Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #931
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Pauline it is so good to see you back. You sound great!!!!
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #932
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Pauline, we have one lady who has kept her weight off for 40+ years! I like the weekly accountability.

Maybe some younger people will join. We have members ages from 14-84. So it is a nice mix.

I don't always agree with everything they say and I am sure they don't always agree with me. But it is nice to show that everyone has to find their own woe and fit it into a lifestyle change. I think they would be also excited to have a vegetarian to show how it can be done.

I hope you can post a little more often. I missed you, twin!

You may have noticed that my weight has dropped more but I am only a little over 5' so it is not too small for me. I am not going any lower but it just happened with cutting out salt in the last few months. I didn't realize that I was eating a few spices that had salt as the first ingredient! I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed!

I hope this is okay to take up space in your journal. I was crowned TOPS state queen runner-up in 2008 and go to lots of chapters giving my story. I have another one in a week. It has been great to meet people and also a real self-esteem booster,

Feel free to join us on the TOPS thread, link below.

Just so happy to see you here!!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html

Last edited by NWLoser; 01-19-2010 at 10:38 AM..
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
There you are!
msmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:11 AM   #934

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Hi Debbie! Hi Mavis!! Thank you for the cute Christmas Card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Pauline, we have one lady who has kept her weight off for 40+ years! I like the weekly accountability.

Maybe some younger people will join. We have members ages from 14-84. So it is a nice mix.

I don't always agree with everything they say and I am sure they don't always agree with me. But it is nice to show that everyone has to find their own woe and fit it into a lifestyle change. I think they would be also excited to have a vegetarian to show how it can be done.

I hope you can post a little more often. I missed you, twin!

You may have noticed that my weight has dropped more but I am only a little over 5' so it is not too small for me. I am not going any lower but it just happened with cutting out salt in the last few months. I didn't realize that I was eating a few spices that had salt as the first ingredient! I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed!

I hope this is okay to take up space in your journal. I was crowned TOPS state queen runner-up in 2008 and go to lots of chapters giving my story. I have another one in a week. It has been great to meet people and also a real self-esteem booster,

Feel free to join us on the TOPS thread, link below.

Just so happy to see you here!!
I do remember you lowering your goal weight once you figured out that's where you want to be - 5' is a far cry from 5'3" (I am "tall" in my family, lol!) so I totally understand why you'd want to lower that goal weight!! I think we still can be twins though Myself, I tried out 123 lbs and while the bod was good, my face was famine-skinny and just not attractive - and it's interesting to see KOPS (people on maintenance) at TOPS who are definitely a higher bmi than I am when I want to lose a few pounds, but where you are happy is a personal thing. How cool that you were state runner up for queen!!!! wowza!!!!!!!!

I noticed my salt is out of control too when I went to print a summary page to hand in at my TOPS meeting, but I'm having trouble figuring it out - I have been using thedailyplate (since ****** totally let me down and I can barely get in there even tho my records go back to 2003 in there!), so to figure it out, I'd need to meticulously go through my foods and see how the sodium stacks up - I know it is due to the processed foods I eat. Funny you should mention it, but in the push to get my family to eat their veggies, I decided to go buy a salt-free spice mixture last week and they really like it - it's made by McCormick - one of my dd's is allergic to all the Mrs. Dash products (they all contain mustard) ...

anyhooooo, I'll check out the TOPs thread although I seem to be very inconsistent lately in getting to the boards .. maybe I need to make a new year's resolution to get in here and post ..

p.s. FYI anyone interested in sodium, the US RDA - as recommended by the American Heart Association is 2400 mg a day (from all sources).

Mine is around 3500 a day - and it looks like it's from cheese slices, and the vegetarian soy products I eat .. I suppose I could change the cheese maybe, but the veggie burger-type products would be a problem ...

Last edited by TaDa!; 01-21-2010 at 04:25 AM..
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #935

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
I wish I was as diligent as you.I don't measure or put my food in ****** anymore.When I did I was my thinnest.

I eat way too much salt. That is what happens when you eat Lean Cuisine type meals and canned soup even the "Healthy" kind. I don't do it every day. I can't manage unsalted Peanut Butter. I cook with salt. I guess it the next addiction I should work on. I just cut out all my Crystal Light.

Keep up the good work!!! I think what you have done on your journey is amazing. You have always been and will always be an inspiration to me. I am so happy you are back here even if it isn't that often.

I too am only 5' tall and have to go by the way I feel not the number some chart says I should be. 112-114 people think I look sick. Funny thing is when I was in my early 20s I would have starved myself if I weighed that much so I could be 105. Now I accept 118-122 but strive to be on the low end not the high end. Regretfully my weight seems to stabilize at 122.

Enough about me. I may not be able to relate to the huge loss of weight you have managed to accomplish. I never weighed much more then 146 unless I was pregnant. I can relate to the struggles to stay at the weight you want and to find what is the appropriate weight for myself.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #936
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Hi Pauline! Nice to see you! I've been wondering how you're doing....
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #937
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline, I found the McCormick salt-free products about 2 months ago and love them. I like them way better than Mrs. Dash. I like the garlic pepper and the savory one.

You are a long time maintainer and I really admire that! It will be two years in April that I have kept over 100 lbs. off. That is a biggie for me. No more yo-yo dieting!

I still want to be your twin.

Hi Mavis!!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #938
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
Awwww thanks!! Nice to see you too ... Look at that avi!!!! skinny skinny!!
Thanks, Pauline. I took that picture of myself at the T-Tapp Retreat in Safety Harbor, FL. While you were gone, I entered the T-Tapp 60-Day Challenge and won They flew me out to the retreat all expenses paid!

My face may look skinny, but my body has a ways to go to catch up. LOL I'm still plugging along and will achieve my goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post

Waving to Elizabeth!
Hi, Diane! *waving back*

How do you find dailyplate? I don't like ****** as much since they changed it but tried SparksPeople and found that cumbersome.

Last edited by GardenGirl639; 01-21-2010 at 01:44 PM..
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Thanks, Pauline. I took that picture of myself at the T-Tapp Retreat in Safety Harbor, FL. While you were gone, I entered the T-Tapp 60-Day Challenge and won They flew me out to the retreat all expenses paid!

My face may look skinny, but my body has a ways to go to catch up. LOL I'm still plugging along and will achieve my goals!

Hi, Diane! *waving back*

How do you find dailyplate? I don't like ****** as much since they changed it but tried SparksPeople and found that cumbersome.

Well done you! That is a very positive achievement I am sure you'll reach your goal in time. You have a great inspiration here with Pauline and Diane.....I know they have been just that for me. Diane, I seen the pic's in the lobby that you posted a while back, you look wonderful!
Pauline, you're most welcome with regards to the Christmas card.... I am really glad to know you are keeping well.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:39 AM   #940
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmoon View Post
You have a great inspiration here with Pauline and Diane.....I know they have been just that for me. Diane, I seen the pic's in the lobby that you posted a while back, you look wonderful!
Thanks Mavis! That made me blush.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #941

Wow you girls have been busy!!!! Elizabeth congratulations on the T-Tapp award - that is just amazing! My mouth dropped open when I read your post, lol!!! You and Dianne -- how cool to get recognition for your hard work ... that is really amazing!!!!

Elizabeth, you can find daily plate at Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate - personally I liked ****** better because I used it for like 5 or 6 years, but have become accustomed to this one now)

Debbie - I also find it sure is difficult to stay maintaining - and to figure out the right weight .. I find one big bonus of staying a little "bigger" For me 128+ v. 123 is that I can wear regular clothes in like a 4/6. It was a real bummer to realize that many of the labels I like didn't make a size I could wear at that lower weight - but I guess that is also a price we pay for being petite. Dianne you probably wear that 2, lol!

Dianne I looked at the mccormick spice last night and it is, indeed, the garlic and herb one - funny - reminds me a little of old bay seasoning ..

Hey Linda!!!!!!! How are you and your family doing girlfriend??!! You're getting a knee replacement soon? Does that mean you haven't been able to ride?? You are such a determined lady, I am sure you will recover quickly and be better than before once you get it done - everyone I know who has had "replacement parts" really does end up with a much better quality of life afterward.

I hope everyone is doing ok back at "the other place" .. I think one reason I stop posting is that the focus on weightloss (on both boards) just isn't good for my state of mind when I'm supposed to be maintaining - I end up thinking too much about food, etc and can end up giving in to the binge-eating - I guess I just have to limit where I post and read and stay away from some of the obsessive stuff .. for my own good ..
Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #942
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Pauline, family is doing great...today is my youngest son's 30th birthday! Can't believe he's that old already!

Yes, I'm getting a new knee in a few weeks! Can't wait...it did affect my biking a bit but I can use the stationary bikes with no trouble and up until a few weeks ago I was ok with an elliptical, too, but things must have shifted a bit. I'm hoping that the new knee will allow lots of biking and walking again!

Everyone's doing great elsewhere....the other place crashed/closed and we moved on to a new one...

I'm glad you're doing well....I understand about needing to focus on maintaining instead of losing...most of us are still focused on losing and I can't wait to recover and get back to it...I'm still working on it....long way to go but hard to work on if I can't get around so good!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #943
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline, I hear you about some other threads, etc. I just concentrate on maintaining. So far not bad. In April it will mark 2 years of having 100 lbs. gone forever.

Elizabeth, I forgot to mention congratulations on the T-Tapp! That is awesome that they paid your way.

Pauline I do wear a 2 in jeans but not shirts. I lost quite a lot in my upper area but not enough to be that small. LOL!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #944
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JSSword
Stats: 247.0/167.2/147
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/09
Hey Pauline,
nice to see you again, good to hear you are still maintaining.
I was thinking about you the other day and decided to look you up on here,
drop me a line when you have time, I am also on facebook, perhaps I will see you there
Talk to you soon
Jutta
JSSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #945

Hey Linda, Glad to hear you have been able to keep on biking - how awesome that your big activity puts so little stress on the joints. I bet you will be back at it in no time after the surgery!!!!! Bummer about the old board, but I think I found the new place and it looks like everyone is doing well - which is just great!!!

Dianne very cool on the 2 year mark .. Wow!!! So many would just kill to be in your position, lol!!!

Hey Jutta!!! Nice to see you! I thought of you the other day .. I went over to MC for some shopping-related thing and wondered how you were doing!!! From your sig, looks like you are really doing great!! Congrats!!!!!Funny thing, I just do not know what to do about facebook ... I have resisted actually opening an account I would use ... I am on my daughter's account all the time in order to monitor her and her "friends" (and keep an eye on the bullying, etc.), but just am not sure I am ready to bite the bullet myself, lol!!! If it was only my lc friends, I'd jump in and do it!!! lol!!!! Funny, huh?!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #946
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha! Came back to say ....Pauline, I am happy that you got the card. Wow, that seams so long ago now....like it was last year!
It's great to have you back here posting as you always give good food for thought and it's good to see all of you here with such wonderful positive success stories.
mamagiff, good luck with the new knee. A friend got his done last year and his like a new man. He went from hobbling to bounding in a short space of time.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #947

I guess it *was* a long time ago, lol! I dunno the older I get the closer events all seem to be to me Mavis

January 26, 2010

Well, seeing as I have remembered to keep coming in, I may as well start journaling today! Today was a big food day and I have no one to share with IRL, lol!!! I have been making those soynut butter cups in a new way and really like them! but I've been concerned that maybe this would put me over the top as far sa eating too much soy. My doc says soy is fine as foods one eats but not as supplements, but I'm thinking she is not meaning to eat soy at every meal, lol! So, today in the market I noticed that the sunflower seed butter was the same price as the soynut butter .. I have a weeks' batch of the soynut butter cups already made, but am excited to try the sunflower seed butter

Food thing #2 .. I recently made my favorite lc spinach casserole for dh's potluck .. and decided to make one for me today and lower some of the calories .. I subbed in lowfat yogurt for the cream, and 2/3 of the eggs, I used eggbeaters. It smells divine and I cannot wait to try it tonight! If it comes out well, I will re-post it here in my lower calorie version (about 265 calories, 7 net carbs a serving).

Food thing #3 I made mango smoothies for the kids for their after-school snack - 1 cup of the lowfat yogurt, a whole mango, and a few drops of liquid splenda and they went nuts for it.

The last few weeks I have been trying some new foods, making up my own recipes and having fun with it. It lifts my spirits for some odd reason, lol! Apologies that my food posting isn't ultra-low carbs .. but it's where I'm at and much of it can be altered to go higher calorie, lower carb if so desired ....
Old 01-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #948

January 27, 2010

I didn't really intend to do so, but I cooked up a storm again today, lol! The spinach casserole with the tweaks was frikken amazing ... as in waaaaaaay better than the one I made for dh with the cream and all the whole eggs. The yogurt gave it a really nice flavor. I am so happy about it!!! It's great to have in the freezer for when I need a quick meal to take with me somewhere.

I seem to be having the same conversation over and over at the TOPS meeting I go to every week now as I meet new members .. it's actually kinda shocking but each meeting there's been at least one person, who upon meeting me for the first time, looked me up and down and pronounced that "you don't have any weight to lose!" It's getting a wee bit annoying having to defend the need to lose a couple of pounds because I like to stay at 128, and explaining that I lost a lot of weight in total blah blah blah, and want to become a better (more consistent) maintainer blah blah ..

Anyhow, I now carry before photos with me - hopefully they'll get used to me. It's weird experiencing reverse bias ... like implying "you're too thin to join this group,"or that I'm some vain thinnie minnie who pretends she's fat ... s'ok though - I don't take offense. It's just strange. I never belonged to a support group before, so I guess I just don't know what to expect.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #949
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline, I think the reason that the members say that to you as they are not used to people who are near or at goal joining. Mostly people join before they lose any. I think having your before photo with you is a good idea. I think once they get used to you that they will not say it any more or be bragging that they have this member who lost so much!

You are doing amazing in maintaining long term. I hope to follow in your footsteps. I will have to note some of your recipes and try them. They sound good!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #950

Gallery: thisismyyear
Pauline, thanks for the nut drop recipe. I like peanut butter and will be using that.

Also, PLEASE post your spinach casserole recipe. I too always look for ways to lower the calories in foods without increasing the carbs too much.

I take the classic deep dish pizza quiche recipe on this board and use fat free cream cheese instead of regular, evaporated 2% milk instead of heavy cream, and 1/2 fat free mozarella along with 1/2 regular mozzarella for the total cheese.

It is just as delicious and no one can tell the difference. It's fun to find ways to lower the calories painlessly.
thisismyyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #951

Thanks Dianne. I know you are definitely right! I will fit in eventually, lol! or they'll toss me out ... j/k! I guess I still hate being judged all the time based on how I look, but it's human nature and I just have to accept that. I am less aware of it now, but when I do come up against it, it still p*'s me off same as it did when people dismissed me because I was heavy. Like everything else, I guess I just have to name it for what it is, and move on!!!! Awesome to have friends here to share this stuff with, lol! There are definitely some topics that I cannot bring up to anyone IRL! lol!! There was a doozy today in the gym locker room .. uhhhhhhh I guess I'll write about it later..

thisismyyear I have some tweaks to that soynut butter drop recipe that make it easier to deal with .. mainly first to sprinkle a tiny pinch of cocoa powder in a muffin paper, place 5 of the almonds in. Now melt the peanut butter and pour 1 tablespoon in each paper. Top with a pinch of the cocoa powder. Freeze, and keep in the freezer. Not stable at room temperature! Also it would taste much better with a second T of the peanut butter if you can afford an extra 100 calories ....

OK, here is the Spinach Casserole recipe tweaked:

Baked Spinach Casserole 8 big servings

3 - 10 oz pkges frozen chopped spinach -- thawed and drained
3 - 4 oz cans of mushroom slices -- drained
4 whole large eggs
2 cups eggbeaters
3/4 cup lowfat yogurt
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups Hunt's Tomato Sauce
16 oz shredded mozzarella
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoon basil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12x16 baking pan with cooking spray.

Beat eggs with a fork then stir in all the spices, the yogurt and the parmesan cheese.

Mix well then stir in the spinach and mushrooms.

Spoon into the prepared pan and tap to settle into an even layer.

Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes then spread the sauce on top and sprinkle on the cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes.

Let sit 15 minutes before cutting the casserole!

Calories 265, Net Carbs 7.4
Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline that recipe sounds wonderful! How big is a portion that you have for 265 calories?

I know what you mean Pauline about being judged by looks alone. It is so much more noticeable to me now. I realize that when I was heavier I was being totally dismissed most of the time like I didn't exist and now the same (clerks, etc) are falling all over themselves to be helpful/kind, etc. I didn't know it was as bad as it was when I was heavier. I knew I was not treated the same but I didn't know that it was that much different if that makes sense.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #953

Pauline, thank you so much for the spinach recipe and the nut drop tweaks. Thank you so much! Please continue to share your recipes - they are my kind of food!!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:03 AM   #954

I do know exactly what you mean Dianne! Portion wise, the casserole above is huge portions and could probably be cut down some to say 10-12 portions. I eat really big meals, lol!!! hence the need to cut calories for me. I'd usually eat the casserole with a side of veg even though it is a little like overkill ... My family is fairly sure I was a rabbit in another life.

You're very welcome thisismyyear! I plan on trying Linda Sue's Quesadilla Quiche. Angiecakes was raving about it over on the Main Board and I think my whole family will like it. I plan on subbing out the heavy cream for the lowfat yogurt again - but will use whole eggs as it is quiche after all. Linda Sue marks it as 6-8 servings, but I'll probably make it 6 bigger servings - and the yogurt will bring down the calories to 250 a serving, but up the carbs to 6.5 net carbs (with 3 of those from the yogurt). A lot of people don't count all the carbs in yogurt for various reasons - you can do a search here on "yogurt exception" - and it never affected me even when I was eating a cup of regular yogurt a day, but ymmv, of course! I'll post how it turned out!

Linda Sue's Quesadilla Quiche: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/quesadilla_quiche.html
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #955

oh my Pauline, this recipe looks excellent. I will probably use evaporated 2% milk instead of the heavy cream. I never use heavy cream anymore. I'm on the Insulin Resistance Diet, and I probably eat more carbs than you. But now that I think about it, the yogurt would probably give it a nice tang and texture. I agree with using real eggs in these quiches! I use the omega 3 enriched ones and they are delicious.

Thanks so much for the link to that recipe.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #956

Evaporated 2% milk .. what an interesting idea! Let me know if and when you try it - and I'll do the same...

For eggs, I only buy the "certified humane raised and handled" even though they are expensive .. I get the omegas in capsules anyhow
Old 02-01-2010, 04:22 AM   #957

February 1, 2010

My responses to a list of questions posted by Poopsie over on Main Board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsie2223 View Post
1. What are the five foods that tempt me the most? What can I do/have instead?
Cheese, Peanuts, Cheese, Butter and Cheese. Instead of peanuts, I eat almonds, soynut butter, or (trying this week) sunflower seed butter. Technically I can eat peanuts, but I cannot control myself and will binge on them.

It's not really a question of substitution in the case of the cheese ... what I do is not to keep the nice cheeses that would tempt me into binge eating in my house. I mostly use full fat american cheese and I eat a bunch of it every day. I leave the nice cheeses to special occasions or the occasional purchase of a small quantity for a specific dish .. works a charm!

Quote:
2. What are the three most "dangerous" situations for me while low carbing? What are three ways for each of those situations I might be able to avoid falling off plan?
Answered under #5 and #6 below

Quote:
3. What is the most dangerous time of day for me and why? What can I do to proactively protect myself from falling off plan?
Afternoon and evening are the most dangerous times for me - when I am tired and it feels like everyone wants a piece of me, lol! My solutions are 1. to keep busy, 2. I eat 4 small meals from about 3 pm to 8 pm which is probably half or more of my daily intake. Just knowing there is something else in the pipeline helps me stay mentally away from thoughts of grazing ...

Quote:
4. What three things discourage me the most while low carbing? What are strategies I could adopt to keep from getting discouraged?
Answered below under #5, but also:

Comparing myself to others IRL and thinking I somehow do not and will not ever measure up. The solution is to think of that great person who others like to be around because she smiles all the time, that person who really does have the things that are important: good health, a happy supportive family, and a zest for life and remember that there are people out there who think of me as one of "them" ... the plastics ... even when I feel like I am in a masquerade and ugly me will pop out any minute.

Quote:
5. What are three ways I sabotage myself? How can I become aware of when I am doing this before I do damage to my WOE and my body?
The Diet Mentality Getting obsessed over the scale! Solution: Get realistic over it. If you know what you must do for success - whether losing or maintaining - if you just do it, the results will happen in good time. No one ever succeeded longterm by forcing bizarre unfair restrictions on themselves.

Apathy When I start to not really care, and assume that I do not need to think about deviations here and there from lowcarb because "I am thin anyway and it isn't unreasonable to eat x or y." Fact is, I do need to keep some kind of track of these things - yes, it is likely I can have x or y, but not in an unmeasured unthinking kind of way. I joined a support group for weekly weigh-ins - TOPS - and hope that reminding myself at least once a week that this whole thing is something that does need a little tending to on a regular basis - will help me stay focused.

Depression This seems to go hand in hand with the apathy thing for me. I again started taking my multivitamins (Bs especially) more regularly, and have added St. John's Wort 3x/day and I feel like a new person - still have normal ups and downs, but not that sea of apathy that I started to feel again this winter.

Quote:
6. Who are three people who sabotage me? How can I relate to them differently so they don't have that power over me?
I don't have anyone who does this proactively to me, but there are two situations that involve other people that have caused me to mess up in the past and both involve "legal" foods. The first is Visiting when I stay over someone's house, or family, and all kinds of food is left out on the counter in the one place that people can gather in the house - not left out buffet-style, but as storage (or lack of storage would be a better word). My solution is to cover and put things away - and annoy the heck out of everyone.

The second situation is social - Parties or get-togethers - where I am not feeling good about myself, or stressed over what others think of me, and some buffet food is sitting right in reach of me - that is lowcarb - I will just go to town on it and be unable to stop. it is not the food itself, but the pressure I feel to measure up to others ... silly silly silly!

I have been doing pretty well on both of these lately! Went to a gathering yesterday and did not take a single thing from the buffet - even though there was cheese and I was starving - because I knew I would overdo it, being hungry for dinner. Instead I focused on all the people I wanted to see and talk to ...

I have been trying out the mantra KajunDC posted from Og Mandino ... "I will persist! I will win!" .. for me, meaning, food will not have power in my life to comfort me ... It's a good one!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #958

February 1, 2010 Continued

OK, I am here to grouse. I am retaining water so badly right now!! My chest is absolutely killing me!!!

The sunflower seed butter I bought has sugar in it.

My wireless is all f*'ed up and so are all the computers in this house .. 5 (semi)functional ones at last count.

I feel like going to sleep - but have a few chores to do before bed.

OK, I feel much better now. I think that is really bothering me is the chest pain. Maybe it'll be gone by morning ...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #959
Major LCF Poster!

Keep us posted as that doesn't sound very comfortable Pauline! I don't do well with salt so I steer away from salty stuff. If something has very much sugar in it, it causes me to binge.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:01 AM   #960

Oh hey Dianne! Naw it's pms / hormones ... I always got this and now I get it for like 3/4 of the month. (technically I do not know when it is pms - I had a partial hysterectomy 5 years ago). It's just sore! lol! I usually take a water pill when it gets really bad like last night, or if I'm going to go do a bouncy workout, lol!!!! but I have TOPS this morning and did not want to artificially do anything to my weight ...

Hmmm that may be another reason for being annoyed, my weight is up 3/4 of a lb, lol!!! I know, for sure, that it's water, but I still have to weigh in and report a weight gain ... and hear:

"We're glad you're here"