Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #1321
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Thursday December 16, 2010

Confessing to my guilty pleasure .. Watching Biggest Loser finales and comparing my weightloss to that of the Biggest Loser contestants and winner .... At 128 and 45.7% weight lost on my own .. lol!! I beat the Biggest Loser Season 10, Patrick, at his 45.25% (and *most* of the other contestants)

I weighed in this morning at 127.8 .... and had a stressful day watching a huge bulldozer tear up my yard, men drill through my basement and foundation, etc etc etc .. Watching BL, and getting lots of chores done was awesome! It's dark now and I cannot see how well or badly things got put back together, lol! so I am just going to relax (ha!) by taking two 10 yos off to the shore to a show that another friend is starring in tonight ... keeping on my toes!!!
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 04:56 AM   #1322

Friday December 17, 2010

I could afford to skip the gym today weight-wise (127.2) and body wise (a tiny bit sore from this weeks workouts) and lord knows I have enough to do to give me valid reasons to skip! lol! But once the construction guy leaves, I will make myself go since I may have trouble getting in workouts next week .. with my only clear days being Tuesday (semi-clear), Wednesday, and Thursday ...

The following week the kids are home and I do not even know if I will make it out to the gym unless I go during dinner .. serve dinner to the heathens and head out the door .. I hate hate hate doing that, but might do it anyhow .. Alternately I might work out in the morning at home .. treadmill, free weights and bands.. I'm not worried about getting in the cardio really .. just the weights to keep up the muscle mass I've gotten. it would be a bummer to lose any after I've suddenly seen some progress, lol!

I just gave this to dh for his birthday this week ... he is very pleased!!!! the rack was $40 on Amazon, and I got the weights at Sears .. 20s, 15s, 10s, 8s and 5s (which I already had). I'd really only use the 5s and 8s myself, lol! the weights were pricey even though I did not get the fancy chrome ones and the whole setup including rack ended up about $180 ..

Dh was very surprised and pleased with it! Heh heh heh .. I wonder if he's going to like his forest green snuggie and basket I made up with treats from Ireland, half as much, lol!! Such mixed messages I'm sending .... work out and get muscle bound and then lie in your snuggie eating toffees ...

Old 12-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #1323

Sunday December 19, 2010

So I got in a workout at home today .. treadmill and upper body weights. I think it was just as effective as a workout at the gym. I figured out a full upper body workout with dumb bells and resistance bands .. I had already figured out a full lower body workout a few weeks ago. Anyhow, I feel better about missing tomorrow now - multiple doctor's appointments set up for the kids in Boston and elsewhere .. fun fun! lol! I should be able to get in 3 more workouts this week at the gym before the kids are home on vacation Friday.

And the following christmas vacation week, I think I will just plan to workout here in the house for all 4 workouts. My older daughter will sleep in and I am up at 6 am like clockwork, so I can get a workout done before anyone expects me to be driving around the state like a madwoman! (and I will be in the house for my younger dd). I could afford to skip a week of working out and still maintain my weight - I have done it on every vacation since 2003 - but honestly, I just feel better, more confident, more happy when I can just stick to my set schedule ...

planning planning planning

= success!

Last edited by TaDa!; 12-19-2010 at 07:02 AM..
Old 12-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #1324

Tuesday December 21, 2010

I'm doing well and keeping busy! I should be fine all the way up through Christmas day and then things will get more difficult and I will need to do some more serious planning to keep myself from stressing ...

I find I do worse with eating when I am sitting around without projects to do, places to go, or things to see!! Yes, I realize this is not some genius epiphany, lol .. but sometimes these things *are* when I apply them to *me* .. lol!!!

I do see lots of snow shoveling in my future, however.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #1325

Wednesday January 22, 2010

Something new I have been doing -- and I do not have any idea where it came from -- when I feel I am in danger of confronting someone with no possibility of a good outcome, I hear a voice in my head say "Keep yourself to yourself, keep yourself to yourself, keep yourself to yourself" ... I can think of at least 3 or 4 times in the last few days with family, acquaintances, and strangers, and always, if I think back on it, it was the right thing to do - the only thing to do at that time.

At one time - as in, most of my life - I would usually lash out when I felt I was in the right. It was rarely productive. This latest "thing" is not anything I have thought about or actually tried to fix, etc. I am just suddenly rather Zen .... Weird! Good but weird!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #1326

Thursday December 23, 2010

Those who Can, Do
Those who Can't ....
Well, they just talk a lot

Old 12-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #1327

December 24, 2010

Nice night! We just had Carolers! and dinner was decadent cheese enchiladas (with Joseph's lc tortillas for me), and spicy green beans (with rice and beans for the carb-eaters) ... it was so yummy I might make it again New Year's Eve ... but maybe I'll do something else, hmmm not sure!!

LC Irish Coffee was also pretty darn good ... whiskey, vanilla-flavored coffee, milk, splenda, topped with whipped cream .. looks like that will bear repeating tomorrow, lol!

Sleep tight all! Santa is coming!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #1328

Sunday December 26, 2010

The past week has been great! Enjoyed our celebrations and ate reasonably and satisfyingly The bean crockpot I made was just amazing and weirdly my calorie/carb numbers on Christmas Day ended up the same as a normal day .. in the moment, I made a decision not to drink, having had just enough on Christmas eve!

The week ahead will prove challenging as my ability to plan for it is very minimal! The kids are home from school, we have a storm coming with 18-20 inches overnight tonight, lol! a dinner out with friends Wednesday night, so I have to take it all minute by minute!! I seem to be successful going at it that way lately -- where in the past I'd have just stressed myself into a tizzy ..

So in the interests of "minute-by-minute," I managed a workout at the gym today while dh is home and the snow isn't a deterrant just yet! and I am eating for a "regular day" today. So I now have only 3 workouts to get in for the rest of the week (thru next Sunday) if I am to claim perfection .. yay! Although honestly I could skip the rest of the week and be fine -- I am just trying to keep up a certain muscle building level for my own narcissistic reasons, lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post

Wednesday January 22, 2010

Something new I have been doing -- and I do not have any idea where it came from -- when I feel I am in danger of confronting someone with no possibility of a good outcome, I hear a voice in my head say "Keep yourself to yourself, keep yourself to yourself, keep yourself to yourself" ... I can think of at least 3 or 4 times in the last few days with family, acquaintances, and strangers, and always, if I think back on it, it was the right thing to do - the only thing to do at that time.

At one time - as in, most of my life - I would usually lash out when I felt I was in the right. It was rarely productive. This latest "thing" is not anything I have thought about or actually tried to fix, etc. I am just suddenly rather Zen .... Weird! Good but weird!
Another good head-phrase came to me occasionally the last few days -- and it is really kind of funny because it is a version of something I say to my littlest girl. The phrase that came to me like some huge epiphany when I could feel anger, or discomfort, or worry starting that familiar slow burn in my mind ... was:

Why be Upset?

It is funny because over the years I have distilled down whole conversations to a single phrase to respond to my little girl who continually says "I'm sorry" even at the most inappropriate times (reminds me of me as a little girl). I have had teachers talk to me about it, etc etc .. anyhow, my response to her now is always "Why be sorry?" and in that phrase, I am just reminding her that she has nothing to be sorry for and no one expects her to shoulder any guilt over anything ...

Anyhow, I have co-opted my parenting methods for use on self, apparently .. This is a good thing although sometimes I think Barney may be up there dancing in my head running the show ...
Old 12-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #1329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/189/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Pauline, thank you for continuing to chronicle your journey. I really enjoy reading all of your posts, and your journal is amazing. I have learned the hard way (twice!!!!!) that maintenance does NOT mean "NOW I can RELAX!" Just the opposite - I should have gotten even more vigilent! Anyway....while I regroup it is VERY good for me to read about your approach to things.

I also love your epiphanies this week! "Keep yourself to yourself" is very appropriate for me.

Thank you for sharing!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #1330

Thanks Doggygirl! I am trying to strike a good balance and would probably not be half so vigilant if not for the weekly weigh-ins at the IRL group I joined, "TOPS". I am kind of up and down about whether it is too much, or not and still trying to find how far I can stretch things and still be right where I need to be for that group .. it is a long process, mentally-speaking, that is for sure!! I am glad some of my blathering is useful to my friends! Pauline

Monday December 27, 2010

So I had some inadvertent exercise, lol! and I think I can absolutely consider the hour+ of snow shoveling (plus however much more I will have to do today) as workout #2 of the week completed ... yay! Although I have to admit I am only in the door about an hour and am already a tiny bit stiff/sore .. uh oh .... Great that it is Monday, and I only have a max of two more workouts to get in for the rest of the week!!!

I am now contemplating whether to go out somewhere with the kids for the rest of the day, or not ... I think we are up to about 14 inches of snow and possibly a few more on the way .. no traffic on my road at all this morning but the very very occasional car or truck, so I am thinking it is probably a bit treacherous until you get to the main roads ...
Old 12-29-2010, 04:41 AM   #1331

Wednesday December 29, 2010

Writing the date, I just realized that today is my TOPS joining anniversary! Cool! It has been annoying having official weekly weigh-ins all year, lol! as I have felt pressure (of my own making!! I am a big player of the mental games!) to stay under 131-2 every week so I can say "I'm Pauline and I am a maintainer under goal" every week at weigh-in rollcall .. Anyhow, apparently the self-imposed pressure has been effective as I have been able to say that every week for the last 6 months ...

I am a little saddened reading here and also hearing that some of my TOPS friends IRL have just lost it between Thanksgiving and Christmas and are up 10-15lbs after bingeing on refined carbs and sweets ... not even normal eating of refined carbs and sweets, but true bingeing. I have been talking to one of the gals IRL and she is seriously deluded as to what is going on. I was a little "tough love" on her as everytime she has binged this past year, it was on food she "made for other people, "or bought for visitors", etc etc.

I told her she was fooling herself when she made or bought those things that she *had* to do it for the others and that bad food does not equal love. This whole year she has justified each one of these times with "them". I told her, that I feed my family healthy food and they love it .. the same type of food that is heathy for me and that there is no reason to be giving visitors lasagnas and nachos at your house when you are a great cook who could make some awesome casseroles you can eat also. It is hard to see a friend deluded .. I really do think I have "called it" and I hope she is not too angry at me. The demon fat cells want what they want and well ...

So back to me, I have kept busy the last few days which is just the thing for vacation week!! Off to Boston this morning with the teenagers to walk around shopping all day and then dinner and drinks with friends tonight. I would have just eaten lunch out today - my weight is good, etc (127.4 the last couple of days), but seeing as I'll likely indulge a bit tonight, I think I will pack my entire lunch and take it to Boston with me .. ahhh the things we do!

Maybe I will make a point of trying on skinny jeans to keep my mind in the right place for dinner out tonight, lol!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #1332

Thursday December 30, 2010

So I overdid it a bit last night. Something I have noticed in just the last year .. bartenders tend to pour my drinks as doubles and think they are doing me a favor .. but then, of course, I have my standard 2 drinks, and am drunk. Even when I realize that is probably what is going on, I find it hard to say no to a "second" drink .. happened all week on vacation in August too and I even got sick one night, and stopped drinking for the rest of vacation. So this is something I am going to have to think about and come up with a solution. Luckily I do not drink "out" too often, but it is something that can be a problem for me .. maybe I have to make sure I am sitting in the area served by female bartenders, lol!

I also overate at dinner last night, even more than planned, but carbs stayed on track. So my weight should bump up a few pounds probably tomorrow, and maybe Saturday .. but should still be fine for my "after-the-holidays" weigh-in at TOPS as long as I keep everything back to plan ...

The dinner out with friends was very good and fun and it is actually a funny story. We know them about 20 years and when we were looking for a place to move that accomodated our two jobs, they encouraged us to move to this town. Now our children go to the same schools, etc although they are all different ages ..

Anyhow, at one point in time I felt very insulted by this woman. I do not think she was doing this overtly though - She would call me only when she needed something and one time I organized for them to come here for a meal and had everything ready and she blew us off that day .. when I would hear about all their plans for socializing with other people they knew from out of town. I felt like I was good enough only when she needed someone to babysit one of her children ... so we fell out of touch, as I always made myself "busy" or "unavailable".

Dial ahead a few years and everytime they see me, they gush over how great I look and how unbelievable my transformation is. Dial ahead even a few more years after that, and the talk is how amazing that I have kept it off, etc" Then last year when I changed gyms, I would see her there trying to get off some weight she had gained and was always very friendly, even went off to lunch one day with herself and her youngest (she has 4).

Anyhow this past year, when she has seen either dh or I at the gym, we have chatted for a long while and now are socializing a bit, and when I leave the table, the talk is about me, ha! Both she and her dh have gained weight - I would say she has about 30 more than before, and her dh, probably about 60 more lbs - and somehow time, having children (we had children before they did, although we are the same age), and my weightloss and dh getting in amazing shape has changed our relationship ..

I am so glad that morbidly obese me made a stand, without alienating anyone - just by my actions, even when I could have used a friend. We have come full circle even though it has taken about 20 years. My conclusion is that people respect others who respect themselves more than those who let themselves be treated like doormats ...
Old 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #1333

-continued-

Big DD and I made Linda Sue's Pepper and Onion Quiche tonight from Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes and we both absolutely loved it!!!! our only tweak was to substitute 1 cup of lowfat plain yogurt for the 1 cup of heavy cream. DD loved hers as is, and salsa freak that I am, I had mine with hot salsa.

It is so simple and good I would absolutely make a double or triple batch next time in a 9x13 casserole dish:

PEPPER & ONION QUICHE

1 green pepper, cut in thin strips, 4 ounces
1 small onion*
1-2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces Cheddar/Monterey jack cheese mix, shredded*
6 eggs
1 cup lowfat plain yogurt*
a few sprinkles of salt*
Dash pepper

Sauté the peppers and onion in butter until tender. Place the cheese in a greased large pie plate. Top with the pepper mixture. Beat the eggs with the cream, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the peppers. Bake at 350º 35 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

* denotes our little tweaks ...
Old 12-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #1334

Friday December 31, 2010

I have spent the last two weeks reading over my journal for the year and reflecting on all the amazing things that have happened. I must say that without a journal I would not have realized just how much I accomplished in 2010!

Accomplishments of 2010

I met my goal to be maintaining nicely without any holiday gain by Jan 1, 2011. I weigh-in today at 129.2!

Since getting back to goal in June, I have stayed in a very very narrow range of weight: 126-132 lbs thanks to my TOPS meetings, logging a weekly weight into my signature and generally being accountable for myself -- Making a solid commitment to being the best possible me, maintaining **all** of my weightloss, not just the 90+ I took off that first year. I'd already proven I could do that since 2004!! This year I pretty much made the decision that was not enough and I have followed through .. with a solid 7 months without any little weight gains.

In an attempt to save money and eat a little healthier, I came up with homemade sweet snacks and treats to replace the use of processed bars. Not only have I pretty much taken the bars out of my menu, I have come to realize that I **much** prefer the taste of the homemade stuff. I keep a package or two of bars for shopping outings, but eat them very very seldom.

99% of the time I eat as laco-ovo vegetarian -- and have for 30+ years. After reading Jonathan Safran Foer's book Eating Animals, I switched to "humane certified" eggs and milk in March despite the price. Although I did not get to start a "Vegan Monday" which was something I'd been thinking about, I did develop and started eating a vegan flax muffin and am much farther toward trying out a Vegan Monday .. in the same way people do "Meatless Mondays".

I have refined my Maintenance nutrient levels after having read New Atkins For A New You ... and realizing that, although I can eat up to 100 - or more net carbs and still maintain my weight easily, that staying lower most of time, 50-75 net carbs gives me a much better level of food satiety .. I have also had some enlightenment as to how much food it takes to maintain my weight on a daily basis, and that I am quite happy eating a certain way most of the time, saving indulgences for special occasions ... and that this means nearly-effortless maintenance for me as long as I practice mindfulness ..

I have moved from daily food logging to a slightly looser way of eating here and there and I feel like I am moving toward the more intuitive method that I have used successfully on all my vacations since 2003. Honestly it is not intuitive eating at all -- it is more knowing the correct portion size, food elements, and number of meals/snacks that will maintain a person at 128 pounds with my level of activity, and coming to accept something I call "the edge of hunger" that is so very very different from the stuffed feeling I always demanded of my meals .. I can say now that I finally acknowledge to myself that I have re-learned how to eat like a normal person even if it is not my natural instinct to eat in this way .. to that "edge of hunger". It is an amazingly liberating realization!

I helped my own family in big ways this year.

.............. In 2010, my youngest daughter turned 10 and finally reached a very healthy weight and fit into a regular jeans size for her age - without dieting. We still have challenges to ensure she stays at a good level and gains weight properly for growth, but this is a big milestone we have passed this year. I am so amazed at how she has taken control of this, "being healthy" and proud that I could help her get there before puberty hits.

.............. My mother had been depressed about some weight gain (probably 20-30 lbs) over the last few years as she has gotten older. She complained herself about it quite a bit and was always complimenting me on my consistency with exercise, etc, so when I was with her for three weeks over the summer, I got her a trainer who has really turned her and my father around and back to a more active healthy lifestyle - and onto moderate carb eating, lol! They have both lost weight in 2010 and seem more vibrant and happy with themselves. These are big big things I helped make happen in 2010 -- with subtle influence -- and am very honored to have been able to make this difference for the people in my life.

I have surprised my family with *my* ability to take "hits" in life and weather the stresses as Mom in a cheerful, can-do way. Our house is just happier when Mom is happier ... Really the best result of weight maintenance, the best gift of 2010 is the vibrancy and zest for life that is mine, the confidence that I did not yo-yo this year at all ... and the secure feeling that each year can only be better and better for me.

Goals For 2011

To remain in that narrow margin of weight .. 124-134 (with favorite weight 128) .. the entire year of 2011, able to say on Jan 1, 2012 that I maintained this year.

To be a consistent weekly weigher at TOPS.

To be a consistent journaler here in this journal.

To continue to change my body composition, such that being in that weight range includes a greater amount of muscle and smaller amount of fat. My actual goal is just to have more muscle than I do today!

To continue the mindfulness I achieved in 2010 and being the best person that I can be for those around me.

To convert our downstairs into a library, second tv-viewing room, and get the whole downstairs organized. That will actually feel like a huge accomplishment to me and honestly, it will make me happy, lol!

Do these seem like paltry goals for 2011?

Most New Years goals imply some kind of revolutionary life change, generally unattainable, lol!

Maintaining my weight and making my house more habitable for all of us are two things I would be thrilled to be able to say I achieved a year from now!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #1335

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
I have also had some enlightenment as to how much food it takes to maintain my weight on a daily basis, and that I am quite happy eating a certain way most of the time, saving indulgences for special occasions ... and that this means nearly-effortless maintenance for me as long as I practice mindfulness ..
This is commendable, Pauline. It's huge.

And as for your positive influence on your family, how more rewarding can THAT be? Your action, your choices, your lifestyle have brought about positive change in the lives of those you love.

I'd say 2010 was pretty damn successful for you.

You are a winner, friend.

Happy New Year to you...your goals for this year are noteworthy. No doubt you will achieve each and all of them.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #1336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Happy New Year Pauline!! Wishing you the best if everything in the new year.... X
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #1337

Thanks so much Twyla! and Glamour!! here's to an amazing 2011 for us!!!! Glamour .. looks like I might get to Ireland this summer .. Fleadh Cheaoil 2011 is being held in dh's hometown of Cavantown and so we might all just go even if we will have to sell limbs to buy airline tix that time of year ...

January 2, 2011

How strange it is to write that date up there! Over Thanksgiving and then again over Christmas / New Years a few of us on the Century Club joined a little challenge to get through the holiday and meet a short term goal.

My goals were very very specific weight goals .. to enjoy the festivities and still come out the other side under 131 lbs. For the Thanksgiving challenge I finished at 129 lbs. For the Christmas/NY Challenge I stand currently at 130, which would be my weight bump-up from New Years Eve - I can consistently say that water weight appears for me 2 days after consumption ..

My personal challenge completion date will likely always coincide with TOPS weigh in, so I am going to finish my challenge here in my journal:

Start Weight ... 127.8

Mon/12/20 ... 127.2 ...
Tue/12/21 ... 127.8 ...
Wed/12/22 ... 127.4 ...
Thu/12/23 ... 126.4 ...
Fri/12/24 ... 126.6 ...
Sat/12/25 ... 127.4 ...
Sun/12/26 ... 128.4 ...
Mon/12/27 ... 128.4 ...
Tue/12/28 ... 127.4 ...
Wed/12/29 ... 127.4 ...
Thu/12/30 ... 127.8 ...
Fri/12/31 ... 129.2 ...
Sat/1/1/11 ... 129.2 ...
Sun/1/2/11 ... 130 ...
Mon/1/3/11 ...
Tue/1/4/11 ... under 131 goal! ...

If anyone has an interest in a short-term challenge, stay tuned here and I will post a link to our Valentines Day Challenge thread from the CC some time day. So far, two of us are "in". My personal challenge will not involve daily weigh-ins, just weekly, and challenges do not have to be weight-based .. You could decide to be on plan the whole time, or exercise a certain number of days a week, etc etc. I am not usually too big into the challenges, but I like the short-term nature of these ones, as you work to a specific date and then move on .. Anyhow, stay tuned!!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #1338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Pauline that'd amazing!! Let me knw!! I'll pop down and see u x x
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #1339

Quote:

Start Weight ... 127.8

Mon/12/20 ... 127.2 ...
Tue/12/21 ... 127.8 ...
Wed/12/22 ... 127.4 ...
Thu/12/23 ... 126.4 ...
Fri/12/24 ... 126.6 ...
Sat/12/25 ... 127.4 ...
Sun/12/26 ... 128.4 ...
Mon/12/27 ... 128.4 ...
Tue/12/28 ... 127.4 ...
Wed/12/29 ... 127.4 ...
Thu/12/30 ... 127.8 ...
Fri/12/31 ... 129.2 ...
Sat/1/1/11 ... 129.2 ...
Sun/1/2/11 ... 130 ...
Mon/1/3/11 ...
Tue/1/4/11 ... under 131 goal! ...

If anyone has an interest in a short-term challenge, stay tuned here and I will post a link to our Valentines Day Challenge thread from the CC some time day. So far, two of us are "in". My personal challenge will not involve daily weigh-ins, just weekly, and challenges do not have to be weight-based .. You could decide to be on plan the whole time, or exercise a certain number of days a week, etc etc. I am not usually too big into the challenges, but I like the short-term nature of these ones, as you work to a specific date and then move on .. Anyhow, stay tuned!!
Impressive weigh in record, Pauline.

About short-term challenges? Yes, might be a good idea. My track record with challenges is rather poor. I tend to shy away from challenges because they can be time consuming. I feel led to respond to all challengers each day, and that can be overwhelming when we're at our busiest. But challenges are very motivating.

But you've piqued my interest.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 AM   #1340

Glamour that would be very cool!!!! lol!!!! Although I must say eating lc vegetarian meals in Cavan is .. well ... hahahahhahahaha ..... challenging?? Luckily I always have a kitchen! and Guinness counts as food, dh always tell me, lol! I will let you know if we do decide we can go!

Twyla! I am posting the Valentines Challenge link below .. I am not sure whether it would be the kind of challenge that would work for you, but maybe! We do have a few folks who, like me are at goal or close to, but it is a Century Club challenge so I think most of us in that "category" came from bigggggg start weights, lol! and the rest are regular century club folk (with 100+ to lose). I notice most people seem to have "starting up exercise" as a goal, so it may be a little too tame since you are far down that road!! Anyhow, check it out!

Monday January 3, 2011

Back to the rest of my life! lol! The kids back to school. Dh back to work. Restaurant outings, food celebrations over now for the most part and I need to get my hiney back to the gym! Only made it once last week + a day of intense snow shoveling .. so this week is back to business with 4 days of exercise!

My food has been 100% on track the last two days and it feels really good to be just back to a place where I do not have to think about food or exercise .. I just do it. That is my favorite most comforting place to be .. where I just do what I do and know it means "maintenance" even without the scale to confirm things..

I started on the Valentines Challenge over on the Century Club and welcome anyone to join us: Valentines Day Challenge! Join us!! It should help get us through the winter doldrums! I am still finishing out my Christmas/New Years Challenge which, for me, ends with tomorrow's weigh-in .. so here's where I stand!

Start Weight ... 127.8

Mon/12/20 ... 127.2 ...
Tue/12/21 ... 127.8 ...
Wed/12/22 ... 127.4 ...
Thu/12/23 ... 126.4 ...
Fri/12/24 ... 126.6 ...
Sat/12/25 ... 127.4 ...
Sun/12/26 ... 128.4 ...
Mon/12/27 ... 128.4 ...
Tue/12/28 ... 127.4 ...
Wed/12/29 ... 127.4 ...
Thu/12/30 ... 127.8 ...
Fri/12/31 ... 129.2 ...
Sat/1/1/11 ... 129.2 ...
Sun/1/2/11 ... 130 ...
Mon/1/3/11 ... 129.6 ...
Tue/1/4/11 ... hoping to be under 131 goal! ...

Happy January Everyone!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #1341

Tuesday January 4, 2010

My challenge was to weigh in under 131 at TOPS on 1/4/10 and I nailed it! I actually really wanted to weigh in within my favorite favorite range: 128-130. I got through The New Year's weekend and festivities, and at this point I can claim two days totally back to my normal good behaviors (no restrictions!). My reward was: I came in at a wonderful weight this morning at TOPS .. weirdly it was less than at home, but I'll take it! lol!

Final Results Christmas/New Years Challenge

Start Weight ... 127.8

Mon/12/20 ... 127.2 ...
Tue/12/21 ... 127.8 ...
Wed/12/22 ... 127.4 ...
Thu/12/23 ... 126.4 ...
Fri/12/24 ... 126.6 ...
Sat/12/25 ... 127.4 ...
Sun/12/26 ... 128.4 ...
Mon/12/27 ... 128.4 ...
Tue/12/28 ... 127.4 ...
Wed/12/29 ... 127.4 ...
Thu/12/30 ... 127.8 ...
Fri/12/31 ... 129.2 ...
Sat/1/1/11 ... 129.2 ...
Sun/1/2/11 ... 130 ...
Mon/1/3/11 ... 129.6 ...
Tue/1/4/11 ... 128

Next stop .. back to my normal weekly and daily routines! Go me!!!

Last edited by TaDa!; 01-04-2011 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #1342
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
WTG! Such inspiration!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #1343

lol! thanks Poot!

Pauline
Old 01-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #1344

Quote:

My reward was: I came in at a wonderful weight this morning at TOPS .. weirdly it was less than at home, but I'll take it! lol!
Yay!

You're an all-star!

When do you graduate to KOPS?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #1345
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/189/145 5'3 3/4"
Thank you, Pauline.
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #1346

I've been a KOPS since June, Twyla .. hence all the stress over keeping in a very particular weight range so I do not lose my "status" .. well, I guess you could say I should have been more stressed over that throughout my maintenance before joining TOPS, lol lol!!!

I don't really use the "KOPS" word except in the TOPS thread here .. just because I think it sounds weird and like some secret society .. where, for me, anyhow, it is more just a place to keep accountable and inspired as well as help some other folks along the way ... As far as it being helpful and educational wrt Maintenance .. it ain't that, lol!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #1347

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Thank you, Pauline.
You're welcome, lol! Not so sure what I did .. except be happy that Elizabeth is back around!!

P
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #1348
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Colo Alex
Stats: 297/231/<200 (6'0", 47 y.o.)
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Back on track 9/7/11
Quote:
sounds weird and like some secret society ..
Ooooooo! Secret society! I knew it!

Are you the Grand Master Poobah?
Colo Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #1349

Nope! I'm the ugly illegitimate half-sister who refuses to wear the beanie and do the secret handshake ...
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #1350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
Wear the tin foil hat...that way we know you're flying solo.

Good to see you're staying the course Pauline. Me too! Had a bit of a food-fest over the holidays but after a good long walk around the block (so to speak), I got back on track and been back to what constitutes normal for me now which means eating well and working out daily. Working out, as you know is so helpful with keeping focused and maintaining a positive outlook. I actually enjoy my daily routine. It's my time to let my mind wonder away and unravel a bit,....it's fun to see where it takes me.
Anyhow.....
All the best to you in 2011 my friend.
msmoon is offline   Reply With Quote