

Glad Gavin liked them too. I dont have them on this new plan.

My poor hams are crying too! I did sprints for the first time in about 6months
Old 04-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #3087

Updating Monday:

Sweet DOMS continued throughout the day in hams and inner thighs. Great reminders of gettin' it done.

Kept it to low carb in rotations. I screwed up Sunday night, my hunger having gotten away from me, and ate an extra 300 cals or so, but oh, well, it probably was needed. It wasn't cravings. I was hungry. So be it.

Extremely busy day yesterday, non-stop from morning till night, crashing into bed with a moan of exhaustion. It's bad enuf that it was a Monday, but an extra list of "stuff" to do made it doubly challenging.

Today is another LC day. I just ate a bit of blueberries and cottage cheese with my morning coffee. Yum.

TOTALS FOR MONDAY:

CALS..........1818
PROT...........197 (43%)
CARBS..........59 (11%)
FIBER...........18
FAT..............99 (48%)

30 MINS CARDIO A.M.
20 MINS CARDIO P.M.
20 MINS DELT & TRICEPS P.M.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-20-2010 at 02:48 AM..
Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #3088

Quote:
i lol at the testosterone comment.. The commercial gym i used to train at wasnt bad.. The testosterone grunts normally came from wannabees with REALLY bad form and someone spotting the wt half way up!

Ya THINK?

Quote:
My poor hams are crying too! I did sprints for the first time in about 6months
Okay. I'm having my first "jealous fit" of the day.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:29 AM   #3089

Updating Tues Apr 20.

Began the day in OMG-mode. Had forgotten I had a dentist appointment BEFORE court. Put it in high gear as I was exiting the shower, getting dressed in record time (was having a good-hair day, sweet! -- and thank God for black, it goes with everything). Grabbed a handful of things from the fridge for lunch, and hit the gas pedal mach 5. Forty+ mins later, I'm exiting the I-state, traffic backed up forever. Took 10 mins just to get off the exit ramp. Arrived at the dentist 2 mins late. Saved. Sort of.

My day stayed busy and hectic with things-to-do all day. Didn't arrive home last night until 9:30. Long day.

Fought the hunger AGAIN TODAY. I am trying to understand WHY the hunger for three straight days. Just can't seem to get full. Can't get that satisifed thing. I'm juggling emotions and stress, and I'm wondering if that's part of it. Quite possibly.

There are some days that I just wanna get in my car and drive and drive and drive and ....

Today is supposed to be a medium day in rotations. I don't feel as "primed" as I usually do, approaching a medium day. But I'll stay with the program. I can't wait to begin my training. It's a lower body day, with biceps. How I need the "charge" and the release.

TOTALS:

CALS.................1788 (excluding a snack before bed, 200-300 cals, starving)
PROT..................161
CARBS..................79
FIBER...................21
FAT......................99

1 hour Super Callanetics

Old 04-21-2010, 05:20 AM   #3090
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe it is dreaded TOM causing your hunger, I hope you work it out soon