Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #1141
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Joycelyn
Pauline, I really enjoy reading your blog. Really, you should write a book, and it would definitely sell.

I have committed to being a vegetarian again. I'm tired of flip flopping back and forth, following whatever plan my husband is on. I really felt healthiest and spiritually happiest when I was a veg.

Reading your blog really gives me great ideas, recipes, etc. I'm sure others have said it before but you are a real blessing to us.

Please keep posting!
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 04:54 AM   #1142
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Awww thanks so much Joycelyn. You are a sweetie!!!!!! I am glad some of the stuff I post here is useful to others!! I just happen to be on a cooking kick this year, lol!

In fact, I am just going to re-post some recipes right here from the Muscle Matters recipe thread, here: Nutrition: Recipe and Meal Ideas. I was in there looking up some protein bar recipes for a new friend from my TOPS group and came across these I may try soon. Being as I am going to up my calories back to maintenance level very shortly and am loving the coconut oil / cocoa recipes, the coconut fudge in particular might be a good option ... I am off to hunt unsweetened coconut flakes later today (they only have sweetened at my market!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellibean View Post

~~ Peanut Butter-Coconut Cookies~~

1 C Almond Flour
3/4 C Coconut
26 packets Splenda
1 C Natural Peanut Butter
1 scoop protein powder
2 Jumbo Eggs
1/4 C Ground Flax Seed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Mix ingredients together. Form into 24 balls on a baking sheet. Use a fork to press into cookie shape. Bake for 8 minutes.

Makes 24
Nutritional breakdown per cookie:
120 cal/9.3g fat/2.6 net carbs/5.2 g protein
(1.6 g fiber per cookie)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post

Coconut Oil Recipes

From Smasty:

1. Chocolate Pecan Fudge:

4 T melted C Oil
3 squares of premium baking chocolate, melted
3 T of ground flax seeds
2 T of shredded coconut
Chopped pecans
Scoop of PP
2 packets splenda

line an 8x8 pan w/ foil, spread in pan and refrigerate, cut into 8 bars

2. Vanilla Walnut fudge

4 T melted c oil
3 T of ground flax seeds
2 T of shredded coconut
scoop of PP
1 tsp vanilla
2 packets splenda
1 T. Davinci french vanilla SF syrup
chopped walnuts

pour into an 8x8 pan like above

Other ideas: maple fudge, orange fudge, german chocolate frosting fudge, Leenies mint fudge (post a recipe!), mocha fudge....what else?! Just got to thank Leenie for starting this off with a great recipe....this stuff is wonderful! I can't believe it's health food!

S.

p.s. I actually put a lot of unsweetened shredded coconut in my batches, probably 1/4 c, also, the vanilla fudge is wonderful!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Diamond Deb:

Mounds Bar

1 serving chocolate protein powder
2 T melted virgin coconut oil
a few drops of coconut extract
1-2 packets Splenda
warm water to reach desired conistency. A little will make it stiff and lumpy, more will make flat thin candy.

Mix. Plop between wax paper and smoosh. Let harden in refrigerator or freezer (if you're in a hurry )

My variations:

York Peppermint Patty: Add mint extract instead of coconut

Peanut Butter Lumps: Add a couple tablespoons of natual peanut butter to your chocolate protein powder mix ...
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #1143

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
yummy looking recipes. I look forward to your review.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:57 AM   #1144

Friday May 28, 2010

Phew! Lots and lots of thoughts running through my head this week. It started with watching the finale to the Biggest Loser .. As the reveals went on and on and the weightloss percentages popped up, I realized that I too was in this league. Before picking my desired goal weight, I went as low as 123 which is a 48% bodyweight loss. At my actual goal weight, I am at 45% ..

It did not really hit me, until my husband exclaimed, responding to a TV 48% weightloss "My God, that's like half of their body weight!" and my dd had a similar reaction. I just sat there a little bit stunned. I have never shared my numbers with them or anyone else IRL who is not battling obesity. They have forgotten how big I actually was. I think I was so stunned because it brought home to me how I have made a life change if even my family does not see that me anymore. People have said to me that I do not look like I have ever been overweight and I have always thought that was weird, but to have my family forget my physical bigness ....

I have been all caught up in losing weight I've had on for a year - 8 pounds so far - and despite it being so little weight, I feel like I have shed gobs of weight this Spring. I feel so different in my clothes, it is unreal. I have truly crossed over from being the big girl (a 38-year stint) to being a normal person who struggles with winter weight. I would never have dreamed this could be.

I have felt down on myself for letting myself out of that 5 pound maintenance range which I now realize is just plain silly. I have not diminished my bigger accomplishment in any way.

This is simply a new challenge for me, to stay within that goal range no matter what, and I have set up some new tools to meet it, that's all. Luckily, I am all about seeking goals, so this should be another successful venture for me. The plan: (1) Get to maintenance at TOPS (2 more pounds to go) and continue with weekly weigh-ins the rest of my life, acknowledgment of time spent at "KOPS" level, etc. (2) Continue Food and Exercise Logging.

I think part of my discomfort this week is the fact that I am going to be with my extended family this coming weekend and neighbors down at the beach and I always feel as if I am under microscope and have to keep strong to keep from freaking out and acting out (that would be "eating out") .. anyhow, another topic for another diary entry ...
Old 05-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #1145

Maintaining is hard. It is good to have a range and when you get to the high end try to get it off before it creeps. I know this because I just had a 3 pound gain over the high end of my norm. Three pounds on a 5' girl is a lot. The thing about weight it is hard to believe the scale will say the same thing the next day or a week later. Hard not to get scale obsessed.

How often do you weigh??

Pauline you are amazing. Your weight loss is amazing. I am sure you husband and kids are very proud of you!!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #1146

Debbie I am weighing daily right now and will for a while until I feel settled and then I'll weigh once a week on Tuesdays .. I hear you on the 3 pounds! I am finding it is a big difference for me too -- weird! lol!

Journal Note: Looks like I'll be without internet access until Monday night unless something changes .. so excuse me for not responding to stuff on threads etc .. I may have only limited time when/if I can get online this weekend ....
Old 06-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #1147

Tuesday June 2, 2010

My weekend went pretty well from the food point of view .. being prepared always makes for a successful time at my folks house. This time (as there will be on July 4 and Labor Day), there are 2 small children in the house and the rest of us have to defer kitchen use to their mother, so this weekend, I made almost all my meals ahead of time and brought them frozen and pre-made, down to sauteeing cabbage and freezing it in ziploc bags, which was really the one addition to my usual m.o. Being able to grab those was actually very helpful!

One thing I am finding since I ran out of bars and haven't bought any - I am hating breakfast!! Just cannot get into it at all!! I made MsWoods Not Cake and have 5 more of those bars and will finish them up, but I don't really like them -- which actually says nothing about them, because I am not liking anything else I try either, lol! I suppose I will just keep trying recipes!

Maybe tomorrow I wil spread some sf jam on the bar and see if I like that better .. might help! They are very handy and easy to make!!!

Would it be too weird to eat sheratake noodle soup for breakfast? That's another option for tomorrow a.m. ...

Last edited by TaDa!; 06-02-2010 at 04:59 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Would it be too weird to eat sheratake noodle soup for breakfast? That's another option for tomorrow a.m. ...

No, it would not be weird! If you like them, eat them. It is better to eat something for breakfast than nothing. Besides your stomach doesn't care what you eat, just that you eat. At least mine cares.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #1149

LOL! Thanks Dianne! Couldn't bring myself to do it ... it didn't appeal at 6 am .. ugh, nothing does! lol!!! I think I'll finish up the batch of bars I made and then try "clouds," lol!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #1150

Thursday June 3, 2010

It's my 7 year Atkinsversary!!

Today is My 7 Year Atkinsversary!!!!

I just had shiratake noodles with butter and parmesan instead of a sweet, lol!!! for my meal #5 ... my kids wanted to eat it on me!!! I haven't had Shiratake noodles in a few years and I fear I am back on them, lol! Expensive habit!!!!!

I haven't been hungry for brekkie lately since I upped my fat levels, but feel I must eat it as I do get faint at workouts without enough salt or food and that cannot be good!! I was doing a coconut oil thing, but I find it upsets my stomach first thing in the morning ... I am going to try to switch around my meals. I will have my flax muffin for breakfast tomorrow and then have a coconut bark at afternoon snack when I would usually have the muffin! There! Executive Decision!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #1151

Friday June 4, 2010

So far I have liked the breakfast/snack switch .. lol! We'll see if I am still happy about it around 3-4 when it is time for a snack, lol!

So, the curse of being a good presenter (uhh .. blabbermouth) .. they liked my talk on my "journey" at TOPS a few weeks ago and asked me to do one on vegetarianism .. sheesh, like where to start? I could talk about that for a couple of hours ..

So, anyhow, I am going to skirt all the various issues, just mention them: dietary considerations, cost savings, environmental impact issues, moral/spiritual issues, and just talk about what constitutes a vegetarian protein, what people eat already that is vegetarian, and how to eat more vegetarian meals without going "all the way" - using foods they already know and might be surprised to hear have protein in them (like some green vegetables, bread, rice, egg white). I'll also bring up the "Meatless Monday" movement ..

Here is the handout sheet I am planning to pass out at some point in the talk ... any vegetarians out there, feel free to make suggestions! The talk is Tuesday -- and I have pretty much used the entire page, lol! The audience is not just lowcarb - but all plans!

How To Get a Little Vegetarian into Your Diet …

VEGETARIAN PROTEINS
Nuts and Seeds – Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Peanut Butter (technically a legume)
Dairy – Eggs, Cheese, Yogurt, Milk, Whey protein powder (and shakes)*
Beans – Lentils, Chickpeas, Beans of all kinds, Hummus Spread
Grains – Bread, Rice, Wheat Seitan (a/k/a “Wheat Meat”)*
Soy and Vegetable Protein –Veggieburgers, Soy Crumbles, Tofu*, Tempeh,* Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)*

RECOMMENDED PROTEIN LEVELS
Based on the “Reference Nutrient Intakes for Protein” which replaced the RDA

Women (age 15-49) ~45 gm
Women (age 50+) ~50 gm
Women (pregnant) 51 gm
Women (lactating) 53-56 gm

Men (age 15-49) ~55 gm
Men (age 50+) ~53 gm

Children (age 7-10) ~28 gm
Children (age 11-14) ~42 gm

VEGETARIAN PROTEIN VALUES

Soy, Nuts, Beans
Almonds (1/4c) 6 gm
Peanut Butter (2T) 8 gm
Veggieburger 15 gm
Red Beans (1 cup) 12 gm
Hummus (1/4 cup) 4 gm

Grains
Special K Cereal (1 cup) 6 gm
Whole Wheat Bread (2 slices) 8 gm
White Bread (2 slices) 4 gm
Rice (1 cup) 4-5 gm
Pasta (2 oz dry/sm bowl cooked) 7-8 gm

Dairy
Milk – all kinds (1 cup) 8 gm
Yogurt (1 cup/8 oz) 12 gm
American Cheese (slice) 4 gm
Cheddar Cheese (grated 1/4 c) 7 gm
Eggs (2 large) 12 gm
Egg Whites (2 large) 8 gm

Veggies
Broccoli (1 cup chopped cooked) 6 gm
Peas (1 cup) ~8 gm
Spinach (a salad bag) 6 gm
Corn (1 ear) 4.5 gm

>>> Might add a section here called "Weird vegetarian Proteins" and put protein counts for seitan, tofu, etc ...

EASY VEGETARIAN MEALS

Mexican Food with beans, cheese, brown rice and veggies (enchiladas, tacos, fajitas!)
Italian Pasta made with cheese, soy cheese, and/or beans
Mediterranean Food made with beans, cheese, maybe eggs and nuts (Greek Salad, hummus on pita, falafel)
Breakfasts and Snacks Yogurt, nuts, cereal, quiche, eggs and cheese or vegetarian sausage, whole grain crackers or bread, peanut butter sandwich

NOTE: Fake “ground meat” can be used in any of these entrée meals as a substitute for ground hamburger or turkey.

COMMERCIAL VEGETARIAN PRODUCTS

Veggieburgers, Sausages, and Fake “ground meat” by Gardenburger, Boca, Morningstar (usually in the freezer section by the frozen sausage at the market)

Peanut Butter, Almond Butter

Hummus – Find it across from the deli counter near the cheese case

Hormel Vegetarian Chili – with the canned meats at the store

Amy’s Frozen Dinners – Cheese enchiladas, Black bean Enchiladas

Frozen Pasta products – Cheese Ravioli, Cheese and Potato Pierogies, etc

Last edited by TaDa!; 06-04-2010 at 09:43 AM..
Old 06-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #1152

Saturday June 5, 2010

Ohmigosh funny story. Kinda. I raised my two girls as meat eaters and both of them started asking me around age 8 to eat vegetarian. I told them both at the time that they had to wait to be a little bit older when they were ready to make that kind of decision. I just did not want them to disappoint themselves and I wanted them to make the decision independently. (DH has always been a meateater - although I am sure he eats less than most people. I only make him meat a few times a week).

My eldest dd again came to me (again) at about age 12 and I let her go vegetarian at that point. Little dd became interested and I kept telling her that when she was a little older. Well apparently Friday she asked dh what his feeling on it was (she is now 9 yo) - he replied that he wanted her to continue to eat meat at least a little while longer ..

So, she comes home from school that afternoon and, her face red, hands me a piece of paper that reads (in newly learned cursive handwriting):

"I think I should have the privilege to be a vegetarian. Many freinds think so to"

and underneath that ...

42 signatures

Needless to say, DH and I decided she was taking it very seriously and understood that it would be ok if she decided against it after trying it out .. lol! So as of yesterday evening the vegetarians and vegetarian novitiates outvote the carnivores in this house
Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #1153

Sunday June 6. 2010

I had the handouts photocopied and made 2 signs for my talk with basic information on them. I did add the specific vegetarian proteins with a note for people if interested to ask myself or my other vegetarian friend for further information on these proteins -- as I know most people need to start slowly with this and keep the learning curve slow! lol!

This is the addition, lol!!

Weird Vegetarian Proteins*
Soy Tofu (4 oz) 10 gm
Soy Tempeh (4 oz) 16 gm
Wheat Seitan (4 oz) 23 gm
Quorn (4 oz) 23 gm
Soy TVP (1/4c) 12 gm
Old 06-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #1154

Tuesday June 9, 2010

So I did my presentation on Vegetarian eating and the group loved it - I was so surprised really! There were a couple of people madly scribbling notes, lol! I stopped them and gave them the handout, lol! It ended up being a very successful talk which, by the end, had turned into a group discussion. One thing that worked well -- at the last minute before leaving the house, I threw my calorie/carb counter book into my bag and was able to look up some protein counts right there on the spot - and found both edamame and quinoa have high protein levels (not surprising really - one being soy and the other a seed that behaves like a grain).

My weight also had dropped overnight - not yet to my TOPS "goal" but almost - but I am finally finally within my Atkins 5 pound range! My weight went down another three-quarter pound last night to 132!! I expect a bounce back up as there is a chance I am dehydrated BUT hard to tell, as the weight had been coming off soooooooo slowly, this may just be the usual whoosh of weightloss I get once a month ... blergh!

I am leaving my official number as my Tuesday weigh-in number - nothing worse than having a bounce up and having to adjust that number upward, lol!!

I am such a head case!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #1155

Pauline, I am sure your talk went well. You could inspire anyone who comes to listen to you just like when you write here.

I hear you on the scale. I see it drop and get excited and then I get on the scale my Friday weekly weighin day and I am up two pounds. Tells me how much is water gains and losses. I don't know why I am weighing myself daily. I guess I like seeing the drops but I sure hate when my weight goes up especially on Friday.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #1156

Deb - that is soooo me too! lol! Add in any bathroom variations and there you go some more weight fluctuation! It's a plus and minus with the weekly weigh-ins!!!

Thursday June 10, 2010
Well I totally called it, lol! My weight drop of yesterday is gone! lol! Back to 132.75 .. and it makes me happy that I can tell when I am a little dehydrated! I also have some soreness in my upper body from lifting yesterday ... I plan on doing lower body weights today. I have not done lower body weights in some time due to a tweak of my knee and I expect to be very sore from it - although I will try to take it easy - I just know I will have muscle soreness and water from that ...

It just is what it is! But it is time to get back to building muscle since I have hit my goal range! My exercise has done that all along but it is time to be a little more deliberate about it ...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #1157

Pauline, I called it too. My weight is up a pound.

I am sure you would say stick to what works and try not to sweat the daily ups and downs. Tomorrow I sure hope I am not up yet another pound or two. that is what happened last week. 118 on a Wednesday and 121 on a Friday. We all know I didn't eat enough to gain that many pounds or so little to drop so many pounds overnight. Has to be fluid etc.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #1158

You soooo know me Deb! My theory being "do the right thing" and the right thing will happen with that weight chart .. With all the fluctuations you and I get, we seriously should not weigh ourselves at all while losing weight As if ....... My advice: Just keep telling yourself that are you doing the right thing (diet+exercise) and the metal monster must eventually tell the truth!

Thing is, once you know what makes you lose weight, it is much easier to have that blind faith with weightloss than it is with maintenance. I have yet to find my "equation" for success at maintenance .. I either keep going below where I should be, or I start heading back up the scale .. I intend to solve this conundrum by Fall, lol!!!

Pauline
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #1159

essentially I am in maintenance with the need to lose weight here and there since I don't do such a great job maintaining. If I don't watch the scale the weight can creep back on. That happened to me the last few months. I am lower now then I was when I ran the marathon in October but I was down to this point over the summer last year when my miles were really high. I want to be able to maintain without running 35-40 miles a week.

The scale is not my friend for sure. I have to be comfortable in my own skin. I do need to know when I am gaining or losing too quickly though so I have to face the scale for that info and allow the fluctuations.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #1160

I hear you Deb!!! Yah, I can gain weight running 40 miles a week ... I have proven that before

Friday June 11, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasty View Post
Ok....this thread is for everyone's Coconut Oil Fudge recipes....I love this stuff...and you can do a ton of different combinations!!

1. Chocolate Pecan Fudge:

4 T melted C Oil
3 squares of premium baking chocolate, melted
3 T of ground flax seeds
2 T of shredded coconut
Chopped pecans
Scoop of PP
2 packets splenda

line an 8x8 pan w/ foil, spread in pan and refrigerate, cut into 8 bars

Yesterday I finally made this recipe I had posted above and had promised to review. I made it with a few tweaks for ingredients I had in the cupboard. I used Nutiva coconut oil and it came out very coconutty and delicious! I really like the consistency better than the coconut bark I had been making (probably due to the flax and coconut additions). OK - here is what I did with calorie and carb counts. I would eat 2 pieces a day and I do figure this into my total calorie/carb counts. I do believe it matters despite what has been written in some of the threads on coconut oil. I do not believe any of these foods are miraculous and "don't count" -- but that is just my opinion, lol!

Smasty's Chocolate Pecan Fudge - Pauline's variation

5 T melted C Oil
3 T cocoa powder
3 T of ground flax seeds
2 T of shredded unsweetened coconut (got it at whole foods)
1.5 oz pecans, chopped
Scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (I used Cytosport)
Liquid Splenda (= to 1 cup)

line an 8x8 pan w/ plastic wrap, spread in pan and refrigerate, cut into 6 bars

6 servings; 205 calories; 2.15 net carbs

Next time I will try making them in muffin papers, I think they would be nicer not as thin .. but they do taste amazing!! I was using spectrum co oil but I think the Nutiva is tastier ..

One thing ... if you do not have control with this type of stuff, whatever you do, do not make this!!! lol!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #1161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: osstrich
Stats: 157.5/149/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 2008 restart again Jan 3, 2011
TaDa - I love reading your posts. I just found your journal. I can't wait to read it all for inspiration!
osstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:11 AM   #1162

Gallery: Energy4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
I hear you Deb!!! Yah, I can gain weight running 40 miles a week ... I have proven that before

Friday June 11, 2010

Yesterday I finally made this recipe I had posted above and had promised to review. I made it with a few tweaks for ingredients I had in the cupboard. I used Nutiva coconut oil and it came out very coconutty and delicious! I really like the consistency better than the coconut bark I had been making (probably due to the flax and coconut additions). OK - here is what I did with calorie and carb counts. I would eat 2 pieces a day and I do figure this into my total calorie/carb counts. I do believe it matters despite what has been written in some of the threads on coconut oil. I do not believe any of these foods are miraculous and "don't count" -- but that is just my opinion, lol!

Smasty's Chocolate Pecan Fudge - Pauline's variation

5 T melted C Oil
3 T cocoa powder
3 T of ground flax seeds
2 T of shredded unsweetened coconut (got it at whole foods)
1.5 oz pecans, chopped
Scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (I used Cytosport)
Liquid Splenda (= to 1 cup)

line an 8x8 pan w/ plastic wrap, spread in pan and refrigerate, cut into 6 bars

6 servings; 205 calories; 2.15 net carbs

Next time I will try making them in muffin papers, I think they would be nicer not as thin .. but they do taste amazing!! I was using spectrum co oil but I think the Nutiva is tastier ..

One thing ... if you do not have control with this type of stuff, whatever you do, do not make this!!! lol!!!

Energy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #1163
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Pauline, I'm catching up with your posts. The June 5th one with the request to be a vegetarian and signatures was just adorable. And it's so great that you gave a vegetarian presentation. You are a true testimony to vegetarianism.

I am thinking of giving up fish Pauline. Are you still eating fish? it's so much easier (for eating out, etc.) to eat fish, but now I'm questioning it. But I know I'll never go vegan - love my dairy too much! And I make no excuses for it. We all have to find our comfort level and something we can live with.

Anyway, we really love your journal Pauline. I know I speak for all of us following it. The recipes are very helpful as well. I really feel so much better without meat and poultry. Fish might be the last to go.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:17 AM   #1164

Thank you Lisa Ann, Energy4life and Joycelyn! I really do tend to just ramble for myself, but am glad that I can sometimes help my friends here too

Joycelyn I am still eating fish ... and I hadn't had any in about two months, lol! and then just had some the last two days. I have given up fish before for a few years too and both my daughters will not eat it. We will see how that plays out with me -- I tend to eat fish in the summer mostly just because we spend it at the shore. Ideally I would give it up and dairy (but I think I'd find that impossible for me) .. but I always feel - with everything, not just vegetarian eating, that we should not let the things we cannot yet do keep us from accomplishing that which we can right now. It applies to losing weight and everything else too ... And heck, we always need things to aspire to in life, right?!

Pauline
Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #1165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/134/125
WOE: my way! low carb & low cal
Start Date: 2/15/2014
Pauline,
just found your posting and love it. I too am playing around with 5 pounds. I was 128 for so long and now all of a sudden I am at 132. What is it? Now I am trying to remember what I was eating to get to the 128, but for the life of me I cannot remember. Can you tell me what you eat in a day to make the scale go down?
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #1166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
Hey Pauline! Your recipes look delish! I'm not a big sweet eater, my downfall was always dough so I stay clear of breads and sigh.....bagels. Love hot freshly toasted bagels and cream cheese.:blush: Think I will give your sweet treat a try.
You mentioned fish. I eat a lot of fish and other types of sea food. I feel less bogged down eating sea food compared to meat....gave up meat a long time ago and I've never looked back.
Today I reached day 491 of not missing a workout day. I am so chuffed and stunned at the same time. I am now down 60 lbs and looking ahead to loose more. Life is good!!!! Who would have thought I would give a pet name to my elliptical machine and give it a pat when I walk by it whispering "thank you!:blush:
Thanks for all your inspirational thoughts on this blog.
msmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #1167

Giggles, what works for me may or may not work for you. I do not like posting menus for that reason! The best info I can give you is that I am eating 1500-1600 calories a day, about 110-15 gm fat, 40-50 net carbs. What I have eaten and plan to eat today is posted right here:

what are we eating today?

But, I also burned 550 calories this morning doing an hour of cardio ... am around 23-24 bmi, and not lower, am 45 years old, etc etc etc. I eat a lot for someone my size trying to lose weight, but I can .. I also am doing it very slowly. This week, upping my fats and lowering carbs has sped it up a bit, but you really need to find out what works for you.

I am not one to give tips on speedy weightloss. There are tens, maybe hundreds, of people here on lcf who have an idea of some kind of "quick loss" schemes. They always backfire for me and send me to binge eating. Sorry I could not be more helpful!

Mavis!!!! Congratulations on a big 60 pounds!!! and even more -- omg!!!!! 491 days of workouts .. I cannot even imagine accomplishing that!!!!!! lol!!!!! You are amazing Girl!!!!!!!

You know I was at Whole Foods today drooling over the cheeses, smoked salmon and gourmet olives! My whole idea of amazing eating has changed, lol!! In fact, I am thinking - when I get back from my 3-week stay with my parents in CT, if I have managed to lose weight or maintain (i.e. no gains), I will buy a number of those very expensive food items and have an lc feast, lol!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #1168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
Thanks Pauline. I lose weight very slowly so this is a milestone for me in so many ways.
Speaking of fish, tonight we are having northern cod which comes from where the water is deep and very cold. Cold deep water makes for such a nice taste and texture.... "FRESH" is about the only way to describe it.
I am going to make Hyderabadi Biryani paste as it's coating.

To die for..... cheese, smoked salmon and the right olives. Don't forget the wine.
msmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmoon View Post
..... To die for..... cheese, smoked salmon and the right olives. Don't forget the wine.
Oh you know it Mavis!!!!!

The paste sounds amazing ... too funny I bought a whole bunch of Indian-style simmering sauces (and one Thai green curry sauce) at Trader Joe's this weekend ... got it for the other veg-heads in the house, but they are all rather lc so I may have to give them a go too
Old 06-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #1170
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hi Pauline, thanks for your words of encouragement on the main lobby when I posted about my blood sugar issues.

Back to South Beach for me starting tomorrow. Pauline, you are so blessed that you found a plan that really worked for you that you can stick with.