Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #1471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Love the new avi! You do so well on trips. You set a good example for us maintainers. Glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear more trip news. Welcome back twinnie!
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #1472
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
awwwwww Thanks Girls!!!!

September 8, 2011

Someone once asked the Dalai Lama what surprises him most. This was his response:

“Man, because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived.”

Last edited by TaDa!; 09-08-2011 at 12:26 PM..
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #1473
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Thanks for the warm welcome Pauline !! I do appreciate it. !
Hope all is well !!!

Jarrod
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 AM   #1474

Thanks Jarrod! keep up the great work!!

Pauline
Old 09-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #1475
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
Thanks Jarrod! keep up the great work!!

Pauline
Ahh,...that IS the plan !!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:50 AM   #1476

Sunday September 11, 2011

Right before I left for Ireland, I got a phone call asking me to be the guest speaker at a state meeting for maintainers - this is for the TOPS organization of which I am a member since 12/09. Anyhow, I decided that saying "no" might lead to as much as stress as saying "yes" since, in my experience, hahaaaa, you always get asked again!!! lol!!

I was fairly stressed out about talking to a maintainers group .. much easier for me to talk and to talk off the cuff about weightloss than it is to come up with something coherent - and of interest - for people who have been maintaining weightlosses, some for a very long time. The other hard thing about it, was that many of the maintainers had weightlosses that were smaller amounts - 10, 15 lbs - people who do not come from the exact place that I do .. lifelong morbid obesity - and at least one person who was openly hostile to anyone who might have very large amounts of weight to lose (i.e. "how can people let themselves go like that" kind of disgust)

Luckily my friend was there - the guy who submitted my name as a possible speaker, lol - He has lost over 200 pounds himself and so I felt as though I could at least be speaking to him - as it turns out, people came up afterward to thank me for speaking and tell me that I am not the only one who came from that "place".

No good deed goes unpunished .. I am now invited to speak at two other local meetings, lol! Easy for me though as I can concentrate on weightloss and what it takes to see it through to the end, etc - and that I could stand up and do right now off the top of my head, lol! The thing that really warmed up the group was when I turned around my "before" photo poster .. and then held up my before shirt and my before pants, lol! I lost nearly half of me, but the clothes really show the outrageous amount I did lose better than any stat.

Big relief to have that over.

I have been pushing myself lately to go outside my comfort zone and it is stressful leading up to each thing - but afterward I feel stronger and better for the experience. In the last month, I can count

1. Agreeing to go try surfing ,
2. including dh in a meeting with some possible weightloss conversation
3. Standing up and doing the maintainers talk despite my misgivings

The surfing - well it just represents how far I have come not to refuse to do it, or to insist we not even have it as an activity for everyone on our vacation .. then to have trouble over and over again while learning, not really care, keep getting up and going, and announcing that yes, I will try it again sometimes in future until I can get it right!

dh - I have typically kept my dh from *any* of my weightloss/lcf/tops activities or people because he has historically just made fun of me - not in a cruel way, but maybe in his own nervous way - lol! Don't get me wrong, he has been supportive of me and not said a word about what I have chosen to do with food or exercise .. hahaha other than ridiculing my large quantity of vegetables, but I made him step outside his comfort zone because, it is part of my life and well, he just needs to "deal" lol!!! It was great and I feel like we are turning a corner toegther too because I sucked it up and dove in despite my misgivings.

and well, the talk to the maintainers which I've already re-hashed above.

I am wondering what is next for me as far as jumping into chilly waters, lol ... I think I have an idea ... hahahaha but I will defer the stress of thinking about it!! lol!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:33 AM   #1477

Monday September 12, 2011

I am starting to get more into cooking this Fall. I think I am inspired by the farm around the corner with its extremely cheap eggplants and squashes .. unfortunately there are only two of us willing to eat squashes, lol!!! Anyhow, back in the routine of insane dinnertimes I have been thinking of my crockpot and vegetarian meals I can make that can also get meat thrown in (last minute in his dish) for "the meat-eater". Anyhow, we all do love us some indian food and so I am going to park a few finds from the internet here in my journal .. maybe I'll even try them, lol!

Slow-Cooker Tuesday: Saag Paneer | Suburban Bites

I saw on another blog where someone tried it and left out the green chili peppers and they still loved it .... other recipes I have seen call for heavy cream or coconut milk and I am wondering about that ...

Saag Paneer: Curried Spinach with Fresh Cheese

Ingredients
■2 pounds fresh spinach, washed well
■2 large yellow or red onions, roughly chopped
■3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
■1 (4-inch) piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
■20 cloves (one whole head) garlic, peeled
■5-10 green Thai, serrano,or cayenne chilies, stems removed
■4 tablespoons ground cumin
■1 heaping tablespoon red chili powder
■1 heaping tablespoon garam masala (an Indian spice blend available at most grocery stores, or any speciality market)
■2 teaspoons turmeric powder
■1 tablespoon salt

Cooking Directions
1.Place 1/2 the washed spinach into the bowl of a 5 quart slow-cooker. You don't need to dry the spinach, or even remove the stems. They get blended in the end. Top with the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT FOR SALT: onions, tomatoes, ginger, peeled garlic, chilies, and spices. Put the rest of the spinach on top. The bowl will be brimming with spinach. Squish it down and put the cover on. It will cook down quickly.
2.Cook on high for 3 hours (or low for 4-5). Stir once or twice if you're around to get any spinach sticking on the sides from drying out too badly.
3.Blend until smooth with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender and puree. Make sure the curry is smooth and well blended. Return the puree to the slow-cooker.
4.Taste the curry and add salt to taste if needed. Continue to cook on low for another 2 hours. The dish might look done, but the extra cooking allows the flavors to fully develop.
5.After cooking, add about 12 ounces of cubed fresh or fried paneer to the curry. Turn the slow cooker off, then replace the lid and let sit for about 10 minutes to gently heat the cheese. If you are using homemade paneer, add just before serving so the cheese maintains it's shape.
6.Serve with rice, roti, or naan. <<<< of course I will be skipping that step for myself, lol!
7.The recipe yields about 10 cups so you will have leftovers for lunch the next day.

Crockpot Indian Curry

A Year of Slow Cooking: CrockPot Indian Curry Recipe

I also would consider trying this one, but keeping out the chicken for us three vegetarians .. making it vegan-style and then just before serving, adding deep fried tofu maybe ...

- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk (don't use the light, it doesn't taste as good. or use the light and then stir in heavy cream at the end. Your tongue wants the thick stuff... trust me.)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken thighs <<<<< I'd 86 the chicken!!!!
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 T curry powder (not a typo, it's a lot, but it's good. Curry isn't spicy, just flavorful)
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 inch peeled and grated ginger (I didn't use that much, I don't particularly care for ginger)
- few dashes of hot sauce (I used Tobasco)
- 1 yellow onion. chopped
- 2 or 3 cloves of smashed and chopped garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 of an eggplant, chopped (I didn't peel)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped (I hate peeling sweet potato, so used a knife and lost a lot of the flesh accidentally)

The Directions.

Assemble all of your spices, coconut milk, tobasco sauce, and tomato paste. Combine the sauce ingredients in the bottom of your crockpot. The sauce will be a lovely yellow.

Add the chicken, flipping it over a few times to coat it nicely. (again, no chicken for us) Pour in the garbanzo beans.

Wash and chop all of the vegetables, and then add to the Crock-Pot. Don't worry about stirring them in the sauce. Let them sit on top of the chicken and steam away.

Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 4-6. I cooked our dinner on high for almost 6 hours. The chicken was fully cooked, but still had shape, and the vegetables were soft and quite nice.

Stir carefully to mix flavors. If you stir too rough, the sweet potato will fall apart.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #1478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
Hiya Pauline,
Good to see you back on your blog and continuing in a positive direction.
I was sitting here thinking of food this morning and how much more I enjoy cooking during the autumn and winter months. Bowls of soups and curried dishes are a must. The Saag Paneer looks tasty as well. I find that spices really help keep me on track as flavour is key to satiating some of my hunger bangs.
Thanks for posting them.
msmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #1479

You're welcome Mavis!! I also wish i could find a crockpot Baingan Bhartha (roasted eggplant) .. love that stuff, lol! and I could throw in some paneer or something .. If I find one I'll definitely be trying it, lol!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #1480

Ohmigod! Definitely making this one .. beans though, so high-ish carb for me, but good for the rest of the family .. maybe a Thanksgiving recipe!?

White Beans and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe - Crockpot Entree Low Fat Recipes

White Beans and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

This delicious and creamy low fat crockpot recipe has flavors of the south of France.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes

Total Time: 5 hours, 45 minutes

Ingredients:
•2 cups Great Northern beans, sorted
•3 cloves garlic, minced
•1 onion, chopped
•3 cups vegetable broth
•3 cups water
•1 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
•1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
•3/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
•4 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
•1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
•1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients except tomatoes, olives, and cheeses in 3-4 quart slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until beans are tender. Mash some of the white beans while in the crockpot to thicken mixture. Stir in tomatoes and olives and cook 10 more minutes until thoroughly heated. Stir in both types of cheese and serve. 5 servings
Old 09-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #1481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Pauline, bravo for stepping out of your comfort zone. I am sure that the KOPS loved your talk and kudos for getting 2 more speaking engagements. I know you will inspire lots of people.

I always get a lift after reading your journal twinnie!
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #1482
Major LCF Poster!

I love that recipe ! I am gonna try that this weekend... I prefer white beans...
I will let you know how I like it !!
Thanks !!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #1483

Let me know if you do try it JRod!! I'm thinking maybe of trying it with soybeans .. hmmmm ...

Wednesday October 5, 2011

From last night's Biggest Loser episode:

"My favorite saying since I was 6 years old: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work as hard" ... because I knew there were going to be people who were faster, bigger, and stronger but no one was going to work harder than me."

-- Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos
Old 11-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #1484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Colo Alex
Stats: 297/231/<200 (6'0", 47 y.o.)
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Back on track 9/7/11
Hi Pauline.

I see you are still kicking Axx and inspiring the world. Thought I'd drop by and say hi.
Colo Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #1485

Alex I miss you bud!!!! How's it going? I am struggling along and calling it maintenance, lol! Sometimes it is very tough .. a long hard slog, but worth it.

Are you still hiking the awesome trails nearby? Whats up with you??!!! You should hang with us through the holidays .. no matter what's going on with you right now!

Pauline
Old 11-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #1486
Major LCF Poster!

I'm actually doing pretty well. It is a struggle but I'm finding my groove again. I've been enjoying my hiking quite a bit! Somehow I'll find that guy who got there before, when I do, I'll have to figure out how to stay.

You look great in your avatar btw!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #1487

Thanks Alex ... we went surfing in Ireland .. me and my crazy family (hence the goofy grin). I am glad to hear you are doing well .. "that guy" who got there before ... well, it's an evolutionary process I think ... you are still him though

Pauline
Old 11-06-2011, 03:37 AM   #1488

Sunday November 6, 2011

##!!##!! Warning Warning VeGEtariAn pOSt ##!!##!!

I just thought I'd make some notes ..

I have been searching for mocassins that are leather / animal-free for my 11 yo and finally (!) found a really inexpensive brand for "vegetarian" shoes, lol! Soda Shoes. They have womens and kids shoes as far as I can tell and $24 beats the $180 pair I found for her at some hip Hollywood Vegetarian designer site. Now let's just hope they fit when they arrive!

Also, I had switched over to "humane certified" eggs at some point, appalled at the animal cruelty in poultry raising, and basically just ate the $3.70 price tag .. I have still been researching as cage-free can also mean, just some kind of barn room where they walk around and feed and have found "pasture-fed" eggs (also "humane-certified") locally for $5.99 which apparently is better than in a lot of places. Within reason, I do always try to be as frugal as possible, but will be voting with my wallet and switching over to those as soon as the cartons I have are finished.

Now if I could only figure out milk .. been buying Amish, organic, blah blah blah, but am not convinced it is ok ...
Old 11-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #1489
Major LCF Poster!

You are so funny Pauline. I, however want to know for a fact that my food has been properly tortured before I eat it.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #1490

lol Alex!! S'ok .. we can't all be highly evolved .. j/k!

September 12, 2011

I am doing really well this Fall all considered .. don't get me wrong, I struggle greatly with this stress and have binged at least once a week for the last month or so - and i hate it and want to stop stop stop it. But! I am maintaining and getting back down to the right place on a weekly basis. It truly is the prolonged stress that gets me and I know that is why I would gain a good 10-15 pounds every year (and then struggle the rest of the year to take it off) before I made myself buckle down in 2009.

A few things have been very helpful for me lately. The first thing is having a weekly irl weigh-in and posting a weekly weight (no matter what it is!) on my signature here. It has motivated me to work hard not to continue or prolong binge behavior after an incident. I make sure I am back in my favorite weight range by weigh-in and that has been working .. although I wish I could just stop binge-eating in the first place ..

The second thing is that I have begun to approach my exercise sessions with a passion and the intention of really pushing myself to "failure" in my cardio segment. I literally come out of my cardio with a huge endorphin high and stress release.

Third thing I suppose, is making the effort to stay involved with my weightloss friends and the realization that I have far more in common with century club folk in weightloss mode than I have with 90% of the Maintainers group. I still struggle with all the same things that got me to morbid obesity and kept me there for 38 years and I still need to be on top of my mindset on a daily basis. I have not had some miraculous cure that has me "fixed" as some claim lowcarb has done for them and their appetites and I probably never will.

For me, mindfulness is my cure and an understanding of the sneaky ways my mind has devised to opt out of life when its stresses overwhelm me .. staying with my friends who acknowledge they have this same struggle, and accept me as having that same struggle has been very helpful to me this Fall. I think it is tough to enter Maintenance and be expected to be so different from the others .. I felt in an awkward limbo - getting that impression from both those losing weight and those already on Maintenance and feeling like I really did not fit in anywhere at all ...

Stressful week ahead .. very stressful week ahead .. and it will all be ok!!!! Thanks to all my friends here who contribute to my wellbeing .. I love yezz ..

Last edited by TaDa!; 11-13-2011 at 06:08 AM..
Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #1491
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline,

You and your “sneaky” mind.

I am sorry that stress still causes you to have binge issues. It really is irrational to think that just because we lose weight that all of the issues and triggers that cause binges would magically go away. They don’t. And for some reason, they are part of us and make us who we are.

The difference is, now you have fought and one a huge battle. You are successful. You have lost and maintained for a long time. You won the big war, now you just have to keep fighting the little, irritating skirmishes that pop up from time to time.

Gone are the battles with self-loathing and low self-esteem. You are an amazing success. You are healthy.

I’m sorry about the stress. I know how hard it can be. Too bad there is not a silver bullet for that. If you find it let me know.

You are a strong, intelligent, amazing person. I am proud to know you, and count you as one of my friends. You are an inspiration to many and I for one am lucky to know you.

Fight on Sister!

My Journal
Old 11-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #1492

Thanks so much Alex. I count you one of my friends here We can beat the mind-demons. We can!

Sunday November 20, 2011

I am so damned proud of myself. I have been under huge stress - the same kind of stress that had me put on weight in the Fall of 2009 and took me all Spring to get off to get back to goal weight. Stress weight gain - a trend I was seeing once a year every year since reaching goal.

The last month or so I have had some bad stress-induced eating incidents, but have forced myself to get it under control immediately. Today is the final day of a very stressful period of time and my weight is just below what I call my favorite weight at 127.7. It has been stressful and upsetting to be mind-wrestling like that and seeing myself give into binge urges like I have been, but today I truly feel that the mental anguish of dealing with the urges and balancing after a binge sure beat the alternative.

There is nothing worse for me than going into a holiday, like Thanksgiving, with my weight up. Just the peace of mind knowing I am going into it in a good place makes eating when I am away from home and have much less control over meal times, restaurants, etc. far less stressful and worrisome. I am not talking about holiday splurge eating as many do. I am talking about the peace of mind I get when the only thing I can order on a menu is a little higher carb or calories than everyday normal - the ability to not sweat it, because I will maintain on it. I am talking about being able to just live through a holiday without worrying that I must restrict my food from maintenance levels, worry about missing a workout, or counting calories and carbs in order to ensure my next weigh-in will be in goal range ..

Bullet dodged. Thank You Me!!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #1493
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi Tada,
Lurking here. You give me hope and have made me think that maybe I just need to do the best I can and not hope for some l/c miracle cure like you mentioned.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #1494

I think it's our only possible choice Jeanie .. it has allowed me to be in a range of about 3 pounds for the last year and a half rather than that yo-yo dieting range I had going on before with about 15 lbs of my total ... It is not always pleasant. This Fall has sucked as far as my mental state .. but better than getting out of that weight range and compounding the anguish, yanno?
Old 11-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #1495
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I am not at the point yet where a binge always stops at one episode w/o escalating into days of binging and/or overeating. This tends to put the weight on quickly and I am struggling to stay ahead of the game, but I'll do my best.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #1496
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cammie
Stats: 262 / 245 / ?
WOE: Atkins
I'm getting near to my goal range and getting MORE worried / stressed about maintenance. Your success despite all the struggles is hugely inspirational!

Quote:
A few things have been very helpful for me lately. The first thing is having a weekly irl weigh-in and posting a weekly weight (no matter what it is!) on my signature here.
I am wondering if it would be worth going back to WW (I'm a former leader and a gold member) just for that weigh-in once I'm down to my goal weight. It would be free as long as I can stay there, LOL! Just found my old card too so it may be something I'll look into doing.

Quote:
The second thing is that I have begun to approach my exercise sessions with a passion and the intention of really pushing myself to "failure" in my cardio segment.
This one I think will be my biggest struggle, but I am committed to exercise at least five days a week.

Quote:
Third thing I suppose, is making the effort to stay involved with my weightloss friends and the realization that I have far more in common with century club folk in weightloss mode than I have with 90% of the Maintainers group. I still struggle with all the same things that got me to morbid obesity and kept me there for 38 years and I still need to be on top of my mindset on a daily basis. I have not had some miraculous cure that has me "fixed" as some claim lowcarb has done for them and their appetites and I probably never will.

For me, mindfulness is my cure and an understanding of the sneaky ways my mind has devised to opt out of life when its stresses overwhelm me .. staying with my friends who acknowledge they have this same struggle, and accept me as having that same struggle has been very helpful to me this Fall. I think it is tough to enter Maintenance and be expected to be so different from the others .. I felt in an awkward limbo - getting that impression from both those losing weight and those already on Maintenance and feeling like I really did not fit in anywhere at all ...
I've been waiting over a year to get that "not hungry" feeling so many people post about. It still hasn't happened and I don't think it ever will for me. I've been dieting for more than 40 years, have been morbidly obese too, and am MORE scared of maintenance than of losing.

I also feel strange posting sometimes because I am close to goal yet the struggles are exactly the same as they were when I started. I think it will only get harder now.
cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #1497

Jeanie, Getting out of the days of binge eating is definitely the first step, but even in that case, I personally think that what you do to get out of it, i.e. how you eat and what you tell yourself is more important than what went on beforehand - the binge eating - the only thing that has worked for me has been to go back to a sensible level of food without trying to "make up" for it by restricting. maybe that is how I have been able to keep it to isolated events lately. I know the next day, the next two days, that all that is necessary is getting back to the food and exercise path I was in prior to the incident, so my mind feels eased somehow ..

Cammie I think going back to WW is a great idea!!!! I cannot tell you how helpful it is, to have to come to terms with the scale once a week - the weight range is perfectly reasonable - and I am allowed to float, essentially 4 pounds. It is more what my mind tells me each week, the fact that I am holding myself to an accounting that helps me..

I do know exactly what you mean about the struggles being exactly the same. Also all the reward of periodic weightloss and goals kind of goes .. irl weigh-ins or even just weekly postings of your weight can help with that where you kind of keep your mind on what the goal actually is and come to the terms with the fact that, yes, you are still needing to work at this full time and yes, there is a reason to do it even though the rewards become less obvious ...

Last edited by TaDa!; 11-21-2011 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 11-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #1498
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear you made it through the difficult week.

Keep dodging those bullets!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:57 AM   #1499
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Sister!

Haven’t heard a peep from you in a while so I thought I’d check in with you. Stressful time of year, I know. My wife has her musical this week and it has been pretty darn hectic for her. She spent all weekend sewing costumes and she is gone every night.

You just got to put your head down, and lean into the wind and keep going.

Hope all is well.

Alex
Old 12-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #1500

Thanks Alex I have been journal neglect-ful!! Such a busy time of year!!!! .. and dd finished her big production .. and promptly got *the* part she wanted in her next production, lol! I often wonder if I should be happy or unhappy about that, lol lol!!!!!! Now, I understand why you end up on your own to eat at night at times!!!! The theater hours suck bigtime, lol!!! Poor Alex I am really glad to see you are doing so well!!!!!!

December 16, 2011

OK, so neglectful me .. slinks back in for my annual personal bragfest, marking of the line in the sand, that for me is: the watching of the finale of Biggest Loser, lol!!!!!!

Only one single person this season lost more percentage of body weight than I .. the biggest loser himself, John! at 49% to my 46%. And I still have it all off! Woot!

I noticed that most past season BL winners tend to settle on a maintenance weight up a good 20 lbs or so from their "fighting weight."

Anyhow .. I rank myself second in my imaginary BL contest in my head for 2011. Nice!!!

(ok, silly I know, but us maintainers have to hang onto something! And I have a few annual weight "anniversaries" to work toward every year - gives me something to keep me honest!)