Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #3001
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
That's right; you know we understand
& you know that you have my full right now.

Today is almost over.
Tomorrow, you will have a smile

PS: I took your advice & changed my avi

Blessings to you, too, Twyla.

XO,
HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

For now, I have to take care of and make time for what's most important, make time for THOSE THINGS FIRST

Gotta run...wish I could stay and read and visit.

Blessings to all.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #3002
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Just sending some your way for you and your mom.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #3003
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eggshell1970
Stats: 20/11-12/6
Hugs to you and your mom
Old 04-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #3004
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Easter T
Old 04-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #3005
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
What a glorious Easter Sunday it was today. Beautiful sunny skies, nice breeze. After worshipping at church, our family gathered together at my mom's house, siblings and cousins galore, even great-grandchildren, and we had an Easter picnic outside on her lawn, followed by a visit from Easter Bunny and two large egg hunts (200+ eggs).

Mom had not been at her house in over a month, and she was glad to be out of a hospital setting and at her home where she loves to be most. Her pain and discomfort were punctuated by periods of waking and smiles from her as she sat among us in her wheelchair. I held her hand and talked with her. Reassured her. Lots of pictures taken. One fabulous family gathering.

I pray that she can sleep comfortably tonight. I give thanks for this day, for what it means to my family -- to all families of faith -- and for the opportunity to celebrate its significance with my mother and family once more.

And because He lives, we can be certain that some day.....

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes,
and there will be no more death
or sorrow
or crying
or pain.
All these things are gone forever."

Revelation 21:4

Old 04-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #3006

Eggshell & TBF....

Old 04-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #3007
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Twyla, I am glad that you, your mom and your family had a good Easter!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #3008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring it on View Post
Twyla, I am glad that you, your mom and your family had a good Easter!!!

Thanks, Rich.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:51 AM   #3009

MON APR 5

As I patiently wait for my ligament to heal in my right knee (partly my fault), I've decided to do Super Callanetics 3 x a week for LB, avoid squats and lunges for a couple of weeks; UB training as usual.

Keeping carbs low all week until Saturdays, where I'll go up to around 175 carbs. Trying this for a couple of weeks to offer my knee some TLC.

Last week was a good week for me nutrition wise. Just gotta be patient with my knee. I love working lower body, but I'm not doing myself any favors by pushing this.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:59 AM   #3010

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
My knee is wonky too! Dr thinks might have something called Plica band syndrome.. some small ligament that's being REALLY annoying!

here's to both of them healing!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #3011

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
My knee is wonky too! Dr thinks might have something called Plica band syndrome.. some small ligament that's being REALLY annoying!

here's to both of them healing!
Ileen
You too? Yes, annoying -- ya got THAT right. I'm not a very patient person when it comes to "resting." I don't like to rest. I wanna MOVE IT.

I am curious about what your doc said, Plica band syndrome. I've not had mine checked by a doc, actually, and maybe I should. I'm inclined to believe that he/she will just tell me to do what I already know: Rest, ice, ibuprofen.

Just as it gets to feeling better, I declare myself healed and then overdo it again.

Thick head of mine.

I've missed the boards...good to see ya.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #3012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Twyla! Im so glad you are posting again. I know its going to be hit or miss, but Its so good to see you!!
I hope that knee gets better. How annoying! I have been really worried that my back is going to flare up again. Luckily it has been doing fine... I have those tendencies to over do it too when I think I am fine. I had to take off 7 months of working out for my back to get better. That was horrible. I never thought that I was going to be able to walk or run for exercise. Fortunately with lots of rest and patients it got better. I know you wont have to wait THAT long, but it seems like it takes forever...
Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #3013

the plica band is a ligament that run sideways/. My knee is popping, clicking and clacking.

My chiro dr says just to strengthen the surrounding area.. Im going to the orthopedist (When i get back from the beach) to see what he says.

Im not resting as it's something i've delt with for a long while and it doesnt seem to change regardless. I am omitting one exercise that seems to drive it nuts for now and see if that helps.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #3014

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Hi Twyla! I'm glad to hear your Momma is doing better!!!!! That sucks about the knee (you too Ileen!!!).

I had about a 2-week knee problem that resolved itself -- I stopped my lower body weight/strength training and haven't resumed yet (it's been about a month). It does feel perfect now so I'll probably resume this week (I have done cardio all along, so I am using it and getting benefit from stepper/elliptical as far as strength, just not extra weights), but this was my first-ever knee issue -- not fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so hard to give yourself a rest, isn't it?!!!!! LOL! I was even conmsidering getting into the pool at one point to train Thank god it did not come to that!

It sounds like you have a good plan though!! I'm sending healing vibes!!!!!!!!!!!

Stats: 47 Years Old & 5'3" tall
Weight: 236.5 (43 bmi) / 132.5 / 128-133 (size 4/6 .. 23 bmi)

*Weekly Weigh-In 7/10/12

My Journal
Year One Weightloss and Chart
My Weightloss Story
Old 04-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #3015
Big Yapper!!!!

Am so happy to hear your mom is home and you all had a good easter!!! Knee problems are a pain in the butt hope yours recovers quickly We all missed your posts so glad to have you back.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:50 AM   #3016

Quote:
the plica band is a ligament that run sideways/. My knee is popping, clicking and clacking.

My chiro dr says just to strengthen the surrounding area.. Im going to the orthopedist (When i get back from the beach) to see what he says.

Im not resting as it's something i've delt with for a long while and it doesnt seem to change regardless. I am omitting one exercise that seems to drive it nuts for now and see if that helps.
Ileene, mine was actually doing better, but again, each time it would feel better, I'd think it was stable enuf to run on it (Pauline warned me), and bam, back to square one.

Curious, what is the one ex'z you're omitting in the interim?

(PS...Hope you're enjoying your time in paradise)
Old 04-06-2010, 03:02 AM   #3017

Pauline, thanks for the healing vibes, bring em on, gathering as many as I can....

TBF, I appreciate you...I've missed being on the boards, soaking up the inspiration, uplifted by the friendships. Gonna try to post as often as I can.

UPDATING Monday totals:

The plan was to do an hour of Super C in the morning, and 30 mins of cardio before bed. I didn't end up having time for cardio. Very long day. I stopped by to visit with my Mom after work and stayed for a while, leaving there with a broken heart to see her this way. By the time I got home and helped my son with some things he needed, it was too late and I was too exhausted for cardio. My body was begging for sleep more than cardio. And I listened.

Lately I've been simplifying my daily menus, keeping things as clean and straightforward as I can. Seems to help me stay focused, esp with less time for meal planning. I have just been eating pretty much the same foods over and over, all of which I love, so it's not an issue. Without the variety I can just eat on autopilot w/o thinking about it. I think I like this actually.

I'll be doing higher intensity cardio this morning, and about 20 mins of UB.

Glad to see morning come. Bad dreams about Mom all night long.

TOTALS FROM YESTERDAY:

CALS......1698
PROT.......179 (43%)
CARBS.......72 (14%)
FIBER........18
FAT..........80 (41%)
Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 AM   #3018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Twyla! Im so glad you are posting again. I know its going to be hit or miss, but Its so good to see you!!
I hope that knee gets better. How annoying! I have been really worried that my back is going to flare up again. Luckily it has been doing fine... I have those tendencies to over do it too when I think I am fine. I had to take off 7 months of working out for my back to get better. That was horrible. I never thought that I was going to be able to walk or run for exercise. Fortunately with lots of rest and patients it got better. I know you wont have to wait THAT long, but it seems like it takes forever...
Yikes, Jamie. SEVEN MONTHS. Mercy. That's ANOTHER wakeup call for me to be PATIENT WITH MY BODY. Glad you've shared that injury episode with me. Perfect example of how we learn from others, huh?

It's good to see you too, girl. I briefly skimmed through "the thread" on MM and saw your most recent pics. Looking good, girl! And oh-so-pretty, you are. My sister is a nurse too. I envy folks like you. I wanna be in your head.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:25 AM   #3019
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Twyla- glad your mum had all her family around her for Easter. Such special times are meant to be treasured.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 AM   #3020

Quote:
Ileene, mine was actually doing better, but again, each time it would feel better, I'd think it was stable enuf to run on it (Pauline warned me), and bam, back to square one.

Curious, what is the one ex'z you're omitting in the interim?

(PS...Hope you're enjoying your time in paradise)
am totally enjoying it here.. we come a few times a yr (since we own it)

Bulgarians are the one that Im omitting. Its a great exercise, just not for 'me' with this particular issue.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 AM   #3021
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Yikes, Jamie. SEVEN MONTHS. Mercy. That's ANOTHER wakeup call for me to be PATIENT WITH MY BODY. Glad you've shared that injury episode with me. Perfect example of how we learn from others, huh?

It's good to see you too, girl. I briefly skimmed through "the thread" on MM and saw your most recent pics. Looking good, girl! And oh-so-pretty, you are. My sister is a nurse too. I envy folks like you. I wanna be in your head.
LOL in my head huh.. I wonder what you would find up there... It seems like when I am at work my thoughts dont ever really match my actions. I have to practice a lot of patients.. the first couple days of my run I am doing good, but that last day is very challenging..

Thank you btw.. It really was a bad pic, I just got home from the gym, no makeup, bad hair...
Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #3022
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Twyla, so glad to see you posting again and hear you had a nice easter with your mom and family.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #3023
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Twyla, I'm so glad you got to spend a glorious Easter with your family and mom! Cherished moments. My kids would have loved to be at your house with those 200+ Easter Eggs! We did 30 for the 3 of them. My little Emme wasn't too into the eggs once she found her basket with all the candy, but my older two love the challenge of finding eggs. We are still missing one! My husband does a few impossible to find, and forgot where he hid them all! I guess in a few days we will find it by the smell
C25K Graduate and Now restart April 2012 W1D3 done
my weightloss journeyDoing it for myself and my family
Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #3024

Jami, you look gorgeous even w/o the makeup-n-hair thing...besides, who wears makeup when they are working out? Not ME! And one of the nice things about training at home (and getting dressed at dark-thirty) is that I don't have to match! I drag out whatever my hands reach first, throw it on, and race to the coffee pot before hitting the irons or cardio. Quite sure I never once look in a mirror. LOL

Dani, I haven't had much time to read online, so I need to visit your journal to see if you guys have begun P90X yet.

Kelley, hey you! I need to get back to you ...last few days have been very busy, but as for the egg hunt, yes, it was great. I like hiding them as much as the kids like finding them. Holidays are more precious to me now than ever.

Updating Tuesday's program:

Got in a good higher intensity cardio workout yesterday morning and about 20 mins of delt/tricep work. It's all I had time for. I had read in Oxygen last week about "one-rep-max" approach, and I wanted to try that on my side laterals -- DAUNTING, TO SAY THE LEAST -- but I chickened out. I've gotten my delts all nice and healed from an injury last year, and I didn't wanna blow them out again. So I just increased the DB weights on that by about 5 lbs per. I'll try it again on a different muscle group, a stronger muscle group. Just curious about what that will accomplish. Only doing that once per week. Would like to know what my ORM would be for supine pullovers, having increased recently to 35 x 15.

Nutrition went well. Have been keeping carbs near the 70ish range. I'm told that's a good "bottom line," so to speak.

Callanetics and cardio on tap for today. (Experienced great glute DOMS from Monday's Callanetics)

TOTALS TUESDAY:

CALS.........1716
PROT..........199
CARBS..........68
FIBER...........16
FAT.............73

WORKOUTS:

40 MINS CARDIO (TJ W/GLOVES)
20 MINS DELTS/TRICEPS

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-07-2010 at 02:43 AM..
Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #3025

Quote:
am totally enjoying it here.. we come a few times a yr (since we own it)

Bulgarians are the one that Im omitting. Its a great exercise, just not for 'me' with this particular issue.
A few times a year....? SUH-WEET.

I'm brain-dead: What's a bulgarian? When I think of bulgarians, I think of a training method rather than an exercise. Educate me, woman.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #3026

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hi Twyla- glad your mum had all her family around her for Easter. Such special times are meant to be treasured.
Lola........Hope your Easter was blessed as well, lady.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:56 AM   #3027

LOL bulgarian split squat-

Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat

MY knee doesnt like the down postition right now.

Have you ever tried Lateral throws? they are neat. its a power move.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #3028

Quote:
LOL bulgarian split squat-

Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat

MY knee doesnt like the down postition right now.

Have you ever tried Lateral throws? they are neat. its a power move.
Oh, yes. THOSE. I've tried those before. They're not easy to do even with a healthy knee, but effective they are. And for core work too.

And I have no clue what a lateral throw is. I'm ready for my next tutoring lesson. ?

(And my favorite muscle group to work is delts, by the way.)
Old 04-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #3029

Updating Wed April 7.

Continuing with my LC streak (75 carbs or under), Wednesday was a good day for me. Felt very balanced and controlled and satiated all day. I've discovered a new favorite mini meal or snack. A new twist on protein muffins. They travel easy, they're filling, and IMO they're tasty.

My husband makes fun of them. He says they would serve better as life preservers. (Ok, so they're a little, uh, spongy? Dry? ) At least I don't have to worry about sharing them.
1 SCOOP OF WHEY PROTEIN
1 EGG
SHAKE OF CINNAMON
1 PACKET OF SPLENDA
DASH OF WATER

STIR WELL AND POUR INTO CUSTARD CUP SPRAYED WITH PAM. NUKE FOR 120 SECONDS. LET COOL.

185 cals, 29 prot, 2 carbs, 7 fat
I never know when I'm gonna get stuck at the hospital for long periods of time. And so having these in a ziploc in my purse serves me well for a snack/meal when I'm faced with crappy choices from the hospital cafeteria. Taste great with coffee.

TOTALS FOR YESTERDAY:

CALS..........1652
PROT............181 43%
CARBS............67 14%
FIBER.............22
FAT...............76 41%

WORKOUTS:

1 HOUR SUPER CALLANETICS (the burn!)
25 MINS CARDIO (ELLIPTICAL)
15 MINS BICEPS
Old 04-08-2010, 03:05 AM   #3030

Quote:
Oh, yes. THOSE. I've tried those before. They're not easy to do even with a healthy knee, but effective they are. And for core work too.

And I have no clue what a lateral throw is. I'm ready for my next tutoring lesson. ?

(And my favorite muscle group to work is delts, by the way.)
those muffins sound interesting..I've not done any of them whole fat.

Love working shoulders as well. My medican delts are STUBBORN!
Here is the db lateral throw.
Closed Thread