Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Vesna,

I've gone back and forth with my WOE. I began with Atkins on my initial journey. I'm among the world's slowest losers, however -- despite my addiction to religious workouts -- and I was forever trying to get to goal.

December of 05 I upped my carbs a wee bit from induction levels to around 40ish and began losing again.

I lost down close to goal in early 2006, then stalled again. I decided at that time to switch from making a goal WEIGHT my priority to making reduce body fat and lean muscle my priority, and I switched to BFFM, gradually reducing fat and upping carbs. It worked well for me initially. I was getting leaner and stronger.

Latter part of 2006, I became carelss with the "carb ladder," thinking I could handle more carbs, when all it was doing was setting off cravings and binges for me. Over the holidays into Jan of 2007, I gained around 12-15 lbs.

I was VERY undecided which way to go for a while, but decided to go back to induction to lose the LBS, get within range of goal weight (140-145), then slowly begin adding healthy carbs again, reducing body fat all the while, but being careful this time to not overdo the carb thing. Some carbs really do me in, I've learned.

TOM hit a week ago, then a bad attack of bronchitis, which necessitated my going on Prednisone, and the combo added water weight, which derailed my efforts of reaching my mini goal of 150 by June 8th.

My plan/hope/goal is to get back to 145 by mid July. I will continue to try to get to 145 or under, and I've been thinking that for now I'm gonna keep my fat levels up between now and vacation(65-75%), keeping me more satiated, and maybe I can drop a few lbs before I leave for vacay.

As for body fat, I think I got down to 23% -- it's mentioned somewhere in this journal, not sure where -- and that was while doing BFFM. Not sure what it is now.

I know, my journey IS confusing. I'm all over the place. But there's a little bit of method to my madness, I suppose.

Not going to let this bad exp with a TOM/Prednisone combo interrupt my determination.

Thanks for stopping by! We all learn from one another.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2007, 05:11 PM   #272

Location: Transplanted to NC...but my hearts in Hampton, VA....
Gallery: heidi21062
Stats: 196/192/110 - 5'2"
WOE: Atkins..no WW's...wait a minute....what day is it?
Start Date: Started 07/15/12
Hey Twyla!

Just thought I pop in and say 'hi'! Sorry about your bout with of bronchitis! Hope you're feeling tons better!

I still haven't gotten back to doing Callanetics....:blush: I love doing it, I just haven't gotten back in the groove yet...I don't know what my problem is! When I do, I'll start posting on the challenge board again...

I've been thinking of getting Turbo Jam....everyone says it's great! Are there different DVD's to chose from? Which one's do you use?

BTW - you look great as always....

~*~If you can imagine it, you can do it~*~ -Tosca Reno

~A word to the wise ain't necessary; it's the stupid ones that need the advice ~ Bill Cosby

.....stupid and rude is NOT a good combination, so I do my best to educate the dumbasses of the world. ~CurveControl
Old 06-01-2007, 06:25 AM   #273

Hey, Heidi!

That new avatar is FABULOUS! You could pass as a twin of a good friend of mine who I vacation with. Honestly. Must share a picture of you with her!

Thanks for the well wishes.

Yes, I love, love, love TJ. Just yesterday I was talking about TJ with another mother (I was helping chaperone a field trip to the Kentucky Horse Park with my son's 3rd Grade Class), and she too is a TJ enthusiast! Cool!!!! She told me another good one to buy (in addition to Cardio Party), is Kick, Punch and Jam, I think it's called?

Anxious to get this set too. And whoever mentioned it to you is right, it's one VERY FUN workout. I never dread doing Turbo Jam. That's key to choosing the right workout for us, right?

Super Callan this morning, followed by 10 mins of Kathy Smith's Abductor Lower Body workout.

Cardio for tonight. The countdown to June 8th is growing mighty close, and every minute, every effort counts.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: weasel!
Stats: 156/154/125; 5'7", small frame
WOE: JUDDDD/LCHF/Paleo/WAPF/whole foods
Start Date: restart LCHF 1/2014; restart LCHF/JUDDDD 4/2014
Twyla,

Thanks for sharing your story. How far are you from your goal of 145?

Since about April 1, I've been cheat-free, about 1600-2000 cals/day, and have been see-sawing between 145 and 143. I guess it takes loooonger and looooonger the less fat one has to lose. Recently I started working out, and following your posts is one of the reasons why! Hope adding muscle and burning more energy will get my body changing. Thanks for the inspiration on this thread and all the places you post.

I've been trying to calculate my body fat, but the various methods I used yielded very different results -- anywhere from 22% to 47%! How do you figure yours?

Have a great day!

2009 JUDDDD SUCCESS STORY
6/8-149; 6/11-147; 6/18-145; 6/20-144; 6/23-145; 6/25-146; 6/27-145; 6/29-146; 7/2-144; 7/4-143; 7/7-142; 7/9-141; 7/11-140; 7/14-141; 7/30-139; 8/1-138
VFT August 1 after 8 weeks of alternate-day dieting!

Last edited by weasel!; 06-01-2007 at 07:09 AM..
Old 06-01-2007, 07:29 AM   #275

Hi, Vesna.

You are so right, that as we get closer to goal, it's harder and harder to lose the weight -- to see a difference on the scales would be a better way of stating it.

Last May, '06, that is precisely why I began BFFM and carb/calorie cycling. I kept losing/gaining the same 5 lbs over and over, not making progress with my goal weight on the scale. I took the emphasis off the scale and tried instead to focus on reducing body fat, increasing lean muscle, and for a couple of months, I only lost a couple of pounds or two on the scale, but my clothes were getting more and more loose, losing inches, getting leaner, and that's when I was prompted to purchase body fat calipers and discovered that my body fat was around 23%, I believe. I was wearing some 4's, mostly 6's, and I felt great -- but I was hovering around 145-147 on the scale, nevertheless.

When I screwed up late Dec 2006 thru Jan 2007ish, and put on the pounds, I had switched back to Atkins pretty much to try to lose the weight/fat and keep my cravings down by increasing my fat grams with my WOE.

The last time I weighed (Before TOM and Prednisone), I was still 11 lbs from my goal range (145), and about 6 lbs from my mini goal for June 8th.

I have no desire to weigh right now, because I'm afraid that if it happens to be more it will mess with me mentally and ruin my vacation. I'm eating clean, working out, tracking ******, and doing all I can do to lean down before vacation, but the scales (and even the calipers) would be counterproductive for me right now.

I'm gonna stay low carb and high fat between now and June 8th to increase my chances of losing as much "weight" as I can between now and then.

After (and maybe during) vacation I plan to begin cycling again with calories and carbs. This always keeps me on top of the inevitable stalls.

Maybe it would be good for you not to focus on your goal scale weight right now and do as you're doing, pay attention to your eating and stay diligent with workouts, working on reducing body fat and building lean muscle.

You'll probably find that it takes the pressure off and you'll likely lose inches instead.

Scales are not always the best gauge of success.

Keep up your great determination......... and focus on the mirror, not the scales.

You can do it!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 06-01-2007 at 07:30 AM..
Old 06-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #276

6/2/07 Saturday: Calories around 1700, higher fat, lower carbs; 52 mins of cardio, 20 mins of Ab Jam

Using my clothes as my measuring stick....They never lie.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nolagina
Stats: 236/169/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: December 2006
Twyla,
I've been lurking in your journal... I must say you are a great inspiration to me!

I strongly believe that just because you're over 40 that you can't get into the best shape of your life.

I've been wanting to get into weight training and to that end, I've just gotten a personal trainer who will work with me for the next 6 months to whip this bod into shape while I get to goal.

You look absolutely mahvahlous and I want to get my body fat way down.. I think my BF is at a scandalous 40%. If I can get that down to 20-25% BF by the time I get to my goal (135 lbs), I'll be happy.

Keep it up! I'm rooting for you all the way!
"Crystallize your goals. Make a plan for achieving them and set yourself a deadline. Then, with supreme confidence, determination and disregard for obstacles and other people's criticisms, carry out your plan." Paul Meyer
------------------------------
Gina
Old 06-04-2007, 06:05 AM   #278

Thank you, Gina!

We all do better, it seems, when we have support from others. I'll keep your kind words in mind today as I head throughout my day.

Yesterday's workouts: 20 mins Ab Jam, 21 mins elliptical, 18 mins of Hip Hop Abs (cardio).

In a hurry. Will post eats later.

Super Callan this morning. Very busy day at work and afterward as I nail down loose ends before we leave this week for vacay.

I'll git er done!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: weasel!
Stats: 156/154/125; 5'7", small frame
WOE: JUDDDD/LCHF/Paleo/WAPF/whole foods
Start Date: restart LCHF 1/2014; restart LCHF/JUDDDD 4/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Maybe it would be good for you not to focus on your goal scale weight right now and do as you're doing, pay attention to your eating and stay diligent with workouts, working on reducing body fat and building lean muscle.

You'll probably find that it takes the pressure off and you'll likely lose inches instead.

Scales are not always the best gauge of success.

Keep up your great determination......... and focus on the mirror, not the scales.

You can do it!
Thanks for the encouragement! That might be just the advice I need. I haven't been on the scales much over the past week or so, but I was feeling guilty about it. Maybe I can just as well feel OK about it!

If I keep running and lifting, and stay steady on LC, my body is bound to reshape itself eventually. I started a journal thread, too, as a place to to record and share my progress and process.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:59 AM   #280

Vesna,

Chin up. You are too determined -- you have no choice but to succeed with your goals, but patience is key.

That and hard work and consistency.

Major hurry. Off to court. Last day before leaving first thing in the am for vacay.

Taking laptop with me to track ****** a few times while there. Plan to eat clean. No Q -- WORK OUTS definitely.

Can't wait.

Stressed till I get there.

Will return on the 19th.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:51 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mmam5
Stats: 150/132 Healthy, 5'4" 45
WOE: UnProcessed please :)
Twyla!

You are totally right on the hard work and Consistency! It's a journey, not a race

Have a WONDERFUL time on your vacation!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Twyla,
Glad to see you back... I had mentioned I would provide an overview of Protein Power.

PP was developed by Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades. They focuses on watching carbs along with making sure you get an adequate amount of good protein.

There are two phases: Phase I and II - Phase I is 28-40g net carbs per day. These should be broken out so that each meal is 7-10g per day and with one snack of 7-10g carbs per day. Phase II is 50-60g net carbs per day and is 12-15g net carbs per meal/snack.

The protein calculation I have (from the first book) is a bit involved and requires you taking your waist measurement and abdomen measurement and then performing calculations. I think the second book (which I need to get) has an easier way to get your minimum protein requirement.

I currently strive for about 30g protein per meal.

However, I'm not limited on the carbs I eat. The Eades do recommend that you get your carbs from fruits and veggies but if I wanted to use 5g carbs of a piece of bread, I can do that.

I've been in Phase I since I started (re-started) in December.. I will move to Phase II in after I lose 35 more pounds...
Old 07-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #283

Friday, July 13, 2007....ooh, just realized that....Friday the 13th????

Fuhgeddaboutit.

Copy/pasting info from ****** journal:

No weigh today, not until Sunday, due to ongoing TOM fluks.

PreWO meal: 281 cals %'s: 41F, 22C, 38P

PostWO/Breakfast: 277 cals % -- 48F, 11C, 38P

Snack: 1/2 Zone and 6oz CM yogurt with Fiber One;

Lunch (at 2:30), 2 boiled eggs, 2 turkey sl, 1 c broccoli, 1 sl lowfat cheese, 1/2 T light mayo, 1 rice cake;

My fat grams per meal have been around 15 grams throughout the day.

Dinner: grilled chicken breast, brussel sprouts w/1 tsp lowfat cream cheese, green beans, 2 roasted Tyson chicken wings.

Total Cals as of 8:01 p.m. 1516.
Fat Grams: 72
Carbs: 87, 24 fiber, 63 net.
Protein Grams: 144.
Macros pretty consistently throughout the day at each meal; totals for the day: 38P, 22C, 42F %

Workouts (5:30 a.m.)

20 mins lower body with weights
20 mins Ab Jam
20 mins Cardio Blast (Hip Hop Abs DVD)

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 07-13-2007 at 05:14 PM..
Old 07-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #284

SATURDAY JULY 14

Word of the day: Accountability.

11:46 a.m., and I've had a pre-workout meal, and post (breakfast) workout meal. I plan to have another meal around 3:00ish, trying to keep calories for each meal around 350.

Two more days of 1500-1600 calories, then I will cycle up to 1800-1900 for 2-3 days.

Slowly and STRATEGICALLY adding carbs again.

One half Zone bar has proven to be a VERY effective energy boost of carbs for me pre-workout, and since I'm short on time for Pre-w/o prep fuel, I think I'll stick to this plan. Funny how that works, why it works so much faster than any other meal combo I've tried, and how effective it is at maintaining my energy throughout the workout.

Today was a straight cardio day. My muscles are aching from two days of upper and lower body taxing.

28 mins of elliptical this morning.

Lots of lawn work to do today.

Feeling great. Waiting anxiously for my Visitor to hit the road. He's never welcome here.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:47 AM   #285

SUNDAY JULY 15

Down two pounds from when TOM started. I finally weighed.

Yesterday was a good day, esp eat-wise. Felt satisfied and balanced all day. Balance is such a great feeling. I can actually FEEL it within and without, when I've eaten balanced. Balanced is also being satisfied, but different from just ketosis, which gives you the satiety as well. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this difference.

Although I'd planned a 15-20 min brisk walk with
DH yesterday evening, it didn't work out...but it was better...no kids for a few hours, perfect romantic evening....way good.

Yesterday's eats:

1713 Cals
Protein Gr 139; 33%
Carb Gr 68/10Fiber/58 net; 15%
Fat Gr 89; 46%
Alcohol 13 gr; 5% ()

I know I should stay away from alcohol for now, but we rarely get evenings alone, and a glass of wine was the perfect compliment to the evening.

Trying to get in 25 gr of fiber a day, and I forgot to pay attention to that yesterday, so I came up short.

Workouts: 28 mins elliptical

I will end up having a 30-min cardio session later today.

It's such a beautiful morning.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Twyla,
I'm so happy you had a wonderful day! I hear about the glass of wine on those special evenings! It's KILLING me not drink right now.. But I gotta finish the bottle .

Keep on the path, you are in a great place....

Sending empowering thoughts your way.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #287

SUNDAY JULY 15 DAY'S END:

1631 calories

Protein Gr: 153 38%
Carb Gr: 88, Fiber 31, 57 net 19%
Fat Gr: 83 45%

Met all of my eat goals today. Yessssssssss.

One more low day, then upping on Tuesday for my hardest workout day.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your empowerment, Gina.... Means a lot.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #288

MONDAY JULY 16 2007

[COLOR="Orange"]Down another .4 lbs this morning. I know that the losses might be slow due to my slight increase in carbs. Not sweating it.

Workout this morning: 1 hour of Super Callanetics; later this evening, chasing/herding 3-4 year olds during "game time" at Vacation Bible School

This morning over coffee and pre-w/o meal, instead of watching the news, I entered and preplanned my food for the day. If I stick to it till I go to bed, I'll be pleased. So far so good. I'm a little high on carbs and a little short on fiber. I'll try to plan that better tomorrow.

I had steel cut oats this morning for the first time in a while. I'd missed them. I like chewy.

Foods Planned for Today

Cals: 1646
Prot Gr: 144, 35%
Carb Gr: 105, 13 Fiber, 92 net; 24%
Fat Gr: 75; 41%

All meals between 300-350 calories, with the exception of pre-workout meal (188).[/COLOR]
Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #289

Feeling very lousy today. Ended up getting a headache this morning following my cardio.

This happens to me a lot. I try drinking tons of water throughout the workout, but doesn't help. The heat is what triggers these kinds of headaches, so I should know not to do HEAVY DUTY CARDIO when it's muggy out or when the temps are not within my control.

Even though I turned down the AC and had ceiling fans going this morning, after only 20 mins of Turbo Jam I was soaking wet with sweat, and the mugginess added to that was all it took to trigger the headache. I finished up with a full hour of workout, even though I could feel it coming on. Should have stopped.

It's just such a kick-ass workout, and I love doing it so much! I hate to give it up just because it's muggy and warm outside.

This kind of headache is no stranger to me. I get them when I do cardio on the beach or in a gym that is kept too warm (for my preference). Nothing I can do about them.

Oh, well. Feel achy and bloated and just need to get some rest. Hopefully feel better tomorrow.

Ended up eating about 300 cals over yesterday's planned meals, so that was pretty much a cal/carb up day for me. I think I ate too many carbs (jumped a few rungs on the ladder???) and they caused the b/s fluctuations, and thus the added hunger. Whoa, Nelly.

Trying to keep it around 1800 today. Hope to get rest tonight.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #290

WEDNESDAY JULY 18

Was able to cut back on total calories and total carbs yesterday and control some of the hungries/cravings that I had experienced the day before. Ended up having around 1850 cals yesterday, or so. More fat, less carbs, I think in the 60-70 gr range (don't have my flashdrive with me).

Today, same approach.

Still not feeling well, might be a sinus infection. Lots of pain. Going to see doc today.

Workout this morning was 20 mins each of upper and lower body.

Enjoyed a [COLOR="DarkOrange"]WONDERFUL NECTARINE[/COLOR] with my post-workout meal this morning. Ate half then, and ate the other half for lunch. Yum.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Twyla, I hope you get to feeling better.....

Ooooh nectarine.... My mouth is drooling... Those will be in my future.. I need to check the carb count... I may be able to do 1/2 of one...

Question for you: Do you eat several small meals a day? I've been thinking of moving in that direction and am interested in folks who are already doing that.

Be well soon!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #292

Hi, Gina. Thanks for the well wishes.

I'm MUCH better today, after having gone to the doc. It was a sinus infection, and I'm on an antibiotic and haved used RX nasal spray, so I see a huge difference already.

So busy with work and Bible School this week, little time to post or fiddle with ******, but I'm winging on pretty good.

To answer your Q, yes, I eat several small meals a day, usu 300-350 per meal on avg. I find this is a great way to stay full, keep metab revved, and to keep from overeating at one huge meal; seems easier to balance them this way as well (pro/carb/fat).

I've recently started keeping my %'s for the first two meals a little higher in carbs that I had been used to in past weeks, slowly adding them back in with emphasis on fruits and grains for better energy before my workout and better utilization of nutrients afterwards. Then I begin backing off the carbs from noon on, keeping mostly to green veggies for the rest of the day. Seems to work so far. I'm watching it carefully and listening very closely to my internal signals.

Today so far I've already had 55 net carbs and 76 grams of protein, and 26 gr of fat (Meals 1 and 2). My % of fat so far is at 31%. I will slowly increase that ratio throughout the day per meal.

My biggest goal right now is to burn fat. Burn fat. Burn fat.

Keep the muscle I have, but burn fat.

I was pleased to learn yesterday that the doc's scales are about 4-5 lbs lighter than my scales at home. A bit of a boost for the ol' ego!

Workout this morning was Total Body Sculpting (45 mins).

Here's to a successful day on plan.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:52 AM   #293

FRIDAY - JUL 20 2007

Today was weigh day. Down three pounds this week! No doubt at least a pound of it was the residual TOM surplus, but I'll take it.

Good day yesterday, eat-wise. Left my flash at home. Will post numbers later.

TGIF. I'm TARD.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #294

FRIDAY JUL 20

OKAY. TOTALS FROM YESTERDAY:

CALS 1810

PROT GR 179 (39%)
CARB GR 99, 19 FIBER, 80 NET (21%)
FAT GR 84 (41%)

In retrospect, perhaps I should have eaten more fat and a bit less protein .

Glad I have ****** to track this stuff, shed light on approaches, what works, what doesn't. Yesterday was a pretty big workout day, so not sweating the calories.

Just glad to end up with a net 3 lb loss for the week.

Curious to see how next week goes.

Today's workout was 1 hour of Super Callan, and doing about 15 mins of cardio later tonight.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:13 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mmam5
Stats: 150/132 Healthy, 5'4" 45
WOE: UnProcessed please :)
Morning Twyla!

Glad to see you're doing well on your downward drift! Doesn't it sometimes feel like we're doing a big science project? hee hee

I've been giving ****** a rest the past couple of weeks, but sticking to my basic daytime meals/night-time snacks... it does free up time for other things
Old 07-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #296

SATURDAY JULY 21

Oh, how I wanted to get on the scales this morning. I felt so much lighter/leaner.....KWIM? But I promised myself to weigh only on Fridays.

Good morning to you too, Marci. BINGO: Science project. Couldn't have said it better. Hope you have a great day today too.

Yesterday's totals:

Cals 1893

Prot GR 134 28%
Carb GR 98 Net 76 19%
Fiber GR 22
Fat G 115 54%

AS DH was giving me a morning hug this morning, he asked, "Have you lost weight?"

Old 07-22-2007, 04:53 AM   #297

SUNDAY JULY 22

Busy day ahead. Church, then taking DS#3 to camp, return, clean bathroom floor, apply sealer on the new tile grout, clean back screened porch, be back at the church at 6:00 for the closing "ceremony" of Vacation Bible School.

It's likely that this will be a no-workout day. That will be my attempt at "day of rest."

Yesterday's eats:

Cals 1744

Pro GR 122 --- 28%
Carb GR 96 (69 net) --- 21%
Fiber GR 27
Fat GR 104

Loving the DOMS from yesterday's strength training. I'm feeling very positive, and the mirror is being kind.

Thank you, God, for my health.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Twyla,
Glad you had a great workout yesterday! Today sounds like a busy day for you. I had promised myself to get my spiritual life back on track and I did go to church... So happy I did...

God blesses us all in sooo many ways.. Remember, God did provide for a day of rest for us... We all need to keep that in mind... I usually take Sunday as an exercise rest day.

Thanks for the breakdown... You know how I love my numbers .......
That is enlightening for me to see how you're eating at this stage of the project.

I think of this as project too.. I didn't think about the science aspect... I've got it structured more like a personal IT project. I'm a sick puppy....

Enjoy your day. Get some "me time" and have a successful, empowering week!

I have to share with you something a friend of mine put on her Google Talk - "Life is too short to live in a body you don't enjoy." That is so true.....
Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #299

MONDAY JULY 23

Yesterday ended up being too high on calories -- not sure how it happened. I guess I just ate a lot more than I should have!

I have no idea what came over me -- it was definitely against my better judgment -- but I gave in to temptation (not cravings, temptation) and ate 1/2 cup of "reduced sugar/no sugar added" ice cream. Mistake.

It seemed from that point forward I ate and nibbled the rest of the day.

The guilt ensued, and being a glutton for punishment, I went on a power walk/jog with DH at 9:30 p.m. to mitigate my sins.

We ate a late lunch at TGIF (2:15 p.m.), and that didn't help matters, waiting too long between meals makes me overeat. I ate a Cobb Salad, and I have no idea how many calories/carbs are in those. Thought I'd be safe with that, but no idea how to track it on ******.

My totals, not including the Cobb Salad from TGIF, were:

Cals: 1949

Pro GR: 162 34%
Carb GR: 65 50 net 12%
Fiber 15
Fat GR: 121 55%

So I probably was around 2500 calories or more for the day.

Which may be fine if I was working out a lot, but it was a day I had scheduled for rest.

Messed that one up.

I feel rather bloated today, and I hate feeling that way.

Gonna load up on water today, and maybe I'll feel normal again by tomorrow.

Gonna try like crazy to keep calories no more than 1600 today.

Workout today was Super Callan, one hour. Gonna kick in 15 mins of cardio this evening for some extra calorie expenditure.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #300

Gina,

I appreciate the reminder of God's bountiful blessings to us. I can say Amen to that. That brings a smile to my face, that you even mentioned it.

I'm not a numbers person by any stretch, but in terms of getting to the body I WANT to be in, the numbers are my compass. I don't think of it as obsessive, but as directional.

I know you know how that is.

Thanks for stopping in, girl!
Closed Thread